Daily reminder that you will never be this bad at video games like the journos

Daily reminder that you will never be this bad at video games like the journos

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/pQOZD
wiki.webmproject.org/ffmpeg/vp9-encoding-guide
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
webmproject.org/docs/encoder-parameters/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I don't know, I could probably bash myself in the head with a hammer a couple dozen times and I'd probably almost achieve the average game journo's competence.

Gamergate aside i am glad that these people have been outed as the jokes they are and that theyve lost all credibility

Even normalfags i know hate them and complained about that they talk about anything but the actual games

Once Hogan gets his money pretty much the whole gawker cancer will be gone and i doubt that they will be able to sustain themselves as a indie magazine

daily reminder that these people got a job they fucking hate and are bad at just to spite you, someone who is an actual fan of things

How long until that? I know they got their appeal rejected recently.

i wish i could get their job, i would work for some tacos.

I wonder if all of these journos could be forced out just by swathes of neckbeards offering to take their jobs and willing to work for peanuts.

I could put everyone out of business by just playing video games.

I would be depressed, but I cant' stop laughing.

I kind of wonder how can you enjoy games while being bad at them, and I don't mean just playing casually, I mean like enjoying getting stuck in an area for the rest of your life and all that.

I love video games, but god do I suck at them. It makes me happy that I still demand video games with real difficulty, and I'm somehow better than people whose entire livelihood is video games.

I like a game that's really fucking hard. Nothing is more satisfying than spending literally hours trying to pass the same section/boss/puzzle and then improving to the point that you finally push through.

But that means you git gud, which goes against what those people think, they say explicitly that you don't need to be good to enjoy them, so again, can someone enjoy being literally bad at vidya? DSP doesn't count.

Good. I don't want them to take games seriously. That's fucking retarded.

The bad gameplaying.
The constant injection of political nonsense.
The constant use of games as a springboard for their own rants.
The constant dick-sucking of any "artistic" game.
The constant ego-inflating of indie devs that shit out things cobbled together from pre-made assets.
The constant hate for people who actually play video games that aren't their artsy fartsy favorites.

These people consider themselves failures and embarrassments among who they consider their true peers which are art gallery critics, movie critics, political columnists, activists, and anybody with any real talent that they can get paid for (musicians, actors, etc).
They found that they could still make a living with all their shitty failure in video games. Now, that does say video games is a pretty fucking bottom of the barrel "art form" but that's because faggots for so long ate this shit up.
And so, as to not continually be embarrassed they have constantly pushed for this idea that games should be taken seriously, that they should be art, just so that they could not get laughed at the next time they go to a party with all their "friends" (they don't really have any).

Of course, being the massive retards they are (after all, they failed everywhere else) they keep trying to get video games made into a passive art form (like movies). So soon they'll fail their way out of this shitty niche too because they don't understand their subject matter and have no idea what they're talking about.

It doesn't make me angry that journos are shit at the media they attempt to critique, I always knew they were bad. But the sheer breath of their incompetence kind of confounds me.

Like how can you spend all of your work time talking about, writing about, recording, and playing videogames, and still not have even a fraction of something resembling skill at even the most basic of gameplay concepts.

First person shooters have been dominating the market. How is the Polygon fag that incompetent at them?

You can argue that it's a genre he's just not all that familiar with, but I suck shit at genres but can still sort of blunder my way through them with something resembling mild competency. I can pick up a fighting game and beat the first couple fights with basic combos, I can survive the first hour or two of civ.

It just baffles the fucking mind, man.

Doomguy and the camera never once moved at the same time. Are we sure the reviewer has two hands?

B R A D I S B A D
R
A
D

I
S

B
A
D

Also was on the game journo secret chat thing so fuck him.

Who the hell is that guy? Just some random youtuber?

When you write in the small quick reply box it looks like you need line breaks in certain parts, then is posted and it turns out every paragraph is a single line.

Pic related, never forget.

That reads so much like a parody that it is glorious that it's real.

This is what is meant by "gamers don't need to be your audeince!".

These people don't want to write about video games or have anything to do with video games. They wish that their lives were interesting enough for people to want to just read their blogs.
They get some small ability to do this through video games.

Which is sad.

Also, just a reminder, anyone who thinks video games are art or should be considered art is an insecure piece of shit who needs his hobby to be validated by strangers.

Nobody likes the middle-skill

I always hate it when people would pretend to be bad for attention.
jesus fucking christ end yourself.

Not even that. I just think it's a work of art because it's a combination of many techniques to make a virtual world or narrative that the player can interact with. And if the world comes out to be very believable then I think it's a work of art. Music, writing, architecture, and many other things come together to make these and each of those can be considered artistic one way or another.

I don't need faggots accepting my hobby. Casuals accepting this media was where its downfall started. However, I still think vidya can be a work of art in its own way. Also I'm not implying art = quality.

A guy was able to play Call of Duty with 1 arm. Someone was even very good at Street Fighter 4 using his chin to play. Or people who play Zelda OoT blind folded or with their feet. These guys can't even play a casual shooter for the masses despite covering the content 24/7.

Well now I wouldn't go that far.
You can certainly make art out of a video game. By that I mean you can use the medium of video games to make an artistic statement.
However, the medium of the video game, that is the GAME part of it, the INTERACTIVE part of it has to be part of that "art".
What so many fail at when they try to claim video games as a whole are art or that a certain video game is art or whatever is they forget that part of the medium. They forget the gameplay aspect of it. There are certain components that are by themselves perhaps works of various art forms but you don't get partial credit when you claim that the components make up a singular art piece and not just a product meant to sell and make money.

Here's the real test, when someone claims games are art, just ask them for a specific example.
If they mention only the music, the visuals, the story…then they're talking out of their ass. The game isn't art. The gameplay has to be part of the experience and if they never mention it, it was never a work of art in a video game.

This is also why you are seeing games constantly being dumbed down, and straight up movie games, and basically a feeling like the GAMEPLAY in a game is being just tacked on as an after-thought so they can call it a game.
Because what they want to do is make movies.
A whole gaggle of failed writers and designers and "directors" who all wish they were in hollywood. They can't get there, but the bar on gaming is set so low they can maybe shit something out and get SOME recognition.

Some guys at giant bomb.

Visuals do play quite a big role in the gameplay, though. Imagine dmc 3 with awful animations. While gameplay is what makes the game art, there has to be somthing there to make the gameplay flow. Would the little details in mgs 2 make the game more 'art' than with just the base gameplay alone? There are too many questions and variables when discussing what makes a game art, so i think the question should just be avoided and the topic discarded.

I think the problem isn't calling video games art, the problem is "art" as a concept has been put up on a pedestal by idiots who don't actually know anything about art.

These people couldn't explain how architecture is art, or how photography is art, or why any famous painter is good at painting. All they have is uninformed, uneducated, "subjective" opinions about nothing.

Thats true, but i was talking in a more hypothetical situation where art faggots dont exist. And there is also the more subtle arts, like fighting, music, dance, wood carving, metal working, etc. Atleast wood working is safe.

THIS

People don't take gaming seriously because it's only a game

well actually MGS2 is an example of a game I would hold up as art considering my criteria. But funny enough, it is an artistic statement being made that could only exist because of the game, that isn't art, that came before it (MGS1).

Examples of some others would be Dark Souls 1 (although seems rather unintentional) and Takeshi's Challenge.

All i'm asking is for that interactive thing that makes a video game a video game to be taken into consideration.
All too often people want to talk about the components of a video game as the art and not give a single consideration into the gameplay itself. I think that's cheating.
Like calling a single static image animation.

This is probably the biggest problem, yes.
Which feeds into the root of the problem of this thread. Idiots wanting to have games considered "art" so they can be taken seriously by other idiots who put art as some high grand pedestal. Really only other artists I would have to say.
Every "artist" i've ever known or met have been really insufferable people.

I don't think you can call fighting an "art form" and as for the others, (possibly excluding dance) there can be things done just for pure profit with no artistic input/effort at all and there are some that actually have a clear artistic thought put towards them.

I've come to distrust people who use the word "art."

A real artist doesn't need to call themselves an "artist." They just need to do their thing, and other people will recognize them and their work as art.

A person who parades themselves around as an "artist" is obviously just a poser seeking validation instead of creation.

Just because it's created for profit doesn't necessarily mean it ceases to be art. Creation is creation regardless of the reasons behind it.

I think that's pretty much it for me, I call art anything that makes me go "well I'm impressed that another human managed to make that", be it a chair, a vidya, a movie, anything really, I think that art is when skill goes beyond mere usability.

Was I supposed to be taking them seriously this whole time, guys? I fucked up.

It's like they don't even fucking speak English.

well said. most artists i met that weren't a complete waste of oxygen tended to see themselves as craftsmen or artisans

I play better drunk and on a graphic tablet than they do on a regular controller. I'm not even kidding, I could play a deathmatch in those very circumstances and I'm 95% confident I'll whoop their asses.

Honestly they should have been ruined by now. I bet they get outside funding besides ad revenue.

why is getting good bad?
it's not saying you're shit and always will be shit.
It's saying: you have the capacity to be sick as fuck, train.

I consider myself casual (mainly because i fucking suck at shooters and platformers), i even had to grind till lvl 40 in DS to make it enjoyable experience without dying every corner yet this shit i cant see no sense in it.

I can understand if the game mechanics are fucking shit only here to make you get mad like in most platformers or such but just crying because you cant lower the difficulty, use cheats, grind… gee i dunno check guides to find out how to actually play while having reflexes of a 80y old grandma?

Remindner that the whole state of games and games journalism, from feminist inclusion to talks of easier games and the state of the cinematic game, is all because of the desire to use games for education. They have to "clean up" gaming and its image. They have to make it more equal to the genders, to make them easier so you can enjoy the story. To make it so the social engineering is more widespread and effective.

The brain is more active while playing a game than reading a book, listening to a teacher, watching a documentary. Of course video games are a target for the Common Core crowd. But the stink of violence, of psychopaths and sexism, of dudebros and outcasts lingers heavily over the medium, making the out of touch congress members shy away from it.

Correction. No one here I hope ever wanted validation by random fucktards. We just wanted them to stop bitching and trying to censor shit all the damn time.

Well they've been trying to rewrite the definition of words whenever it suited them

Soon.

You can be bad at games and still enjoy them because even if you get stuck it's still possible to have fun trying to beat it.

That feeling you get when you struggle with a tough level or boss and then finally pull through and beat them? You still get that when you are bad at games, it's just that you get it on much easier encounters. I'm playing through Bloodborne and struggling with the Orphan right now but i'm still enjoying it even as I get frustrated and I know it's going to feel great when I get past it. Especially since i'll get to use tentacles as weapons afterward

Pretty much.

Your only chance for 'success' at middle skill is to either be a grill or have the right 'type' of friends to make you the 'straight man' to their jokes. Either way, a person would be their 'title' rather than themselves.

some people will never be sick as fuck, no matter how much they train. it's like telling a legless cripple he can be an Olympic gold medalist if he trains hard enough; it's just not gonna happen.

in gymnastics, not fucking wheelchair racing or some shit

Breaking

Up

Each

Sentence

In

A

Separate

Line

Does

Not

Imply

Someone

Uses

Leddit

You

Fucking

Nigger

Orphan of Kos was the boss I struggled most with or perhaps Logarius (and that was only because I was way too underleveled to fight him). I never got annoyed though. Mechanically, the fight is so crisp and fair that you can't get mad at the game, only yourself.

Yeah I heard him described as both the hardest boss and the fairest boss. From what i've seen so far I agree, I got pretty frustrated against Ludwig who has been the hardest boss for me so far but I find it hard to get too annoyed at the Orphan because all his attacks are dodgeable and telegraphed. Marie and Gehrman have been my favourite fights so far but the Orphan is up there with them.

My point was that someone could be struggling with a much easier boss like the three stooges or somehow the one reborn and yet still be having as much fun with their struggle to get better as I am with harder bosses. I know I struggled to get used to Bloodborne and despite going through a lot of the bosses pretty easily I also struggled on some easier ones like pls no bully Vicar Amelia.

It very strongly suggests you are dealing with a redditor :DDDD

That pistol design is pure shit. Looks like a chromed toy, or something from Halo.

Sure lad.

for the silly art arguments

games are generally made by more than one person and company

the enjoyment of "art" if generated by the person themselves. Most people don't give a shit and won't have the same experience/things fly straight over their head

If the first thing out of their mouth isn't Tetris, then their opinion can immediately be dismissed.

I remember there being a story of a blind guy who managed to learn to play street fighter at a fairly competent level by substituting hearing and memory.
If these faggots can't even rise beyond the level of a blind man, why the fuck are they allowed to call themselves "game journalists?"

Breaking up individual thoughts into the start of new sentences/paragraphs is common writing structure you absolute fucktard

But games will never be taken seriously if we censor anything political activists dislike. Don't you want games to be taken seriously, you shitlord?

yes, in fucking leddit, you faggot.

It's the double spacing that does it.
It's inefficient, and it doesn't actually help anybody understand it.
If it's not different enough to warrant an entirely new paragraph, just use single spacing you double-spaced nigger. you can use this post as a reference for when double-spacing is good

Gameplay is only part of the whole experience.
It's the largest part by a country mile, as well as the one around which every other part must fit, but it's still only a part.

He also passively aggressively jabs based Dan Rychert– the guy the goons got all in their fee fees about, because he was hired not a pansexual genderqueer fairykin– any fucking chance he gets. He's a dick.

I get the vibe he resents Dan for actually going out and living a real fucking life, and not being a miserable shut-in DOTA addict like he is. Just listen to the podcast when Dan tells one of his epic stories, watch how surly Brad gets.

Oh shit, I fugged up my sarcastic comment. Oh well.
>if don't censor games

When I try to think of a game that could be considered art, the best I can come up with is Papers Please.

you know, you'd have to actually browse reddit enough to be able to distinguish their writing patterns and be able to get triggered when you're reminded of it in other people's posts

I don't like single spacing, it's hard on the eyes. It's not clear at a glance where line breaks occur and makes the lines too close together.

Damn i'm not even gonna say git gud but damn niggers not even trying to aim

Also does anyone have the video where Sessler pretty much shat out a dictionary to do his Last of US review?

Holy SHIT

Daily reminder these people don't actually play or enjoy vidja. They're infiltrators sent in to remake vidja into sjw propaganda the same way they did TV. Hence why they're so shit at it.

All this nonsense started when vidja started outgrossing movies. No sense putting all your lefty bullcrap in tv and films when all your eyes are on Cawadooty. The reason they've failed at every turn is because of the relatively high barrier to entry of vidja. Both creating and playing them requires actual technical know how that your average goon– who's skated by on nepotism and/or mummy and daddy's money their whole life– quintessentially lacks.

Wow

I'm shit at gaming. Sure better than a non-gamer but not close to most gamers, however you can get lucky sometimes and be better but technically, i'm shit at games.

Still enjoy them though and i don't see the hate for git gud, if the game demands you to get better at said game, you have to if you want to beat it. That goes with everything in life.

Are these the same people that complained about tests in school was too hard?

Try posting some rage comics, see how keen on the past we can be.

being an oldfag doesn't mean you can't be cancer

I almost always write like that and have not been called once, but you know when someone is mad they have to pick onto anything

the weird thing about this song is it was made by a friend of Anita and not meant to poke fun at McIntosh but at the people using the "fullmcintosh" joke instead

I still couldn't decide if it's ironic or not. Thanks for clarifying user.

Yes, but now imagine playing a game that's incredibly easy and just being plain incompetent at it, never improving.
It must feel like being a music critic for a genre of music you absolutely detest.

Leftists are shit at memes. They always backfire.

Fuck it sounds like Yoko was about to sing Circle of Life.

to be fair he's on a controller

Why do I see this everytime someone posts that WEBM or the one from polygon? Yes, controllers suck for FPS but doom is a consolized piece of shit made with a controller in mind.

To be fair, you're fucking retarded.

Standard form writing/essay writing is shit you learn in grade 3 you fucking retard

Yeah, you can aim with a fucking controller though.
I fucked up my wrist in an accident years ago, so I usually play with a controller because the pain isn't so terrible when I play for a long period of time. I've finished a fuckton of FPS games on the hardest difficulty using a controller, including nudoom. Usually drunk as fuck, too. Controllers aren't as good as keyboard/mouse, but they aren't THAT fucking bad.
That dude has clearly never played an FPS before, or he's so awful he should consider sticking to watching movies or gassing himself.

I recall people write five sentences to make a paragragh, not one or two and call it a day.

Ok

What part of new thought/poise are you not understanding when a new paragraph is required?

Were you dropped on your head as a child son?

Or perhaps your mom stayed around too many high power lines she was pregnant

Oh hey look, separate lines of poise required different paragraphs. Fancy that

Fuck off back to Polygon.

Everything you wrote was on the exact same thing. They weren't individual thoughts, it all added up to the same opinion. That's leddit style writing.

Every single sentence is double-spaced to make these braind dead morons think you have something important to say when you're not saying a fucking thing at all.

I don't actually give a shit how you type and it's pretty fucking retarded that of all things for these autistic spergs to act out over, it's how you space your fucking thoughts. You're still the bigger dumbass for actually arguing with them instead of just ignoring the faggots.

Every single fucking video of Quake 3 being played with a controller fucking sucks cock.

Even the ones with "Elite" and "Steam" controllers are abysmal-tier compared to an average Quake match on PC.

Well think about it this way, Holla Forums tears itself apart with false conceptions, inconsequential agendas and stupid arguments about what gameplay is all about too. Sure we actually like what we're talking about but the environment can be toxic. I don't find it unbelievable that one 's mind outright rots with a job like that where you're forced to humor nonsense trends and aren't allowed to play a game all the way through before you bullshit it a 9/10. I'm not saying I excuse anyone or that people in genetal aren't amazingly stupid these days but when you hear the stupidest shit it might not be purely the writer's fault (though it totally could be).

Its almost like quake is a pc game made with mouse and keyboards in mind, your vid also doesnt add anything to the discussion. We all know controllers are shit compared to mouse and keyboard

That's not even a customization option, you just grab the corner of the quick reply box and drag it

B-b-but you costumize your reply window

The kind of thing in this particular example is common to people who talk like complete dickholes if you want to compare it to spoken language. I mean I'm not saying anying for Reddit either but trying to say it's a legitimate way to get your idea across more efficiently is retarded.

The wayyyyy

I am postiiiiing

Is re-tard-ed

Dooo youuu seeee, señooooor…?

Well now that we're talking about art and in what video games can be called an art form I think it should be made clear that the only way video games can be in its own art form is that it's an art form in its own right. Very few people understand what that means for video games.

The reason why these faggot hipsters and postmodernist faggots will never be able to grasp video games is not just because they're unlearned pseudo-intellectuals and complete morons, but because they refuse to acknowledge much less learn what makes video games great. For video games to be an art form there needs to be video games that exemplify everything or as close to everything that video games stand for. That means all the things they don't like about video games, i.e. gameplay and features that revolve around it. Like how any worthwhile artist wouldn't show a canvas with all black on it or someone wouldn't show a video of a candle melting and want that to be called art, a video game that exemplifies its artistic medium would not be lacking in features and events that showcase what the medium is capable of - in fact it would embody all the things these faggots call "gamey." Let me tell you something you already know; whenever these faggots use the word gamey as a negative, they're reminding you that once again they do not understand what makes video games great. Another thing you already know; they want video games to be as close to movies as possible so that they can further define how much they prefer video over game.

This doesn't mean that the most artistic of video games cannot have an element of a movie in them like a cutscene, but video games are so versatile that they can incorporate cutscenes seamlessly and go right back to the action. That versatility and independence from the structural hallmarks of cinema still baffles outsiders to this day. This is the same reason why movie people and frauds alike keep chiming in on how they determine when video games will be seen as art; Lucas, Spielberg, Ebert - they all said roughly the same thing and when you break down what they said, they wanted video games to be more like movies because in their logic movies are already an art form therefore for video games to be an art form - because it wasn't one to them - it needed to be like movies.

You know what video games have that movies don't have? Gameplay. You know what movies have that video games don't have? Nothing. Video games are the most complex art form in existence but it's constantly bogged down by outsiders who want to stifle and constrict its creative potential. You play a video game and you're right in the action, the best designed games give you the most control over the action and test your ability to command the power given to you. You play a movie and you're right in the action, if you're even paying attention to it and not because you needed background noise. By design a video game requires more senses and more control in order to participate and be entertained. Movies only require that you can pay attention (or not) and see visuals and audio. Therefore the most video game of video games demands more of your senses and control in order to participate and be entertained - unlike movies. For video games to be seen as an art form, you have to kick out the morons who refuse to acknowledge that it already is one.

Games are art simply because they're creative endeavors put into a form to be enjoyed through presentation. Tons of things can be defined as an art but if you went to an art show what you would see would be limited to basic motionless visual things objects. It's no secret that art through history has always been judged in the most shit of ways too so I don't know why you're going of on a tangent to validate your opinion that games are not art.

I really wish I still believed things like this.

I'd have to see the whole article to judge but the guy might have just been making a point of being honest about his position when covering an event. Sure he was basically saying he was unwilling to do his job if his was the only point of view in the article but if he was supposed to talk about the new game itself then let's be real, what does most anyone on this board have to say (that could be used in what's supposed to be a professional article I mean) about a new Rock Band or Guitar Hero or whatever?

Did you just make two screenshots to have the first shown in your screenshot as an attachment while you uploaded the second screenshot?

How about he does his job?

there are some games im pretty bad at dude. also i find that i have more fun with games that i can get in to but dont master.
failing can be fun, and im not just dorf meming. its fun to try new things without knowing whats necessarily going to be effective and actually being challenged by the shitty ai

I touched on that, dude wasn't doing his job, but when the guy gets away with it he pretty much is with the bar his bosses set for quality.

I have no clever shitposts to respond to this.
I hope the fire comes soon.

Relevant

IIRC this shit is from Cracked

I've got arthritis in my hands and I can use a controller better than this chump

I don't understand the second picture. The music snob basically tells the girl to fuck off because she has shit taste. It's a small music shop and he's obviously a dedicated fan. The gamestop picture features a teenager working minimum wage who's required to try to sell a soulless product, but he's very welcoming. In fact, you could say his overly welcoming speech is thanks to the push for diversity and "inclusion" that feminists and SJWs pushed for. So doesn't that make the author a hypocrite if he'd rather video game players were always snobby, like the very nerds he complains about?

Why the fuck do normalfags always ruin everything? Dark souls 3 is way fucking easier than 1 or 2 and they are still asking for an easy mode.

Is it true that the review copies of DaS3 were even easier and they patched it out with the day1 patch when the game came out?

Maybe its becuase im not from America but I've never had an employee of a games store come up to me when ive walked into one or even try to sell me something extra. They all look to hate being in there as much as me

Guy has been making some pretty good tweets lately

I know you're joking but I never got the line of thought from people who constantly see games as art and therefore need to "grow up" to be "taken seriously" then turn around and make excuses for censorship and what passes off as localization. It's not like anyone has the competence or willingness to push any boundaries anyway.

pic related

Sounds like Cracked alright

You're bombarded with cutscenes and stupid tutorial shit that halt the game in the very beginning of the game

That shitty knockoff of Halo's Forge?

Haven't they stopped being relevant after all that SJW shit they do?

Notch's shitlording has been amazing to watch

the guy stole a game concept, made billions, then bitched about how lonely it was to be filthy rich. anyone who knew anything about him as a person couldn't stand the faggot.

has anything changed? why doesn't he drink the kool-aid? didn't he used to? doesn't he live in a super progressive country, or used to?

so he shit posts to cope with whatevers been bumming him out. inevitable conclusion i guess

I don't get it, the guy makes a few puns on twitter and we have all these anons just cheering him on like he is some sort of """"""""BASED"""""""" individual, when not too long ago, we all shat on his fat hairy chest.

That sounds great, where do I fly to?

goddamn those first two piss me right off

holy shit what a mindblowing concept

IIRC, It comes down to large commercial brick-and-mortar game stores both paying their workers by commision, and for paycheck bonuses if cashiers and other workers are constantly peddling useless subscriptions to anybody that walks into a GameStop.

Yea, he had a breakdown but breakdown is over and now he's a new man.

Videogames are art.
Anyone who disagrees thinks something being art instantly means it's deep and good and you are probably insecure.

The problem, I think, is that very few, if anyone at all, really understand how to use the medium effectively, in part due to the relative lack of restrictions. It's kind of comparable to really ancient literature or early cinema, really. I hope that unlike the former, vidya isn't just going to be reduced to a basic formula for success, but unfortunately that seems to be the way things are moving considering production costs and the importance of turning a profit.

What do you mean, art like the musical vibrations are a pure essence :^)

god, anco really did jump off a cliff in quality

I really liked Painting With. Spilling Guts is one of my favorite songs on the album

Was this supposed to make me feel good?

this meme needs to die

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Did I blink and miss it?

It's nice to see I was right about that "zombie" girl show.

Their problem is the same problem every other faggot trying to force their opinion on other people has:
Art that does not allow for consumer interpretation is invariably shit
Whether it's trying to discern the meaning of it all, or just figuring out how to survive long enough to shoot the cyberdemon until it dies, if you don't truly let your audience interact with your work, you're not a fucking artist, you're a preacher and a shitty one at that.

Indeed it does, it's an obnoxious misinterpretation of what people are actually saying, and is typically spread by people who don't understand the meaning of what's being said as well (and who generally should get out of my hobby)

Despite getting critical acclaim at least this piece of shit was forgotten.

I just needed some money to buy supplies

Pics related, right? If it's not ambiguous, it's not art, after all.

One of these things is not like the other.

Come on user.

Welcome to Holla Forums

The themes of the three works I posted are pretty ham-fisted, user. It's more a matter of relative effort and skill than subtlety that's the primary issue with modern and postmodern art.

THIS

(((They))) want to cuck video games and turn it into an effective platform for propaganda.

There's also the fact that the creators are actually dead, and they don't outright tell you what you're supposed to make of it within the piece itself.

The only way that argument holds water is if you take the pieces out of the general context of western culture. If that's the case, I suppose Depression Quest would be good art if it was written in Linear A.

Yeah, number 1.
That's terror.

That's implication, which is distinct from explicitly telling people what to get out of the thing.
It's the difference between Brave New World and Aesop's Fables.

THIS JUST IN: JIM'S A FAGGOT
archive.is/pQOZD

Drastic is a fucking great emulator for the DS.

Lying sack of shit. I'd tell Judas Sterling to hang himself, but he'd need a big ass industrial steel cable.

No, it's really not. Oath of the Horatii and the Milano Duomo both have fairly explicit themes based upon the actual subject and composition of the pieces. This is comparable to reading a sentence and understanding its meaning because you know the words and the grammar of the language it's written in. If you really want to get picky, I suppose you could interpret Donatello's Magdalene Penitent in a couple ways, but its ability to be interpreted is still very limited.

John Walker is cancer incarnate. the kind of fucked up personality it takes to build a cult of yes man morons around to justify himself.

also every game should have a "reviewer trap," like in the fith image, that only shows up when you babby mode throguh it.

How dare you talk that way about my buttbuddy
Sterling is a saint, Sterling dindu nuffin.

yeah and every redditor breathes air
why not stop breathing?

Maybe get the Cable from the Golden Gate Bridge

You can appreciate a good shit posting tweet and still hate the fat bastard. I mean, you can't deny those were goods, I also enjoy the Sonic tweeter shitposter and I'm not buying a fucking sonic game ever again.

Just like how he said "They aren't coming for your games" and still stands by that statement.

I sometimes wonder whether I was retarded or they were significantly better back then. I think it's probably both.

He could afford one with that $10,000 a month he makes for doing fuck all.

Saved

First one is obviously someone who has chosen to ignore the existence of shitty movies, music, and literature. Third one is clearly someone who has no grasp on the concept of nuances that make things different from each other and should return to grade school. The second one confuses me though. What is he trying to imply? The point has clearly sailed right over my head because it makes no fucking sense.

Is he trying to say that there's no music stores that are similar to the GameShop on the right? That's clearly not true because there's an FYE down the way that's basically the music/movie equivalent of GameStop, down to the annoying-ass cashiers who bug you to sign up for their shit. Or is he saying that record stores are generally much more elitist than game stores? Because that's also not true, the guy who runs my local record store is chill as fuck and has recommended me some absolutely amazing "elitist" obscure albums. We shoot the shit about music all the time, and he's not about to shit on a customer who's writing his paycheck. What's the fucking point? What are your trying to say with your worthless drivel, you fucking mong?

I'd say bonus points for the Sleaford Mods album in the background, but I'll bet he's too dumb to realize that they're lambasting limp-wristed hipster faggots like him with much of their music

There was an MLG Rainbow Six Vegas player called Nomad, who played using nothing but his face. Infinity Ward actually added a control scheme to Call of Duty 4 purely to accommodate him.

A person played video games COMPETITIVELY using only their face, and there faggots can barely do it with two fully functioning hands.

That guy looks way too young to talk like that.

As a German native speaker, this physically hurts.

He wasn't saying controllers are good. He's just saying they're not so bad to justify dying in the first 10 seconds in a game designed for a controller.

And I'm certain there are features that "help" our controller using friends

If it was just the journos and not the overall gaming community that was rotten to the core I would be fine with it.

Happens all the time.
I think I'm too old for this, time to find a new hobby.

And people don't take you seriously because you're a fucking faggot

I have one arm and use a controller and I'm a million times better than this, get real.

I'm not going to lie but even in these made for console games i cant use a controller for shit. im better at dorksouls with mouse and keyboard than with a controller. this is probably a case of this guy being garbage tho but im willing to entertain the possibility he's like me and cant handle controllers.

this cant be real, what the fuck is this? why?

Being rich changed him. Despite what the dumbass progressive commies think, being rich and being relatively smart don't go well together. I think he realized that he has enough money that he can say whatever he wants. Perhaps he expected something better when he stopped working on minecraft and instead he got shat on by everyone. So now the guy doesn't care anymore. He's slowly turning into the average Holla Forums user except he's filthy rich.

kotaku got bought by ign parent company

Sadly that would never happen because we would be unwilling to push the bosses agenda and would call shit games shit even if the publisher was our primary advertiser.

Nailed it, people like to act like art needs to fit a criteria they can't define to be art. They are unwilling to accept that anything creative is art and most art is shit.

I don't see why people don't understand why a game DESIGNED around being hard shouldn't have an easy mode. They bitch about how homogenized the industry is and how everything is all mass appeal and nothing is niche, but then bitch about how something niche doesn't have mass appeal.

i hope things get better but i doubt it.

What

Don't defend this shit.

While pointing out flaws in games is fine, telling the developers to simply make the game easier rather than fixing the problem while still keeping the game hard is just plain moronic. Isn't that the reason why Fallout 3 is such a sack of shit? Because the game is piss easy so the flaws don't stand out as much?

And I notice that he ignores the one thing central to gaming: the fucking gameplay

That WebM quality is horrible, let me fix that for you.

Not everyone hated him. I have never had a problem with the guy and my only complaint is that he is just shitposting when I would start a kickass game studio with some of that $1b.

I think he took my advice and got some hookers and blow, so now he's not so mopey and depressed anymore.

I'm hoping he buys out Gawker just so he can fire fucking everyone for shits and giggles.

I thought it was 3 billion?

How do you get such quality?
Is the webm plugin for premiere just shit?

Tablets are better than controllers user.

I mainly use ffmpeg with Avanti-GUI, but I also use the Premiere Pro plugin once in a while (you should check if yours needs updating, mine did recently).

You can get better results from the plugin if you know the right custom commands and how to use them properly.

Also, in general, more bitrate = better results. The WebM in the OP is a significantly lower bitrate and is a higher resolution, which causes some problems.

1.13 mb vs 7.73 mb

i prefer the small one already, don't need big files and quality just to show something that is not meant to be admired for it's beauty

Even if I was using a low bitrate to match that file size, I should NOT be encoding at 1080p like OP did because that makes it look like fucking garbage.

Low bitrates at low resolutions are just fine.

My mistake, it was $2.5b.
With that kind of money I would open a gaymen media outlet that answers to none but the readers and a separate studio. I would be fine with the site giving the studios games a bad review if they could argue why it's bad.
I could be an "ideas guy" and actually have shit made

Know any sources to teach me about commands?

There is a lot of documentation out there on Google that you can easily find, but it's a mixture of out of date information and some misunderstanding of what certain commands do.

I need to finish writing my WebM guide soon. Keep an eye on the WebM threads, eventually I'll be posting it in there.

Here's where I spent a lot of time putting together pieces of the puzzle:

wiki.webmproject.org/ffmpeg/vp9-encoding-guide
ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg.html
webmproject.org/docs/encoder-parameters/

Alright. Will do user.
Will it be a webm or a PDF?

Nice. Thanks.

I wasn't planning either format, but now that you mention it I might make a PDF version just to have that option available to people. Definitely not a WebM though, I hate video tutorials.

Good riddance.
Video tutorials tend to not be very handy.

Holla Forums is a hive mind may may XD

You don't have to be good to enjoy games, but it helps. You get good at games with time, if you're a filthy casual and play half an hour of games a day and then can't beat new "hard" tittle… well, what can I say ? Git gud or go back to angry birds. We don't have to change everything so you're happy, you barely play games and that's the fucking reason you suck to begin with.

Give me hard games or give me death.

Does anyone have a wemb of a journo playing Doom 4

IGN also also bought off Gametrailers
Rip everything about this industry
But it's a good thing that game journo with the exception of TB have been called out on this shit
Hell even Jim Sterling's name is being runned through the mud

To this day I'm still pissed about the God Hand review
But that should of been out first sign

His post implies it's a thing that's common here. Doesn't mean it's everyone or all the time or even the general consensus, Autismo.

Also, he didn't specifically say Holla Forums.

Nobody posted this for some reason. Time to fix that.

the normalfags of realityspace''ll think you're good either way

That guy is right, pretty good

Are you this desperate to feel better than someone?

Who's he?

Is this a new epic meme?

But I am bad at video games. Almost as bad as these people. I mean, I can at least mostly aim with a controller, but I'm shit at video games 90% of the time.

I just don't think that all video games should cater to me being a scrub.

While his point is correct, isn't his example wrong?
I mean, nobody actually took the paint away from Picasso, but didn't people at the time constantly criticize him and his work because it wasn't what they perceived as art? Because it was much more abstract and not just a regular-ass painting of a face?

What the fuck is that? and still using the "can I touch your hair?" shit?

No, I don't want to touch your dirty head pubes, you filthy monkey, so go and take a shower.

In his defense, I can't aim well on a controller either, it's the very beginning, he picked ultraviolence difficulty, so I can understand getting caught off guard like that. I might die in his situation too, not expecting to be thrown into actual action at the beginning of a modern fps, usually the intro of a modern fps you can't die and you aren't really doing things, might catch you off guard.

That's a boolean variable. It's either 0 or 1 you fuckwit.
God, that was cringe.

We get it. You know words. Now fuck off back to serving fries. Damned non-science graduates.

Maybe that's a sign that it's time for you to find a new hobby.

But seriously, just get an easy medium hard insane mode in every game and everybody is happy. End of discussion.

Although admittedly it is extremely embarrassing that the people who literally play and report on games for a living are terrible at it. Honestly, these cretins are neither journalists nor gamers, what on earth are they?

Some games work better with just a single difficulty, though. Stuff like Dark Souls, where the difficulty is based on trial and error and learning things more than anything. You can't have a game like that with an easy mode, because the learning just doesn't happen. But for most games, yes, have an easy/normal/hard/harder
I still have fun, though. Regardless of the fact that I'm mid-tier on my best days, I still enjoy myself pretty often and I'm fine with that. I'm just not gonna ask that fighting games put in a scrub mode for me so that I can feel like I'm able to hold it with people who put in the time and effort to learn the genre.

Is that the doll fucker on the right?

My negro, Painting With is pretty good but not as good as their other albums.

sage for off topic