Bungie Hole

So there's another DLC this year that is supposed to carry the game to Destiny 2. How much do you think it will cost? 29.99? 39.99?

Destiny 2 itself was supposed to release this year, but they've totally restarted it when they realized that a quick cynical sequel would be bad for them after Destiny's terrible reception.

I just want 0-G combat and fucking laser space ships.

Im gonna be that asshole. Prepare for wall of text.

At its absolute base level (i.e. the shooting), Destiny is perfectly fine. But everything else and its lack of detail just kills the whole game. Loot tables are fucked. Balance is fucked (instead of actual balancing they want to rotate/cycle metas). Subclasses are far too similar. Vehicles are for point a to point b exclusively. Maps are tiny, and the ones that arent are empty.. SPACE SHIPS ARE EXCLUSIVE TO LOADING SCREENS. Completely incoherent plot. LORE THATS EXCLUSIVE TO THE WEBSITE AND INACCESIBLE IN-GAME. Atrociously stupid enemy A.I. No endgame content aside from an hour long raid (if you take your time), and an extremely short boss rush (half hour if you go slow). The "content" trickle is nonexistent.

The list could go on, im sure. The nice/good with friends meme applies but is shortlived, trust me.

tl;dr The fixes are obvious but Bungie seemingly willingly avoids them in favor of being shit because they think its fine.

nigga you dont even have below earth G on the fucking moon.

Didn't it sell a bazillion copies? How is that a bad reception?

Nigga you think thats good enough for them. If the game doesn't have people creaming their pants for 12 months then its a failure to them. When Destiny released it was forgotten pretty damn quick.

You could have just posted this.

That's not the actual reason, Destiny has the biggest online community when it comes to consoles.
They just wanna milk the suckers some more.

Before The Taken King came out that would have sufficed (tho its still pretty much spot on). But its worse now. Far worse. Things that were passable in Y1 were broken or changed after TTK.

And it's a damn shame it never will happen

All i know is i bought it on sale because i was bored, family got me a ps4 for christmas for looking after a sick grandparent all year and i saw i needed to rebuy the game AND all the dlc to keep playing and fuuuck that.

Its a load of shit. I only still play it so that if i ever go the agdg route, i know what to not do.

Actually, this new expansion that's coming out supposedly was to be apart of Destiny 2, but because of how much they've fucked up (including up to Taken King, TK launch, and post TK launch), they had to go back and keep adding in content or else they'd bleed out too many users before 2 gets launched.

I dropped out of Destiny just before the first dlc came out back in fall of 2014. I was in a month and quit cold turkey because you had to purchase the dlc in order to keep playing all the other end game content. I said fuck that and dropped it. The only reason I actually jumped back was a friend of mine got me Taken King for dirt cheap a few months ago back in January.

I can tell you right now that Bungie still has NO fucking clue what they're doing. The loot mechanics in Destiny are a completely different beast compared to when it first launched in 2014. They only JUST made the prison of elders dlc worthwhile again, but it's both far too easy, far too simple, and far too boring to keep doing. It's like they're trying to make a barebones MMO, but at the same time they just want to make a loot FPS game.

Honestly, at bare minimum, if they had just made a serious (no stupid meme jokes) version of Borderlands with huge maps and more in depth skills, I would have been totally cool with it. Instead, we have this amalgamation of obvious cut content for dlc, completely removed content during development never to be seen again, content that was around originally but has yet to be updated post TK launch, and mediocre content that is expected to be grinded out infinitely.

Most of the players still around are just waiting to see if anything major might happen to shake things up. There's no direction to this game, almost like Warframe. Shit keeps getting added without a thought, and then you're left with a whole bunch of older bullshit that you don't know how to tie together.

If they're just going to try and expand on the slapped together mess of a game for the sequel, Destiny 2 will be dead in the water. If they start fresh and actually have some sort of plan, then they might have a shot.

Either way, fucking avoid this at all costs.

The better question is:
Who gives a shit?

What game sucks more? Destiny or The Division?

the division.

i will shit on destiny for its massive flaws all day every day but in terms of music, vistas and the little bits of worldbuilding not butchered or put on cards on a website its still more enjoyable than KILL PEOPLE IN HOODIES FOR XP AND PHAT LOOTZ BECAUSE REASONS.

They're both equally shit
The Division

The problem with expanding your development team while developing progressively more casual games is that the newcomers, who will eventually become in charge, start having a warped idea of what made everything work, as the veterans lose their touch.
Bungie has turned from a bunch of highschool friends to a few talented senior guys having to lead divisions of new clueless interns. Said senior guys would then leave over time as their soul got sucked out by publishers.

Isn't this shitty game just a paid version of warfarm with slightly better graphics?

Adding sparkles to shit doesn't make the shit any less shit.

You also have to remember that a bunch of head guys at Bungie left during development. There was also the stories circulating that Destiny started over during that fallout, and the shit cobbled together is the end result we have from 2014.

There's a Destiny 2?

Pretty much this, its quite clear Bungie was no expecting Destiny to be a hit given they basically released a beta, once it took off they where left scrambling with seemingly no clue what to do, they keep making the same mistakes, they don't listen to their community and just keep fucking up at every step.

The TTK released just completely killed the game, you went from multiple activities every week to 2 and they filled the game with micro transactions to boot, its pretty shitty, there's a solid game there but the sheer incompetence of Bungie just keeps driving it into the ground.

The contract was supposedly rewritten at some point, but initially Bungie was required to make 4 flagship titles, 4 smaller expanions inbetween flagships, and multiple smaller DLCs inbetween both over the course of 10 years. 90% of the team was required to work on the game at all times, with 10% being allowed to work on a project codenamed "Marathon".

0 because I wont buy it

Daily reminder there are still 15 some exotics not even obtainable in-game, that were supposed to be part of Taken King.

In my opinion, Destiny is completely playable, and somewhat fun if you're not getting constantly fucked by niggers using their FOTM top tier guns. I got it with all the DLC for 10 bucks, and I've spent more money on worse shit.

And the division is just running the same dark zone routes as many times as possible to get the best dank loot/hour numbers. It also has shit gunplay, and simply doesn't work (like most fucking ubishit games) on my computer.

Don't forget the ones the left in year 1 because Bungie is to stupid to re-invent or balance.

Oh and the ones that even if you got in year 1, you can't buy back from the ipad thing cause LOL YOU NEED TO GRIND MONKEY.

More like one or two per classs and two weapons. So like 10 tops.

Fun fact though. Theyre ALL removed from the Bungies armory database AND they added a totally random new exotic weapon instead of the shit we were promised.

I think they balanced up some of the year 1 stuff in the April update. Don't take my word on it though, I could be misremembering.

I'd love a fourth Marathon, but Bungie in this state aint gonna cut it.

Do you remember the start?

Old Bill Nighy talking about the traveller as 3 explorers to Mars found it?

Being woken up by your ghost in the remains of a traffic jam from long ago?

and it kept getting more dissapointing from thereā€¦

Not to be a dick, but you might be misremembering. There was an update some months ago that added more Y1 exotics, which is what it sounds like youre thinking of. However there was an April update that added a few Vanilla legendary weapons. I dont think any actual balancing was involved in the latter tho.

No I mean the retarded exotics that Bungie never brought forward despite re-balancing them, naimly Thorn and Gjallerhorn.

How to make an online game that lasts several years and tells a cohesive story throughout:

But the question is if anyone would buy it.

EEEEEEEEEDEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAF

I would rike it.

My assumption before the living dude reveal was you are a suit using a dead guys skele as a frame to explore a dead world in a worst case scenario spiritual sequel to Snatcher but who knows.

also
EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF
EDF EDF EDF EEDDFF EEEDDDFFF EEEEEDDDDDFFFFF

Its a shame the game turned out like it did. A fantasy space epic with Bungie doing the lore sounds good already. Throw in the on paper gameplay and mechanics and it seemed a lock to be a winner.

Corporate fuckery, team change ups and firings killed the game and its potential.

You seem to misunderstand what reception means, the game received mediocre reviews and most people lost interest in it shortly after release and it only sold well because of Halo fans and hype.
Also high sales =/= good quality.

To add to this.
Not really a big success.

Are you Hideo Kojima, and is this what the knight-spaceman-robot dudes are about?