Okay Holla Forums so I contacted Denuvo in hopes of finding their weak spot...

Okay Holla Forums so I contacted Denuvo in hopes of finding their weak spot, so I pretended I was an indie developer of the game called Dead End Road, and I was surprised they responded to me. Here is what they said, I will copy paste their response from my email. So the first thing what I did is I introduced myself as an indie developer who was interested in implementing Denuvo on my game

Here is their response
Hello!
Thanks for reaching out and your interest in our Anti-Tamper solution.
Our core competence are C++ based games, will you upcoming large project (Dead End Road?) be written in Flash too or do you plan to use C++ or Unity?
I’m happy to follow up with more details when this is clarified!
Best regards, Thomas
Thomas Goebl Director Sales & Marketing

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/crackstatus/comments/4mtb46/
archive.is/4ynvV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So I responded with:
Hello Thomas.
Our next release is called Dead End Road, as you guessed, and this larger project is written in C++ language.
Kind regards, Dean

When are you going to be asked to walk the dinosaur?

But their weak spot is already known, Denuvo can (in theory) be cracked with a single hex value change.
I doubt that email is real, there's a typo in there.

Their response
Hi Dean,
Thanks for the quick reply. Great news!
I cover some basic intro below and some questions I usually get when talking about our protection.
Brief intro:
Our mission is Anti-Piracy for PC focusing on games being published on the various game platforms like Steam, Origin, Uplay,…
Although there is news that we might prevent piracy completely going forward, we have a more realistic view: our focus is to help publishers to secure the initial sales windows of their games hence delaying piracy.
Games released with the Steam, etc. DRM / license management are always cracked on day of release, the piracy groups have automatic tools to remove those – this was one of the motivation why we developed our Anti-Tamper solution mainly on request from EA, our first backer for this technology which was released September 2014 – since then many other publishers jumped on board and we see a growing interest based on the recent successes.

During design we had three major points in mind:
-Security: Current game platform license management system (e.g. Steam, Origin, Uplay,…) are all compromised, but there is no need for a second DRM (hence extra hurdle for the paying consumer) just a way to protect and strengthen the existing one
-Convenience for paying consumers: the paying consumer does not even feel we are there (no extra hurdles, no drop of the in-game framerate,…)
-Convenience for developers: the protection is very easy to apply for development studios (we talk 2-3 days work)
What’s our offering:
The services you get along with our Anti-Tamper solution are a long list:
- Remote and optional on-site 2-3 days support of Denuvo engineers
- Automatic online encryption toolkit (OETK) integration into built process
- Anti-Tamper, Anti-Debugging, Anti-Loader technology for the game released on Steam,… (automatically applied by our encryption engine)
- Tamper Detection implementation with game specific Spotcheck / Trigger system (game play changes for cracked versions)
- DeepBinding module including manual revalidation website (Steam Ticket revalidation service)
- Manual profiling of the game for performance uncritical functions used for Anti-Tamper protection
- Manual testing of the protected game (on all major Windows OS and hardware configuration; performance testing with FPS comparison between protected and unprotected game)
- Early Leak Detection (scanning online for piracy releases)
- Manual piracy monitoring (piracy forums) with regular updates per mail

more in the next post

Plus you get all security updates over time to be released on future games patches, DLCs,… You can also use the protection on all pre-release builds like betas, preview versions, Early Access, etc. and post-release builds like addons, GOTY, etc.
Integration workflow into a game:
The protection is a post-compiler step and does not need any source code modifications on your end (only three compiler / linker settings must be enabled in VS).
We have an online encryption service which is available as SaaS (hosted in the AWS).
Step 1: Provide us (access to) a (running) build with three compiler / linker settings enabled: /pdb /map /fixed:no; the Steam app ID and Steam private key
Step 2: We create and run our performance profiler and play the game collecting performance uncritical functions
Step 3: We setup the game project on the protection server and send a cmd line tool to the dev team with instructions how to embed it to the build process
Step 4: When running the protection our engine decompiles the exe, parses the collected functions from step 2, injects the security code and recompiles the executable (and creates an updated pdb for debugging)
We usually see this workflow done in 1-2 weeks but suggest to start integrating it 1 month prior goldmaster date to have enough time and focus – also for testing.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Best, Thomas

Do it in the next 60 seconds, GO

So I responded

Hey.
I like the services package. I personally researched Denuvo performances looking through game reviews on the Steam Platform (Hitman, Just Cause 3) and I'm quite satisfied. I will proceed sending you a build of our game and what else is required. But before, can I ask you how much all of this will be priced?
Awaiting your answer.

Hi Dean,
Thanks, indeed currently we have quite a run with the protected titles. Just to manage expectations (also for the future), we don’t position our Anti-Tamper as uncrackable, but as hard to crack – the ultimate goal is to prevent a cracked version in the initial sales window. For sure, the longer the protection holds, the better ;-)
When do you plan to release ‘Dead End Road’?
I cover all sizes of titles regarding pricing, please provide your estimate under which category ‘Dead End Road’ will fall.
Pricing:
We offer a wide range of business models to cover different scenarios intended by you as a publisher / developer. I’m also happy to discuss tailoring something reflecting your needs.
Official ordering and invoicing is done by our partner Sony, we do the technical fulfillment.
The standard pricing models:
Lump sum model:
AAA title (bigger 500k units on PC): 100.000 EUR
AA title (smaller 500k units on PC): 50.000 EUR
Indie title (less than 100k units on PC): 10.000 EUR
Or
Per unit pricing:
2.500 EUR setup fee.
0,15 EUR per unit reported monthly based on Steam,… owners.
(optional) cost covering for on-site visit if requested.
Return of investment:
As I often get the question regarding the ROI when using our Anti-Tamper… as every unprotected game is cracked on day of release every day crack free secures additional sales for you, for sure: the longer it’s uncracked, the better.
If you want I can share collected posts of pirates stating that they bought the game as no crack was available (we see this for every game we protect). That’s good feedback and shows that we do something right, but no quantification. Usually it's hard to show hard numbers of additional sales and how long a crack free windows should be ideally to generate additional sales but yearly franchises like FIFA from EA or Football Manager from Sega can be used for comparison.
For Sega’s Football Manager the sales numbers are publically available (approx. numbers from SteamSpy) and you see that Football Manager 2013 (good crack free window of 1 month vs. 0 days on FM 2012 / 2014) sold ways better: Football Manager 2012: 1,173,175 units Football Manager 2013: 1,340,023 units Football Manager 2014: 1,177,011 units
This shows that a 4 week crack free window already gives far ~15% more sales (at full price as this is the initial sales window) in this sample.
The titles protection with Denuvo Anti-Tamper see a crack free window of 1-12 month.

more in the next post

Please stop shitposting. This is low quality bait at best. Thanks in advance.

Recently protected games are all uncracked for weeks and months:

FIFA 16 (EA, Origin): uncracked since Sept, 18th

Star Wars (EA, Origin): uncracked since Nov, 17th

Just Cause 3 (Square Enix, Steam): uncracked since Dec, 1st

Rise of the Tomb Raider (Square Enix, Steam & Win10 Store): uncracked since Jan, 28th

Unravel (EA, Origin): uncracked since Feb, 4th

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 (EA, Origin): uncracked since Feb, 18th

Anno 2205 (Ubisoft, Uplay & Steam): uncracked since Feb, 29th

Far Cry Primal (Ubisoft, Uplay & Steam): uncracked since Mar, 1st

Hitman (Square Enix, Steam): uncracked since Mar, 11th

Need for Speed (EA, Origin): uncracked since Mar, 15th

ADR1FT (505 Games, Steam & Oculus): uncracked since Mar, 28th

EVE: Gunjack (CCP, Steam & Oculus): uncracked since Mar, 28th

The Climb (Crytek, Oculus): uncracked since April, 28th

Doom (Bethesda, Steam): uncracked since May, 13th

Homefront: The Revolution (DeepSilver, Steam): uncracked since May, 17th

Total War: Warhammer (Sega, Steam): uncracked since May, 24th

Mirror's Edge Catalyst (EA, Origin): uncracked since June, 1st

Edge of Nowhere (Insomniac, Oculus): uncracked since June, 6th

And finally it’s a statement that we don’t take it as given that the PC Windows platform is a piracy platform.
Getting started:
The easiest way is to send us some Steam keys and the beta branch information + password.
For the special built executable + map + pdb file with the three compiler settings we can provide you an sftp account or you can upload it to any location:
The three compiler / linker settings:
o /pdb
o /map
o /fixed:no;
Steam info: o Steam AppID
o Steam Private Key - in the Stream back-office go to “Security” -> “SDK Auth” and the key is displayed
Best, Thomas

FUCKING POST IT

Hey guys what upppp, im an indie dev and i wanna know how 2 crack deunvo. k thanks lol.

Kisses XD
XOXOXOXOXOXOX

—————————-
Thats what you sound like OP

this post shouldn't have made me laugh as much as it did

My response

Hey.
All of this information sounds convincing. Well we are planning to release our Indie game early in August, if everything goes well. Also I have seen you mentioned you gathered messages from pirates stating they bought the game. Can you please share some of those posts here? I'd like to see it with my eyes, this could be the end of piracy if this really happens.

Their response

Hi Dean,
Great, just let me know when you are ready to roll, which biz model you want & I’ll setup the paperwork with Sony.
Please find below some recent examples from Doom – posts found in some dark corners of the net like nfohump, cs.rin.ru,… It’s not the end of piracy, but it’s a good sign… ;-)

The picture is the images they sent me at the end of the mail

The best defense against piracy is to make a shit game that nobody wants to play.

Who cares? Any game "protected" by Denuvo is doomed to be forgotten by time due to changes in software harming compatibility and the fact that archival is impossible (not that games using it have any value worth archiving). Meanwhile cracked and non-proprietary games will float around and be remembered forever. Literally on the wrong side of history.

This is fake right? They wouldn't actually use these, er, testimonials to convince customers, would they?

But you can find plenty of pictures of people torrenting then buying games that don't have DRM

Why would they do that that is so insincere gosh

The joke is that all those shit games use Denuvo anyway :^)

I think they do it because they want to convince their customers that with Denuvo, the pirates end up buying their games because they are impatient to wait for a crack.
They also sent me earlier how Sega's Football Manager with the DRM managed to sell better than when it had the crack from day 1

And then it sold about the same on their next release.

reddit.com/r/crackstatus/comments/4mtb46/

Kill yourself

kek

FIFA 16 not cracked is true, but it has been bypassed.
and also >playing FIFA

BUMP!
Thanks OP. This is actually an informative thread, for once.

thread archive for spreading info:
archive.is/4ynvV

Name a single good game with Denuvo.

lol Try and name any good AAA game from the last few years.

Bamham Asylum?
I really think it's not bad, much better than its sequels.

That was released almost seven years ago. That's closer to "a decade" than to "a few years".

u wot m8
Also the bypass was retarded as hell from EA's part
You install the demo, then paste the full game inside the demo's folder, delete the .ini that says the game is a demo, block Origin in the Firewall and then regen all the data with an old modding program
It's one of the first FIFA's to actually try something new, shame it didn't work out, also the patches actually bugged the single player and it's very badly optimized

That long ago, eh?

Denuvo can only be cracked if you have the x64 decryptor, which hasnt been made

You put a lot of effort into cracking an anti pirate measure that take away from you only shitty games that you don't want to play or pay for.

You are pathetic. Twice as much, becàuse you even lie to yourself about it. You really think your piracy is justified, even when your actions says that you pirate because your poor, or young, or jew.

Face the truth, you are scum, the scum that hurted pc gaming so much that developers barely port their games there.

this post is disgusting and has the lowest amount of knowledge, please avoid it at any cost.

I bought the new Doom and I dont give a shit if half of Holla Forums here hates it because "hurr its not like the old Doom". I like it

Go away, bud

No you fuck off. All these threads there are these people who cant afford a 40$ game and go " it has denuvo so it must be shit". Nigga, MGS V has denuvo and its one of the goty games of 2015

Cute coming from the guy who's lying and pretending he doesn't care about the games he can't play.

cmon, its not 60$ in every country, plus this price is too high for a game that only has a decent singleplayer.

Even orangebox has costed fucking 20$.

just because the year was shit for vidya doesn't mean a subpar game wasn't still subpar.
MGSV fell short of it's legacy, and isn't that much better than the games that released previously.

Sure
Just don't pretend the new Doom is anything but mediocre

You're the one defending a crap shooter and an unfinished game
By the way GOTY 2015 was 3ds CFW

It looks like garbage, user. Just like every other MGS game.

eh

>inb4 undertale

I was actually going to ask why hotline 2 was so low and paper jam bros is so high.

For an indie-title, wouldn't 15 euros be all they're making per sale?

because LONG CORRIDORS WITH WINDOWS IN THEM

now that's what I call a shit list

I am still pissed Yakuza 5 is digital only
May buy the nip version one day and just use a Guide because I'm not buying a $100 hard drive and brackets for 1 game
tfw 12 gig

the list has been called shit for many times and rarely has someone suggested how to improve it

This is an awful list.

Fallout 4 should be decent or meidocre.
Witcher 3 should be bad tier.
Until Dawn should be you didn't even try tier.
Mad Max should be decent.
Grey Goo should be mediocre at best.
Rocket League great tier
Wasteland 2 mediocre.
Hunie Pop bad.
Transformers mediocre.
Undertale should be shit tier.

Just to name a few. I don't know what autist put Yakuza 5 at god tier; it looks like overrated garbage to me.

Hunniepop to bad tier
MGSV to good tier
DmC to absolute garbage tier
Pillars of etternity to decent tier
Undertale to good tier

Now that's what I call shit taste.

I can't even count the number of problems I'm seeing in this list.

No

What fucking game has released, with denuvo, actually worth playing though? God damn this dumbass generation.

And now you see why I just take the 'average opinion' in order to come as close to a consensus as possible

Do you mean the game is 12gb? You seriously don't have 12gb? A $100 HDD is like 2tb, user.

Epic meme.

I have no idea what you're even trying to say. Are you insulting me for only moving games that I've actually played. Sorry for not judging games until I try them, user. I'll be sure to try hating things instinctively like you.

At least we can agree that huniepop shouldn't be so high.
Also add Monster Hunter X, put it same teir as MH4U because they're the same fucking game

No the game is 25 gig
My PS3 is 12 gig

I'll admit the list isn't too bad, A lot of things are where they belong

We should just make a poll allowing multiple responses, with the list of all games released on 2015, and let anons vote on what games on the list are worth playing. When its over just rank the games in 10 games tiers by popular vote.

Popularity never yields the best results

Yeah, we should be like the libtards and ignore opinions altogether.

Votes have never worked.
Especially when there's games like undertale out this year, which attract the shittiest of the shitposting from both sides of the spectrum.

Who cares to be honest?Who gives a shit?
A pool will just be proxy'd to death by 3-4 autists, you're just making effort some largely useless chart

Yeah, like I said, we should be libtards and ignore opinions altogether. We know what is good for everyone without requesting their input. Let's just make lists how we want them and tell people this is what they're suppose to like. Simple.

Yes, a vote yields retarded opinions, and bad people outnumber the good, especially in this board
And honestly not many have analysed the majority of those games, let alone played them
I'm not against nor in favor of the chart, just saying a vote rarely gives a good/honest result
Now a vote with streamlined ratings as in "non-game" "bad" "decent enough" and "good" might work, taking into account a lot more users here distinguish between them

I know, but a list of "games better than others" only generates low quality discussion, everyone who is not an underage dumbfuck can take a "popular vote" list with a grain of salt.

I though poal.me was largely immune to that kind of shit.

Stormkidding should be banned, you already made your point about being butthurt

There's a difference between silencing dissent and silencing a bad idea.

I don't know why you're pushing the subject further as if you're trying to persuade me, I've already agreed with you.

If you have any better ideas that will be free of shitposting and rigging, we're open to ideas.

I made the chart just to serve as a reference in the future so people could quickly remember what games were released last year and what most people thought of it
I agree I am somewhat biased for games like SHMUPs, though I genuinely think the ones I listed are actually good and if someone else made the chart, they probably wouldn't have even known of their existence because that's not where all the discussion is at. I haven't played all those games either, most I've just ranked according to general opinion

I'll probably casualize the tiers for this year like you suggested, so we get less tierwhining.

Ranking 1-6 a top 6 for each Genre

Yeah well, i can't bitch that much to someone who actually did something recently for the board like you did, but tier-whining is one of those ancient cancer forms that kill any thread
But you may very well use it for that if you please, it's not like there's good threads in weeks, or a good board at all anyways

Wait so we can actually keep the files and have the game instead of having it hostage of valve?

Yes, you just have to crack one file and your good to go.

Shit….which one? I'm not tech savy thats why I'm using steam

Are you a nigger?

steam_api.dll I believe, crack that and you never have to worry again except for online multiplayer. For online I believe there is an emulator for a game that can be configured but don't count on it.

8chon is completely out of touch regarding piracy. It reads like TorrentFreak. Piracy stops people buying games they otherwise might buy. Just because some nigger guilt trips themselves or wants to be a good guy and buy it after doesn't change shit. You have no idea how the average responsible person operates. Free is better than paying. If they can avoid paying they won't pay at all, especially in shit hole countries. Told you faggots this for months. You're getting your shit kicked in badly by DRM. No gook crackers are going to waste their time anymore.

Your whole naive narrative relies on "we can't possibly know how many". Just as bad as "if you make a good game it will sell".

Which is it?

both you dumb faggot

This past has always been right

Your whole post is pirated, prepare to get sued kid.

Are you a Jew?

So you're saying that devs have the right to make shitty games that sell over 1 million copies? Sounds like devs need to stop being entitled.

If I had pirated it first it would have stopped me from buying
Flashback, the reboot
Rayman DS
Pony Island
Borderlands I don't play multiplayer vidya, it's shit when you're alone
Skyrim

It stopped me from buying
Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Reciever

It didn't stop me from buying:
Eversion free version instead of pirated
Antichamber
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Doom 3 & Doom 3 ROE
Painkiller
Postal 2
Minecraft
Serious Sam, all of them
Half Life 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Super Meat Boy
Undertale
LISA
Star Wars: Jedi Academy
Guacamelee
Human Resource Machine
Infinifactory
Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure
Elite Beat Agents

Are you seeing a pattern here? Good games get dosh, bad games don't. Bad games rely on the customer buying the game and then realizing it's shit, and I'm not dumb enough to go through all that. If I started pirating earlier I would have a lot more money from all the shit games I bought and never play.

As if devs give out demos nowadays. Besides, Aliens: Colonial Marines had a demo that ran better than the game and had parts that weren't in the game, meaning it can't represent what you're getting.

If a company wants to use DRM I don't care. I've got plenty of games to play while I wait for it to be cracked, and I'll try it then. If the DRM is something that fucks up your system, like Sony's music rootkit or Denuvo if you have a SSD, I'll buy the game and play the pirated version if I like it.

Still not convinced that piracy is a good thing? How about:
People who run OSX or Linux, or have some exotic hardware, and they want to make sure the game runs
People with disabilities, who want to make sure they can play the game
People who own the game but want to set up a quick LAN party, and not everyone is guaranteed to have it
People who want to get around shitty restrictions put in place by the publisher See Resident Evil: Mercenaries on the 3DS. You can't wipe your save file, so used versions are useless
People who want to store an offline backup of their vidya, in case they have shit/no internet
People who just want to play a game they own but the DRM won't let them
People who own a game on console, but want to emulate because they're too lazy to set it up if you consider emulation a type of piracy

All the good crackers grew up and work for anti-piracy / security companies, now. An entire generation of "programmers" raised on Java is what you have now and they can't even crack old shit. Soon you'll have an entire generation of Python programmers who can't even read assembly. Piracy is over.

Wow, look at this entitled pissbaby.

both you retard.
if I don't want to support a developer but its not available to pirate i won't buy it either.
I've stopped watching most movies for the same reason. most of it is fucking shit and not even worth the time to pirate and watch.

Now you've made me hungry for some pasta
Fuck you

It's a fucking hassle, most seem to be behind autistic closed application trackers.

And you're just totally fucked if you want the latest build of some early access piece of shit.

user, unless you are still in Highschool I'd suggest you go back and learn how to properly format a letter. Nobody with half a fucking education would believe a single ounce of this shit.

fucking kill yourself

While we're talking about it, a guy on plebbit called "mkdev" bypassed denuvo.