Total War: Warhammer

So. I just finished a campaign on Hard as Archaon today. It only took me over 300 turns because the fucking Empire kept colonizing ruined provinces from Bretonnia to Kislev.

Overall the game is still fun. 35 bucks was a fine price.

The most glaring problems I see with the game are:

So yea. It's alright I guess. Have some screenshots.

Other urls found in this thread:

allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-total-war-warhammer-cd-key-compare-prices/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694959518
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you seriously telling me this isn't called Total Warhammer?

Licensing issues probably

Thats all fine and dandy, I just want to know when will it actually be finished.

I want Kislev units and Lustrians

I doubt that they'll add Lustria at all. If anything, the next DLC will probably be Elves.

The minor human factions having the Empire roster is sadly exactly the shit I called before release. Not like we're not used to it with Attila though.

Havent played too much of Chaos outside of razing all of not Scandinavia, but autoresolve sucks for me and other factions.
I keep having to play out every battle against the orcs because autoresolve always tells me I'll lose against their four stacks to my one. Granted theyre always pyhhric victories but i just get to raise the dead afterwards and my stack is back to full strength.

I finished the Ork and Empire campaign and have just started on Vampire counts. One of the best total wars.

For Vampire Counts atleast I found magic to be a bit op you can buff a unit to almost never die. Also when it does nothing it is a miscast, it isn't a bug they just do a shit job of explaining how magic works.

Standard spear/sword units are bead and butter of a good army, you don't need to get rid of them late game, you get better calvary to run that hammer and anvil and artillery to weaken them before they even get to your line.

100% agree with the rest would like to add that overall I think it has been simplifed a bit too much and would like a little more depth.

Lightning Strike aka Night Battles is probably the most important skill on ANY hero since it lets you chew up each stack individually. This constant "lel I'm the AI I only attack 3v1 otherwise I run awaaaaay" is getting on my nerves to no end.

I mean "doing nothing" in the sense that the spell effect still appears - like the Purple Sun - but it doesn't hoover up units or it does but they still don't die even when they're just random Empire Swordsmen. Frustrating as hell.

As long as they add Skaven or Kislev I'm happy.
And if I'm really lucky someone will mod Kayos Dorfs.

Who would have thought :^)

That's why I said mod.

Fuck yourself you filthy warm blood

I don't think you can import assets so if they're Chaos Dwarfs they won't be the fucking awesome not-Babylonian kind.

Think we could get a Total War: Witcher?

Who is this qt3.14?

Wait lightning strike works when the AI initiates attacks?

Nah but you can maneuver so one retreat gets you out of range and then kill them on your turn.

Wasn't there a miscast chance in this game?

About Chaos in campaign I just played I got good 4 lords lost because of Kislev. They managed to get back to Norsca and just kill them. I kept their unit low to raid villages and keep upkeep low until I get all -%upkeep buildings.

But of course it is fucking impossible. I mean I failed a lot while keeping them alive but for most part the solution was to just use one stack during entire campaign and it is not fun.

It would be possible.
I thought solely as countries from witcher but it actually could have monster mechanic where you keep population of monsters down to make province function better. Either by hiring witchers or using units from your army.

It would actually be cool. I would prefer GuildII in Witcher world but it is not bad idea.

Seeing how they don't really want to make any asset editor like Creation Kit, I am not seeing it happening in any near future or not as DLC.
They could release it after all the DLC but mods were kinda last thought to save otherwise hated game so I am not seeing it in development.

call the police! someone bought games!

>people are still shilling this pile of trash

They should if you're retarded enough to buy this "game"

I have no idea why did I left it there.
Grab more cool chaos warriors as an apology for not reading my posts before posting.

just pirate it :^)

SHOO SHOO SHILL

thats because if you played one race you played them all in that

The lack of distinct Chaos factions is a fucking shame.

Fuck you, checkem

owned dubs shitter. go suck ur mammys brebst milk

Well clearly there's no discussing this here.

is this cracked yet?

its been like that since it came out. there was actually some discussion in this thread compared to the couple i made that were 100% shitposting and "SHILL! SHILL!"

Good point but that may be because it's still early in the west.

no it isn`t, and I doubt it will be unless there is dedicated teams working on it

I am embarrassed to see anons talking about the game so care free, considering this game is the caner killing the industry

Day 1 DLC, cut content, simplified mechanics and a LOT of DLCs to come, it`s simply unforgivable

I looked around and it seems this game isn`t the turd people believed it would be, it stands as a more or less solid Total War if you account their infamy nevertheless I see that we fancy ourselves as activists of some sort, to pirate a somewhat good games because of a company miss practices

So you are a faggot for buying it, you shouldn`t be here, seriously

but i didnt buy it

???

here you go user, a game that clearly isn't the cancer killing the industry and has no DLC :^)

It's just a few bare-faced shills. They'll leave eventually when they're told to do something else.

This is really one of the most obvious examples of shilling we've had recently, aside from a few woefully-disguised OPs when Fallout 4 was released. Thankfully they're not getting too much attention: by and large everyone seems to have realized that the game is pure garbage.

I know, it was to the other anons engaging with the shill

maybe you should try playing the game before making such assumptions

I'm glad I bought this game tbh I'm having so much fun playing it. It's a shame all these jealous losers who are too poor to afford the DLC are shitting up the thread fam. Chaos faction is the best so far, I'm glad I preordered for it.

Rectal cancer and testicular cancer are both still cancer.

so lets just kill off Holla Forums since cancer is already infested here

The game isnt garbage thought.
Im just waiting for it to be cracked or for it to be content complete and I want to discuss its mechanics while playing Call of Warhammer End of Times.

NuDoom and Overwatch are pure cancer, this one is just cancerous since the companies publishing it (aside from GW) arent actively killing the industry, arent making absolute shit tier games, are betting on what is now a niche genre, and are not making it multiplayer only or raping entire franchises all the while giving out mod support.

DLC and Denuvo are awful and anti consumer but one will end eventually and the other one will be cracked eventually.

I just want to discuss the game user and I dont plan getting it until I see a feature complete game.

How dare they enjoy a game. Fuck it, shitpost thread.

Stale, give it some effort next time

Nice try

Cancer that's caught early can be treated and removed before it's allowed to grow and spread. By being uncompromising and actually having standards, pro-industry retards like yourself will be left without a place here, continually mocked as the shills you are.

And yes, despite my hatred of the overuse of "shill", I'm calling you one because it means I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. If you're paid to be here and defend DLC, Steam, and Denuvo, that puts you in a much better light than someone who does it willingly and for free.

you are fucking cancer

That phrase is not contained in my post.

No he is correct you bought a game early on release despite cut content and glaring errors with gameplay.

why even come to Holla Forums knowing all the new games are shit. why not make a home in /vr/ where you can talk about the good old days where you dropped $40 on a game based on a picture and if it was shit you were shit out of luck

please go on about things you dont know.

No one is stopping you think skinned bitch, you are the one reacting to crticisim of the game.

That's your opinion.
My opinion that a game that releases with barely any factions compared to its predecessors, with the same fucking shitty engine, with barely any unit diversity, AND a tiny as map is a shit game.

People keep saying this and its yet to to happen the only company that came close almost had a mental breakdown and quit.

If I was ignorant of something that completely refutes my claim then wouldn't it be easier to state that fact instead of just claiming I'm incorrect for lack of understanding?

Sorry, but I don't remember ever doing that. Not everyone had that kind of poor decision-making skill, if you were even alive to remember something then.

instead of complaining thats something is broken why not go in to details so it can be refuted properly. like first off one thing thats always parroted is the game didn't start. but it did it took like ten minutes unless you were offline then it was instant. that got patched the same day

this thread went full retard

I've already explained the problems with the game and why it won't be getting my purchase.

I'm not usually quick to think someone is a shill but you faggots or either from reddit when you are pretending that the issues with this game weren't already discussed to death when it came out.
Or you are really legitimately shilling which is going to prove fruitless.

meant for

Get a load of this guy

GW themselves have probably forgotten everything about the cool details of the Old World.

I wouldn't put it past them to take all the WHF stuff in their offices and basements and dump it.

Shill and cuck are empty words
Thrown around by idiots
Full of sound and fury
Signifying nothing

TW Warhammer threads have always been like this.
Expect it to get worse, swallowing the entire board.

i dont mind agents that explore unopposed (minus other agents coming at you) and buff armies, sabotage/assassination/etc. micro is shitty chance game.

That's when Stormfron came over faggot so unless shill was only used after that point then your point is moot.

Except when its accurate.
Shitposting may mean post I don't like now, but doesn't mean it can't be used correctly.

If they add Nagash, then I am happy.

That feel when you will never play estalians and use your glorius tercios and conquitadors to defend your colonies in the new world from lizardmen, dark elves and pygmeys.

Do you think we'll ever get a mod for 3-4 player campaigns or would that just make them endless marathons which sounds really fun

Sounds like MTW2 when you went to the Americas. Fighting feather niggers wasn't fun and having 30 settlements to manage, 3-4 battles per turns wasn't either.

Nigga have you even seen the sieges? I just fired up Attila to burn cities and was taken aback by a siege that is
not
a fucking flat wall with towers.

I'll make a point that no one else seems to make.
You can discuss the game. Just don't fucking endorse buying or paying for it, even worse don't even disclose the price because that's just outright marketing. Shill post is still a shill post.

Also Everything you said tells me this game is about as bad as Rome 2/Atilla was. Why the fuck would I want that.

We keep repeating the same shit over and over, CA just seems to get richer and stupider each and every time. Meanwhile why can't people just wait for shit instead of buying at launch, pirating it if they're really that desperate. Some of the best games I've ever bought were ones that I had initially pirated first. I originally pirated Mount and Blade despite the fact it had a demo because I had enjoyed the demo so much that I wanted to see what the game uncapped was like. Eventually Pirating the game became tedious because of how rapidly the game was being updated, so I eventually bought it.

Simply put if the game is updated regularly, piracy is usually discouraged as it becomes more convenient to actually buy it. At Lauch however is the most stupidest thing anyone can do especially with a CA game (normally CA games get 4 patches over 2 years and are abandoned in favour of DLCs). Far too risky based on CAs track record. I think their business model is pretty shite honestly and the sheer lack of support for their games should not be rewarded since really that's what you're paying for in the end.

Where did you get it for only 35?

It's worse than Atilla user.

I would pay up to $10 for it, but just because I'm a massive WHF fan.

What mod?
I beg to differ. Try vampire counts for some goodass magic

Wait it's only $35!?

lurk more

Wew lads, buying from CA?

allkeyshop.com/blog/buy-total-war-warhammer-cd-key-compare-prices/

Just gotta keep an eye open for deals or some shit.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=694959518

Yes, clearly my OP is a shining endorsement of the game in its current state.

The factions actually play different though, most of the shitty things about the engine have been fixed and unit diversity is better than ever seeing as each faction has entirely unique units as apposed to the standard total war that had a differntiation of 3 or 4 unique units.

I know there's going to be some faggots who tell people to play medieval 2 with warhammer mod, but you know what fuck you guys

Medieval 2 at this time is fucking trash with horrible AI, combat, pathing, and clunky animation. I tried giving it a chance, I really did, because all you anons keep throwing your nostalgic opinions, but face it Total War Warhammer is better in everyway except its kikish DLCs, but overall the game is among their best with everything Medieval 2 sucks at doing.

I don't care what the poor niggers who can't afford a 50 dollar game say, it's a good game, and their unnecessary bashing proves they're just dumb stinky NEET niggers. This game is mechanics wise everything Creative Assembly needs to do. If they produce more content that is this well done then I'll consider buying also

THAT'S what nagash looks like in the minis? Damn, Dark Omen depicted him much better.

CA please

And that makes your shilling not shilling how?

Chaos Dwarfs are canon. They man the Hellcanons and were still in the lore up until the end.

Now hobgoblins and halforcs, there's things that GW has stonewalled out of their memory.

Skaven will likely be the first faction added as their events are already in the game.

Animations are better in medieval 2. Atleast for formations. Shit has way more weight and impact on the old engine.

There is one overriding reason that Call of Warhammer is superior - a reason that trumps anything this pile of trash might have to say in its defense. No matter how bad the mod is, and how bad the mechanics of the base game it relies on are, there is one thing which absolutely guarantees that it is a better game than TW:Warhammer: It's not fucking warscape.

Thats bullshit and blobbing is even more predominant.
Cavalry and infantry just stop in its tracks when they hit.
Check your facts nigger.

Somehow they manage to fix Warscape and made the physics somewhat better than the TW engine.

AI and destruction are still shit

It's just a graphics engine, and nothing is wrong with the killmoves system, just mod it out if you don't like it. I for one enjoy zooming in and watching the horrified expressions of the soldiers as the enemy soldier does some fancy moves.

Son please, I already know which video you saw for you to be using that as rethoric.

What's happened to Holla Forums recently? Is it really just shills or are we getting another influx of retards from halfchan or something?

Play fucking Empire and tell me it's good.

Go to the Overwatch thread, that will answer all your questions.

Empire is good, it's the best old TW game.

If you're going to tell jokes, at least try to make them funny.

Bait

Bait

This is bait

Look at this bait

They've fixed it thought theres no longer killmoves and blobbing is even less predominant than Medieval 2.

I can see it. I can see someone defending Empire: Total War.

I can't tell if you genuinely agree or if you mean to make the first 'can' a 'can't' instead.

Also this is what the currant Nagash mini looks like, for your comment here

Listen nigger Medieval 2 is great and will always be the best.
But in technical terms this game is probably the best Warscape game and in some fronts it even surpasses Medieval 2.

In terms of content and ganeplay its still barebones and casualized as shit.

You can literally see the bits of the model they started adding on once they realised the initial design wasn't going to fool anyone into forking over £65 for it.

that does sound like a nice price too bad it's double that price where I amif you add in the dlc

That's the price you get when you preorder on amazon.

what a retard

I havent seen this much butthurt since DOA5's release

Im beginning to wonder whether the real shills might not be the "Hurr durr ur dumb 4 buying dis" people. Think about it: Instead of shilling your own game, just trashtalk everyone else's into the ground upon release.

Ha ha! I know what you mean! Anyone complaining about Total War™: WARHAMMER® is more than likely working for one of the competitors, trying to damage the game's reputation so that people might look at their competing game!

Everyone knows that anyone complaining about the DRM in Total War™: WARHAMMER® is ignoring the security it brings to legitimate users while allowing SEGA to bring us gamers the highest quality games possible, and anyone complaining about the added value and content added by the game's many DLCs is obviously too poor to afford all of the high quality content provided for purchase.

I say we should petition the owner of this website to forbid this kind of unwelcome and unnecessary criticism! Who is with me?

I can tell you for a fact that EA and Ubisoft have been doing this for years. Microsoft has been doing it in the OS market since 99.

This Anonymous is right. Total War™: WARHAMMER® is a smash hit for a reason. Anyone who didn't buy it and/or isn't going to buy all of the totally epic upcoming DLC nations, DLC heroes, DLC units, DLC blood effects, and DLC music is not a real gamer like us.

Looks like I was wrong about the map never reaching Lustria, this is (supposedly) from the game files.

(Holy crap the original png was 50mb, whoops)

I want them to leave

Bump

Europa Barbarorum 2 v2.2 has been released

How nice of them to have everything all prepped for the DLC whoring to come.

It's a pretty nice game with a really good story set in the time of Emperor Magnus. Unlike Total War: Warhammer, the Handgunners in Mark of Chaos actually have reload animations. In addition, it actually makes good use of hero units like in the tabletop and comes with the Empire, Elves, Chaos, and Skaven right out of the box as full factions with Greenskins (Orc Boyz both normal and 'arrer, and goblins both normal and night, and trolls), Giants, and Dwarves appearing as smaller "Mercenary" units that can be tacked onto your armies (Orcs for Chaos/Skaven, Dwarves for Elves/Empire) but are fully capable of rounding out a force of their own. The Expansion pack Battle March upgrades the Greenskins to a full faction of their own while also adding Dark Elves.

tl;dr

Mark of Chaos is already out, not DLC ridden, has a good story and

fucking cuck

Too bad no one wanted to discuss it when it was relevant, hell even decent torrents are getting rare.
Game was pretty good.

theyre trying to sell total war: warhammer not other warhammer fantasy content

Unfortunately it only had 4 races and the only non-campaign mode was a skirmish mode with fixed points. Maybe if it had a 'conquest mode' where you where just given a large network of scenarios to beat it could have had more playtime, but the campaign just wasn't enough to support it.

I remember trying to find info on it when it came out, and I mostly got mediocre reviews. Of course, me computer couldn't run it at the time either. The gameplay videos I did see made it look pretty sluggish though. Are the controls responsive and are the animations good?

Why are these weird trends that the only people that shit talk the game are people that haven't even played. This is why I can't actually take your criticisms into consideration

There are a lot of faggots here, get use to it.

Bump to piss off the autistes.

That's what you're doing right now.

It was pretty damn sluggish on my old rig, didn't try it yet on my new one so can't say how it would run now, animations weren't amazing. I mostly played it for the campaign, only being able to buy/upgrade units wasn't something I've seen before in vidya, but then again I haven't played the older warhammer games, and I loved that concept.
Deuling mechanic was pretty stupid tho, basically when 2 heroes meet they get surrounded by a ring of no touchy, fight it out between themselves and may Sigmar have mercy on your soul if you didn't spec that hero into dueling.

"only being able to buy/upgrade units inbetween missions"

Welcome to Holla Forums

You can make a thread about a game and absolutely shit on it.

And still be accused of being a viral marketer. I'm onto you, shill! How many jewgolds did they pay you to come here and talk about vidya games?

Stop. just stop.

Also nice job for actually buying the game, you do know that there is a thing called torrenting don't you?