TF2c

tf2c

why is dead?

i leave for few months. new updates. but no players.

no one like game anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/
imgur.com/a/t0Gvv
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hi, I'm a primeval warrior.
Launch day tf2 was shit, and no amount of hipster delusion will change that.

There was literally no way TF2c wouldn't have crashed and burned or turned into current tf2, making it redundant.

Because they weren't trying to bring back the actual good old days of tf2, just make their own randumb shit.

probably because everyone got banned from servers from menial shit.

Devs decided to just say "fuck it" to working on the base game and instead ported more shit from current TF2, kept working on DM, and put most of their time on making their TTT knock-off.

Because we have a Fortress Forever and some noitems/nohats servers in normal TF2?

Brony spotted.

i don't mean the horsefuckers, but banning someone just because they exclaim they mute someone is stupid. just kick them or admin abuse until they learn a lesson. but outright banning your only playerbase is retarded.

ips?

A little underage queer by the name Alphablaster kept trying to force his stupid server that was all shit funmaps and obnoxious saysounds (LOUD NOISES ARE FUNNY, LOL). And in his quest to be the biggest faggot around he would obsessively go through every single person's steam page to try even the most trivial thing to ban you over in the guise of getting rid of cancer. The only problem was he was the biggest cancer of them all, especially his Link avatar fagging and homosexual roleplaying as a Link in /erp/.

However this guy is retarded.

THEN WHY EXCLAIM IT IN THE FIRST PLACE YOU STUPID FAGGOT, WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO GAIN FROM TELLING SOMEONE YOU MUTED THEM?

JUST DO IT AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!

yes, it's annoying. i hate those faggots just about as much as the next guy.

but that's not the point, if you ban the players of an already tiny community, then what do you have left besides cricket chirps?

then tf2 classic is kill?

no.

i very much enjoyed playing with you peoples

my name was konkeydong420

i was once banned by alphablaster for politely reminding another player that he can simply turn voice chat off to disable the micspam completely

i am eagerly awaiting the next fps flavor of the month to partake in with Holla Forums

perhaps maybe it can be planetside one??? i do not know. but i hope/

A number of reasons

I think the biggest reason was general burnout of the people who DID enjoy that kinda thing and the final nail in the coffin was the Holla Forums GMOD server that everyone who played TF2C migrated to instead

This is actually hilarious

id play it but i was banned within 20 minutes of joining the only server up

are you this russian?

I stopped playing the minute they took the medic's shotgun away, shit was fun as fuck to use. Without that it was just nothing but micspammers spouting le epic memes and bronies constantly trying to antagonize the server when the mods were away.

ITT: People who never actually played TFC2 with Holla Forums and people who think the Holla Forums server was the only server ever up.

No hitbox/collision fix = no play

overwatch is a better game thats why.

The devs stopped caring about the game remaking beta, and set their sites on making a a DM arena game. That, and not fucking updating the game really took out most of the player base.

What we got left is DM fags, kiddies who just heard about it from VNN, and people who never got board. It might gain traction again if they update though.

What is with the fags in the thread bitching about our ban policies? It kept the cancer out of our servers.

I miss Fortress Forever. Though I really hate how repetitive CTF got.

No one gives a shit.

Anyone with a brain realises that fixing TF2 is a question of picking out the genuinely good ideas that were put into the game over the past decade.

The problem is a project like that needs someone at the helm who actually understood what did and didn't work, while having the balls to address some elephants in the room that valve wouldn't regarding balance.

This is like europe deporting it's citizens for the muslim refugees.

Purely from an experience stand point, I'm probably the one of two people that could actually say anything worthwhile about this.

And even then if you aren't a retard and know how to use the server browser and play the game, there's really nothing you could find issue with the current tf2, I mean barring if you are stupid enough to pay to open crates instead of trading for some gay 4 second taunt

>He doesn't know how to use a mute button

>>>/gaschamber/

>>>/gaschamber/

Another big reason the game died out was half of the server would disappear during peak player hours due to a crash caused by the HD Engineer buildings. Which could have been easily remedied by the mod makers restoring the default models, but refused to due so because ???.

I was under the impression that this was going to be TFC but in TF2

I should stop assuming stuff like this

Several factors. Base game was still rough around the edges and very imbalanced. It needed more fixing but the devs were negligent and decided to focus more on a shitty DM mode, porting things from regular TF2 without care for balance, and making their "Espionage" mode or whatever. The frustration with that is what drove most people away.

Another reason why anons here left was burnout due to server issues. Unfortunately for us, the only server that was consistently up and had good connection was run by a massive faggot and attention whore, and it was a shit show. Unregulated micspam that was completely obnoxious and drowned out any fun micspam, saysounds on top of this, and constantly filling the map rotation with shitty "fun"-maps. Playing on balloon race, then block fortress, then moonman, then wacky races was really fucking boring. The banning was also pretty obnoxious, but if it was really a big enough problem then the people banned could have easily populated another server.

I'd be down to play again if someone else picked up development (maybe some anons here) and if literally anyone else than Alphafaggot ran the server.

Don't insult TFC, an actual Team Fortress game, with your casual trash.

That was some good shit

I FUCKING HATED DEATHMATCH WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING

So what is everyone playing now? Even if TF2C is dead now, I enjoyed playing with you guys and would love to join other games with the same community.

I can't abandon people who I've exposed myself to, after all

everyone is now playing on the Gmod sandbox server

Looks like I will join that server then.

You've been missing out my man

Muted

I always had the suspicion people just didn't like the addition of the new items because a lot of them where ugly as fuck and unnecessary, until I tried playing it again for the first time in years.

The crutch weapons are cancer. "Someone is outplaying you? It's ok we gave you a counter to their class." This is Gmod script-kiddies-adding-broken-shit-to-donors levels of cancer.

FORTRESS FOREVER > TF2"CLASSIC"

That doesn't make your opinion worth shit hombre

There was like four servers if I recall, there was Alphablaster, Gr8stalin, radign and Xperience. Each one had their own strengths and weaknesses I remember. For example there were saysounds on Alpha's and Stalin's but Stalin had a limit while Alpha did not, Alpha played the meme maps and other shadow the hedgehog shit and also the network and computer died with over 15 players on his server while Stalin's was the most stable yet strict with micspam rules. Don't remember much of the radign and Xperience server other than radign hosting as the community hit a brick wall and the Xperience server used a 15 year old computer and died from hardware failure.

People act like tf2c died because of alphysblaster, but it really died because development fucking stopped.
Nobody wants to play a half-finished game, especially when there's still fucktons of bugs.

This is apparently the wrong path, since they decided to do fuck-else.

it kind of does mercenary

It also took out people who wanted to pop by and look at shit but then got banned for the most autistic minutia possible, you had some Stanley Woo tier ding-dong-bannu going on in that server.

I wouldn't call being in 10 brony/fnaf groups minutia.
There was a guy who was banned for a lackadaisy avatar, but he was only banned from alpha's server. gr8 and xperience allowed it. The rest of the bans as far as my recollection goes were entirely cancer purging.

it would be cool, but

are you retarded?

It seriously wasn't me, faggot.

YOU HAVE TO GO BACK

One of the main reason it died was because everyone kept fucking with the balance.

TF2C had bunnyhopping, which meant you could go pretty fast. Up to 20% faster than normal, which is pretty sweet. The problem was that a lot of server owners removed the speed cap, letting you go as fast as you could possibly move.

The primary downside to this is that it absolutely shatters balance. Soldier has a harder time hitting anything, demo can't hit shit, scout loses his purpose when a heavy can move as fast as him, and map balance becomes almost impossible.

Believe it or not, people actually like balanced games. When you throw a wrench into that, without accommodating for the additional movement speed, you fuck up the game's balance and it stops being fun quickly.

That has no relation to it. I don't know how to convince you it wasn't me, and I don't know why you care anyway.

Y'know I think I'll just quit hosting this shit. Save on bandwidth and let a dead game die.

So long, space cowboys.

are you retarded?
do you bunnyhop in battle?
you fucking dont

Maybe you could host some terraria or kirby air ride modoki on air, both need servers.

this is why i don't play games with you faggots. goddamn.

Awful balance, mate. Sorry, but the game's shit.

not too fond of how offense and defense works in the game though. scouts are designed for perfecting your cap route rather then confronting enemies and thats basically offense in a nutshell since once you take the flag more than 12 feet its basically yours.

They tried way to hard to make a 1:1 conversion of TFC, with all of its bugs unintended features and faults included.

I liked the engineer's railgun, though.

They kept adding useless stuff (like DM or now the upcoming pseudo TTT gamemode) rather than focusing on the TF2 part

Holla Forums hosting a game community is like opening a restaurant that just serves feces. You'll find a few customers, but most will take one look inside and leave, and all the shit-eaters will assume the general public isn't smart enough to enjoy their fine cuisine.

Yeah, there were other servers, but they were never up for a while. Some like Xp and rad were only up sporadically and Stalin's was pushed out due to a concentrated efforts made by Alpha for apparently disagreeing with some bans.

I'm sure that having a shit server with a shit admin was still a contributing factor

So is someone else willing to host a server or something? Maybe we can actually revive this game if we get a new host who isn't a faggot. i.e. goes easy on the bans, less shitty server addons, better maps.

Let it go user, it's a dead game

Honestly until a major update happens focusing on the not TTT ripoff gamemode nobody will play it. Until they start focusing on the vanilla experience nobody will play it until it becomes flavor of the month again.

Plus I'm unsure what one to use for a server box and which one to use for a gaming box, an i5-3470 and an FX-8350.

Any idea if the low poly mod from ages ago will work with this game?

Its dead jim

This

Alpha banned the majority of Holla Forums so the whole server was filled with people trying to be as edgy as possible before they either get banned or find something else to do

the kind of people this appealed to were already burnouts with a gajillion hours of tf2.
lurkers got scared off by all the drama and horror stories of memeing.
regulars were turbo casuals who couldnt even autohop correctly and would only play meme shit like mario kart or f2p shit 2fort.
of course payload being broken as fuck didnt help that situation any i suppose.

Really if we are going to host another server it should just be regular tf2 with forced vanilla and no hats, at least the maps will fucking work and we won't have to worry about crashing.

tryhard hipster/10

>>>/tf2/

I noticed this in the new Gmod video he put up. It's not them building cool shit, it's not them having fun on a gamemode, instead it's just them running around building concentration camps killing jews in the game while making Nazi shit everywhere. Really helped me realize how much of an edgy motherfucker him and his friends are.

He actually handed in a report to his school that the holocaust didn't happen and did an oral presentation on it and whines whenever the principal takes away his MAGA hat in lunchtime.

I gotta know the source of this.

I bet you actually paid for that golden scattergun too.

Well they obviously must if you're so assblasted about them they need to be banned.

Wait, what?

Hi, Tenma here, the owner of europoor. It's off since few weeks, cuz I needed my VPS back for my old shit, sorry for that. But I've got good news. Next month I'm getting pretty powerful dedicated server (in europe ofcourse) and i'll host TF2C server again + other cool games (serious sam, quake 3 etc)

Sorry again for abandoning the server, but it was hardly used, unlike Aplha's and I needed to reformat my VPS to FreeBSD.

I would also love to host some HL2 mods like SourceForts and JailBreak.. used to play this shit so much, but now it's dead. There's pretty solid Holla Forums Serious Sam steam group that plays constantly (and some other FPS games too) but they're all from USA) Feel free to sugest what kind of games could we all play.

Refer to freemium.webm, user.

What are the specs on that machine if you know them? I'm trying to upgrade my server box but again I don't know what to use for processors and shit.

Alpha's underage?! Wow, who would have thought?

most likely

Intel i7-4790K
4,4 GHz
32 GB RAM DDR3 1333 MHz
2x240GB SSD
250 MB/s or 1 GB/s unlimited

I didn't even know that was a thing, dear christ.

It's either that or have 90% of the custom maps missing assets and payload being bugged up the ass.

Well, anyway if 20+ hp is a thing then stick to classic.

Ah, thanks. I've been hunting for a new processor, so here's what my box will be.

Intel i5-3470 or AMD FX-8350
3.2GHz Quad or 4.0GHz Octo
32 GB RAM DDR3 1600MHz
1x500GB HDD, 1x1TB HDD
100MB/s unlimited

Live tf2 has some weird balancing, the +20hp for air blast is true. It's also bloated as fuck, but that should be obvious. I'm stuck with old laptop and I can't get stable 60fps on live tf2. Not a problem for tf2c.

Deathmatch with rail gun and unlimited bhop was sure fun as fuck.

or we're playing colloseum

Fistful of Frags?
Day of Defeat: Source?
Cube 2: Sauerbraten?
Counter-Strike 1.6?

Cool story bro

Furfag is mad he got banned lol

I can see why people would want to ban them.

hi faggot

I hear his voice. he isnt underage.

It's me on 4g… cube2 and dods sounds good. I also thought about ut99

Last time we had a vote, it was Goldeneye: Source that won. I can't remember the runner ups but I know GMod and FoF were on there.

Granted nothing ended up coming of it so if there's a transfer to another game that actually does happen, let us know.

I tried hosthing goldeneye on the same VPS that TF2C's europoor used. It didn't work for some reason.. or to be precise, it did work when TF2C server was off. I'll of course try again, shouldnt be a problem this time.

and btw, yes it's like my 3rd ID in this thread, my IP is changing for some fucking weird reason, if you don't belive its me (idk why would you care anyway) you can add me on steam and ask or something

steamcommunity.com/id/amigarules/

Sums it up. Alpha's whole HURR RULECUCK faggotry was fucking horrible. The fags enabling him and joining his laggy ass server didn't help, especially when Stalin's server was up and running well.
Funniest part for me was seeing his steam profile filled with retarded TF2 items. He's a fucking fool.

Never put spergs in positions of power, they don't know how to use it.

Is that because you never got any of the good consoles/PC games.

the country is selected at random.
amiga is cool

It's not the game I want to play when I go into Team Fortress 2.

let's compromise.

what about…. team-deathmatch ?

Team Deathmatch?

yes, why ?

deathmatch is shit because there are no real choices to make.

the rocket launcher stands head and shoulders above every thing else in the primary slot and with the shotgun being the best secondary.

theres no armor mechanic nor any megahealth equivalent so i never have to guess what pickup someone is going to go for.

theres no reason not to go for the crit powerup any time its up considering its like triple damage with no falloff and its usually in an area thats hard to contest on top of that.

once you get any two good items its just patrollin through the pills to get overheal while stompin on any itemless pleb that happens to appear on screen.

The classic tf2c deathmatch is like that, but I wanted to change that. Although I know if there's a point. I think I still have a build that has more than 3 slots, you can pickup all weapons. It's a bit buggy though

I don't know if there's a point.

I honestly think we should try out Cube 2, looks like fun, works on a multitude of OSes, has an in-game edit mode, and its not dependent on Steam so people who don't like to use Steam can still have fun.

I've played it online few times, it's alright. It's more like an engine more than a whole game. It could be used for great things. We should look up mods and games done in this engine

Giving it one more try at mapping.

Hopefully, the GNU/Linux meme won't have any issues with Hammer.

imgur.com/a/t0Gvv

He's not underaged; he was 18 in his senior year which means he's probably 19 now.

Skimmed it

Amazing decision skills. I can see why he was such a great admin.

Pretty good report, 10/10

ctf_moonman was shit but it was my shit

it was a decent report honestly, his teacher gave him an A.

hey the gmod server is fun and we do build shit you DIP

Shouldn't you be studying for your high school finals Alpha? Education is more important than banning bronies and furries.

i am not alpha, and even if I was don't you know its summer?

It's summer for college kids, high school still has to deal with final exams and other shit before summer lets out in late June. It's the reason why it goes to shit mid May but really shit after June.

Now go carry out your pretend Nazi fantasies about how the holocaust never happened while building concentration camps hoping it happened. ;')

i just stopped playing because i got bored of TF2C itself

Can someone explain what the fuck is going on?

this turned into an "expose alpha" thread pretty quickly. alphablaster was the original tf2c hostfag

Yeah but what exactly did he do that made everyone pissed off?

What for? He's just some Naziboo literal faggot.

Come on, user. A game like that could never last for long. I'm surprised it has at all with everything flooding the market.

So long as there are still fortresses, sure.

a man can dream

half the devs work on a TTT gamemode that nobody asked for while the base game was buggy, added shit that wasnt needed. They rarely updated. Now a tranny is working on it

just a bunch of butthurt mutefags, bronies, and furries.

Xperience was the best server, I didn't care for stalin's because how anti fun it was limit on saysounds and alpha's was running on a literal toaster so it was laggy.

The holocaust didn't happen, though.

this ID: ddad is right

I liked that server the best as well even if that server was also on a fucking toaster. Even if it didn't have saysounds at least it had much better stability and variety.

Wait what, Facepunch are into tranny pride or some shit like that.

They've always been SA lite, of fucking course they would be into gay and tranny pride. For a while being right wing was bannable.

He's also a faggot who would trawl through your traceable internet history to find something to ban you for in the name of server purity if you were new to the server, and if he couldn't actually find anything you'd need to watch your ass

Besides being a site full of elitists queers, they actually support faggot shit because one of the guys who take snapshots with their Shit Film Maker is literally a trap?

Alpha quit hosting tf2c so I doubt you'll find him in these threads

Oh believe me he browses

Have a free Comp ticket. Need someone?