Sunday Evening Horror Thread

Here we go again

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/rCtuG
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also, to get the ambience right….

Replayed Silent Hill 3 last weekend, good as ever.

Playing The Cat Lady this weekend. It isn't really clicking with me, especially the overly long cutscenes which don't let you manually advance the dialog or pause at any time. The game's too reliant on scripted sequences, too.

Feeling nostalgic for Deadly Premonition and might just play that again instead.

I watched a walkthrough of The Cat Lady on YouTube. Seemed like a glorified walking simulator to me, with minimal adventure elements.

Subnatuca
Could be internal trouble, but I wouldn't be surprised if Konami played a part
Depends. Give someone who is a good writer then yes.

I wish Lovecraftian deities were real, I would worship Nyarlathotep so fucking much. Becoming a furry is a small price to pay for immortality.

Can't say I disagree with that, based on the hours I've played so far. About 20% of the time has been adventure-styled puzzle solving and the rest has been cutscenes. Tries too hard for shock value, too. That title crawl at the beginning after Susan has her arm chopped off was overplayed and tasteless.

What about Siren? I never tried any of the games and always wanted to see what Toyama did after SH1.

I wish Lovecraftian deities were real

I do hope you would also be happy with tentacles getting into everything sooner or later.

hahaha no

B-but it's a narrative-driven game! Check your privilege, shitlord!

Good taste.

Are there any good Horror mods/mapsets for Doom?

Not that I know. The design of doom does not really lend itself to horror as you can kill most horrors individually with relative ease.

Dude, as long as I get immortality I'm their humble servant.

There's Unloved, but that's not horror by having spooky things happen and more "here's a switch that's going to reveal several monster closets which only one has the route to continue right next to two archvile statues, have fun."

Fun Fact: Alone in the dark was developed by the same guys who did Little Big Adventure.

Alone in the dark was never good.
I've played at least 3 games an they all sucked, is there at least one good game in this shit series?

There is one scare in Unloved that really got me though. It made me feel unsafe, and if that's not what horror is about I don't know what is.

The revenant scare in the basement. It's literally nothing, but jesus fuck I panicked

Here's the source:

There's anyway to play alone in the dark with a better control scheme?
I couldn't finish the game some years ago for that reason.

archive.is/rCtuG

I'm really tempted to replay Underhell again even though I'm in the middle of exams