What is the worst controller of all time?

What is the worst controller of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Wonderbook-Book-Spells-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX89W
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

the Wii U gamepad

Fucking underages don't remember this piece of shit.

I think the Atari Jaguar tops the cake for me…

That's nothing.

Atari 5200 had the worst controller(s) indeed. So much innovation but pitiful implementation.

Shit controllers (craftmanship, configuration)
Atari 5200, the original shit controller
The first Genesis controller self-destructed after a couple of years
So far from what i've seen, the Xbone Pro

Controllers that didn't dew its primary goal (useless features)
Nintendo 64 controller
Wii U gamepad

Mainstream of course, i bet there's plenty more in those rare shovelware consoles

Wii U gamepad can act as an actual controller, though.

The Wii Remote has no excuse.

N64

People seem to forget just how bad controllers used to be. Xbox and Playstation controllers are positively fantastic compared to how it used to be. Anyone who disagrees didn't live through that shit. Hell, I even like the WiiU gamepad compared to that. It's still better than the N64 controller.

Were multiplayer games played primarily with phonebooks back then?

I'm honest about Jag's pro controller being great though. I've held one. Comfy buttons, responsive d-pad, nice placement of shoulder buttons, and the numpad isn't hard to reach. The numpad is very useful for games like Alien vs Predator, Iron Soldier, and Doom.

Holy shit, what a rip off.

It was great for man hands, but i have to say the B&W buttons are badly placed and the D-Pad is for navigating menus only (and the best one for that too but what the hell)
There's far worse, like a D-Pad that is completely useless, like the PS2 one, who is a cheaply made PS1 D-Pad (originally crispy and responsive)

Holy shit that's a scam. It's weird since the basic controller is pretty solid. I bought one for my PC and it's pretty alright. I can't understand how the supposed "better" controller is like this.

Agreed. Felt heavy and shit.

Look guys, microsoft has to cut corners somewhere to meet that low low price of just under $200 dollars canadian

This is crazy to me.
My friend and I have had about 6 360 controllers, wireless and wired, between the two of us since the original console release and they all still work fine. We had to clean the buttons on one of them once, that's about it.

Hell, they outlasted two of the actual consoles.

I wonder how M$ fucked this up so bad.

Also I'm nominating the Kinect for worst controller.

Only bad thing about the Duke is the B/W buttons being at the top

He's right from a certain view. You can't break it if when it comes pre-broken!

Someone needs to make a picture of Arex (Star Trek The Animated Series) holding an N64 controller while looking smug as one of the original Trek cast looks at it confused in the background.

But Grimsby.

3 legs.

two vaganias

maybe more

Stop this fucking meme video. I have one and it works great. I know two other people who have one and they also haven't had any problems.

DELETE THIS

Prove it faggot, also

How about this "pool cue" controller. It's basically a deformed mouse.

the jews

its a phone that puts a dick in your ear

=worse than useless. a winner=

the ouya

Sony controllers

As someone who used them for decades I can assuredly say the left analog is simply in a retarded position and anyone who defends it is a braindead fanboy.

werks on my machine :^)

PS2's d-pad isn't particularly good. It's no Super Nintendo, and it's certainly no Genesis or Saturn, which are by far the best, but it's still the best in its gen due to the Xbox and Gamecube d-pads being too small and shitty to be of any use.

The analogs are in the same position as each other. My hands are symmetrical. My controller should be too. Placing both joysticks above the buttons is also an acceptable choice, like on the Wii U.

The Bone dpad is great. Say what you will about the bumpers or stick placement, they got the dpad perfectly, almost SNES-tier.

I have a DS4 and it's the shit

What's wrong with you?

Came here to post the N64 controller.

When the fuck did the OG xbox controller get named that? I like it.

Also I thought it was a great controller. But I also have large hands and am not a manlet so…

The Wonderbook.

Hello fellow Micro$oft employee!

Happens when you put curry niggers in charge of everything.

They didn't actually release that did they?

Lmao, manlet detected. Cant handle a controller for big guys?

Six face buttons and two shoulder buttons is inherently a worse design than four face buttons and four buttons on the back. Go ahead and try to hit White/Black at the same time as X/A. You can't without doing a fucking claw, which is not how it's intended to be held. If those extra two buttons were on the back instead, you could hit that combo and any other with zero problems.

Also the D-pad is shit and the asymmetrical design is stupid. The people saying it's for "big hands" are clearly just babbies who never played video games before the xbox. If they had, they'd know how to hold a fucking video game controller. You don't grip it like a fucking motorcycle, you let the grips rest in your hands, like balances. If you had played on a SNES or Genesis you would hold the controller like that, since it didn't have handles, and then when moving to something like PS1 you'd hold it the same way, and thus the handles would actually be used properly. If you are a fucking xbabby then I guess you might not know how to hold a NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, or PS1 controller, but in that case, get the fuck out.

I did have a SNES, you seem to be awfully angry about it though. Immediately assuming im a "xbabby" and typing this rant about how I totally never had any experience with controllers before to a fucking banepost. I want hotheads to leave

Found the turbo autist

some matrix game for xbone

cant customize controls
swaps between lockon hand to hand lockon third person shooting and first person shooting

all with different button layouts

default fps layout doesn't have you use the trigger to shoot you have to use the black button

cannot customize controls

dedicated sniping sections in first person/ 3rd peson turret sections with same controls

If I point out that your nostalgia is bad, would you die?

This is some pretty bad autism.

Seriously?

Do you honestly try to grip those controllers? Do you honestly think they're bad because they're "too small?" No, they rest in your fingers easily. Then when PS1 came out, you'd hold it the same way, and the handles would just fall into your palms, as intended. Then retarded babbies who started playing video games after the Xbox was out started thinking other controllers were bad because they weren't intended to be gripped like a set of bicycle handles.

n64

amazon.com/Wonderbook-Book-Spells-Playstation-3/dp/B0050SX89W

Apparently they did, and also had 2 other games made that also have books.

Nice bait. It's the best controller on the market.

You know how I know you are just posing and didn't play the SNES or NES? Because you think you didn't need to grip them.

Go play Cobra Triangle on the NES. As you hammer away on the A button, if you don't use pressure from squeezing together your hands to hold it in place, it's going to flail all the fuck around as you rapidly press the button.

Go play King of the Monsters 2 on the SNES. I wanna see how you hold it like a limp dick queer, and then try to escape being grabbed when you need to mash out the buttons. The thing is going to fly out of your hand or you simply won't be able to do it. So you grip the fucking sides using your palm and the muscle at the base of your thumb. Or you squeeze inward with both hands so it's pressed inside your palms. Or you hold the fucking thing with the tip of your thumb and then use the inner part to press the buttons (I call this the "Mega man style" where you use the inner part of your thumb to jump, and the tip to fire, then move the inner part upwards so that it rest between the jump and dash button, so you can do dash jumps and what not).

Your obsession with "the babbies" belies that you are a teenager who desperately wants to appear like you are some sort of old school "hard core" gamer who is better than everyone else because of it.

apart from the battery runs down too quickly

its better because we tell you its better and it costs more

I want to marry that controller.

Of course you fucking hold them with your fingers. That's an entirely different matter from saying a controller is "too small" because it doesn't have huge handlebars for you to hold with your entire hand. You are being deliberately obtuse at this point, and creating a stupid strawman argument that you know is never what was being talked about.

Whatever poser, take your teenage angst somewhere else. No one is impressed here.

I want shimipan for all my controlers

Have fun not being able to enjoy certain controllers because you're too much of a retard to hold them properly.

The r2 and l2 triggers are shit. The buttons as a whole and the joystick are worse than the ds3. The only good thing about it is that it was more comfortable due to its bigger size.

I have never spent more than 20 dollars on a controller.

But user, jews aren't controllers, they're…oh

Dual shock 1-3 dunno about 4.