Hello my fellow gamers!

Hello my fellow gamers!

• New Strike • New Plaguelands Zone & Social Space • New Crucible Mode & Maps • New Enemy Faction and Bosses"

I can't view webms with my safari browser. Is it an exciting destiny montage?

Literally sounds like GoT in space.

I've literally forgotten about Destiny, and I don't think I'm alone, that's still a thing? thats still being supported?

what?

Why do you people shill on 8/v/ of all places?

Destiny is the pinnacle of marketing over design. In every way you can possibly imagine it is a lesser game. To pretty much anything. There is nothing you can compare Destiny to that wont be better in some siginificant way. And yet people slobber all over Bungies cock. Because halo. Because skinner box. Because TV told them too.

The original came out?

A big part of Destinys community is hopping to Overwatch now.

Destiny was the biggest letdown. It looked and sounded fucking amazing, it could have been the first REAL console MMORPG and potentially a GOOD MMORPG. they just HAD to make it last-gen cross platform and hold everything back. What the fuck were they thinking?

I don't even know which is which any more.

dude, look up the original concept art.
it's fucking disgusting.

My brother still plays this shit for hours every day, I don't know how he isn't bored to shit of it by now. Also doesn't it take place like a thousand years in the future or something and Earth is fucked to shit? Why do the wolves still look like normal wolves?

evolution requires a LOT more time then just a thousand years

I'm a big faggot for Destiny but I don't have much faith in this. The last expansion was great but since then they've made everyone work on Destiny 2 (which they've already had to completely start over) and left a small team to keep supporting the first game, which they've done a terrible job of.

Destiny lore is retarded, it's all very edgy

How is medieval/scifi mix disgusting? That looks fucking badass.

I was wondering how long it would take them to become completely creatively bankrupt and add zombies.

That was the last DLC.

what I meant is that it's disgusting what happened to the final game

The Hive have always been a cross between insects and zombies, something retarded like that

I meant more of "how come they haven't been wiped out and replaced by some kind of alien robot wolves"

Wow, this might bring a whole 5 people back to this shit game.

Also, daily reminder that half of the content promised in the last expansion still isn't in-game.

eh the taken were just mindbroken magic puppets, muppets if you will. If i remember the original story was the hive were straight up zombie fallen and in the concept art some thralls have 4 arms and the fallen were meant to be the travellers first failed attempt at guardians, but that got retconed for that stupid dragon worm shit.

The more I see this shit the more I can't believe anyone would actually buy it.

Why didn't they just make Destiny into a regular shooter if it had that little enemy variety? I don't think people would have been than let down by it if it were the case.

Also why is this shit even on 360/PS3 still, or why did they even scrap that much content for the game?

Why are you so incredibly thick or take yourself so seriously that you can't recognize a joke when you see it?

By whom?

The streamer faggots that rely on their sealion audiences watching them play it to pay rent or their wives will cuck them.

Do people even care about The Division still? Why would they care for Destiny then?

unfortunately concept art and the final product rarely are the same.

Its not about the game at all. I forget the term joe marketing uses but its something like "misappropriated social attatchment", basically brand loyalty indoctrination but to a streamer. They believe the random stranger online is a friend and just play the videos to feel like they have friends.
So they all sit, watch, yell get hype when their 'influencer' delivers his paid for marketing payload triggers and like good sealions they hork and clap their flippers for senpai to notice them.

Its people like this that are a nice reminder things could always be worse for you.

das it mane.

Destiny along with Bioshock infinity are the perfect examples of marketing.
Though I doubt either made what they were worth back, seeing as Bioshocks devs studio closed a year later.

Still get the feeling there is some marketing class in some college where they are using Destiny as a textbook example of what to do.

Fuck they are still selling redbull cans tied in with Destiny here.
Redbull is known for not tying in shit so God only knows what they offered Redbull.
Then again redbull was sued for a shitload so maybe they were hurting for cash.

Either way something I will never forget, I'll be trying in vain to explain to my grandkids when marketing became more important then quality and they will be rolling there eyes discussing the newest pre-release Doritos flavor.

Dissapointed

That's a good point.
I live in a college town and Redbull will give you a car to drive to class with.

For obvious reasons.
So why not Destiny, maybe they preferred Destiny associate with redbull then Redbull associate with Destiny?
Maybe they thought it was shit too.

It sounds like you barely played it. The endgame PvE is the best part and that's stuff like raids and Nightfall strikes. The "campaign" is just something you did to get to level 20.

The Division's lifespan went something like this:

Ironic shilling is still shilling. Sage & report.

sorry bud but at this rate you'll never get that hotpockets position you're gunning for. keep aiming for the stars though!

Tell bungie that the only way they're getting me to even consider buying your game is to release it on PC already.

The answer to your post isn't to outline the metaphysics of speech acts and the difference between content and intent, specifically broken down into locution, illocution and perlocution. It isn't to discuss how this metaphysics has informed modern law, advertising or argument.

The answer to your post requires a different world, one in which the abilities of each man are determined very quickly in the first few years of general education, a place where you and yours would never be taught to read or write at all, and all you would know is the smell of manure and how to properly measure up and dig holes for trees and pipes and posts, how to stack the fruit you pick in the afternoon and clean the shears off for storage, and where I and mine would never come into contact with you at all, never be in a situation where we have to explain something to somehow who is not capable of comprehending it.

everything sounds like "other thing in a different setting" now because everything is made by the same kind of media zombie sludgemen.

Also I want to know how those wolves are breathing while he has to wear a helmet

There's nothing wrong with Earth's atmosphere in Destiny, Guardians always wear helmets because Destiny is edgelord

It was idiotic for games to be on PS3 and Xbox 360 in general if they were moving on to the next generation of consoles. It would have justified the purchase of the newer consoles, but at this point there shouldn't be many Destiny players in general so this move is meaningless.

I get leaving behind the PS3/360, but don't fucking do it halfway through a fucking game.

Destiny 2 is in the making and almost fucking done anyways, why not try to squeeze as many shekels out of the first game as possible?

Nah, they had to start development over because they're retards

But still, what's the point of "advancing the technology" on the current product, if the sequel is already confirmed and being made?

Destiny's engine is terrible and being on last gen holds it back in a lot of places. It took them a really long to give us more vault space because, according to them, they had to use as little memory as possible so that it would work on both console generations.

My point exactly, they should have thought of this before and they fucked up among a great many things.

Because more shekels and less work make Activision a happy company

Apparently the level designers need to let the map editor chug all night long if they simply place one new box or crate on the map.

SPACE SHIPS ARE ONLY SEEN IN LOADING SCREENS

HAS THERE EVER BEEN A BIGGER WASTE OF DISC SPACE

What's the price these days? You know, for shilling out shit?

Star Fox Zero

SPACE SHIPS ARE CONTROLLABLE
CONTROLS SO BAD YOU WISH THEY WERENT

$40-50, and that's for everything released so far in one package.

Because less and less people are buying it on older consoles

*tips fedora* m'lady

I'm pretty sure the 360/PS3 userbases are minuscule in comparison anyway. I don't really have any numbers, but let's face it, the game originally came out one year into the current gen systems' lifecycles, and since then I'm sure a lot of people have upgraded. I'd imagine that maybe at most 20% of the original sales were on last gen, and that proportion has only gone down since as people either quit playing or upgrade to a new console.

Frankly, I feel sorry for anyone who's still trying to play this on last gen systems. It makes total sense to drop support now; hell, I'm surprised they didn't drop it last year. The 360's almost eleven years old now, and the PS3 is approaching a decade. It's been obvious to anyone with even passing familiarity that having to develop for all four platforms has held the game back (I mean, among other things, but it can't have helped anyway).

I still want this game to be good, but I honestly don't know what's going on over there. Their development pace is glacial, they still haven't bothered to release things that people have been asking for since launch (custom games, anyone?), and there's just a lack of shit to do. They hyped up an update in April and all it ended up being was a single strike, bumping up a couple old activities to current levels, cosmetic crap, and a questline you could finish in an hour. Great job, guys, 10/10.

There's a surprising number of people who play on last gen and they'll be justifiably pissed, but Destiny runs on such a poorly made engine that it might be just plain impossible to make another expansion for it if it has to work on last gen, too.

is this guy a retard or is this low quality bait, i cant tell the difference anymore.

every god dame time

hahahah. That's HL1 level technology. Fuck that was painful compiling a map all night only to check it the next morning and discover you had a leak somewhere and had to start all over again.

Source?

Is destiny worth wasting any time on? A friend gave me a vanilla copy for the ps3 and I haven't been able to bring myself to care enough to actually update it and play.

Not if you only have the Vanilla game. If you have The Taken King then give it a try and don't make up your mind until you've done a raid. The shitty "campaign" is just for initially leveling up.

I'll hold off then. I don't really feel like spending anything on it.

Yeah well Halo 1 was going to be an RTS where you prepared human forces for invasion against the covenant planet by planet until you defended earth.

That would explain why they brought up how things are going to change how bringing characters from legacy consoles to current gen works. Probably a permanent thing.