PS4 games

I got a PS4 for really cheap today. Got EDF 4.1, Senran Kagura EV, and Bloodborne (which came with the console.) Thinking about picking up Assault Suit Leynos and Dariusburst Chronicles. Getting GG Xrd Revelator in the next few days.

What are some good games I can get for this thing?
Because it was fucking cheap and I need it for my fightans. EDF EDF EDF EDF

Other urls found in this thread:

steamdb.info/sub/81620/apps/
archive.is/qWRbz
adventuresofsquare.com/
archive.is/2awAW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

croixleur sigma is best on PS4 and is a great and pretty game with panty shots, Odinsphere remake is out soon, as is jojo eyes of heaven (you can try the demo). Look forward to the last guardian, gravity rush 2 (also get gravity rush remastered), ratchet and clank was OK for a budget game, try to get it for $20, Yakuza games in the future, Ni-Oh is going to be excellent judging from my time with the demo, shit nigga this is the year to own a bloodborne station, all the vidya is finally coming out.

Sorry I haven't suggested much that's already released.

thinly veiled EDF thread?

I'm absolutely fucking okay with that as long as I still get some game recs.

I've never played 2017.
My friend is selling me a 360 with a copule of figthing games and Otomedius Excellent soon for $70
Should I get it?

I think you can pirate it to play og xbox games, are you interested in those?

pretty good price for the system, do it.

you're best off using the original Xbox for that, 360 emulation of classic xbox games is pretty bad.

You're pretty much set.

…jokes aside, do you own a comparatively modern PC?

uh-oh, you're not gonna give him that whole mustard race spiel, are you?

No, I just want to know whether I should include multiplats into my recommendations.

Yeah this thing can play anything but nowadays I just use it as a Slackware box that can boot Windows to play EYE once in a while. I prefer console gaming because it's easier and I get physical games and shit. Too bad console gaming has turned to shit as a whole in the past few years because I have no desire to play unoptimized AAA trash. I like weebshit and arcade games.

sus

You're missing out

PC gaming hasn't exactly been on the receiving end of great games in these past few years

I play some PC games once in a while, but it's almost always made for PC games. If it's just some shit I have to plug a controller into to feasibly play (most games now) I'm not interested.

SMB and BoI+Afterbirth both have PS4 ports. If you like gameplay with low overhead, I definitely suggest looking into them.
Since you're getting GGXRD:R, there's also Skullgirls. Small scene though.
*Definitely* get the BB DLC.
Aside from that, I'd like to second >>9593810's recommendations;
GR:R - delightful, if short adventure.
OS:L - There's a demo on the JP PSN. I love Vanillaware's stuff, so take with a grain of salt.
R&C - complete remake of the first game, looks gorgeous. I haven't played it yet, it's on my list, but it looks like one of those innocent, fun platforming adventures of yore.

If you can get your 日本語 on:
Yakuza (Ryuu ga Gotoku) Isshin (isn't Zero actually coming over?)

In the future:
Nioh - Demo promised great things. Have a looks at some play throughs.
TLG - Let's wait and see.
GR2 - As above.

Not yet mentioned:
Nier Automata - Sequel to Nier Gestalt/Replicant, produced by Yoko, game play by Platinum, what can possibly go wrong?

Any good racing games? Arcade or realistic?
And how bad do you think Sony will fuck up GT 7?

Driveclub it's not bad, but runs at 30fps, if you can stomach that give it a try

You're missing out

Pick up all the Yakuzas when they come out and Gundam Breaker 3 OP.

Surely you jest

Everything you listed I play on PC. I mostly play older games anyway which is one of my biggest reasons for liking the convenience of a console. I do have a Win 98 machine for older PC games though.
A crime against humanity.
Fight me in Quake faggot.

Oh fuck is there a third one already? I remember wanting 2 when it come out for my Vita.

Point its flaws, I played it on a friend's house and we had fun, but of course I didn't analyzed the game in-depth

what good FPS has there been recently? The last good shooter, period, was Splatoon, and played fine with gyro controls. This is coming from someone who regularly plays Quake and makes Quake levels on his PC.

no interest, genre never did anything for me, I like games with more of a feel to the game play, more mechanics to master, less operating system like level of input.

no thanks

lets stop here

don't need modern PC for that, my 2012 machine handles them just fine.

I play the new quake releases, otherwise…I don't care. Most mods these days are bad skins best left on the remains of fpsbanana, but now hosted proudly on Steam workshop. Cheap config tweaks that either slightly improve the base game, or butcher it to someone elses short-sighted vision. Most of the games I play either have no mod scene on the PC, or at best, have technical fixes (like sayonara umihara kawase - which is better on the Vita, anyway.)

I'm not missing out, I've been a PC gamer all my life. I was missing out when I didn't have a PS3, 360, PS4, WiiU, 3DS, Vita. But now I do, and I get to play all those great games. I've even gotten into the Xbox modding scene recently, and what a reward that's been. PC gaming has largely been overhyped by the redditors who got into it the past generation. Sure, you can play some multiplats, the ones that actually work improved on the PC. Or I can just play the few games that actually interest me on the PC.

I'm not a racing sim fan, but I actually had a chance to play both that and the newest Forza about a year ago. The feel of driving the cars felt a lot better in Forza, so I would not recommend Drive Club.

Oh, I forgot.

In the future:
Toukiden 2 - MonHun-like. Fixes most of the issues Toukiden(: Kiwami) had, like boring overworld, repetitive fights due to low monster diversity, boring weapons, slow fights, nothing to do in the main hub. There's a demo on the JP PSN. It's more like an arpg, now, but like every MonHun-like, it'll be DoA in the West (rip SS:D).

Stuff I played on PC:
Astebreed - Shmup, very flashy. You have like three shots + option. There is a sophisticated scoring mechanism, but like a wise man once said: "One button is necessity, two are a luxury, three is pushing the envelope."
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae - punch things as a cute girl. If you like to practice very specific game mechanics, this is the game for you.
Croixleur Sigma - punch things as a cute girl. Dash to win.

I also got a PS4 for dirt cheap a few weeks ago. The only games I've bought are Bloodborne and Monopoly. Are there actually any games worth playing on this thing? I want something I can co-op.

Isn't the ps4 version of astebreed improved over the pc version?

yes it is

You cant play Endless Legend and modded S.T.A.L.K.E.R with a toaster user.
Wii U emulation is also a thing, you're missing out for not having a midrange nig.
UT, Tribes or Executive Assault
C&C Generals/Red Alert 2 if you arent a turtling pleb.
SRW is getting an english releasee, you should get on that

Casual as fuck with assists everywhere, might as well play an arcade racer, youll have a better time.

This fag knows it.
Care to share any Q1 maps? I make a bunch myself so I'm curious.

OP here. EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF

UT a shit. Tribes is pretty great though.

wew laddeh

You what?

no but have a never before released screenshot of something I'm working on. Unless you want to know what to play? Anything by Sock, MFX, Skacky all rule.

sorry, the only thing close to a sim that has been any fun was steel battalion on the original xbox. I don't have fun when I'm doing spreadsheets. Do you also prefer Diablo 2 over Gauntlet Dark Legacy?

Details are icky. Running it through a web crawler, it seems like there's fishy NDA business going on.
Aside from graphical improvements, it apparently features a new mode and some rebalancing.
Same for CS. Two new girls (for a total of four) and a new game play mode.

The King of plebs, everyone and their mothers played and modded Quake back in the day, you're not special.

Bet you like the grindan game like an hypocritre thought.

If you pick any game that have been multiplat it will always be hand down better on console. apart of MGSV. Fox engine make miracle with toasters
Mostly because dev bring Unoptimized, buggy downgraded badly adapted product to PC, so the "original" version will be better.
Case in point: batman arkham knight, dark souls, witcher etc etc

There can be the diamond above manure that still make the "PC musterrice" meme still a thing. But is really the age of being an idort this one

Stop projecting. His map looks pretty good so far.
Feels good.

I would consider the 4x/rts genre to be something I've never had any interest in and will probably never touch.

thank you, I'm mostly focusing on inter-connected pieces the level, parts which surprise the player where they can see it from earlier on and end up visiting it and finding the map intersects in elaborate ways. Densely filled areas with tough enemy encounters that put a strong focus on how the player manages the combat scenarios. Almost wave-like spawning in of monsters too, I think it'll be a fun, and unique way to challenge players.

oh and since you're also a Quaker, have you seen these around func_?

Disgaea 5

FPS like dozen that are around. Better than others but can't be really said to "miss out"
Racing game on PC are just ebin user. Racing=controller or even better a wheel
Another game that is better with a stick or controller
Wow, watching a paint simulator sure is fun. As fun as moving the character and hope the RNG don't fuck you up

Nice try faggot. Go cry in Reddit some more about muh muster rice

This better be bait

Ive seen better splatterhouse maps

Either autistic or a normalfag

not autistic or a normalfag, just no interest, I have more fun with games like god hand. Have you played god hand?

Why would I play shitty game that even IGn gave a low score?
NICE

If you want to point out something for cred at least point out something like Viewtful Joe or Okami

Have you played Might and Magic 6 or XIII?

no interest, only might & magic game I played was dark messiah which was good but extremely flawed. Every enemy tanked damage in that one so combat either became a matter of find the spike wall, convenient trap, or cliff, or spam your strongest attacks, but it did shine at some points.

XIII was pretty good.

Literally no taste

I don't really care much for grinding games, I like games that give me an incentive to get good, not make my numbers go higher so my character/s can do things I couldn't before. Unless there's an enjoyable element of strategy involved, like in bravely default.

You aren't exactly convincing me with praise from someone who played moba games for any meaningful period.

You're not even trying bub, do you even play games anymore?

steamdb.info/sub/81620/apps/

Isn't EDF about grinding better weaponry to make things explode harder/faster?

That always pisses me right the fuck off.

No point in arguing with the shitter user, he always posts the same thing.

Hes done this at least 4 times

Go buy Call of Duty 3 goy, its got graphics to the max

yeah, but the mechanics are great, dash cancelling, flying around as Pale Wing, I love it. Managing your energy, reloads, etc? It's great design, simple design too. It's a blast to play on my Vita or my PS4.

It's impressive how you still don't get it, then. Is it so hard to accept people have reasons for not liking things you do? No reason to shit yourself over it. You like very niche things, I also like very niche things, just a different niche, isn't it?

Hows Nights of Azure?

Yeah I was just finding it strange that you'd criticize grinding while playing grind heavy games, but you really just meant that you had a problem with what the rest of the game is outside of grinding and what role grinding has in the game.

Anyway if you have a PS4 and like skill based games I'd say grab Assault Android Cactus, I'd still recommend the PC version over the PS4 version if you can for a couple reasons (namely framerate and M/KB) but the game is plenty fun regardless.

I like most genres aside from sports nigger and thats because most are owned by EA or pure shit

"Looks boring" and "At first glance I dont like it" was shit I said and did when I was underage until people started recommending me other genres an games and I pushed myself to learn them and consequnetly enjoy the fuck out of them.

You're literally stopping yourself from enjoying video games because you're a stubborn uncaring fuck much like normalfags.

Ah, fuck you.

Killzone, Disgaea 5, Uncharted 4, Last of Us Remastered, MLB the Show 2016, Bloodborne, Driveclub, LittleBig Planet 3, Infamous Second Son, Omega Quintet, Yakuza 0, The Order, God Hand 3 Remastered, Beyond Two Souls, Uncharted Collection, Deception IV, Natural Doctrine, Samurai Warriors 4 Empires, Persona 5, J-Stars VS, Neptunia VII, EDF 4.1, GT 7, GT sports, The last Guardian, Horizon, Ratchet And Clank remake, Dead or Alive Xtreme 3, Attack on Titan, Nier 2, Star Ocean, Digimon Story Cybersleuth, Dragon Quest Heroes 2 - never ever pc fags.

You forgot KoFXIV, Tekken 7, AC7 and Nioh.
But you also listed multiplats user

Only plebs buy vita, ps3 or xbox one.

But some of those are also on PC

The Killzone games are terrible, I have no idea why anyone likes them, the only good one has been Mercenary on the Vita.

I wasn't the one who leveled the grinding accusation first, I was mostly poking fun at the other guy for sharing a WRPG, a genre notorious for grinding being in place over actual handcrafted content.

Is Assault Android Cactus co-op? It looks like it is, so I might get it on PS4 if the performance isn't that bad.

I don't really like the phrase game feel or kinesthetics as its known around more pretentious circles, but it does describe an innate quality to how game mechanics work. The winding pitch of a weapon arts attack in dark souls 3, or the zooming-slam of a stinger in devil may cry, it's an essential aspect to be described when talking about video games.

The fact of the matter is, RTS games might as well share the same functional aesthetic qualities of my operating system. Commanding troops, gathering resources and the usual lack of structure in these games doesn't interest me in the slightest. I've played enough games in my life to know what I like or what might interest me. Why are you having so much trouble with this? While not 1:1, do you not think you can see game play footage of something and figure for yourself whether or not you'll enjoy playing it?

Local or streamed coop only, no real online sadly.

Last killzone was much better shooter than Crysis or DOOM ever were. One of the solidest shooters out there for consoles.

The only console fps that doesn't feature auto-aim in both sp and mp, by the way

That's fine, I was asking particularly if it had local. I think I'll get it for the PS4 then, once I do a bit more research to see if it interests me.

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

You're not doing a good job of selling me the glorious rts/4x genres. So far I'm still at I don't care. Tell me why they're any good or any fun in the first place.

Bannerlord looks like it's going to have the same boring combat, so I won't really be interested until they improve that, maybe give the game an actual sense of impact. Learn from more contemporary melee focused games.

Elaborate

First buy ps4 and last killzone, and then ask me to elaborate.

Is this game any good?

shadowfall? I'm really big into Crysis, I love how it's essentially a Predator style game where you are the Predator. One of the few instances of sandbox level design that really shines. I got shadowfall for like 9 bucks at a gamestop, returned it the next day. The opening level was a tiring cinematic walking fest, but once the game opened up I was incredibly disappointed. I'm open to a pitch on it, but I know I wasn't the only one who played it that was bored to shit with it. I really don't care for that style of interest-point driven level design it was going for.

Management, execution and crushing of the opposition with heavier firepower and tactics and everything in between.
Using what you have and constructing something to thrive.

Play them instead if staying an ignorant sack of shit and whining that games are dead.

No

Shit. I just want a good fucking racing game for this thing. I'd take an upscaled Sega Rally 2 at this point.

Can't wait for E3 to see how royally Sony fucks up GT7.

fortunately I never do that.

No really, show me some good, interesting game play. Maybe some interesting strategies or maneuvers, even matches if they aren't terribly long. The closest to one I've ever played was Majesty the fantasy kingdom sim, which isn't really a traditional RTS since you have no direct control of any of your units.

No

No thanks, first two were ass and Im sure this one isnt much better
Thanks for not even trying to sell it to me
archive.is/qWRbz

this came out a couple years ago: adventuresofsquare.com/

Unvanquished, which is a fork of Tremulous, is still in alpha.
some arena shooters are still being worked on but they've been around for a while, like Xonotic.

Serious Sam 4 and Space Hulk: Deathwing are upcoming, both could be pretty good.

Doom has some pretty good mods, i don't know if they make mods for it anymore but the STALKER series ended up having some good mods.

unless you desperately needed a JRPG fix after playing every JRPG in existence there wasn't much you were missing on the PS3. MGS4 was honestly terrible, Resistance 1 and 2 were alright for console FPSes but really nothing special, Infamous is more boring than Prototype in free roam, lots of stuff went to PC and a lot of good stuff is on another console as well. Nier is good, Infamous still manages to be good, GT6 is good if you like Gran Turismo, Demon's Souls is obviously good if you like From Software's games, and Folklore is good. Drakengard 3 was a disaster for western audiences because japanese voices are PAID DLC and its a 10GB download, plus the game lags sometimes. i guess the Yakuza series is there too if you're into that, and theres Ridge Racer 7 and Infamous 2 but i haven't played them. rest is western cinematic garbage and a bunch of japanese games. be aware that RDR on PS3 has no AA and is in 720p, so it looks horrible.

nobody wants that horrible game
apparently cannot get to 60fps unlike the original. honestly looks worse, and its stuck following a terrible movie instead of the original game.
mediocre series
movie game alert
good graphics but flawed game from what i hear. don't get the point when there are racing games on PC with good graphics already.
now with some minor changes since the last game
i have no interest in them, huge step down from the incredible Jak series.
by Killzone devs
no thanks
source: archive.is/2awAW

so far the only interesting games on PS4 to me are Nier: Automata, The Last Guardian, and Bloodborne.

are you talking about Doom 4 or the original Doom?
its flawed because of the level and enemy design becoming shit later on but the open level design for a good portion of the game is superb and it was a ton of fun.

Buy driveclub or Project CARS instead. Both are much better than this shit.

Kill me.

I didn't even bother updating it for the last 6 months, the community just circlejerks about potentially putting it on Steam while the Devs only speak during release time and rarely take suggestions into account.

There hasn't been any good racing games in quite a while, forza being pretty much the only good one of the bunch, it's honestly quite sad that I'm still stuck emulating GT4 and playing PS2 era arcade rtacing games if I want one that isn't arse.

Anyways try Driveclub, I heard it's not that bad either.

Honestly why would you ever want anything that isn't GT4 with better models, more tracks and online, the rest is superfluous and not actually interesting in a simcade game.

This.

I guess it's easy to "not miss out" if you have absolute garbage taste.

Odin Sphere comes out today.

Also Shadow of the beast is good.

i was never into either of myself, i've just heard of it and tried out Unvanquished a bit offline.

sounds like Warsow before it went kaput recently, mostly because the founder is being an idiot, but the actual devs are forking it.

what about a better track editor, 4 way splitscreen, and a better damage system/damage visuals? but for those last two it gets hard to maintain 60fps at a resolution of 1080p or more. i was just pointing out that it isn't that incredible when another GT game comes out.

I never really thought about that but it's true that it would be nice, even if I never really cared for it.

Meh, I get that it's nice but honestly 4P split-screen is a clusterfuck for a game like GT.

No, damage simulation is a shit idea only drives the license costs up and doesn't actually makes the game any more interesting unless it's a full sim which GT isn't.
>inb4 casul
If I want damage and no driving aids I play rFactor/AC not fucking GT