Skyrim rumoredly gets a remaster

Oh hey everyone, this is Nodd Coward. Are y'all hyped for Skyrim 2: The Skyrimming? I for one sure look forward to download Skyrim Mods(tm) from Bethnet(tm) on my Xbox One(tm).

I do hope they also bring out a season pass for the remastered edition - I mean, Skyrim's downloadable content ("DLC") was so good I'd gladly pay for it again.

nichegamer.com/2016/06/07/rumor-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-remastered-to-be-revealed-at-e3-2016/

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2016/02/18/after-fallout-4-bethesda-is-working-on-3-new-games/
youtu.be/GsaaChZU1jM?t=2m42s
archive.is/t0j7x
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This just means it's going to be some PS4/Xbone 1080p 60fps re-release with all the DLC and console (paid)mod support.

Yep.

It'll be the same lifeless bullshit still, just very slightly prettier.

What the hell? Is ToddCo literally too chickenshit to try an actual new TES game after the failure of TESO?

doubtful.

It's not TES anymore, user. It's Skyrim 2

kek. I'd sell too.

why

You mean a playable console version?

The same shit from the same asshole, with a bit of undigested sauerkraut. The only question is - will it sell?

The week before and during the release of Fallout 4 was some of the funnest shit.

I'm surprised, I expected morrowind.

It's probably better this way

But did you nuke the commonwealth?

Don't give them ideas for fucks sake. Can you even imagine what a Morrowind remade for today's AAA audience would look like?

Eh.

I get why they want to do it. Granted it seems like a cash grab but if they actually put some effort into fixing the problems present I can live with it. And if they sold it for 30 bucks instead of full price. They said they ported skyrim to xbone specifically to test out how to get fallout 4 to work so I figure they just want to put that work into something.

On the other hand, I just can't get myself to the level of hating Bethesda like a lot of people seem to. The closest I got was with fallout 4, I thought skyrim was alright. At the very least they tried to fix some of the problems present in oblivion, they added more to it but it wasn't that bad.

It's only been four and a half years and they pull this stunt.

Because consoles can't mod like PC can. They are the only one's that benefit from this.

Its already being made, its called "Skywind"

No

NEVER EVER

It never will come out, if it does it will run like utter shit.

You have high hopes

Holla Forums successfully predicted that FO4 was going to be shit while brain-dead normalfags were praising this game as GOTY from June to November 2015.

How right we were.

Modern Bethesda hates Morrowind.

Don't have to tell me twice.

I'm so glad I left that project, seriously they're a bunch of fucking con artists. I feel really bad for people who gave money to squally's patreon, they're probably feeling like bernie supporters right about now.

That's about as psychic as pointing at clouds and saying "there's gonna be rain"

I never heard of the reason though. Because it's an actually good game with an interesting world and not-absolutely terrible skill system?

not a single bethesda game has been good ever how hard would it be to predict their next game will be bad?

The Bernouts still believe that giving more money would change anything. I'm guessing that's not the case with this failure.

FO4 > Skyrim > Oblivion
FO4 might not be a good game, but there's a steady improvement.

Modern Holla Forums hates Morrowind too.

When people give you a foot, Todd, you take a mile.

At least Oblivion was actually enjoyable to play at certain points.

Liars deserve to hang. Morrowind isn't the holy grail of vidya, but it's a good game.

Most likely because the writing is good compared to all the other shit they have. Bethesda doesn't like to think.

I'd rather see a Battlespire remake, just for the fuck of it.

why

As if that's a feat of any difficulty. Just point to any modern game release past 2007(?) and say "it's gonna be shit" and you'd be right at least 90% of the time.

Change in development team is part of it, the other part is Morrowind doesn't print money for Zenimax.

Remember, Bethesda really doesn't have any freedom anymore. They're under the publisher thumb and they're forced to churn out turd after turd. I feel bad for todd to some degree, its tough to slowly have your dreams crushed to the point where your soul leaves your body and you just stop giving a shit. Its not like he can just leave and start his own studio, his games are too expensive to produce and he's under about 30 miles of legal contracts.

Todd is capable of making good work, Morrowind was great. It just really started going downhill after Kirkbride got laid off and Zenimax passed down asinine deadline after deadline.

I thought skyrim was decent, if flawed. Fallout 4 is just bad.

The biggest step up for fallout 4 was the companions, I genuinely enjoyed most of them aside from piper. The fact that your party members all interact with each other is really cool. The rest was a huge step down.

What a glorious time to be alive.

Morrowind does look like shit

:^)

Kill yourself

Kill yourself

Nah. Skyrim was lackluster and had no real depth, but at least the world was mildly fun to explore when you weren't trudging through the 512th draugr tomb. Oblivion was just bland forests and grass with (IIRC) computer-generated dungeons.

Aren't reworks usually worse than the original? For example half life 1 on source (not black mesa, the one by valve) was shit.

I mean I wouldn't mind a better skyrim, because skyrim sucks, but I think it would turn out worse than the original.

Literally every dungeon in Oblivion was made by 1 dude.

I mean it, a single guy made all 200 dungeons in Oblivion.

They're probably trying to resell the game to console plebs because they have mod support now.

what's point? mods exist

the only legitimately good remake I can think of offhand that isn't some lazy uprez shit is the SNES version of the first 3 Dragon Warriors.

fallout 4 has mod support on consoles.

its honestly not bad, the 2gig limit is completely retarded but people are doing some cool stuff with it

See? I was right.

pic 1

Less bugs, less boring world design, more things to do outside the linear mission, like building settlements and crafting, etc. Even if it wasn't a good game, it's an improvement.

beth didn't make MOOM

the serious sam HD releases were alright.

It showed.

Not made by bethesda, kind of wish it was though. I really don't want to think of how far id has fallen.

The quests were great. In Skyrimjob every fucking quest is the exact same.

Not really, it was full of random mountains and ruins which and nothing worthwhile.

No, they were actually designed. Also, there's honestly USEFUL shit in the ayleid ruins, like pics related. None of the ruins in Skyrim have anything worth shit.

Opinion discarded

What 2GB limit? Does that mean big mods have to be released in part or what?

I guess there are some okay remakes, but something tells me that it's going to be a remake with slightly better graphics but overall less content.

Also how is their mod support in their other games? I mean it wasn't that good in skyrim to begin with…

Morrowind still the best

no, as in if you're playing on consoles you can only have a maximum of 2 gigs of mods.

Also, is there a reason why we're citing rumors from Neofag as if they're facts now.

You have to go back.

It's 2GB total. You also can't use script extenders. So it's pretty useless.

word

i heard it on the grapevine that some guys are working on a script extended for xbone fallout 4.

if they actually manage to make it work that'll be something to see.

There is a 2gb limit on mods? Are we talking about skyrim? Because the jewelry mod I use is 1.5gb alone.

Feels homey

Like SWG

In the console version of Fallout 4 you can only have up to 2GB of mods. Most likely a Skyrim re-release would have the same limit.

This thread is the biggest circlejerk on Holla Forums. Nothing but smug self-congratulatory posts here.

It's one thing to not like the game, but making post after post virtue signalling your conformity to Holla Forums is pathetic.

That's fucking retarded.

It's better than good. It's one of the best games ever made, one of it's kind, extremely hard to replicate. Any other opinion is objectively false.

Well said user

And what are you doing?

Not a lot you can do about it.

the xbox one simply doesn't have the specs to run the higher end mods and Bethesda doesn't want to get sued because little billy tried to install regrowth and set his xbone on fire.

You're just a faggot a faggot with good taste

not an argument.

Here's your reply

Did you fail English?

Battlespire is pretty gay fam. Redguard is better.

(You)

The 5 room templates connected by the 5 hallway templates for every dungeon type

And the dungeons were all put together by 1 asshole

That's my point.

I know this is bait, but it gives me reason to keep posting these webms so I'll respond.

Stop bullying Todd

This is shaming

Wait a second, this is a ruse

wewlad

I'd buy it

Skyrim is really fucked up, I don't know any other game that just randomly breaks like skyrim.

For me the game is nothing but a sex game. I start a new character, cheat him to max level, start the vampire quest to find Serana. Once I am done with all her quests I marry her, have a bit of fun with her thanks to the dozens mods out there. And when I am tired of screwing her I just start a new game to do the same. Nothing else in that game is fun.

Anyway, even thought I don't install new mods or change anything about the game it still randomly fucks up. Like the stupid ass intro not working properly, or that weird guy asking me who I am but then continuing without even opening that menu that allows me to create my charater.

I really don't see a reason to get a new version of this. A new version that is probably a lot worse than this.

Redguard is a game for cucks.

C
O
N
S
O
L
E
F
A
G
S

And a stupid one at that.

Only if you buy the shitty gog version.

Can't wait for the 4k VR edition on the PS4 neo and Xbone Scorpio.

rebuy the same game again and again.

I knew it was only good for sex mods, but fuck I didn't think it went this far.

They will just put a enb and sell as a "remake".

BACK TO LE REDDIT

what are the best mods to play morowind with if I have never played it before?

Hon hon hon hon

The 'updated engine' they had for FO4 was basically just skyrim with ENB. So yeah.

There's that year again…

What are you, a double-contrarian?

The game will sell like hot cakes. TES is the pinnacle of gaming for so many people.

Pic sort of related.

I unironically enjoy pretty looking walking simulators with shallow objectives and simple dialogues like FO4 and Skyrim.

You see, this is the next evolution in gaming. IMO, some games should be less competition oriented. In it's early development, video game was a medium for translating logic and reflex engagement oriented activities into digital video format. Some people turn out to enjoy the experience of observing and discovering instead of engaging their reflexes and logic in the game their play. This is how games like Morrowind were born.

Just like the evolution of films. Back in the 20's great directors like Fritz Lang directed beautiful looking films that are focused on the exposition of the plot, but it turned out that the audience were more mesmerized by the grandeur audiovisual telling of the story. Then came Tarkovsky and his unique way of directing films with the logic of poetry where man and nature, instead of plot, are equally the star of the film even though they barely recognized each other. This technique of recreating life using the audiovisual medium stands at the highest ground of the evolutionary ladder of cinema.

People like Todd Howard are the Tarkovsky of video games. With his unique non autistic perspective, he sees video games as an experience rather than a puzzle. With trials and errors, he has tried to create an experience oriented video game rather than the traditional game oriented video games. His technique might still be in the experimental stage, but I hope someday he will find the perfect formula to articulate his visionary ideal, a combination of discovery and world manipulation.

TARKOVSKY IS BACK

And I honestly don't know why. When it got released back then I gave it a fair chance but realized pretty early that it is a shit game.

And this year I decided to install it again only to see that even with mods it's still shit.

Like I can see why people would love games like cod or bf, or even the new doom. They are casuals that don't want to learn games but still want to get kills so they play those easy games because they make them feel good.

But why fucking skyrim? Who cares if a game is easy if there is nothing to do. Like I don't know how these retards enjoy doing nothing in a virtual world.

You put a fair amount of effort into your post, but a 3/10 is the best I can do.

They want to run around killing draugr because they make them feel good.
Have you ever actually asked a normalfag why they like Skyrim? The answers are a shallow as you'd expect.

isn't this copypasta to some degree? I never really read other people's posts properly unless it is something that I find interesting, but what he posted seems very familiar, like I have read it before.

This part

I am pretty sure that I read it here before.

Copypasta, pretending to be retarded, fanboyism… the reasons don't matter to me. The post fell flat either way.

This is a good thing. It means Fallout 4 and nuDOOM didn't sell well enough, and they're not confident that a brand new game could meet expectations either.

An HD version of a successful game is a last resort for publishers. It's the ultimate in a "safe release", where they pretty much know the game will sell well.

Problem is Skyrim came out in 2011. Not nearly enough time for an HD remake to be relevant.

Bethesda knows they'll never have another game as popular as Skyrim again. So they're going to milk it as opposed to trying to emulated Skyrim's commercial success.

It's a pasta user, last time we had a shitwind thread that fantastic user did this for like a dozen posts.

I bought and played it too. I enjoyed Morrowind on my Xbox of all things and I enjoyed Oblivion. Skyrim, I finished the main quest line and the sub-main quest line with the Imperial/Nord war. Didn't take me long either. After that the only time I spent "playing" it was when the Steam workshop came out and I installed loads of mods for it.

Most of my playtime is me just checking if the mods work and then closing the game.

12 MILLION COPIES

But don't worry though. Todd said that there are 3 new IP's that Bethesda is working on right now.

venturebeat.com/2016/02/18/after-fallout-4-bethesda-is-working-on-3-new-games/

*shipped

>>>/bethesda/
>>>/todd/

u dun rike it?

It's fine, ignorance is no crime. I'm sure you like to tell yourself that it's some copy and paste job, but let me explain my reasoning for why these games are so good, and maybe then you will understand.

These games helps mold the players experiences through the inductive memory the player sensationalizes. It uses a cohesive narrative to pull the player in and deliver them an emotional spiritual journey that few games can match.

It moves past the input/logical axis most games draw their design paradigm from, and proceeds directly to a cinematographic prepositional. In this way, the player doesn't play the game at all, they have a revelation of it. The player is no longer a player, but someone who knows the game as a whole without any particular detail. So they truly experience the game.

It even covers themes that don't make sense in the competitive mechanics of a simple game. Since the narrative is only known internally.

Todd Howard is a genius.

I hope you get aids and die. That's all I can say honestly, I haven't seen such a wrong opinion in a long while.

If they were to make a remake of MGS3, we could play the game without the ladder due to technical limitations, of course :^)

Aren't there like 5 fucking versions of MGS3
One of which is on the goddamn 3DS

youtu.be/GsaaChZU1jM?t=2m42s

12 million shipped you nigger, not sold.

Morrowind is kinda shit though, replay it and the animations and gameplay are so fucking clunky that it's cringe worthy. Before you come at me with "The lore, the lore!!!!" I can read a fucking book, but I want to play a game. It doesn't have to be perfect looking but jesus christ it's so fucking dated and that constant stabbing shit with a long sword looks retarded

Could you have picked a worse way to approach that argument?

As bug-ridden as Oblivion and Skyrim were, at least I was able to finish them. Fallout 4 is a piece of shit with no redeeming value. I never want to play that garbage again.

Just stop dude.

same reason millenials go to college despite it being an awful investment.
They are told to by "trusted" sources.
Same reason awful movies are seen.
Same reason shit games are bought.

I love fallout 4 for this reason, its so shit even casuals admit its shit, its like watching a rat in a glue trap realize it is absolutely fucked and tricked.

Why not a new engine then remake Oblivion,morowind,Skyrim,and a New area?

It could be like tales of two waste land for FO;NV/fallout 3.

Charge 80 bucks as the DLC would be included as well

archive.is/t0j7x

Skyrim is complete shit, but for some reason I keep coming back to it. I remember thinking back in 2011 there really isn't a need to make a game engine look better than this.

You can "remaster" the game yourself with HD textures, custom skeletons, and ENB presets. You can remake it into a better game with mods like requiem, frostfall, hunterborn, and realistic needs.

Gamebryo forever, nigga.

Some runes also had statues in them. There where only 10-12 in the entire game though, and they where always behind secret passages.

This is bullshit for sure.

I distinctly remember there being puzzles and shit in the ruins. Caves where pretty shit though, fortresses where usually bad, but the ruins where decent and you'd occasionally get something really interesting.

Reddit detected

Mods can and do polish a turd to a high shine, but it still doesn't matter because the underlying foundation is horrible.

I wouldn't even care if Bethesda didn't bother to polish their games because "mods will fix it" anyway, but they could at least put some effort in making the mechanics good and the writing decent, and have quests that are actually varied.

But nope, all Bethesda wants to do is make shallow theme parks.

Hopefully they fix engine limitations so modders get better easier access to the engine, having to jump through hoops just to add new animations is fucking retarded.

Also I hope they move it onto Fallout 4s renderer so ENB can finally fuck off.

but you can remaster it right now with a few hours on nexus?

what is a remaster going to add? we can already download textures

The "HD" textures on PC, now available for PS4!

Barely, it's a a heavily modified iteration of Gamebryo just like Source is a heavily modified version of Quake. That said Creation is shit because of Bethesda, just as their gamebryo titles were shit because of themselves too.

It will probably just be this, also PC created mods for PS4 and more console kids losing their shit.

I wonder if they'll release an update for Skyrim that'll break things, to force people to buy the "remastered" version?
Steam doesn't have a "don't automatically update" setting. You'd have to pirate a copy of Skyrim to get the unsabotaged version.

OpenMW exists for a reason.

The HD texture pack was a conversion of 1024x1024 to 2048x2048 textures. The chutzpah of Todd if he tries selling that.

user, they already did with the last patch three years ago, v1.9, which botched NPC lip-synching.

thats hilarious

Rehaul the shitty combat system and it will be 100x better guaranteed.

Big difference between Bethesda Softworks back in the Morrowind days and the Bethesda Studios of Skyrim's fame. Perhaps features that were in Daggerfall were not able to be put into Morrowind, due to things like Bethesda Softworks being a small studio with a lot of new technology to work with whereas with Skyrim, existing, working features were removed, cut, dumbed down from Morrowind and Oblivion, which was the more experimental game between the three technically (radiant AI and all).

Furthermore, with the kind of budget that Skyrim had, many years of experience in making games and a lot more personnel involved, there's no excuse for Skyrim's lack of depth and quality except for "streamlining for a wider audience".

Don't count on it