What vidya games are are you playing, Holla Forums?

What vidya games are are you playing, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

epforums.org/showthread.php?103766-Nintendo-SNES-Mod-Yoshi-s-Highland-NTSC-U
youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I hate how you can't talk about that show without people bringing up that bitch.
Robots are better than old sluts.

You created the thread at the right time, the catalog was boring as fuck today.

Currently playing some arena shooters, i'm impressed on how CTF plays much better on openarena and xonotic than TF2.

I'm currently working on editing sex mods in Oblivion so I can fap. I just finished doing some dds editing in Gimp to add tribal tattoos to my Ork characters.

Otherwise I'm playing STALKER with AMK. Also preparing to play CoP eventually.

Fug that's hot.

Final Fantasy Explorers (though it's sort of boring me right now). Getting ready for MHX to get to the states.

Might and Magic 8

Right from the start it left kind of a bad taste in my mouth, with being able to only create 1 character instead of a full party. Didn't really get much better from there. Doesn't feel like as big of an upgrade as 6 -> 7 was.

says you

Overwatch, because I've lost control of my life

Bayonetta 2: It took me a while to begin to appreciate the gameplay, but I came around after a few hours. But dear God, the storyline is atrocious. Like, I can't remember the last time I played a game with this bad of a story. It's so campy and lame I was considering stopping.

I'm kind of pissed I bought the standalone release for the second one, when there was a copy for both for just another $10. I didn't realize there was a difference.

Even Japan thinks it's garbage, you better not have bought it.

Been playing Plague of Shadows again, this time with an actual NES controller. Shit's great.

Also finally got around to playing Half Life 2 - it's pretty decent considering the time period it launched in, but I'm not that impressed.

VTMB. It's pretty neat. Combat seems a bit weird though. I had to cheese my way through early fights, but then I got the fire axe which molests fucking everything. Meanwhile, guns are basically worthless. The only enemies I can't kill according to formula are innocent humans. Putting guards in front of computer consoles when there are no non-lethal options is a dick move.

Not a lot really, been going through some heavy personal stuff so I mostly just wait for my friends to send me invites to normalfag multiplayer games, mostly Payday and Black Ops 3.

I was playing Dead Island a few days ago

Nothing. Waiting on my DS flashcard to get here tomorrow

Yoshi's Highland, a Yoshi's Island romhack where random objects randomly appear and everything has random velocity.
epforums.org/showthread.php?103766-Nintendo-SNES-Mod-Yoshi-s-Highland-NTSC-U

Exactly why I made it.

What kind?

Started Bravely Default, God knows why I'm doing this to myself, I loath JRPGs, and I loath this one to, the early game drags always turn me off to these types of games, and wouldn't you know it there's 10 minutes of cutscenes before you even start the prologue

likely not gunna continue with that

Really liking Azure Striker Gunvolt, Translation is retarded but the gameplay is solid, not much more to say than that

Shinovi Versus can't decide if it's ez casual musou or hardcore uber challenging beat'em'up the TnA is nice I guess

Want to start playing STALKER but I have no time for it.

I've been replaying X-COM lately and god damn it's fucking amazing
>tfw no real successor that actually adds to the game's concepts rather than being a reskinned clone (without any features missing if you're lucky), a blatant console cashgrab or desperate-publisher-shovelware

I know that feel user, there's very few TRPGs that really measure up to half of how great OG-X-Com is

i played it before on initial release, replaying it for fun. when you still remember most of the tricks you breeze through
>overwatch
its dumb and fun, i play it with my other stupid friends and i can be a ninja that looks like an xbox. it needs more fucking content though

odins sphere remaster just came in the mail, i haven't played that before but i'm gonna save that for the weekend i think

i'm also -considering- getting the new guilty gear, i like the series in general but if the netcode isn't hot i'm not bothering because i barely get to play locally anymore

Replaying Demon's Souls as a faith build. Halberd is fucking amazing.

why not the PC version user?

A friend told me this was pretty good.

it's pretty good.

i wanted the nifty steel case because i can be a slight collectorag sometimes

Still pretty fun to play to this day, especially with its space battles. Its just a shame that there's nothing like it these years.

Love it on Vita, Sweet Soul Brother is the catchiest track. Annoyed that L is both camera reset and spraying.

Not the greatest 3D Beat em Up and it's a bit too easy, but I'm having fun with it and I don't regret my purchase.

Heart of Iron 4 Its good, I gave them my money and I'm happy i did, no one on here can convince me otherwise.

that's pretty good

I'm playing Arx Fatalis. The magic system is interesting, but magic is kind of a pain to use in fights if you run out of stored spells you have to either try casting them quickly which doesn't usually work for complex things or run away from your attacker & store some more spells in a place where you can take your time casting them. Inventory is a little odd too. Like I have to hit the use key to use the shovel which strikes the ground at my feet, but the pick axe has to be double-clicked then applied to a breakable wall. I love the non-combat spells like the levitation spell that hovers you across chasms or the telekinesis spell that let's you grab items from afar. I've already unlocked every portal & appear to be close to the end of the game. I've seen a talking dragon, humans, trolls, goblins & naga women. In the lower level where the dwarves are supposed to be I didn't go all the way into the place since there's a fucking hell hound in there that one-hit killed me. I'll have to go back in there later. Some of the puzzles are really obtuse; like one time I had to put my blood in a bowl with a sacrificial knife, but the writing in front of the bowl didn't really tell me that nor was the knife in that room. Lichs are a pain to kill & their spells paralyze me even if I use that magic shield spell that's supposed to negate all that. That secret HARM spell wrecks their shit though if you stack it.

Overall, the game is slow paced & really damned comfy.

PvE is shit, they really ruined it this time, but PvP is fun.
I used CE to give myself all the armors and weapons so I just play fashion souls and play around with boss weapons and shit, kinda fun.
Before anyone calls me a casual, I already beat the game, I'm doing this for PvP only.

ODIN SPHERE LEIFHTRANSIR TORRENT FOR THE PS3 WHEN

Bought my little sister Borderlands 1, playing through with her till Crawmerax, then I'll buy her BL2 and play that with her to lvl 72 and farm ladyfist's till I kill myself.

Valkyrie Profile

I haven't played very long, but it seems interesting. I'm playing on hard, but spamming attacks thoughtlessly has done me well. I hope that stops soon. I like the old-school secrets.

I'm in the process of trying a bunch of oldschool FPSes because I'm unfamiliar with the genre in general. Just beat Half Life. I was pretty disinterested until about the half way point. I feel like the game was kinda bland until it started introducing some more interesting weapons and enemies. It started having more fun with its level design around that point too.
I get that it's played up as some kind of narrative experience, which didn't work for me at all. I admit it was neat to get bits of world building from overhearing conversations and stuff and I very much appreciated that it never interrupted gameplay with cutscenes, but the story was really basic and there wasn't much to get invested in. Didn't give me much reason to care about anything other than shooting things.
It was okay. Not one of the best things I've played. Had more fun with Doom, Duke 3D, and especially Deus Ex. Not sure why it's regarded so highly.

Playing PSO2 lately. Episode 4 is some fucking insane stupid fun shit.

Episodes 1-3 were kinda serious, you would go around destroying badass beasts that corrupt planets and shit.

Episode 4 has you fighting Train Gidorah, a three headed dragon made of bullet trains. His mook enemies include Road Rollers, T-Rexes, and hedgehogs of unusual speed.

I love it.

partly because the tech in half life 1 and 2 were impressive at the time, but mostly just because people keep repeating how its such a classic

half life 2 is watery fucking garbage and people eat that game up

Half Life 1 at least spawned cool mods from it. Half Life 2 on the other hand is boring to play now.

Maybe i should play actual gamemodes

Oh, and flashbangs.

What is wrong with you?

Yeh, Gunvolt is a fun game. No idea what they're going to do with a sequel, they sort of exhausted their ideas with the first game, in my opinion.

In Gunvolt's case more of the same would be fine by me, after MN9 I thought there was no hope for a good MMX spiritual successor, but this seems to fit that niche quite nicely

smt 4

been casually making my way through condemned: criminal orgins, and i played some binding of isaac and devil daggers last night
also overwatch

Nothing right now since most of my stuff's all boxed up. Would have wanted to start Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, but I'm going to have to wait until Saturday at the earliest to get unpacked.

Already got a bunch of games to put on it?

Stellaris is incredibly boring after playing once. There's so little depth, no real diplomacy, no real empire management.
Nobody is ever going to make an easy to get into, yet incredibly deep space empire game.

Kobold Kamp. I'm connecting the smaller Kobold huts into a large wooden stronghold. All of them are carrying spears or axes. I screwed up and had all the war dogs assigned to a fucking fisherkobold.

Tribes has not prepared me for Fortress Forever.
Empires Mod is great, but fucking oldfags keep scaring off new blood. All the newfags are like 12 though, so it's not a bad thing really.
Star Trek Online is getting an expansion on July 6th. Time to make another alt :^).

Holy shit, this. Stellaris is currently garbage. I'm disappointed I pirated it.

Fun game ruined by a fucking skilless playerbase. Everyone on my team is always fucking garbage. Started playing competitive thinking this would improve and no, no it didn't. What rank do I need to be for people to not be completely incompetent retards?

Nice thread, OP.

Let's see…

It's fun. This week's brawl is bretty gud. I don't feel compelled to pour more than a few hours into it each week, which means I'm probably going to get matched up with mouthbreathing retards in retaliation.

New update dropped for Online yesterday. It's alright. The new cars are nice, but why the FUCK do I need to pay $1.5m for a quality of life improvement such as a gun locker? That shit needs to be standard in any building that has a heist room. Get fucked, R*.

This nigga sums it up pretty well. Played it last weekend, basically beat the game. Now I don't feel inclined to bother making a new empire. It's a good game, but it's missing a certain depth that CK2 had.

These still remain my go-to games. Even with all of the new shit coming out, these three just remain in regular rotation for me.

k, well cya.

It sucks playing a game when it's been spoiled for you. The game actually disables PS4 recording during the cutscene where [IF YOU PLAYED YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT FAGGOT] so that was pretty cool.
The speed-up feature is cool if you're used to emulators but the no encounters/godmode romhacks feel really cheap.

Been playing the surf mode in Counter Strike. like it a lot minus the shit community, but that's what the mute button is for I guess. A lot of the maps are also really shitty, but some of them are really well made.

Serious Sam TFE. Playing it for the first time. I'm having a hell of a time on Metropolis. I'm up to the arena part. Kleers keep fucking me. I'm playing on Serious difficulty. I can't imagine how fucked up Mental difficulty is.

Holy shit. That's insane. That game looks awful.

Probably the most playable Dragonball game in some time, granted that isn't saying much.

Having surprising amounts of fun using Raditz over my epic le-over-9000 oc.

They have to make it ACCESSIBLE, user, or the gamergurls won't play it!

I stopped playing Osu because apparently that piece of shit spies on you pretending it's just looking for cheats. I had just done The Mask Does Not Laugh on normal, I was having a ton of fun. Shit isn't fair.
Just went back to Wings of Vi. It's still kicking my ass.

I've spent my day replaying MonHun and Minecraft. Thinking about trying one of the weapons I never touch in MonHun, but I have no idea how to get into the mindset of using them. In Minecraft I've been thinking about the easiest way to make a base for a group of thieves. Something underground, with lots of small rooms, a map room, a storage room and a smelting/crafting room. It's going OK so far but I don't know how deep you have to go before people can't see your nametag. Does anyone know how many layers of blocks you can see a nametag through?

playan prince of persia, 3d its bretty gud.

are you that user from that orc/goblin thread ?

looks pretty good is there a huge learning curve?

Yes
Things are coming along nicely but I'm shit with coding and 3D functions so I'm running in to some experience blocks

well i hope it works out for you, are you gonna upload the mod list and edits you have somewhere?

Planetside 2.

Rise of Nations. I'll probably play STALKER later on.

Bangai-O Spirits, whenever I need 15 to relax. Otherwise I plan on picking up Ghost Trick soon, and SMTIV: Apocalypse whenever it launches here (early September IIRC.)

Do it faggot. That game is excellent.

Playing through Dead Rising 2 Off The Record with a friend on PC

The performance isn't the best and it likes to randomly disconnect him from me, but it's still a fun-ass game

Haven't played videogames in weeks, I feel my autism fading

I will indeed. Are 999 and VLR worth playing afterwards?

Gravity gummies are top tier, laser and slash gummies are TRASH.

KH2 final mix by the way

Here's some of the dds shit I have for the Moonshadow elves that I started in the beginning. My later stuff is either to experimental or early to share dependably. The actual skin textures aside from the hand are over 25MB so I can't share them here anyway. I'm still learning this shit and I don't really find it coming to fruition any time soon if at all. Add that with not having a lot of free time and it makes it pretty hard.

I haven't yet gotten to anything on the Orks. I'll get to it as soon as I have less work and I'm not as drunk though. I can certainly add the tattoos you see that I posted to the Ork skins. Also I can add just about any transparent image to them as a tattoo. Though some areas of the body are harder than others because of the inconstant mesh flatness. (The back is a really hard area to apply stuff to simply on Gimp)

Keep in mind I'm pretty autistic so most of this stuff is kind of specific. Also you'll have to generate the mipmaps by opening the images in Photoshop or Gimp and saving them as DDS which isn't in the vanilla programs. If you want I can upload that shit to the vola so you don't have to but this shit is for a specific race so there's no point.

I haven't played them, but I've heard good stuff about them. They're not y the same people though (meanwhile Ghost Trick and Ace Attorney 1-3 are all by the same guy).

CS:GO

Holla Forums lied

the game is fun, and has a lot of depth. It's also hands down the most skillful FPS I've ever played.

I don't understand what people dislike about it. Honestly. It's great and it feels great to play.

Dark Souls 3

DLC area seems cool. Never played it on PS3

64bit version in files which is cool. Music composition and timing is way better. I hear it's short though which is a shame. Looking to mod balance it.

Fuckin' around with the outfit as usual. Not many people on when I was so I didn't play long.

armored core 4a, vd and revelator

enjoying vd more than i expected to but it feels way different than 4a

revelator is great. it's an improvement on sign in every conceivable way. the new characters are fun and seem like they might have options to deal with some of the dumber bullshit sin,zato and elphelt can do

kum is best girl

My condolences.

good to know, although i don't have anyone to local play with anymore i'm wary about buying fightans these days

i mostly hate most of the guilty gear new blood too, jack o can go fuckin jack off and die

kum looks cool though

Oh come on user, it was (and will be) one of this year's only good releases. It has been surpassed only by Bloodborne and the original DaS.

Overwatch is shaping up to be the next big normalfag game. I played the beta awhile ago and the biggest problem that stood out to me is the absolutely awful level design.
Say what you want about TF2, but Valve put serious effort into those original launch maps. Blizz seems to have completely ignored the idea of fine tuning a map .
At least the fanart of Overwatch is pretty amusing.

they hate it because everyone here cant aim for shit.
but right now it has major mechanical flaws, mainly the fact that the ak/m4 should at LEAST have first shot accuracy but dont.
the other major issue is smurfing and hacking. too much of that period

Just got done playing Dark Messiah of Might & Magic. I'll post my thoughts here:

I was promised by Holla Forumsirgins that the game before me was essentially a kicking simulator. What was not mentioned is that you have a meter dictating over how much you can kick. This is entirely for balance purposes, as the game is essentially near impossible to beat without employing the physics mechanics.

What do I mean by this? If you are attempting to fight a human guard, then at the start of the game, it will take your three or four power attacks or dozens of regular ones to take them out. Headshots with bows can save you time, but they're finnicky, and you'll often see an arrow strike an enemy directly in the head without triggering the "headshot" instant kill. Discounting headshots, bows are essentially useless in most cases until the end game, once you start picking up magic variants. I suppose the Elven Bow might be accessible if you go for Critical Strike as fast as possible, but that's about it. Magic is even worse off in this regard, though it at least has bursts. The fact that a number of your spells become useless mid-game until end-game is also of note.

Physics mechanics, on the other hand, are ridiculous. Kick an enemy off a cliff, dead instantly. Kick them into spikes, dead instantly. This is good, as it will only take one or two hits from your average orc or ghoul to be downed. Shields are virtually useless to protect you until you grab the Earthfire Shield, and even then, the hit-boxes are fairly fucked up, and you may just be deceiving yourself in thinking that you're protected. Ironically, while having the high ground is typically advantageous, this game makes fighting enemies on stairs quite impractical.

These mechanics are doubly of importance against Ghouls. If you attack a Ghoul with a normal attack, you'll do jack shit. With power attacks, they recover too fast to strike without getting hit back for anywhere from 2/3 to 1/2 of your HP. Thankfully, they're also retarded. Much of my time dealing with them in Chapter 9 involved walking backwards into a fire and letting them charge me, setting themselves in the fire and instantly killing themselves in the process. Fire resistance is essential for such a tactic.

Despite what lies may be spread, Xana is Serana-tier waifu material.

In the end, the game is pretty entertaining, and certainly better than any modern releases. I didn't love it, strictly on account of the damage-sponge nature most enemies have up until the end-game. But I'd still recommend it.

AK has had first shot accuracy on point for a long time now.

As for smurfing and hacking… FaceIT is free, and their anticheat doesnt seem to suck balls too much.

planet centauri, wurm online, and my shmup i'm working on in gamemaker.

chaos gate didn't have much of a learning curve, it's a bit like Xcom if you're into that, but I haven't played anything like that in a long time and I picked it up just fine and have been having fun.

The Guild 2 Renaissance.

So much potential. Just… why did it have to be one buggy game. Why, just why? The mod fix one bug, and introduces 2 new bugs. Either way, it's a buggy game.

It's a tycoon game set in the Dark Ages. My fav way of making money is building churches and selling indulgences.

Also, why do we fight each other when there's Saracens in Spain at this time?

Just Cause 3 on PS4, because fuck DRM. Funny story about how I got this game, warning story probably won't be funny. Picking up some other game at Gamestop, and putting some down on another game I plan on picking up (If the game turns out shit I just don't pick it up and transfer my money to another game leaving the store to deal with the extra copy). Still had money on Collectors edition of Just Cause 3. Said yeah transfer that to the new game, store person says they still have my CE, no one wanted it and it's marked down by over 30 dollars, asks if I still want it instead. Decide to get it because replica is nice and I just saved 30 freaking dollars. So yeah no one wanted this overpriced POS and it sat in the store for months until I came and brought it home to sit colorfully on my shelf of collectables.

Game takes everything that made Just Cause 2 fun, the destruction, the over the top story. Dumbs it down and shoves it into a Ubisoft game formula experience that sucks the fun out of destroying shit. Game still crashes, controls are iffy on many features, worse airplane controls I've experienced in a long time, car controls are okay, but barely but you'll just use your airsuit from the Skyfortress DLC to get around 90% of the time, Attack Helicopter the other 9% and Mech 1%.

Challenges because the game has a short but forced out length with artificial padding, amply show you have absolutely poor optimised the game is by require precision that game does afford you, or controls to work right when they don't, or an absurdly high score that will force you try ad infinium to achieve it. I just avoid most of them except destruction ones, secret there is to grab helicopter the environment spawns and use that to win. Made Jet Frenzy and Ship Frenzy 3 doable considering how bad jet controls are and how sluggish ships are.

Story is amusing, Villain whose name I don't want to butcher is amusing, dedicated. Problem is Rosa the propulous leader arrives, is immediately put in charge of the rebellion, does nothing, has no experience, but everyone trips overthemselves for a coward that fled medici! Her first lines are about how no one will be able to us Bolvarium, the only resource this Greek Island nation has, a resource so valuable every superpower will just invade to steal it because it is more effective than Uranium for energy generation and super weapons.

Aside from that characters often surprise you by not being shit. Have some depth, and wrecking stuff is generally fun enough to get you through the main story. Frankly my biggest small complaint is the Bolvarium warheards have the weakest explosions in the cinematics. Here's a bomb that's supposed to be able to kill thousands, wipe a medium sized settlement off the map, and it makes an explosion smaller than blowing up a gas station, smaller than the rigged vehicles in a challenge mission. Really half assed.

I've been playing some planet side 2, but im starting to hate how the game just kinda gravitates towards having everything become a clusterfuck grenade and explosives spam at choke points. i also get bothered about the projectile speeds, they feel wrong but i cant really explain why.
also been playing Napoleonic wars and dwarf fortress, planning on starting up the krondor games soon to so they'll be a nice blast to the past for me.

Playing some Hitman Blood Money and other singleplayer games cause AT&T decided to be extra jewish and give me a data cap of 300 gigs and I'm to scared to go over it for any reason

In Hitman I'm playing on professional mode with a gun. It's a fun playstyle, I try to strive to Silent Assassin I know all the maps and secrets cause I've been playing it every year since 2007 but if I get found out I'll go on the offensive and do shit lethally until I die.

Fun as hell, thought it was a bit easy but the three Hell Baron replacements at the end were a rush to fight. Can't wait to play the other episodes.

FLUDDless levels best levels

lmao

I'm part way through Valkyria Chronicles. It's pretty good. I think I enjoy the classic Fire Emblem games more though.

Whoosh

Bastion is a cute.

Played some MH3U with a friend, and now getting into the Rance games, starting with the original.

I played Senran Kagura SV. Mechanically I think the game is terrible. Large enemy groups circle around you and stand there for a good 15 seconds before attacking. I might as well be beating up training dummies. I don't play musou games so I don't know how close this is to the norm but that element of the game felt like filler. Fighting the other girls wasn't much better. Once you get a hit in you've basically won. Just go into an air combo, wait for the other girl to ground pound or fall normally, and then do another combo till they are dead. Turning up the difficulty just means more repetitions of endless combos. While I can appreciate the animators for making the different characters fight in varied ways, it all felt the same to control with the exception of the pink haired girl with the hilarious butt pound cheese.

The plot would have been fine as a basic shounenshit story, but as a game it falls apart completely. The rival school invades the Hanzo school and in the plot they have close fights while in the game I'm destroying them with A ranks across the board. It's fucking stupid to see the other girl standing there topless bragging about how she could totally destroy me if she actually tried. The chapter structure destroys any spontaneity or surprise the story might have had. The rival girls attack, then you attack then, then a training chapter, then you go beat them. All that X5 because you have to have a mission for every girl. I liked the Hanzo girls and the renegade ninjas who helped in the training chapter. Both teams seemed to have surprisingly good character development for a fanservice game. The Gessen girls were all unlikeable psychopaths. The Hebijo girls were an edgelord, a lesbian cunt, a hikkimori, and a sado/masochism pair. None of them stood out as characters beyond that basic stereotype. I might like them better if I did their respective stories but I'm bored of the gameplay so I won't be making the attempt.

If you are a hardcore waifu autist, you can probably forgive the faults and have a good time with the game. The overall presentation was pretty good with lots of voice acting and dialog even in system menus to drive home the character personalities. If you aren't a thirsty weeb, you should probably steer clear or at least wait till the game is in the $10 - $15 range.

Baurotrauma. Got fucked over by my, and then other people's idiocy.
Empires mod, got anally raped because comm didn't have a mic, did nothing, then went afk.

Probably the only cute one in the game except for Genji, maybe
I wish the game itself was decent, it has some neat character designs.

I'm replaying Ocarina of Time for the first time in a while because I'm showing it to my 10 year old sister.

Surprisingly it's better than I remember.

I've been enjoying myself a lot so far, it's honestly a pretty good game.

you've played one musou you've played them all. the novelty of wiping out masses of enemies runs out real fast when you realize they barely fight back

Yeah, OoT was a good game, a lot of people worship it as one of the best games ever made for some reason. Probably because the N64 didn't have that many games, so each good one was cherished by its owners.

CS:S or GO? I always wished I was better at surfing and bunnyhopping, I've only tried it in CSSource though

So you admit you have a shallow experience with the genre?

I've been playing through Pikmin 2 again lately. Still my favorite Pikmin game of the three.

Holla Forums hates competitive games because although they may be better than the average player as soon as they pick up a game, they lack the drive and social skills (which are actually important, especially in team games, and even in those that place emphasis on 1v1, for tutelage and drilling) to actually become really good.

(checked)
It might not be the best game of all time, but there's a lot right with it, maybe even something special, I dunno.
I think it has something to do with the way the game appeals to kids specifically. I think the game is designed in such a way as to inspire the right amount of wonder, excitement and a sense of adventure in children when they play it, and that magical first experience of it is what translates into the massive nostalgia appeal, of which Ocarina seems to be in a league of its own.
I first played it when I was 11-12 so I don't get the full extent of nostalgia I think a lot of people have, but I still feel it somewhat.
Of course, the game being genuinely good doesn't hurt it either.

TL;DR Ocarina of Time is the perfect kids game

I just started a new play-through of Morrowind. 100% Vanilla, no cheese.

Vague or wrong directions and quest descriptions are still as annoying as they ever were. The map/world feels smaller than I remember it. Its potential for role play and immersion is still impressive, and unsurpassed to this day.

Giving another crack at Sengoku. It's the most aesthetically pleasing Paradox game but pretty fucked as far as balance goes. Once an AI becomes moderately big, the snowball becomes virtually unstoppable. Starting at the 1467 Onin War start date, the Hosokawa have bloated to owning 41% of Japan (Shikoku, central and most of western Honshu) in no time. I decided to play as the Shimazu and currently own the entirety of Kyushu, so I'm only able to survive by defending the two water crossings onto the island (from the western tips of Honshu and Shikoku) with all of my troops. Meanwhile the Uesugi (control most of the northern half of Honshu - 31% of Japan) are also at war with the Hosokawa, but they were distracted by a war of with the Nanbu in the north after losing some of their central Honshu holdings to the Hosokawa. They've since conquered the Nanbu and consolidated the north almost entirely, but they've yet to resume attacking the Hosokawa.
Also I'm making the clan Christian :^)

I can't play MH4U because I'm way too tired after work to do an action heavy game, so I play pic related for comf.

New M Dickie game super city. It's bretty gud.

today i played

pic related, budget dude raider, as boring and without the casul cover based shooting, my nerd pride compels me to finish tjis crap since i already started playing it

and Hyper light drifter, its alright, hate the minecraft-ish background music, the game also hides things in a bullshit way to make you go circles if you dont check the map

I modded the fuck out of morrowind and have been playing that for the past few days
sorcerer is fun

been playing FarCry4. I got it for free.

Oh my god you guys, burning natives with hot fiery loads of napalm, hunting tigers and lions and bears with a bow an arrow. it's so good. Also there's a naked death match arena so you can kill dirty foreigners Brock Samson style with just a knife and your dick swinging around and you're covered in blood

But blood dragon is still better

wan piss

Been playing some Dragons Dogma. I've been trying to hunt down a griffin for two hours, but the fucker just keeps running away. I can take out an entire health bar before it runs, but that still doesn't stop it. Starting to really piss me off tbh.

Are you hype for the sequel?

Splinter cell (please tell me it gets better in the sequels)

beat Klonoa for GBA, all gems on every stage. Vision EX-3 was designed by satan. good game.

I've been playing two games mostly: Disgaea 4 and Yakuza: Dead Souls.

>Disgaea 4 PS3
Pretty much just chilling out during the post game. Using the Item World a lot and having new units with Big Bang to level up easier. Recently, I beat the shit out of Laharl.

I don't know. I like this game, but it's still one of the less interesting games on the franchise. I've been doing the extra missions and going to the hostess club in a way to don't get too burned out from it.

SMT III
thank fuck for savestates

I pirated Switchcars. It's pretty fun. You're trying to escape an alien by driving through time, I guess, in different environments. Lots of different cars and boats and planes and such, and you can add machine guns and wings and shit to them which is cool. Guns are ultimately pointless since the biggest danger is traffic. Some cars have grapples pre-installed which is great. You can fly through traffic at the speed of sound by grappling a car, then swerving around it at the last second and repeating it with the next car you see.

Oh, and I put tires on a rowboat once. That was pretty funny. Driving a rowboat down a highway.

NBA Jam On Fire Edition

Great soundtrack, alright gameplay, and good voice over commentary. If I get tired of all that, I can put a podcast on and listen to it while I play without missing a thing.

You'll get it done, I'm impressed by your characters' form.

I'm back to the grind of playing really old shit because nothing new interests me.
Currently running RE4, played from the first merchant through Salazar with no handgun or shotgun and stockpiled shotty ammo, now I'm going to see if I can complete the rest of the game without having to pull out anything but the striker.

its scripted that it runs, if that's your first encounter.

Ukiyo no Shishi

An amazing import game that's basically Yakuza with stylish cruazeh gameplay and some Way of the Samurai in the mix.
It looks amazing for a PS3 game.

I've been able to understand most of the game's mechanics despite being unable to find a translation FAQ even though I'm a pleb who only knows hiragana.

The only thing I can't figure out is how does the reputation system work, I kicked a weaboo gaijin in the beginning of the game and now all of the random passerby's look at me suspiciously. If I attack them or do Yakuza jobs then they all run away from me until I do a anti-Yakuza job or a story event. But doing more events or jobs doesn't fix the damage that me kicking that weeb did.

Mostly The Crew. I recently got back into the game having not played for almost a year, bought the DLC expansion and am having heaps of fun.

Improved physics are good, improved graphics are good, freeroaming is still awesome as a way to blow off steam after work. And since PvP is full of shitters I can even win some races.

I still have a few other games on the back burner but cannot be assed to complete them. Shame on me.

Pretty good for a daily dose of strategy. Takes me about 10 minutes to do my turn and send it in with 1 PBEM game. Don't really want to start more games during the summer, but it's definitely great. I feel like I'm starting to get a good idea how to play one Nation.

Started playing it yesterday. The one star missions were a bit boring to start out with, but now I've been trying to beat the Yian Kut Ku for 2 hours. Quite a ramp up in difficulty.

I'm at Hell Temple, got bored of trying to figure the puzzles out some hours back and just look at a guide if the solution isn't obvious to me. I really like the design based on real world mythology like with Dom4, but I really don't want to spend more than I have to figuring out some of these puzzles, which I feel is a huge disservice to the game. How hard should a puzzle be to not encourage people to just say fuck it and watch a walkthrough?

It's alright. Combat is hella slow. And it's high time I find a mod to fix this as some user's have recommended. The leveling and skill system is ok-ish. I haven't really seen an RPG where I can honestly say that the level progression is meaningful and interesting in any way.

Literal first game of barotrauma alpha, captain drops a box of grenades on my face. They explode. We both die, a hole is breached in the submarine, and it sinks straight to the bottom.
10/10 would die horribly within the first twenty seconds of the round again.

Well I was playing Splinter Cell Blacklist but I slid through a puddle towards a corner and it crashed.

Imperium Romanum Gold Edition because I happened to have Tropico 4 and Kalypso just gave out free codes

T-thanks shitty company

What are you doing? Lightning Shield stuns on block.

Ice gives knockdowns which allow instakill finishers and Charm is also OP in every game ever

The Witcher 3 is one of the best games ever made.

I'm a bit into Blood and Wine and it's just gorgeous, with tons of personality, and little "dat technology" moments that make the world feel really alive.

Writing is 10/10, gameplay is fun, fits well into the world, and you don't end up with weird incongruities (unless you're ludicrously over levelled/geared for something), the potions are actually useful, etc.

9.8/10 with .1 deducted for having to get off your horse to use fast travel signposts, which is a really weird flaw that I don't quite understand. You'd think anyone testing the game would have immediately realized that "I can horse up to this and use it" is way quicker and less pace breaking than "I horse up to it, get off, use it, appear at destination, summon my horse again, get on and horse away to my destination"

The other .1 is for the fact that the ?'s on the Skellige map are pretty uninspired. I got all of them in Vellen but couldn't really be bothered for Skellige because most of them involve fighting harpies from on a little boat with your crossbow, and then getting out of the boat, swimming around to pick up some treasure, then back on the boat. It's also quite pace breaking and time consuming for no real payoff. But since they're not at all necessary, and are mostly there for completionists, it's not a big issue.

It's a couple tiny nitpicks but technically it is a flaw and 10/10 is perfect so.

finishing up the Risen trilogy, halfway through the third one. Gotta say that the games got worse with every title.
Story isnt anything too interesting, but it's fun
muskets are accurately portrayed as OP

also restarted my 7,62 hard life playthrough
gameplay is entertaining and lots of gun porn
though its a buggy and unfinished mess at times

Jesus fuck that webm. Is there a youtube link?

Got a youtube link to that webm?

I picked up S.T.A.L.K.E.R. shadow of cheeki breeki for the first time. so far I'm liking it, it's kinda hard, the enemies are bullet sponges and most weapons seem to have shit handling especially while ads. Also I knew about the bandits and the whole cheeki breeki thing but damn, I didn't expect to hear it so fucking much. Also like a good goy I bought valkyria chronicles, I thought it would be half decent but I'm ultimately disappointed, typical anime bullshit, no characters depth, pretty simple gameplay wise, the only half good reedeming factor is that the art style is peculiar and looks pretty good.

The only game I've mustered the will to play is DS3 but I hate it.

I don't know what else to play right now.

Play the game of life, my friend. Your time has come to win.

Fucking hell

I'm waiting for school to start again so I can have something to do again.

I really want a good RPG, or RTS that I haven't played to death already. I want TF2 before it became shit.

It's literally the title of the webm, dude. Here's a freebie, learn to not be a dummy.
youtube.com/watch?v=_UU8jqxAiHQ

I'm just getting into Metal Gear Rising. The first time I played, I couldn't get my controller to work and somehow managed to get somewhere with mouse + keyboard. Last night I finally managed to set up my controller properly and restarted the game. It's really fun, but I'm not 100% sure I have parrying down.

I've also been playing Far Cry 2 and Code: Veronica, which are both solid as predicted. FC2 is a little annoying and I'm temporarily stuck in CV, but both have positives that outweigh the negatives

Are you on master difficulty?

Dragon Quest IX

yes, what do you think I am, a casual?

I'm replaying L.A. Noire.
I really like this game. If there's a better modern detective game, I don't know of it.
But some of the questions during interviews don't always have clearly corresponding evidence, which is frustrating; the evidence is all there, but you have to pick the right piece, and the one that would obviously be correct in real life isn't always the one you need to pick.
Also, it's still stupid that a certain late-game case forces you to rely on LA landmarks that you probably haven't seen since driving around the city is a pain.

Other than that, yeah, I love this game. Searching for clues, questioning people, occasionally fistfighting, racing, or shooting–it's all loads of fun.

Redoing the campaigns for the umpteenth time and playing a bit of online.
I fucking love this game.
Fuck Fox and Puff bots.

Warsow.

[Press R2]

But nope, i love it. Feels like a rythm game with some occasional beat em up sections.

Also, L.A. Noire is the only Rockstar game I can play. Every Rockstar game has fucking horrible controls. I don't think anyone at that company even knows what a gamepad looks like. But L.A. Noire is usually about slow-paced investigation and interrogation, and action sequences are relatively infrequent, so it's much more palatable than other Rockstar games, where you have to have quick reflexes and deal with their convoluted control schemes.

I am only about 5 hours into Blood and Wine but I have to say I disagree. While the main chain quest is interesting and keeps up the quality from the main game, the side-quests are really poorly written, which is a grave sin in this genre where the main point is the writing. Here's what I encountered so far in side-quests:

That's not how card games work, it's real easy to create an OP faction, it's harder to do a balanced one. And when rioters started appearing and Geralt's response was "don't like it don't play it lol", something felt off, like I was watching some social commentary instead.

One of them's a parry tutorial, one's a rap battle, one's a drunk, and one's a woman who makes a big deal out of it to which Geralt replies that it's the current century. I get that some people thought the "Fists of" quests were repetitive, but instead of making a shitty parody of it, why not leave it out completely.

Now this is the quest that disappointed me the most. See, I loved Witcher 3 side-quests because they never were as they seem, you'd start at A and think you'd be ending at B but you'd end up at like E. In this quest, you're supposed to empty your bank account but you can't because you were declared dead. So they send you all around the bank chasing papers for regulations and you know what the solution was? That the women work there 12 hours a day and nobody ever gives them a 'good day' or some flowers or perfume. You have to give them flowers to do their job and the irony here is that it's not presented as satire, it's presented as though you're supposed to pity them.

Now, I'm not saying the expansion pack is bad. The OST is 10/10 as always, the main quest got me hooked instantly even though I thought it'd be impossible for me to like it as much as HoS, the completely new area of Toussant is really fun exploring since it's a world of difference between a shitty Velen and a land untouched by war. And some of the side-quests aren't bad, like the strange cemetery noises which was pretty fun. But man, I don't know what happened with most of the side-quests because they're pretty much Dragon Age-tier.

I have some interest in this, but as I understand it, the main draw is that it's basically a "playable anime." Is it worth playing, when I can just watch the whole thing on YouTube or something?

To be fair, it's not about being casual or not, it's about balance. Being a dumbass, I once played SoC on a difficulty less than Master, and then later played it on Master. The game is balanced all fucking weird, and if you play it on a lesser difficulty, it's actually harder than it would be. STALKER is fucking weird like that.

I haven't encountered any of those so far. I don't really do Gwent and the fists of quest will never beat the Skellige one.

The tourney side quest was good. Otherwise I'm just running around mostly. Main quest is good for sure.

I dunno, I guess I really like Touissant as a thing because of yeah the contrast. And it just feels really well made and like I said, lots of personality to the actual area, culture, people, etc. That said it sounds like you've mostly been doing the formula side quests. Gwent, punchfights, etc. The ones with actual dialogue and story to them are always better.

PoE, the new update is cool, but unfortunately they fucked up the performance something fierce for some of us.

I liked it, user. It feels more of a rythm game and the game gives you scores on how good you do things during the episodes, so even when the cutscenes "play themselves" if you are shit at qtes you won't get many achivements and unlocks in the game.

>have to have quick reflexes and deal with their convoluted control schemes
What games do this on purpose (or on accident to their benefit)? Only one I can think of right now are Resident Evil

QWOP and Octodad are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

so, master, which should be the hardest difficulty, actually isn't the hardest? how the fuck does that make any sense

Risky's Revenge. There's no challenge really, but it's fun, music is good, mildly lewd

Devastation. Good one, short and simple, but ramming and countering feels satisfying

Playing Monster Rancher 2
My Worm just got into A-rank, but Colt has already talked about retiring it twice, so ill have to freeze it soon

The enemies are bullet sponges on lower difficulties, and that makes the fights harder.
On master, they're less spongy and more fair to fight, making fights easier.
Slavs.

That's why I was disappointed, I always thought (and still do) of Witcher 3 as that game that makes even getting a frying pan for an old lady from her house interesting. The Fists Of quest ended up having you wrestle a bear, and punching a rock troll into unconsciousness. The gwent quests ended up having a high-stakes tournament where someone stole the prize money and you have to get it back with the help of a mysterious chick. By comparison, the base game quests are just that much better than their B&W counterparts.

I'm still enjoying the expansion pack, it's just that I kinda expected more. I'm not even biased because this week is when I first played Hearts of Stone too and I was thoroughly satisfied with that one.

Yeah I'm in the same boat re Hearts of Stone. Just finished it and moved onto Blood and Wine. Man, that almost makes me wish I'd played some Gwent. I just…ugh .It's so tedious. So very fucking tedious.

Fun. controls are fucky, like every game in this genre. Franklin is best guy, followed by Trevor. Micheal a shit.
Fun with Holla Forums. Construction is fun but too limited. Otherwise it's the same as it was at launch more or less, except better running. That's fine because I liked it at launch in terms of gameplay.
I've been playing it for 3 years now. I mostly just check in daily for events or the vault. But I tried a Sortie for the first time last night and it was mildly challenging.
save file got deleted at castle after dancer. I started as a cleric this time instead of a knight. I didn't realize how easy good armor and a high block shield made the game, using cleric is definitly harder starting out. On the other hand, having force trivializes some enemies that are otherwise very annoying. I recently realized that the map layout is less interconnected than DS2. But otherwise I enjoy it. for me, it goes DS1, BB, DS3, A mile of shit, DS2. I haven't played DeS though.

I love gwent, Nilfgaard is pretty much the only faction I play because it's too fun drawing your whole deck and overwhelming the opponent. The only game I ever lose with this is a mirror match and that's only if I can't draw my spies. You should give it a shot, the gwent music alone is enough incentive to just keep playing.

well that's a load of bollocks, I thought it would be the most challenging, it's whatever though, still having a good time with it

Doing a marathon of the Dark Souls series starting at 1 and making my way up. Something I've been needing to do anyhow because I havent played any of the dlcs despite me owning them for years now.

Completely forgot you can only roll in 4 directions while locked on in Dark Souls.

Planning on doing a character build of False King Allant in DS2 but i dont know yet.

I have the music in the game off. More immersive. Especially since actual musicians in game count as game sounds so if I'm in a tavern or somewhere with people playing music I still hear it. It's fucking perfect.

Also, apperantly they're doing a standalone Gwent game a la Hearthstone, which is pretty cool. I don't like in game shit like this because it's always RNG/AI determined. Either the AI decides to fuck you or it doesn't. What you do doesn't really matter.

Wanted it since I saw the trailer and it was better than expected.

All I've been playing is

Why?

I've been doing school shit. I just got long break and I refuse to play the 25 or so games in my backlog mostly console ports with a KB+M I'm a lefty and setting up alternative controls are a bitch , so I'm waiting for a controller to come in the mail.

Yes, I know I have "shit" taste, but who cares what some neckbeard online thinks? lol

What's it about, how does it play?

Since I have learned to control my autism, I give a shit about what a community I want to take part of thinks about me. I think you don't fit in so well. 30% of the games in your picture are shit and you will have forgotten them after a month or so. You think elitism is bad? Good, this means you will stay the fuck out of /a/

You are a mercenary rigger who has been hired by 2 guys to break into a space station of a megacorp that is only populated by robots and steal their latest A.I. algorithms. It is a metroidvania, yet the gameplay rather resembles the one of Abuse. Another gimmick to round the experience up is your ability to posses other robots besides the one you already came in. Describing the rest would be just more mild spoilers. If you liked Abuse, definitely get this.

GTA V. been getting into the online with a decent set of people

That was physically painful to read

why? Fuck 'em.

Who cares why you think though? I don't.

Besides, I torrented most of that just to try them out and the for the others.. I've wanted to play for a long time, but never had the time.

lol

I browse /a/.. same level of elite autism there too.

Re-installed Volgarr the Viking two days ago because most of my steam weren't installed since I changed OS (7 to 8.1 Pro) a couple months ago.

It felt so good to play a game that didn't care about the fluff of modern game design and instead reveled in pure gameplay action. Old school action platforming not unlike Ghost n' Goblins and such. It's got a simple moveset that you really need to master to stand a chance of winning. I had so much fun getting gud that I ended up beating the game in one sitting. It was a thing of beauty and a bit sad to realize I was having more fun playing a short indie game than all the AAA crap that comes out nowadays. Anyway, much respect to the developers Crazy Viking Studios and I am looking forward to their next game, should they develop another one.

Volgarr the Viking, to those who never played it: Highly recommended!

why?
Because he wants to be part of that community, you autist.

Aww shit nigger. I am going to try beating it again and breaking fucking thumbs in the process.

Now this is autism. Piss off!

If you want a budget Indiana Jones with tomb raiding then Deadfall Adventures is okay-ish.

Easy Modo, for an even easier time: try the Mirdan Hammer. It's a Halberd but with blunt damage instead. You'll be breaking enemies' guard like nobody. Make sure to Blessed+5 2-hand it with Adjucator's Shield+5 on your back, Regenerator Ring and equipping Ancient King armor set for increased stamina regen and MAD HEALTH REGEN. You'll be unstoppable. It's broken as fuck and you'll really understand why they toned down health regen for all future games.

Anyway, whether you follow my advice or not is irrelevant. As long as you're having fun is what matters.

user,please tell me you dont buy skins?

It's not bad so far. Story is engaging and battle system is fun.

Got some gripes though: Any other party members besides the first two you get seem kind of useless considering you can only use them half the time, so they're always underleveled.

Also, of all the things to take from the 16bit JRPG era, why the vague-as-fuck sidequests? I can't even tell who has one and who doesn't, and the number of conversations I need to have in order to check is multiplied because of the time travel mechanics. It's tedious as fuck, but I heard it unlocks the true ending or something

Playan Stranger of Sword City. I spent half my playtime on rolling up characters, but the other half has been pretty fun. The game feels well polished with lots of comfort features, but the actual gameplay seems to not pull any punches, even in the tutorial. Very fun.
Incidentially I've never played Wizardry before

Kao the Kangaroo II was pretty darn fun, although nothing special.

Marathon is really cool.

UnReal seems fun to play but it only makes me want to play Dwarf Fortress.

Was gifted Duskers about two weeks back, really atmospheric if you play it in the dark, but it's pretty hard, especially since there are enemies that can completely destroy your droids in one shot, and radiation spreads fucking fast, even if you close your blast doors when moving room from room.

All aside it's a pretty solid title, one of the more interesting Rogue-Lites out there and I'd certainly recommend giving it a pirate considering it's Early Access, if you like it buy it if it ever gets released.

Been playing Potion Maker. That's it.

Can't bring myself to play anything other than a casual screen tapper. It's fun and I'm extremely fucking casual.

FUCK
I don't even mind the difficulty.
It's the fucking fact that save points are 5 minutes and rooms of enemies and puzzles away from the boss who'll wipe you out with 3 attacks.
I get bored going through the same bits over and over whilest trying to memorize attacks

Holy shoot that game looks fun
It's no longer in Early Access, at least according to the steam page, but I'll still pirate it on principle

Barotramua with Holla Forums, I think we have yet to complete a mission without a casualty

Been playing Enter the Gungeon. It's fun as shit but tough as nails for an arcade casual like myself. I can't even get past the second floor and I'm still having a blast.

Every now and again I'll hop on Planetside 2 to gas some trannu with wwew.

Rovery Pranet kawaii desu ne benis

It's breety fun.

Wow.
Prepare for ZoE2 then. That game is actually fun!

shit is the bee's knees

I can confirm that. ZoE 1 is like the intro to ZoE 2.

Dark souls 3
better than 2, not as good as 1. I can't seem to get myself to play it longer than 2 hours at once. I'm going to kill someone if i have to hear the awful firlink shrine musik a few times more but it's at least better than the shit in majula. all in all it's a typical souls game and i like it.
Forza 6
I don't enjoy driving games.i pretty much bought it because you are supposed to have a racing game in your catalog/for guests. most of the time i spend making Holla Forums-tier designs for my cars. the editor works very good tho.
DoA 5 LR
I play it for the t'n'a. spent a fortune on pixel bikinis 'n shiet and cause it's xbone1 i can't even install fucking nude mods. button mashing for casuals but with a nice look. if you want a fighting game with good mechanics get MKX

Just came to say I take some of this back.
Just beat Alma and fuck am I now pleased

Playing through Crysis series again, about to cry when I get to see the death of my favorite franchise when I hit Crysis 3.

Wow, this game really does suck. I thought the QTE thing would of played out much better and it at least takes minimal skill to fight on hard mode (the only mode higher then that is locked). It's not Shadows of Mordor bad but it's bad. There is no depth to the combat, it's like 2 buttons, swing your sword and bump with shield and than do thing button. There are really cool death scenes but there is no variety, the enemies are all the same from what I've seen and I barely played past the first level!

I love Roman Antiquity settings, so the
AESTHETICS
are pretty bomb. But my grapics card can barely handle it so it runs at like 30 fps which is murder on my eyeballs. How hard would it have been to make a game like Shadow of Rome with a face lift? Huh? That game was awesome gladiatorial combat with a SHIT load of enemies.

I'm glad I only payed 15 bucks for this turd. Too bad I did it so long ago as I have no desire to play it now. But is this game worth playing throughout? Does it get better anons?

I've been playing Fallout New Vegas with Tale of Two Wastelands installed. I really don't know how I ever liked Fallout 3, the writing is just fucking awful. Some of the sidequests are fun, and there's a few clever lines of dialogue every once in awhile but overall it's mostly boring or fucking pants on head retarded. I just want to move on to New Vegas once I get some proper good gear and wrap up the quests that I currently have.

I play with your mom's pussy every night. 😂👌

Wherever you came from, you should go back there.

from what i've seen and heard, the gameplay is utter shit, and solving quests involves chasing quest-markers like Skyrim. what makes this worth playing?

Dawn Of War: Dark Crusade

The single player mode is way too fun, Titanium Wars Mod makes it gorillion times better.

that glorious feel when setting up kill zones of pure fucking savagery with the insanely varied arsenal that the imperial guard got with that mod

hello, newfriend. i'll let you in on a little secret: sage isn't a downvote. lurk more.

Phantasy Star Online 2
It's probably one of my favorite games ever and i don't even know why

I really like hack and slash and just guards and the entire gunner class and oh god i love video games aaaaa

Command and Conquer Generals Zero Hour: Shockwave

Fun mod for Zero Hour, by the Rise of the Reds guys. I like the mod a lot more than ROTR honestly, I see a lot of shared content between the two mods, but that's to be expected since it uses a lot of beta shit that lingers in the game's files still.

Deathmatch Classic

I much prefer the style of the weapons in this to the weapons in quake or half life for some reason. It's a neat style, wish more was done with it. A half life techish quake might be rather neato. Jump physics feel a bit off to me, but I play with source ports for quake like Engoo and shit so maybe I just have no idea what quake's actual physics are.

Guilty Gear Xrd
Super fun fighting game, though it's a bit more casual than GGXXAC+R. Not that I care, since I'm not smart enough for all that technical shit. Oh well.

Dwango5 deathmatch
[MUFFLED SUPER SHOTGUNS IN THE DISTANCE]

Torchlight 2 was my most recent vidya.

Not even purely cosmetic mod like Better Heads Better Bodies? Vanilla morrowind faces are 100% fugmo potato generators.

Come on, m80. If you had been posting something of value, but off-topic, I could see a polite sage. But that's not what you're doing.

For gameplay to be utter shit it would take for it to be broken, boring and simply unfair. That is not the case with Witcher 3; sure the gameplay is nothing special but at the very worst that makes it average, which isn't that big of a sin for an RPG game. A lot of the considered best RPGs of all time have average to bad gameplay, ranging from Planescape: Torment to Fallout: New Vegas, where you have to make the game aim for you because of how unsatisfying the shooting is.

Pretty sure every other open-world game makes you chase quest markers (with the exception of Morrowind), you'll have to be more specific as to why mention Skyrim directly?

If it's just getting annoyed that your map is marked with the objective of your current quest, then the best I can say is that you can disable some of the stuff in the options, though I doubt you'd find that to be satisfactory.

It's alright but Monster Hunter is just the better game because it feels and plays much better. It's more like a action rpg I guess but the moves don't have much impact. Also having to rearrange your skills each thing you upgrade them is annoying.

Wow you're right, you really are a pleb

I wanted to play dungeon lords after the brote stream, but the only torrent i found still has the collusion error.
Also onechanbara lags like hell. Such is life with a toaster.

Aside from that MH4U, AC:NL and Fantasy life.
Those are the one i bought with a 3ds. Kinda late joining, but whatever.

Great fucking game, but it suffers from the same problem a lot of other management games suffer: Once you are forced to build a massive expansion you get Analysis paralysis. Right now I need to build an expansion that not only produces some more Iron plates, so that I can produce more steel for my blue science packs, but it also has to be ready for my rocket silo and all it takes to assemble that thing. I can't decide where to put it, and with every passing second I notice more and more how unprepared I am for the task. Right now I am experiencing massive power issues because I switched over to elecric furnance only, which may have been a mistake, but I simply didn't want to have to deal with the coal supply anymore.
Played it today. Love it to bits, even now I discover new shit the A10 can do. I am lacking new missions though, since multiplayer sucks ass, and I love the combined arms.
Does anyone have some other simulators at that level of realism?
It recently got a dev-branch update, it greatly improved performance from somewhere around 20 in the woods and 10 in cities to 70 in the woods and 40 in cities. The game itself still has those great few moments of absolute tension, but anything else still sucks ass.
With the extremely slow development speed I would not recommend it.

Post your thoughts on it, faggot.

I'm the same user btw This is my first time doing a health regen build and I see what you mean.
I'll try out the Mirdan Hammer, thanks user.

literally my only problem.
please tell me you didn't buy that trash.

Doom II is the shit. glory to the mighty wad

Been playing Atelier Sophie.
I was looking to get into the vita weeaboo scene, and this was to be released right around the corner. Apparently it's a great starting point into the Atelier series.
It's slow and fun and comfy. Cute girls doing cute things. I wanted a comfy moe game and it's exactly that.

Earthfire Shield appears a bit earlier, and provides fire resistance. Lightning Shield is nicer in the final area, but in the area you find it and before it, you're better off with Earthfire, as you can walk your enemies into a fire. Which is actually quite fun.

Ice and Charm could be purchased fairly early, I suppose. If you're going for a spread out build, though, it's not going to happen.

I tried this. It's quite frustrating at times but feels amazing when it works out well. You find yourself opening the main map a LOT though. What I think would've worked is a PRESS TO SHOW key for the mini map or optionally just a compass. It's much easier to get lost in closed spaces than it is outdoors. But actually listening to the locations people mention to you and directions to get there, paying attention to the road, landmarks, looking at signs etc. Quite cool.

Playing Rust.

I'm gonna build a Wall. It's gonna be huge. It will have a huge gate of on.

and raiders are gonna mine for it

Been sick recently so i've played with some cancer like overwatch, legit fun so far.

The Witcher 3, planetside 2 uncharted 4 as well as Victoria 2

vidya has been good to me recently. Thinking i might get back into dwarf fortress or liberal crime squad soon

I've been Playing Phantasy Star Online for quite a bit, had to stop because of finals, but now that that's nearly done I'll keep to that. When I'm on the go I just Play Phantasy Star Portable on my Vita that I injected CFW on.

Noice

looking forward to it anons.

Doom 2 with the brutal doom mod. I've ordered Blazblue CP Extend, Zero time dilemma, Guilty gear revelator and Odin sphere

user please.

Played the first one and I fell in love with the series. Even went out and bought a PS3 on the cheap for the legacy collection. I'm about to fight vamp and I'm having a great time. Being able to go into first person is an awesome change from MGS 1. But Jesus Christ how can people actually defend some of the writing in this game.

Playing some Mount and Blade Warband, and I just started playing Witcher 3.

Getting pretty hyped for Mount and Blade 2 to be shown at E3.

Why is the clunky barely-functional DOS-era dungeon crawler with next to no character customization holding my attention better than Skyrim? Or like any modern better-polished games? Could it just be the challenge factor? Maybe I'm just an oldfag. Am I losing my touch or do games really just suck more these days? And why does it bother me so much that I like old stuff?

Or is it just because back in the DOS days game developers had enough balls to put nudity in their games without fear of some stupid bitch getting offended?

Raid mode in Resident Evil Revelations 2. It's shallow, but I enjoy it and Lady HUNK is a qt.

I am playing the Witcher 3 Blood and Wine expansion. Its fucking great. I am having a lot of fun. Must have put in at least 15 hours by now and I've barely done the main mission. People shit on the Witcher 3 to be edgy, but there is no need. The game is great. Its like a modern version of classic rpgs and I love it.

Tor with DLC.

medamom was off the fucking chain

porque

Not even forcing AA, or texture filtering in the graphics driver. Not even using a widescreen patch. I won't even activate the expansions and DLC* until I am done with the main quest. Just the game as it was when I first played it.

*:Shit, the term DLC wasn't even around back then. I think we called them add-ons.

"Expansion packs"
Because they expanded the game at hand, not just add content that you can download

And you should try out OpenMW when you go through with mods and shit, it's pretty much completed and is compatible with many existing mods

Literally just DS1 and Napoleon Total War

The add-ons were smaller than expansions. They just added stuff like a single set of armor, or a few weapons, each.

You sir, are a madman. A MADMAN! I had to put a helmet or any full face covering gear on nearly all my chars if I don't have the Better Heads&Better Bodies mod running.
I still think you're mad, but good luck and god speed.

Why did you mix an Arena picture in with your Daggerfall pictures?

IT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN CRAVING
can't find the fuckin' tax rate bar tho

Quake II
It brought back many memories

I've been playing a bit of both lately. Daggerfall for a long time has been my favorite game, but I'm getting burned out on how complex it can be and lately have been settling for Arena for its simplicity. Perhaps I should have made that clearer since a lot of people would crucify me for calling Daggerfall a barely-functional dungeon crawler with next to no character customization.

I had to use DF pictures because it occurred to me after typing my little rant out that Daggerfall contained nudity while Arena mostly just had scantily clad ladies in it.

Finished recently:

Rocketbirds 1, Hyper Light Drifter

Dropped but plan to finish later:

Super Metroid and Axiom Verge.

Playing recently:

doom the old one, One Finger Death Punch, OFF and Shadow of Chernobyl.

I want to play Marathon, but I'm forcing myself to finish one of those first.

I tried replaying Oracle of Seasons but something about it feels extremly clunky. I prefer playng Link's Awakening despite growing up with both games.
oh and the worst part about picking up Ace Attorney is trying to remember where you left off/

already played that

I thought Holla Forums hated ASSFAGGOTS because of the rng and because reddit loves it.

How do you start and not finish Super Metroid? It's like ninety minutes long.

I played for like one hour and I thought it was going to last 6 more hours.

I barely explored the second map, guess I'm just bad.

Finished Elder Scrolls Arena recently, and been digging into Daggerfall and having a blast. Also playing Stranger of Sword City and working my way through the Monster World games. Wonder Boy in Monster World was a childhood favorite I enjoyed revisiting, but fuck that final boss fight. Not sure if I wanna do Monster World IV next, or Dragon's Trap, given that the remake of the latter is in the works and looks fucking wonderful.

I kinda miss playing back on Nostalrius.
So recently I decided to get into the WoW vanilla kronos server.

Seems kinda populated.
But I feel like I will see less players the moment I enter silverpine forest.

playan stalker with OGSE, liking it I guess

bump for best thread

One of my friends gifted me elder scrolls online. It's pretty fun from my experience. I heard they are adding Vvardenfell soon, so I'm pretty excited.

I've been playing the Dead by Daylight beta. It's pretty fun so far, but it's buggy as all hell.

I'm pretty excited for the new killers that will be on release, like vid related.

That's more or less how it always was. Maybe see a few players, but the leveling zones were pretty dead and everyone who had alts never got out of the barrens. And then there was the hell of spamming chat for the 50-ish dungeons and waiting hours for Stratholme, Scholomance, Dire Maul, and whatever else.

I subscribed for a month recently (haven't played in a long ass time) and on the official servers there's the Dungeon Finder and they do the cross-server thing so more people are in the leveling zones and it's just shit but in a different way. The Dungeon Finder is somewhat nice, but there's so many retards. Early 80s or so now and every night I'll queue for a dungeon and I swear there's 90 percent chance the tank is legit dumb as all fuck. And artificially populating the leveling zones with the cross-server has you end up fighting for mobs here and there. So yep. I think I'm already done with it, I was somewhat interested in Legion but the players I keep having to queue up with are a bunch of idiots.

Anyway, to answer OP I've been playing Grim Dawn and Overwatch. Think I might try out Path of Exile too.

Smash 4. Fun competitive game with strong local scenes everywhere. Great tournaments

UNIEL. Still the best fighting game I've ever played. Can't wait for ST.

Fire Emblem Fuiin no Tsurugi. Why hasn't this ever been translated? Nintendo missed out on some EZ money with this strong title.

Persona 4, and it sucks.

Banished
It takes a long time to get citizens and despite all the stuff i've heard about natural disasters coming in to mess everything up i've had 1 house burn, 2 diseases, and 1 infestation happen in the 12 hours of gameplay I've experienced. If you want efficiency simulator with shit coming in to fuck your shit you should play Dwarf Fortress instead because this felt like an extremely simplified Dwarf Fortress.

Guilty Gear Xrd on the PS3 while waiting for my Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator on the PS4 to come in the mail tomorrow. FUCKING GAMEDTOP one day shipping better fucking work because I paid 15 fucking dollars for it. They fucked my preorder up because shipments in my area to stores got delayed to fuck because they're cheap bastards so I just bought it from their website.

I really need to finish this, but I stopped playing it for days. I dunno why it's so easy to abandon games even when they're good.

Guild Wars 1
I keep getting golds worth ectos upon ectos as drops, so I'm not stopping anytime soon.

Rome 2 Empereror thingy. Having so much fun subjugating filthy Suebi barbarians who are holding practically all of Germany, Poland and the Baltic.

I don't know why anyone plays anything in the Grand Campaign besides Rome.

I'm playing Brutal Doom, Quake 2, Blood, Guilty Gear XRD Sign, and Grim Dawn.

Brutal Doom was fun, but some things seemed a bit off. I thought the execution mechanic was OK, and probably how nudoom should have had it i.e reasonably difficult to pull off, rather than a normal state of affairs (it was hard for me to pull off, anyway). Finished it on Nightmare.

Quake 2 is more annoying than I remember. I'll play it for a while and then quit if I die. Good game, but probably shouldn't have been playing it around the same time as Doom.

Blood looks a lot shitter than I remember, and it's not as crazy. Kinda funny, very hard.

GGXRD Sign because no PS4.

Grim Dawn is like a slightly buggy Titan Quest. Enjoying it, and I'm not sure if by design or not, but it doesn't really tell you the mechanics of the game very well.

Overwatch and System Shock 2

Autism Engineers

I kinda hate myself

Neat, but it feels really one note
Fun though, I'd reccomend a pirate if you can be bothered. Be warned it REALLY tries to be 2deep4u sometimes

The graphic style of the game is fucking amazing, and I never get tired of the narrator, your mileage may vary, though. Gets RIDICULOUSLY grindy and rather hard towards the end. (fucking 3rd tier bosses will almost definitely kill some of your dudes)

Mojang fucked my account so now I can't login anymore. This game released at the exact wrong time (ie when Hearthstone just came out) and I'm sad Hearthstone basically killed the game.

planetside 2: it's okay. it's one of those games where you can see the gaping void of what it should have been but what it is is still playable enough.

guilty gear xrd sign: revelator pc when

What is Dead Island
What is Dying Light

Stalker Clear Sky. I got the game patched. This is my first Stalker game. So far I'm getting more into it. The military are obnoxious though. I did get an aks but low dosh now.

The last time I played a videogame was about 3 weeks ago and I can't remember which one
I somehow can't get motivated to play vidya anymore.
help

Are you being of the kidding, comrade? Pick up Shadow of Chernobyl, play it, then move on to Call of Pripyat. Only after that should you play Clear Sky since it's not as good as the previous two. Make sure you get the latest patch and play on master difficulty as well.

wad I'm currently working on in Doom

There is no reason not to play Demolitionist only in the game.

Note even Boredom?

My nigga, I walk into 15 enemy mobs and just start showering them with explosives and then more explosives.

demo is broken as fuck, you can just steamroll everyone

Recently downloaded Simpson's Hit & Run. It's ok, somewhat repetitive, I liked it a lot more when I was younger.

Didn't they shut down the game all together.

That's pretty much how I felt about it, too, though a lot of people seem to hate it. I… was never into the Doom series much. for 2.5D 90s shooters, Marathon a best

Oh also, FEAR kicks ass, especially the shotgun. Found something called Plays.tv installed last time I updated my graphics drivers, used it to make this.

Everyone says not to start with Clear Sky, or even not to bother playing it at all, but…
Uh…
Well, chronologically speaking, it's the first game in the series. So there's that.
It's probably the hardest and least rewarding one out there, though. Most bugg-riddled, too, even if you have all the patches installed.

Currently:
Other than that some Rocket League, Dota 2, some CSGO.

I have a relapse of major depression and can't have fun right now, so the only video game I can play that doesn't disappoint me excruciatingly is BeamNG.drive because it's just comfy driving around maps on randomized courses.

GET OPENMW YOU FUCK

I am level 22 and haven't really used all my skill points. It's on veteran difficulty and I just run in and smash the shit out of everyone. Actually this game is far too easy.

Shit, I loved that game, but then lost all my save data and left it for a while. I should play it again.

Star Trek online has gone from being a fun MMO to being a facebook game clone, complete with "missions" that you need to wait several hours or days to complete, doing little more than feeding resources into them.

Since the game has become free to play, it has effectively become pay to win, with even the minorist things costing $20-$50. for example, in order to get one of the admiral ships (once you reach that rank) you'll need to spend actual cash. To get a good one you'll be spending around $25-$50. If you want to buy a bridge set for your ship, one that isn't an olympic stadium with hallways that are 3 decks high, you'll be spending $55. FOR A BRIDGE SET. A bridge set that is almost nonfunctional by the way.

The ame sat almost completely neglected for years, with no new content. Now they've released a few more "seasons," what they call expansions, so there are new areas and new storyline missions. Somewhere along the way they removed over 30 missions from the game, so in order to have new content they remove old? And most of the new missions are "patrol" missions, missions in which you fly to a system, blow up an entire army of enemy vessels all by your lonesome, and then fly to another system to rinse and repeat. They're repetitive and agonizing. NO FUN. Each Patrol mission requires you to visit 4 systems. There are about 10 patrol missions in the new section of the game.

Playing Shadow of Chernobyl for the third time, this goddamn game is a flawed timeless masterpiece, it was just a matter of finding the right mod and its like im playing it again for the first time

Patrician taste.
You have no idea how long it took me to get 6 successful and effective skeet shot grenade throws in a row
Let's just say the video file I took that clip from was 2.7 GiB by the time I got it right
…Still worth it; airburst grenades + shotgun ftw, and it's not like you have any other kind of grenade in the early parts fam

This week it's Clive Barkers Undying and DMC III. I played Dong Country 1 and 2 on the side.

No.

Finally going through the Phoenix Wright games. Apart from the occasionally horribly shoddy translation and annoying recurring characters (who thought having three games with Oldbag would be a good idea) I really like them. Is the Danganronpa games anything like this?

Sims 3, though i'l probably jump to 4 soon as im starting to get sick of all the bug's n shit even open world+content cant fix.

Started playing it for the first time. Havent gotten far at all but man this game is beautiful in both art and writing.
This game is a lot more 'T Rated' Than I remember. the cutscenes tend to get a good laugh out of me. The gameplay is alright, I am not sure if I found the 'right' way to play it yet. Some levels seem to require just jetpacking through as fast as you can and some seem to require disguising and reading thoughts every 5 seconds.
I have been enjoying it all things considered. This game does actually seem pretty centered on just having a fun time. The problem I am having is the lack of clear direction or fine-tuning. They do a lot of things for the sake of player enjoyment when I feel it hold the game back.
Take for example character alts. TF2 was amazing with being able to see what class you are fighting and what team they are on from quite a ways away. In overwatch there is a 'blue' and 'red' team, but no one has colors to match. They wanted to give players large amount of customizable colors but that messes with what the player sees. I once attacked a team turret that was colored red before I realized it wasn't shooting at me because its on my team.
The game is filled with stuff like that. Some characters have alt skins that change their appearance so greatly that it would be difficult for someone to determine who they are actually playing.
The maps also feel like they were designed to sort of 'make the players look cool', not designed to give a proper match.
But the game is fun, I will give it that.

Been there bud, It'll get better don't worry.
You may just need a break from vidya, focus on your other hobbies for a bit and then play a game when you come across one that really sounds fun.
Or you may need to push yourself to play a really good game you havent played/beat before. When I was in my rut I decided to push myself to complete the mario all-stars games (on SNES) and thats what pulled me out. I also highly recommend watching GameCenterCX. Arinos sheer optimism and up-beat attitude really reflect what playing games is all about. Again, when I was in my rut watching the show really helped me remember why I liked vidya.

I've been playing SWGemu on Basilisk Server.

Nice to get back in to SWG, the game is still crack, but fuck me if this server isn't over-populated with seemingly unused houses. There is just this dense urban sprawl that has grown out in a radius around Mos Eisley. It's kind of fucking disgusting and as a crafter it makes harvesting a bitch.

Anyone else play this shit? Got tips for a newbie Master Artisan eying the higher professions?

Am I the only one nostalgic for SWG on this site?

Sid Meier's Pirates ! the 3D remake.

It's alright, if a bit repetitive, so when I get bored I just increase difficulty. Works nice so far.

been playing Sword Art Online: Lost Song. It's simple, but more enjoyable than Hollow Fragment, I'm on the Desert Island, currently.

Also played some Wolfenstein TNO and some MH4U, waiting eagerly for MHGenerations to drop.

I've been playing a fuckton of Crackdown 2.

If you could combine the genetic cleansing of the second game with the ethnic cleansing of the first and got rid of every non-white playable character you'd probably have Holla Forums's favorite game.

That being said, fuck Crackdown 2. The third island's strongholds are fucking impossible - everyone is shooting rockets, grenades and sniper rifles like goddamn machine guns, which stunlocks you from moving, making hundreds of respawns inevitable.

And if you take too long to complete the stronghold, they take back over what little progress you made. It's fucking bullshit, and it made me rage quit so hard I had to go hit a tree several times with a baseball bat.

Monster Hunter 4. Getting my ass kicked by Frenzy Tigrex, which is weird because I did just fine the first time I fought him.

Heartsof iron 4
I'm tryna get the LAN cracked so I can play with my brother

That's actually not that bad of an idea to relieve stress.

PoR: Average metroidvania,not bad but not great.

Dishonored was good but i enjoyed more Dark messiah

Thats your fault

Dorf Fort
I don't have much of a problem with the controls and UI of fortress mode but I find adventure mode much less comfortable or easy to grasp within the first hour.
Maybe it's because I need to keep tabbing out to reference the controls.

middling kek.

A good 6-8 hours, not a bad length, especially considering it's an expansion pack and tons of shooters last that long or less as a full game.

It's already normalfag-friendly.

Imfuckingplying.

It's impossible to run out of ammo unless you're a retard so it's still not any harder.
If anything, it's the shit hit detection in the game. In SOC and CS, probably even in COP there are certain areas on the body where shooting does no damage, when an enemy is in a pain animation most of the body is immune to damage.
Slavs don't know how to game mechanics very well.

Did you get lost on the way to reddit?
Narcissistic nigger.
wew

>>>Holla Forums

Because autism and a need to follow the hivemind like a true redditor.

Because you're a cuck entranced by pixelated tits and can't keep your brain functioning as soon as you see them.

Nigger, you get the berserk pack and left click the enemy to death. That's not difficult at all.

Sounds like mommy and daddy need to take the games away junior, you can't handle them properly.

I don't like you.

oy vey

Been playing JA2 1.13 again, but had passing thoughts to boot this baby again.