PS2 Thread

For far too long lesser consoles have had their own thread without PS2 fans make one in response.
They have taken our silence as weakness but no more!
We shall have a thread dedicated to the best console of all time with the best library of games ever, bar none.

Go get your trusty, old PS2 and enjoy gaming bliss. Go back to the time before the industry died of DLC, SJW and similar cancer. When games were made to be fun and faggots triggered by tits were rightly ignored.

Just remember that emulation is not recommended to enjoy PS2 games. In emulation lies countless glitches that destroy all enjoyment of the games. Hardmod or softmod your PS2 if you must but never emulate.

Could you have included any more shitty games in the chart? Yeeeeeesh

Son, not all those games are great but many are. You got to get some taste

>>>/reddit/

Since you are posting a PS2 list, you might as well post a PS1 list since it is backwards compatible. No reason not to, it's basically two consoles in one.

which is the reason it's best console despite nintendo and xbox consoles of that generation having great exclusives as well

Anybody here know how to change the OpenPS2Loader network settings after setting them the first time?

I need to get around to modding my phat ps2

Heads up for anyone that cares: the Beta 4 fan retranslation patch of Ar Tonelico 2 is now out. Thanks to some help from a hacker that's worked with Gust's stuff before, they've gotten some bugs and otherwise previously unsolvable issues worked out now, as well as apparently reimplementing even more unused content than what Beta 3 added.

Been meaning to get around to finishing Shadow Hearts: From the New World, but I've got my stuff all packed up until this weekend.

I've seen Skygunner locally all of one time. Store was wanting $30 for it (which while not entirely cheap isn't too expensive either; if I have to drop that much I'd prefer to do so on something actually a bit hard to find, or at least long), so I didn't grab it, and haven't seen one since.

Hope you get your CRT fixed, or at least find a cheap replacement.

Modding a PS2 slim over here, but having some issues. I hacked copies of NHL 2004 and Madden 2004, both are games that should let you load uLaunchELF when you swap the original discs with the hacked copies, but all I get when I launch network config to try to access uLaunch all I get is the "please insert PlayStation disc" message. I am swapping the discs as fast as I can but to no avail. Any help please?

It's not a perfect game but god damn do I love sperging out in the universal century mode.

My ps2 slim finally gave up the ghost and is no longer reading disks
Pretty sure it's a laser problem, where would be a cheap place to get a new laser?

Just use OPL with smb share.

I can emulate PS2 just fine.

Also PS2 is far from best console of all time, underage faggot.

Sure, play the worst versions of them.

Outside that, how well does a HDD work in a PS2, and how to you put games on it? Can you just burn games to the HDD from disc, or do you need to use Toxic on each game?

How well does POPS work on PS2?

The PS2 is your one-stop shop to sixth gen gaming. The differences between versions are minimal and many times the PS2 version is superior, like in MGS2.

Seriously? What the fuck. I'd heard that pcsx2 or whatever emulator was great. I found this thread just because I was hoping to emulate Dark Cloud 1/2

I can't get that shit to work

That statement is false considering a few games do run well

However a lot of them cause graphical errors and what not.

I've emulated several games, with few problems.
Trapt had a few graphical glitches and I had to dl a particular build to get the cutscene audio to sync properly in Shadow of Rome.That's about it so far.

He posts that same statement every PS2 thread he makes, usually prompting a lot of thread to just wind up being people arguing against the point.

Yeah. OP is a faggot, as usual. Fortunately I got it figured out myself, gonna try fine tuning things so it's not so blurry, but if you're making a thread about older games and consoles you can't just rule out emulation.

Sonnyger please

I only have the slim version. Is there any way to play gaymes in it without having to burn DVDs?