"WHY IS THE SAVE ICON AN IPAD OR KINDLE OR SOME SHIT, THIS IS DUMB AND I DONT GET IT"

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8ucCxtgN6sc
imgur.com/a/fvh1M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

That's a vinyl record, you retard.

>>>Holla Forums

user you need to get your eyes checked, that is obviously an 8-track player

Fuck I'm old AMA

When did you discover you were addicted to sucking dick?

who came with the idea of picturing the floppy upside down, you are supposed to hold it with the little window up don't you?

-because despite being old and shitty it's recognizable and has a simple square design that makes for a convenient icon.

Man I think I'm too old for Holla Forums

try squeezing your finger and feel the bone inside, its really thin and small, like only a bit of pressure could break it and thats the only thing keeping your finger straight

wer'e just like a bunch of meath stuck on those thin rods of bone and they break so easily

holy shit man i'm scared now, we're supported by shitty organic rods, bone is basically like harder meat its not even like a proper hard mineral

We future now.

Business end down. I don't know why, but that's how people like to imagine objects.

VIDEOGAMES
I
D
E
O

G
A
M
E
S

Get a load of this underage. I hear your mom calling you.

who are you quoting?

No no user, that's dicks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8ucCxtgN6sc

Why did I click that.
Why did you link to fine bros

Watch the full video, I dare you. You will change your mind about people saying stupid shit.

Webm or fuck off.

Yeah nah.

FUCK YOU NIGGERS ITS NOT LIKE MODERN COMPUTERS ARE ALL JUST ONE PIECE THERE IS STILL SUCH A THING AS A SEPARATE CASE AND MONITOR YOU FUCKS

These assholes aren't "young", they're retarded.

And I'm not even to the 1:30 mark yet. Fuck me.

fuck even the interviewer is stupid

In all serious to this though, there will be a point where some things in games will become so old that generations later won't get it. If they even play the game.

Hotel Dusk had a "puzzle" where the tape came out of a cassette and obviously everyone knows you need a pencil to wind it back up. But kids growing up now only know cassettes as phone cases. Some will have no clue about that puzzle.

haha its funny because when if the save disc could be older was floppy back the day

actually i don't know if i would have gotten that cause i would usually just use my finger

Nope, the bare minimum is your fingers and autism

The fact that people are legitimately becoming stupider doesn't help either. Especially considering how much dumbed-down technology is going to make things worse from now on.

Even a controller is going to be too much for people in the future to handle. Everything from the past is going to be unusable as far as they are concerned.

I'm pretty sure that's because the floppies were generally labeled upside-down, like some old video game cartridges, so the "up" side is generally the label rather than the business end.

Do you know how to use an abacus, user?

Ha Ha +1 Friendo

Of course I do. I am not retarded and I have a lot of money to count.

Oy vey!

Your joke is fucking terrible OP.

>you will never rape human females with your femur

What do you mean "will?" Any video game puzzle that even involves tape cassettes is going to utterly baffle modern scrub gamers. Really these days it's only retro gamers that know it's even possible to put games on floppy disks, tape cassettes…

To be fair your average computer user has no idea what the difference is between a command prompt and actual code. You'd be surprised how much of a barrier this is when you're teaching someone about computers.

I want to see good old 3" disks back, even though USB keys made them obsolete. It would make me hard on nostalgia.

The only thing more powerful than money is more money. I will outjew the Jew.

You could still buy them at Radio Shack fairly recently; I think it's mostly retros keeping the market up. Someone earlier linked an image of a modern-looking USB floppy reader.

Tech getting better and evolving from cassettes to disks is a good thing. That makes it more powerful, I don't really blame someone for not knowing how to use morse code to send messages over telegraph when a telephone is easier.

The issue is when tech makes it easier for you to be dumb and get away with it. From writing down and typing in phone numbers so you know them, as opposed to now your phone has an address book and people wouldnt be able to call anyone from a phone that isnt theirs.

Have legitimately had people my age 20 turn around and ask what the "save square" is. As if floppy drives are thousands of years old or something.

It's less about that and more about people being incapable of learning obvious things that are made to be intuitive. More specifically, stupidity.

I still have some here at home, but they're a little light in terms of data storage. I'd buy these en masse should a 10gb 3" disk be released, though.

I heard that an expert user of an abacus is allegedly faster at computing PI than a computer. Or something like that.

you didn't have to do this to me, but you did

You can still use 3" disks if you get creative.

God, do I wish. I remember the computers I grew up with being fucking heavy and only slightly less of a pain in the ass to carry than their monitors. Actually they still are if you build your own instead of buying a casul one online.

I've actually had to train myself to play PC games made before 2000, outside of StarCraft 1. I simply could not handle games like Thief/Deus Ex simply because the entirety of the game feels like…like reading Poe. Exactly like reading Poe.

I MUST HAVE A TUTORIAL FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

Depends. I've got a homebuilt box in a CM 690 II case, but it's less heavy than many prebuilts I deal with at work. And even then, it's maybe 45-50lbs at worst, which even a weak motherfucker can carry easily.

Windows 8 is the first Windows that actually requires you to be retarded in order to use it properly. It's pretty amazing. Designing something so intentionally stupid must require a lot of talent, competence and focus.

Congratulations. You have a rare ability that very few people nowadays have. It's called 'learning'. It allows you to acquire new skills and adapt to different situations. This 'learning' is what people back in the day used when they didn't have phones that could think for them.

Actually when I started doing retro gaming the first thing that fucked with my head was the lack of a standard WASD movement control. I'm still not sure how you're supposed to play games that map movement to the arrow keys, on the right side of the keyboard, and then still expect you to use the mouse also on the right side of the keyboard.

No, user. In the video they clearly have a computer that is much smaller than the monitor. I forgot what type of prebuilt it is but my school used to have em. Thank god there was never a point in my life where I've actually had to handle a CRT, back in those days once a computer was set down, it stayed there forever for me.

Well, I pretty much have to learn if I want to play any vidya that is fun beyond a day or two.

I originally only used PC for RTS, never had a computer that could run anything beyond DooM/Warcraft 3. By the time I started playing FPS, it was with Allied Assault and by then WASD was already standard.

What in the absolute fuck controls did I use for DooM95? Fuck, that's too far back for me.

Oh right, dial up. Ugh.

In the album linked in the description, he discusses the whole PC build, including how he made the SD Floppy reader.
imgur.com/a/fvh1M

Kek

This thread is a good examle of what helped turn cuck/v/ into shit, hence it must be purged from here.

Go back to whence you came, plebbitors, cucks, summerfags and goons.

You will not get hold here.

Why would you need a pencil when you can just use your fingers?

The only people who aren't complete retards are the "dude weed lmao" kid and the token nigger boy. Fucking hell.

Range of motion

You can rotate a pencil a full 360 degrees more easily than your finger, which allows for faster winding. A finger works in a pinch, but a pencil is superior.

…I got some hard work to do now.

You don't rotate your finger you rotate the cassette.

>>>/reddit/

I honestly doubt there are people this stupid, especially 17-18 year olds who have most likely spent a good chunk of their lives online

u wot? Never underestimate the power of human stupidity, especially not the stupidity of humans raised by a web connection and the ability to type web addresses with one hand wrapped around their dicks.

My fucking 17-year-old brother knows about Windows 95.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

My nephews are only like 8-10 years old and they know what this shit is. You have to remember there's so much information floating around on the interent that this kind of stuff is picked up through osmosis.

Nice faith in humanity that you have there. It's rare. You should sell it.

I don't live in the first world, I've never met someone who was spoiled or a pussy besides the applied arts faculty in my uni but I doubt half the people in that were even from the country so this shit is kind of hard to swallow as truth.

I really love how triggered you get.

I tried, user, I tried.

Give it a rest faggot. You're almost definitely one of the newfags you're whining about just trying to fit in.
t. true oldfag