Making a Comfy List

Okay, since I haven't seen a list fag make a guide to Comfy Games, I'm gonna make a shitty list myself. So I ask, what games make you feel comfy. I'm splitting it up into 6 categories: Simple (games with simple concepts/gameplay that lead to comfy), Cathartic (rip and tear to relieve stress), Atmospheric (comfy worlds you'd want to live in), Audio Bliss (comfy vibrations from comfy soundtracks), and Other, for what doesn't fit in the others. Hit me with your best shot, guys.

Some games i think are comfy enough

Maximum comfy. Though it can get into pretty brutal feels territory at times.

*5 categories and I forgot the question mark after the question. Shit.

Euro Truck is definitely in, but mind giving a bit of context for the others?

What game is this? Mind elaborating too?

Fuel has a fuckhuge, nicely designed map, driving around aimlessly is pretty comfy

oblivion

Oh and before anyone mentions it, yes, Little Inferno and Postal 2 will be on that list.

Huh. Will have to consider then.

Throwing my suggest out for Railroad Tycoon 2 for audio bliss.

The OST is probably the best in the tycoon genre and all the ambient noises just make it 30 times better.

TDU2

Best way to get Comfy

Shin megami tensei strange journey
Might and magic 4 and 5
Loaded
Pokemon

It's breath of fire 3.

Osu is good for general comfiness if you pick a nice song

Oldschool Runescape
Fallout: New Vegas

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

This nigger knows whats up. GTAV is comf as fuck to just drive around in.
Also:
Fly a plane, kill shit with the gun, mavs, GBUs, CBUs and the good old fashioned Mk82.
You can put on anything in the background, have a nice hot cup of coffee, roll up in a blanket and remove Kebab. If you don't like the A10 get the Ka50. Most comfy heli in the world, and also damned pretty.

Minecraft
Terraria
Tetris
Pong
Pac-Man
Garry's Mod
Audiosurf

Grow Home
Kirby series
Paper Mario series
Pokemon series
Assassin's Creed Black Flag
Persona 4
Ratchet & Clank series
Splatoon
Metal Gear Solid V driving around in the desert / savanna while listening to 80s rock is really comfy IMO

Rayman Origins & Legends
Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie
Super Mario series
Mario Kart series
Undertale

Any Dragon Quest
Kirby
Just Cause 2
Metroid Prime
Deadly Premonition
Fallout New Vegas, especially with weather mods
Most of the above
All the Ace Attorney games (embed related)
The first few eras of Civ V are comfy as fuck, especially on lower difficulties
Diablo-likes are good, comfy fun
Any GTA clone

Trips of truth
AC Black Flag is the best pirate game to date, if it wasn't Ubisoft I would buy it.

it's worth a purchase on console, cause almost all Ubisoft hate attributes to PC fags and shitty ports

Try don't starve, imo the most comfy game to exist in it's decade.

That's quite a comfy tune. Will look into it.

Recettear is probably gonna end up on the list.

Audiosurf is a must and maybe minecraft or terraria. Might put them in a blanket entry though. Grow Home is definitely a must as is Paper Mario. Probably gonna add Mario Kart in there, but probably not all the entries is we're going the audio route.

Ace Attorney will probably go into the other category because it is Comfy, but I'm not sure I can pin down the comfy to just the audio. And Metroid Prime series is definitely going in. I might do NV. And if we're going Diablo-likes I might add Spiral Knights since its definite comfy

Oh and to the last two, I'll be adding kirby for sure.

oops, wrong link

Animal Crossing
Harvest Moon
Stardew Valley
Unteralterbach
Sims
Kirby series
Pokemon series
Terraria

These.

To add a few:

And I don't know what it is about them, but most games from the early 2000's and late 90's make me feel extremely relaxed when I play them, like Hitman: BM, Time Splitters, and Deus Ex. Maybe it's because they remind me of better times.

maybe because they were actually good and not frustrating garbage like today's releases

HOW DO I MAKE NEW CUSTOMERS COME IN
I thought store atmosphere would make richer people come in when it was nearly full Gaudy but i still get those broke little girls coming in demanding i sell shit at 30% it's value

Minecraft is more boring than comfy. Once you lose things to do, you start to wonder why you've wasted so much time building a giant castle with nothing in it. Terraria has a multitude of bosses, hardmode, etc. that all gives you something to do next, and you can grind them if you don't feel like giving yourself too much a challenge. It also gives you a payoff for building and decorating rooms.

Terraria is so boring. It feels like he worst parts of an mmo. Just grinding/resource mining until you can fight the next boss just to do it all over again, and when you do beat the last boss, you can do it again on hard mode. The game has no focus or purpose, and the item inflation is too insane. Minecraft has the opposite problem of there is nothing to do.

Yume Nikki. Simple, atmospheric, and the soundtrack is comfy as fuck (in most areas, at least)

Dustforce is really comfy, it's a no combat platformer

Serious Sam

Seconding this

Fisher-Diver

Cities: Skylines with SimCity 4 soundtrack.

Here's some good comfort games. They all fit into Simple/Atmospheric, with a little Audio Bliss for good measure.

Age of Empires 2 can be pretty shill. If you don't get zerg rushed.

Not just comfy but addictive.

I meant chill obviously, fucking shills on my mind.

Also Distance/Nitronic Rush.

Lovely Planet for simple gameplay/atmosphere/soundtrack.

Paper Mario

Mother 2

Banished is the literal definition of comfy game
Try out the mods after too

Distance/Nitronic Rush

My nigga.

Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, and Katamari is definitely going up

Burnout Paradise is pretty comfy too, especially with Big Surf island.
New Burnout never ever

Kirby's Dream Land 3, it's the comfiest game in the series.

skyrim exploring is maximum comfy

Monster Hunter, with harvest tours. You just run around collecting stuff.
Mario 3D World, because of the graphics and gentle difficulty curve.
Fallout: New Vegas, with the HUD removed. Just pick a direction and walk, and take in the low-poly sights.

an excuse for being a casual faggot

WOW DUDE, YOU'RE SO HARD CORE. TELL US MORE ABOUT YOUR, WHAT DO YOU CALL THEM, EPIC HARD GAMES LIKE DARK SOULS?

SERIOUSLY, HAVE YOU EVER GOTTEN ANY PUSSY!?

It's weird seeing that OP image when I was the one that started posting it around.

Endless Ocean for the Wii

Haven't played the second but I hear that it's just as good.

It's less comfy, but the game as a whole is mechanically better.

I've never seen the title written in such a way before. Is this official artwork?

Pick one.

You're wrong anyways since there's plenty of autism based crafting and house building outside of focusing on bosses as your only purpose in the game.

Comfy is a code word for boring/empty, so really every early access open-world survival game is basically as "comfy" as it gets.

Comfy is a code word for "comfortable" or "relaxing"

Kirby(Simple)
Crystal Chronicles(Atmospheric/Audio)
Journey(Atmosphere)
Most Platinum games(Cathartic)
Shadow of the Colossus(Atmospheric/Cathartic)

Thanks everyone for the responses so far! I'll be making a first draft when I get home tomorrow morning so again, I must thank everyone for the suggestions.

SotC is a shoe-in for Catharsis and Kirby's already been confirmed. Probably will add Journey and I'm not sure about Crystal Chronicles. Maybe I'll add My Life as King though.

Endless Ocean is definitely going in.

My bad, meant to say SotC was good for atmosphere.

I'd nominate Endless Legend for Atmosphere and Audio

I second this, Endless Space is fine too.

Black and White 1 for Atmospheric and Audio Bliss

Arx Fatalis swerves rapidly between comfy and terrifying. If for some horrible reason you haven't played it takes place on a world where the sun went out and everyone lives in a series of gorgeous caverns and cities they jacked off the dorfs.

Too bad OSU was actively spying on players.
Seriously, news of this was out like months ago.
For more information on how fucked you are:
>>>Holla Forums601574

Dustforce.

The PC port is just fine, I played through it with no issues

There was a while where I'd play just the first level of Black & White because of the comfy. Underrated option right here.

I find Wip3out to be really comfy. Especially without weapons.