JUST END ALREADY!!

ITT: Games that you wanted to play for the campaign and all begins to get so repetitive that you just want it to end.

I quite enjoyed revelations, 2 was better but 1 was good especially considering it was a 3DS game originally.

Now the just fucking end already was an issue i had with another RE game. And im gonna get shit for this for sure, but holy fuck Resident Evil 4 went on for way to goddamn long, basically everything after the castle was too much and even the castle wasn't that interesting.

Even though it was short, the fact that it had no fucking structure managed to make it somehow feel like a goddamn eternity. I'd have given up on it had it not been for the fun as fuck flying.

In my case I just finished playing for now but I have been playing for two hours I think since I finally rescued Jill and Parker, then I say "nice, I must be near the end… uh, OK, that giant thing must be the final boss… uh, OK, is just Parker's segment for the ending… A FUCKING 3RD SHIP!? FUCK YOU! I AM NOT FALLING FOR IT, I AM DONE FOR TONIGHT!!"

Alien Isolation was like that. I figured it was about to end and it turned out I was only halfway through the game.

I remember that as well, it is right when you escape the hive, right?

Maybe. Is that right before you go back to the police station and the robots are actively hunting people?

I can't remember, the robots go crazy like three times and the plot makes it look like this time is for realz.

Bloodborne. Everything after yahar'gul is such a fucking slog.

plz fool. it's still way better than ix.

Dust I should have never started but it looked like a Metroid vania.

Mighty no. 9 is never going to end. I can't wait till they're kickstarting dlc for it.

This only sorta counts since the game itself is fun for me, but I felt with how much padding the fucking campaign was getting toward the end it felt goddamn ridiculous with how much more they kept adding. Did we really need to see every fucking nook and cranny of the story while also adding arbitrary shit?

Still playing the shit out of it though.

Nothing is bullet spongey at all. Headshot more, faggot.

Hahahahah, fucking what?

It takes like, 3 hours to get to your first fight in DQVII. Then the game itself is 200 hours on a SHORT playthrough.

It's a matter of escalation. The first time they're just staying in their area but I think after the hive when Weyland takes over the station and its AI they start going out of their way to kill people

Actually, headshots aren't the solution, I am supposed to stagger them or something, most humanoid enemies need to be shot on the arms which makes it harder than landing headshots.

Its a musuo game, you knew what you were getting into there, the genera is basically all filler. Enjoyable filler tho mind you.

Barry is my favorite character in the RE franchise so im biased, but i did enjoy 2 more, tho not the DLC, the first was fine but the little girl DLC was boring.

Actually this was my first one.

But I see what you mean. I felt the story was just getting silly after a while with how much more it was padding itself. Like you think you've finished but then there's more. I'm currently going through the Adventure Mode now, which I understand has several fucking maps and will only get more.

Recently played it too

The final boss is gonna piss you off user

My mistake was playing revelations like i did RE4 as well, you do need to headshot them, just don't expect them to stagger. You'll use up less ammo, and take less time.
Also at this point ditch the pistol in favor of an MG

That was Razors Edge for me. I just got so sick of the endless waves of enemies with autoblock/autododge and rediculous amounts of health that I turned it to easy just to get to the end. The repition really got to me. I almos quit when they decided to throw multiple bosses at you randomly. I mean, I couldn't die at that point, but I was just so disgusted with what Team Ninja thought was difficult vs what actually makes a game difficult AND fun.

Personally, I'd say Resident Evil 4 was the first RE game I ever played that didn't feel too short. In fact, it's one the few games I've played EVER that wasn't an RPG of some sort that I both really enjoyed and didn't think was too short. Usually the games I really enjoy feel like they're over far too soon, but not RE4.

The only problem I had with DQIX's length was the grind it took to do all the post end-game stuff. Specifically, taking forever to successfully steal alchemy ingredients. If the default steal success rate and drop rates were just higher I wouldn't have had a problem.

Go play raid mode and you can actually see the damage values pop up when you shoot. Headshots do significantly more damage.

Barry is like the worst character in the entire series, user. What is wrong with you? Even fucking STEVE is less obnoxious than barry.

Barry deserved that Jill sandwhich more than chris

nah, I began using cheat engine after chapter 7 to refill my guns, the saw monster proved to be too spongey and I can't seem to find its weak spot, not to mention he came up with infinitely respawning enemies, as I said, at this point I just want to be done and move onto Revelaitons 2.

I have to add, dodging is crap because I have to tilt the stick/WS at the right time even though there is a fucking useless button in the controller (B) and the KBM controls are crap, the mapping is also messed up so I can't tell what I am remapping.

I thought the game was over, like, 5 times. Yeah it's an exaggeration but still.

Pirated game, so no online, unless raid mode is also offline? anyway, I'll follow your advice, BTW, upgrades feel worthless.

I keep recalling people arguing that Jill x Chris is not confirmed or denied or something.

I wish Revelations 2 was as long as Rev1

I don't think you would say that if your "running" speed was just 1.2x walking speed.

Gears of War 2

Never finished it. I never thought I'd complain a modern shooter was TOO LONG but it just kept going on and on and it wasn't interesting in the slightest. One of the few games I sold purely because I got bored of it.

Raid mode is offline as well, and it's actually pretty fucking fun.

You're meant to melee.

You're doing it wrong.

And to another extent, Okami. I got to the snow place and it started to feel stretched out and thin. Capcom games of this sort usually do but even my status of a huge wolfaboo couldn't save it. To be fair, I played the shitty Wii version which was a mistake in retrospect.

The problem with this kind of longevity is how padded and repetitive it gets, in shooters there is stuff like the usual segments where there is nothing until you touch something then enemies spawn out of nowhere, then it happens again and again.

I felt more or less the same with AliceMR but it was because levels were actually too long with very few breaks in between.

Melee doesn't seem to do much.

you're doing it wrong.

Fire Emblem. It's my own fault though because my autism can't tolerate the random stat growth, so I have to keep resetting to get better growth.

They get better, half way you're gonna want to ditch the pistol for an MG halfway through the game. When you get the have all available weapon types, genesis ammo spawns are dependent on what guns you have with you (like resident evil 4) haveing +15 mg ammot drop is better than +5 hg ammo

this

is there something else I am not doing on melee other than pressing the melee button close to the enemy?

Souls series is like this sometimes. Dark Souls 2 is probably the worst since the plot is nonsensical and in order to unlock the final boss you have to go back to different locations of the game and beat the bosses there.

New Vegas is also a bit like this after you hit Vegas and the game becomes an endless series of chump jobs for whatever Faction you choose.

Oh, I thought you meant melee was very effective if I used it the right way.

Yeah but MUH childhood.

I understand some people might not have liked it but I loved it and found it so comfy.

comfy is a code word for boring :^)

Assassins Creed 1 was quite nice, sadly it ended on a god damned cliffhanger.

oh you must have better shit to do

You DO know you can hold the button down to charge the melee to do much more damage right?

Regular melee or the finisher? I can only do it with finishers, which means I have to stagger.

I have this complaint about a LOT of games, but I don't consider that really the same thing as the game being too long. A game being too long means it has stuff to do, but I got tired of doing it. If I'm having fun in every regard aside from the character taking too long to walk from one place to another, that's a different problem.

Finishers can be charged, normal melee attacks can't be.

Let's just say in case of shooters and games like Resident Evil I am used to faster running speeds.

That's what I thought, anyway, I will check Raid mode to check the stuff later.

Having to go to the shop, sell and equip shit per person, reading through numerous cutscenes and fighting the actual battle for 20 times straight really gets tiring and boring. Thank God I was 5 or 6 levels away from the final mission when I started to feel very bored so I was able to somehow power through it

No, what is wrong with YOU. That's some terrible taste you got there.

Having started a new playthrough on PC recently I think it's appropriately paced, it's lengthy when you first start out but as you get better at the game you still have enough to keep it enjoyable and not feel rushed even if you're moving through the game much faster.

I know everyone loves to suck PoR's dick but damn the game gets boring once you get to Daein. It really starts to feel like a chore for a while.

this game was missing music . that mostly gives the tone of those games.

Bimp

I haven't had that feeling for a while until Drakengard 3. I don't even want to get branch B, it was so repetitive, I didn't really care for the story, the framerate was horrible, you barely ride on your dragon pal to give something to the combat, I'm surprised people like the game, or even Yoko Taro games. Makes me wonder how Nier ended up in comparison to this, or why people like this compared to D1, looking at footage on that game it looks way more interesting and fucked up to play, especially with magic spells.

Bioshock is a really short game already, it's just so fucking boring and tedious. You backtrack through every single area every time you complete an objective and you're given no reason to give a shit about anyone. Anyone that praises this game(s) is a shit eating faggot whose opinions on all vidya can be completely disregarded.

Allen Wake is actually an ok game but after awhile you feel like you've already seen everything the game has to offer and you're just repeating the same thing over and over. American Nightmare in particular is god awful in this regard because it's the same 3-4 levels repeated 4-5 times each with a slightly altered objective every time. Fuck that game to hell. What the fuck were they thinking?

Dead Island - Once you find yourself running through the sewers a second time you kind of wish the fucking game was already over. When you end up in the prison you'll always find yourself just bum rushing past all enemies just to make it to the next objective faster so you can end this miserable pile of lies.

I felt that way about the castle part in RE4, but I thought the island was much better.

This was too long for it's own fucking good.

Couldn't even finish them because they were so damn boring.

Played it for the backstory more than the plot, but yeah. It just keeps fucking going. The characters are fucking retarded (especially the protagonist), their justifications paper thin and the combat never ever gets more difficult or deep. Fuck, even the three puzzles in the entire game tell you the solution if you put in an incorrect answer. You just walk the entire game down a hallway and rhythmically tap two buttons every so often for 5 or so hours.

Bioshock I sort of disagree, there were some fun moments in it like the level where you're basically doing assassination missions. Dead Island I totally agree, it honestly loses its fun level after 4 hours.

By the time I got to the not-Skyrim islands I was so burned out on this game, especially since the combat was so shitty

MGSV felt this way to me

Worst part is that I was wishing it ended, and then there's no fucking actual end segment

Risk of rain, in fact, most procedurally generated games. And they expect you to play the same goddamn shit a billion times to unlock everything. The arrogance is what gets me the most.

The infinite quests just keep the experience going

Far Cry 3. I gave up with the southern island.

This piece of shit. 1,000 side ops that are just copy paste missions. I feel the need to do everything in a game but with just how boring and bland the game was just made me give up.

I liked the combat enough that I just kept running around doing them.

I just wish they would have put more effort into the sandbox, and less effort on the story missions.

yes, sw2013 was incredibly boring and was filled with many inconsistencies, bugs, etc.

What was wrong with Hard Reset? How boring is it? I was originally supposed to get the game but now I have second thoughts.

not the game itself, but individual stages in the old Aleste games go on way to long. the first level in MUSHA is like 5 minutes straight.

It's just an engine demo for Shadow Warrior, which is mostly fine, but far too padded.

And no plans to add the cut content still.

The cut content probably never even existed or was done, at least judging by mission 51.

I meant mostly the half-mocapped cutscenes that appear in the cut content videos, I wouldn't mind it being just 2 more missions recycling Africa.

The 3rd ship is short and the last stage though.

Open world games mostly
Like they all start out pretty good, but after what 20 hours you want shit to be over already, but it's not even the half of the game

I wonder if it's the problem with "Open World" gimmick.

I get this feeling with plenty of games these days. Some games feel like they are just a couple mission/areas too long. Some games feel like there was just filler put in there for the sake of claiming a certain play time.

Side ops don't have to be done but they serve pretty much only a few but vital functions.

1) you can use them to pull up money and to explore areas (collect items you may have missed in a real mission).
2) They are not at all ranked so your playstyle can be anything. Basically its a free-mode to allow you to complete missions that are much like the Story missions but now you can go hog wild with all the weaponry and jackassery you want without fear of fucking up your score.

Yep, I finished the game, kind of an easier ride compared to the rest of the game.

Can you complete it while skipping the additional stuff? assuming you wanted to just play the campaign, if so, was the campaign segment tedious?

Weren't there some indie shit games on Steam that basically lasted more than 2 hours so they couldn't get refunded? not sure if just indies or some AAA as well, but they came up with that AFTER refunds were a thing.

Every GTA game since 3.

I miss the old days where the goal was to get a certain amount of money and with that money you could go on to the next area. This story driven GTA shit just bores me so fucking much.

Possibly. As i'm not a retard, though, I stay very cautious about story-heavy/driven indie games for just that reason. They usually end up being little more than glorified point-and-click adventure games (and not very good ones, mind you).
most indie games I tend to run after are "roguelikes".

I skipped EVERYTHING in Batman and it took me 20 hours to beat.
I barely did anything apart from story in AC4 and it took me about 40 hours.
Problem is mandatory content is the same as optional, but with different dialogue.

I still haven't finished it after the first ending

to the boipussy training prison

To be fair, AC4 had a lot of forced walking segments bullshit.

It's hard to want to want to see the second ending through to the end, much less see the "true ending" where you have to collect every fucking ending and 100% it because it's such a chore to play.

Makes me wonder how the devs games would be on a budget and decently made

Well, that sucks.

Not quite, it is complaining about the game being too repetitive which makes it feel long for all the wrong reasons, like grinding for example.

I dunno man, when game is engaging at all times I can put hundreds if hours into it.

But when a game is only fun for a while, and then starts to drag on, there is something wrong with it.

Yeah.

I recommend the first Bamham, it's more focused and engaging action game without shitty fillers of the City.

Guess we'll find out this fall

Dark Souls 2.

It's an okay game, but by there were two times in that game that I thought I was at the end, but wasn't.

Souls games usually feel long but really aren't once you know what you're doing. DaS2 is just long and most of it isn't interesting enough for a second playthrough.

Also, Binary Domain almost felt like that at certain points.