I've had the incline to play Gran Turismo 2 lately anons but don't have a Playstation at hand...

I've had the incline to play Gran Turismo 2 lately anons but don't have a Playstation at hand. Any good emulators for PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!Hs9HgBwI!RyD2g5NNibDZuVM1fhllUliTJFpe8is1hA8JrjRISKc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

epsxe

ePSXe is my recommended

If you fail horribly with EPSXE, use psxfin.

Is GT2 the best in the series? At what point did it start going to shit?

PCSXR-PGXP if you want improved graphics

The mednafen core in RA if you want as close as possible to the real thing.

This isn't 2005 anymore user.

psxfin its still the easier to use of the bunch, so "in case of complete dumbness", its the one to pick, specially when not trying to run something more hardcore like misadventures of tron bonne.

psxfin is ZSNES-tier, and no other emulator is hard enough to use to justify using it over them.

I should really get on doing that noob pack for RA now that it has drag n drop support

Yes you should.

My fucking nigga.

The one on the PS3 is really good, honestly. Tons of free content updates and whatnot. I don't know what number of GT it is, though.

GT2 is the best in the series, though, yes.

5 is absolute shit especially since they shut down the online, now you have to grind for hours upon hours to even get remotely decent cars, you also have to wait upon the used car dealership to give you something that isn't shit to progress 80% of the time and then you have the whole "you have to B-spec the whole game if you want the good things" and "you have to grind for a hundred hours if you want to enter that race"

6 solves most of the problems with 5 by reverting to what 4 was basically.

okay

PCX2

Was quite an interesting video chip.

HOLLLLL UP
Don't listen to these faggots, OP.
You want mednafen for the most accurate emulation.

He wants to run gran turismo 2, not "Mr.obscuro game 3.33: you will (not) suffer with the plugins"

Plugin hell is still plugin hell, unless it has an actual benefit like PGXP does with it's specific GTE hack and perspective correct texture mapping there's little reason to inflict that upon yourself.

I used pcx2 to run gran turismo 2 and it worked perfectly, and was easy as to setup.

GT2 had one of the most comfy OST ever. You could sit hours in the menu listening to the music.

Well it didn't go as I planned originally since drag n drop support seems flaky as fuck but here's something anyway

Basically Retroarch with all the needed BIOSes a bunch of cores and modified settings that are slightly better than default (mainly deactivated the instant exit button and made the OSD messages smaller).

Shouldn't have to do more than Load content > Select file and detect core > "your .cue file here"

Well it didn't go as I planned originally since drag n drop support seems flaky as fuck but here's something anyway

Basically Retroarch with all the needed BIOSes a bunch of cores and modified settings that are slightly better than default (mainly deactivated the instant exit button and made the OSD messages smaller).

Shouldn't have to do more than Load content > Select file and detect core > "your .cue file here"

inb4 doublepost

OP here, got home and tried out GT2 on epsxe and it worked. Cheers anons. Only problem I am having is getting analog sticks to work but sure once I get some sleep I might be able to figure it out

Gotta use the epsxe shortcut to enable analog, I believe it's bound to f5 by default but I could be wrong.

Dear god no. The handling felt like shit. You can't buy high performance brakes for some reason, even though it's in the game's code.

6 improved a lot of stuff, but removed a lot of content at the same time. They cancelled the Vision Gran Turismo series for 6. They simply can't keep their promises anymore.

4 is still the best one in terms of graphics, features, and gameplay.

Everyone here seems to have forgotten that.

GT2 was rushed by Sony and had a very buggy release. The first run copies also had a different intro that was changed in the greatest hits version. The rally physics got fucked up too.

Cheers user. Got that sorted.

Meant to say that 5 is where it went to shit.

I really liked 5 because it had a lot of content and a lot of cars and it felt like a real simulator that you had to build up your profile like in an MMO or something.

6 is just 5 with the bugs fixed and less reliance on online to progress right? If so it's even better.

I think. It removed a lot of stuff though. I think it removed the endurance races and Indianapolis. I know it removed the Top Gear content for sure.

6 added Goodwood festival and the Moon Buggy missions.