PEE CEE CUMTROLLARS

So what are the pros and cons to this?

Also what are peoples personal choices on PC controllers past the Mouse and keyboard?

I use a DS3 with SCP making it read to games like a 360 controller but it's starting to give up the ghost and seems to die when it's on charge.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

( ° ʖ °)

Doesn't that controller have always online drm?

A friend of mine gave me a spare PS4 controller. It's pretty fucking great

That controller I heard isn't too bad, its just that Valve is too fucking lazy to make games that are suited for it.

Enjoying a DS4 so far, for some reason wireless doesn't work on w7 but it works flawlessly on w8.1. I have a x360 controller too, but its mainly used by friends who come to play emulated games.

Xbox 360 controller, despite having a junk d-pad, is still the best bet. Unfortunately, only the versions made by (evil empire extraordinaire) Microsoft themselves are any good; I've tried like 20 different third-party models and they all fall apart after ~3 months.

I'm playing with PS3 controllers. Shit's pretty good compared to 360 controllers.

The good:
-High customizability, including mode switching, so you could have a mode for every distinct kind of gameplay
-Motion controls work adequately as a mouse replacement
-Comes with instructions on how it's assembled
-Can customize trigger thresholds, different trigger modes
-Pads are widely customizable and can serve as touch menus, joysticks, mice. You can also bind a key or key combination to the outer ring of the pad (like a sprint key).
-Grip buttons give you more input options in a convenient way.

The bad:
-Setting up your config for a game can take hours
-Doesn't really work for games outside of Steam right now, although you can run most third party games through Steam as well
-Actually being able to use your config efficiently can take days
-Pads don't work well as buttons, since you can't feel them with your finger and have to guess instead
-Can cause problems with games that can't handle Xinput and KB&M at the same time

The ugly:
-The glossy parts of the controller. They also serve as fingerprint magnets
-The grip buttons feel kind of weak after some use, may fail more quickly. The other buttons feel fine, though.

Apart from the d-pad the Xbox 360 controller is fine.

But holy shit that d-pad.

Apart from the d-pad the Xbox 360 controller is fine.

But holy shit that d-pad.

DS3 is too small and DS4 still has the shitty layout.

I have two issues with DS3

DS4 is really your best bet.
I say this owning DS4, DS3, Xbox 360, and a ton of console controller dongles (GC, N64, SNES, Genesis, etc).
DS4Windows in actually good software, unlike the awful spyware garbage that you have to use to use a DS3, and unlike the 360 controller your dpad isn't trash. Plus you can get a cheap wireless adapter for your PC and use it wireless, whereas you need a proprietary microsoft cable and dongle to do it with a 360 controller.

I absolutely hate the 360, especially those triggers.

I have baby hands so that's ok but
How so, nigger? Only difference is right stick locations, and if you mainly play with the d-pad there's really no problem.

Basically yes. You have to access steam to customize it, otherwise the buttons are set to a single configuration. If you access steam without internet, you can config it but you are unable to save said configuration because you are in guest mode. After you access steam online you don't have to always stay online though
This thing gave me more frustation than fun by the way

I wouldn't recommend the Steam controller. hits the major points. All of the depth to the customization pales in comparison to how tedious the customization is and how much of a hassle it is to get it working. The lower placement of the YBAX buttons and how small they are is also pretty awkward, as well as how close your thumbs are going to be while using that with the analog stick.

I would however strongly recommend the Dualshock 4, it'll work fine for any emulator or gamepad-friendly game you have.

I bought an xbone controller for my PC, despite the cool touchpad shit on the DS4 I don't find them very comfortable. Picked up a Pokken pad for 2D gaming a couple weeks ago too.

same, no other controller comes close imo

still using

Since we are on the topic of PC controllers, I tried installing the Dualshock 3 drivers (The scarlet ones) but everytime it "connects to server" or whatever my computer crashes, basically bluescreens.

Anybody know of a fix?

That thing is a massive piece of shit, there's like a half a second delay everytime I press the button.

I had that, but it stopped reading my controllers after a while.

meh, I use an xbox controller with usb.
mostly for convenience, doesn't require more programs to run, just the driver.

pretty sturdy. I've had it for about 2-3 years now and it still works.
although, the right shoulder button has started to go…

Simply the best

I used to have a Microsoft Sidewinder controller with that same style of d-pad, it was by far the best controller I ever had.

I had to decommission it after I got a new computer, everything stopped using serial ports at that time.

Make way for the best controller ever made for emulation.

wrong, like everything with steam "offline" just means you can use it for about a week and a half until steam says you need to reauthorize it.

perfect d-pad and great button placement

I have one of these and tried hooking it up via bluetooth but it was laggy as shit. have you got one of those mayflash adapters?

the mayflash adapters work superbly

I would suggest getting a USB extender off of amazon for like a dollar, the Mayflash USB plugs having a massive clearance compared to regular USB devices. I broke my adapter because it stuck in the slot.

I like using the button of my thumb to reach the right one while still not ignoring the face buttons and that tosses that out the window.

Xbox 360 controller is best controller. Just feels so good in your hands and everything is just where it needs to be.

Reinstall your OS.

There should be a better way to adapt PS2 controllers to PC. I want one, regardless.

If you are playing anything that uses the D-pad it's complete fucking trash

Nothing beats pic related for emulators, platformers, 2d games, and the like. Look up Fusa Gamepad.

Other than that, the 360 controlle is still the comfiest out there outside the godawful dpad.

I have a Steam controller and an Xbone controller and a 360 controller, as well as USB dongles for adapting PS2, SNES and original XBAWKS controllers.

I've reverted to using the Xbone controller. My only complaint is finding a wireless dongle for the fucking thing, since MS decided that they will only be sold in a bundle with a controller and never ever separately.

Problem with Fusa gamepad is the lack on buttons in the PSP like L2 and R2. Other than that, pretty solid, but you can just use a DS.

The D-pad is a bit too spongey, I don't really like how it can be pressed down all the way.

The construction on the gamepad is much nicer, but holy shit, the weight and battery on the pro controler is really something.

It may lack those buttons, but as I said. it's perfect for emulation and such. The PSP has a very similar layout to SNES controllers anyway.

This one lasted me about a year before it broke down, but I'll be damned if it wasn't the best controller I've used when it worked.

Anyone ever seen this movie? For some reason the OP reminded me of it…

I saw it years ago.
I remember it had a bizarrely sad ending for the type of movie it was, the character Sander plays as realizes he pretty much skipped through his entire life when he's on his deathbed.

No, not seen any film with Adam film bar Hotel Transylvania which I hear is his only good work and pixels which is pixels.

It is sad, until Sandler's character wakes up on the bed in Bed Bath and Beyond and realizes he it was all a nightmare.

That wasn't the ending, but it was part of the movie.

I usually pirate his movies and watch them with friends. It's a case of so bad it's so good, and it's almost always the same.

Oh, well then any props I could have given the movie go straight out the fucking window.

did you watch pixels just because it was about video games?

I watched it because Mark was streaming it.

That user was lying, that wasn't the ending either, but it was something along the lines of The guy who sold you the controller is actually the angel of dead that wanted to fuck with you just because, then Adam Sandler learns his lesson and everything goes back to normal

>The guy who sold you the controller is actually the angel of dead that wanted to fuck with you just because, then Adam Sandler learns his lesson and everything goes back to normal

That is also true. While Sandler's character did wake up on the bed at Bed Bath and Beyond and the universal remote did exist, it ended up being an alternative timeline where Sandler did use the remote and at the end of the movie Sandler throws the remote in the trash.

bullshit mister

Nah, pretty sure he just woke up in the past before ever using the remote, the guy just gave it to him at the end and Sandler throws it in the trash.
You're really giving it too much rounds, user, the plot is pretty simple, although I admit the last time I saw it was long time ago.

he's been in some okay movies likereign over me and punch drunk love

Jesus Christ Valvedrones are so cucked

you know, the only thing bugging me about the steam controller was the placement of the face buttons. But now that I realize the wii U did this and it worked just fine, i'm less critical of it.

Jesus fucking christ, better make sure those silly goy are pirating out controller, like what the fuck, what does it accomplish?

Ideal gamepad for emulation/console ports:
Dual analog, d-input, 4 face buttons, 4 triggers, pause/select buttons, rumble, wired connectivity.
Motion sensor, analog buttons, maaaybe trackpad if ports start using it.
D-input clicks like a-sticks
≥6 face buttons, triggers positioned for pistol grip
Microswitch d-stick instead of d-pad
Even more buttons and stuff wherever there's room, for those problematic games
Mouse/keyboard/xbox controller emulation, XInput, and DirectInput drivers; full remapping; minimal bloat; easily enabled/disabled.

That's the weirdest mini CD player I've ever seen.

The ability to micro manage every aspect. I like mine because I can get it just right, even though it takes a long time to set up to a satisfactory level. But I find it to be worth the effort, trial and error, and time when it is perfectly tuned to me.
But I can see how people would not like it.

This.
Best for gaming as well with a Mayflash adapter
Battery lasts for months too.

All good ideas. I'd pay more money for a better controller that I knew would last 10 years, but no one will take my money but fightstick makers.

my nigger

don't use these mini cds that come with cheap chink stuff though, they are always ridden with malware

got the same adapter 2 days ago

fortunately you dont need to install drivers in linux for it

but the shoulder buttons arent analog

i heard its important in rocket league

Shameful.

go back to your upperclas community and have fun there

Anyone who uses a controller for a PC is a failure at life

just bind the keys you monkey

how to bind one or more analog sticks?

But the DS3 is better.

ajj lmau, enjoy your poorfag trash

keyboard is so damn uncomfortable. I always use a controller when i can, i use a program called antimicro

Whoops just looked up the program. Apparently the creator got tired off SJWs bitching at him and took down the project LOL. Anyway, recommended to everyone, this program is amazing i would pay for it if i could bt i gopt it for free when it was on github before it was taken down. Seriously try it, its simply the best keyboard/mouse to gamepad program i have ever used.

xbone controller is pretty comfy.
I never really liked the PS4 controller they always feel tiny, uncomfortable and my fingers constantly slip off the sticks.

WiiU controller is good also although i'm not sure if I prefer the triggers on the WiiU or xbox. WiiU feels more reliable, but there's something nice about the ability to lightly squeeze the trigger.

I have a K120, wonder what Holla Forums thinks about it.

say what you want about these two hack frauds but they were right about this shit

I would get the xtokki Xbox360/PC adapter that the EVO champ Luffy used. I've seen them on ebay… probably really low input lag if the guy freakin won EVO with it.

The pokken controller is better, at least for anything up to SNES/Genesis.

Prefer to use K&M where ever possible, but have a flightstick for space/sim shit and a 360pad

I hate using that damn thing, it just feels wrong. But some devs seem to actively spend time on making other controllers a bitch to configure for their game.

Sounds like trash for anything involving a vehicle,

wireless 360 controller the adapters are like 10 bucks, and pretty much everyone has a 360 controller lying around.

Any movie that stars him and isn't from his production company tend to be decent.

There's a standalone driver :^)

github.com/ynsta/steamcontroller

Nigger triggers are the main reason I like the 360 controller.

Steam Controller is breddy gud for what it claims to do: let you play keyboard/mouse games in the couch.

How well it does that depends on the genre. For turn based strategy it works perfectly, in particular CIV 5, for obvious reasons.

For FPS games it's alright for casual play, but forget about competing with keyboard/mouse players. The touchpad simply does not allow you to move as much in one swipe with the thumb as you could with the mouse, since the mouse covers a larger area and thus you can react faster.

The weaknesses also show in that PC platform usually doesn't have aim assist enabled by default since mouse players aim better to begin with. A valid concern is that controllers becoming more mainstream for PC may force developers to move towards normalizing aim assist on PC as well, thereby encouraging the growing trend of developing for console and then lazily porting to PC.

Steam Controller is good for turn based strategy, platformers, some driving games etcetra. It falls terribly short in FPS and RTS. But then again it's no coincidence that consoles help you aim and that RTS are practically non existent on consoles.

So it depends on how you'll use it. If you just want to play lazily on the couch and don't care about competing or leaderboards, the SC is pretty good. Otherwise steer clear. That goes for controllers on PC in general I'd say.

I swear I found a method on here where you could use the DS3 without that spyware bullshit program, but I lost it and have been kicking myself ever since. It's not Better DS3 but some other thing.

This is how you know someone is lying and has never actually touched a DS4.

The interesting question is: Why would (((someone))) go on Holla Forums and slander the best gaming peripheral, and make things up about how it feels despite having obviously never touched it themselves, while praising the worst first-party gamepad to be made in several years?

Why indeed…

|
|>
|
|
|

It was obvious from the beginning (and I said as much in all the peripheral threads here long before AIDSmoby and fatcuck got their hands on one) that it was designed for HTPC use, specifically to be used with games that are designed to be played with a mouse/keyboard, and that it would be a poor substitute for existing gamepads for games designed to be played with dedicated gamepads.

Not him but my problem is that the handles cramp up my hands real hard, I can feel it after playing for an hour. Very tempted to get an Xbox one pad converter

Index fingers resting between should buttons, gamepad floating on your middle fingers. You do not grip the handles.

But user that IS how I hold my controller

that's an instant drop