So which 3DS RPG/Simulator hybrid is better?

So which 3DS RPG/Simulator hybrid is better?

RF4 handles the crafting much better than fantasy life does.
RNG story was shit though, that's literally the only negative about the game.
so RF4.

Its like apples to oranges comparing RF4 to Fantasy Life, both great games and similar in some aspects but also very very different.

I remember people said RF4 is FL but better back when the latter came out.

Found the Fortefag, enjoy your Saber clone :^)

Fantasy Life is more of a kiddy game.

faggot

They don't kinda suck, they're flat out terrible. The only worthwhile waifus are the ones you can't actually romance. Also, something about the fact that you're not actually killing anything, just "sending them back to the center of the forest" bugged the hell out of me.

Fantasy Life has on-cart DLC. That's enough reason to avoid it.

though I guess it doesn't matter anymore now that you can just pirate that shit

how did you guess?

Because you have shit taste

I pirated it and the DLC, are you fucking serious about that?

Fantasy Life is like a poor man's Rune Factory. It doesn't even have waifus.

Plus, if you're playing the US version then you have the dumbest fucking localization ever.

'please explain

i have the US version

should I go get the EU one instead?

US version has a fucking retarded localization that isn't present in the EU one.

How retarded? Fire Emblem Fates bad?

The US localization assumes that you're retarded and need absolutely everything explained for you. There's no sense of discovery, every character tells you exactly where to go and explains things for you as if you were a baby. They also took some creative liberties with a few of the characters and their names.

Is it as bad as Fates? Well considering stuff wasn't really cut, no. But it's still a really bad localization.

Play the EU version of the game if you can. IIRC multiplayer is even compatible with the US version, so you can still play with friends.

Well fuck. Hope I can transfer my save without trouble.

I enjoy them both immensely, but RF4 still wins because waifus (even though they are all shit). FL would have been infinitely better with romance options, and I was bummed when I found out there were none.

Seriously, RPG/Simulator hybrids need to be more of a thing, I think these are the more satisfying games on the 3DS. Actually, no, I take that back, I don't want no Monkey Paw shit ruining everything again.

WHAT DID YOU DO user

I can't count the amount of times I've wished for something and have it come true in the worst possible way.

Granted, many of these I wanted back when I was young and stupid, but I've since learned my lesson. The lesson here is to not want anything ever.

Good job hitting Nirvana though tbh famicom

Start wanting more SJW Vita games. Exploit it!

RF4 is fucking amazing for autism crafting. So RF4.

Right, tell me all about how amazing "teehee I made a mistake but it wasn't a mistake after all", communist nurse, and child abusing knife ear are. Or I bet you're one of those fags that like the dragon when she's not even an interesting character in the first place, she'll never shut the fuck up about pancakes or telling you to check the mailbox.

Vitas sell for ~$100 dollars at this point. If you go full physical you can avoid shelling amount almost the same amount on a large memory card.
Honestly, Sony really crippled the system by making those god damned proprietary cards. It's bad enough they marketed it as an accessory before outright dropping support for it.

any new harvest moon games?

Story of Seasons, and I hear its getting a sequel soon.

Story of Seasons, it's ok but I'm getting fucking sick of these "an error has occurred, system is now resetting"
There's going to be a new SoS game too

If you mean Natsume's games, they're still making them too. I don't care about them.

I've never had a waifu before but clorica a qt

They recently announced that they'll be showing this off at E3 this year

Filthy round ear, stay away from our pure elf women.

You humans should be thanking us for freeing you from your industrial, nature-raping, chains.

Can't marry best girl…

Also:

Harvest Moon is dead.

Natsume killed it. But we still are getting the Bokujo no Monogatari games What we used to call Harvest Moon before Natsume went full retard coming over thanks to XSEED. Story of Seasons on 3DS was the most recent on of these. If I'm not mistaken, every Harvest Moon game up to before Lost Valley was from the Bokujo no Monogatari series.

lmao

This isn't Harvest Moon. This is Natsume making games with the Harvest Moon name and trying to trick longtime Harvest Moon fans.

The real Harvest Moon series is now known as Story of Seasons.

Yes, best girl

Absolutely terrible taste.

The problem with RF4 is that the husbandos are miles better than the waifus.

Bump.

It's bullshit. The men actually have some semblance of a personality. I wouldn't even call the women 1 dimensional. They have a single character trait and all dialogue involving them is about that 1 trait. It's like they fucking forgot to include the rest of the script for the women.