Atomic Butcher: Homo Metabolicus

Once again, I came to shamelessly self-advertise our platformer/shooter "Atomic Butcher: Homo Metabolicus", which we've been developing 100% self funded in our freetime over the last 3 years.

It's gory, over the top and full of gross-out humor, also it's going to be pretty non-PC in its final form. It's actually a sequel to a game we made as freeware way back in 2004, maybe some remember.

Release date is set for beginning of August, and we got a new gameplay video, check it out here: youtube.com/watch?v=kq2AK_IAf5Q

We recently got greenlit, here's our Steam page: steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=650695447

There's also a demo if you want to testplay it at: atomicbutcher.info/media/

enjoy!

Looks fun I guess but I don't think I'll be playing it because I can't get into that artstyle. Kinda hard to tell what the fuck is going on.

That aside, it looks pretty solid. A hell of a lot easier on the eye compared to the first one.
Is that ingame music?

it's like cave story with vore, I love it

Do you even know what shilling is lad

I played the demo, kinda enjoyed it overall, but there were some things that annoyed the hell out of me. The physics felt slippery as fuck, and the enemy AI was pretty much braindead. Those messages that pop out during every double jump were very obstructive, not to mention pointless.

Though I have to admit that throwing around corpses of hipsters into other hipsters and watching them explode was fun. More games should have that.

6/10, might buy during a sale or in a bundle.

eurocentric as I am, I didn't care cause t's 10 a.m. here in austria. Also, thanks - yep, the music is part of the soundtrack

I know what shilling is, I'm just taking the piss.

yeah, controls are still a thing we are tweaking. They will be improved in the final version, the in-game messages will be optional and can be turned off. Also, AI is not exactly the most important part of a platformer, we gave the enemies more sort of "attack patterns" than actual AI

You know I genuinely have more respect for you admitting to advertising it instead of pretending to be a fan of the game. You know what, I'll buy it.

Cool. I don't think I could find the motivation to do the whole shilling thing anyway, sounded less work to just be blunt about it.

Oh shit I remember playing the first one on some shitty demo disk

SJW pls

I like it, but I miss the ability to hold all weapons at once from the first game, having to switch between them depending on the situation was fun. Maybe have that as an unlock after you beat the game or something. The piss mechanic is MUCH better in this game though, so I don't mind it being the main weapon since it's so fun to use. That, combined with the other new mecanics like poop make it feel like a more unique game than just another mouse based platformer shooter.

>>>/tumblr/

I think that user had a brainfart and saw "Personal Computer" instead of "Politically Correct".

oh, ambigous wording here, of course I meant "non-politically correct", the game will be PC only

Maybe we will implement it as an unlockable, yes, but the general design will stay like that. We wanted to focus on the pissing, cause it was the most unique thing about the original game and everybody remembered it like "that game where you could pee lol".

Weapons are also cool though, so we tried this approach to have both

Looks fucking gross but if there's a market for it then fair enough I guess

good, that's what we were going for. We'll see if there's a market for it,
- hopefully, of course - but we are happy as long as the game manages too confuse or even trigger a few people.

At least you're honest.

Cool, i will check it out. Consider GoG.