Has 2017 been the worst year for animation?

Has 2017 been the worst year for animation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RWcr5ilbiYk
youtube.com/watch?v=liJDwFOzAY0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_Movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

youtube.com/watch?v=RWcr5ilbiYk
youtube.com/watch?v=liJDwFOzAY0

We're currently living in a second dark age of cartoons, maybe even worse than the 1970s and especially with the movies that have come out this year (Smurfs, Spark, The Emoji Movie, Rock Dog, Boss Baby and the upcoming films such as The Nut Job 2 and The Star) yes I can say that we are living in a second dark age of western animation in whch none of the better shows on now (Steven Universe, Star vs The Forces of Evil) can save us from this horrible dreck we're living in (Teen Titans Go, The Powerpuff Girls (2016), Bunsen Is Beast, Ben 10 (2016), Cloudy, Marvel's Spiderman, Wacky Races 2017 and more)

Computer animation was a mistake.

Call me a faggot for saying this, but I don't think any year so far will compare to the 80's in terms of low quality animation. Say what you will of the cartoons made as of late, but at least studios in present day are trying make something of their writing and animation.
Numerous cartoons in the 80s not only had very amateurish writing and paper thin characters, but the animation was eyesore in every perspective imaginable. Also, compared to 2017, at least studios nowadays are attempting to make original properties of their own. While people in the 80s were too afraid of taking any risks, that a huge chunk of them were based off already existing properties.
TL;DR No, 2017 isn't the worst year for animation. Most of the 80s were.

Also, think about this when thinking about 2017 and the 80s. Name 7 good animated series from 2017, and then name 7 good animated from anywhere in the 80s.

Anywhere? Okay:

Galaxy Express 999
Akira
Hashire Melos
Barefoot Gen
Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind
Night on the Galactic Railroad
The Professional: Golgo 13
Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Grave of the Fireflies
Robot Carnival
Wings of Honneamise
Kiki's Delivery Service

The Little Mermaid
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Land Before Time
All Dogs Go to Heaven
An American Tail
The Brave Little Toaster
The Black Cauldron
The Adventures of Mark Twain
Plague Dogs
The Last Unicorn
Heavy Metal
Winnie the Pooh and a Day for Eeyore

I get that you're specifically talking about the toyline crap animated films, but they were still well animated well despite having crap stories.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Transformers:_The_Movie

I was talking about animated TV series, actually.

I probably should clarify that I was talking about TV series, and not movies.

Oh if that's the case, then I agree. A lot of corners were cut for them to be released.

Get the fuck back to tumblr

I could probably think of a few years that were worse, but this year was pretty bad too. I think 2017 could be summed up with one word: forgettable. I just looked at the list and I realized I had forgotten that half of these movies even existed. That being said, LEGO Batman probably wins movie of the year IMO.

Batman and Harley Quinn
The Boss Baby
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
Cars 3
Coco
Despicable Me 3
The Emoji Movie
Ferdinand
Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie
The Jetsons & WWE: Robo-WrestleMania!
Justice League Dark
The LEGO Batman Movie
The LEGO Ninjago Movie
Loving Vincent
My Little Pony: The Movie
The Nut Job 2: Nutty by Nature
Smurfs: The Lost Village
The Star
Surf’s Up 2: WaveMania
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
Tom and Jerry: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

To be fair, the MLP movie was at least 2D… so thats… something? Maybe? Even though it looks like Winx.

You forgot Sing and Trolls… I think.
And Trolls is one of the worse on the list.

Holy shit Dreamworks is dead. Makes me sad, I liked them better than Pixar for some time, but after Zootopia and Moana vs Boss Baby and Trolls I must say… holy shit guys. You're dead.

To a starving man a crumb is a feast.

>>>/pone/

I didn't even watch it you fuck, I just admired that it's 2D. God I miss 2D.

Sing and Trolls came out in 2016

Agreed, Dreamworks used to be a name I was glad to hear.

It's not The House Shrek Built for nothing

Consider eating high-velocity lead.

Then why'd you bring it up, fag?

Being better than pure shit doesn't prevent something from being garbage.

Agreed. It's because of that that all 2D animated movies are direct to video.

I told myself I would never turn into the "lel this time of cartoons was better" faggot but I cant help but think it. 15 minute long calarts animated flash shit is getting on my nerves

Why?

Not that user, but I know the feel. You don't want to be that dadrocker faggot–a killjoy who refuses to listen to anything made after 1999. Unfortunately for user, almost all good animation nowadays is just amateur shorts.
That being I can't really name a decade when 2D western animation really stood out other than the 30's and 2D disney,

He's a faggot for thinking his time had "good" music (and ignoring even some good (by his standards) stuff that can sometimes come up post-1999), but he's not wrong in that overall, music before 1999 was better (even if it was still shit; Queens and Beatles included; compare all that to the Classics (even the later ones like Gustav Holst) and you notice a decline; if you can't you're blind; blinded by plain ignorance and/or cheap thrills). And there is nothing wrong with refusing to eat shit even at the expense of being a "killjoy". There is nothing wrong with acknowledging truth; there has been a definite decline in art.

It's kind of sad how Shrek changed Dreamworks for the worse. Because of Shrek and Shrek 2 they learned from those films that pop culture references were all you need despite what made Shrek work was that it was a satire of Disney films. The second one had too much pop culture references but was still fun. Hopefully, with stuff like HWTYD and Kung Fu Panda they're moving away from that.
'

God I have such fond memories of that. I owned the books, have 2 boxes of the comics, own the toys and even the animated movies.

Yeah I also said to myself when somebody once told me the world is gonna roll me, that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Because. My point is. That it's fucking 2D.
Holy shit no wonder you retards elected that president, you're dumb as fuck.

Good job whacking the point out of the window

Is that how to train your dragon? W and T aren't even close together?
Are you a disgusting animal not using qwerty and using some shittier instead?

Absolutely

lel

Trump already has pushed more countries to act with discretion or respect towards America than Obongo ever did.

Here's the one left out that bashes Shitskins.

What if you and >>956723 just fuck off?

Nevar 5get who the real monster was.

This ermahgur, like krumpflkakes srsly?
Go fuck yourself, that post was actually Holla Forums tier.

Every time all I can remember is how much of a loser you have to be to miss a 2 feet shot with a shotgun.

You'd think people would have figured out by now that doing this is embarrassing.

It will only be remembered for the loli tbh.

Living under these conditions is embarrassing.

Not even that. Ripoff-movies have hotter characters than this.

I wonder ((who's)) behind these deletions.

Losing your Obongo food stamps and tranny troops?

I don't understand any of the shit you say.

This. The animation was shit on Rocky & Bullwinkle but it had decent writing and humour, and Hanna-Barbera cartoons were simple because they had no budget not because >don't need to learn anatomy, it's my artstyle to draw like a 7-y/o., your criticism is problematic. 80s toy commercial shows occasionally managed to slip in something fanservicey, not-unfunny or at least not-cringe-inducing for parents or for the lulz.

started living under a rock/not giving af around 2010-12, clue me in fags
I thought that was a vidya, it looked like a vidya
Sadly I know this exists
at least there were some good shoops
another one?
was that the skerlinton one? how'd that do?
first one wasn't total shit
sent to punish us for our mighty sins
the storybook about the bull sitting on a bee? how did they stretch that into a movie?
they still haven't let that die? sheeit I watched that growing up
first I've heard of it
first I've heard of it
remember blocking anything mentioning it on youtube when youtube's shilling algorythm shat it out repeatedly when I was filtering against the spiderman elsa joker kinder surprise!!! vids
first I've heard of it, don't even know what it is
don't even know what this is either
oh shit that's out already?
huh huh huh he said nuts
was this a sequel? they made another one after nobody liked it?
MANGER BABBIES
uhh… nope, I got nothin
did it suck as hard as the Nu/calartsTT show?
heard it was terrible

oh good the thread has turned into more political diarrhea

It’s basically a soft reboot without all the “real world” crap, more tolerable mostly by being more bland and forgettable

Despicable Me 1 was fine until there was that unicorn book with the hole in it. And all I was thinking of for the rest of the movie was him sticking his dick through that hole and letting the girls play with the "unicorn".

Dark age!? A worser describing I give this generation of animation with so many riggid animated show I saw on TV, cinema and online in 3D and 2D that trigger a lot of those lazy animators is: Rise Of Digital Puppetry

Well they’ve certainly learned to hide it better than the 90s and 00s

(nato)
Who's the one with a lewd mind here, user?

Get off of welfare.

You need some mileage before you can understand cryptic D&C shills.

Hey leftypol.

Hey there leftypol.

Obongo is out of office and Trudeau praised Islam.

Take a look at this and see that "born in the wrong generation" isn't a meme after all.

This is why chans are the only place on the internet with valuable opinions anymore. People who defend the shit that has been objectively analyzed as shit by us are fucking blind.

Surprised cuckchan hasn't raided yet.

bump

Everything is political. Get over it.

Glad to see this thread wasn't deleted by cuckchanner mods

Everyone of us knows that feel bro, just have to call out the shilling for the awful nu-garbage when you see it. Everyone on 8ch agrees that nu-anime is nothing but moefag trash.

If you liked anything from the past year unironically, go the fuck back to cuckchan

make me

And we're supposed to like this shitty state of affairs? Fuck off.

Don't bother with him, he's a retarded Enterbot who has no independent thoughts of his own, and hasn't watched a real cartoon/anime in his life.

Of course.

Fuckoff Ezekiel

I know that feel

Shit/10 would not meme again.

He and Dan "Get in the Van" Schneider are the final bosses of Nickelodeon.

F U C K I N G T H I S
Lel

I don't think any of your boogeymen browse this board.

I'm not sure if it's the worst, but it was really bad overall. Nice to know the art schools are still pushing out talentless hacks. Does anyone have the infographs on how bad modern art schools are? And that most employed artists don't even have degrees? I was trying to find them the other day with no luck.

What does Trump have to do with this? No one even brought up politicians until you mentioned him.

Dreamworks baffles me. They've shown they can put out amazing movies, but simultaneously they've also put out god awful movies. It makes me wonder if they really had talent at the company, or if they just got lucky a few times and had no clue how to continue those successes.

Ironically he's barely remembered because most of the mainstream news sites never covered him. How was he even that bad at using a gun anyway? I only shot guns a few times on a range when I was roughly half his age and yet I was still more accurate than him.

this was the closest thing to a good animated movie I've seen for a while, and that was early 2016 (and even that was a delayed release from 2015)

still, at least us canucks actually got in theatres unlike you americans. One time I actually felt lucky.

I think you mean best?

Go back to cuckchan ya filthy refugee.

How pathetic are you?

I hope you realize why your furfaggot as stands out.