My Final Thoughts on Dark Souls 1

So I have been playing Dark Souls 1, and have really been forming my final thoughts on the game. So far I have completed the game once and got to O&S in NG+, I have started another character too and I am nearly there. But with this time (80 hours) I have really been forming my final opinions on the game. So I am just gonna lay out what I got from this game.

1. Story
Tackling the story of Dark Souls is no easy feet, this is bolstered by the fact that the lore of Lordran and the DS universe is not explained plainly. This juxtaposes DS' contemporaries like Skyrim and other Western RPG's. The story is told through the environment, vague dialogue that is told by the characters and what the player makes of the story. The story has been slowly uncovered by a fantastic community that has a never-ending stream of new ideas and concepts. The story has been told vaguely so that the player may question their actions without really knowing the consequences. The story is left aside and the game bothers more on the combat, and through the combat you can optionally learn more about the world.
This type of story-telling is very rarely seen and is a very unique feature.

2. Combat
'Prepare To Die' a phrase that seems ubiquitous in the Dark Souls combat, you WILL die at some point, somewhere, and well… you only have yourself to blame. See the combat in Dark Souls does not get easier the more you level up, the combat is realistic and gritty, it provokes the player to make careful movements and commit to every single one of their commands. The combat demands high focus from the player or else… some is lost. Souls, they are a never-ending resource that is given out with each kill in Dark Souls, yet when we die we rage, we shout, we get angry. This is the game teaching us a lesson about loss; though we may always get another chance, you must seize the goal before it is too late.
When you die you drop a bloodstain; this carries all of your Souls and Humanity that you had on that life. You get one chance to get it back, so you employ tactics and you tread carefully or else all is lost. However, many times I have ran through everything and well… it often is a failure, the game wants you to slow your mental speed down in order to adjust to the game's difficulty, the consequences are dire.

3. The ending
The ending of Dark Souls made me feel empty, but maybe that is what it is supposed to do. After all this time, building your character up, baring the trials and tribulations that the game offers you, all you get is two endings:
1. Offer your soul to kindle the first flame for a little longer
2. Speed up the darkness and begin The Age of Man
These two endings are not supposed to be happy, they leave you feeling kinda worthless. But maybe that is what you were! Were you really needed? Did your actions actually matter? If the Chosen Undead was never 'chosen' would there be any difference in the ending? In my opinion; no. But then I started New Game + and I felt alive again, I felt I was ready to take on the evils that Lordran had once again. And in the middle of writing this, I realize that I have just explained to myself what I thought about Dark Souls! I started off so aimless but yet I just figured out why I love Dark Souls!

Dark Souls is about second chances, a juxtaposition of our own world, it shows us what we could have done right and allows us to do it, but it all comes at a cost, a cost of out lives.

Yeah I just realized a few of the spelling mistakes, yeah I am an illiterate fuck who learned his English from playing Roblox and Runescape

No one cares, loser

Yup, it's a pretty nice game.
The original Dark Souls is already 5 years old

Yeah, but I am a white, cis-bi, ablest, oppressor with no money

So are you going to play DS II now? You can at least pirate it or something

I could. I know where to pirate from. But I just can't be bothered to do it. I am lazy and I prefer to use Steam, it's just me :/

and lastly

the nigger used a form of 'juxtapose' twice in his review and never used 'compare' or 'contrast' once

Game is mediocre.
Only reason the Souls games are praised so much is because compared to the other heaps of AAA trash, it stands out very slightly as an above-average game.

The story is deliberately convoluted and obscure to attract just that type of crowd.
The type of drooling autists that would spend their days writing their own headcanon about the game, because the game is vague enough with it's story that it allows them.
This is similar to how MLP fans will create their own headcanon of certain characters in the show. It's autistic fanservice pandering.

Honestly the only challenging thing about Dark Souls is trying to stop yourself from rushing boss fights too fast.
Once you
The fights get laughably easy, and this translates into DS2 and 3 as well.
The only hard part is the effort it takes to not fall asleep as you repeat the same,
combo, over and over to beat a boss.
There is no strategic diversity. Every boss in the Souls games can be beat by doing exactly what I just listed.

The ending was shit, because it reflects the rest of the game.
It's the same shit churned out over and over.
This is shown in the second Dark Souls when the ending is literally the exact same ending as the first game.
Except without DLC you don't even have a choice in 2.

Not a fan.

Sounds almost exactly like the SupperBunnyHop's (I think it is his nickname) from YouTube.

OP I mostly agree with you but this is not the place for this, you sound like you just came from reddit

wow who'd guess

The best thing about Dark souls combat is because how little it tries to be realistic. You have iframes, different weapons of the same type have different attack animations, video game mechanics of back stabs and parries.
It essentially standardizes third person action RPG combat like RE4 did to the third person shooter genre. Whether thats a good thing or a bad one is up to debate though.

I think you are projecting your own feelings on others here. Nobody but the most autismo faggots rage over a death in video games.

u wot m8

I don't like the combat, it's slow and clunky and the control scheme is retarded.

These are fatal flaws for a game that revolves around combat.

nice blog brother

you can't play it online if you pirate DS2. that's the only good thing about that game.

You can doe.
RVT lad

nope that's only for DS1 and DS3. DS2 uses serverside so a simple steamworks fix won't do the job.

Bullshit you don't know how to pirate

Is this even a thing?How do these retards find 8ch?

Tune in to OP's blog next time for a stunning, and totally relevant, explanation on Super Mario Brothers.

this tbh

its good for from soft, they at least deserve the money

Not from DS2 however