Then:

Then:

Now:

Come on.

You forgot the updating part.

PC games have the same problem retard. The only difference being that sometimes, and only sometimes, you can delete the files for the intro movies.

Then:

Now:

Best feature ever.

Which games did you play back then? Shitty bootleg 1000-in-1 consoles?

I remember I had to put in Secret of Mana in my SNES. What's worse is that I had to put a NTSC to PAL transformer as well as another PAL game.
I had to power on my SNES
Well, at least the SNES did indeed
I remember a Nintendo logo there, but my memories on this are somewhat fuzzy. Still, Pokemon games had the GameBoy logo screen, the Nintendo/GameFreak copyright screen and the GameFreak logo as well.
Squaresoft had a quite long hidden loading screen in this game.
Yeah, I will give you these.
I can't quite recall if this screen was optional in SoM.
Which modern game requires a loading screen after brightness adjusting?
Yeah, you had to make a new game in SoM as well. Pokémon too. Fuck, I think even Super Mario World required you to do this as well.
Only Super Mario World had a shorter intro cutscene.
I will give you this one, we didn't require as many loading screens back then.
Pokémon had this too. A quite boring and lengthy one, by the way. At least it was disguised as part of the story.

You're full of shit, OP. Smelly Pajeet shit.

I was talking about Action games, not RPGS, of course story driven games like RPGs require all that shit. You don't see any of that garbage in Castlevania, Double Dragon, Contra, or any of those games.

They used to use the manuals to explain the game controls and power-up items. Millennials don't read so they need to include all that in the game itself with flashing lights and explosions to keep the ritilin addicted masses entertained.

Yeah, but those games didn't even require instruction manuals and neither do 90% of games today, you could easily figure out what everything does by yourself in five minutes. Shit loads of tutorials and cutscenes just make the game more boring for ADD addled people.

Don't be a retard. Tons of old games had unskipable logos, at least in new games they let you skip it

Yes it's true, nostalgiafag.

And in case of certain games like MGS5

Anti-tamper soon, comrade.

Then:

Now:

Wow dude its the future of my life

Now:

Fixed.

How fucking old are you?

Then

Now

Why the fuck do games do this

b-b-b-b-but is immersive and movie-like user!

what game?

Out of everything to be mad at concerning modern vidya, you chose brightness adjustment and intro cutscenes?

He is talking about the loading times. Any non toster pc will have almost no loading time with the majority of the games.

Then:

something tells me you're a fag OP.

before this even

I feel your pain OP.

Fucking spics, treating a dead dog like garbage and doing poses for pictures. Fuck them.

fucking tumblr.

Then:

System Logo
Don't blame us if this game causes you problems screen
Publisher logo
Dev Team Logo
Intro movie

Pressing start either went into it after that or showed options.

Now:
Fucking stupid, not worth discussing.

Then was a waste of time.

Optimal:
No static title screen or HUD because of burn in.

In game immediately. Game installing as you play. By the time it finishes installing the disc elements will seem to be continually adding, each one breifly being obvious. Player now too caught up in playing to notice things aren't being added all the time.

Stream from disc, hard drive and multiple usb sticks. Auto fill available space on them with low priority things to be read repeatedly. RAM used more for a scratchpad, altering and discarding.

Wait time literally non existant.

Resume from last played position. Periodically save position for power outage safety, but primarilly save ram content to hard drive on shutdown.

Turning on should be an immediate start too.

If you want an OS then start up without a disc in the tray or hold an OS button.

This game has the worst artistic designs and visual feedback i've ever seen

Like i'm on the cusp of having a seizure at any moment watching gungeon gameplay

Nuclear Throne > That Shit

Nah

digital downloads really are a godsend for shutin neet autpros like us.

There should also be a law against cashier patter that cannot be responded to with "You too."

I refunded my dragons dogma on steam because the splash screens were unbearable and i couldn't be arsed to look for a way to delete them.
I can not believe that companies still do that shit.

nuclear throne is sjw shit?