The real reason there are no real credible leaks surrounding the NX isn't because of super strict NDAs...

The real reason there are no real credible leaks surrounding the NX isn't because of super strict NDAs. It's because nobody is bothering to support it initially and haven't ordered any kits.

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4c2QzM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you have any facteroos to back that up famnon?

Bullshit, but I believe it and I'll laugh if it's true

Most likely true

I don't believe that without a source. The rumors from months ago were that Square Enix, Bamco and Capcom were all going to be lending support to the NX.

There are companies that received the kits.

For company that is getting their shit leaked left and right, they are doing a good job keeping everyone in the dark with the NX.

There were plenty of interviews prior to Wii U release where devs openly supported it and claimed to be looking forward to working on it. The NX on the other hand might as well not really exist with how quiet everyone is about it.

OP's still a fucking idiot though.

oh great square enix will make another shirrt FF spinoff for a nintendo console

Namco will make a shitty gundam game that wont come to the US and also the next installment of naruto fighting games that only the most autistic care about

and Capcom, god I shudder to think what shit they'll turn out next, how long until they go full Konami?

The NX is going to need some killer, major titles in its first proper year in order for it to be anything special. As it is, I'm looking forward to Nintendo's typical low level of hardware/software security so the fucking thing can be hacked and probably even be used for up to PS2 emulation.

I believe it.
There's no reason for them not to talk about the console and its games when it's releasing as early as next year.

I agree with trips.

Probably to make a shitty port of FF7 remake. You just know Square is gonna port that shit to everything they can for more sales, they'll probably even port it to mobile if they can.

Actually i think square has some.

This is accurate. It's nothing but the usual types putting their very usual games that they put on Nintendo platforms.

Nobody in the West is going to touch the thing, not even with late ports, until it shows it has an install base worth putting games out for. Nintendo is a strictly after-the-fact proposition.

Now, a lot of Western studios that make AAA are overrated and out of ideas. The problem is that not having them makes the install base that much harder to build up from the get go and that much less likely to get ports of the Japanese stuff that Sony tends to land as exclusives.

the real reason there aren't any credible leaks is because nobody should fucking believe leaks

crysis 3 leak was great fun though.

How does that disprove what I said?

If that was actually a fake leak and not an early beta scan from CoroCoro, I'd be impressed that the artist got so much right. I'm also still salty that Alomomola isn't an evolution for Luvdisc, even after all this time.

It's an example of a leak that people didn't want to believe at the time, but ended up being 100% accurate. People thought Nintendo was going to take all that Wii money and hit back with a big time console – they didn't.

Likewise, people now want to believe that Nintendo is keeping this really tightly run ship and is managing to keep all of these third parties quiet about the NX, a console they've already delayed for software reasons [after having trouble supplying software for Wii U, and the last years of Wii, and the Gamecube] and they have basically provided no information on even though they themselves first mentioned it like a year or so ago.

The OP is accurate. It's the most likely and obvious explanation. I don't see how companies can commit millions of dollars to making games for Nintendo before they see how it sells first.

Holla Forums, want to know something weird?

Did you know that if i didn't come here, nintendo would literally not be a part of my life in terms of discussion, and overall presence in my everyday discourse with other people?

None of the people i know give a shit about nintendo.
None of the people they know give a shit about nintendo.
None of the people THEY know give a shit about nintendo, in turn.

When i browse the internet in general, i don't see people discussing nintendo or nintendo games.
When i watch YT vids, nobody there gives a shit about nintendo.
If i'm curious about what people are hyped for this E3, or in the general future, i never see anyone getting hyped for anything nintendo.

There's currently only two places in the entire internet with people that still give a shit about nintendo, that i know of:

1-halfchan Holla Forums (the main nintendrone hive)
2-Holla Forums Holla Forums

Why?
Can anyone explain this strange phenomenon to me?

NICE TRIPS

The reason why we talk about Nintendo is because we care about them and hate what they've become. Other sites like reddit, NeoFAG and your YT cocksuckers don't discuss Nintendo because they never cared for Nintendo in the first place. Anyway here's your (you)

forgot to mention that there's the Nintendo cocksucking from halfchan and other websites, those don't count as actually caring about Nintendo since they're only doing it to be trendy.

Except nobody knows that because nobody fucking knows exactly what the Wii U CPU is, aside from being some sort of PowerPC based chip with some Power7 similarities.

My fucking point is nobody should even care about leaks. Wait till the god damn shit is out.

Did you even read the pic related I posted? The Wii U CPU is NOT based on POWER7 [which honestly is targeted at a totally different market and workloads]. It's the same 750 core they've been using since the Gamecube, just upclocked after a series of die shrinks.

People didn't want to believe that Nintendo was going to stick with the same CPU core again, but that's what they did.

Yeah, pretty much this. I would LOVE for Nintendo to get back on their feet, and put out stuff like they did in the NES, SNES, N64, or even GC days. But that doesn't mean I can support all their dumbass decisions this gen.

I never said it was based on Power7. Learn how to read.

Also Nintendo has that Youtube parntership program which seems to be the main reason the big youtube streamers don't stream Nintendo games. I haven't looked into it because idgaf, but I remember there being some shit flung because of it.

This was a bizarrely bad decision for the Wii U itself, but at least it means when Wii U mode homebrew comes around, we'll be playing GC and Wii games in a higher resolution with perfect compatibility (hopefully).

yeah, people got extremely pissed about it. It seems like Nintendo is unable to adapt to changes in the marketplace, in addition to trying to cater to a completely unreliable market. Nintendo should stop trying to appeal to casual gamers with core franchises like Smash and Fire Emblem, stop sucking stockholder cock, stop forcing so many gimmicks into good games, and start doing research and see what people like and don't like about video games. I DO believe that the Touch Generations brand was a good idea, however casualizing core franchises like Smash Brothers, Fire Emblem and Paper Mario only hurt them in the long run.

Basically Nintendo should be making new IPs for casual gamers, revive some of the more niche and forgotten IPs like Custom Robo, F-Zero, Metroid, Golden Sun, Eternal Darkness Wave Race, etc, take games that are highly praised, but are neglected by their IP owner. (God Hand, Ristar, Zone of the Enders, Skies of Arcadia), and also buy out more companies with a ton of IPs, but aren't doing as hot as Nintendo. (Capcom, Sega, Namco, Tecmo, Xbox)

Well technically…

It's more unsourced nintendoomer wishful thinking.

Turd party support is overrated on consoles anyways, especially in cases where they release on PC because no console is ever going to match that as the superior experience unless a company intentionally gimps the PC port into an unplayable state for a long time while prioritizing bug-fixing on consoles.

what are you implying user?

the cuctom robo platformer for 3ds?

funny part is no one is looking forward to the NX outside nintendo itself.

thru all this time their inability to fix the wii u only shows people why should I buy this shit companies shit.

i mean the 3ds is probably only thing you'll hear or see cause it has games people wanna play. pokemon is still around
plenty of rpgs to play on the 3ds Persona Q(meh), EO series, Brave censorship 1 and 2, Monster hunter 3/4 and Generations.
now looking at it Wii u has what no rpgs available to them outside old Virtual console shit which you can easily play for free on pc

Ziplash or something like that

That's Chibi Robo, you doofus

Oh, yeah i'm a retard. Or just too sleepy, sorry.

I'm only looking forward to the NX since it's a potential handheld, and sony isn't making a PSP3.

Don't forget that some places in the world one most almost has to import a fucking Nintendo console and buy the games from Amazon.

There might not be much support on the 3rd party side, what do you think of almost no support on the game store side or electronic store side?

I'm waiting to see if there are games that looks fun on the new Nintendo console, since its either a burn of allot of cash or its a meh better with muh ps4.
Also I know allot of Holla Forums shit on ps4 for no games and so on, because some has the hobby of PC gaming and can afford it which is good but. I'm not one of those dudes. I get a simple console and if the NX is just nintendo games it better be dam good games.
In my mind nintendo is overrated.

A PS4 is $400 new

You can get a mid-tier PC for that price.

Why do you guys lie about the price for everything?

I'm not in the US I'm in Norway mid-tier is allot more expensive. Its like buying both a xbone and a ps4 at the same time with 3 separate games.

We didn't.
You still need $50 to buy PS+ for online play.
On PC, that's free.

OK, so what is hypothetical cheaper 400 dollar console or a PC with the most one needs except for a monitor. that was 2987.68 USD.
Or a mid-tier like you said that was about 1107.61 USD.

So no. I would rather have a console and later when I can afford a PC. I would go to the 1000bucks more.

If someone was gonna pay for that they'd probably just do it on blackfriday when it's cheaper, but it sounds like you're pulling prices out of your ass to me, so I doubt you care.

Mid tier is 400 USD.

Fuck off with your "PC costs too much money" bullshit

>PCPartPicker part list: pcpartpicker.com/list/4c2QzM
Total: $399.36

It shits all over the PS4.

Thank you, m8

I like how you add weird fees to your console prices, but don't even include a OS, mouse or keyboard with your PC.

Don't hate OP.

The NX could be great if it is cheap enough for an impulse buy as a secondary console. Just like the GameCube. I'd consider buying one for €99.

Still within the price range for a mid-tier PC

What is the VAT in Norway? Mine here is 21%.

Oh come on.

When was the last time Nintendo got good 3rd party support? The SNES?

OS can be free if you pirate Windows 7 or get Linux, both of which are easy to do. Mouse and keyboard combined can be cheaper than a single PS4 or Xbone controller.

Not outside of Murka

Well that sounds like a personal problem ;^)

Thats still a shit tier pc that wont hit 50 fps on max settings in anything past 2013

Your next line will be "why would you want to play anything past 2013" but that defeats the point of building a ps4 killer that is just 10 fps faster
If you are going pc you want good stuff not cheap barely enough crap

The price I took was Norwegian prices on what I would call one high tier and the last mid-tier.

I took another calculation on these parts I had to compensate for other part, well it was cheaper but it was still about 1140 dollars. so not so much difference.

So I don't know why Americans say, its so much cheaper and so on. When in some places the opposite is true.

I think its 25% or more the new Nvidia 1080 is about 886.19 USD.

Just like a PS4?

Much worser, most PS4 games are locked at 30 fps with slowdowns.

Probably but I'll hold out hope that something good will come of it anyways. Third-party support's overrated for the most part, or at least it is in this modern fucking dearth of video games; I can't really think of any console games I would've liked to have had on Wii U as well tbh famicom.

What games that requires a card like the 1080 that you'd even want?

Do you actually play the yearly CoDs?

Not him but companies optimize like shit these days
In 2 years it will be unbearable to have something older than 3 years (from that date)

NO, but minor future prof goes a long way.I've been a PC gamer for long time but found out the hard way that some graphic cards goes out of date. Find something that is worth the money and so on.

Its nothing more or worse than that.

There is no such thing as future proofing.

I used an 8800GT for 5 years.
It takes a long time for a card to go out of date.

that is true there is no end to what new game engines might do to ones card.

than the 1080 would last me 5 years, so no worries it would be like a console in a sense, but that all depends on what I want to upgrade further on.
With raam it seems pretty much like a done deal that one can have a 16 and get away with it, cpu's are somewhat in muddy water as it seems to me.

I don't just mess around with games, I mess around with game engines also when I first get a PC. So any horsepower is a plus,
So the PC that is destroyed or the gpu is fucked but it does needs so much in upgrade for todays gaming that its almost better to just get a new PC.

So I estimate that a good high end might be a better option, so I can fuck around in game engines and play some games that I really want to play. Like x-com2 and total war warhammer plus DOW3 is coming so its about time to cash up for a PC. But want to wait a little bit longer.

Wasn't there that one Square Enix game, Dragon something, that they accidentally labelled as coming to the NX? If that was true SE would have a dev kit.

Are you implying that PS4 multiplats are running as if they were on max settings in the PC version?

On low to medium settings (which is where parity with the PS4 would be), this would get 60FPS on practically everything.

the i5 2500k is still going strong in a lot of games, and it was released back in 2011

But will it run Yakuza or Nier Automata? No?

If the rumors on the nvidia are truthful, they're caving in a new niche, of the portable Xbone tier console.
There are some tablet chips that are already as powerful as the bone, but they're sadly horribly limited by the platform they run on, because you know, NOBODY does exclusive android applications for high end tablets due several reasons and no buttons.

As long as it has all the buttons and sticks we expect then I'm all game

This puts nintendo on a position where they will be able to go to activision and say "see? our portable system can run CoD without having to change ANY asset, thus very cheaply, allowing the full CoD experience on a portable system".

Of course, this will only work IF nintendo gets their shit together in terms of online.

You want to point some of them out then? A handheld as powerful as the Xbone would absolutely burn through batteries.

I am honestly done with Nintendo. Unless they release a Animal Crossing for the WiiU the new Pokemon Game will most likely be the last thing i ever buy from them

I have zero interest in buying any hardware from them again. The lack of second and third party content is just too much

Any new console is going to be shit anyway, consoles have outlived their usefullness and are now just severely limited PCs. Their entire schtick is gone

good taste, user

Face it, PCs are technically superior for the exact same cost as a console. There is literally no reason to buy a console anymore.

Probably a bit of column a and a bit of column b user.

Nintendo hasn't had great third party support since the N64.