World of Weebtasy

Honestly i was more interested than most at the initial reveal but lightning aside this is the only none P5 jrpg announcement thats interested me in fucking years.

What do you think of it niggs?

I think you're a giant boring weeb faggot stuck in the nineties.

Toriyama pls

That's just bizarre, but oddly charming.

Its just nice to see none grimdark edgy chunnibyou targeting shit for once.

They shouldn't be like the iphone but not these chibi and twink models. They should be like the CG trailers their games got.
like the JRPG genre needs more kawaii chibi bullshit
There was no gameplay how are you coming to these conclusions?

I think he's right, what are your favorite FF games then

5,6,9, crystal chronicles and x-2

call the cops they will never find me.

That looks like fucking garbage.

At least you know there's something wrong with you. But yes liking the gone full-retard, idol shit, weeb game is a clear indication you would eat this shit up

Wow, wasn't expecting that mediocre game to pop back up.

Nevertheless I'll keep my eyes on it.

Do we know if its getting a physical Vita release?

Also not real sure if I trust Square-Enix to not fuck it up somehow, considering what happened with the localization induced tumblr pronouns of FF Type-0 HD and the censorship for Star Ocean 5 that not even Japan could escape (I kind of doubt Tri-Ace was the one to make that call; I suppose it's the risk of a game intended for worldwide release while it's still being developed). Also Bravely Second.

I suppose it really depends on who handles the western release for them though, if they don't opt for an internal translation or something.

did you play 13? it only got worse.

yes. It doesn't mean that X-2 is any less the abomination that enabled waifu idol shit into final fantasy for years to come

Ill take a version of the job system over "switch paradigms and watch the game play itself" any day of the week. X-2 gets far too much shit when 13 was worse in every regard.

Why?
I have some friends that loved the first 6 Final Fantasies and none of them owns a PS4.

but vita means life goyi- i mean valued customers!

Why are they toys

To test the limits of waifufags resolve.

Sure you love quistis when shes this prot /ara/ sexy librarian in 8, but what about SMOL quistis?

Then you find out what kind of degenerate you are.

make friends who arent hipster fags
9 was best anyways

The voice acting is like being punched in the ears.

All of them owned SNESes.
Only some owned playstations.

thats really sad…
make new friends
I dont even like Final Fantasy, but Sony Consoles have always been bretty gud

All of my friends that owned a playstation had divorced parents
I had a dreamcast because my parents loved me

Oh fuck off, chibi was always the result of limitations up until now and it still looks disgustingly unnatural.

Yeah, if they liked JRPGs, they missed out on some pretty good ones. The PS1 and PS2 were like the SFC in that they were where to go for the bulk of them in their respective generations, especially since Nintendo seemed to piss off Square and various other third parties (some of which with JRPGs, like Capcom with Breath of Fire) during fifth gen, who took their series (new main entry ones anyhow) elsewhere. I wouldn't exactly expect the ones not owned by Square to wind up with Steam or GoG ports (though that's not to say it can't happen, just that Square seem to be one of the more PC port prone JRPG publishers these days). Especially if the games are ones Sony themselves own the rights to, like Wild Arms.

Fucking normalfags i swear.

Its been a long time coming for a huge cross over and this might actually pull it off, the Baka to Test style chibis are cute as fuck and it looks like a JRPG with actual combat.

I'm sure I'll enjoy the heck out of it when it eventually comes to PC

you're wrong and you know it

This, they even tried to make the characters look more natural in 6 and as soon as they had a chance in 7 they corrected it, then in 8 they finally got their shit together

This honestly doesn't look bad. Finally a reason to buy the PS4 that isn't Bloodbourne.

Yes i still expect them to cancel the PS3 version, even fucking Atelier has dropped the PS3 by now.

I doubt at this point they would just outright ditch the PS3 version of Persona 5 for localization after having stated for a good while it would be coming over for both the PS3 and PS4. With Atelier Sophie though, I think TK stated from the earliest mention of it coming west it was just going to be for PS4 and Vita (with TK once again not being willing to do a physical release of the latter) out here.

Should have just kept them SD at all times.

What is with the inconsistent character models, some look like off brand lego people while others don't.

Looks like trash. Maybe when it flops it will finally prompt Square-Enix to let the series die like it should have after 12, if not earlier.

there was gameplay watch the trailer again around 1:10

I think a lot of people would take that. begrudgingly

you're right, my b

it better have some shred of depth to justify it's existence

judging by the menus there might be a little bit of depth. Something about stacking characters.

Plothook is about two kids discovering a literal book (the aforementioned Grimoire in the trailers) that turns out to be a portal to the World of Final Fantasy.

The KH artstyle is meant for the supposed actual people, while the super deformed one is for the book people. The kids are special in that they can go back-and-forth between the two forms.

I'm still miffed at Rinoa for cucking her out of Squall. That there's a heavier emphasis on Quistis gives me hope that there's a do-over on the horizon.

Maybe not this game, but someday.

Quistis is the patricians choice of FF8 waifu. Megane is love, megane is life.

looks dumb as shit, weeb bait

something got lost in translation with that game and an implied attraction might me something translators put in. I'm not saying it didn't happen…but I'm kinda saying it didn't

Good man.

so what are the chances that Square's B localization team ruins the dialogue and censors the game like they did with Type-0?

I kind of want to be excited, but with all the recent bullshit it's hard to be. Also, the dialogue in the trailer sounded a little "meme"ish at times.

fuck off marketer

bad voice acting doesn't mean meme-y user. I didn't hear any memes during that trailer.

The voice acting quality, however, is pure shit.

Now I just have to hope it doesn't get pre-censored like Star Ocean 5.

This year's E3 is just going to be boring.