South Africa Controls The World's Platinum Supply

It doesn’t stop with rare earths, either: Many other important elements, such as platinum, are only available from one or two mines in the entire world. If South Africa sustained a huge earthquake — or was on the receiving end of a thermonuclear bomb, perhaps — the world’s supply of platinum would literally dry up over night. The continued existence of technologies that rely on platinum, like car exhaust catalytic converters and fuel cells, would be unlikely.

Other urls found in this thread:

extremetech.com/extreme/111029-rare-earth-crisis-innovate-or-be-crushed-by-china
extremetech.com/extreme/111029-rare-earth-crisis-innovate-or-be-crushed-by-china/2
youtube.com/c/FringeWizard/live
youtube.com/watch?v=K5SFXyOUCjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

extremetech.com/extreme/111029-rare-earth-crisis-innovate-or-be-crushed-by-china

The rare earth apocalypse

The doomsday event that everyone is praying will never come to pass, but which every Western nation is currently planning for, is the eventual cut-off of Chinese rare earth exports. Last year, 97% of the world’s rare earth metals were produced in China — but over the last few years, the Chinese government has been shutting down mines, ostensibly to save what resources it has, and also reducing the amount of rare earth that can be exported. Last year, China produced some 130,000 tons of rare earths, but export restrictions meant that only 35,000 tons were sent to other countries. As a result, demand outside China now outstrips supply by some 40,000 tons per year, and — as expected — many countries are now stockpiling the reserves that they have.

Almost every Western country is now digging around in their backyard for rare earth-rich mud and sand, but it’ll probably be too little too late — and anyway, due to geochemistry, there’s no guarantee that explorers and assayers will find what they’re looking for. The price of rare earths are already going up, and so are the non-Chinese-made gadgets and gizmos that use them. Exacerbating the issue yet further, as technology grows more advanced, our reliance on the strange and magical properties of rare earths increases — and China, with the world’s largest workforce and a fire hose of rare earths, is perfectly poised to become the only real producer of solar power photovoltaic cells, computer chips, and more.

In short, China has the world by the short hairs, and when combined with a hotting-up cyber front, it’s not hard to see how this situation might devolve into World War III. The alternate, ecological point of view, is that we’re simply living beyond the planet’s means. Either way, strategic and logistic planning to make the most of scarce metals and minerals is now one of the most important tasks that face governments and corporations. Even if large rare earth deposits are found soon, or we start recycling our gadgets in a big way, the only real solution is to somehow lessen our reliance on a finite resource. Just like oil and energy, this will probably require drastic technological leaps. Instead of reducing the amount of tantalum used in capacitors, or indium in LCD displays, we will probably have to discover completely different ways of storing energy or displaying images. My money’s on graphene.

extremetech.com/extreme/111029-rare-earth-crisis-innovate-or-be-crushed-by-china/2

Although it's the same as selling one's soul, the whites in SA could make a trade with Russia (or any country. The issue with the U.S. is the inherent "hands-off" foreign affairs in "MAGA") to have them immediately strike once the blacks in SA give casus belli by massacring some of the whites (and catching it on video so no one can be "oy vey, holocoast 2.0, them [Russians/random country] are a bunch of nazi's! Better destroy them". (Would be funny if it was Russia though. The literal antithesis of natsoc Germany being called the nazi's by the Jews).

if REMs are anything like oil, theyll try to scare the shit out of us with scarcity and then find the largest deposit ever found underneath israel

this is fear mongering
rare earths aren't really that rare
china only became the biggest producer because due to gook gommunism their state mines produced below costs of operation, so all western mines closed down as they could not compete to commodity dumping
what china was trying to acheive with this plan except given the west a ton of very cheap REM is beyond me
if china stops exports the existing mines in the west will simply reopen and sell at a cost effective price, which towards the endproduct is probably less of a concern than the increased labor costs

so the most that could happen is a shortl ived supply shortage as new mines come online

Pretty much this. Worst case scenario, we'll move our production facilities entirely to China to tap into the supply chain there. Not exactly a catastrophe.

This is why it is retarded to give up on the whites in South Africa. We should be fighting for them

Hey guys OP and I'm not shitting you, I'll take a picture of it, but I've received a highly suspicious packet from China that's bundled up and has my pseudonym I use as a psy-operator on it and nobody ever sends me mail using that pseudonym unless it's some serious shit (and it's usually from my enemies). There's even a mis-spelled message on the fucking thing saying it contains dangerous/harmful material and how much said material weighs. Judging from the overall wording, I think it's supposed to be a pledge that it does NOT have anything bad in it. I've got shit like this before and taken it to forensics. Would Holla Forums like to see it though and should I just open it and risk my life right now?

The package I have is from Duan De Jie from Shang Hai.

Description of contents is "Model Toys"

It apparently weighs 0.108 KG and is valued at $0.17 USD.

It then says "I,certifit that particulars given in this delcaration are correcct and this item does contain any dangerous articles prohi bited by legislations or by postal or customs regulations."

It also says the package is "untracked" and that it was sent by air.

What the fuck is it going to be? I hope my prolific activities haven't pissed off the Chinese so much they've decided to terminate me today.

tfw if I open it they'll be able to say

"well, it DOES say it contains dangerous articles prohibited by blah blah"

fug me, maybe I should livestream opening the package with at least one user to observe me

If I die, it was those fucking (((CHINKS))).

pls livestream it, probably wear a mask or something too idk

mfw there used to surplus gas masks but I never got one and I'll just have to do with a medical mask and some disposable gloves and opening it outside (ventilation)

Going to leave the package for now. I've previously received a quran before sent to me on the behest of a certain jihadist in the UAE that was messing with me. There were a couple other packages also sent to me including a thumbstick but it got intercepted (it arrived at my house but someone else got to the mailbox before me) and thrown out and I never was able to find out what it was, whatever shit it was it was so fucking important they couldn't send it to me over a regular Internet connection. I've also received some samples of blood and hair and a message written in blood plus a photo of a little girl.

Now call me crazy but if we nuked south africa, all that would happen is Holla Forums would laugh, libs will cry, niggers die, and every resource becomes available after the radiation subsides

is this why MGR:R opens in some african country?

pics or gtfo

who the fuck are you man

just wait until you get proper safety equipment

and open it from far away with a drone too in case it explodes upon contact with oxygen nitrogen or CO2

Reminder that the Chinks never colonize useless soil.

Cool story bro

Smiley/Fringe Wizard

Do it faggot, and livestream it ofcourse.

That's complete bullshit, most of platinum comes from Russia. What are you sliding, jew?

come on man were waiting…

Why would anyone care about the price of platinum Jew?

Take your kike market speculation elsewhere.

Oil will (((dry up)))
we will (((run out))) of x material

just like the holodomor you jews create artificial scarcity.

catalytic converters = eco-kike scam
Nothing to worry about.

South Africa doesn't control shit, blacks are too dumb to manage their lands successfully

Africa would be the richest continent on the planet, were it not for…

This explains everything, of course. It also should give Emperor Trump all the reason to intervene and save the Boers, or even better, to restore South Afrika.

There is no apocalypse is correct.

As a geologist I can tell you that there isn't really a shortage of any ore, rather certain ore is economically viable to extract and refine given current conditions and some is not. You don't mine to lose money or make very little money. China subsidies its own production in many cases, like the US does with agriculture which creates an artifically low price.

Now Chromium is much rarer, only occuring were impactors(big rocks from space) have pierced the lithosphere and caused the felsic rock to be fluxed with hydrothermal fluids which carry mafic minerals containing chromium. South Africa and Russia are the major sources but there is plenty elsewhere. As for platinum, it is found any place silver and gold is. The US actually has huge reserves of gold and platinum but they are not economically viable to extract at this time. If you increase the value of ore by a few cents a ton suddenly people will want to mine it again.

youtube.com/c/FringeWizard/live

youtube.com/watch?v=K5SFXyOUCjk