System Shock thread

System Shock 2 is free on GOG right now if you dont want to access torrent or share sites.
dsogaming.com/news/gog-summer-sale-2016-go-system-shock-2-offered-free/

We havent had one of these for a while.

Favorite game?
Favorite build?
Favorite map?
Faborite enemy?

Other urls found in this thread:

gog.com/summer_xp
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7116.0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AUfzHp-qIYWDhNSkN0TEZiaDg/view?pref=2&pli=1
archive.is/elG5I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

system shock 2 is terribly overrated and has some serious flaws, terrible balance, mediocre level design and anything that is remotely good gets thrown out for the rickenbacker and everything past that.

why would you link to some shitty article about the free game instead of the just the free game?

gog.com/summer_xp

Make a Thief thread then you goddamn shitter.

You have to install Galaxy to claim it, but thankfully you can uninstall it right after you claim it, and it's still registered to your account.

Thanks OP.

Hilariously fun when played coop, and it's still better than most modern vidya.

The Co-op works well? I tried it before years ago and it crashed

fuck that shit

already discussed the far better thief games to death.

better than modern games? Depends.

Like said

Just claim the game and then uninstall it, autist.

Sure does, I've played through it coop a few times in the last couple years, and we always have to fuck around with it to get it to stop crashing in the training intro, but eventually it works and we have a crash-free full playthrough.

Thief 1 is boring as fuck, Thief 2 is good, Thief 3 is great, and Thief 4 is boring as fuck again :^)

thief 1 is better than thief 2, thief 3 is the worst game until thief 4 came around. You just have awful taste.

you damn cock sucking faggots!

It's like you want to be bullied.

No, i'm just not a paranoid wreck like you, cunt. :^)

Thief 1 is the only game in the series I couldn't bring myself to complete. I made it to the mage towers and just uninstalled because I assumed the level design was going to get better, but it just got more and more tedious.

pls no bully

I might delete the thread now

Go ahead faggot, install that shit, but you are not fooling me!

the only bad level in the first game is the thieves guild

Oh come on, user.

Its a lack of self-awariness, user.
They think that the mentality against download clients only applies to steam and doenst go both ways.
Now its going to be fun seeing their reaction towards people shitting over the Galaxy client, just like with Steam or any other client.

nigger you like thief 3, you really have no dog in the fight

But I actually liked Constantine's Manor which is fucking enormous, especially with that goofy de_rats area.

Still, I'll take small, finely crafted levels densely packed with stuff vs huge, mazelike levels full of nothing every day of the week.

Considering the amount of people shattering their shitters about download clients would someone like to fill me in on why Galaxy is so bad that you refuse to install it?

It's not. People refuse out of principle.

GoG offered a service that people liked. DRM free games, often with older hard to get games. This galaxy thing means its no different than steam. So why not just use steam?

You don't know what you're talking about. Galaxy doesn't mean you can't run games without it. It's just a matchmaking/achievements/game time service.

Then use a VM or boot Wangblows from a USB drive, install, claim, delete.

Fuck me sideways, you guys are autistic with your paranoia!

So a client with all the conveniences of steam without the downsides.
Yet this is a bad thing?

I'm beginning to think this is pure autism.

Coming from a person who is extremely anti-steam, anyone complaining about Galaxy is a fucking moron.

When it stops being optional, then we can talk.

Is the first game as good as the second one?

Some people argue that it's better. I'm still playing it so I can't give an opinion. I didn't really think SS2 was all that, but it was definitely up there.

It's a different kind of game.

It's not as outwardly spooky as 2 was, but as a first-person RPG it was very good. The level design is pretty heady in this day and age (and even was so for 1994) but it's a very good game worth playing.

Hell, there's even an "enhanced edition" out that takes care of the DOSbox and other QoL stuff to make playing it easier to manage on modern systems.

I think everyone who wants to play SS1 should probably just wait for the remake at this point.

how about no :^)

So you need to install Galaxy to download the .ZIP of System Shock?
A virtual machine would do, I guess.

Why are Thief fans such faggots? You guys do the same shit in the Deus Ex threads.

Once it starts you'd be cucked anyways. :^)

Currently I downloaded Galaxy,downloaded a DRM-free copy of SS2, and then kept the executable and deleted Galaxy.
They can't put DRM on my SS2, they could only do it for future copies. I can't be cucked unless I download a future DRM copy from them.

First one was good for its time, it has not aged well. Level design is horrible

What's your problem with gog?

It's a fucking amazing game for the first 75% of the game, and then goes to shit. Doesn't mean that the first three quarters aren't awesome.

Oh fug. I completely lost interest in learning Unity after they unmasked themselves as progressives. I'd rather give my soul to tencent.

I don't know of any evidence that galaxy has a negative effect on anyone's computer. It's lacking in purpose definitely, but it's not going to melt your pc.

The only reason I ever used it at all is because I have 180 gog games installed on this computer so I use galaxy to update them automatically. That's it. Once you have over a thousand games on a computer it gets to be a hassle remembering which ones you have set up right.

here, have some keys

Well then they won't mind open-sourcing the client, isn't it?

wouldn't open sourcing it risk having people exploting it for free shit or something?

Are you lazy or retarded?

Mage Towers is the casual filter for Thief 1. If you can't make it through that level you'll hate the rest of the game.

Also, Haunted Cathedral is the worst level. Fuck navigating that city made of nothing but dark identical wood panels

Never played it but I heard alot of good things about it.What should I expect getting into it ?.Also is the first game any good ?.

A good, tense, challenging game. Decent enough plot too. Also, a lot of pic related.

Someone gifted me the Steam version ages ago.

I know there was some kind of unofficial patch released at one point, does the Steam version already use it, or should I put it on?

I like challenging,I`ve been feeling like most games `ive been playing nowadays have been too easy its good to know that this game is gonna give me a good beating.

Is Galaxy any good?

Please respond.

Balance can always be tweaked, you know what?
systemshock.org/index.php?topic=7116.0
drive.google.com/file/d/0B5AUfzHp-qIYWDhNSkN0TEZiaDg/view?pref=2&pli=1

How much does Epic pay you?

It's a lite version of steam without any problems. Seems to function effortlessly.

if everything in the world was one thing or the other, you'd still be a huge faggot

GoG galaxy is one step towards getting cucked, specially because it already offers features other than downloading that could be very well built into the game (and even then what is a simple launcher)

True. I don't think the other stuff was that bad however. It's basically the standard RPG problem where the level design is so linear that you can't have builds that are suited to different approaches so you're left with only good and bad builds.

Setting aside the engine itself, the Unity devs are headed (not coincidentally) to full EA mode.

Don't know if that was what that user was referring to or not, though.

I don't know, I've run through the game with just about every build under the sun at this point.
I'm not disagreeing that some builds are better than others, but the game is easy enough that as long as you don't obstinately refuse to upgrade SOME source of damage you should be fine.
And the only real way to make all builds evenly balanced is to make them all effectively the same.

archive.is/elG5I

ok

EA-mode, as in classic EA where they treat paying customers like shit, or neo-EA where they use the LGBT-shit as a shield against criticism?

Well, so the hole just get deeper.

Not only it was a redflag for bad devs and/or people clueless about optimization, scam, subpar visuals, indie shite, now its full blown SJWs.
And i hate when UDF comes at any criticism, with muh free and bad devs, but forget the stigma that comes with it is thanks to all this shit that keeps happening associated with it, forgetting that its mostly the usual red flags and not the engine itself is why people look at it with disdain.

But neo-EA treat its costumers like shit while using LGBT as a fireshield to deflect criticism from said costumers, user, nothing changed and just got worse.

P-please respond.

Both. For the former they just released a new subscription model that shits on indie devs and locks even something as using a custom splash screen behind a +$100 a month paywall, and for the latter I'm pretty sure some faggot has a folder of twitter screengrabs used for derailing threads that he can post.

Got a key for System Shock 2 right here
First reply to get dubs gets the key

Already have the game so I dont want it but im stealing these dubs :^)

That isn't the point at all you dumb fucks.

By forcing people to download and install the client just to use this fucking game they can now show investors and prospective publishers how many people are "using" their DRM system and will be able to acquire more game deals that REQUIRE the fucking client.

You fucking dumb shit millennials.

HE DIDN'T FLY SO GOOD
WHO WANTS TO TRY NEXT?

It's alright, I want it, but having to download a client for it is just from the desire to bloat my system.
I prefer just pirating it.

Also, I refuse because I already got fooled twice, once with steam and then with origin. No longer.

It's bloat. It has no purpose of being in your machine. You could make a simple python script to "manage your games" and it'd weigh less and not be tied to a company.
Since when is it normal to have to download a thing to download another thing?
It's useless.

For example, check out steam: A wrapper for the game so you can "zone out" that pauses the game. Nothing I can't do with the escape menu and alt+tab. A built in web browser that's shit. All that "community" crap. It's like they want to monopolize all your interaction with friends that's about games so they can datamine you better.

It's bloat, it's a program made for trying to do everything, and it does it bad.

Maybe I drank too much of the "unix philosophy" kool-aid, but I do see everything wrong with bloat.

Why bother if I can just pirate it? It's something you can get for free already.

Check em

Now

Not a reply :^)))

I just ppsted a giveaway nigger, why would I want your stinkin key?
I just wanted to get dubs

Nah man, you're just a stupid dipshit for trusting EA in the first place.

The game isn't showing up free. What am I missing here?

Solved it. Just go to Store > Featured.

I'll check it out. Thanks.

Calm the fuck down, you guys.

Yeah, it was before I found this place, too.
The one who burns himself with milk sees the cow and cries, goes the saying.

What are the recommended SS2 mods?

How is all that almost none existent QA in "industry leader " developed software?