Can we make a list of the actual good games to come out in the last few years?

Can we make a list of the actual good games to come out in the last few years?
I know it's small but lets get a collection so people actually know what is worth playing.
Pics related

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline_(1999_video_game)
4chan.org/faq#nonokosage
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's not. Pretty much every video game that's come out in the past decade has been at least "good", it's just that as a result, everybody's standards have risen.

Splatoon was pretty good.

the vast majority are just worse clones/interpretations of previous works, put in a new wrapper under the pretense of human intelligence being involved
which ofc is true for any industry

I'd count all of these.
Xenoblade X may have the worst translation. But it was my favourite game on the Wii U

Did you name the wrong file? That game is legitimately good. I don't think anyone can argue with that.

Are there any games that anons hate more than this other than the obvious Gone Home and Depression Quest answers.

Sigh….
Here's your (you)

The soundtrack and sans were the ONLY good things about it

fight me

I'll definitely agree on the first two that OP posted but I never got around to Divinity.

Bloodborne wasn't perfect but I really love the game.

I could make the argument for Dark Souls 3 because it is a good game if you judge it as its own thing, but honestly it reuses so much stuff from previous games (mostly DaS1 and DeS) that I have a hard time praising it. Especially considering that it misses on some critical things that made those two so great, which was that they had a lot of replay value for being much more nonlinear.

Outside of the shekel souls series, there's been some fun nip games like the last couple Yakuzas, tiddy ninjas Estival Versus, DK Tropical Freeze, and Wonderful 101.

an anti-bait reply, I haven't seen one of those in awhile. It was pretty good though so to any anons that see this please do not get triggered by

How about Mass Effect 2/3 or Dargon Age 2/Cisquisition

I give it at least five minutes before that one user shows up.

He'll be here…

soon

That's the problem.
It's on the border between good game and shitty game– between virtual novel and video game.
Nobody can argue without an opinion.

In about 2 posts, redtext user will scream at you to leave.

I'm surprised you aren't sucking Toby Fox's dick right now.

cant wait for pajeet the cuckchanner to sperg out at this post

Holla Forums loved the game until tumblr liked it.

Hey, I may like shit.
But I like the freshest type of shit.

Undertale isn't fresh, it's more or less dried regurgitated dogshit.

SU is more like girly shit.
I like girly turds

You can start posting the good games anytime guise

There are very few games that I would buy on the title alone but if that shit was on PC I'd buy that for a dollar or ten without thinking

How much is the "last few years"?

Its a really good dungeon crawler about some schmuck you getting thrown into the role of the Unlosing Ranger

anytime now, you can start posting the gud games

I looked up "Rise of the Triad" since I hadn't heard of it before, there seems to be a lot of people complaining about bugs and a lack of optimization. Has this been addressed by now?

Yeah I've been meaning to set that sort of thing up for 999 after my weeb roomate got me into Oops, I Dangan'd My Rangan!. Thanks!

trips of lies there has been at least 7 good games in this thread that I can personally vouch for: Bayolante 2, UT4, DKC Freeze, Bloodborne, Yakuza, SK Estival, and Cities Skylines

at least some of the others that I haven't played look quite good too

Opinion discarded and filtered.

Yeah, most of the problems came from excessive amount of objects on the level, which was supposed to make modding easier with modular level geometry (rooms, walls, rocks, etc.), which killed the framerate. The game still has problems with optimization, but they are much smaller and less prevalent. Modern PC should plow straight through them easily. If you're unsure you can always pirate it and see for yourself.
Multiplayer is fucking rad, though. Shame it's almost completely dead by now

Alright fair enough, I've been hungry for actual old school shooters after trying nudoom for an hour so this is a blessing. Thanks!

You know I'm not really sure a lot of people hate that game, it seems to be the same one or two people posting. That one guy they call "Poopy Joe" for some reason and that guy that can't redtext right.

no it wasn't

Undertail's alright and tries something new with its storytelling (by which I mean it just takes a morality system and uses it to try to terrify you where possible)
I think most people either like it or are indifferent toward it
its rabid fanbase can die in a fire though

You mean the people that follow the youtubers, or like, the people over on the two undertale boards?
Because honestly it seems like two completely different fanbases.

GG Xrd
Also transformars devastation was pretty good, include the newer shooter games before if they're new enough.

I felt the story-telling was lackluster and the combat while nice and interesting, grew dull after a while. Yes it's bullethell-lite, but the novelty wears off pretty quick.

Is the updated version coming to PC?

Triggers me super hard to be honest. That game's amazing.

Nothing yet but I think it sold well on PC so it's just a case of waiting so it doesn't feel like it's releasing the next version for them too early.

many have been bugged-to-shit middling me-too titles that ride on brand name or hype alone. Shit like WATCH_DOGS should not be a barometer to measure quality.

It''s true though. Think back honestly on the amount of bullshit shovelware that used to come out, and the general lack of quality control and jankyness that games had back in the day.

The "buggy" games that come out now are about as buggy as most games used to be.

Nostalgia can be a hell of a bug, go back and play some of your old favorites on their original hardware.

You helped my point. just because graphically and audial fidelity and "content" has risen doesn't mean it's still going to be looked back as crap.

Shit like Knack isn't going to be a fond memory or classic gem for anyone downloading the ISO for future emulators. Unless you think Dead Space and Lost Planet were still good once they hit their 3rd title.

This, what the hell Holla Forums. Bayontlettas 1 and 2 are great but Wonderful 101 for all it's faults had so many great parts and memorable boss fights. The constant cresendo from the ice level in particular to end in particular is fucking phenomenal.

Was there a consensus for Yoshi's Woolly World? It's cute & comfy, the best Yoshi game in a long while (which isn't saying much), but the bosses were lame and repeated (not New Island level, but still meh)

If I wanted to play Mario Galaxy again I'd just play it on my pc.

It's alright/good if you never turn casual mode on.

wew

Might want to update that response to 3D World. Either way, Captain Toad is its own side-game puzzle/platformer where you can't jump

Obligatory PC winners

no maybe no

lol try again

The only decent game you posted was Stardew Valley and this is coming from someone who backed HLD

you are allowed to disagree

That reminds me, didn't Ninty say that a code came with HW legends for the wii u version? Anyone mind giving me a spare code?

Comfy as fug with a spouse or child. fun to explore without a timer and intensity like other nintendo games

These. I recommend buying Elite Dangerous bit by bit if you want to give it a shot. Most content is available without Horizons, even crafting materials. If you really do like it or can get Horizons for cheap, then get it mainly for the moon buggy rides on the prettiest rocks in the galaxy, engineered gear and planetary combat.

C64 platformer puzzle games were a product of their time, they died out for a reason.

Everyone shits on the WiiU, and to be sure it's dead at this point, but I have more games on WiiU that I enjoy than on PS4. And I don't even have an xbone because nothing on it interests me. If WiiU's library is shit, then PS4/Xbone's libraries of last gen remasters and a handful of worthwhile games are even worse.

Basically everything by Amplitude.

The Wii U has the most games of any console this gen, but it still pales in comparison to other consoles from previous gens.

MGSV is debatable since no peace

NOPE

What's up with her face

Yeah I liked how it was really clunky and explained next to nothing to me. And when it did explain something, it intentionally mislead me so that I wouldn't understand the mechanics.

Like the first big boss which you have to finish by countering with wonder sword when wonder blue's image pops up. You have to swing the sword at the right moment to counter and the game doesn't let you finish the boss until you do so that you have to learn the counter mechanic. Then it turns out that in literally all other instances of countering in the game, you're supposed to switch to the correct weapon and then stand perfectly still.

But that's not what the game taught you. It made you see that you have to attack. So you'll spend the rest of the game attacking during counters and not understanding why they fail because the game made a point of having the first counter in the game work on different mechanics than all others. Real good game.

Oh it definitely pales in comparison to previous gens, no argument. But it has the most worthwhile games this gen. I'm not saying Wii U is great so much as I'm saying that the PS4/Xbone are shit with nothing worth playing on them. I'm just baffled why the narrative is that the WiiU has nothing and the PS4 is amazing and so worth purchasing.

I'm trying to. If you've got a good game you want to recommend please drop by the thread and recommend anyway.

Have you never a coop game with a timer and people who are bad at video games? where you are all basically shouting at each other to stop being retards?

What's up with her life?

Eeeeh, call me when they stop using shit DRM.

did you just

i did
shit's fucked up, dude

DSP?

fuck you faggot I havent watched this shit yet

it's entirely implicit anyways, sort of like a user-construed speculative kind of thing
above is not really a spoiler but w/e

I have no idea what you meant
I guess I just have to watch the show then

what i'm saying is shit isn't fucked up as i make it out to be

Here's hoping that Deathwing is successful and we get an E.Y.E. 2.

It's fast and there's lots of racing. The Ikaruga-like system involving switching your shields to get different speed boosts is cool. The AI is hard even on the easiest races.

It's campaign mode is kinda short but still good. It feels like a reverse Mario Sunshine, where every level is a Secret Course and you spray ink everywhere. The online works well enough and short games means you don't have to put up with shit teammates for long. The game is designed so that even if you suck you can still do something productive for the team and ink everything. The final boss was cool.

It's DJMax on the Vita. The music selection is weird, from typical anime bullshit to Guilty Gear Xrd's theme. It's a rhythm game, there isn't really much to say but it's good.

You play as a hired gun who has to remove dragons. The first thing you do is stop a very big guy from crashing himself into a town with no survivors. You run around pulling flowers off and making things extremely painful for big guys. Make sure to flashbomb them if they go in the air so that they don't fly so good.
In all seriousness though it's a great way to pass time and it forces you to git gud.

Yes it's DLC but it was big DLC about the size of the main game. It takes the piss with everything, including itself. You have to fight the guy who played Postal Dude in the movie at one point, and it makes fun of Tim Schafer during the game dev part. It has more boss fights and crazy shit.

It's a game that pushes RPGMaker to it's limits, which isn't saying much. It's packed with feels though, and the NPCs actually act like they would in an apocalypse. It has some funny parts as well.

It's yet another rougelike procedurally generated indie game with pixel art. This time you move around a top-down environment, and it plays a little like chess. The gimmick is that you have to move to the beat of the music, meaning that you have to make fast decisions even if the game is turn based. The music makes up for the pixelshit graphics, and there are 5 different soundtracks to choose from and some that are Japan only.

It's a puzzle game and you actually have to think about what you're doing. The less you know of the story going into it the better. All you have to know is that it's by the guys who made Serious Sam, and it gets all philosophical at times.

that game was 5 years ago, man.

I do want the source

If it came out of the west then it's shit, divinity is no exception.

pretty great once you realize it's trying more to be RE4 than silent hill.

MGSV up to chapter 2

naw m8

I'd blame that more on the book.

Was she stimulated by the engine vibrating or something?

Yes in ways you wouldn't expect

Yes, there's a hole in the motorcycle she's sticking her dick into for some reason.

New UT sucks
Bayo 2 sucks
Divinity is meh

Jesus christ what a drone.
I feel sick just thinking about playing those.

kill yourself

sure you do buddy, JUST FOR THE CROPS hehe :^)

His new manga/anime is far more tame. Even his seinen work had more bite to it.

Someone post the papers with everyone listing that they'd beat off for their last day as a boy.

To be fair I also take a bit of satisfaction in reading it because it's the only bizarro shit you can find anymore.
I find ball-less futa to be absolutely disgusting, and even then, it's not like I can jerk it to doujins. And I have tried.
Does anyone else ever do that?

got a link user

But user.

It is actually worth playing.

what do you mean you can't jerk it to doujins?
Like you physically can't nut?

Correct. I go soft each time.

search pic for clue

Here's question for you anons, since you actually seem to play video games.

What's Redline The Vidya? I'm inclined to say Nitronic Rush but you don't actually race anything in that.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redline_(1999_video_game)

When will xenonaughts 2 come out?

Don't listen to these niggers, I know for a fact Splatoon and Tropical Freeze are great games, can't really talk for the other's.

Kid Icurus UPRISING sequel in 30 years

Also nobody fucking posted Monster Hunter???????????????!!!!!! 3u, 4u and cross deserve to be here.

o_O

Jesus fuck, man, why would you post that?

Was searching for this, instead found some retarded doujin about a guy and a girl falling down the steps and interchanging sexual body parts. Pls just give source

Overshit

All shit

Go back to reddit.

literally the only people who use that phrase at this point are insecure redditards. I'm not saying you're wrong, except for bloodborne maybe, just saying you shouldn't try so hard to fit in

look at what said

Don't try too hard to fit in, you only look worse

decent taste son

The Evil Within is garbage, W3 is a marketing sham and Xeno WiiU has a cucked translation. Feel free to prove otherwise though.

Look at my post again please

It says

Futachu

in the corner, and by what you mentioned, that ""doujin"" you mention is by the same artist

Orimoto Mimana

whom also created "Bakuon!!!"

Get over yourself tool, people will always have differing opinions.

My opinion is literally the same as yours retard

still a good game though

a-am i fitting in yet guys?

well i liked it

lets not get ahead of ourselves

i feel like a complete idiot. So close, yet so far

It's absolutely impossible for me to enjoy a game if it has a cucked localization. I can't put it to words but it makes it impossible for me to concentrate

So I'm trying too hard by saying what's on my mind? Good one, reddit.

heres the thing though, if you didn't know it had a "cucked" translation you would be able to play it even if the writing was the same.

Is there not an undub or a fan translation available yet? The Wii U is hacked and the game is good.

Ok

eh it was alright i guess

If that was true Triforce Heroes' American translation wouldn't of made me immediately delete the cia from my 3DS.

are you even american?

filtered

I would, until the point I saw the forced memes and it would become clear

Do I fit in now? Where are the rape games?      ∨            ∧_∧     ∧_∧  (´

Well from what ive played the memes are extremely few and far between and none are actually in main character dialog. The only one ive found is the do you even lift npc way out in but fuck nowhere and i remember someone saying he makes some pop culture reference in the japanese version.
Id say my problem with the game is i don't like emmas voice actress. The way she talks is so fucking breathy its annoying, id take the i'm really feeling it britbong voices anyday.

risk of rain is good, havent played the others.

You know, thinking about it, there doesn't exist a single good rape/kidnap girl and keep them in your basement simulator. But there's endless amounts of games that are about death or dying.

Why is this?

Yeah, bitch.

Kill yourself.

Mainly thanks to the Rapelay shitstorm and the very fact that Illusion Sexsimulators are shit as games. There are a few nice VNs though.

Someone knows good recent /m/ games?

Devil Daggers caught my eye about a week ago, I havent heard of it before then. How does it play? It looks visually great but I feel the gameplay seems like the type to get stale.

Okay here goes what I can currently think of.

2D speedrunning platformer
Dustforce DX
Shadow Blade Reload
Super Meat Boy
Stealth Bastard Deluxe(haven't played stealth inc 2 yet)

Gunlord(Sequel to Turrican, a great 2012 neo geo release)
Intrusion 2
Noitu Love 2
Gigantic Army/Gunhound EX(Both games play very similarly)
Wings of Vi(I wouldn't really recommend this to most, because you'll probably get frustrated very quickly due to how difficult it is, but it's allround fun)
Bleed

The Gemcraft series
Orcs Must Die 1&2(TPS/TD Hybrid)
Sanctum 1(give 2 a pirated shot but I personally didn't like it. Who puts tower limits in a TD game that requires you to build the enemy path?)
Defense Grid: The Awakening(Haven't played the second yet)

Blue Rider
Neon Chrome(Note: Roguelite)
Crimsonland
Assault Gundroid Cactus(Also kind of roguelite)

Fairy Bloom Freesia
Double Dragon Neon
Kung Fu Strike(recommended pirate, devs are dead and it may not be for everyone)
Aces Wild
Proxy Blade Zero(VERY low budget, otherwise fun. Get on a sale, finish it in two hours and forget about it)
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae(DMC's bloody palace: The game but with pantsu. It's alright, not as good as DMC obviously)
Rainblood Chronicles: Mirage(kind of like DMC(the two characters play like Dante and Vergil). Recommended finding some way to cheat gold and resources because it's bullshit having to get random drops in order to get more combos)
Marlow Briggs And The Mask Of Death(a nice GoW clone starring a really fun WEWUZ and his greatest buddy a mask trying to save his mexican(?) chick from some guy)

I'm going to need some serious help here for good recent releases. The most I can think of is Tower of Guns, and that's roguelite

Same deal here. I liked Guacamelee and Unepic so I'm recommending those.

Distance/Nitronic Rush(arcade car-parkour games)
Invisible Inc(Turn Based Tactics Stealth)
Styx Master of Shadows(Stealth)
TEC3001(Pepsiman clone split into much smaller levels. For 4 bux it's an incredibly fun game)

I had a few things else I wanted to list but they just don't come to mind at the moment. Help me out here anons

I know its stupid but to be fair its not a meme. And in a dumb way it kind of fits how a society based around fashion might talk.

There's an image about it that pretty much sums it up. It's one level, one weapon, and not much in the way of enemies(I think they're like 15-20 enemies?). It gets incredibly stale and it's more or less a tech demo for the engine. I'd wait for Spire(if it's ever going to be released) if I were you.

nice, I'll save this list for later
as for fps, Insurgency is pretty good. I've heard good things about UT4 as well.

For what, posting on Holla Forums? Makes sense I guess.

To any functioning adult that doesn't browse tumblr all day it sounds retarded.

I know, it sounds retarded to me but did you ever consider that might be the point?

I hope you enjoy the games.

Personally I try to stay far away from multiplayer games because they seem to die off pretty fast unless they're heavily marketed like Overwatch.

I hope Nintendo enjoys their new audience then.

Well Illusion doesn't have to be the only one to make rape games! Surely someone else has attempted it seriously. I remember seeing one guy in /agdg/ threads posting gifs of his game where you could kidnap and rape lolis. Looked like shit and I haven't seen anything of it in years.

There's gotta be something out there made by professionals.

whats with your email?

There have been plenty off good games recently.

It's just that the popular stuff is shit, like in every medium ever.

The La-Mulana remake came out four years ago. Ori and the Blind Forest and Apotheon both came out last year.

Axiom Verge and Shadow Complex Remastered also came out last year, some people seemed to like them. I didn't care for them.

I thought it was cool of the creator to make an intro when he got second place on the Holla Forumsgas.

I liked Shadow Complex because I got it for free, but it had a buggy release and I couldn't get through a certain area because I would keep clipping through a mine cart. Don't know about Axoim Verge.

Ori's pretty cool, and Apotheon is fucking amazing. Those later bosses man.

That final showdown, man.

I've never gotten to the final showdown because the game kept crashing after Ares and I had no earlier save points.

That's a shame, you missed out. Try playing it again sometime.

Say, you seem to know your shit. Have you played a game called Slain!? I've been looking forward to it for quite some time, but on release it was heavily panned. Except as of recently a patch's been out and reception's pretty positive. I can't pirate it because my monthly limit's up and it resets in a few days

Email protection? This site's basically a recombobulated tinyboard, better off just expecting the unexpected.

why even have your email up in the first place?

I have it installed but haven't gotten around to playing it, sorry. Based on the "Prepare To Be Slain!" marketing my expectations aren't high.

Well 4chan used to have it.

why did you give 4chan your email?

oh yeah asscreed no face and bamham bugged af sure is good video games.

and movie games

Deadbolt was fun, even if one of its main gameplay mechanics is a Knock Knock joke.

What?

why did I even bother unfiltering

Because I'm saging? Are you that offended?

you said 4chan had your email, why did you give it to them?

I never said that. Do you know what the email field is for or are you just pretending?

Fucking no one played it because FE Fates came out around the same time.

Shame as i'd say SG was the better game even without FEFates getting its translation cucked up.

Who is this semen angel?

are you dumb?
you said it right here

what's being a retard like?

god nigger you're so fucking dense it's unbelievable
Are you doing this on purpose?

Because it's shit. Also summer is here and the newfags are out of school.

Seconded. Fantastic game.

this looks interesting, I thought about picking up a 3ds soon since they got cheaper so I might also get this game
Is the localization any good?

whats it about?

Dude.

do you have brain damage?

can you tell me what the email field is for please?

I imagined you did.

Jesus Christ people, it was Holla Forums's error

Instead of sage showing up, it was some line of script, but now it's showing sage again. On all of his posts. Check them again.

is that a yes?

See, it's showing up on mine too. I typed in sage, it comes out as 8ch.net/cdn-cgi/email-protection#c5b… and just goes on.

Yes. Actual translation is fine, it's dub only but on the bright side it's one of the better dubs i've ever heard in a videogame.

so it was all just a big misunderstanding! You guys are the best.

4chan.org/faq#nonokosage

They're mentally retarded, I guess that's what 8/v/'s devolved to.

Anyone got source for this one?

holy fuck

You shove your long hard magical rod into underage magical girls to make them sing magical jpop songs. You collect waifus and stuff them full of your magical rod so they can sing and save the world.
Battles are srpg, and free time is dating sim/social link building.
It's really fun!

Are you autistic?

It seemed like you needed a pointer about imageboards so I gave you one.

that was me trying to bait you into saying something stupid before i realised what was going on.

Then talk about video games damn you. Ignore the shitposting like it doesn't exist and talk about actual video games.

Like this: What was your favorite boss in Bloodborn, user?

>HE EVEN CAN'T INTO ID'S
Just get the fuck away from me

All it did was make lose faith in Holla Forums because you wanted to bully a "newfaggot" so badly.

no no no. when i asked you why you had your email up and you said because 4chan had it I thought you meant like people at 4chan did something with your email. Then when i asked you why you gave it to them you acted like what i was saying didn't make any sense(a shitposting tactic ive seen before). Thats why i tried to bait you.

Hard to choose, most fights in that game are great. Top three would have to be Maria, Gascoigne, and Ludwig.

Really, really wish the fight with the One Reborn lived up to its visuals.

I think you're looking into this too much, I'm pretty sure he's just retarded

I just saying jewt nuked the email field. I get it, really.

what.

LMFAO!!!

Unreal Tournament 4 but that's all I can think of

my top 5:
Gascoigne > Ludwig > Maria > Orphan > Cleric

do it fag

did you actually play the japanese version?

you're right

no because I hate JRPGs, Japanese action games are where its at

use it or lose it, you need to immerse yourself in it to some extent like getting your news from Japanese sites or playing games in Japanese.

The piracy bunker has an undubbed cia in the pastebin

then how do you know the japanese version isn't just as shitty in terms of writing?

Got 2 classmates that played the nip version and one of them also played the localized version, the one that played both bitched about the localized one and said that the nip version was way better because it wasn't tampered with.

The other one who played the nip version hates memes but didn't complain about anything in the nip version other than too many cutscene fights.

Because of who was in charge of the writing in that game.

The first Xenoblade was a masterpiece in terms of music. Takahashi brought in like 3 composers and a whole band. Yoko Shimomura was among them if that tells you anything. With X he wanted to do the same thing but with writing. While he took care of the general plot he brought on several anime writers and used them to write dialogue and plot for most of the quests and subquests in the game.

This is like if the translators of Lost Odyssey decided to put memes and retarded nuspeak into the short stories and dialogue into the game to make it more relatable to the american audience.

sounds like its pretty shitty.

how would your friends know to recognise jap memes?

They weren't retarded moe animu shit writers. He brought on several famous ones. I want to say one of the guys involved in Patlabor was in it but I can't find the interview listing them so don't take my word for it.

So you are saying that games such as Risen 2 and 3 and Arcania are good?

here we go

Ignore that, it was gundam

first ones alright but
thats awful

Vagante is a good 2D dungeon crawler.

The guy who didn't play the US version definitely goes on 2ch quite a bit

The memes were added in localization fam, if you want to know for sure you're gonna have to learn nipponese and play the game yourself.

is there a jap version of encyclopedia dramatica?

EDF EDF EDF EDF EDF EDf EDF EDF EDF

You welfare niggers just can't stay on your fucking generals can't you.

this is the worst post I've seen in my life

Translation and censorship issues aside there are a lot of other problems that Xenoblade X has

Most of them being how minimalistic the story is and how it's way to focused on Lin and Elma. Oh and the problems with the combat and AI but that's another kettle of fish entirely, seriously not being able to customize your healer to cast heals constantly and getting shot to shit through fucking walls is the lamest shit.

All in all it's just sort of okay, I liked how all of the characters in Xenoblade were straight up unique more than the 'class' system that every character falls into in X too. It's a shame that we can't talk about the game but oh well.

Exactly why do people compare this to Memetale? It's a way better game and it doesn't even share any story elements or gameplay elements aside from having influence from Earthbound.