List of stuff banned from the Official Fanfic App™ of Marvel:

List of stuff banned from the Official Fanfic App™ of Marvel:

>Sensationalism (killer bees, gossip, aliens, scandal, etc) whatever the fuck this means

Well, looks like somebody at Marvel resurrected the old founders of the CCA and put them behind the moderation of whatever the fuck this shit is

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/xD5gp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why would Marvel even need an "Official Fanfic a-
Oh. It's an easy way to steal free stories since their current writers are probably equally "talented".

So fanfics involving the Punisher and Thanos's waifu are banned

Shi-ar empire, skrulls, kree, tons of others, banned
Galactus, Silver Surver, Bet Ray Bill, the GotG, banned

Oh come the $#!% on

You can't say "What in the world is going on here?" or "My dang old car is acting up again."?

This is what is acceptable on that app.

So its only OK when Marvel does it?

Ooh! Tumblr is going to have a bitchfit that lesbos and faggots aren't considered normal or safe for children according to this app.

Fuck I did not see this thread. I deleted the other one I made.

For the subject at hand… Don't get me wrong, I find this a stupid idea, but its utterly hilarious they banned "politics". This is a thing that gets SJWs really assblasted because they can't use it to push propaganda or dwell into their psychopathic fantasies. Look at this guy's reaction when NeoGAF decided to ban politics after their owner was exposed as a sex offender archive.is/xD5gp

Honestly, that's less of a Mary Sue than half the characters Marvel trots out nowadays.
This Mellany Parker seems to have well thought out how she's related to the heroes and isn't just an orphan with 400000 IQ that deduces the original heroes name and blackmails them to join.

The linked pregnancy(lol) opens up interesting stories for Peter for 9 months, also.

Bravo, Mellany! Please go work for Marvel and right this ship.

So, because this is official, it means safe in paper for -13yos right?

Ugh, I pulled "Mellany" out of my ass. The radioactive pregnancy was based on a skit parodying Sonic OCs, and THAT was from Fucking Dorkly! Is Marvel really that bad these days?
Also I have a strong urge to write an "approved" fanfic for this app, and totally 4kids it. Like, use Finger pointing as guns and exaggerate it 200%, and totally cheese everything.

If it ends up good, post it. I'd draw that

I was thinking Spider-Man. No other hero you can do better to parody, his story ks too well-known. Plus, SpiderMan's motivation for being a hero is now:
Of course, we'd lead it all up to a confrontation with the only villain who'd matter in a comedy like this: Doom. Classic Doom.

Sounds good to me

You need to figure out how to work within the lines.

"No guns" is bypassed by thugs threatening people with melee weapons and molotovs or using lasers (either given them by criminal corporation, or Marvelverse has so many super scientists lasers are now mundane). Alternatively avoiding "mundane" thugs in favor of robots with buzzsaw hands, magic users ect. No death, politics or drugs makes the natural source of conflict be kidnapping, heists, and protection rackets.

Detective stories are pretty natural story that can easily with these restrictions and don't really need to make any major compromises beyond not being a murder (and murders are so overdone for detectives anyways).

Even as rough a shape as Marvel is now, I really doubt that someone didn't know much these rules advantage detective stories.

What Marvel characters work well with Detective stories? Only one I could name off the top of my head is Punisher, but he'd struggle with the "No killing" rule.

Spider-Man. Figuring out who did it before the cops is a large part of how he gets all his photos.

Isn't Moon Knight a Batman clone? Could also always continue the last good issue of Power Pack's ongoing.

Luke Cage, Dakota North, Daredevil. Reed would make a good detective, he'd forensic science the FUCK out of things.

Oh yeah, and Daughters of the Dragon, and Jessica Jones.

GENIUS!

With Moon Knight there are some similarities between him and Batman but I think he has some stuff in common with the Shadow.

What about Jessica Drew?

Are 'heck,' 'dang,' 'poop,' and 'smart Alec' banned too?

It really depends on the way in which Marvel will enforce the rules. Elaborate heists and such can be classified as sensationalism. Who ate the cookies or hero convincing people not to jaywalk are probably the only kinds of stories that definitely won't get banned.

Banned for sensationalism and frightening content

Kind of. He tends to do more brawling and less thinking than Batman. He also has serious mental issues like depression, multiple personality disorder, schizophrenia, addictions and so on depending on the writers. Not sure how well that would sit with Marvel's app. Costume is also spooky, so it could be axed for disturbing imagery.

I'd view that to be a good thing generally, but I have the feeling they're defining "alternative lifestyle"to be something akin to "monogamous intraracial heterosexual relationships"

Bruh, have you forgotten? Current writers at Marvel and DC all are glorified fanfiction writers. Afterall, they literally grew up with these characters, and finally they have the power to not only make their respective made-up childhood stories canon, but get paid for it.

We've updated the Comics Code Authority

FULL LIST OF RESTRICTIONS

Holy shit. No wonder there's been so many Marvel books about bitches in coffee shops. That's all they can do.

Literally the only thing they got right.

underrated post

Hah, they're finally resorting to scouting the fanfic writers for talent, now they've realised the SJWs work cheap but turn everything they touch to shit and wank.

Why hire cheap when you can get content for FREE? Or, even better, they PAY YOU for the privilege.

Delicious Capitalism.

Based on the restrictions, I'd be surprised if they get *any* worthwhile content to use.

Marvel creatives struggle to come up with content when there are no restrictions at all.

Yeah, I can see this being a success.

Unless they walk back a little on a few of these, this is gonna be one hell of a train wreak. Some of these are outright stupid or so vauge as to include damn near anything.
All that said, I voted Tigra in that poll for heroes they have on their site. She deserves better, she's the true best Marvel Heroine.

Marvel does have restrictions, in the form of strict deadlines.

I was reading the other day that mainstream artists are required to have two full pages done PER DAY. That is a serious hurdle, especially if you're stuck drawing incredibly complex scenes/characters or you're an inexperienced artist just starting out.

That condition explains why mainstream talent is drying up. Given the publishing options available, any serious cartoonist would laugh at it. That amount of work is not worth the money.

It's best for now if Marvel forgets that Tigra exists. If SJW fucks would get their hands on her, she would be completely ruined. First thing to go would be her problematic look. Tigra would probably be made to have normal skin, but wear full body leotard with tiger stripes, similar to what happened to Ivy.

To be fair, that right pic is kind of a cherry-picked generalization, since both examples aren't from actual comic books (top is clearly from Stan Lee and John Buscema's How To Draw Comics The Marvel Way, bottom looks like it's from a reference sheet). It'd be better to compare the original art from those years.

Tigra is pretty dumb tbh, but yeah, sjws would ruin her. They ruin everything

Couldn't be too hard to start a comic publishing company to compete with these fucking faggots.

Theoretically we could. Hell, I could even see how we could do it ourselves. Just do what Webtoon is doing, with "free" comics backed by ad-revenue, then eventually branch out into publishing physical copies, a la standard Webcomic procedure, then continue until we can branch into physical distribution.

What a time to be alive.

Why not? There's really nothing stopping anybody, you just have to get organized. I'd say go for it.

They really need to specify that some of these rules only apply to the heroes or villains. Are bank robbers going to only use coshes? Are cops, meeting Hulk on the rampage, going to use calming language (even though that would be more likely to work than shooting him)?
It seems like they're using this as a pool for illustrated story books, of the "Lex Luthor stole forty cakes" variety, for super young children, than for actual comics.

Those rules are not for their "professional" comics, if they were we wouldn't be having Trump as MODOK, Slavic Nazis and other ridiculous propaganda.

IIRC she appeared in a fullbody concealing suit during Secret Empire. You can thank Nick Spencer for that.

Any other terrible things Spencer did to her?

You have a point. On the one hand i'm sad she's not being used, on the other hand, I should probably be overjoyed she's not being used.

Wait, wait. Work? With you guys? No Fucking Way. As far as I'm concerned, you're all the worst dregs of humanity that I have ever had the displeasure of reading the opinions of, far worse than the Libcucks you claim to be better than in the mere fact that they at least pretend to value social interaction and their fellow man, and the only reason I care to associate with you folks is because you're the only people who don't have an echo chamber where your opinions should be, and I'm at least secure in the knowledge that I'm one, mild step above you all because I'm actually going to therapy for my issues.
Also new semester of college started, and there's a whole bunch of drama going down with the GF's friend getting pregnant and her boyfriend leaving her, so I've got no time to start anything extremely frustrating like a comic startup anyway.

Can we give them a FUCK FLICK KNIFE instead?

this gives me a great idea

Don't come here that often, and when I do all I see are mountains of DC and Marvel trash.
Must have missed that, can you give me a quick rundown?

Why write up a whole fucking paragraph on why you don't want to be at the forefront of a new comic publishing industry unless you want it shut down.

I made it like half way through that post before the pretentiousness turned me into a hipster faggot.

y. mutie

*t.
disregard this, I suck cocks

Don't worry, you'll grow out of it.

Wew lad 2/10

some anons wanted to create a Holla Forumsmic about a raccoon in a squad police and a cat vigilante, its a nice idea but there is only a draw fag even good at it and the rest is ideaguys that's why every time it loses people's interest and get 404 after 80replies

Isn't it what [current year] Marvel has been doing for some time?

The Rhino, obviously.

10/10. Copied and pasta'd for future use.

Marvel is truly an expert at the craft of giving negative expectations and then shitting out something even worse

Delicious bait. Worthy of copypasta.

bleedingcuck reported that most of the characters there are pay-to-use.