Dragon's Dogma thread

I'm still surprised that Capcom actually ported it.
Anybody still playing?

I still need to finish the Expansion area, I only finished the main game

MA
Mercedes
Brown lolis or Cuteboys

I haven't even beaten the main game yet. On consoles, I did, but I stopped playing for a while. Thinking about making waifu assassin or going for big guy.

Go Assassin, less issues with Metal Golems

I ended up stopping around level 150. Someday I'll get around to hitting 200.

What's better for Assassin; Daggers or Sword & Shield?

All 4 so you can swap out as needed.

Do I really have to grind to find it enjoyable?

I tried doing that but I got bored farming those rooms. That's the only way you can efficiently do it. I've killed so many dragons but I only got to 156.

WOLVES, ARISEN
THE TAIL IS SEVERED
CASTLE WALLS OR THE RUINS OF SUCH?
WALKING BONES THAT MOVE ON THEIR OWN
THERE'S NO WAY WE COULD'VE LOST TO THAT
IGNORE THE COMELY FACE, THOSE TALONS BITE DEEP
THE HEART, ARISEN! STRIKE THE HEART!
IT SEEMS ALL ROADS LEAD TO GRAN SOREN
'TIS WEAK TO FIRE
BANDITS, ARISEN
I'LL MIRROR YOUR SPELL!

I played it a bit, I'm waiting for it to go cheap. I played it briefly on PS3 but the framerate and letterboxing just made me ill. I liked what I saw though, it seemed like a good ARPG.

Any beginner advice that should be noted before starting for real?

I was going to play as this big Viking looking motherfucker, until I realized how much I hate the running animation.

Mage is worthless outside of Pawns. Sorcerer is garbage at the start but becomes the most powerful.

Have a mage in your party,buffs are nice
Assassin is a nice class,you can use almost every weapon except the magics,and the armor doesnt look to bad if you play a female one

bump

Overhyped piece of generic shit.

Yeah nah, it's a bad game.

what happened to the mods? did the manage to change everything? like random enemy positions? or did they just made nude mods and call it a day?

I don't see the problem.

Why didnt they include the track Into Free in the PC Version? Shit is pretty rad.

Copyright shit.
There is a mod that adds it back in, though I dunno where to get it since it was taken off the nexus.

So is Mercedes brown, tan or just French?

If you're min-maxed and using periapts, you can wade in and start tearing shit up as soon as you reach post-game without issue.

If you aren't min-maxed, or aren't using periapts (or both), you're going to need to grind out a T2 weapon before you can do real damage.

I thought french people were white?

Nice joke, user.

Well, its funny Dragon's Dogma was clearly planned on reproducing Skyrim's success, and even has points where characters act as though they're responding to dialogue inputs and that you had options to respond.

Pablo at the inn and after Julien's duel are the most blatent examples of dropped dialogue prompts.

Dragon's Dogma in general had a whole mountain of planned features that never got in. The place where the goblin chief runs off to is a gated-off dead end. The Everfall is full of doors that can never be opened. Between this, Dark Souls 2, and Metal Gear Solid V, I really wish there was some sort of precedent where developers would go back and finish the game according to the original vision, I don't care if I'd have to buy it again.

the expansion area is 10x more fun than the main game

Fuck Dark Souls 2, I want all the missing shit Demon's Souls had.

You mean like Dungeon Lords and it's 20 million rereleases?

Explain this bullshit.
She looks nothing like in the art.
How did she spawn so much faggotry?

She's not even that good of a character.
Also, I had no idea I could have a beloved, and I guess if I don't expand on any beloved affection it defaults to Mercedes. The Grigori fight was very confusing.

such as…

qt voice

Posting she goat
best taste

Land of the giants, nigga.

Was just about to post this.

Here's some extra stuff, mostly cut enemies. It's interesting to see how some, like the snake guys, were repurposed for Dark Souls.

It'd be neat if we got a DD2 and they managed to repurpose the moon/tower stuff planned for the first. I've played DD so much at this point that every time I try to start a new game I just can't will myself to continue past the first cyclops.

I just started playing this game its pretty fun, Do you only start with the 3 classes and unlock sub classes later on like in the first DA? Or am I missing someting, I only see Mage, Strider and Fighter.

Yeah you can switch to the other classes once you reach Gran Soren.

For the sake of your soul don't gain levels as mage. Worst combined stat gains in the game.

this guy is seriously saying Skryim is better than Dark Souls.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just finished game for first time on PC (originally played it to hell on PS3). I was an archer.

What should I go for as NG+? I feel in the mood of some melee classes.

Go full Warrior