Hey Holla Forums, I'm developing an online trading card game called Forgotten Lore...

Hey Holla Forums, I'm developing an online trading card game called Forgotten Lore. The big thing in the game is that every single card is a unique Steam Inventory item that is both tradable and marketable with no strings attached (except for the starter deck).

Devblogs: forgotten-lore.com/
Steam page: store.steampowered.com/app/391240

Just dropping by to get some opinions on the game so far. It actually just released today, as an Early Access title! If you post your steam profile URL in your post I can give your account the game (via a script I have running on this thread) so you can try it out and fight against each other, or me.

Would love to hear suggestions, criticisms, etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/id/beer_and_scones/
steamcommunity.com/id/Riktheprick/
steamcommunity.com/id/Skormory/
steamcommunity.com/id/dabunkydunk/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084555710/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006665233/
steamcommunity.com/id/Divreus
steamcommunity.com/id/theclovis/
steamcommunity.com/id/rpod/
steamcommunity.com/id/megalolo/
steamcommunity.com/id/impsyn
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093808111
steamcommunity.com/id/Akistan/
steamcommunity.com/id/jackdaw/
steamcommunity.com/id/artificialfun/
steamcommunity.com/id/th1sc0rd/
steamcommunity.com/id/giftmethingsfrommylist/
steamcommunity.com/id/sausagepudding/
steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Doom/
steamcommunity.com/id/watersauce
steamcommunity.com/id/JSElectro
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025476627/
steamcommunity.com/id/RamzaAeon
hexprice.com/Card/Concubunny
hexprice.com/Card/Concubunny AA
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101079519/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048970631
steamcommunity.com/id/slotherly
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028838667
steamcommunity.com/id/annoyedgrunt
steamcommunity.com/id/Videogame7/
steamcommunity.com/id/Gunner3579/
steamcommunity.com/id/Xatu_png
steamcommunity.com/id/annoyedgrunt/
steamcommunity.com/id/lolazaurus
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026926934
steamcommunity.com/id/cookedpork
steamcommunity.com/id/DMingintensifies
steamcommunity.com/id/partyeveryweek
steamcommunity.com/id/nagawut
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016626922
steamcommunity.com/id/tailwank/
steamcommunity.com/id/wolfrad/
steamcommunity.com/id/explodemode/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016626922/
steamcommunity.com/id/SynthCyber/
steamcommunity.com/id/partyeveryweek/
steamcommunity.com/id/datbaby
steamcommunity.com/id/dragonrebel
steamcommunity.com/id/KapitanNeko/
steamcommunity.com/id/aaronson2012
steamcommunity.com/id/xProvidence/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996672007/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061452132/
steamcommunity.com/id/MisterSleeves
steamcommunity.com/id/draconian139/
steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/
steamcommunity.com/id/doubleplayer
steamcommunity.com/id/tezza28/
steamcommunity.com/id/MaxieMan/
steamcommunity.com/id/dyzphagia
steamcommunity.com/id/Prokhor_Zharkov/
steamcommunity.com/id/Iguanalypse/
steamcommunity.com/id/newmaster95/
steamcommunity.com/id/AMWegener
steamcommunity.com/id/bigfuckingfailiredotorg
steamcommunity.com/id/2458925958791423649482759825/
steamcommunity.com/id/Psy0ch/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040732538/
steamcommunity.com/id/A9DOC
steamcommunity.com/id/astronautapt/
steamcommunity.com/id/mOOrsey122/
steamcommunity.com/id/FunMove/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139364786
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979930908/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975995056
steamcommunity.com/id/speghi/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987815569/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007905515
steamcommunity.com/id/colek38/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968781961
steamcommunity.com/id/NyaNekoNya/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993840049/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995954744
steamcommunity.com/id/brumana
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079872086
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988108817/
steamcommunity.com/id/V38/
steamcommunity.com/id/Johcatz
steamcommunity.com/id/crackychan/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992187539/
steamcommunity.com/id/A_dJ/
steamcommunity.com/id/drpixel/
steamcommunity.com/id/phrostb/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990379701/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059941301
steamcommunity.com/id/MisterEddieEcho/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085937617/
steamcommunity.com/id/trinner
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960330700
steamcommunity.com/id/brokkhouse/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968410781/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014987491
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028466885
steamcommunity.com/id/kaoslanbash/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027214426/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995577470/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989710363/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080659006/
steamcommunity.com/id/Ardebitis/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014919540
steamcommunity.com/id/towershield1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Same as the last thread, posting a batch of keys for people to snatch up to start off.

Post steam profile url if you want me to just drop the game in your account (you won't get a notification, it will just show up in your library). Anyways.

The game is kind of a mix between video game pokemon and hearthstone, gameplay wise. You build your tome (deck) out of pages (cards). You can put the pages into different types of tomes for different gameplay styles.

For example, one is Leech. It's a pretty basic tome that sucks 1 HP each turn, but gives you 2 Souls (mana) in exchange. Another is Mill, which does not give or take anything each turn. Instead, you sacrifice cards in your hand to get Souls whenever you please.

There are a bunch of different skills and status effects, like poison, freeze, etc. You attack the other player's tome until it's HP is 0 to win.

Stop advertising your game here and sell the idea to pop-cap.

Cool, givin' it a download. I liked Harthstone as a game but I hate Blizzard as people, so I hope this is good.

Hey
Kill yourself

Downloadan. If any of you faggots in the thread wanna try playing together, post steam ID.

So the big thing is that your game requires steam? You'd have better luck advertising on reddit. Get out.

My Steam ID is
!F1Ng3RN!GgeRs

My game?

And we're off to a good start.

Do cards of the same game have a similar theme?

These days it's pretty damn hard for me to devote time and attention to a card game that I can't play on the go or at least one that has cute girls.

So which of the two of my requirements can you fufill?

Didn't mean to quote you autismo. Calm your tits.

So 0 people are playing right now, my only experience playing has been with the brain dead bot who I raped multiple times.

The game itself is decent but most of the cards (that I have I don't know if everyone has different cards than me) are stat based, this is the most boring kind of card, I like the ones that do special stuff like spawning a minion every turn or getting to hit when placed down, when I had a card that did an ability it was just elemental damage or a freeze effect, basically Pokemon, and Pokemon has the most barebones combat system out of any game possible, so that's not a good start.

I get what your going at dev and I wish ya the best, but this game has so many issues I have with your peers, where it's "It's like X game mixed with Y games and a little of Z game" You need to do something that stands out, something that hasn't been done before with card based gameplay.

This. Nobody that is the Hearthstone crowd will play it because it's not Hearthstone. Nobody from the MtG crowd will play it because it's not MtG. This reminds me of 2011-2013 when devs realized they could copy the Call of Duty gameplay model and throw a shitty gimmick on it for a quick buck, see Rekoil for an example of it. This feels kind of like that, but "Let's make Hearthstone with all the cards marketable through Steam" which sounds like a cool idea but without a decent playerbase will fall off pretty damn quickly rending the whole idea moot.

The only way I can see this lasting is some way to promote this that isn't a clone of hearthstone (especially since hearthstone is free) but as its own entity that can get a community backing. Right now nobody is playing it which means all the cool ideas of the inventory go to waste.

Just my two cents. It would be nice to see some of these indie titles shilled posted constantly turn out to be something good.

steamcommunity.com/id/beer_and_scones/

ay fam gibs me dat

You're an alright cunt.

The steam crowd everybody.

Yo OP, thanks for not making another horrible CCG, there'sonly one I play and the rest is all shitty cashgrabs.

sasuga

I would try it, but I don't want to be [spoiled]judged[/spoiler] for posting ID and the keys don't work.

I screwed that up. It implies that I got it to work and it fucking doesn't. Geegee, etc.

Took long enough

rip

I get what you're saying, but keep in mind that we're still pretty early. Just released a week ago, so there is a ton of room for improvement.

Looks like the script picked you up, user

Not a ton online yet, so it'd probably be easier to grab a friend.

My thoughts exactly

Not all of it is Steam user, a lot of it is your own info, game level/exp, and in game gold. Also win ratios.

I can see three different possible trademark issues coming your way, you should consider going with something else.

steamcommunity.com/id/Riktheprick/

There's Hex.

I don't play card games, but this looks a lot like hearthstone.

steamcommunity.com/id/Skormory/

steamcommunity.com/id/dabunkydunk/

Forgot to thank you, OP. Today you weren't a complete faggot.

Polite sage for double post.

Sent

Like?

Is there a tutorial anywhere? I'd really like to figure this shit out so I can play.

No, but it's not terribly difficult. You just attack the other player's tome until they are dead. Descriptions on cards will tell you the rest.

Lands of Lore
Forgotten Realms
Spellfire

I also just realized something, when you try to build a deck, you cant actually remove or see what cards are currently in the deck. You can only add cards from the library.

Yes you can, they appear on the left and you can click them. If not, screenshot? Could be a bug

They don't for me.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198084555710/

you can't make this shit up

Well that's uhh, something.

Could you fetch this file and hastebin/pasetbin it for me?

\steamapps\common\Forgotten Lore\ForgottenLore_Data\output_log.txt

I could probs get a fix out for it if you could do that.

Yeah, the bots are pretty hilariously bad.

Sent

Hey Holla Forums check em

I wish all online card games used the payment model Faeria uses. f2p but you can get all cards for a onetime fee

ccg is bad, your cards are worth shit since you can't sell them

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006665233/

steamcommunity.com/id/Divreus

free shit is always nice

Yo dev, do friendly matches work? Or are they not implemented yet?

At the moment the only way is to que up in matchmaking at the same time as your friend. Since there are so few players this works almost every time.

But yeah, a button that let's you duel specifically with your friend is in the works.

Fuck it OP, I've been looking for a card game for a while so I'd be up for trying yours
steamcommunity.com/id/theclovis/

codemonkey what the fuck

steamcommunity.com/id/rpod/

Found the original post

Still there OP?

I'd like me some TCGs, and it sounds interesting

steamcommunity.com/id/megalolo/

Thanks for actually interacting with us instead of just shilling, OP. It's appreciated.

You aren't from around here are you?

Few things that could be improved with relative ease:

* Make the deck sort based on the value of the card.

* Take a hint from Hearthstone and create a green border around playable cards.

* Improve UI, slightly confusing to navigate. Make it so you can click a menu button a second time to get out of the opened menu.

* Make it so you can see your opponents hand, or at least how many cards they have. I like to have an idea of how big my card advantage is.

* The way the cards move are way too slow. Mostly talking about the deck editor and how it just feels sluggish when it spreads the cards out. Maybe speed up the animations a little bit?

Then for some gameplay issues:

* Everything feels really unsatisfying. There are no sounds when creatures hit each other, and again, the animations are too slow.

* Needs more removal. Fissure is good and all, but it's a bit expensive. Maybe some more damaging spells?

* If you play a minion right after you play Fissure, it gets destroyed with it. pls fix.

* Make is so we can see status effects and how stacked they are. I can't seem to see it anywhere.

* We need fatigue. Something that happens when you run out of cards. Right now nothing happens and it just leads to me exiting the game, which gives my opponent 0 gold.

* Add a concede button.

And a few questions:

* How many cards are in the game right now?

* Will you switch Boago's art? He looks retarded right now.

I see the potential in the game and that you have fun making it, and I hope you continue to develop it for at least a year or two. GL OP, I'll play it more if you fix some of the issues.

THIS IS WRONG

Why aren't you all dubsposting in a shill thread

Ah fuck it, why not, hit me up as well OP. I need a new card game to autism over and talk about ever since Hex's campaing triggered me like a SJW at the beach and Nova Blitz went down the shitter.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198093808111

Because you don't know what "shill" means.

That's common courtesy nigga. Now if the game is shit or the guy making it as cancerous as YanDev, that's another thing.

You still here OP? I might want to check your game out

steamcommunity.com/id/Akistan/

Sorry this a shill thread. Go back to reddit

Better not go to /agdg/, it'll trigger the shit out of you. Lurk more or fuck off.

Been expecting someone to make a TCG that depends on the market like this - seems so obvious. However I'd recommend you make the game free to play and let your income be entirely on selling booster packs and your share of the market sales (what is it, 10% of every item sold?), reach a much much wider audience that way.

Drop me a copy and I'll check it

steamcommunity.com/id/jackdaw/

Jesus Tits how the fuck does this shit work? I'm probably a fucking idiot but adding something akin to a small Tutorial page with basic information about cards and mechanics would be beneficial OP. Or I'm blind as fuck and not seeing it, apologies if that's the case

Please include a tutorial so babies like me can get familiar with it. Thanks!

Sounds cool OP, hit me up.
steamcommunity.com/id/artificialfun/
Before anyone calls me a pleb, Unturned and Dying light demo are up there because when you use the RVT exploit to play pirated games online it shows up as these games

?

Interested in trying out your game op, might not be able to do so until later though.

Trips confirm.

Some pirated games let you change some files around so that you can play online with other pirates.

How the hell do you get banned from trading?

playing pirated games online

Obviously if he plans on going the F2P route it'd be smart to wait until leaving Early Access first, you only get one shot at drawing in the F2P crowd.

What else but running multiple scams in 2012/2013 to get multiple games?
I've spent less than 150$ on this account and I've a shitton of games, my last purchase was in the beggining of 2014 and it was dork souls 2

Thanks OP, installing right now.
It's either this or Hex.

Right, so, I think I got it. Top left icon on a card is the cost to play that card on the board. Top right icon is its total health, same deal as with Heartstone and games of its ilk, it doesn't regenerate at the start of a turn if it gets damaged. Bottom left is the cards attack, it shows how much damage it's going to deal to a card it attacks. Bottom right is a cards defense, it's how much damage it's going to deal back whenever it gets attacked.

The fucking resource system is weird as all fucking hell though, not to mention seemingly retarded.

Wait no, bottom right is how much damage will get blocked when attacked, my apologies.

Always up for some TCG

You're supposed to fill your deck with cards like in Hearthstone, but mechanics are a lot different.

In the upper left, you have the card's mana (souls) cost. Upper right, it's health. Works like in Hearthstone, meaning it does not regenerate end of turn. Lower left, attack. Self-explanatory. Lower right, armor. Whenever a creature takes damage, you subtract armor from damage and that's how much damage it takes. You get around this with poison.

Poison creatures apply poison stacks to creatures in addition to damage. A creature with one poison stack takes 1 damage on the beginning of your opponents turn, two poison stacks means two damage, you get the idea. There is no indication on how much poison stacks a creature has, so you have to keep that in mind yourself.

Here your creatures don't receive counterattack damage when they deal damage to other creatures, so if you're good enough, a 2-mana 2/2 with poison is just as good as a 4-mana 2/5 with poison. That's retarded and exploitable.

You're also not forced to have a 30-card deck to play matches. This can fuck up your deck if you don't know what you're doing. This is also retarded and potentially exploitable.

Awaken apparently activates your units. It's not like haste, meaning you can attack with a unit, use Awaken, then attack again.

High-cost units are a trap. Don't include too many unless you don't know what you're doing - you need low-cost minions to swing tempo in your favor so that you have mana to spend on, you guessed it, said high-cost cards.

There is no removal at the moment in this game save for Fissure, a 0-cost card that halves your HP (you start with 60-something, way too much in my opinion) and you generally want to bait it out since if you don't, you can get very, very rekt. It also can kill off your units for no reason the turn after you play it. That's retarded.

Beyond that, you're on your own. The game's half dead, as in I just waited 15 minutes in ranked matches matchmaking but got someone in this thread to play with me.

Also, the get 2 mana card is OP.

steamcommunity.com/id/giftmethingsfrommylist/

Looks great OP, best of luck~!

Even so he should be making clear that it'll go f2p at some point - and give people who buy it now either a promise of some special cards or whatever other bonus shit.

But imo going f2p is crucial, game will be dead in the water otherwise.

OP if you're reading these, I'm confident you can hit the bigbucks if you play the market thing right - if you do the right things to rouse the interest of the steam jews, they'll buy your cards en mass just to sell them for more later - an active reseller market is constant rake % for you. All you need is things worth investing in.

That I noticed but I feel it's mostly because the way mana is generated in this game is fucking retarded, as playing a card will give you no additional mana for your next turn. It feels like it's trying to be unique and quirky for the sole reason of being unique and quirky instead of any definable trait related to the gameplay.

Not getting into all the other shit I've noticed that's wrong gameplay wise, this shit needs a serious overhaul UI wise. Image related, for example, is unnaceptable.

I regret working in the QA bizz now, this shit is triggering me hard.

A good way to hit on the jews is surely to make a shitload of rare novelty cards or thematic series. You gotta look at real TCG's business tactics.

It's the turn in WHICH you play it, not after. I had someone play a match against me, he used fissure and played a minion or two AFTER playing fissure. His minions got destroyed for some reason. So just, don't do that.

The fuck is this shit?

steamcommunity.com/id/sausagepudding/

thanks a lot fam

steamcommunity.com/id/Mr_Doom/

Literally on the store page.

OP pls where's muh TCG?

Look in your library.

steamcommunity.com/id/watersauce

i remember when that was a thing, now they want you cellphone or social insurance number.
keep giving people reasons to drop steam, gabe. maybe some decent platform will arise.

It ain't there my friend.

Any sexy lewd cards partner?

Too many spoils the novelty actually

Like Dota 2 immortals - back in the day you had the Timebreaker and Dragonclaw and people went crazy when they saw one

Now the "immortal" rarity is completely meaningless and they've added so many rare, not-so-rare and common hero sets that nobody knows which ones they should freak out about anymore

Having few, but visually impressive legendary items that don't distort the gameplay much (eg are just really fancy looking versions of typical cards) be much better, you don't want any black lotus type of stuff where you have to ban the expensive things from competetive play so the poors can compete - being able to use the fancy shit in every mode without people moaning about them breaking the game, make them more appealin

Time limited cosmetic shit is a pretty good way to make the jews come in though - as long as the amount of players goes up the value of things you can no longer get will also.

One day I will learn to read

This is not the day

Yo OP, any chance you from the /agdg/ thread? I recall one of them was trying to make a card game too and I'm wonderin if you're the same guy

If so, congrats on livin the dream. I hope to see your game get big or at least develop a following.

This. I don't have it installed any more but if any of you anons still got Hex on your PC, could you grab a few pictures of the Concubunny and the AA Concubunny prices off the auction house just to show how much jews love this shit?

If I remember right the regular concobunny is a normal, trash cheap card and the sexy concubunny is upwards of 30$

Hey OP, I remember you from /agdg/. I even applied to beta-test your game and you gave me a key, but I never used it because my uni coursework got really intense about a week after. I'm at my finals now, though, so hopefully I'll get plenty of time over the break to play. I'd love it if you could throw me a key.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198025476627/

Congratz again on making it! How hard was it to build the game? You used Unity right? I've wanted to for a while, but I've never tried.

Pretty much. Still, pictures would just help prove that point better, not to mention I have no idea how much it changed recently in terms of pricing. Probably is cheaper at the moment since I think they hand it out every spring or so.

I will fucking fight you m8.

I was obviously talking about price and not quality lad.
learn to read.

I'm sleepy as fuck, my bad m8.

Unity is dying, I would reccomend something else.
What type of game do you have in mind?
For 2D there's Godot and Love2d(GameMaker is now dying too)
For 3D there's UE4 I guess?

The only one who should go back to reddit is you, mate

steamcommunity.com/id/RamzaAeon

More card games, woo.

I have a couple of ideas, nothing I've been really wanting to do, just wanted to dip my toes into the industry. I'm a computer science major so I've been thinking of just coding it myself in Python or Java using external libraries rather than using an engine as an exercise.

hexprice.com/Card/Concubunny
hexprice.com/Card/Concubunny AA

Not that extreme difference, but still around 50-70 times more expensive

Somehow forgot to post my account.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198101079519/

really?
that kind of makes half the monsters shit
and the souls take forever to gather
i end up having cards that stay in my hand for like 20 turns
poison is overpowered
and you might want to relocate the icons on the cards
armour should be upper right, health and attack on the bottom
or armour in the bottom middle between health and attack

sounds jewtastic as fuck also go shill somewhere else

ok

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048970631

no the word you're looking for is freemium

Give me your free game goy
pls I want to have fun

steamcommunity.com/id/slotherly

Do you think I'm retarded? It's like mobile games, those aren't really free to play.

You don't have to buy card from the steam store retard, the OP just said that you can trade cards using the steam built-in trade thing.

0/10 please try harder

Alright, who here wants to do some duels, I wanna test this shits features some more.

shill
A person engaged in covert advertising. The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services.

The OP straight said that he made the game, how is it shilling?

Why did you decide to "contribute" to one of the worst and most redundant genres ever made instead of something actually fun?

No offense but this thread is the definition of shilling. Go look it up in a dictionary.

But I don't know what Holla Forums's policy is on these things. Technically that Yandere dev is shilling too.

What. Since when and on what basis?

Why would I sage when I want more people to laugh at you? Goddamn you meme spouting kids are retarded.

Has Holla Forums always been the personal blog of game devs making shitty games? I honestly never pay attention.

Unity is already being corrupted by the inside as you can see by the muh diversity thing and that pink haired fatso acting as a spokesperson and posting shit on the official unity devblog, as well as

Gamemaker already has tons of problems and Yo-Yo studius seems to be kicking the bucket.

If you dislike the game why not just hide the thread, friend?

I did not sage the thread you colossal moron
also lrn2readingcomprehension
whats it like lacking self awareness

If ya' want, you can head back over to Moot's house for another "BANG BANG BANG - That's all it takes for a burglar to enter your house" thread.

Also E.E you faggot and your shitposter deck, game started, get in here.

Thanks you're right. I'm enabling my "generic autistic trading card game" filter now. See you on the other side.

It's not. A shill is someone who pretends to be a patron of a business, usually a scam, in order to trick other people into thinking that it's a good idea. You've never seen this shit? There are people who are paid to go into casinos, specifically to win big and make a big scene out of it, drumming up excitement, just so other people will try to win big too. Of course, they were always going to win, because the house knows, and when they walk out of there with their winnings, they give them back to their employer. The suckers who watched them win, on the other hand, now think that it's statistically reasonable to win, and will pump money into doing so, which of course is retarded.

The proprietor of a business specifically telling you that he's the proprietor of a business and handing out free samples in hopes of feedback is about as honest of a business practice as you can get.
Already did:

I said aging, not saging. Keep embarassing yourself.

Game got stuck for some reason. Lemme restart.

Hurry it up nigga, we ain't got all day to meme each other with poison.

learn to read and learn the difference newfag

people, please don't surrender, neither of us gets shekels that way

casual

i havent gotten the game, what gives

M8 I surrendered and requed, I think Free Play is fucked.

Me either. OP's probably asleep. It's early/late as fuck in most of the Anglosphere right now.

OP promised me to check out his free TCG, I am disappointed.

I played quite a bunch of different games, like Hearthstone, Duelyst, Spellweaver.

I still think Duelyst is quite amazing but I hate the fact that the legendary to basic / rare ratio is fucked and you can use up to 3 of the same legendaries in your deck.

Spellweaver seemed ok and way more like MtG and hearthstone is a nice fun for any casual gamer.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028838667

I am a little busy right now, but I will be sure to check it out in a few weeks. I like that we will be actually able to trade, it makes it less Jewish.

steamcommunity.com/id/annoyedgrunt
Ayy

Okay, Fissure needs a rework.

Either lower max HP, or make it cost like 8-10 souls. It's ridiculously good.

It's also ridiculously baitable. As in, you can see it from a mile away.

Another thing that needs fixing is the fact that all actions stop once you hit End Turn, which means queing up attacks or plays then just hitting the button will cancel everything that hasn't happened.

Even if you can see it a mile away, as soon as it's played, you're pretty fucked. At least with the standard cards.

gibmedats
steamcommunity.com/id/Videogame7/

Git gud.

This looks pretty interesting.

steamcommunity.com/id/Gunner3579/

Opened a pack. You just get the same fucking cards over again.

Can confirm. I got 2 fissures though.

Also, fun fact - with the right cards and the right amount of mana, you may not even NEED to use fissure. If your opponent uses it and drops a hi-cost minion, you can just drop the 12/5 and Awaken it if you have enough mana. Awaken is seriously broken in right situations.

steamcommunity.com/id/Xatu_png

I'll try again

steamcommunity.com/id/annoyedgrunt/

only downside right now is that there's a lack of cards
i don't care how shitty the effects are, even if it's original yugioh tier, i'd still want more cards
otherwise there's not much of a point in grinding right now

???? Its early access and 9 euros for me.

well it's free if you got the codes earlier in the thread, or if OP's script thing works

Listen user, I'm sure you worked really hard on this. but I can go play Pokemon, Magic and Heartstone for completely free right now.

Does this game even have a "game" attached to it? Say something like Pokemon TCG on the Gameboy?

Because if it doesn't then why the fuck should I play it when there's so many better free options?

The whole OPs script thing seems like a data mining attempt. I get the shilling because he was straight up about it but submitting your accounts is where I draw the line

steamcommunity.com/id/lolazaurus

pls gib free game thanks

well the trading thing seems to work
anyone got more skeletons/lost soul/avehosa ?

You're the Scribble Space homo, did you fire your plagaristic artist for your card game?

le happy merchant funny face

le trolled

here's another pack

well the souls and wizard are great

This sounds fun so Ill drop my profile in hopes OP is still around
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198026926934
I hope I did it right

i got shit drops

fuck forgot pic

u wot mate

Eh, I'll try it out.

steamcommunity.com/id/cookedpork

If you want suggestions, mine would be to start over from scratch and make a game that isn't fucking awful in every single way, shape, and form.

but i like RTS games

What trading card game doesn't adhere to that descriptor? Besides, you're judging a game basically on the sole fact that it uses steam to trade cards. Points for pretending to give useful advice and actually just trying to look like the contrarian cool kid.

steamcommunity.com/id/DMingintensifies I'll give it a shot.

I'm interested.

steamcommunity.com/id/partyeveryweek

steamcommunity.com/id/nagawut

:D

Keep posting those steam profiles goys guys

I remember the alhpa, though I didn t spend a lot of time on it.

Hit me up OP,

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016626922

into the trash

well how else would he sell it?

Dev is a gigantic faggot

i heard we wuz free games?
steamcommunity.com/id/tailwank/

Pretty much anything that's not trying to copy magic. When I say that, I don't mean it literally, but as that same style of game where both players just dump creatures/allies/monsters onto the board and their forces continuously clash.

Hell, shitty game that it is, even Pokemon gets away from that garbage Magic/Hearthstone/Yugioh formula just a bit, with other games getting even further away until you wind up with unique things like Netrunner.

I dont think you know anything about magic

You are free to hold whatever poorly-informed opinion of me you like. It's only natural to pretend that someone disagreeing with you is a ridiculous fool so that your own worldview isn't challenged.

Look at the time this thread was made lad.
You cannot just expect the guy to sit here 8 hours straight.

Why do people play card games?
I usually see that physical card games or gambling are the most suitable, but on a video game… doesn't fit

Get off your high horse, you made objectively false claims about magic.

I think the script may be broken if there is a script at all

what's the difference?
at least this time you can actually trade cards

Sorry, but it's cancer. TCGs by their very definition are P2W.

There are some mechanics in card games that are more of a hassle to keep track of or perform.

Stuff like shuffling cards of your deck into an opponents deck that trigger once he draws said card.

Deciding a target that's chosen at random.

Keeping track of card stats while they're in your hand or deck.

And those are only for MTG or Hearthstone likes.

It's mostly to make more complex mechanics happen instantly without requiring the players to manage what's going on and focus on strategies. Luxury.

steamcommunity.com/id/wolfrad/

Lend game pls ty

Lend now

I don't think that anybody is asking him to do nothing else but stare at the thread, but he could at least check back in every few hours or so.

He probably went to sleep.

Sounds kind of cool, I like the card autism.
steamcommunity.com/id/explodemode/

Went to bed and it looks like the script I had running crashed, booted it up again just now.

Sent

O-okay.

So does it work now?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198016626922/

steamcommunity.com/id/SynthCyber/

I'm not a furry if you're skeptical of the picture.

since you didn't include my post, i might as well also try again

Nope.

Shit, noted.

Still working on icons for it, but for now status effects show on the bottom right of the card.

About 15 or 16 atm

Probably eventually, focusing on new art first tho.

It's a bug that's currently being worked on.

Check the store page, I'm going f2p during Early Access.

We do some light verification on Steam, I'd be interesting in knowing if pirated clients could play online. Wouldn't be a big deal really though, considering it is eventually going f2p. The paywall is just so I can maintain servers at this early stage.

Oh sorry user, my regex is kind of retarded so it looks like it's only picking up , not https:// urls. Care to post again?

Mine wasn't picked either, mate:

So if you want to include winning gold even if the opponent concedes.

How will you prevent planned match starts and concedes to farm gold?

so i should post the link like this, then?

Well fug, I was thinking whether to ask for it or not this whole day today.

I guess I will take it.

steamcommunity.com/id/datbaby

Pretty good. From top left clockwise: Soul Cost, HP, Attack, Defense.

When attacking, damage done is attackers Attack - defender's Defense, but it always deals at least 1 damage.

The different Tomes have different resource management. Try out Mill.

There's a green "x#" on the poisoned card, I know this could be improved.

This is a bug, I'll be sure to fix it before next patch.

It has a paywall now to deal with server infrastructure. I don't want a few thousand people online at once yet.

Could you post your output_log.txt file? It's located in the install directory for the game /ForgottenLore_Data/

The trick to making money on stuff like that is to make it SUPER rare, then eventually make them less rare and make a new, rarer item. Kind of like the power creep idea but with rarity.

Always keeps some item on the community market at >$1000

I made a /agdg/ thread awhile back. Kind of let it die though, since no one really replied to it more than once a month.

why have you not made pot of greed yet
the mill tome is useless without it

The other user is an idiot, Unity is not dying. I'm using Unity for Forgotten Lore, and also using Unity for a VR title I'm helping dev at the place I work. I'd recommend it for solo or small teams. Unreal if you feel like learning a ton more and fighting C++ daily. You need to be much more skilled to use Unreal as reliably as Unity. You can easily make trash games with either, though.

He's right though, GMS is shit.

You can buy card packs, which contain 5 random cards, via earned gold from playing the game. When it goes f2p the gold price will increase and I'll introduce a real world money thing, but right now and for probably the next year it's gold only.

It's $10 right now, with no micro transactions. The game is literally free for people in this thread, no strings attached. I'm trying to build a playerbase, not extract money from neckbeards.

Unity is not. Gamemaker was always shit. I've used both extensively.

Would you please cater to my special furfag needs? If so I would be more then pleased to drop some dosh on your game.

Small question, how long does it take for the script to gift the game?
I posted the link to my steam account twice after you fixed the script, one https, second http.
Still no game.

Willing to give this a shot
steamcommunity.com/id/dragonrebel

Obviously you're not supposed to use GMS for 3D games, silly user.

Who cares. If you want to make games you use the best tools, you don't get caught up in stupid drama like a child.

The other guy is either still loading or possibly DCd before even connecting to the game server. RIP.I need to build a timeout to display in the client when this happens, noted.

If your url had an , try replacing that with an http:// - my script is dumb. Sorry.

Hmm, this shouldn't be the case. Also, I'm impressed if you can actually play a card and hit end turn before the animations begin.

Damn son, nice job on getting a pack already. But yeah, the cards you get from packs or drops are tradable. So there's that. Not a ton of cards yet.

Agreed. Need more cards, just still early is all.

Then don't buy, check what the store page says. Literally says I'm paying for server stuff while it's in early access with the $10 paywall. It'll be f2p when it's done.

I'm a dev on Steam. I can write a script that grabs one Steam account, then all of its friends, then all of that's friends accounts, and so on and so on. Threads like these don't help me "datamine" anymore than simply having an account on Steam does. We all have full access anyways, even if it's on "private" - if your data is online it's never really private.

I did the art for scribble space, that's why it's shitty scribbles.

Damn son, drops so fast. How many games did it take you per drop?

If you have some gameplay suggestions I'm all ears.

See above.

Yeah, there's a script. Had to turn it back on when I woke up. Oops.

i get around 20 gold per game whether i win or lose. you do the math

This is pretty much that. Side note:

Avoiding this as much as possible. If it ever hapepns, the jews got to me

There's both a time and turn limit before gold is granted, and it scales a bit.

It's a tricky server side operation that needs to be done, so it's been on the backburner a bit. It's coming, though.

Should have it by now.

I used it to make Scribble Space, which is also on Steam. I can verify it is shit for everything. Teaches back code practices, is buggy and broken all over. Literally no redeeming qualities.

Mostly just verifying that it's working as intended.

Sent

Thanks got it now after the 3rd try

Don't have time now, have to sleep.
But I'll try it for sure.

Are you making more of these threads for more suggestions?

That EULA though

steamcommunity.com/id/KapitanNeko/

I would like to try forgotten lore

gib pls

steamcommunity.com/id/aaronson2012

Damn that was fucking fast. Installing now. Looking forward to jewing people on the market.

None of the cards are actually tradable or marketable right now. Kinda shitty seeing as it's one of the selling points, but what are you gonna do.

Apart from the fact that you have to give Gabe your phone number to not wait 14 days to trade something, mite b cool

Well I tried it already for a bit.

It seems ok so far, but here's my input:

- Overhaul the UI, you can keep the blocky style though at least go with the mainstream slick "flat colors" look (aka metro)
- Set a hard size for your tomes. Nearly all online TCG's have one, (HS with 30, Duelyst with 40, Spellweaver with 60 etc.), this will prevent people not knowing how the hell they're supposed to build a deck
- Add a tutorial, proper walk through to what different card types there are what mechanics are in place etc. so everyone knows what the cards are doing and how to play it

I will give some more feedback when I play some more.

the initial ones aren't tradeable, the ones you get from packs are

What do you mean with hard size?
min size or max size?

no, it allows bad code practices because of the smart parser. This changes once you use the Compiler that doesn't allow to fuck you around as much.

I've been using it for years and there exactly two instances where a bug impacted my usage of code. One of which was not even a problem with the engine itself, but with the IDE.
If you're talking about the IDE, yeah, it's absolute shit.

That looks like a pretty shitty game tbh

Anyway I tried forgotten lore, however I've got a big problem because I cannot see what cards are in my deck.

Also, I think that the effect should go on the card and the lore should go on the side panel, not the way around. You gotta prioritize gameplay man.

Eyyyyyyyy

oh yea, forgot the obvious stuff
add some stuff for the deck building:
counter for how many cards/monsters/spells you have
some way of sorting them (name/cost/atk, etc)

stilll don't have it, i think. doesn't say i have any gifts.

I think that's a resolution issue, actually. I see them on my 1600x900 laptop monitor, but not on my main 1920x1080 monitor.

You don't get a gift.
It just appears in your library.

steamcommunity.com/id/xProvidence/

nevermind then, i have it.

This has nothing to do with compilcated gameplay, this has all to do with making a guide to your game and nothing to do with making it easy.

If I would slap you 100 MtG cards in your face grab my deck and tell you "alright lets play" while you never even heard about this game, you would call out bullshit.

OP is obviously trying to create a playerbase and get free input about the game, which I am providing and I think the biggest hinderance right now is that people just don't know what the fuck is going on. At least some in-game link to a wiki would be cool, but there is nothing and you have to figure shit out on your own just via tooltips.

Fully agree on having a planned out tiering and targeting of rarities, seems like you have it thought out.

However I think systemically letting things lose their rarity will make seasoned market jews like me wise up real quick that there's nothing worth really investing in and bail - unless you can be certain the playerbase will keep outgrowing the reduced rarity of your fancy things. People making money off your game will make you money and give longevity to your economy. The beauty of a digital tcg economy is that the secondary market still gives you rake dollars unlike strictly physical markets like magic the gathering where they *need* to obsolete and re-release things to keep upsetting the market so people buy the newest shit.

There's a few other things I wanna recommend - you should visually distinguish tradable and nontradable cards in inventories, just give the nontradables a white border or something. You also want to use the tagging and descriptions to mark the rarities and special properties of your items - people should be able to tell at a glance what value theirs or someone's inventory has. I haven't played it yet so I don't really know how you handle item drops and such, but you will want to add some economy/crafting type items or services (like metal in tf2 and tradeup contracts in csgo) to control the bottom line value of junk items and give people ways to maneuver the trading economy without having to use the market - a swell of garbage items noone can do anything with you want to avoid at all costs.

I've got a few years of experience and quite a bit of profit trading on steam so I feel like I'd have a lot of decent advice to give to someone trying to build a new steam economy, if that's the kind of conversations you wanna have you could add me at /id/jackdaw

If you want to build a playerbase, you need to do one of two things:

A) Be Magic/Pokemon/Yugioh/Hearthstone
or
B) Make a game that's so incredibly balls-to-the-wall good and innovative that people actually wind up paying attention to it.

OP chose neither.
OP chose to imitate Magic. Again. Like every other fly-by-night CCG, and chose to compound it with other questionable decisions at that.

you still passing out keys or whatever? steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197996672007/

I disagree on a hard limit of deck size. Make it so that there's a minimum, but don't put a max. Let tards tard.

if we get draw power, that might actually work with the Mill tome

what's wrong with you niggas

see
The ones you earn are tradable. Everyone starts with the same initial cards, which are not tradable.

opinions I guess. Mine are based around the fact that when you get into actual gamedev with professional software that doesn't let you fuck around, and uses real OOP ideas, you'll be fucked if you've only used GMS

I've made countless bug reports and only a handful were ever fixed. That shit was insanely bugged, and their cross platform support was super buggy and inconsistent.

Yeah, noted a few times during the thread. I'll be sure to get a fix out.

I agree that we need a tutorial. Just takes time.

That's a genius idea. Will for sure implement. And you're pretty much right on the rest of this as well.

Did you even play it?

The current deck limts are 8 / 64, but I'll probably be raising the minimum to 16 or 32.

Sent

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061452132/
(for a friend who just went offline)

Hearthstone and the like got famous because they did 2 things:

a) Advertisment to the max
b) Slick looking design

Most people care just for a few things in their game. Mostly does it look nice and can I play it on my toaster? And are my friends playing it?

Because if hardly anyone plays this game, then nobody will keep playing this game because hardly anyone wants to play against the bot forever.
OP is already shilling because obviously he doesn't have the assets for proper advertisment and he doesn't have a slick design yet.

Most people will look at it go "eh" and go to one of the 100 different online TCG games.

Duelyst is one of the few TCG's that did it right. They copied just the right amount of Hearthstone to appeal to the masses, threw in way more complexity to create a distinguished playerbase and after they fleshed out their design they went to famous youtube TCG players to stream their game a little bit.

The thing is that if you give more freedom in a TCG that there will be always some asshat player that has 200 cards of the same kind makes a deck that just mills through and abuses a functionality to make a single gimicky deck that is just cancer.

An online TCG that aims to have a big playerbase will be dynamic and most likely evolve, getting more cards in and what not. The less variables you have to worry about (deck limit, classes, etc.) the less you have to worry about balancing issues.
Because if for some reason this game will become popular and people start playing it, the next hurdle will be balancing issues where people will drop the game when they see one type of deck being played just because it is broken and OP can't do squat against it without changing a core game mechanic which most likely people will disagree with anyway.

The safe way would be put hard ristrictions in place to prevent some bullshit from happening. Static values are key for competetive games.

Nice, thanks mate, gonna try it with friends and provide feedback

I got it, thanks baller
gotta fuck around but will try it later

game is way too unfinished for this kind of release, this will flop unless you somehow release massive updates in a few months

your game shouldn't be up for sale when you're still doing "first passes" on animations and redoing entire ai

Would you mind giving a copy or two to me? I'd love to try it out!

steamcommunity.com/id/MisterSleeves

steamcommunity.com/id/draconian139/

It's early access; if it looks too unfinished then don't purchase it yet.

The card design is non-intuitive.

Cards in all card games usually have it visible at a glance what the conditions of using said card are.

In Hearthstone, there's a big number popping out on the top left. In Yugioh, the background colours of cards determine the way its used (monster, fusion, ritual, spell, trap), and in the case its a monster, the amount of stars on the card indicate what is costs to summon.
I personally recommend you try to make the cost a more visible element of the card (because currently it blends in with health, attack and armor), and also give the cards different background colors depending on whether its a monster or a one-time activation.
Be sure to make it so that the cards on the right of your hands are always on top of the ones on your left so that the mana costs are actually visible without hovering over cards.

On top of that, its impossible to tell what the effect of a card is until you highlight it. I mean, if it has attack points, you can probably attack with it, but that's not guaranteed. Maybe making symbols for the majority of the card effects and slapping those onto the card somewhere will help you.

Oh, and you might want to consider making Tomes into trade-able things as well.

As much Steam wants to push early access as a completely separate thing from launch, consumers will not regard it as such. The moment people can start playing your game is your launch, whether you like it or not.

steamcommunity.com/id/shortnumber/

Can I get one, if it isn't much trouble? I love card games and it looks sorta interesting I guess.

let me be clear on something here.

It's okay if an user shills his game on Holla Forums, and is actually part of the community. This type of shilling is allowed since they're not pretending to be part of us. However I do require the dev of the game to be active in the thread.

The type of shilling that is NOT allowed here is those of marketing firms that get hired to spam the board with their clients game. be it Overwatch or Fallout 4. Those guys can get raped and set on fire.

I ain't feeling up to posting my ID in the thread willy nilly, can we have a 2nd round of codes?

Thank you Mark for being the arbiter of Holla Forums content. Truly we could not post on this board without your benevolent guidance.

Nothing to see here Mark, people are just retarded as usual and don't know the definition of shilling.

Also how fucking long do I need to queue to get a match.
I'm closing in on spending a total of half an hour sitting in queues, and the only match I've gotten was one where my opponent did not load.

I feel ya user. You're completely right on every point, just one of those things that are going to take time to complete. It's all already on the todo list.

ayy

Here you go user. I don't like posting keys because bots etc can snatch them up, or people resell them.

for the card design, just put the stats of the card (atk/health/def) on the bottom and leave the cost on the top
otherwise everyone is bound to get confused
also your descriptions on the effects are a little bit short
you could mention that poison does 1 damage forever

Thanks. Looking forward to your game.

Sent

I'd like to try this out!

steamcommunity.com/id/doubleplayer

Grabbed a copy from that key list, thanks user.

I feel like people in the thread have already posted all the major feedback so far but I'll drop my own 2 cents here if I see anything that could use a fix, keeping in mind that it is an early beta.

Have you been working on a feature/bugfix roadmap yet? If not, I highly recommend organizing and tagging each piece of feedback as different priority levels.

I've got a never ending todo list using Asana, which I'm currently just using to prioritize bugs/features.

It's a private list, but yeah I could see making a public one eventually. The biggest problem is stuff like that is a huge time sink to create/maintain, time I could be spending just working on the game.

Sent

Will you let your game become greedy in future like many F2P games to the point the servers close down because no one wants to play?

fucken nosgoth

yes

steamcommunity.com/id/tezza28/
Game looks cool, I'd like to give it a try.

As a guy who was real excited for steam trading cards, cause I'm a sucker for stuff like that, but was disappointed to find you couldn't really do anything with them: I'd like to try this out.

steamcommunity.com/id/MaxieMan/

Let me give this game a try

steamcommunity.com/id/dyzphagia

Welp.

steamcommunity.com/id/Prokhor_Zharkov/

Sent

Well, these are Steam Inventory items, not the trading card system. Although I guess its all the same in the end.

rip. Might be easier to grab a friend to play with, user

Thanks man.

You should drop steam trading cards for this game, and allow those be played inside of the game.

You should ask around for permissions to use other IP's in your game. Using terraria/etc trading cards for more than just making badges could actually give the fuckers value.

Is any of you niggers playing? I've been looking for a duel for five minutes

Does the game have any single player?

Yo, I never got the game. I got no message or nothing.

Hahaha. Somehow I doubt that would work as smoothly as I'd like; but I'll definitely look into it. Would turn it into the super smash brothers of trading card games, but with Steam games.

Check your library, deepshit.

steamcommunity.com/id/Iguanalypse/

And if you could send a copy to my friend too thad be great, we might dick around in this tonight and drop a review.

steamcommunity.com/id/newmaster95/

Thanks OP, good luck with your game taking off it looks like it could be fun.

This would be a wicked idea if you could make it happen.

Sent

This. It silently puts it in your account, no notification or gift or anything.

It's got a bot fight mode… unforuntately the bot seems to just throw cards randomly.

here's a tip if you're going to go through with the idea.
Cover your bases, make sure you can remove cards in case a dev gets bitchy and have replacements ready. The steam bros thing shouldn't be more than a coat of paint.

Pretty much this. Just bot mode at the moment with dumb bots. I plan on eventually expanding it to being an entire campaign, with bots that aren't dummies.

As everyone duels I'm storing all dueling history to do some neat stuff with later with the AI. (also eventually replays, but that's another story)

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING

On the fence between a skip turn and a revert turn (ctrl+z) card.

I really want to do an undo card because it'd be hilarious in game. "Oh you just played 3 boagos? lolol undo, then play my own followed by an awaken + kill you"

Of course undo would also return souls/hp and all that.

Skipping turns are one of the more powerfull effects you can get, it's awaken for everything including yourself, with great power comes great responsibility.

Yeah, I feel that. I imagine either one of those cards would sap away from your HP.

I really like the idea of having two resources. Souls, or your own HP. Currently the only other HP drainer is Fissure. So basically any cards that drain HP would be your "oh fuck" cards. Desperate moves.

I'll try this out.
steamcommunity.com/id/AMWegener

I didn't see an invite/code/whatever. Did you send it?

Seems fun, wouldn't mind testing it out
steamcommunity.com/id/bigfuckingfailiredotorg

Sent

It silently drops into your library.

Huh, odd. Thanks than.

It's the little things.

Thank you!

gibs me one :DDDD based dev
steamcommunity.com/id/2458925958791423649482759825/

Can I get the Game? I like card games, would love to try that one out.
steamcommunity.com/id/Psy0ch/

Because why not and MtG withdrawal
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040732538/

Sent

I try

thanks alot :) gonna install it asap!

I'd like to give it a spin.
steamcommunity.com/id/A9DOC

Word of advice, "cast from life" is a very VERY dangerous mechanic. Hell, anything that lets you break the flow of game and cheat on costs is potentially game breaking. Life total isn't a limit, it's a resource and only the last point matters. Tread carefully.

That is indeed interesting. If I understand you correctly this would be like when they teach AIs to talk by following conversations online, so basically learning from humans. It is not something many devs have even tried to implement.

That said your biggest problem, other than making a good game, will be getting a playerbase, though you probably realise this very well. I would recommend having active events going on all the time and even some during the weekends. Of course the prices would be in-game ones, like more rare cards, tittles, different card covers and stuff (things you will also recommend implementing so you can also be less Jewish about getting the cards.) The point is that without your active involvement the playerbase will be hard to increase.

Shill thread?

More like DUBS THREAD!

WHAT ARE YOU

I know this. That's why I'm occasionally playing online, making threads like these, etc. I'd love to do real events eventually, stuff like "first player to win a match with a deck of only skeles wins a shiny skeleton card" or something would be incredible. All in time.

steamcommunity.com/id/astronautapt/
Hey Dude! I would like to get the game! Thx you very much

Looks like it has great potential, I'd love a chance to give it a go!
steamcommunity.com/id/mOOrsey122/

Just played a few games with a guy on Ranked. Lost one and got 15 Gold, but he left when I was about to win and I got no gold from my automatic victory. I feel like the people who are about to lose can kinda just cuck the guy who's about to win out of the Gold they're about to get when they win. Pretty fun though, looking forward to building a spooky poison & skeleton-themed deck.

Haven't played a game yet, but I'm looking through the cards, and I'm noticing some odd grammar. I have to agree that the flavor text needs to be on the side instead of on the card though.
Will report back when I get in a game

steamcommunity.com/id/FunMove/

Just want anoter game
Spellweaver is too bad

I feel like a quick tutorial or basic instruction guide could help. I didn't really know what I was doing my first game.

where the fuck did you three come from

Yeah, a fix for that is in the works. Sorry about that, user

Any examples? I haven't really had a chance to go back and proofread.

Sent

I already heard about it and I'd love to try it out: steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139364786

Did someone link to this thread?
The amount of names and emails is pretty weird.

Would love to try it aswell steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979930908/

anybody think that it is weird that you can attack your own cards?
I had a few times where I had like five cards down and was trying to attack my opponent directly as fast as I could and had a few of my cards die.
Took me a while to figure it out.

Sent

I imagine in places like Holla Forums where the threads last much longer, it gives time to attract the attention of people who just go around looking for free shit. It's much worse in threads where you just give out keys, because 90% of them just want to resell (which is dumb, considering how fast they go). Dropping games into accounts like I'm doing seems to help that a bit tho.

It won't let you attack them if they are mid animation, it'll say "no effect" or something close to that. Although you might be able to attack them when they are still returning from an animation.

Either way, yeah you are able to attack your own cards in most situations. This is intentional, basically in preparation of future cards that may rely on it.

from steam chat

is there way of setting it to another screen? it automaticly choose my main one and not the second one for gaming:(

Interesting concept. I'd like to try this game.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197975995056

Try add this to the steam command line arguments:

-adapter N

N being your monitor

yeah sure, i'll try it out

steamcommunity.com/id/speghi/

Sent

Script will only pick it up if its formatted correctly, eg

, steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197987815569/

Feels weird seeing so many people use names and emoticons.

Sent

I would like to try it, thank you!

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198007905515

okay who blabbed?

steamcommunity.com/id/colek38/

sup

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968781961 Thanks!

steamcommunity.com/id/NyaNekoNya/

1 question - i can trade my ingame cards with another players? Or it's like heartstone - can buy only bundles?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197993840049/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995954744 thank you

Wew, look at all the cancer this thread dragged in

steamcommunity.com/id/brumana

Mill seems to be better than Leech I won every single time against Leech with Mill.

Stop punishing yourself

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198079872086

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988108817/

This looks interesting, I'd considered doing something like this before actually but I don't really know enough about steam's inventory system, debated trying to interface with steam cards but to be honest I didn't realise it'd be possible for a solo dev to get a tradeable/marketable thing going so that's cool, any advice for where to look on that kind of info? Promise I wont rip the card game off.
Congrats on the game release anyway, I'd like to give it a try so: steamcommunity.com/id/V38/

Mill is really good but I'm too autistic to make a deck without a theme so I'm sticking with Leech.

steamcommunity.com/id/Johcatz

as long as you have 2 or more fissures in your deck it works great
otherwise you end up relying too much on the first turn wizard
and i already complained, but there's still no draw power, so i think it's mildly behind leech

This sounds really fun. I'd like to give this a go.
steamcommunity.com/id/crackychan/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197992187539/

steamcommunity.com/id/A_dJ/

Ay dude could you send me your card file? I'd like to try my hand at making a few images.

What do you need? If I drew a "Draw 2 cards" card, would you put it in the game? Because the game lacks drawing power.

More than hundred people posted their steam accounts.

1 Duels in progress
Searching: 9:30

Dam.

steamcommunity.com/id/drpixel/

I'm searching right now.
I wonder if the game divides by country?
I don't think it would make much sense if it did considering ping is not an issue in this kind of game.

i myself already played but i still play against bots to get a hang of it abit more :D

Sent

steamcommunity.com/id/phrostb/

Yes you can trade

You just played against shitters

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197990379701/

Please answer ->

i dont think a "pot of greed" would be good idea… would destoy the "meta!"

Yeah, seems like Mill decks need something that can amass a lot of cards in your hand so that you have more to sacrifice to the Soul Gods.

If you want him to answer, you should probably post some of your art as a reference. Not to be rude, but your current posts aren't really showing him why he should use the card art you want to give him.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059941301

People, play after getting game - 2 min already wait op

If he doesn't want to he doesn't have too, best case scenario it's a free pic.

here is something I drew btw I mostly draw porn that's why I don't have many references

Forgotten Whore when?

_____:^)

Sent

Email me at [email protected]/* */

really getting tired of people conceding and getting no gold

So I assume I just post my Steam ID and it just works? Alright, then.

steamcommunity.com/id/MisterEddieEcho/

There should be a penalty for leaving.

Eh, what kind of penalty could there be? You cannot like put less priority on matchmaking, because matchmaking is already as hard as it is.

Maybe loss of gold? The winning player should also get money.

Email sent~

Free!
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198085937617/

Or a way to forfeit, instead of just quitting.

steamcommunity.com/id/trinner
Thank you very much! :D

Sent

Leaving currently counts as a loss and will eventually give gold to the winner. Since leaving is really just a forfeit not sure if it needs further penalties.

Interesting concept.

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960330700

Any chance of having a gold reward against bots?

I have friends window - how can i duel them?

Read desc about vs bots
Because someone will make bot and people will just farm this way

There is always the fear of win/loss gold farming. If there is some kind of penalty for leaving i think it might be prevented. I don't know how the other games handled that since I didn't play much CCG games. But in Dota you need to wait a while before playing again.

yo a friend of mine would like the game as well but apparently Holla Forums is preventing him from posting (codemonkey get yo shit together)

steamcommunity.com/id/brokkhouse/

Same shit - tell him install frigate

wew

It'll eventually happen. Just a tricky thing to maintain.

rip

Sent

Still working on dueling friends. For now just que up at the same time.

i got a minor complaint
reposition the button that finishes a game once it's over
or the buttons that lead to the forum
because everytime i finish a game, i accidentally press more than once since i can't tell if it's loading or not, and i end up minimizing and going to the forums

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197968410781/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014987491

Sent

Where are they coming from?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198028466885
thanks!

steamcommunity.com/id/kaoslanbash/
thx op

Sent

Hey could i get a copy please - thanks

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198027214426/

Here are some bugs and suggestions:

Faster scrolling in the Vault.
Different colours for card numbers or more visible background.
Proper deck builder.
Put the turn timer on the right or something. A big circle.
Soul Souls, how many souls?
The chat disappears way too fast, at least with the bot. Otherwise it is nice that the both is saying random stuff.
Not being able to see mana for cards on the right side of the hand.
Put Free Play first, so people don't get random loses from miss clicks (because ranked is right beside Duel).
Different colours or something else for the different card types.
The round timer gets stuck sometimes, at least visually. The turn still can end after the time is over.
Some visible symbol on the card if it can attack the player. Overall you should have indicators icons at least for the basic type of effects.
Being able to see previously used cards by both the opponent and yourself.
When using a card to attack the owner (regardless if the card actually can or not) don't show up the tome effect.
The mana system is, I don't want to say terrible, but at least questionable or not implemented properly. It means most of the time you are not doing anything. No wonder Leech is already considered the superior choice. My head gets tons of hands because I can't play them too. It can be fixed by having smaller mana requirements. It could be an important point of an archetype (if any) how mana thirsty its cards are.

Remove Fire Fissure from the bot's deck.

Also I guess to this - Poison, how much poison?

There should be an explanation when it activates too.

I forgot to add - minimum/maximum of cards should be written.

Actually while looking at the deck builder and the quite pointless indicators of how much total attack and and stuff you have, I got an idea that probably is not worth putting at this point if you don't want to completely change the game, but it is interesting so I will say it anyway. The total health of the player being based on the total health of all your monsters in the deck.

Make more cards, you fucking faggot.

Speaking of deck building, if you're going to start us off with some cards, start us off with at least 2 decks worth of cards, and a tutorial on how to make decks properly.
If you're going to start us off with only one deck's worth of cards, why not just have the deck premade?

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197995577470/

What would you suggest?

I'll make it last a bit longer

It's coming, just not in yet

Ah you're right, should be fixed

For now, it's whatever cards have "attack" as a skill

An activity log, yeah. There's a WIP version I have internally but it's not ready yet

but it's hilarious

Smaller cards. Even when not building a deck there is not much of a point of being so big, as you can't read the text anyway. Being able to see what you have added to your deck. Cards being sorted in some way. Stuff like that, like any other card game. And again, obvious minimum and maximum of both total cards and per card.

Yeah, I did realize that, but it was a little confusing for like a minute. You should maybe rename it to "Can also attack the player." It makes the whole mechanic a lot more understandable (that some can and some can't.) But I am talking about a symbol on the "thumbnail" of the card that you can see without reading the effects.

Also you should add all cards being visible in the vault, even if you don't own them, and also a number of all the cards that exist in the game. Do we actually have everything unlocked already?

As I said before I am a little busy right now and don't have a lot of time to play, but would you want a some closer tester? I like card games and I wouldn't might throwing my hot opinions for free. Though there is probably no need of that. Anyway, you should create two stickies on steam: one for bugs and one for suggestions, though the suggestions one is risky as it can become an easy shit show and not just making the UI and the game as a whole more convenient to work with. Maybe even name it "UI suggestions" just to make it more specific for people.

About my card symbols I guess the best place to put them, if you put them, would be at the very bottom. Something for being able to attack the player, poison, ice, ect.

I've thought about it for awhile and Fission really needs to cost 2. It nerfs the card so that you can still cast it in emergencies with Leech books and Mill books should already have mana for it.

The nerf gives 2 mana advantage to your opponent so that he can recover better since at the moment the only four answers to board clears if you have no mana is wait a turn or two and set up a fast recovery with Awaken, flood the board (which empties out your hand, if your opponent didn't spend any mana he can just boardclear and play something again), stack mana into a minion with awaken (situational) or, yes, stack mana, fissure and make a play.

Last answer 2 hours ago - i miss all?
If no - steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197989710363/

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080659006/

Jesus fucking christ how disgusting.

Sent

Will you put in funny memes like hex does?

Begfags will always be horrible people

steamcommunity.com/id/Ardebitis/

Aw yea

oops

steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014919540

steamcommunity.com/id/towershield1