Reading manga about people playing an mmo

Why ;_;

Other urls found in this thread:

nanodesutranslations.wordpress.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cuz MMOs are trash tbh fam.

I just want a game outside Atelier i can craft potions and stuff.

Because if you allow the players to control the ingame market from the bottom, with the trash pot crafting, to the top ,with the +10 swords of anal devastation, the normalfags would get bored and leave. This is not profitable. Only the most hardcore autists will play the game then.

This is why devs add enemy drops for gear and NPC vendors with infinite stocks of health potions which make crafting profession meaningless since any retard can get their goods by bashing that one shit mob for an hour or ten.

Ultima Online will never be back.

Maybe its because i play games like monhun and atelier but i want that autism.

Imagine an mmo set in some fantasy frontier pioneer setting. no large established stores or anything, relies entirely players discovering uses for items and crafting.

muh dik.

Sorry you missed the original Ultima Online and Ragnarok Online. These kind don't exist anymore. MMO are all just glorified coop games with bad combat.

a-at least FFXIV is making potions relevant with deep dungeons, r-right?

You missed lineage and RO times, uh
ToS have merchant classes but I don't know if they are actually useful

Its sad Holla Forums no longer has tales of epic jewery in mmos beyond "i undercut to troll xD" or "i sold a worthless item for loads of currency to an idiot"

All the merchant vendettas are tears in the rain now.

the ToS developers regulate the market with price floors and ceilings so you can't compete by undercutting or flipping items. Theres also trade restrictions.

Basically all modern MMOs are communist.

They added the Grand Exchange to Oldschool Runescape.

Jagex fucked up at maintaining a legacy version of a game, to the point where many want a legacy version of a legacy version.

Sorry I just had to unload somewhere and this is somewhat relevant.

No wonder mmos are popular in eastern europe and not the middle east.

y cant u reed a norml mang.io

theres layers to this moeshit.

No it's a shit WoW clone that died after it's first expansion which has no content.

You didnt walk into a door and its not going to be better like the good old days user, hes no good for you.

Try Runescape in about six months. They're going to overhaul Smithing to make it useful again. They'll probably do the same to all of the other crafting skills.

Will runescapes gf market se a resurgence?

What? Also FFXIV went 6 months after an expansion dropped with no content, and the content they finally added was shit and just copy pasted of old stuff as new. Now it's coming up on a year and they still haven't gotten anything big content wise. FFXIVfags who think their shitty no-content themepark MMO is better than WoW is hilarious. Both games are dead and hardly have added anything after their expansions.

Uh huh, not a butthurt wowdrone, sure. colour me utterly convinced.

In GW1, while everyone was scrambling to fill up their Hall of Monuments, I just wanted to get the baseline points for GW2. I was in Sunspear town trading materials for armor sets. A sleepy player accidentally paid me 200k for something that was worth 20k. I don't remember. It was the best feeling in the world. He was salty for days.

Too bad GW2 sucks.

play eve online

Economy is an important part of the market sadly.
Making shit isn't good enough when everyone can just make shit since it doesn't take years of practice to learn how to make a nice fucking table like in real life so competition is brutal.
Even today people like carpenters and other crafts have a rough time due to industrialization.

What?
FFXIV IS better than WoW, WoW is a sinking ship while FFXIV is only growing.
Let's be realistic here.

check

also int he manga you show: he is making this kind of thing because he use "sense" that no one use.
thus he is unique.

Maybe that's true, I doubt it is though I'm sure it'll be another diadem gimmick thing that's terrible and nobody will play again after the week it gets released. If so that took them what? Nearly a whole year to finally add some real content since the expansion dropped? You're still gonna pretend your MMO is better than WoWs? Their both shit and it's hilarious that you think yours is better. You've been paying $15 a month and you paid an expansion fee to finally get some content a year later.

It's like comparing two piles of shit user, their still both shit at the end of the day.

You could had said that instead of just going WELL WOW IS BETTER when everyone is fucking jumping ship already.
MMOs are pretty much wasted potential: the genre, WoW pretty much killed it in the same way Halo and CoD doomed FPSs.
The good thing is that the MMO gold mine has been shifting to mobile and ASSFAGGOTs to the point people are even making ASSFAGGOT FPSs now, so at least the genre can finally rest in peace.

Well, at least FFXIV at least got content unlike the Blizzardrones.

Face it, FFXIV is better, it's not good, but it certainly is better than any of the shit Blizzard has been serving their fans in the last 10 years.

I never said WoW was better. I just said I find it funny that FFXIV think their MMO is so much better. It's like their bragging about how much better their pile of shit looks to another pile of shit.

the phrase 'moving the goalposts' gets thrown around a lot on Holla Forums nowadays but god damn.

It's embarrassing, truly. The free market economy they succeeded in creating was the real appeal of the game. You have to take the low points of a system like that (scamming etc) with the high points, because without the low there is no high. It's amazing how many developers just can't grasp that.

You're acting like the updates are good or add anything of worth. Most of it's just copy and pasted stuff. Like diadem. Even this latest WoW expansion launched with more raids than FFXIV had in half a year. So yeah you got updates, but it took you half a year to even catch up with the amount of content WoW's latest shitty expansion has. Clearly the signs of a great MMO.
Stop pretending your shitty themepark is so much better, it's still shit user.

-gets regular updates
-you are moving the goalposts now
outstanding. With the smug anime girl wombo combo, keep going this is gold.

It's not though, I never said they never get updates, I said ffxiv expansion has no content which is true. Any "new" content is just copy pasted. Even Diadem which was supposed to be the big new thing ended up being copy paste normal enemies and give them bigger health pools. You sound like WoWfags who said the update that added the selfie update was content. You keep on going on about moving the goal post though since you can't seem to read, hell you still think I play wow which I don't.

I don't play WoW but it's a fact they launched with more raids than FFXIV expansion had in 6 months and took you 9 months to finally have more. Only brought it up since you seem to think FFXIV has all this amazing content in the expansion :^)

You sure have moved your goalposts a lot since this whole thing started user.
It's ok the genre is shit as a whole but face it, FFXIV is the best MMO in the market, WoW is pretty much garbage now.

Not really?
I mean fuck you pay 15$ a month for shit.
Modern Runescape, and FFXI are both shit because subscription fees
WoW is super shit because sub fee, AND a cash shop.

Literally almost every stupid K-MMO is better. Age of Wushu is better, let that sink in. Age of Pay 2 Win was a better game than FFXIV.

Wait, when did they add in the option to open a shop?

My biggest dream for an MMO is to be able to adventure for a while, earn a decent amount of money and build and open up a tavern/inn along a major road. Have to get trade routes with other players set up in order to continue stocking, rent out and manage rooms to other adventurers, flirt with neckbeards in order to get them to keep coming back even as I raise my prices… Then just bail on it all after a while and try starting back up on the other side of the world, without saying anything to anyone.
But no MMO will ever let this happen, and that makes me sad

No. Even shitty MMOs like Runescape, Tera, and BDO are better and you don't have to pay $15 a month to play.
Also what goal post have I moved, please point it out instead of just saying buzzwords like it means anything. I've said since the start that FFXIV has added no real content since the expansion, and I've stuck by that.

I actually hated it, hence the "let that sink in" part.

I hated FFXIV but it is by all measurable means way better than WoW and F2P MMOs.
But yeah
I also wish there were less themepark garbage out there but that'd be like wishing FPS games stopped being casual console tier garbage and RTS stopped being ASSFAGGOTs.

It just ain't gonna happen as long as companies are greedy jews, why should they risk it instead of settling with the lowest denominator?

i miss ultima online. apparently ultima online is still around, does anyone know if its any fun now?

Not really.
It has an awful tickrate that hinders the actual gameplay. Tab Targeting (if you care about that). Mediocre lore, and RNG based crafting, Fairly easy because it's gear based as opposed to skill based. Updates every 6 months that add questionable amounts of content. Had interesting ideas with the Fate system, but endgame falls into the tired old "grind the same dungeon ninety times to get 'fragment of thing' to make your own thing". That or Atma grind, fuck whoever thought of that.
ontop it's also a 15$ a month sub fee.

Like fuck, lets take a look at some random KMMO F2P garbage. We got… Vindictus, and TERA because those were the first things that I thought of. Oh right age of pay 2 win too

Age of Pay2win: Real time combat based on blocks/breakers/damage, fairly in depth combat system that works well…until you realize that basically everything is paywalled behind literally 100+ hours of grinding. It's basically a second job and to be a free player requires about 4 hours of playing a day in order to not be completely outclassed, completely player based economy too. TOO BAD FREE PLAYERS CAN'T GET THE "unbound (player)" silver with any frequency outside of selling things at greatly deflated prices to paying members. Still at it's core works unlike FFXIV which what the fuck is that tick rate Square.

TERA is slightly pay 2 win because of dungeon entries, runs decently without a horrible tick rate, RNG based "enchanting" and new dungeons every bit (usually around 5-6 months). On the easy side because it's reactionary and gear based. You have your dodge Iframes, bosses can get fairly complex.

Vindictus: Real time combat, piss easy because >28 dodges with a 5 second recovery time and 400 hp potions. Pay to win as fuck. Updates every 5-6 months usually with a new class recently anyways.

I mean just based on that, update schedule is about the same, all are fairly easy, but there's one thing that FFXIV has that the others don't. A horrible fucking tickrate and a flat sub fee.

i tried the official servers, everything is item based now so basically a bad diablo clone. Also because of item insurance and trammel the economy has experienced hyperinflation (good luck buying anything from other players as a newbie)

For a more authenticish experience lookup thesecondage or rennaisance servers. The popular servers have populations between 100-400ish last i checked.

This has to be the most pathetic genre of fiction in any medium

There's one thing you're forgetting too.
FFXIV content design blows the shit out of everything else in the market.

not really? Diadem and atma grind exists, your argument for "stronger" content is null and void
It has decent music, but awful fucking tickrate.
I mean look at A3S vs A4S.
A3S is difficult only because the tickrate is so fucking horrible.
A4S which should have a really fun hard mechanic that involves 2 members swapping a damaging DoT to destroy items is completely invalidated because you have one retard run through 3 of the items at once because the tick rate is so bad it won't recognize it until he either stops or 8 seconds later.

MMORPG mangas are about what MMORPGs could had been and probably were before WoW sunk the dreams and hopes of the genre to the bottom.

Fixed for greater accuracy.

Now compare that to all the MMOs you listed and what dungeons are like there.
Your only argument against FFXIV is "the tickrate is bad" when all the other games are inherently flawed by the korean complete lack of grasp on how to design anything.

Fuck you, generic MMO, if I want to be a bard with specialization in hand-to-hand combat and recovery magic, I should be able to. Not only that, each of these should have synergies between them. If I were to learn recovery magic and comprehend it, I should be able to apply that to my melodies. If I were to be a strong as fuck punch-man, I should be able to figure out some targeted songs to improve that, as well as targeted recovery magic to keep my fists in good shape. My healing spells should take the shape of a fist, in the most synergy of synergies.

There is fanfic of pewdiwpie and markiplier playing five nights at freddies together.

contemplate this bullshit.

"probably were"
There was actually a massive problem with older MMOs is that they bled subscribers. Especially as the market became more bloated there was a need for one that would have a more retain-able subscriber base.

Okay, lets compare that to TERA then.
Tera has… shoot it's been so long since I played it. Well lets talk about Bathysmal Rise because that was the newest when I last played.
The first boss was a turtle, that broke rocks that had poison vents (which would uncover themselves after a set time and shoot poison, members could either cover them back up with rocks, or Iframe the poison wave every 20 seconds), randomly targeted people with AoEs, summoned adds, had a dedicated "DPS me or wipe" mode, had poison that healers needed to cleanse, and… 2 other bosses that aren't needed for the point of this, but they're about the same level of stuff going on.

Now then lets compare that to FFXIV's Sephirot EX fight. He has a raid wide hit, summons 3 adds that you need to kill (storm of words), damage circles that split damage, knockbacks, pillars, and AoEs that target people. Irratating rock music too.
It's also much more passive because it's just a more passive game than TERA is, due to blocking and all that other nonsense.

So it's literally the same outside of music.

oh sorry that was only hard mode. I forgot the progression of difficulty in FFXIV

I'd hate to break it to you user.

sorry left off it being RNG based blocking as opposed to active blocking

Nigger I mained as baraka lancer let's not pretend shit that was ACTIVE blocking here.
Anyway, is fucking nice how the new classes can tank while outdpsing the DPS to the point people just do all the game content with just a whole party of tanks and no healer faster than any other configuration.

Great fucking game right there.

Seriously, how fucking retarded do the devs have to be to make something like that?
Not even DKs were ever that fucking bad the Brawler situation is just beyond fucking stupid.

when i played starwars galaxies the crafting was completely player based. the only way to get good gear or ships was if someone made them. shipwrights were swimming in credits.
player cities and decorating your home became a competition so everyone always needed money to buy things.
it became so meta that people had to get 2nd accounts just to make merchants driving hte economy.

Haha, you didn't play a baraka lancer, the sheer hatred for baraka lancers was extreme in that game. Less backstep range, worse movement from all your abilities, shit was hilarious.
And it is more active if you're not shit at the game. You had to toggle your blocks in between your attacks to make sure you were keeping aggro, and even then it's still more involved than "RNG decided you blocked it".

But yeah brawlers were OP when first released, it's been toned down supposedly.
But even with that, it's still a better game than fucking FFXIV.

You just have a huge hate boner for FFXIV, let's leave it at that.

I think you need to make a new word to describe that since OP doesn't cut it.

its worse than i thought

Fucking Log Horizon.

Good defense there, I can see why you were a tank who thinks blocking should be moved to an RNG based chance.

Tick rate's awful, fights have all been done before, music's literally the only point you can say the game's good on. The Lore is mediocre, the subscriber fee, the initial fee, horrible optimization, god awful tick rate.
Literally the only thing it has on WoW is that it doesn't have a cash shop and you can decide to not just AFK and wait for the Duty Finder/Roulette to get your tombstones/whatever they're on now, and instead level sub classes.

Holy fuck though brawlers were OP, seriously who thought that was a good idea. Then again so were gunners, the 4 gunners 1 tank setup was optimal during their initial patch and that's only because the tank needed to keep the boss facing away while they healed themselves in a robot circle jerk.

Blocking was a joke in Tera.
So was the content, I never felt challenged even for a second.
If you want to see good game content you'd play Wildstar or FFXIV.

That's why.

okay you trolling?
The content in FFXIV was fucking awful (see diadem or Atma grinding)
and wildstar was fucking atrocious as well (see any of the fucking raid requirements, Hard Protostar games)

The raids and dungeons were damn well designed in both.
TERA was a joke in terms of content, the real time combat was great, shame there was no use for it due to how bad the content design was.

Wildstar was too hard to be popular, everyone in the endgame was dying all over the fucking place, it was a matter of time before it died due to how buttmad everyone was at how terrible they were at vidya.

no such thing as ganky griefbox MMO, this is a myth created by the blizzdrones.

Well, now I'm reading this thing too.

Got any others?

My point was that that's why making sandbox MMOs is so hard so there aren't too many of them. ArcheAge in higher level zones got pretty close to that though.

It would need a system that requires cooperation from players to make an MMO where there would be a working economy. Sadly not too many people seem to want that. They want to solo grind and then show off their gear at the capital. That's why sandbox MMOs are a niche for the most part.

… AS3 and AS4 exist you know. One's difficulty is neutered by it's own horrible execution and the other has fucking Hard Protogames.
like shit son

Nigga theres mmmangos for days.

and TERA had walks in the park all over and absolutely terrible design in everything that wasn't fanservice and armors.

I actually like feeling challenged in games instead of just feeling like I was playing a walking simulator, that's why I couldn't enjoy TERA.

Except you don't feel challenged in FFXIV either.
Oh look this boss is following this specific pattern, time to AFK and mash out my rotation until 30 seconds later where I'll have to move to or from a big circle.

Also you never got to endgame in TERA did you, that shit was just as difficult if not easily moreso than fucking FFXIV's carpet fun.

That's just not right though, since I could use my gf as a measure of how easy it was by gauging how much she died in both games.

I can use Brazilians too. Both hit and bead endgame and they're fucking BRs

Pretty much how all of ffxiv bosses are. It's like learning a dance. The fights aren't hard it's only memorizing what the boss is gonna do that could be considered "difficult". Once you learn the dance of a particular fight you should never have problems on it. No skill, just memorization.

You'd need to find the same brazilians in games with subscription for that theory to hold any ground.
Good luck with that. Good luck finding any brazilian paying for something

Brazilians are a hive mind of huehuehue and fucking dogs.

Also what said. Literally no skill outside of memorization involved.

Memorization is a skill.
Why do you think martial artists practice the same move hundred of times?

Except it isn't.
Martial arts is about reacting to what your opponent does as well as what you do.

Except it is a skill.
Martial artists practice the same "dance" hundreds of times because that way they can perfect it, improve it.
Even musicians practice and memorize songs.
Even doctors have to go extensive training and memorization to learn their craft.

Memorizing and improving is what we call skill in the first place.
The word you might be looking for is natural talent but that's a whole different bucket.

Except in a martial arts fight you have to react to what your opponent is doing you can't memorize exactly what they're going to do. You aren't going to be fighting people doing the same 5 moves and who does them in the same order for 5 minutes.

You do memorize yours and you do learn what moves your opponent uses.

How do you do that?
It's one word, go ahead you can do it. Put two and two together

No, I'm saying you're talking out your ass. None of that is pure memorization.
It's all about reacting and trying to minimize things to react to. Doctors have to react to the differences in each patient. Martial artists have to react to their opponent's moves. Musicians have to react to differences in pitch due to weather, audience buzz, minor things like that. No two songs are ever played the exact same even when done by the same person.

Memorizing is not a skill and instead is trying to minimize the variables to do a skill.
Martial arts for example happens so quickly you can't consciously think about what you're doing, it has to be muscle memory so you can use your skill to react efficiently without having to worry about doing your moves.

Except you're not fighting the same asshole over and over again who uses a very set pattern.

That's why they add randomization and you have to improvise.
Hell, even PVP and fighter games is the same since your foe has the exact same limited set of moves and you do have to memorize them. Even chess requires heavy memorization.

Soccer? Football? You know what strats are right? How do you learn them?

What about ballet? NOT A SKILL?
What about shooter games? Quake?
'Skill' is like a finely polished tool that has attained it's shine through hard work and repetition.

Grinding is still shit though but you guys are retarded

Chess is pure memorization because there always is a very set best move.

And you're wrong even in relation to PvP and fighting games. It's about reacting to the current situation,you can memorize combos all you want, but unless you get a good feeling and reaction based on what your opponent does you're just going to lose over and over again.

those don't apply because those are directly against other people so pure memorization won't help at all. if you just know how to do things without knowing how to react to real life situations you're literally the "Ideas guy", and Useless at everything

Quake is only tangentially about memorization at all, you have to react to where your opponent goes and where he is, what weapons he has, etc. Memorizing the map won't make you a good player.

Or the trainer.

Too bad the trainer doesn't actually put those into practice and doesn't do the thing he teaches.

Memorizing a map is still a huge part of it.
You have to learn what weapons spawn where, which places of the map can you use to your advantage and when to actually face your foe.
Everything in life is about taking the right choice at every turn, how do you do that besides luck?
Making informed suppositions, knowing what your options are and what your foes' are and seeing what the outcome of every one of them leads to.
Chess is about always being one step ahead of your opponent, fighting games are pretty much the same they just have a much faster pace which does require more immediate reaction and less forward thinking.

Yet they are paid millions because they CAN lead their team to victory by helping them prepare and take the right choices.

Memorization is vital in every craft, "skill" as most of us understand it is 33% memorization 33% gittin gud through practice 33% talent and 1% autism

Except memorization isn't the skill,, you can practice all you want, but unless you can make the correct choices in the heat of the moment it doesn't matter.

Memorization is a part, but it's not going to help.

The whole point is unlike in real life or anything remotely challenging, FFXIV is totally about memorization and 0% about reacting.

You still have to react since there's RNG involved, dodging missiles, enemy spawns and whatnot.
Same in WoW and pretty much every MMO, you're playing under certain rules, enemies can't just fucking do whatever they please or draw out fireballs out of their ass at will because then it just would be a fucking mess.
A fun mess, because who the fuck doesn't love random explosions but I really can't see that stuff fitting in this genre.
Hell, I remember Diablo 2 with Mephisto randomly blowing the fuck out of you by using his ice ball 3 times in a row because FUCK YOU in HC.
Or random extra fast extra strong cursed enemies spawning right in the ladder insta-gibbin you. Randomness adds to the experience but it sure can be fucking brutal and unfair.

I'd rather just not read them if my choice is to only be able to read the first few novels or read them after they've been run through one of those "80 bad translations later" programs.

nanodesutranslations.wordpress.com/
I got your back fam.

Not really, if you're doing it optimally you don't even have to look at the screen.
You group up in the same places no matter what, RNG rockets aren't even an issue because the "RNG" involved in them is so comparatively light.
Literally, it's a single move, usually this move isn't a wipe no matter what happens, exceptions apply, but even then it's massively insignificant if nonexistent in literally every fight

There is no skill involved in FFXIV period. There is memorizing patterns.

Ok you're just acting like a woman now completely rejecting reality because you're just too butthurt.
I tried to reason with you but this is pointless, you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

Actually touhou is a pure memorization game.

Also good defense there,
like it's some massively horrible thing I'll shudder that I can even be though of as. God that's pathetic.

oh that actually explains everything.

Actually xhi slipped up there. Thats word for word why several journo transwomyn think "its time to get rid of gameplay in games, and thats okay".

Ruse blown.

Keep swinging, you'll hit something someday champ.
Maybe call me an SJW or a redditor next. That'll show me why you're right and I'm wrong!

It's funny because journos couldn't even come up with something original and went with the good old "I'm just butthurt I suck so everyone better than me is just pathetic"

yeah non-pvp games have the worse griefing coz you can't get back at the griefer.

when i played WoW ppl used to run tank or heals and mid fight stop healing/tanking to troll, Blatantly ninjalooting for stuff you cant even wear was also quite common when i played.

No reprecussions either so they continue forever. In UO if someone dicks you, you could get revenge and get your stuff back.

:^)

Fuck, you just reminded me of the "hunter loot". There was a reason I never had hunters in my instance groups during leveling.

It's amazing we made it this far.

[UNDERCOVER IN THE TRANS MYSOGINISTIC LAIR OF GROSS NERDS, HATECHAN - A POLYGON EXPOSE]

Ah you skipped SJW and went to journalist, can I be an FBI plant next?

This is why I don't touch translations with a ten foot pole. It wouldn't even be an issue if raws weren't so hard to find. Thanks for the attempt, though. Most of Holla Forums would just told me to fuck off.

You take Maouyuu where you can get it user. Ruby eyes best girl all years.

China was a democracy at that time and had a different flag but heh nice pic.

Log Horizon is being officially brought to the States. It's got the first 4 books already. Translation is pretty good and the books are cheap.

I only read col 1 so far but it's really good so far.

*vol

that sounds amazing

Have they explained the aliens yet, in the english or japanese novels? The fact that there's supposed to be an explanation for the trapped in mmo bullshit is one of the only things keeping me interested in it.

It's a shame the perfect MMO for many exists, but they will never play it because it's a java game with bad grafixx

>even if its really silly/stupid

source?

Not so much the graphics as the horrible fucking UI. People played Project Gorgon a shitton before it went behind closed doors.

No, OP. But seriously. Runescape. It will be the definitive MMO for players wanting to roleplay production classes when Jagex rolls out the Mining and Smithing rework, and continue to become even better for them as they release more production skill reworks.

Smithing before rework:

Smithing after rework: