Stan Lee turns 95 years old today...

Stan Lee turns 95 years old today. Let's take this moment to reflect on all that he's done for Marvel Comics and all comics, in general.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/UTTkw
archive.is/MjD5e
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd like to see Stan Lee be given a set of writers and artists and get his own separate run of Marvel, and call it the Mew Classic Marvel series. It'd basically depen on already having a pozzed, current marvel universe so that they can focus on being an homage and an emulation of the old, corny, campy, and FUN Marvel comics.

New Marvel Classics, not Mew. Fuck, now some weird Shit is going to come of that.

When I opened this board up on my phone and saw his picture, I thought he'd died.

Nah, he and Queen Elizabeth have a bet running. Whoever drops first pays out to the winner. Not sure how large the pot has gotten but I'm pretty sure it gets bigger every year.

He'll die first. People his age don't often last long after their spouses have died.

Does he get to be king if she dies first?

I believe it's a very substantial amount of the other's favorite flavor of ice cream.

In all seriousness? He didn't do that much in the grand scheme of things. He did help build the framework for the Marvel universe as we know it, set the standard for the average Marvel story and co-created characters and concepts still in use today. But most of the credit goes to the artists who had to co-plot the comics he did "write" and the writers that came after him.

Sorry, but Kirby will always be the King!

How many cartoonists, how many actors and how many people on the industry did he bury?

Didn't he just fuck a lot of people over and take credit for everything? What has he done besides put his name on everything?

I thought he was more of an ideas guy and Kirby and Ditko just drew it for him. I kind of give him more credit than someone like Bob Kane since at least Lee had some influence in the creation of the work but yeah he became more like the face of Marvel despite the fact many others helped built it.

You got joked on user.

You mean he fell for the truth? Shit, I hate it when that happens.

Well, Stan's better than Bob Kane in the sense that Stan acknowledged other people did some of the work, but Stan greatly oversells his contributions.

An example: Stan and Jack were working on Fantastic Four. They had to come up with the plot for next month's issue. Stan gives Jack a simple plot 'The Fantastic Four fight God'. Jack goes away and draws it. Comes back on Monday with the first issue of the Galactus three parter. Stan sees the Silver Surfer in Jack's artwork and says 'Who the fuck is that?'

If you look at Jack Kirby's unfinished artwork you'll see that most of the time Kirby would pencil in the dialogue in the margins or whatever, and when you see the finished artwork you'll see that Stan more-or-less just jazzed up Kirby's dialogue. This is mainly what he did for Ditko and Kirby, he claims he wrote those stories (even though he admits that Ditko was basically plotting Spider-Man by himself by the time he left) when really he just edited them. With other contributors (John Romita, John Buscema, etc) he was a bit more hands-on, and they have a more positive opinion of him, but for the guys who basically created the majority of the Marvel line, Stan's pretty much taken credit for all their contributions.

I want cuckchan to leave

The ironing is delicious

Spidermew
Fancatstick Four
The Avengepurrs
X-Mew
Incredible Hairball

My favorite is Ghost Kitteh

To give him credit, he did save comics by bringing superheroes back as horror comics were being eliminated by the Comics Code Authority.
Stan and Jack just applied what they'd developed in the romance and giant monster comics, which was soap opera for involvement, and giant splash panels for impact, and Stan's obsession with classic lit.

That, and Stan's Rules from his Reader's Digest article from 1947:
1. Write an interesting beginning to the story.
2. Use smooth continuity from panel to panel.
3. Use realistic dialogue because it creates good characterisation.
4. Maintain suspense throughout.
5. Provide a satisfying ending.

The writers these days, with their meandering, alt-lit, blog-style writing, really ought to put those motherfucking rules up on their wall. Or at least on their screen background or something.
Say what you want about Stan, huckster he may be, but the son of a bitch understands story structure.

STAN LEE IS ACCUSED OF GROPING HIS NURSES, DEMANDING ORAL SEX, AND OTHER INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOR
archive.is/UTTkw
Is Stan next on the chopping block? Will he be disowned by Marvel and will no longer get cameos?

How is this news?

'BOUT FUCKING TIME.

BURN STANLEY, BURN.

Even if you think he stole shit you have to admit he's an entertaining guy. Webm related

Apparently there were no complaints before this came out and Lee denies all of it. I doubt it happened, and even if it did, like says: it's an old man being an old man. It's a non-issue.

Also related.

I just find the sexual harassment stuff hilarious. The man's an absolute glory hound who took the credit and money for creating Marvel and its entire stable of characters, screwing over Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko, Joe Simon and probably many others. And nobody cares. They give him fucking movie cameos, guest appearances in Big Bazinga Theory and other nerd culture bullshit. They jerk him off constantly. They promote his claim that he created everything. They don't give a fuck

But when it comes out that he wants his nurses to actually jerk him off, all of a sudden he's problematic and should be unpersoned.

How prophetic

This. Regardless of your opinion of Stan Lee and the industry in general, this is just stupid. Even if he went and said it, that kind of things coming from a guy his age is probably more of a joke than anything else. Just because it's improper in [CURRENT AGE] + 3 doesn't mean it's exactly unappropriated. The nurses might as well slap him or over medicate him.

Sleazy Stan once confronted me in the shadowy corner of a convention and told me he was going to 'Show me his Excelsior' and how he would 'make mine Marvel'.

Wait that actually happened?

Read the thread you fucking shit for brains.

Rest In Peace, Mr. Lee. You were an inspiration for a generation.

More than one, I mean, he's been writing since 1941, that's the Greatest Generation, the Baby Boomers, and all the assholes I can't remember until Generation X, Y, Z, and the fucking Millennials.

Hey, it took me a while to figure out that Madame Clitoris from Stripperella was wearing a hood. That caused me to randomly burst into laughter, and I couldn't tell anyone why.

You know, I'd be happy to be still grabbing nurses' asses at 95.

DC really missed a trick. They never put Funky in a cartoon and had Stan voice him

Stan probably wouldn't, seeing as he was hurt by Jack's depiction of him.

Really? I would have thought Stan would take it in his usual good humour. Now, House Roy on the other hand, that was deep

Didn't he fuck Kirby's wife at some point?

No

archive.is/MjD5e
Anybody know the artist in question?

They're staying anonymous? How convenient for them.

How many more must he murder before sums shall be tallied?

Is this a variant on your shit joke you keep making?

Make your claims to the proper authorities, with your name attached, or don't bother.