The woman who inspired the design of one of the more popular comic book characters died 2 days ago

Why aren't you showing love for one of the best iterations of the grim reaper in comics, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/neilhimself/status/949697318114201605
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I didn't really like her. Rubbed me the wrong way, not sure way. Maybe her constant smug smiling.

I think you've confused Nico the rock star, who died in the '80s, with Nico the lowland gorilla

twitter.com/neilhimself/status/949697318114201605

Nah, you chucklefuck

She was actually quite a qt.

Me neither. Her constant joyfulness got annoying after a while. Even when her siblings are either in pain, she still has a smirk on her face. To think of it, only Destiny and Destruction were not annoying at all. Possibly because of how little of them we have seen

Life is a cruel joke.

You can always compromise and go with corp goth or casual goth.
If you are pale and have sunken eyes, you might be able to pull off the look with minimal effort.

Sounds cool, but the example looks gay.

That looks emo. Honestly, though is it me or do even the white emo kids look asian in a way?

Because she was a commie.

So dress like a homosexual Edgar Allan Poe?

You could go health goth.
All that monochrome sportswear looks less uncomfortable than the traditional lace-and eyeliner look.

So more elaborate gopnik.

I never knew Death was modeled on anyone.

Don't worry, all the goth girls are dead, they died in 2008 as well as the good punk girls. If you're lucky you might find some surviving non-sjw goth chicks at a Vampire:The Masqeurade LARP in a mostly conservative state. Utah maybe.

gothniks?

Sandman is objectively shit

It is heavily overrated, but not shit. Stories range from shit to very good, covers are atrocious, and art in the first half of the book is bad, but there is enough good to offset the bad. Second half of the books is generally better than the first one It also bothers me how Gaiman seems so butcher Slavic and Baltic folk tales. It is obvious from them that he does not know shit about the culture and barely bothered to do any research.

Luckily, stories are rather loosely connected, so you don't lose much by skipping the bad ones. Personally, I recommend skipping A game of you, Distant Mirrors, and everything in Doll's House besides "Men of Good Fortune."

Emo fashion is basically a bastardized mixture of goth and punk aesthetic.

Get fucked

yawn

Good chunk of it is. Inconsistent character appearance from panel to panel, lousy anatomy, backgrounds processed to obfuscate the fact that they are just photographs, poor perspective, inking so bad that it had to be redone for collected editions, lazy backgrounds… Sandman has it all. It also has good art, and Overture looks absolutely great.

I should have been more specific when it comes to covers. Most of them are good, but about a quarter are just random collages.

I see the varied art styles a benefit, in the bigger picture. A book like Sandman allows new artists to cut their teeth, which is something it inherited from it's predecessor, Joe Orlando's Horror comics (like House of Mystery). I feel part of the reason we have such poor art in comics is because we don't have a series that allows this.

That said, I find Sandman pretentious and I can't help feeling that Dream is Gaiman's self insert.

Isn't Death a generic goth girl design?

It is now, because so many goth girls copied her look, which was taken from Cinamon.

>From something by (((Gayman)))
The French refer to this as "le edge".

Isn't this a school day?

How do you pronounce it, “Guy man”?

user, remember these words of wisdom, they'll serve you well - Everything generic must have first come from an archetype. An archetype should never be blamed for those that copy it.

Guymin

he was right, it is pronounced gay-man.
but faggot is more polite

IT was more a comment that HURR SOUNDS LIKE GAY MAN is puerile humour one would expect from grade school.

Well, you don't have to laugh like a hyena at it, or say HURR DURR. Faggot.

Was Cinnamon even used as the model in recent memory? I thought they only based the original sketches and she went off to do her own thing after that.

Hard to keep track of comic news, honestly. Your choices are here, halfchan, a bunch of very small forums, reddit or news sites that churn out speculation on a regular basis as well as get pay offs.

Got some time off soon, so I'll finally look into making that review site I want to make.

I hate the "Death as a pretty edgy goth girl" meme

give me the classic reaper anyday

I wasn't laughing, because it wasn't funny. It was CAWADOODY online mike tier humour, and deserves to be laughed at, not with.

Dressing like a homo is kind of implicit in any kind of goth wardrobe.

It's not a meme, it's one character. And she isn't edgy.

You're implying that anyone who'd call the guy Gayman would laugh at it, uproariously.
I'm just saying you can call him gayman without being a retard, so long as you've invested exactly as little energy and expectation into that "joke" as such a petty insult deserves.

Nah. It's still retarded. Like how Placebo singing everything like they're reading out a shopping list doesn't provide them with enough ironic distance from their own work to protect them from sucking.

I have no idea what you are talking about, but it sounds like the kind of energy I was talking about not investing.

You take that back. Pure Morning is an amazing song.

I'll give you that. But they covered Kate Bush's "Running Up That Hill" in exactly the same snarky, detached voice. Can that guy actually sing or does he just too ironic to use his diaphragm?

You're probably right. Pure Morning's the only song of theirs I remember.

Anyone got a good rip of it?

Lip gloss. That's all you need to know.

Doesn't that directly contradict Neil's own story where he said her look was inspired by a waitress that served him one day?

The teenager-supremes. Makes me want to punch them in the face.

You're probably thinking of Emos.
In my day, if you fucked with 80's goths they'd stab you and step over you.
Emo is like Goth, but it's for pussies.

To be fair, contemporary Goths are pussified hard with the PCancer and rampant consumerism within the group.

Sigh, yeah, blame Marilyn Manson, Twilight and Evanescence for the brand dilution.

Could be both, unless you can find an interview of him talking about it.

Now dat there is some fightin words user.

Well all good styles come to end eventually reddit, you either start out small and fade in obscurity or get real big and get marketed in Hot Topic.

You know, I Googled "Reddit+sigh", and that's not even a thing. You're just a faggot making shit up, or an autistic faggot making shit up and believing it.

Yeah, at least Emos are skinny

Funny, I just did the same thing. Looks like a thing to me.
And here's another hint why you're wrong:

No, you're a stupid cunt. Fuck off and die.

Fuck off and die, and shove your 4chan reaction images up your GOON ASS.

Here, I'll help you out.