Party creation games

What are some good games where I can create or heavily personalize my own party? There's a lot of games where you can create your own main character but I want to also create or define my companions, including their personalities if possible.

Pic is the only example I can come with, and you only personalize one of your pawns.

Etrian Odyssey sounds like it would be perfect for you. Also Grimrock. Grimrock 2 is better than the first one.

Wasteland 2

Dunno if Wasteland 1 has that as well

Both are Dungeon Crawlers right? From what Etrian odyssey should I starts, Untold?

Yes, both are dungeon crawlers. If you start with Untold, don't play the shitty story mode. If you don't start EO from the beginning, 3, 4 or Untold 1 are good starting points. Untold 1 classic mode on expert more or less overshadows EO1 since it was very buggy and unbalanced, and missed features like strafing. It has some casual things like floor jumping though.

Just stay the fuck away from the story modes. It's a series that basically sold itself as "this isn't just yet another generic JRPG", and with the Untolds they wanted to attract specifically the generic JRPG audience.

fucking wasteland 2. Took me 10 fucking hours getting a party I was happy with

Wizardry series. Elminage series. Class of Heroes series. Valhalla Knights series. Icewind Dale 1+2. Hell, most dungeon crawlers allow you to create your own party.

WHY
I WOULD LOVE THESE GAMES IF NOT FOR THIS

So I'm guessing is going Dungeon Crawler or nothing, huh?
Not that I have anything against them, but…

Are you just talking about customizing character skills and stats, or appearance as well? Dragon Quest 9 has both.

any tactics game ever?

try final fantasy tactics.

No no, avoid the Untolds. You can just start with the first one, it's not an old game in any way by today standards.

Start with 4, then do 3.
5 is looking pretty great and has much greater character customization. Not looking forward to the fact of DLC, but I'm cautiously optimistic otherwise.

Final Fantasy Tactics
Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale games where you create all 6 members
Etrian Odyssey
Legend of Grimrock series

not really, you could play BG 1&2 and IWD 1&2.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir.

It's structured and designed more like a D&D campaign you'd buy at a tabletop store, and it includes the ability to completely create 3 additional party members the exact same way you make your own character.

fuck, RA2? you know, that game were you form your own mercenary group and fuck shit up a shit third world country?
or that hidden and dangerous games.

oh and mech commander

Or six if you take a certain perk, which fucking destroys any balance the game previously had.

I hate these kinds of game, the companions are either fucking idiots that you have to babysit or they do everything for you and make the game casual as fuck like on Japanese Skyrim

Wizardry was never meant to be a console game

It's also worth noting that BUSIN Wizardry Alternative, a.k.a. Forsaken Land, was produced by Cozy Okada.

Valhalla Knights series

I can't recommend the games but the only high point they have is their God tier customization, with everything you want about your party you can control down to the T. weapons, armor, classes, races. Everything else in the game is shit so I would recommend looking at a video of the gameplay before emulating it and playing it.

Avernum and geneforce.