How is this not the greatest game ever made?

How is this not the greatest game ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:A_Potion_from_Skink-in-Tree's-Shade
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sneak
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Unarmored
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Benis

It's shit tho

No lolis.

While on the subject of Bethesda games, I haven't seen that "Who is he, Holla Forums?" fag in a long ass time, did he finally got a job or something?

That's not Myth: The Fallen Lords.

Because that isn't MGS2.

Skyrim is better

Skyrim is for babies

The sex mods for it are shit.

Plus Argonians and Khajiit kinda looked like ass.

Because Elder Scrolls games are trash.

Can I get a source on that image?

its boring

Greatest game? No.
Greatest sandbox? Probably not.
Greatest open world rpg? Yes.

Did I miss something?

Nostalgia

is it ocarina?

It has some games that rival its greatness. That's the only reason.

but it does you fucking retard. it takes place in the Vvardenfell province off Morrowind. Its the large island in Morrowind's northern area

are you by chance talking about Skyrim or Oblivion? because then it would hold true

seriously you sound like you've only heard about the game from salty Skyrim fans who tried it after realizing the V was a 5

Fallout 4 fixed all of these issues and let you play as a woman

No. Any leftover bugs are patched with the patch project.
Daggerfall wasn't dynamic. It was big.
Did you even play it? Because I don't think you did.
Not a dungeon crawler. Not even pasted. Daggerfall is a procedurally generated copy paste, too.
MUH GRAFIX IN AN OLD GAME
You're just a faggot.
Every video game ever.
Buzzwords.
So small, people complain about getting lost in em.
You never played it, it seems.

Vvardenfel is less than 40% of Morrowind. A game that doesn't even allow you to see a majority of a continent takes place in it?

Cities in Oblivion, Daggerfall and Arena are all bigger in size and scale than the ones in Morrowind or Skyrim. Doesn't mean they all aren't laughably small.

The stores in morrowind don't even fucking close at night. NPCs wander the streets 24/7.

Have you played the game? Cause it sounds like you are the one who hasn't.

Morrowind apologists are some of the most retarded people alive. You defend a well known shitty installment in an already shitty series so irrationally that I can't help but laugh.

Maybe.

Morrowind has the best music of all the Elder Scrolls though.

First isn't even an argument but random fact that doesn't address anything. Second one isn't even an argument.

0/10

Life is so easy when everything you don't like is not real

Who could forget those magnificient quests?:
uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:A_Potion_from_Skink-in-Tree's-Shade

Nigger, a decent Morrowind city is bigger than the biggest Oblivion or Skyrim city.
Hell even the small towns are filled with more NPCs and things to do than the biggest city in fucking Skyrim.

Also the cities are open, no dumb ass entering in a gate bullshit like Oblivion or Skyrim.

That island is part of Morrowind you nigger.

If you enable an expansion that doesn't impact core gameplay before you're ready to start it.
Yeah, resource problems and PC hardware restrictions of the time.
Outright lies. He can't make the game too easy because he is neither the wealthiest merchant nor has any other powers.
Wow, one extra topic in the dialogue system you don't need to click.
You're scraping the bottom of the barrel here.
Most NPCs have a few lines of unique dialogue. They don't need more. But if you really want so, get the LGNPC mod.
Yeah.
My opinion is retarded: the post.

That isn't even the worst part of the expansion

How about you actually read my post you retarded faggot?
The towns in every single TES game are laughably small.

Also Oblivion has more populated and larger towns than Morrowind. Just compare them and see for yourself before spouting some more propaganda

How does that change the fact you don't even see 60%+ of the actual continent? Or is that 60% not morrowind suddenly?

Untrue.

It still takes place in Morrowind, whether you see it or not.

Try Tamriel Rebuilt. There's a lot to see and it's so accurate, Bethesda couldn't do better.

I wouldn't call it the greatest game ever made, but it's certainly the most immersed I've ever been in a video game.

My criticisms are to the base game itself. People who work on Tamriel Rebuilt are essentially fixing Bethesda's fuck ups for free with almost no recognition. The point is that it shouldn't have to be this way. No game should require mods to be actually worthwhile to play.

No. Your criticism are mostly untrue or twisting words to turn nitpicks into problems. In the twenty or so why morrowind is shit arguments, you made only three or so valid criticisms.

looks like shit

So the fact that 60% of the continent is not even modeled untrue?
Or how the game even after the final official patch is full of bugs untrue?
All you have done is called me a faggot and said "mods fix it" without refuting anything

I played Morrowind and Skyrim.

It is difficult to explain but Morrowind had SOUL.

You can tell that the people behind Morrowind wanted to make a deep and interesting world.

Skyrim is just incredibly shallow in everything it does. Exploring in Skyrim is pointless once you realise every cave is the same.

Todd Howard is the Tarkovsky of video games.

"not the whole morrowind is in" ain't a good critique fam. If you want to critique the game, you'd make an argument that the landmass is too small, which you're not doing for two reasons:
1) You'll get ridiculed because game is filled with hundreds of hours of content. It's massive.
2) Because you have autism which demands some nebulous "completion" of the country.

Game has quite a few bugs - if you claim alchemy system is bugged instead of overpowered or dwemer handles turning left instead of right is a big problem. Most Morrowind bugs don't impact actual gameplay nor change the way it's played. The worst bugs in the base game are those two direction typos. How horrifying, indeed. You can fix these by installing one or two bugfix mods. It's really not something anyone dwells on.

Fuck off and die of cancer. Had enough of your shitposting in the last thread.

because the only redeeming qualities are the lore dumps. the game itself is fucking terrible, and Bethesda has never made a good game in the history of their studio.

Most NPCs in Oblivion have schedules that they follow with at least one unique line. The second largest town in Morrowind is Balmora which has 90+ NPCs out of which only

How about two missing months in from the games calendar?
What about the fact that Stealth and pickpocketing straight up don't work?
What about the inevitable savegame corruption when you actually play the game for hundreds of hours?
What about the multiple hard crashes to desktop because of poor coding in the vanilla game?
What about having to wear armor for the unarmored skill to actually work?
What about the awful collision detection to the point they had to have an inbuilt fixme console command?
What about monsters ignoring armor completely when not attacking with weapons?
What about the retarded AI that never used its own racial abilities?

You are fucking delusional

Basically plebs will it to not be - meme magic and adll

40 or so NPCs offer anything unique to the player(not counting the guards).
The others don't even have any backstory or dialogue to justify their existence and no relevance to any quest.

Do you need me to explain again why you are wrong and Todd Howard has made the equivalent of The Mirrow, Stalker, and Solaris?

I have played daggerfall a few times, but I never played arena. How good is arena compared to daggerfall?

Its worse

A lot worse?

Yeah, the dungeons are mostly flat and the game was meant to run at low framerates which means either timing issues for modern systems or suffering through the abysmally low speeds of the game.
The timing issues can lead to out of memory errors which crash the game. The plot is largely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things and it is very generic.

I prefer Oblifun

Besides Morrowind not being a continent, that's just your autism.

Either inconsequential (two months), straight out lie (pickpocketing doesn't work) or extremely rare (savegame corruption)

I need you to kill yourself.

It's also painfully generic compared to Daggerfall. The lore is largely lifted straight out of D&D with a few "OC donut steal" elements, because the world was based on one that they invented for D&D games. Daggerfall was where they really let themselves take off into their own style, and the bulk of what makes TES unique as a setting was created there.

Fine, let me explain why games like FO4 and Skyrim are comparable to the great works like Stalker.

They are the next evolution in gaming. Some games should be less competition oriented. In it's early development, video game was a medium for translating logic and reflex engagement oriented activities into digital video format. Some people turn out to enjoy the experience of observing and discovering instead of engaging their reflexes and logic in the game their play. This is how games like Morrowind were born.

Just like the evolution of films. Back in the 20's great directors like Fritz Lang directed beautiful looking films that are focused on the exposition of the plot, but it turned out that the audience were more mesmerized by the grandeur audiovisual telling of the story. Then came Tarkovsky and his unique way of directing films with the logic of poetry where man and nature, instead of plot, are equally the star of the film even though they barely recognized each other. This technique of recreating life using the audiovisual medium stands at the highest ground of the evolutionary ladder of cinema.

People like Todd Howard are the Tarkovsky of video games. With his unique non autistic perspective, he sees video games as an experience rather than a puzzle. With trials and errors, he has tried to create an experience oriented video game rather than the traditional game oriented video games. His technique might still be in the experimental stage, but I hope someday he will find the perfect formula to articulate his visionary ideal, a combination of discovery and world manipulation.

R E P O R T E D

How is the pickpocketing one a lie?
Inevitable bugs are extremely rare?
fucking wut?
As I said you are too fucking delusional to even acknowledge reality.

Just keep claiming basic skills in the game are unusable. My favorite, though is the claim that UR SAVE GUN B CORRUPT

I think I've heard only one guy complaining about save corruption last year in a thread. Other than that, never saw that one anywhere. It's just you messing it up with unstable mods such as the keychan mod.

This is so blantantly false. I played Morrowind on the Xbox, with no mods, and the game still had CONSTANT issues with save game corruption and random crashing.

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sneak

As I said, delusional to the point of denying reality.

uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Unarmored

I remember having fun with it as a kid so I picked it back up a few months ago and got about an hour into it before I realised that unmodded it was shit. First 3 quests I did were go talk to that guy and two fetch quests which took painfully long in the empty world (this is due to hardware constraints I'm sure but it doesn't hold up to modern games at all) after that I uninstalled.

Sure it might be but if mods are needed to fix a game the game itself is shit.

If the first 30 minutes are so shit I don't want to keep playing then the game is shit.

Most of the game is glorified fetch quests
The actual quests don't get interesting until Tribunal but that expansion brings its own set of problems

I hope OpenMW gets finished so that faggot modders would stop supporting Bethesda.

Haven't played Arena, but I think Daggerfall isn't really that good. The first dungeon is too hard. The map isn't helpful. There are pseudo radiant quests and level scaled enemies. The merchants' inventory is level scaled too. Control is clunky and WASD scheme can't fix it, although still not as bad as Gothic.

Not as enjoyable as Morrowind, but I still enjoy it for what it is. Had to play with cheats, it's a slow and hard game.

Dude, stop. I'm the one who made all the Tarkovsky posts along with the infamous "video game is not art" thread. Look, from now on I'll put on a trip. Don't go around parading it like it's a meme.

No they aren't. Stalker is Tarkovsky at his prime. He knew his strength and already figured out all the faults he made in Ivan's Childhood and Solaris. Among all Tarkovsky's kinos, maybe excluding Zerkalo, Stalker has the most flawless pacing and visuals. It might exceed Stalker at a few places, but while Zerkalo was meant to be watched by people who grew up in cold war era Soviet, people who can relate their life experience to the film, there is a more universal aspect of Stalker that makes it understandable by those who don't even understand Russian culture. Stalker is very articulate in presenting it's theme of apocalypse, faith, hope, and freedom, while Zerkalo is one of Tarkovsky's more personal works based on his childhood.

Unlike Tarkovsky, Todd hasn't truly learned all the strengths and weaknesses of Morrowind. The immersion of FO4 and Skyrim is simply unable to match Morrowind. Morrowind with it's alien world, colorful ecosystem, and various cultures, is still not yet fully understood by Toddovsky. Therefore, Todd is still at the experimental stage, not contemporary.

Hard =/= not working
As I said, you're a fucking liar exaggerating every problem.

I never replied that that one.

This is bait. Daggerfall is also a dungeon crawler compared to morrowind as an rpg.

The skill practically isn't a factor when using it
How is that working at all?

Liking Gothic I can understand and relate to but liking Daggerfall?
Its probably the buggiest piece of shit released by Bethesda that tries so much but actually does very little.

Of course Daggerfal is more of a dungeon crawler than Morrowind. Morrowind's dungeons are pretty short, while in Daggerfall you'd take hours or probably days to finish a dungeon. Morrowind is a game about worldbuilding and open world exploration.

The dynamic of Morrowind lies in it's design. The culture, town design, architecture, geography, and even vegetation and creature placement are all carefully planned.

This is bullshit and you know it.

It's COMPACT. Small, but with lots of substance.

When you make a gamebreakingly overpowered 300 strength build, sure. But that's the beauty of it. The sense of progression is strong and defined by the players themselves. You can play it clean and hard, or with creativity you can do a bit of exploitation of the game's mechanics.

Why are you tripfagging exactly?

Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of Holla Forums are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!

pic related

I beat the game using a chitin spear and armor at level 15 without even using alchemy or magic.
You tell me how cleaner I can get than that.

Most of the tombs are 3 room dungeons that share their designs. The "dungeons" in Bloodmoon are mostly straight lines with muddy wall textures just like the caves in the vanilla game. The final dungeon in Tribunal is a straight line with one unique trap that requires consumables to get through.

Substance of what? Fetch quests? More shit to kill for shit loot? Unlike gothic you have very little incentive to explore. The enemies respawn as soon as you go through a loading door and most of the dungeons load their monsters from levelled lists meaning no unique encounters.

I meant dynamic as in changing.
The NPCs don't have schedules, shops are open 24/7. Time is a complete non factor which makes me question why even have a day and night cycle when it has no meaningful effect on the gameplay? This highlights a lot of design flaws of the game. Morrowind was back when Bethesda "streamlines" stuff while also adding useless shit. Medium armor protects less than light armor but weighs more. You have all these different classes of melee weapons but only shortblade and spears are differ from the rest due to their reach, you have magic spells that can do 200 points of damage but most enemies in the late game reflect magic spells for no reason whatsoever, you have crossbows and bows but they have no functional difference(compared to something like Gothic 2 where character build matter more and your weapons determine your playstyle), generic weapons in expansions which can deal more damage than most top tier artifact weapons

Between you and that other shitposter, I don't care to respond anymore.

turn on forced anonymity brother

"The greatest game ever made" is one of the buggiest games ever made? Setting the bar real fucking low there, OP.

The game was ambitious, but it wasn't very good either mechanically or storywise, and it ran like shit with huge CTD issues that had to be fixed by fans. Morrowind's roll-based combat system which also requires hitting the hurtbox of an opponent whose hurtbox is so very poorly defined makes it a very poor excuse for a game. Because you should really have to continually readjust position before you can finally make contact with cliff racers who constantly move around at 255 speed and will never be out of range, because their positioning is based on calculated distance while yours is based on player perception…

Gee Anonymous, I don't know.

Oh that raises another issue… one of the worst parts of Morrowind is that hand-to-hand requires your enemy to have 0 stamina to do damage. Why it works like this makes no sense, you can easily kill someone by hitting them in a vital area like the temple, but in a TES game it's like everyone dodges like Agent Smith until you finally whittle own their ability to dodge. It's bullshit.

I still want to know why morrowind of all games attracts so many shitposters

unarmed is actually good if you max it, because you stunlock everything after a few hits. just takes forever.

also op is a faggot, game is good but it's also one of the most broken games ever made in almost every aspect.

You stunlock everything anyway because of how poorly done the combat animations are.
Just spam a weapon with high skill and the enemies will be locked in their hurt animation for 90% of the fight.

Oblivion fanboys with with nostalgia
Or Skyrim babies

It's also one of the few skills that scale well past 100 and continue to increase in damage. A shame most high level creatures also have Restore Fatigue making them immune to unarmed.

That's true of Deus Ex and System Shock 2, too.