Actual hard bosses

I'm not talking like enjoyably hard, I'm talking "fuck you you piece of shit" hard.

Bosses that make you rage. Bosses that are made to torture you.

You see, this boss is so fucking crazy that he's meta. At this point in the game, weaknesses don't really matter, damage matters. The AI for this guy is very simple, he has a limited set of actions, namely Beast Eye (which adds two turn counters), Makakaja (which is a stackable boost to magic) and Megidoloan (which is a spell you can't guard against and is a third tier, highly expensive spell that does pure damage) And a few other unimportant spells.

Now, you're going to lose unless you're lucky, which is the point of this fight. This dude is not only a damage gate fight, where you basically have to rush to kill him before he gets an infinite turn streak, but he also makes you waste time buff-breaking and debuffing him in order to fight him if you can't, which leaves you with one or two turns of damage attacks each turn.

You are expected to lose, come back to where he is, lose and come back again until luck favors you.

It's no secret that Atlus does shit like this on purpose, but this is their biggest fuck you.

Not Matador, this guy. This is the actual "Matador" of SMT, Matador is only a taste of what salt is to come.

So what are some other bosses that do this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QeRyprf1oVE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get Fucking good, Mot is ridiculously easy and that video was made on a only forced fights run.
He's weak to lightning and you can get 8 turns out of him easily, plus if you stack rakakaja in the first turn + be the proper level for this fight (which isn't what the video's maker was) the megidolaons will tickle.

Bloodborne has excellent bosses, i even consider Orphan of Kos to be the best designed, more fair and fun boss to fight in any souls game ever, anyone telling you otherwise is a scrub.

But this motherfucker right here is not a well designed boss, or fun, or even remotely fair.

First of all your HP is halved when you get to him, so two hits usually means you die.

Secondly, his hitboxes are utterly and completely bugged, he has multiple attacks that will hit all around him, to his side, and behind him that WILL oneshotyou.

Hitting him is fucking hard unless you're using specific weapons and the camera will freak out and cause you do die, A LOT.

It's a DaS2 tier boss, broken shitboxes everywhere, annoying as fuck to fight, 90% of what he does will oneshot you and it comes down to equipping the longest, most powerful hurtstick that you own and sticking it inside his ass hoping that you can grind him down before he pulls off one of his bullshit moves and oneshots you again.

What a piece of shit boss.

half the difficulty in soul games come from shitboxes, camera and bad controls anyway

INB4 someone posts that boss from Metroid Prime that wasn't that hard

Ozma ff9. He has no action bar and can attack whenever he likes. Each attack has the potential to wipe your entire team.

neo Shinryu ff5 advance. Fuck this nigger.

Pokemon Colosseum and XD had some really cheeky final bosses.
Really annoying

Sundowner on Revengeance, holy shit.

And i mean revengeance difficulty.

Just realized that in this video this nigger has grinded his Pokemon to ~65. You are usually around level ~55 when you fight the final boss.
It's hard if you don't fucking grind for 10 hours like this guy must've

At least with Greevil I'm pretty sure they upped the catch rates on his Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres to be more reasonable, considering how long it usually takes to catch them in the main series games.

High Rank multiplayer Akantor is just a dick in the ass.
Strong and tanky as a GRank boss, it has that single move of turning around and biting you with defense – plus the tailsweep that oneshots you unless you have someway of blocking or are immune to the status effect.

Golden Rajang feels fair in comparison.

Mot is piss easy.
Get 3 zio casters, stack turns on his weakness, he dies before he can even attack. And if you have a mage demifiend then it's just random mook tier.
FUCKING TRUMPETER is the "real matador" of this game

Demi-Fiend from DDS is a harder fight than Mot

That's an ULTIMATE BOSS, user. Mot is literally a mini-boss with a gimmick

Boss Order Sol and Parace are some incredibly hard fighting game bosses that are almost MUGEN tier.

Parace is stupid for many reasons.

Good thing is she's squishy and I don't think she can grab you. Best strategy is a iron defense and use super attacks to safely take her out. Fighting her straight forward is suicide.

youtu.be/QeRyprf1oVE
Forgot link.

If we're talking DDS here, Meganada from the end of the second game is an utter cunt that's a huge damage sponge and changes phases constantly.

So arcade game thread?

Bosses designed to piss you off, you say?

Guess so.

Mot is easy OP. The most annoying thing is that he 90% resists all damage that isn't lightning, and will remove debuffs on himself.

I was too lazy to fuse a demon with good lightning attacks at that point in the game and I was already broken stacked with physical damage, so I just lamed him out and MP drained him/healed though his bullshit. Took like a hour, the complete opposite of a damage gate.

Fuck you.

Honestly I feel super uklanos is worse. The thing to watch out for with akantor is the debuff which halves your defense but beyond that patience wears him down.
Uklanos has a much more sneaky OHKO-strength icebeam and a homing swim attack which is annoying and can still catch vets off guard.

This boss has such absurd attacks it'll actually make you laugh instead of rage the first time you face him.

>still takes over a hundred hits to kill this thing

not as bad as

The final boss of that Ys game where you climb the tower.

Yet another thing that IZJS fixed.

He CAN get infinite turns and just outright shit on you if he fucking goddamn wishes regardless of how much you grinded or prepared.

If counting bonus bosses. I swear, the first time I played Tales of Eternia with friend, Sekundes must have taken a solid 30 minutes or more to beat, and that game usually has fast paced combat (and even boss fights tend to be over fairly fast). There's an in-series reason for him to be so ridiculously though (he's pretty much a cameo of the main antagonist of the first game in the series; fights just like him too, right down to firing lasers the whole way across the screen), and the saving grace is that once he's below X% health (depends on the difficulty what X is), you can nuke him the rest of the way to 0 with a particular spell just like in the intro for Phantasia, but just getting him to that point alone is really annoying.

You're all small-time.
This shit was so ridiculous, it had consolation prizes.

I was pleasantly surprised. Rare to see enemies abide by their own game rules (unless we take -Eye spells into account).

Try fighting these (literal) faggots on Hard. They're the first midboss and the first time through I died too many times to count. The actual boss fight itself isn't hard, but the gauntlet of mooks you're put through before them is. The trick is to break the boxes in the arena and hope for Roulette or Tension cards before you fight these 2. Beat them up with the God Hand and then try to line them up so that you dragon kick both their asses into the milky way. I dread to think of getting through this boss with the Kick Me sign (no god hand, no roulette orbs).

just send a bomb flying when it pulls out its cannons, after that its slim picking

Oh yeah, and THIS.

This guy will make you rage. It was impossible to beat this guy without purchasing a certain move and even with that move, it still took a lot of tries. Hardest boss in God Hand hands down (no pun intended).

(Checked)
Forgot my pic

If we're counting arcade games, can we count fighting game bosses as well?

Any metal gear boss on harder difficulties, I did a MGS1 stream not too long ago where the game DSP'd the fuck out of me and I ended up spending 1 or 2 hours on REX and the Liquid fistfight. It was neat seeing their weaknesses are almost completely unnoticeable and seem random as hell until you memorize how their AI works.

Obligatory Ys mention.

either this is bait or a meme i don't understand
posting the classic matador.

He's pretty easy when you have the Shaolin Blast. It's sort of a repeat of the Mr. Gold & Silver Fight strategy that you mentioned earlier.

When he summons his clones, run and make them all line up near each other so that they're all in your path when you use the Shaolin Blast. Doing so will take out a ridiculously large amount of his health to the point of almost being a OHKO.

Tricky part is having enough HP, roulette orbs, and tension gauge after doing the previous mission that had high level enemies and ended with his pupil. Haven't done a KMS run in hard mode against him yet, and I can't imagine how hellish that must be.

is this the power of emulators?!

God I miss this game.

Are there any good x360 emulators?

I fucking posted a video where the player kills the dude with no problem, good demo.

What you don't see is it's fucking giant explosion that's pretty much an instakill. You have to run away a stupid distance.

Fuck you, cunt, oi am numba wan

There are no emulators for the 360 yet. The only one I found that is in development is Xenia and that is not released yet.

These things sucked SO MUCH ASS TO FIGHT

I'm glad they removed them in the Sigma release. The whole thing basically amounts to "do I have any exploding shurikens left?"
And then you have to fight two at a time. Fuck you.

Only difficult if you never figured out how to find the upgrades screen.

Once you've beaten everyone leading up to him you've got plenty of tools that make his level trivial.

Fucking casuals.

heh

I did a Hard KMS run and after hours of trying every goddamn strategy possible, the only thing that worked was cheesing him with drunken twist

Cheesing is perfectly fine. Sensei's weakness is that he almost only hits high though.

This game had some pretty asshole bosses and minibosses unless if you wanted to be a faggot and abuse the gun.

Oh yes. Thank god I spared myself from doing it though. I had problems with the ancient mech robot thing and shot it to death pretty much then found out bullets cost infinite money and never used the gun again because of that.

Fuck Ellmac. Rest of the bosses were difficult but fair. Fuck Ellmac.

FUCK ELLMAC