Vita Thread

"HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S MIGHT GAINE IN SRW" Edition

WHATCHA:

And most importantly, are you still having fun?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Og88o
amazon.com/Sorcery-Saga-Curse-Great-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00FFHEZUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465162234&sr=8-1&keywords=sorcery saga
atlus.com/a-chat-w-atlus-staff-getting-sentimental-with-odin-sphere/
archive.is/EUJix
gengo.com/wwwjdic/cgi-data/wwwjdic?1C
ejje.weblio.jp/
pastebin.com/ZQdMz90r
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w2F4NA5E0Io
archive.is/RGEV2
youtu.be/bKtzGQSm4vo?t=47
archive.is/AlHV8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We stop upholding “fun” as the universal, ultimate criterion for a game’s relevance. It’s a meaningless ideal at best and a poisonous priority at worst. Fun is a neurological trick. Plenty of categorically unhealthy things are “fun”. Let’s try for something more. Many of the alternatives will have similarly fuzzy definitions, but let’s aspire to qualities like “edifying”, “healing”, “pro-social”, or even “enlightening”. I encourage you to decide upon your own alternatives to “fun” in games (while avoiding terms like “cool” and “awesome” and any other word that simply caters to existing, unexamined biases).

The best brave robot hands down.
Too bad I don't find SRW fun anymore.

Go home Kotaku, you're drunk

I think I would kill myself if that ever happened to me, and I hope you can find that joy in your heart again someday did you play the Z2 titles on the PSP or BX on the 3DS? I had a huge blast with those

Gamasutra actually. :^)

Aww fuck, Crossbone. It's been too long.

I agree 100%. There is far more to the experience of a game as true art.

I unironically enjoy pretty looking walking simulators with shallow objectives and simple dialogues like FO4 and Skyrim.

You see, this is the next evolution in gaming. IMO, some games should be less competition oriented. In it's early development, video game was a medium for translating logic and reflex engagement oriented activities into digital video format. Some people turn out to enjoy the experience of observing and discovering instead of engaging their reflexes and logic in the game their play. This is how games like Morrowind were born.

Just like the evolution of films. Back in the 20's great directors like Fritz Lang directed beautiful looking films that are focused on the exposition of the plot, but it turned out that the audience were more mesmerized by the grandeur audiovisual telling of the story. Then came Tarkovsky and his unique way of directing films with the logic of poetry where man and nature, instead of plot, are equally the star of the film even though they barely recognized each other. This technique of recreating life using the audiovisual medium stands at the highest ground of the evolutionary ladder of cinema.

People like Todd Howard are the Tarkovsky of video games. With his unique non autistic perspective, he sees video games as an experience rather than a puzzle. With trials and errors, he has tried to create an experience oriented video game rather than the traditional game oriented video games. His technique might still be in the experimental stage, but I hope someday he will find the perfect formula to articulate his visionary ideal, a combination of discovery and world manipulation.

More like ENGLISH FUCKING SUBTITLES CONFIRMED FOR RELEASE EDITION

Playing Stranger of the Sword City. I'm just not in the mood to play vidya right now. I'm wanting and getting Odin Sphere and Grand Kingdom. I've been looking forward to those games for a while.

I'm going to wait first to see if NISA fucked up Grand Kingdom. I doubt it because NISA isn't bad when kept under a tight leash. I swear that company has a A and B team. 1 ruins everything it touches through censorship and bugs while inserting as many memes as possible. The other just does their job to translate as accurately as possible while ironing out bugs (see Demon Gaze and Natural Doctrine). I want to support NISA when they do well because that's the kind of shit I want to see. But by doing so I fuel them to also ruin more games. Buying used or importing seem to be the smartest options.

Hadn't heard of that. Good thing I guess? I wouldn't bother with 'em anyway though.

Good.

It makes a man weep. What I wouldn't give for a Salamander Factory cover of Chicks Dig Giant Robots

Nothing.
CFW
Nothing.
HA HA HA

I guess. I mean it's a decent enough CFW PSP, but if I'd known it was going to take this long before I could pirate the Vita's DLC-infested library, I would have saved the $150.

ahh I overslept and forgot to make the new thread. Thanks again user ;w;

DangItRonPaul, Just started Chapter 5. Also dabbling in some Samurai Warriors 4-II on PS4, and a little bit of Gundam Breaker 3.

XSEED to fucking announce the English releases of VD and Uppers already. An english-asia release of this badass looking new SRW game (too bad there's no Gurren Lagann, unless I missed it in the trailer). And english version of Omega Labyrinth but who am I kidding, that shit won't ever happen.

DangItRonPaul

Omega Labyrinth and Monster Hunter Generations

> fun?
Yeah. I got choked up at the end of the Chapter 4 trial in DIRP. Can't wait to see how this all finishes out.

I've never played an SRW game before, but holy shit this looks great.
Reminds me I need to make sure to pick up OG Moon Dwellers when it comes out…

Go back to bed Kotaku, and take IGN with you

It's just about all you CAN do. I'm still mad that the Asia-English version of Criminal Girls is just the NA version. I've got half a mind to just import the Jap versions of both games. I'd just play the PSP version 4free, but CG Invitation added a good bit of stuff for post-game from what I understand.

It's a damned shame man and it never will happen, because American licensing laws are absolute shit

Also a shame that Pacific Rim will never get in, but at least that means no water levels.

That would be more reason to use Getter 3 and water terrain parts.

Oh, speaking of mechs. Did any of you play the Cross Ange game?
Was the anime any good?

And while I'm on the subject of anime-licensed-games, have any of you picked up Punchline? If so, I'd love to hear about how it is/how playable it is for someone who doesn't know nip.

Depends if you find plane crashes entertaining.

also meh the recycled assets

As long as there's no survivors

Pretty sure you're the only person who frequently posts in these threads who lives in Japan, so you can safely assume any post about the PSN is talking about the North American or European PSN. Some day, you'll figure this out.

If you believe in shows that are so bad they are entertaining, then you'll have fun.

I'm not saying Cross Ange can only be "watched Ironically". Cross Ange knows it's bad. And revels in it. The show is a combination of High Camp and black comedy.

Am I the only one surprised that MOTHERFUCKING SPACE BATTLESHIP YAMATO IS IN THE GAME HOLY SHIT HOW WILL THEY ACTUALLY DO IT
>still no triumphant return of Xabungle I just want Boss and Jiron to combine their ICBM tosses, fuck

So it's one of those types of shows? I'll have to give it the ol' 2~3 episode run and see how it is. I'm glad you told me that though, I probably would've gone in expecting it to be super serious or something along those lines. I still need to watch Punchline too. I've heard good things about it

that's surprising too, Yamato in SRW

reminds me of that one off @G comic where Jinron pilots Borot and just brings the pain

Very much so.

Here's the sauce for SRW 5 confirmed for english release, PlayAsia tweeted it. Don't know if it's confirmed for Vita AND PS4 in english though. I would think it'd get both, but it could get only one or the other.
archive.is/Og88o

Now I have to watch this shit, if for no other reason than to know why they keep babies in containers while on transportation

You are going to love it when you get the answer that question.

Bump

Shit happens, it's cool.

No Gurren, and for some bizarre reason despite being SRW V, no Combattler V, no Voltes V, and no Victory Gundam. That said, motherfucking Might Gaine, the ZERO manga for Shin Mazinger, Crossbone Gundam, and out of all things Yamato.

I'd say to do this in general, but for Criminal Girls it's just not a fun game. I honestly recommend grabbing the PSP version first to see if you like it somehow, but I just couldn't enjoy the actual playing the game part. Fanservice-filled games are fine, I've got pretty much every Senran Kagura game, I'm playing Demon Gaze and Omega Labyrinth, and sitting on Valkyrie Drive, but the game itself has to be fun.

Haven't seen it, but from what I hear it's a spiritual sequel to Code Geass, so I'm going to assume it's awful garbage with zero likable characters and godawful writing.

Yamato was probably the biggest surprise of all, though Might Gaine is the one I've been waiting for.

It may be because of how the licenses work, I'm not clear on the details myself, but from what I gather they pay for a license to a series and can use it in games as much as they want for X period of time, and so they use it as much as possible during that period and then let it rest for a bit. Supposedly this is why for the longest time they kept shoving Macross Frontier into everything.

It's actually V, not 5 - the V stands for Voyage, apparently.

I still remember someone last week starting a thread asking if what game a screenshot was from (Threads of Fate) and if it was fun. Upon being called out to just play it and see for himself, he said he didn't have plans to ever actually play it but was just wondering if it was any fun.

Has Gurren Lagann gotten into many of the SRW games anyhow? I remember seeing some clips of it in footage from one of the PS3 games, it does make me curious.

Also, do they have a tendency to keep adding to SRW rosters, or is it more of switching stuff out on a game to game basis? Never really looked into the series much since not many of the game are in English (be it fan translated or localized, given that the crossover games are apparently a licensing nightmare).

Oh, is it not even a fun game? It looked kinda Mystery-Dungeon-ish. But you raise a good point there.

That means it'll be just twice as fun to laugh at then.

Interesting I wonder Voyage to where though?

Yeah, some anons were saddened by the fact that new board banners still can't be added, because that quote would have made a classic "Holla Forums doesn't play vidya" one.

But seriously, if someone is asking if a game is fun, I would think they'd be at least considering playing it.

i liked the show, but the main bad guy story/character is trash and i didnt like that the main guy and maid survive the allah snakbar attack
sounds like the game is way better in story, to bad you cant steal the princess boyfriend and cuck her.

Is gravity rush worth getting on the PS4 is gravity rush a good game I should get?

DT2, just reached ONSEN ARC

A titty mouse for my sore wrists

Going well into DT2, doing daily grinding before bed really sets a good routine

Just bought Stranger of Sword City even tho I dont even know if its any good and even tho I said I wouldnt buy games before I finish those I had

Gravity Rush is pretty good. The story leaves some to be desired, but that's because they intentionally left it open for a sequel, but the soundtrack is great.

As for platform, well, PS4 definitely has the perks. 60FPS lock, better-looking textures, it comes with the 3 DLC missions, and from my understanding the Gravity Slide is much easier to control, since it doesn't rely on the gyroscope like in the Vita version.

The only real perks of the Vita version is knowing that it was intended to be experienced on the Vita, and using the gyroscope can be kind of fun on some parts, but annoying in others. Then there's the general "comfy" you get from a handheld you'd never get from a console

Choice is yours friendo, because regardless of the platform you choose, the game is still pretty good, and Kat is always gonna be the cutest.

4u

It entered the SRW Z series in SRW Z2: Hakai-hen, and has been in the rest of the Z series since. Z2 Hakai-hen and Saisei-hen are PSP, and Z3 Jigoku-hen and Tengoku-hen are Vita/PS3. It also featured in SRW OE for the PSP.

Switching out mostly, ongoing series like Z or Alpha being mostly an exception though even they will drop things. Because they try to have a plot presence for as many of the series included as possible, it would get too messy to just keep every possible series in, especially considering the franchise is 25 now.

I don't remember enough of it to give an intelligent description at this point, I just remember being thoroughly disappointed with it and deleting it posthaste. But yeah, definitely play the PSP version first, from what I understand the gameplay is identical.

I've just seen too many bad anime recently to really be able to laugh at them, between Gundam SEED, 00, Code Geass, Macross Frontier…

>Interesting I wonder Voyage to where though?

Don't know, but maybe that's why Yamato's in the mix

I just got a vita yesterday. Currently only have Dragon's Crown.
What game should I get next? Leaning toward Meruru, as I like waifu games, but new Senran is tempting too.

If you're liking Dragon's Crown you could get Murmasa Rebirth and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir as well.

Oh, also if you get Muramasa Rebirth you should get the DLCs, they're pretty good. Rajyaki a best

landwhale trannies should never cosplay

If you like Dragon's Crown, you'll want to check out Muramasa Rebirth and Odin Sphere.

If you get Senran Kagura, try to get Shinovi Versus first, if possible. You'll appreciate Estival Versus MUCH more if you do. Though as I understand it, getting a physical of SV is pretty hard to do nowadays.

I'd also recommend Atelier Ayesha. I can't necessarily recommend it over an Atelier game from another trilogy though, since Ayesha is the only one I've actually beaten, and I started E&L, but it's still in my backlog these are the only two Atelier games I've ever played I'll probably finish that one up when Atelier Shallie+ is on the horizon.

Here's the most current one

I started messing with Sorcery Saga and this game might be way better than I was expecting. I'm not into a lot of moe type shit, but this game has a pretty awesome sense of humor. The music coupled with the silly ass stuff happening is just a lot of fun so far.

Killzone Mercs and JET SET RADIIOOOOOO
Phantasy Star games to get localized. Pls Sega. While you're at it make a Yakuza/Like a Dragon game for Vita.
Nothing yet
Gonna wait for a summer sale or something

Shit, all these release dates sneaking up on me. I didn't realize Sophie was so close to release, I'd have been trying to finish up E&L had I realized it sooner. Though I know Sophie isn't a sequel to E&L, Logy is IN the game, so that means it's all connected somehow or another. Worst of all, I've only got enough money right now to pick up ONE of the ones that comes out Tuesday fug

Sorcery Saga is a pretty funny game. It helps that its so adorable, I haven't played it in a while wound up dropping it for some other game, again

That'll be the day…

There is Yakuza for Vita! I couldn't find any normal videos of it, so here's this extremely funny, awesome vita youtuber!

user, calm your autism.

oh god this hurts to watch. His voice sounds as though he's the retarded bastard child of Videogamedunkey and Toby Turner. I hate that you can't fucking hear anything from the game hardly, and instead only his voice. That said, the video is pretty okay if muted.

Looks like it runs pretty well though. I wonder if we could ever see a full Yakuza game on Vita. I wouldn't be surprised if this companion app thing was just testing the waters.

Yeah, sadly, he's one of the only regular Vita uploaders on there. I never even notice it's him until he starts talking or I see his stupid gloves. I have no idea how anyone can watch those with the sound on. Even trying to do it ironically is too much for me.

I mean Sega owns Atlus, not like they cant get him to do some localization on Phantasy Star, right? I don't want to learn moon.

Oh…thanks Sega…

Trying to decide if I want to restart Hollow Fragment.

Caligula comes out this month too, as does Coven and Labyrinth of Refrain.

I don't know what to tell you user, this might not be the best hobby for you in that case, considering the state of the industry.

I'd like to think that there's a higher chance of seeing them now, because of Atlus, but obviously it's not really up to them. It just seems like Sega has been a little better since acquiring them.

I'm stuck on a hollow area boss and don't know what to do. I could easily finish the main game, but I've put so much time into the it that I'd like to finish the hollow area's story too. I'm just sick of battling fodder enemies after 90 hours of it and my level is too low to move on.

Well considering those games are more JRPG focused compared to some imported games I've tried like Yakuza and the Goemon games on the SNES, that's sort of why I'd want them to get localized.

It seems that since acquiring them Sega is more open to niche or smaller scale games, which personally I don't have a problem.

Unless Sega improves the quality of the translations, you probably don't want Atlus translating any games you want to play in English anyway.

See, I would imagine the opposite, the more text there is, the more I'd rather play it in Japanese because it's more likely someone fucked up. It doesn't much matter what language you play Super Mario in, but dear god I'd never play something like SRW in English even if it did somehow happen.

I was really surprised they brought Fighting Climax over. There's no PS4 version and licensing has to be a bitch for things like that. To sell it at a lower price like that was pretty sweet too.

I haven't really had any problems with them, besides the forced dubs. They seem to be getting better about that at least and every other publisher seems to have the same problem.

At least there's the Kurohyou games for the PSP. I'm playing the first right now on my Vita and it kicks ass.

He's just saying that every Atlus translation is bad because he doesn't like the localization decisions they made for Persona 4.

The fact that you have a company with people who think that's remotely OK in translating something, or an industry that allows it for that matter, is a real sign of a problem.

The Limited Edition is only $21 right now.
amazon.com/Sorcery-Saga-Curse-Great-Limited-PlayStation/dp/B00FFHEZUE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1465162234&sr=8-1&keywords=sorcery saga

I never know what's going on anymore. I just deal with everything on a game by game basis, myself.

What other game comes with all this amazing stuff?

I just wanted to clarify that the guy was speaking from generalizations and assumptions, and not actual experience with those translations. I didn't want people thinking this guy had been doing Legends of Localization-style text comparisons of Atlus translations or anything like that.

Didn't mean to sage. Somehow the do not bump option keeps getting re-checked…

Whenever I open the Vita's store I always notice a bunch of things I didn't even realize came out. I'm sort of surprised no one here even seems to talk about Ray Gigant or Croixleur Sigma or things like that. (A Boy and his Blob looks fun too.)

I figured it was probably something like that, but I haven't read any of the threads about Odin Sphere either. I played Dragon's Crown for the first time yesterday and I was pretty surprised at how good the English dub seemed. Odin Sphere has the Japanese audio anyway, but I hope the same amount of care went into it and the localization turned out good and everything.

The PSP had Yakuza games on it. Black Panther has an ongoing fan translation effort. But yeah, if they did make one for the Vita, chances are they wouldn't bother bringing it west.

I'm still a bit unclear as to how that works out. I mean, does Sophie outright take place in the world of the Dusk games, or was Logy just popular enough that he's getting a cameo role in a game set on an entirely different planet (to use an example from another series, Marivel, from Wild Arms 2, runs the Black Market and acts as receptionist at the Hunters Guild in Wild Arms 5, and last I'd checked there was no confirmation of it being the same FIlgaia in every entry in the series).

Probably depends more directly on if Sega themselves wants to see Phantasy Star localized. Even if Atlus might potentially push for it, I don't think they'd be allowed to do so with Sega actually giving them permission.

I haven't played Odin Sphere on the PS2, but I do recall hearing people saying the dub job was pretty decent in the past. What I am curious about though is whether, for any new content that might need dubbing, did Atlus get the original voices back for it, and did they do something better than a "phoned it in" job (the way the additional English voicing in Tales of Symphonia Chronicles doesn't quite sound the same as the original work)?

Assuming it's the same quality as the PS2 version's localization, it should be fine. One nice thing about Odin Sphere is that all of the dialogue is fully voiced, so even if the translation did mess up some text, you could still get the original Japanese audio for all the story scenes.

Well, they did specifically go into audio here, but not really about mixing the two.
atlus.com/a-chat-w-atlus-staff-getting-sentimental-with-odin-sphere/

Oh nice, I don't think I heard that.

nnnnnnnnghhhh

Huh. Forgot my pics.

is that game in pc? or ami thinking of another croixleur game?

DT2. Think I'm at the halfway point for dungeons in the postgame. I'm poking at ways to optimize grind time to achieve Crown status since all the endgame bosses are unstoppable fucking demons. I also learned you can fight Maid-sensei. Had a hunch she'd be a boss. I can't put into words just how heartbreaking that is in hindsight.

Also I did a stupid and tested my best dmg cannon, first. She's 15 levels below where I previously had her. Replacing her is becoming a chore.

[spoiler]Heads up if you're Crowning a character: as far as I can see, it is +1 to all stats PER 10 levels at the 50 benchmark. So if you're level 50 and go back to 1, it's +1 to stats. Lv 60 is +2, Level 70 is +3, etc for up to +5 per Lv 1 reset. The highest you can get on it is +50, which gets you the Crown. Upside, you'd be strong as fuck. Downside, you have to revise your whole armor set. Anyone that's at least to the Eternal Hell dungeon will understand just how fucking expensive that is. Especially if you're doing any kind of Physical/Elemental Resist build. The grinding is savage and unforgiving.[/spoiiler]

Fucking LOVE this game.

Gun^Gal (holy shit this jumped in price in the last few months
Bullet Girls (D3 please publish this internationally)
Odin Sphere

Neptunia U. People were not lying about how short the campaign apparently is. I'll platinum it and then dig back into Shinovi Versus. NepU is fun, but not really deep at all.

I guess Atelier Sophie in two days. Though I do not want to hand NISA money for the collector's edition. Honestly I'll do without this time, and keep an eye out for the Vita Plus release, later.

And Blanc vs Zombie Army as well. Digital. Actually, a bit of help: I know there was conversation a while ago about the best kind of Vita cases. What do you guys recommend? My physicals are getting absurd and I'm sick of not having a proper place to hold them.

Fuck it. Too tired.

What are the best Tactics type games I could play while at work? Stuff like a FFTA or Fire Emblem.
I got a job at a hotel recently, and on my overnight shifts I have hours of free time where nobody is in there. Don't really feel comfortable playing Senran Kagura or Monster Monpeice during that time…

You looking for Vita specific ones, or also perhaps PSP and PS1 games you could get off the PSN?

Does anyone have suggestions shelving for Vita games that is cheap (do it yourself is fine) and space efficient?

Either way. Vita specific would be preferred (I have the system for Vita games, after all), but I'll take anything.

Hows Risk of Rain
Its the only thing that caught my eye in this special Other than Suck my Dick Chock on it

Finished DangItRonPaul today, just started 2 now. It's rather…different. I'm digging it though, I've just finished the Chapter 1 first round of FreeTime. Why is Mikan so good? Ibuki & Peko are pretty nice too

It's a damned-good port. Not to mention it's immensely comfier on the Vita. It runs very well. I've have 0 frame rate issue, and if I recall correctly, you can even rebind the controls.

I'm asking how the game its self is, not the port, thanks though

Ah my apologies.

Risk of Rain is an indie-pixel-platforming-roguelite that doesn't suck ass, unlike many others. It's actually enjoyable to play, has plenty of replay value with the other 11 unlockable characters. You start out with Commando, and each unlocked character has their own moves and styles of play, mix that with the ludicrous number of power-ups you can acquire (which can drastically change the way you play, for that run at least). It's pretty damned great. Its a favorite of mine to go back to whenever I can't think of anything to play.

God damn it. Are there any english subs on a mongolian physical version?

At the rate psplus offerings have been going I expect any consideration of ps3 or vita to dry up completely in a few months

Thank you, its pretty fun

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. I know I've been having my fun with it.

Well, I've heard good things in the past about Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time. Apparently it has a ton of different endings too. Might be up your alley. It's a PSP port of a PS2 game (the west never got the PS2 version).

I haven't played the ones for Vita, but Tactics Orge, War of the Lions, and Growlanser were all great and on Vita's store. I really want to play that Joan D'Arc game and there's quite a few more on PSP too. That system really had it going for SRPGs. As far as Vita, Natural Doctrine and Black Heart Noire seem hit or miss with people and the Luminous Arc game looks great, but was never localized. I'm not sure what else their even is in english, besides Xcom and minor shit like that. I wish I liked DRPGs as much as SRPGs, because there's tons of those.

Have you played the Vita port of Salt and Sanctuary? I pirated it on PC and liked it, but I'm waiting until I get a Vita to buy it.

Bump

Unfortunately, that's a negative. The mongolian versions only have mongolian subs. There's no asia-english version which means I have to pick this up on PS4, since my mem card is nearly out of space

The game drops tomorrow too.

My copy of Omega Labyrinth came in. Came with this DLC code for a lewd sword & shield.

I don't have a Jap PSN, so have at it.

It's apparently being done by the same group that did the Axiom Verge port, and that port took over a year, so you'll probably have to wait a while for it.

While the charity is commendable, I'll advise you now that they're actually pretty helpful gear, since if you equip both you get a bonus where 10% of the damage you do gets added to your cash, so it's a good way to save up money early on. Making a PSN account is free, and you'll want a JP PSN for other games I'm sure, so you may as well go ahead and make it.

Worth it. I just wish it would get a physical release.

Damn shame a cheeky game like that isn't suitable in the current localization climate. Have to give Matrix Software credit for taking a nutty idea for a game and rolling with it.

I do wonder how the game did in Japan though. Can we expect Matrix to stick to at least handhelds now, or are they likely to go back to just doing mobile ports for various companies like Square, the way they were the last few years

yeah, but you have to format your system/memory card just to change accounts, and that's a pain in the ass, even with being able to back it all up to PC. I appreciate the info, but I'm not gonna make a Jap PSN until I learn nip which may as well be never, since I've wound up failing my previous 2 attempts in learning as well. Hell, I barely even started those last two times. And the first time I made the mistake of taking it at a University. As much as I'd like using it, in addition to some of the other Jap DLC from another game or two, it's not worth that headache and time to me.

Yeah, GGDP was confirmed a good while back. At first it seemed Rice Digital would be their only distributor for both EU and NA versions, but Amazon has a listing for the standard NA version, and I know I've seen PlayAsia have the EU version listed too.

Well, it would appear at the time of this report from Gematsu, it sold approx 25,000 copies from it's first week of release alone. But I haven't seen any other numbers for it. But hell, it took spot #4, beating out even Animal Crossing Amiibo Party, and it barely lost to Atelier Sophie, both versions.

archive.is/EUJix

I just used some stupid browser extension thing to make it. Here's the source if you want to make a better one for the webm thread or something.

It's still going for close to full price, so seems to be doing well. Overall positive reviews on Amazon too. As one of the reviews pointed out, while it's a solid roguelike game and has all the usual stresses of starting from Level 1 in each dungeon and dealing with traps, you can raise the base stats of the characters to an extent in the groping minigames, and some of the traps give you the CG eyecandies which lowers some of the stress, so the ero complements the roguelike well.

Ah, fair enough, I just have a JP account and no NA one, so not clear on how that works and don't give up user, I'm still learning after spending more than 15 years on the language all told. You can do it

Any idea how readily playable it is without knowing moon? I mean, I suppose there's character interactions to be missed if you don't know Japanese, but still.

Out of curiosity, how long did it take you to get accustomed to there not being much of any spacing between words/phrases in written Japanese (aside from after commas and periods, form what I've seen anyhow)?

I knew it was coming, but I never knew it went through the ESRB. I figured it would pass with an M fine, but I was still worried about it, since you never know what people are gonna pull these days.

As long as you can do basic character/pattern recognition you should be fine, the story's not at all important in terms of knowing what you have to do, since it's basically always "clear the next dungeon." The main thing would be items, really.

I don't remember the amount of time, but I know it was around when I started properly getting into recognizing particles and learning kanji, since those end up serving as the "spaces" more often than not.

Well, I've gotten through stuff like Tales of Vesperia in Japanese before, but that one was rather importer friendly as far as gameplay goes (outside of needing some arte/skill translations), and as far as items go, the fact that the inventory was divided up into sections, as well as items having images with them helped. How's the inventory handled for Omega Labyrinth?

Split up into categories, weapons, shields, underwear, magic tomes, magic staves, potions, food, and the level up items. Items in the dungeons have icons indicating which category they go, but you'll only know that category - e.g. the weapons are represented as a sword, so when you pick up a weapon in the dungeon, whether it's a sword or axe or vibrator, it will always look like a sword until you equip it. The item name will make it obvious, but obviously that requires literacy.

Oh yeah, forgot one category, projectiles - you can pick up rocks and arrows to throw at enemies too.

Hmm. Are some enemies weak to a certain class of weapon damage (IE: blunt heavy weapons are good against plates, etc), or does all weapon damage count as simply physical with some characters only able to use certain types of weapons?

I suppose it would depends on the size, but while that sounds entertaining, I'm not sure how effective that would be.

Just physical and magical damage, but weapons can have advantages against classes of enemies as a skill inherent to that instance of the weapon, and through weapon fusion you can inherit those on to other weapons. Each weapon class just determines base damage values, as well as accuracy and in some cases hit radius. Any character can use any weapon/shield/armor.

The projectiles are as far as I can tell set to a specific damage value, so they're good for some enemies like the sheep monsters that have insane defense. The rocks can be thrown up to four spaces and the arrows shot up to 10, so range is a factor too.

Thanks guys.
I was looking at Growlanser (since I love Satoshi Urushihara) but that seems almost more Chrono Trigger than Fire Emblem.
How much character freedom do Tactics Ogre and FFT: War of the Lions offer? Classes and options to change between, or hire new dudes that I can grind up with different classes, that kind of stuff

XCOM Plus and Rainbow Moon off the top of my head.

no wonder the webm didn't have sound, because that video doesn't either.

Holy fuck….is kanji that ridiculous?

True true. But I know PQube was determined to bring it over totally uncensored and all. Which is a bit amusing to me that Rice Digital opted so hard to promote it, since (from what little I've seen) they're more on the liberal side of things. I don't mean full SJW/feminist, but they don't exactly strike me as neutral either.

But who cares, they're just distributing, they have 0 say in the game's content NISA should really be more like Rice Digital, merely as distributors and not localizers

It makes me only wonder what PQube will wind up doing next, Steins;Gate 0 aside.

Ohhh so that's how you kill those buggers. I hate they like running away as much as they do. I've yet to kill one. I'm on the B12 mission now, I'm dying to get Aina's chest up to D size and appraise an item and how do you get her chest to stay larger? Or is that story/general-progression linked? Can you get the other characters' chests to stay larger as well? Like, Saeri for instance

Wasn't XCOM Plus pure shit though? I'd heard it was abysmal to play on the Vita

Think of kanji like you would words in English - you're never going to know every single one, because even native speakers don't, you just learn all the most commonly used ones, and then figure out ones you don't know from seeing them used a lot and the context of the sentences, or by looking them up and memorizing them. I should probably also clarify that my methord of "learning" isn't anything worth subscribing to, it was basically putting in passable efforts in high school and college to get kana, basic kanji, and basic grammar, and then just playing video games and reading manga and watching anime and the like to fill in the blanks.

They're worth the effort since they give about 1000 Exp, just make sure you watch your stomach and the warning for the auto-kill enemy who shows up if you stay on a floor too long - if you see a message on the bottom with 生ぬるい風, that's a sign to just fucking get out.

Be ready, you're going to have your first boss fight on Floor 11, so be ready for that.

>I'm dying to get Aina's chest up to D size and appraise an item and how do you get her chest to stay larger? Or is that story/general-progression linked? Can you get the other characters' chests to stay larger as well? Like, Saeri for instance

Chest sizes don't ever perma grow, same as experience level they reset every time, it's part of each character's base stat set. Aina and Saeri are always base B, Nako is base D, Mirei is base E, and Marika is base F. While this means other characters have an advantage at the start of a dungeon and can reach their bust cap faster, it does mean that Aina is the best choice as far as raw stats go for longer dungeons, since she has the most potential growth.

Also if you're going for the different CGs, you need to get her chest to Level G, the CGs count chest sizes as such:

S(mall) - A
M(edium) - B-F
L(arge) - G-J
LL(XL) - K

K is the cap and when you hit you get a stat boost for the duration of the floor you hit it on on top of the other stat boosts you normally get for being a Level K. Each size category is what determines the CGs, so if you have an unidentified item or know there's a trap on the floor that matches your player (slowdown trap for Marika, pitfall for Aina, etc.) and you haven't seen that CG yet, go for it while you can so you can unlock it for purchase at Yumi's shop.

Can't speak for either of those, but I do know that with FFT: WotL, the official release has slowdown with spells compared to the PS1 original. A fan made patch exists that fixes it, but I'm not entirely clear if the Vita is at the point where you can dump a pirated and fanpatched PSP game onto it. Just saying since I know some people find it to be obnoxious without the slowdown removed.

I do know that Wild Arms XF (another PSP tactical RPG) has a fair amount of classes to it (some of which being rather unconventionally named), and you can hire Drifters to join (with the option to pay more to increase their starting level). You can also spend points to mix and match skills from different classes, letting them permanently have access to certain Originals and passive skills despite not being in the class it belongs to. The game's got a PSN version, so I'm pretty sure you can put it on the Vita. Might be up your alley, though I've heard people mention it can get pretty hard. Never given it a go myself yet though (much as I love the main series its from).

So do you keep a dictionary of Kanji around or something? Just wondering since I've heard that some of the component symbols that make them up aren't always representative of how you'd define the actual new word they're making.

Oh I get it!
All right. So it's basically just memorizing hiragana/katakana, basic/common kanji, and the grammar structures? Sounds feasible.

Yeah. I had the genius idea to stick around and seeing if enemies would keep spawning so I could farm them. I saw that reaper guy pop up and just knew I was fucked, kind of like how in Persona 3 when the Reaper would show up.

Aw. But with that leveling up thing you mentioned, it makes a lot of sense.

Ah okay, is it like that for all the girls then? Getting their chest size to G to get their CGs?

Also, what's the deal with the four color things? I get that 30 is 30 touches/rubs, 60 is 60 of those, and 99 is 99 of those.

I see. Interesting that they have their own specific traps though. I don't suppose there's a way to tell what floors contains certain traps? I remember seeing the pitfall trap on the B6 mission, but I avoided it. Though I do understand that this is randomly generated as well.

it kills me that the CGs are so expensive

The mainline games have always piqued my interest. I have the first one on my Vita even, just haven't gotten around to it. is XF a standalone/spinoff or would I need to play the other games to fully understand what's going on in XF?

Sounds like it'd be pretty hand either way

I mainly just use Internet dictionaries, gengo.com/wwwjdic/cgi-data/wwwjdic?1C and ejje.weblio.jp/ have served me well. Been considering getting one of those electronic dictionaries that're so common around here though. And yeah, it's not a 100% guarantee that kanji will always tell you what a word is supposed to be - 足, for example, is "ashi" meaning "foot or leg," which is also used for 足りる, where the kanji is read as "ta" for "tariru," meaning "to suffice, to be enough." It's reliable enough, to be sure, but always remember to look at context and look things up when in doubt.

That's what I did, and while I wouldn't call myself fluent by any means, I'm now at the point that I can hold normal conversations more or less in Japanese, albeit at times with somewhat unnatural choice of words, and certainly can get by living in the country.

Basically. There's 7 CGs total to look for, 4 for their traps, 3 for their paizuri-evaluations, with the latter getting only 3 because S size breasts can't do paizuri-evaluation so there's only CGs for M, L, and LL. Traps can of course be fallen into regardless of your breast level, but since the only way to reach S size breasts is to fall into the pettanko trap or to wear a Kunoichi bra, it can take a bit of effort to unlock the S size trap CGs. Also, because breast size only stays in the dungeon, you'll need to do paizuri-evaluations in the dungeon itself when a girl is at L or LL size.

Permanent stat buffs, each girl can go up to Level 30 in each color type. I've only found Blue and Green myself so far, with Blue giving HP, Spirit (精神, presumably magic defense), and their first skill, and Green giving Strength, Magic, and their second skill. Every level gives one buff, alternating between the 3 in turn, for a total of 10 buffs to each by Level 30. HP gets a +5 boost each time, the stats each get +1, and the skills get an extra use.

There's a magic tome that lets you see all the traps on the current floor, but obviously it's limited in use.

You'll be making that money in no time later.

All the Wild Arms games are stand-alone with callbacks and recurring elements (certain bosses, such as Traskk, for example), though there are a few that seem like they're potentially related due to certain elements (Wild Arms 3 in particular has a rather high number of possible points of connection to Wild Arms 1/ACF, namely mention of the demons with liquid metal in their veins (IE: Metal Demons) and the return of Zeikfried/Siegfried as a major villain). Aside from those, Wild Arms 5 gets more of a benefit if you play it after the prior games as, while the plot is standalone as usual, it doubles as an anniversary game and features a ton of cameos of prior party members in earlier games, who usually give sidequests or handle business.

I'm almost certain XF is stand alone as well (it's pretty much a side game since Media.Vision apparently wanted to give making a tactical RPG a try, since the rest of the series are full traditional JRPGs, or JRPGs with lite-tactical elements in WA4 and 5), outside of a few classes that seem to have their designs based on designs of the characters in earlier games (for example, female Emulators seem to have their design based off Emma from Wild Arms 1/ACF), but I don't think that's liable to affect anything.

If you haven't seen them, I can post the infographics.

So why would they use that kanji for a word/phrase it's not related to? I mean, I know some symbols outright have multiple readings or meanings, but would there be some other kana or whatever the simpler characters are that could read as "ta" and make the word? Just wondering why it's done that way.

In the case of "ashi/tariru" specifically the story I heard is that in ancient Chinese the words had identical pronunciation, and in Chinese kanji is used as both a phonetic and logographic alphabet at the same time, so they used the same kanji, and when it got brought over to Japan it just stuck onto their pre-existing pronunciations. In general, I think a fair bit of it is just leftover from before the language was more organized? It's also kind of a mess since kanji were thrown in later on, something like 1400 years ago, along with Chinese pronunciations, and it's not like anyone ever bothered to go and make a strict ruleset for the whole thing and then force everyone to speak that way.

That's pretty encouraging to hear fourth time's the charm, right?

Understood. I haven't really been paying attention to the item names, just the stat boosts they give, and whatever effects they may have. I'll have to start scanning bras though to keep an eye out for the Kunoichi one.

Ahh okay. And I know you need those little nipple-sauce-bottle things you find in dungeons to do that. Do they start showing up more often later, or are they supposed to be fairly rare? I've only ever found them one other time, outside of the first time you do it, when the game gives it to you.

I hope so.

I see, but no Wild Arms is a direct sequel to a previous one, aside from what you mentioned with Wild Arms 1 and Wild Arms 3. That's nice to know.

I'll have to try emulating XF sometime.

Please do.

Stop making me want to buy the 2014 remake because I insist on starting at the best beginning I have available.

I'd say so. No reason to give up, it's not like you're ever going to be "done" learning a language that's not literally dead like Latin. Even if they're borrowing words to make new ones, like "sumaho" from "smartphone" that's still new words and changes being made to the language to allow it to keep up with the modern world.

I'll write up a list of item names to keep an eye out for, but off the top of my head, avoid eating カビたパン and まるこげパン from the bread column and ネムリ薬, コンラン薬, ドク薬, and ワスレ薬 from the potions.

Way more often, which is good, because you need a ton considering it takes more to level up later, and you have five total girls. A lot show up on those isolated islands you can't reach, so keeping マグネットの本 on hand to suck items towards you is helpful for farming them.

I'd never thought about it like that before. That really puts it into perspective.

Screencapped, thanks user.

Great to hear

Ohhhh that was a thing? I was wondering how I was supposed to get that bra and panty on the island at the beginning. I liked being able to throw my junk items into that glistening pool for Omega Points too. I hope those show up more often, that's the only time I've ever seen one.

What is マグネットの本 anyway? Is it a staff or a tome/book?

Here you go; first one's been lightly updated since WA3 is now on the PSN. And yeah, as for connections:
Media.Vision has always been rather wishy washy on whether all Wild Arms games take place on the same planet, let alone the same timeline, or are all separate incarnations of Filgaia, which are always in either some ruinous state of slow recovery from catastrophe, and usually about to be fucked up yet again by the antagonists. And while the series had some lorebooks like The Fargaia Chronicle in the past, I'm not sure if those are still accurate.

Again, the idea of WA3 being a sequel to WA1/ACF is still speculative, but there's a good amount to hint at it. Also, with WA1 and ACF not having the best translation quality, it's possible there's more connections those that know moon could pick out. WA3's got a pretty good translation though.

Sounds annoying, but then again English is no stranger to having spelling/grammar rules with seemingly dumb exceptions that confuse non-native speakers trying to learn the language.

You will see those a ton too, and thank goodness, because your inventory is going to be overflowing quite often and it's a great way to make money.

It's a book, anything with __の本 in it will be, since that's basically "Book/Tome of __" When used it sucks all items in the room to circle around you.

Pretty much, and at least most of Japan's mess is just from one language interfering, whereas English is a clusterfuck of pretty much every European tongue at the time.

Not him, but マグネットの本 means "Magnetic Book"

…I'm dumb, it's more "Book of Magnets"

Why'd they adopt Chinese elements into their writing anyhow, aside from "know thy enemy" (considering I've heard Japan and China haven't been on the best terms throughout most of their history, I'd expect being able to read what China might have written was useful)?

Just gonna put it out there that you aren't going to need to take 15 years to git gud at moonrunes. About a year in I'm able to play shit like Dragon Quest VII in moonrunes.

RIP, didn't mean to create underline markup, was trying to use underscores to indicate a blank, as in "Xの本" is "Book/Tome of X"

The first actually makes sense in other contexts, but in this case the latter is better.

Essentially, some Buddhist monks came by around 600 AD or so, the emperor thought their writing was cool and refined and high class and basically forced it on top of the language they already had.

Recently, yes. Historically… it kinda depends on what you consider "China," since China was ruled for a while by the Mongols, who then proceeded to try and invade Japan only to get fucked over by the ocean storms there, storms that protected the island nation and were called by the Japanese a "divine wind," a name which would later become more famous in the West for it's association with suicidal tactics.

This, I was lazy as shit about studying and I've been playing games in Japanese for at least a decade now, I just mean that as I am now I've been learning for 15 years.

Yeah. I don't suppose your inventory bag ever expands?

> It's a book, anything with の本 in it will be, since that's basically "Book/Tome of "
Oh I see. Ayy i'm learning already
I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

Interesting
I could see the difference, but knowing that it attracts objects to you in the game, Book of Magnets makes it sound more like it's a book about magnets, instead of something magnetic to draw items to you.

Ohh I see. I didn't think it'd take 15 years to git gud at moon, but I did fear it would take 5 or more. Thanks for mentioning that user.

I've yet to see it. One of the other tomes you'll get lets you send items in your bag back to the locker at the school though, so you can use those to increase your effective haul. You can also do gear fusion in the dungeon itself, so if you find spares of the weapon/armor you want to upgrade, or pieces of gear with a skill you want, go ahead and do it on the spot.

In general yes, but then considering the context of it being a magical spell book, I would call it something like "Tome of Magnet"

I'm fairly certain i've done that on accident before, several times already. Is fusing in the dungeon any better/worse than doing it at the school?

Ahh okay. That definitely sounds pretty good.

Also one thing I've noticed is that, in terms of the main hub/menu part, it's fairly similar to Sorcery Saga. Rather, it just reminded me of it.

Which, since that's stiff, would likely serve better as "Tome of Magnetism" or something.

Though I wonder if that'd be considered a shitty liberal translation, since the Japanese is マグネット. That said, it's a katakana word, and the nips sometimes use English in some fucky ways.

I believe it's exactly the same, though I haven't gone extensive to check. The cost is close though. Paizuri evaluations, on the other hand, are a plus and minus - they cost 50 Omega Power to do in the dungeon as opposed to 10 outside, but if you do one in the dungeon, every item of that same name will be evaluated as well. In other words, if you evaluate a Tome of Magnet, all Tomes of Magnet in the dungeon will be evaluated as well. On the other hand, outside the dungeon, you will have to evaluate each Tome of Magnet separately. Obviously this means it's better to do it in dungeon if you already have 5 or more, but whether you'll get 5 or more of it is obviously luck. It's worth it I'd say if only to know what options you have available and what's worth saving to take home or throw into a spring to sell.

That'll be up to individual interpretation. Personally, I don't have a problem with "Tome of Magnetism," but I always lean more towards being as close to source as possible, and if need be I'd handwave in this case by saying "Magnet is the name of the spell, and the tome is just the tome that casts said spell"

Hm, interesting way of doing things. It makes both ways of appraising equally viable, nice.

Thanks for all this info user! It's been pretty helpful.

No problem user. I'm in the middle of a dungeon right now myself, but once I finish I'll sit down and write up a document with some of the more noteworthy item names to look out for for you, so keep lurking if you're interested.

I most definitely will! I appreciate it user

It's a pleasure to be of help

Especially to a gentleman possessed of refined taste.

What level of written characters does Omega Labyrinth even use anyhow? I'm guessing that if it was aimed more at adults they might have a lot of kanji in there, but if it was aimed at teens it strikes me that maybe it's some of the less advanced kind of writing.

It's not toning down the language for children, but it's about a cast of high school/college age girls, so it's not exactly going to be the most complicated language out there. All the story scenes as well as the flavor conversations on the side are voiced, and the log lets you go back and replay the voice clips so it's a good way to practice listening and learn pronunciation.

My dark-skinned friend of African descent

I would've posted a Zgok, since that's (arguably) my favorite, but Zgok doesn't have thumbs

I know I've seen some Kanji in the text i've skipped. I can't necessarily differentiate hiragana and katakana, but I know Kanji are usually a lot more…complicated looking. I've seen a good handful of those in the dialogs. unless that's Furikana(?) I've been seeing. I've heard Furikana is the worst to learn

Neat. Might look into it somewhere down the line. Though I do have to wonder if it's going to get more expensive to import in the future.

Both classy choices, but then most OYW Zeon suits are respectable in some form or another.

Furigana is actually just Hiragana or Katakana put on top of kanji to teach you how to pronounce them. You'll see tons of it in manga printed in Jump or otherwise aimed at younger audiences.

That's probably going to depend on the American Presidential election and how the whole shitfest with TPP plays out. Just keep your eyes open and grab what deals you can.

I suppose so, especially considering apparently the state department is blocking Shillary's TPP related emails from being made public until after the election.

Game seems a tad pricy on both Amazon and Playasia, but what's the shipping policies on the latter? Anything like "Orders over X price get free shipping" the way Amazon does at times?

With how hard they've labored to keep the TPP secret I wouldn't be surprised if they still keep them secret afterward.

Probably depends where you live - for Amazon I don't pay shipping, just the 324 to Kuroneko per delivery for doing a CoD transaction, but obviously that's not going to be the case abroad.

OK, that only took 4 hours holy shit I need to get my shit together. It kinda spiralled from just a "key words to look out for" and more general tips and observations since a lot of stuff is probably less obvious if you're not able to read. Hopefully it helps you and anyone else interested in the game! Also anyone with other observations/ideas please feel free to contribute, as well as anyone who wants to discuss choice of translations.

There are some performance issues and compressed sound, but generally speaking it's more than playable.

So, uh, you going to post whatever it is you made? I suppose if you tried to attach something, it didn't quite go through.

HA HA I'M FUCKING RETARDED sorry user

pastebin.com/ZQdMz90r

Judge for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=w2F4NA5E0Io

Thanks, saving that for when/if I get around to game myself. I'm sure it's likely to be useful.

Does the text in the game for story scenes and such stay on screen until you click a button to continue it, or does it auto advance?

No problem, hope it helps.

The text stays on until you advance for dialogue scenes, and you can access a backlog to reread the conversation up to that point as well as replay the voice clips for each line. The in-dungeon messages fade, but pressing Start brings up the play-by-play log showing the most recent messages. The only ones that totally disappear are the short lines during the groping games, which aren't very important for the most part.

Cool, thanks again.

Also, considering you (or someone else) earlier mentioned that first print mace and shield item combo being pretty useful, does the code for those have an expiration date to be input the way some DLC slips do? And any idea if what's available out there right now is still the first print, or have they moved on to doing a regular run without those now?

That was me, yeah. The code slip in question has nothing written on it indicating an expiration date. Amazon is selling a version with the first print code included as a separate item from what is presumably the "normal" version of the game, but I've purchased from them in similar circumstances before and still gotten first print copies. No guarantees obviously though. The price isn't that different, only about 700 en, but then from another point of view that could be interpreted as paying 700 en for DLC, so… yeah.

Are those items exclusive to the first print runs, or are they just obtained earlier than normal with the code?

Exclusive entirely I believe, considering they show up in a separate part of the shop labeled "DLC" and I've yet to see any indication of the special preorder weapons from specific stores.

While I suppose it (and stuff like pre-order costumes and what not that other various games have) aren't exactly make-it-or-break-it, it annoys me that with recent systems/games that do that it winds up feeling like if you get around to it late you're not getting the complete game you might have gotten had the system not had an internet connection or a store to tether DLC to. Makes me miss actually getting physical goodies with stuff. At least Atlus has taken to including full color artbooks for free with first prints of Vanillaware stuff out here.

Anyhow, I suppose I'll just have to see how much I can get saved up soon from spare change (got about $35 so far for whatever). Wish Coinstar still allowed for turning your coinage into gift card vouchers for places like Amazon, as that always helped.

I do prefer the era when video games didn't connect to the Internet for a multitude of reasons, but at least this isn't a particularly egregious thing, just a bit of silly fanservice really. The Denma Lance and Hip Shield combo is good early game, but you'll be dropping it before long in all likelihood.

That's just Vanillaware themselves I think, if anything Atlus USA seems to be screwing you lads over by only giving you a hardcover print of the artbook if you get the special PS4 edition, whereas I got a hardcover artbook free with my Vita copy.

Oof, gotta be tough not being able to pay cash on delivery. Good luck user.

Wait, Japan gets hardcover artbooks for free as first print bonuses? I suppose maybe part of the reason they opt for softcover here is since they actually bother to translate the character bios and designer notes (I assume they were all originally in Japanese) that adds to the production cost of running the artbooks in English.

Still, I'd rather get it in some form for free (especially still physically, not just a downloadable PDF)) than have the entire thing locked to the more expensive CE. I certainly liked Tales of Xillia 2, but I did NOT like how they took what was a preorder or first print bonus in Japan (the Yuri, Asbel, and Emil outfits; more interested in the first two though since Emil's outfit's not exactly appealing, but Milla could actually pull off the disco-knight outfit better than Asbel himself could), and made them CE exclusive in the west. Said edition having costed over twice what the regular release was, at $130.

Part of it is that I tend to just set a dollar or two aside here and there and let it add up. Helps that I usually don't buy all that much a year as far as new releases go (I tend to play a lot of older stuff), and with certain older systems like the PS2 and DS I can find worthwhile stuff cheaply still (and even the more expensive games can be found cheaply with some patience). But coinstar used to be a big help with being able to turn coins into Amazon cash, but apparently some higher up went "Oy vey!" at the fact he wasn't getting his cut (turning coins into gift cards was 1:1 with no fee for those, compared to there being an 8-9% fee for turning coins into cash) and now the machines don't do that anymore. Was nice while it laster, but I still haven't gotten the last game I was hoping to have gotten that way (Ys: MoC, since copies are pretty scarce locally despite it, to my knowledge, not being a rare game).

WHEELS- I mean, MONKEY!

At least clicking it still shows the actual image. But why has no one found a way to get rid of this glitch by this point?

We did for Odin Sphere at least. Bonuses are different for different games and publishers of course.

Understandably, and again, easier to do with CoD, as opposed to having to pay electronically.

Damned if I know. What even is that thumbnail, Ragnarok Online?

not surprised

Does Vanillaware self-publish out there?

Certainly looks to be an MMO of some sort.

Not to my knowledge, most of their well known games are either published by Marvelous or Atlus, plus Grim Grimoire published by NIS.

Huh, I'd forgotten about GrimGrimoire. Certainly explains how NISA got their hands on that one for localization, though I've never heard of any big complaints with their job on that one, at least from anons in "fuck NISA" discussions, though I don't hear much about the games they handled prior to AT1 and MK in general.

So Marvelous and Atlus have handled their stuff in Japan too? I guess it makes it an easier choice than normal for Atlus to opt to bring stuff like Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown over, but it makes me wonder how Muramasa wound up in the hands of Ignition here (who proceeded to botch the Wii version's translation) and then Aksys (who did much better). Was XSEED busy at the time, considering they're the US branch for Marvelous?

Where are you from that coinstar doesn't do this anymore? I just dumped money into a giftcard last week. Got like $65 in change towards Odin's Sphere.

Not familiar with XSEED, but Wiki seems to indicate they became Marvelous' US branch in 2013, which would be the year Oboromuramasa's Vita version, the most recent Marvelous published Vanillaware game, released.

Southwest US. Went in to one some months ago, only for it to give me a bigass error message saying that the action could not be processed (this, being after I'd already dumped my coins in). It at least gave me a cash voucher without taking a cut since it classed it as a machine error, and the next time I went in (maybe a month or two later) the option for gift cards was completely gone. Asked one of the customer service guys (who had their booth nearby) about it and they said that the option for it was being removed from all the machines. Considering they apparently have to connect to one of coinstar's servers or whatever to verify the amount before authorizing a gift card voucher (if memory serves; certainly seemed to take a while in the past to get those machines to actually finish up and print the vouchers), I expect maybe they shut the server down before actually disabling the option from the machine itself. But if you were able to do that last week, it makes me think either your area hasn't been affected yet (different servers maybe?) or they may have reverted after potential complaints. Not sure, but I haven't tried to use one since. Now I've just got a jar of loose change I use the quarters in to get drinks, since I can't use them for Amazon vouchers and I know no one likes people making purchases over a few dollars worth in quarters, dimes, and nickels.

Huh, so they were bought by Marvelous at that point? I suppose if they were already looking for a western publisher before that point, it's not like XSEED would have had dibs if they weren't the direct western branch yet.

No they mostly publish with Atlus unless they co develop a game

Tokyo Xanadu is getting an extended PS4 version now before we ever even got the regular game. Thanks, Xseed.

Damn, this is a big box. That is awesome. I wish more collectors editions did giant boxes.

Saw one of those when I was picking up my copy for the PS3 last night. Shame I can't really get around to playing much right now with my stuff packed up.

Jesus christ, didn't they just announce it? Holy fuck that's fast

Will probably be a synchronized release with Japan as well. But this Winter can include January-Mars of 2017.

I Forgot they also did a PS3 copy of the game. This is probably going to sit on my shelf for a while since I did also get the Vita, and I'll probably play it off my vita first.

I need to stop buying so many collectors editions and then not playing them.

Extella might get delayed until 2017 considering Nasu is the one writing the story and he's the only man sane enough to put a text heavily story into a phone game

Just woke up, Thanks for this user! It'll help out a ton~

I haven't had time to read through it all yet, but what's I have seen is great. I appreciate all the help.

The thumbnail is Tree of Savior actually. It's a spiritual successor-ish-sort-of-thing to Ragnarok Online. It's basically what Ragnarok Online 2 should've been, from what I've been told. I never played the original RO, so I can't make that sort of claim. I've played ToS some though, it's not shabby. Netcode is shit though, you wind up lagging and/or losing frames regardless of how good your connection or rig is.

unbox that shit nigga, lets see that art book!
please?

Nice! Of course that could mean as late as early-March of 2017. But still, sooner than I was expecting. I can't wait to get my hands on Extella.

I've been wondering, but it's probably not the best place to ask I know, but I can't find Odin's Sphere or Atelier Sophie on the PSN, I know most of you buy physical but any idea why ? UK PSN doesn't have either, not even pre command on my end.

You're talking about FGO ?

Yes

I can get pics of the softcover one if that works for you? Pretty sure they are the same. Might be later on unless I can get pics in at some point during work.

Maybe the PSN hasn't been updated yet for the week?

Looks like it shows it is there on my ps app

that's fine too, Im just curious as to how the artbook pages look

I'm still working through the story, I'm taking a break from the Library Depths to explore the upper levels of the Giant Tree. How far through am I, what's Crown status, is it possible to level reset to a point higher than level 30, and can you please explain what Dex and Agi are actually used for? I assume Agi affects my evasion, but I don't know anything besides Att/Def/Int and Res, and I didn't figure out Res until about five or six dungeons in when Maid-sensei finally explained it.

I imagine cost is the main reason. In addition to what you stated, they also have to print more books and distribute them to more locations for the North American release. The PS2 version of Odin Sphere sold 2.5x as many copies in North America compared to Japan, so maybe they're anticipating similar numbers for this release. I can imagine the cost of printing that many hardcover artbooks, so I guess I can understand that reasoning here.

(Reposting this without accidentally saging this time…)

Ireland better not fuck this up.

Does this mean forced dub?

He doesn't need to fuck it up the game is worst than SN 4 and its the worst selling SN game of all time since Scamco fucked up the game by having characters reject the MC or making them impossible to romance

I hate voice acting.

It sounded fine to me. I'm just worried about Gaijinworks. I though Namco would do this one themselves. There's a demo up in Japan if you want to try it.

I already played it the game, its the worst one next to 4 even 5 was better and it was limited as fuck.

It actually looks really nice too, even as the softcover version. Looks like a mix between character art and items and enemies and such.

I figured leaker wasn't lying. I just hope Akiba's Beat gets a real date and they confirm dual audio.

People on amazon seem to like it better. I'll give it a chance regardless though. I like a lot of games people say are shit and it's not like I'm drowning in SRPGs these days. It would be nice if Xseed didn't hate the Vita so much so Luminous Arc would've came over.

Demon Gaze 2 is confirmed for fall release (in Japan anyway)

I'd guess poor sales figures of LA1 and 2 on the DS, as well as the fact Atlus wouldn't even bring LA3 Eyes west might be making them a bit leery of it, maybe.

I don't know. I don't expect any Vita exclusives from them anymore. I wish someone else could just get the rights to Net High and Tokyo Xanadu and shit like that.

Did anyone else get a shipment delay today? My local Gamestop had a copy of PS4 Odin Sphere, but the Vita version hadn't arrived yet. Seems weird that they would ship separately.

This is actually an excellent idea since both areas give good EXP.

halfway through the game, but almost completely done with the primary story. There's still MORE (the True Ending), but that's in postgame.

Crown is the cap limit for stat boosts you can get from resetting your character's level to 1. To boost stats from the Reset Level function, your character HAS to be minimum Level 50. It's +1 if you reset at 50, +2 at Lv60, +3 at Lv70, and so on up to +5/Lv90. These stat boosts are permanent, and they cap out at an accumulative +50. So you have to grind your ass off for a character to get Crowned.

Your characters have to hit the milestones to reset to those levels. Those milestones are 15, 30, 50, and 90.

DEX - Accuracy of physical attacks (and some magic attacks I think, but don't quote me). Useful for anyone with a long-range projectile or a bow.

To be really short, AGI and SPD aren't useful in big quantities until the postgame. And now the long explanation:

AGI - used in calculations for turn speed & evasion (I think). There are actually several speed-related factors: Agility, Speed, Weapon Rank (A - F), and an invisible stat I think is called Technique Speed. Agility & Speed are your biggest factors in turn speed and recovery from techs & spells because they can be augmented with the blacksmith crafting system. Basically, to go faster, slap AGI or SPD onto your weapons & armor. Most augments are percentage-based, so the boosts get better the higher your levels go.

Note: SPD boosts from weapons/items DO have a cap. It's basically useless to have more than 5 SPD augments on your equipment—you actually won't have to worry hard about this until your 3rd postgame dungeon or so, however. Also, you can't have more than 1 AGI boost per equipment piece. You can, however, throw multiple SPD boost on an item. So your sword can only hold 1 AGI, but can hold 4 SPDs if you need it to.

And though you didn't ask, I'll throw this one in because the game actually does NOT explain this well.

This gets to be a big deal as it's the only way you're going to beat the big bosses in the postgame. You need good equipment on top of high character levels.

You can't craft more than two bonuses per piece of equipment until the postgame. At the postgame, you'll hit level 50 monster books and start getting level 30 items.

Lv 30 items - Possible to craft 3 bonus attributes on that item.

Lv 50 monster books - REQUIRED if you want to break the Lv 50 threashhold on crafting. Any monster book below Lv 50 will not break the threshold.

Ex: Longsword +39, and you have 6 sealbooks that are Lv 40. You won't be able to craft the item past Lv 49, meaning you won't get your 3rd slot.

Longsword +39 with 3 Lv 40 sealbooks and 2 Lv 50 books will break that threshold and give you the third slot.

I haven't made it to slot 4, but I know you get it at item level 75, and you'll need sealbooks level 60 and higher.

Also note: crafting is DAMNED expensive, so be sure to save and take care before blowing all your gold on a failed craft or a craft you won't end up using.

What is the best vita game which has both fun fast paced gameplay and cute girls?

I hope this turns out good. I'd love a new Castlevania successor type thing for Vita.

this looks great, when is it supposed to be released?

I think March 2017, but I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U and Vita version is a little later than the other versions. Besides Armature having a pretty good track record, hopefully, it will help us get more UE4 games if this works out though too.

No problem, feel free to ask if you need anything else.

Awesome, I better get back on finishing the first one.

You're fantastic, user. Also I just noticed that it actually does say what the reset milestones are in Lecture 8, so my bad for not noticing that.

I also remember something about preferred weapons, are those unique to the character or are they class-dependent? Am I at a disadvantage if I spec a character into a class that relies on a different style of weapon than their preference?

Today has been a based day. Storybook Edition is gorgeous by the way. I'm very happy with my purchase. Now I'm just waiting for my Sorceress fogure from Good Smile to ship so I can put her next to my Vanillaware games.

You can spec your characters according to your tastes. This doesn't guarantee you strong characters, though. Take this part with a grain of salt, because everyone is going to find their own strategy for what works for them.

Tsurara comes with points default invested in Katana Mastery, but the entire Ninja skillset does not complement the rest of the Scout skill tree. You can't use Weak Stab with a Katana, and Weak Stab is actually one of the better Scout skills as you can use it in junction with an Assassin's Murder passive to deal some nice dmg (for a non damage-based class) with a probable chance to KO.

As a Kunoichi, you have a choice of related weapons or non-class related ones. She can equip handaxes and also bows & whips iirc. Problem is a Kunoichi with a bow has only one special—Poison shot, which is a low damage and, to my tastes, doesn't do a high enough amount of fixed damage. With a whip, you have no special attacks. Katana locks you out of Weak Stab, which is great for interrupting chants and bard arias.

I do use Tsurara with a Katana build, however. My workaround is Barrage passive with Dual Wield and use a lot of normal strikes. Primary Katana's augmented with an instant-kill normal I got, speed, and critical. Secondary weapon has attack, Critical, and Speed. This way, I can actually stack the chance of KOing trash mobs.

ie: Normal strikes have the chance to instakill, and if she crits, it's a second chance to instakill in the same attack.

Trying to find a formula to similarly help out my Treasure Hunter, who just hit a wall (she's a bow build). Calls for a bit of reading on what skills do plus testing them out in low-level areas.

I've seen people use sword builds with Papillions, and the only strat guide on gamefaqs swears up and down about a late-game dagger that apparently is the ultimate Joker weapon, contrast from the axes and swords the class is built on. So there you go. Can't give you an extensive list. It really is about testing & seeing what works for you.

One more thing the sheepsmith doesn't clearly explain: watch very carefully the sealbook levels you use on on your Equip items.

If you're trying to raise the base stat on that item, the Sealbook you're using absolutely has to exceed the item's level. Example in pic related: The Shield is a +50 with a base defense of 64. In order to increase that stat, you have to use a sealbook that's level 51 or higher. Otherwise the base stat won't change. If you have a Lv 31 item, you need a 32 or higher sealbook to increase the base stat. For a Lv 18 item, you need a Lv 19 sealbook, etc etc etc.

Furthermore, far as I've seen, the base stat increase is not exponential the higher the book you use on the item. For my Lv 50 (64 Def), the increase is fixed no matter how high my sealbook level (a lv 65 sealbook yields the same increase as a Lv 51 sealbook: in this case, +6 for 70Def).

Keep that in mind. Sometimes, you'll be going for the bonus attributes, and sometimes you'll be going for just the base stats (the later being more common in the main game and former in the postgame). Keep a close eye out though and you can increase both with little trouble.

I did notice that, although I thought that the stat increase would be larger based on how high the sealbook's level was. I guess this also means I shouldn't hoard lower level sealbooks then? I've been holding on to a bunch of books from uncommon mobs that would probably be better off sold or enchanted.

Also, can you explain Soul Seal to me? Does it basically buff my sealbook effects based on my active puppets?

Digital DLC bullshit is worthless on a CE, honestly. Artbooks, CDs and other feelies such as figures are fine, but cosmetic shit is just stupid - hence why I skipped the Xillia 2 CE. I did get the Xillia 1 first run copy which came with a (smaller) artbook which was a really nice touch, however.

Advantage of having CFW is that not only I undubbed the games, but I also got all of that cosmetic shit (which is already on the disc, by the way). Including the JP only exclusives (these ones were actually not in the disc data.)

I'm now waiting for my Odin Sphere LE - can't wait to open that artbook.

Mind which ones you throw away. For instance, I have yet to run into a high-level monster with an Element Resistance stat—the last highest was Lv 45. That's what I meant by choosing sometimes between base stats and bonus slots. I'm running a Valkyrie tank with full Elemental Resistance and doing that meant skipping on base def increases. I'll update her armor when I finally find a creature to grind for the appropriate level and bonus.

Normally, a doll will get their bonus strengths based on your Soul Summoner's other pieces of equipment. Soul Seal is a passive that lets you stack additional bonuses based on the Sealbook, as well. For example, Spartan, Oracle, and Mercidian get boosts based on the ATK bonus attribute (merc & oracle also get bonuses off of DEX), as well as your base stat for your weapon. Catalina gets boosts from RES & tomes, and Musly gets boosts based on Int and staffs (i forget if all staffs are equippable for Soul Summoners).

The Soul Seal gives you even more boosts, provided you have a Sealbook with those corresponding attributes. So Physical Attack or Magic Attack won't boost (from what I've seen, though I haven't tested a lot), but ATK and INT will give them a boost. The more levels in that passive, the bigger the percentage boost.

Pic Related: My sealbook (Saturday Night Rider) gives me two clear ATK attributes so I'll get even more bonuses based on their presence. I'm rocking Soul Seal Lv 3 and plan on maxing it out when I get a chance.

Preemptively, brace for a serious fight when you encounter a SNR. It has one of the deadliest attacks in the game—a fixed damage attack that smacks for 777dmg every time, no exceptions, fuck your defense. This is also why one of the superbosses in Prizren is dangerous, because she's got one that hits far higher. Far as I know, if you let her cast it, it's game over for your party unless you've got a five-woman squad of Lv99 Valkyries.

Persona 4 Golden, and god it gets really boring. It has its moments, but they're few and far between.

To finish Persona 4 so I can play other games, like Dragon's Crown which I picked up a couple days ago while it was on sale.

Persona 4 if I can hold out for another five in-game months.

Muramasa Rebirth whenever it's on sale. Odin Sphere sometime after I finish Dragon's Crown and Muramasa. Maybe Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. The localization seems really bad. From what little I've seen, the translation accuracy seems fine at the beginning, but I hear they mess up some attacks and the localizers didn't seem to understand that "Bakemon" in certain cases was a shortened form of "bakemono" and didn't translate it accordingly. I thought about just playing the English version anyway since it's much cheaper than the Japanese version, it has Japanese VA after all, but there seems to be a lot of technical issues as well, such as multiple choice things not really being multiple choice, and everything with the texts and quizzes is fucked. So if I get it at all, it'll be whenever the Japanese version goes down in price (if it ever does. A year later and it's still 60 something dollars).

Also considering Gravity Rush. Might get the PS4 version whenever I buy a PS4, but I don't know, it's only 13 something bucks for Vita from the PSN. That's not including the DLC though. Is the DLC worth it? If it is, I may as well just wait until I get a PS4 since the PS4 version is just a few dollars more than the Vita version plus all the DLC anyway.

You get more side missions and costumes. Like a maid outfit. I would recommend the PS4 one though since it does play a lot better than the vita one and you can change the motion controls to just the joysticks if you want.

shit would be awesome

Yeah, I remember how with Xillia 1 they initially didn't even want to give us the Cress and Stahn outfits outside the CE either, until they opted to make a first print boxed edition that included it. I'd hoped they would have done so for Xillia 2 as well, but they didn't. Guess preorder figures weren't up to par for them to just include the costumes as is. Overall it just annoys me to see something that was otherwise free with purchase in Japan tossed exclusively into a pricy CE as if to be further incentive to drop even more money.

Hope you get your copy of Odin Sphere soon. I'm still having to wait until at least Saturday to get around to playing mine, and I technically got mine early.

Physical copies of Muramasa Rebirth aren't too expensive and would save you some memory card space if you care for that, and the DLC chapters occasionally go on sale too. That said, if you waiting for both of them to be marked down digitally, I'm not entirely sure when that will be. Looks like the last time the game got into a flash sale was in March, but the DLC wasn't included.

It's post-game stuff, pretty much. You don't need to play it during the main game, but it'll give you more to do afterwards.

The DLC I dont think has gone on sale since some point last year. Ive kept watch since the beginning of this year with no luck. I really want it, but I dislike DLC so I would much rather wait until it goes on sale to actually spend money.

Really annoyed it hasn't gone on sale yet.

X3:TC
Alpha Protocol
A couple of other games

Planning to install CoJ: Bound in Blood again after replating the first one a week ago.

Saving a few dollars for the steam summer sale and checking the one at GOG

Yep.

Tumblr is that way, you whinny 'deep' faggot

Yea about that DR2

Try to marathon the game without getting spoiled at all and ignore everything that makes you scratch your head. The ending knocks it out of the park and it'll all make sense.

I'm excited for Danganrising: Revengeance.

Yeah, I got the DLC myself during Aksys 10th Anniversary sale (I think) last year. Maybe they'll do similar for their 11th anniversary next month (provided it wasn't just a "big milestone" sale)?

Man, I hope so but I doubt it

The other issue I am now running into is that I just saw I can get in on the Bloodstained kikstarter still. And there is a backer level for a physical vita version. I hate kickstarting stuff but if I can get a physical game out of it that may not go up for retail release, I hate to pass that up. I did end up getting the Muv-Luv vita physical too. Hoping to hear more info about that soon.

NISA's bringing another Touhou game, but it has a Vita version this time too and it will be available physically.

Are they localizing or just distributing?
They're pretty okay with distributing, I won't touch it if they're localizing though

Damn, I was hoping the "Muramasa Rebirth Complete Collection" would go on sale eventually. Oh well, if it hasn't by the time I finish Persona 4 and Dragon's Crown and another game or two, then I'll just buy it for its regular price, 35 dollars isn't that bad (it's like, 45ish on the Japanese PSN).

I can't afford to get all of these, which are more worth the time and money.

I'm skeptical.

I imagine they'll be the one localizing it. It didn't say "in coalition with" or anything like that anyway.

looking pretty nice!
I'll have to pick this up when I can

My first mention would be the Senran Kagura games, beyond those, maybe Soul Sacrifice Delta and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, if you make female characters.

Freedom Wars is shit, don't waste your time or hard-earned shekels. Pirate DangItRonPaul on PC. Those other games are good though

What the hell is up with these Touhou fangames making it to sony platforms but not the actual core games? I'd kill to have an official copy of Embodiment of Scarlet Devil.

Bamco is the master of bullshit DLC. Just look at Idolmaster… that's something that even with CFW I don't care about trying out.

As for OSL… Delivered!
to my forwarder. I'm down at South America so I'll have it on my hands this Saturday, probably

Muramasa is one of the very few Vita games that actually make use of the goddamn internal flash memory in the gamecard. The updates, savedata AND DLC install to the gamecard, not your memcard.
This is pretty nice since you can easily continue your game on any system (you only lose trophy shit if the psn accounts don't match).
Only disadvantage is that you can't backup save data unless you use PS+ (or perhaps the failmail exploit).

What's wrong with it? Looked pretty good to me.

They did that for the Aksys sale I mentioned, I think. I remember they had the game and DLC marked down separately, as well as the "complete" version for people that needed both the game and DLC. That was the US PSN though.

Is that another one of the fan games?

Wonder what magical way they'll find to bug it up.

Yeah, I know they can get pretty fucking ridiculous on the DLC. I just miss the days where costumes and shit were all ingame as unlockables and such.

Guessing most places don't make a huge effort to bring you guys stuff directly. I'd hate to live in a place like that and like vidya.

Bless CFW. Too bad PS4 and Vita still have no way to patch games. If there was I would've undubbed P4G already.

I do have a few stores that specialize in gaming close by, actually. But I prefer getting stuff online since it's not that slow and I can get additonal benefits such as prime 20% discount.

It's not that bad, really. I made my OSL preorder on Monday, and it's already at my forwarder thanks to prime 2-day. Should get on tomorrow's flight, be here by Friday and ready to pick up on Saturday.
Besides, there are some perks. PS2 is still strong here, and you can get a modchipped console almost anywhere. Want a R4 for your DS or 3DS? You can get one very easily, too.

No. This isn't right.

I heard they're going to be bringing the most recent official fighting game to the PS4 soon.

So essentially it's still Japan exclusive, because only cancer would ever give those fucks money.

Is anyone else seeing free Grand Kingdom on PSN? The demo for the PS4 version is out, but the description for the Vita version makes it look like it's the full thing. Downloading now to find out.

That's the kind of shit that partially invalidates the whole point of physical copies. Fuck.

It's a demo.

I'm about 10 minutes from just saying "Fuck it" and updating.

toppest of keks

I don't know why the fuck NISA thought it was a good idea to blast everyone on their PR list with a free code right before E3, but this shit is hilarious.

I started fucking with Soul Sacrifice Delta again and I'm not sure I'm understanding everything. Is there a good starters guide or something? Also, am I supposed to care about this Sortianna chick I just met. They talk like something so tragic happened, but my experience with her is pretty much her yelling "You better not think about saving it!" over and over.

Gamecarts include updates for whatever they need. It would mean feeaf8 will lose his exploit methods, however.

I've heard people before say NISA are complete whores when it comes to getting press coverage and reviews. Doesn't exactly surprise me.

That was probably me you saw say that.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was. Still, I'm not entirely sure what point there is in sending an outlet more than one code. Unless the idea is that everyone's going to have to do a separate review (I've seen some places in the past get multiple looks at various games by different reviewers; think RPGfan has three or four official reviews of Shadow Hearts, for example)

It's not about outlets, it's about sending everyone on their PR list a code for the best coverage. They've done it in the past, so it's not really surprising, but it's still funny how everyone on their press list in that mumble meeting got a code.

Still, how much good does it do to have more than one person from a place on your hit list if there's more than likely only going to have a single person at the place reviewing it? I mean, I would assume a higher up would make the most sense to send a code to, and they'd distribute it to whoever volunteers to do (or is assigned) the review. I guess sending everyone a code certainly gets them talking about it around the office (so to speak), but still, if the review is more what they might be after, adding that many people from one place doesn't seem like it would help.

Then again, I'm not a reviewer or journo, so maybe I'm just not getting it.

Oh okay, maybe this Sortiara girl won't end up so useless after all. I just beat the first chapter and it seems like I'll get some backstory.

Freedom Wars has an issue with a lack of enemy variety. The game is like Soul Sacrifice, and I think Mon Hun I still haven't tried that, by having a focus on taking down big enemies, but it doesn't have nearly enough enemy variety to justify the style they went with.

You can ride Otton in this game.

BP (Binbin Power—Erect Power) is an Otton-exclusive status. Otton’s charge gauge will accumulate from your commands.
By accumulating BP, you can release Otton’s natural power in the form of a special move known as Otton Gun.

i really hate that damn mascot, couldnt they go for something less shitty? i dont know like a mushroom?

I for one enjoy hearing Sugita voice a penis shaped seal.

MonHun is great, huge variety of monsters to hunt down and strip for new weapons and armor. Combat is fantastic with a large variety of weapons and combos.
I wont waste my money on Freedom Wars then.

archive.is/RGEV2

I'd be kind of upset if I were Japanese fans. And I really, really wanted this game when it first came out.

the voice is nice, specially when he gets bullied

It's funny how they're trying to use the paid dlc on the Vita version to get people to buy the PS4 version. They're depending on people wanting to play both versions, I guess.

I picked up Despair Girls a couple days ago and I'm having a really hard time motivating myself to play it, I loved Danganronpa 1 and 2 but the characters in AE are all just so fucking boring. The only one who's interesting at all so far is Toko and even she'd be a lot more interesting if Syo wasn't relegated to a gameplay mechanic that never gets used. The kids are just such shitty uninteresting villains and to top it all off their theme sucks.

Keep at it, you got some 'lite' RE4 shootan elements and things get interesting in ch. 4 onwards where you learn about the past of the characters involved.
Also, the amount of events that led up to this game are quite fucked up - surprisingly enough, NISA didn't censor it at all (probably because Spikechun was on their asses).

Toko fucking sucks. How could that be your highlight when you almost get to see Komaru's pantsu in her apartment?

fucking VNs

VNs?

Being a Gundam fan is suffering, mostly

force is garbage. do yourself a favour and get full boost

yeah

VNs

Already have it and I NEED MORE.

It'll bomb and get ported to the Vita, so I'm not too upset.

This game just looks better and better every time I hear/see something about it

Man I hope there are plenty of others.

Monster Hunter is the best "hunting" game for a reason, I mean it invented the genre, well, sub-genre. But right now it's only on 3DS, unless you pick up Freedom Unite, which is pretty dated. Portable 3rd, which there's an english patch for, can be emulated and plays much smoother than FU, but has no G-Rank.

Speaking of DangItRonPaul, I'm glad to hear UDG isn't tainted by NISA, but is DIRP2 affected in any way? The way Nekomaru screams about having to shit all the time, and all the "lel vidya game references" got me a bit leery. I'm glad Chiaki isn't a bazinga-tier "gamer", but still. Of course, if this is all in the Jap version, it's all still fairly silly. I can dig the self-referential humor though, taking jabs at DIRP1, like with "(Improved) Hangman's Gambit" and the like. I find it a bit off-putting how this one doesn't seem as serious as the first though and what the FUCK is with Nagito? I already figured out for myself that Nagito Komaeda is an anagram for Makoto Naegi, that was piss easy. I really hope this isn't some lame cop-out to say Nagito IS actually Makoto. Which wouldn't make sense to me, since in the poster and such for DIRP3, Makoto is clearly, well, Makoto. Can anyone explain without spoilering? If not, don't bother, since I've been playing DIRP2 blind, unlike DIRP1, where I watched the anime first.

Do yourself a favor and at least import the English-Asia one, save yourself the memory card space.

Thinking about it, but then that means having to swap PSN profiles for DLC and such and that is 64 GBs of pain in my ass…

All you need to know about Nagito is he's the best character in the series by far and the game gets a little less silly from chapter three onward.

Can't spoil the stuff about Nagito, so just go with it.
NISA did fine with 2 mostly thanks to Spikechun again. There are a few loose typos and one particular instance of text leaving the window, but that's it.

I wish there was a Vita port. 4U and MHX are the tits.

A vita MH would be fantastic.
Although the possibility of having the multi trapped behind the PS+ paywall makes me sweat.

Isn't paid PSN for online optional for some games? Capcom would probably do it anyway, but that would fucking suck, especially considering how much replay value is in multiplayer alone.

It only ever seems to not be required on F2P games, from what I've seen.
PS+ was a mistake.

Gundam Breaker 3 doesn't require PSN+ in the Japanese version tough shit if you buy from the SEA version

I believe it's only a PS4 thing, not a Vita thing. is right though, PS+ was a terrible idea as was it's Microsoft counterpart.

All right, thanks, I just finished chapter 2, so I'm looking forward to it.
He seems pretty crazy, but what you've said gives me a feeling everything he's been saying will may perfect sense at the end or something

A few typos or poor-word-wrapping I can forgive, since there's no injected memery or bullshit.

bump

Having not heard the game before, I've got to ask: For that otter guy's voice, do they have him do a voice that fits the size of the creature, or do they pull some sort of "SoD English Taupie" with him and have him have a really deep, gruff voice for hilarious dissonance between how he looks and sounds?

youtu.be/bKtzGQSm4vo?t=47

Judge for yourself

Vita has no PS+ paywall. The only thing it gives you, beside their shitty games is cloud saving, which is pointless for most people anyway.

he looks like a cute underage pink seal, but talks like a grown up perverted male. That gets horny, mad, sad, etc in the most exaggerated way.

And here the roguelike truly begins I'm so fucked

Does that mean even equipment/weapons too?

Vita may be getting 999 release alongside Steam's release?

archive.is/AlHV8

This would be pretty great, having the entire trilogy on Vita. I have to wonder if they'd spruce it up for the Vita/Steam releases though, since the DS sprites/sounds are fairly dated in terms of quality. I'd be kinda miffed if the Vita version was digital-only

Yep, only things that are identified are breads and the Mikes that give 100% hit rate for a floor.

Out of the Zero Escape games I've only played 999 - how would they deal with some of the mechanics related to certain puzzles and narrative elements when you've only got the one screen to work with?

Yes! I was hoping that would happen!

I've yet to play any of them, but I'd think it would be even easier to get the games to work on Vita than PC since you can easily rotate the screen and stuff.

ah, I meant to say, does that mean you can't take equipped weapons/gear?

That I don't know. Which I think is why it'd have to be a redux of sorts. You definitely gotta play VLR Zero Time Dilemma drops in 18 days too!

Is it possible to downgrade a Vita's firmware? i thinking about buying one from my local pawn shop but every single one of them is updated to the latest firmware.

I just want to be able to play PSX and PSP titles until the Vita gets completely "hacked".

I'm not too sure user. Vita's CFW/hacking scene is pretty much dead, from what I understand.

You don't know what your a wishing for, I'll give you a hint you're wishing for shit to come out.

time for a new thread

Here:

Not unless something changed. It's always been either do that and ignore online stuff and trophies or update and only be able to play ones you buy on PSN.

I still wanna give them a shot. I kind of doubt I'll like them as much as Danganronpa and I'd rather have Punch Line translated, but there's such a shortage of VNs in the west that I'll pretty much take anything resembling one. I just love things like that on Vita. Those types of games almost seem like their meant to be played laying in bed.

Pics related. If you have trouble understanding, the picture shows only one page of eng translated vns that start with A.

999 is just insulting, compared to ronpa its dr jekyl and mr hyde of vns without the unfair challenge part.

:^)

I obviously play VNs on PC, I'd just rather play them on Vita. Unfortunately, I don't have a laptop bed desk like that hospitalized girl. Some I'll always be stuck playing on PC (since Sony and everyone act like such fags about AO games), so I've been thinking about getting a windows tablet for VNs. I'm pretty sure you can get ones that will play any VN just fine for like $60, but I'd hate to buy one and find out otherwise. It just seems pathetic to me that we can't even have things like Clannad on Vita here.
PQube should be announcing another VN soon. Hopefully, it's Eve Burst Error R.

Still, that's not the reason to eat shit.

Get a PSP.