Fantasy comics

What are some good fantasy comics out there? Preferably stuff like Tolkien with orcs, elves and dark lords, but anything else is welcome. Are there any good DnD comics?

Other urls found in this thread:

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dungeons-Dragons-2010/Issue-0?id=49727
mightygodking.com/al-rashad/
elfquest.com/read/digitalEQ.html
shinkage.com/
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/
ne.gd-tangent.com/
lvlup.gd-tangent.com/
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Hinterkind/Issue-18?id=101798
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Hinterkind/Issue-1?id=101789
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Roger De Vito Dungeons and Dragons is pretty good, have a go:
readcomiconline.to/Comic/Dungeons-Dragons-2010/Issue-0?id=49727

There's Bone, it starts out funny, then becomes epic. Hal Foster's Price Valiant is an old classic with gorgeous art. Cerebus The Aardvark starts as a Conan parody then goes on for 300 issues while the writer loses his fucking mind. Groo the Wanderer is a vastly underrated book by a master, Usagi Yojimbo is another masterwork often skipped because it's a furry book. Last Of The Viking Heroes, Poison Elves, Ghita of Alizarr.
The Elric graphic novels are good.
The Courageous Princess is like Princeless if it wasn't shit written by a cunt and drawn by a shit-flinging monkey.
If you don't mind straying into manga, there's Berserk, Vinland Saga, Aqua Knight, Lone Wolf and Cub, Vagabond, The Rose Of Marseilles, Slayers, and Orion.
Online, there's Al-Rashad:
mightygodking.com/al-rashad/
And Elfquest:
elfquest.com/read/digitalEQ.html
Shin Kage:
shinkage.com/
Unsounded:
casualvillain.com/Unsounded/
Northern Edge:
ne.gd-tangent.com/
Level Up!
lvlup.gd-tangent.com/

Let us know what you end up checking out, and what you think.

Thanks, fellas.

That's a pretty good post, user.

Seems like a good place to gauge opinion. What do you and everyone else prefer in regards to Bone? The original black and white collection or the individual colored volumes?

I have the complete edition in black and white. Enjoyed it but I feel as if the charm of the story is a little lost without color.

pick one

Fuck off back to /tg/, nerd.

Reported for shitposting.

Order of the Stick is still ongoing, if you haven't dropped it yet. Updates happen somewhat rarely, though.

OP asked for a good comic.

FTFY

This D&D comic was pretty good and rather funny from what I remember.
Unfortunately it was canceled and never got a proper conclusion.

I forgot to pimp Den.
Classic Heavy Metal story, hallucinogenic colour, naked bald buff guy jumping around punching lizardmen with his cock and balls hanging out, what's not to like?

God, I love Richard Corben's art. He did a cool fantasy adventure starring Sinbad the Sailor for Heavy Metal, too, with Jan Strnad.

The comic's garbage now, but it wasn't too bad awhile ago. Rich has the same problem Roosterteeth has in that he's talented at humor but insists on being dramatic which he obviously isn't suited for (see the meandering bloated plotting).

I have vague, but fond memories of the original Forgotten Realms comics. My friends were bigger fans than me, but there was a centaur and a dwarf who were battle buddies, and the dwarf would ride the centaur and throw darts…

Yes, Elrod of Melvinbone is aweseome.

I'm enjoying Scales and Scoundrels right now. Orcs, dwarves, etc. The main character has some sort of draconic lineage and is a classic rogue/thief type. It's lighthearted and fun. Color work is gorgeous. I can see how the art might not be for everyone, but I like it, particularly keeping in mind that it is an all ages book.

I read first two tomes of Dwareves and it's pretty good so far. Art is absolutely great, stories are solid, but dialogues do get a little bit edgy at times. What might be off-putting to some is that Dwarves live on surface and have a more of a blacksmith-highlander-warrior society instead typical blacksmith-miner-warrior.
Each of the books told completely standalone story with brand new characters. First one was about a common dwarf fighting his way to the top of the society. Second was a story of a dwarf assassin/thief who was putting together a heist to steal a legendary treasure.

You weren't kidding about the art - coloring aside it's pure tumblr. Premise does sound interesting enough to give it a try.

Comics vary between decent and great. In either case they much better than Moorcock's books.

This absolutely piques my interests.

Aren't those more straight historicals than fantasy?

Step it up, senpai.

Slaine.

Got a link to this, user?

Context?

Hinterland.

The story about the mankind is pretty grim and sad. The art is ok and little bit dull but it's way better than the jewish art.

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Hinterkind/Issue-18?id=101798

Don't read that link. Use this link. Sorry!

readcomiconline.to/Comic/Hinterkind/Issue-1?id=101789

Is Battleaxes any good?
I asked about it before, but the thread was deleted for "not being a storytime".

I read it after I have seen it discussed here once. It's only four issues long and can be easily found just by googling, so you should read it yourself and make your own judgement. I think it is shit. Closest comic to it is Rat Queens, but with a dash of elements from Conan. Battleaxes is not as bad as Rat Queens, but not much better either. There is no hipster shit in it, plot is slightly better, but characters are about as annoying.

The Pathfinder comics are SJW as fuck, but the Worldscape series has a neat concept combining pulp-era heroes, classic mythology, historical figures with D&D characters.

This fucking Jew-fuelled cancer made possible thanks to Bram Stoker needs to fucking die. The man was a hero goddammit, fucking Gothic Earth and ever piece of media makes him out to be the Gypsy magic using Satanist turned Pseudo-immortal monster thanks to Fucking Christopher Lee when they went fullblown nutjob with D's backstory.

Waiaminute-
MOTHER FUCKER, THAT'S THE JEW USED CENSOR WORD OF THE FUCKING CORRUPT MERCHANTS AND SHITHEADS THAT TURNED HIS COUNTRY INTO A FUCKING FREE-FOR ALL AMMORAL MERCHANT FEST USED IN ALL THE MODERN DOCUMENTARIES FOUND TODAY.
This isn't just Pozzed, it's rewritten History tier pozzed.

Hey Holla Forums

Thanks user, it was great.

Its sad that the only piece of media that depicted Vlad as an unironic hero was Dracula Untold, which was capeshit.

RIP

This is pretty amusing.

As a life long Conan fan and a very very distant RE Howard relative, that, fuck man, just fuck that….just fuck it.

It's going to be awesome when they have America make an appearance and convince Conan to transition into Conita.

But first Jean Grey will need to make him gay.

just steer clear of recent entries not written by Mignola to avoid outright poz, it's all just side content anyway
otherwise you have a lot of absolute comikino, a subtle blend of pretty much every mythos created up til the 50s

R E A D
berserk

>>>/maka/12729
>>>/maka/15322
>>>/maka/16706
>>>/maka/14164
>>>/maka/18577

I assumed that Hellboy, B.P.R.D. and their other spinoffs are popular enough to not be mentioned. Besides, Hellboy's genre is hard to pin down, it is an odd mixture of fantasy, horror, and weird fiction.

Dark Ark is a pretty interesting ongoing series. It is a story set during The Deluge from Genesis, except it follows the second ark. In addition to Noah's Ark ordered by God, Satan ordered his own ark from one of the sorcerers who served him. Second ark was built to save various monsters from God's wrath, and if second ark survives, sorcerer will be released from all debts he owes to hell.

This shit sounds awesome.

Go back to /a/.

anyone else read headlopper?

Shugga was the best comic in the history of the medium, and possibly the best thing in history itself. AND the future. There is nothing better than Shugga, and NOR SHOULD THERE BE.

Fuck you. Berserk is always relevant.

Aniki, what's /maka/?

I decided to finally read the first volume. It is pretty good, and simple art style work very well for the action and authors do not get lazy with it. It is sort of like LastMan in how a simple style is used to its full potential in showing motion and flow of action. It's also nice to get an old protagonist for a change.

My only gripe is this page. Why would they leave the head out? Panels 2 and 3 would work much better if full monster head was in them. Panel 3 especially. It could basically just be replaced with a solid color filled panel with word Chomp, and it would achieve the same effect.

Another thing I appreciate about Head Lopper is ditching the standard release model. More independent creators should experiment and find what works best for them, instead of slavishly sticking to 20-30 pages a month, and have delays and hiatuses.

The art style is a bit too cheap for me.

bump

Sooo from time to time i hear people bring up battle chasers,was it ever any good?

Why?

(OP)
Two new recommendations.
Sword of Ages is basically a mixture of Arthurian myth and Starwars, but tech is basically magic, and king Arthur is a girl raised by magical Sabre tooth tigers and monks. It started recently and is only on second issue. It is authored and drawn by Gabriel Rodriguez, who was also the artist on Locke and Key.

Other one is Valan the Outcast. It is a decent book, but nothing groundbreaking. Just a pulp adventure story, with tone somewhat similar to Conan or Fafhrdt and Gray Mouser. Main character is a former king who is now an undead. He is on a quest to retrieve his soul back from a necromancer who killed and revived him. There are two volumes total.
Art is all over the place, and it fluctuates between good and lazy. Pictures are the best and the worst of what you can expect from it. Book also has some nice alternative covers.

It above average at the very least. Art is very good, and writing is competent, but it has some mildly annoying elements that were common in late 90's/early 00's comics.

You should have bumped with some recommendations.

Attached: Valen the Outcast Vol 02 good art example.jpg (800x1214 2.02 MB, 1.19M)

Wasn't Slaine having some "mommy issues" or some shit back in 2016 ?
Sometimes I wonder where does Pat Mills comes up with shit like that

It's a miniseries that's not on a monthly schedule because:

It would be better off as a graphic novel. Most of creator owned books would probably be.