Make Student Loans Dischargeable in Bankruptcy

We've had a couple threads on the burgeoning student debt crisis and what we can do about it.

The last thread is here >>9515765

The goal is to strike at marxist academia and cut off funds to universities. End the easy money in the form of loans to students. Stop 18 year old whites with their lives ahead of them from indebting themselves to the kikes so they can pay for their own indoctrination while gaining nothing in job prospects. If you want to MAGA, a great way to start is by killing the college racket.

I've made a petition as suggested in the last thread.

Sign the petition here:
petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-student-loans-dischargeable-bankruptcy

REV UP THOSE SHITPOSTING ACCOUNTS AND SPREAD THE PETITION ACROSS THE INTERNET IMPERIUM

Making "personal responsibility" arguments against allowing student loans to be discharged in bankruptcy will be considered "not-an-argument" and off topic for this thread. The goal is to kill the college racket.

pic related is an image of freedom, because that's the goal we are working towards in crashing these marxist fucks and their colleges with no survivors.

Other urls found in this thread:

dailynebraskan.com/news/cba-engineering-students-stay-in-majors-despite-higher-cost-of/article_bee4d348-6f8b-11e4-a983-ff8013bba928.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I wonder who will benefit from having all their debt from taking useless college courses go away. Wonder why OP decided to use an american flag/eagle to try to meme this as something other than subversive

bumping with images of freedom to kill the college racket

Kike detected. Free sheckels muh free sheckels.
Nope

you can sage and shill all you want, it only makes me want to bump it even more!

This isn't about taking their debt away. It is about making student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy. "Taking their debt away" implies the American taxpayer assuming responsibility for the debt. Allowing the loans to be discharged in bankruptcy forces lenders to be very selective who they lend to, and ends the easy money gravy train to (((colleges)))

Was never said. Stop projecting so hard shlomo.

Shills REALLY don't want us to end their college debt scheme.

It's EXACTLY this. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. EVERY thread we've had on student loans / debt bubble gets saged and shilled to shit with non-arguments. It isn't about debt forgiveness. It's about hastening the collapse of their modern usury scheme and their bastions of marxism.

On one hand, bankruptcy for college loans would hurt the financial Jews, but it would probably just be bailed out by the Federal government.

Allowing those loans to exist at all subsidizes the academic Jews. We need to stop securing those loans before any debt can be forgiven, or else we'll be on the bill for sending leftists to college for nonproductive degrees then bailing them out immediately.

Not OP, but I believe the idea is that if the jews know that if the student can't pay back their loans, then it just defaults (and the jews get nothing, losing lots of money), they will at once:

a: stop giving out bad loans to folks who can't repay them with the degree they are getting. right now, jews give out yuuge loans to people who will never be able to pay it back comfortably, because it can't default, and either the government or the student will pay it back eventually. this also burdens the taxpayer when the student is simply unable to repay.

b: try to drive down the cost of college so that people have a higher rate of paying back their loans

c: cause jews to prefer giving out loans to people who will be able to repay, which means less liberal arts degrees, and less people in college in general, which causes the true value of a degree to rise, and also incentivizes others to go into the workforce earlier instead of drifting around in prolonged adolescence daycare drinking and wasting time

The proper way to go about this is by cutting it at the front. Making current loans default-able has many issues. But saying 'from now on, if the student can't pay it back, too bad moishe' causes shekelstein to rethink his usurious ways.

This is Bernie shit, you double nigger. If millennials are retarded enough to sign their life away to (((university))) and the educational Jew, they deserve it.

This is a good summary and the basic idea. I do think it would be better to cut student loans altogether but if I make a petition for that it's unlikely to gain traction. I made the petition to be about making student loans dischargeable because it was suggested in the last thread, it's a first step to more productive gutting and reform, and as you explained nicely it immediately puts pressure on the racket to reform itself.

Student loans are all underwritten by the taxpayer since they are issued by Fannie Mae. Bailout is already guaranteed, they don't give a fuck how sustainable it is or not since they are getting paid regardless, already 17+ percent of student loans are in default, and almost half of college students believe that student debt forgiveness is going to happen and about 30 percent of them use student loan money for vacations and booze, they are fucked. Making student loans discharged though bankruptcy does not change the fact that the taxpayer is still on the hook, that would only accelerate the collapse of the student loan debt bubble while fucking over the taxpayer either directly or through inflation when another trillion or so is printed to paper over the student debt crisis. Without something like bankruptcy discharge or federal loan forgiveness to crash the house of cards, what is likely going to happen like with any market bubbles is quality decreases while price increases and this trend accelerates to the point where enrollment drops substantially, instead of being a massive crash like 2008 the student debt problem will simply erode the quality of higher education as well as the job prospects and income of any graduates, which contributes to the recession.

Declaring bankruptcy is bad.

There has to be another way.

pls

forced mass bankruptcy would expose how fragile their system really is

That's why we it absolutely must be killed off ASAP. A slow recession and stagnation is much more disastrous to innovation and investment than a sudden massive crash, that represents a market correction to true value.

you prob believe in universal basic income too.

In words everyone can understand.
IT AINT NEVER GOING TO FUCKING HAPPEN
Kids figure out quick as shit my useless degree can be written off with a little court filing.
I get 7 years shit credit rating then I just hit the reset button.
There is a trillion with a T of current student debt
PLUS INTEREST
that is just far to many shekels to let slip away.

It's going down one way or the other. There's no possible way it is being paid.

Bernie go home.
Weaseling out of repaying your loan and being retarded about it is your choice and not my problem.

No goy, no!

You can't just choose to free yourself from debt slavery forever. This is a complete holocaust!

ok, kill federal student loans then. as a taxpayer, I don't want to be more on the hook for other people's education. Let death be the sweet release or let the (((banks))) put their money up to "educate" a bunch of niggers in their post-secondary ventures in 'Business Administration'

This. It's going to happen. It's better that it happens fast rather than stagnation of the economy.

Non-dischargeable loans are an affront to nature. The lender inherently must take risk, and must adapt to be selective who he lends to, to reduce that risk. If he doesn't adapt, he himself goes bankrupt.

This won't happen as long as the Federal Government is involved in the student loan program. Student loans used to be done through small local banks at reasonable interest rates, now the schools charge out the ass because banks don't do it anymore and Big Daddy Government will just keep paying whatever price the schools raise it to.

And no matter what, the Feds will get their cut.

user, I am absolutely all in favor of this.

If anons are interested, we can craft a new petition (not specific to discharge under bankruptcy) for reforming / gutting student loans, colleges, and federal interference in both. If we can come to something together, I'll post another petition for it so we can spread it and get signatures.

As soon as the bottom line gets involved in it, the banks won't virtue loan and they'll stop all the SJW shit, but they'll keep pretending though through their PR though.

It wasn't designed to last. Probably just something they realized it was paying out and started milking this cash cow while they could. Despite

exactly, and watch tuition drop with less "free" money artificial demand involved

Exactly right.

Not even Harvard used to break the fucking bank like it does nowadays, maybe if that finally happens, then most universities will actually fall into line with the income of the average American.

This is one reason why it won't be allowed.

This, and the fact that the loans are already secured by the Federal government, and many loans are already given out by the Federal government; i.e: The student loan Jew is a financial scam to give the government more money, hence why they made it impossible to expunge through bankruptcy or any means other than death/total disability, while simultaneously encouraging everyone including 60 IQ niggers to go.

I'm wondering who would knuckle-under first, the tenured staff or the universities? There contracts would become unsustainable rather quickly.

their sigh

More than likely the staff, since I'm sure they have fine print in their contracts that would allow for such instances of being so hard pressed. But, then again, Harvard has an endowment of almost 35 BILLION which is more than any other country in the nation.

Should say any other university in the nation, my bad.

Yes. Make *private* educational loans dischargeable in bankruptcy. As a taxpayer, I don't want to be on the hook for more bailouts.

As for the "can't pay it back" federal loans for those worthless degrees liberals are so fond of acquiring, I say let those loans be discharged in part by manual labor on construction of the border wall.

If you REALLY wanted to end the scheme of taking on debt for a Marxist education, you should charge different interest rates post-graduation depending on the degree.

Graduating with a STEM degree would mean a lower interest rate, as those people are more likely to pay back their loans, and the degree is worthwhile.

Shitty liberal studies degrees should have higher interest rates, like 25%. That way, no one would bother wasting their time with those. The only exception would be if students got a liberal arts degree and a teaching credential, or something else at least moderately useful.

Huh, an interesting proposition. Universities have already got their money, though.

I'm actually kind of torn on this.

Was going to post something similar to this. If your degree is in a field that helps our economy you deserve a break.

If you're degree is in some shit that only academia cares about then you can pay the bullshit academia prices.

Some schools are going full "free market" and charging more for credits that lead to better paying careers.

E.g. dailynebraskan.com/news/cba-engineering-students-stay-in-majors-despite-higher-cost-of/article_bee4d348-6f8b-11e4-a983-ff8013bba928.html

The same should apply to trade schools as well. As they teach marketable skills, then they should have low interest loans as well.

I would think this might discourage people from majoring in an necessary, but expensive degree like engineering, and push people toward the cheaper degrees, like communication.

It might be better for the university but isn't something the government really needs to regulate.

Add this to the list of retarded millenial fantasy land ideas

If you allow students to discharge their debt via bankruptcy, it
STILL MEANS THE BURDEN IS THROWN INTO THE NATIONAL DEBT

The creditors and universities are still paid by the govt in lieu of the debtor. You'll immediately add at least $6 Trillion to the national debt, AND over 50% of young adults will have nigger-tier credit ratings, which will either cause banks to bust from not being able to sell loans or they'll have to lower their standards and you'll have loan defaults so catastrophic that it will cause the world to end

There is no crisis, only idiots were tricking into believing they could pay someone for a piece of paper and a better life. They'd debt is about the only selection pressure they're going to get and they deserve it, it's one of the few things working against retards in modern society.
TL;DR: fuck off shill.

Read the article. It was instituted in 2011 and enrollment went *up* because they plowed the tuition into hiring better faculty and expanded the program's educational opportunities. A sane approach to pricing a college degree would be to calculate the present value of a career in the field–truly, these degrees are worth more than the shitty ones.

I am opposed to "social justice" proposals that want to charge more tuition for these kinds of degrees simply to subsidize the liberal arts degrees that have no future career prospects. The key difference is that the differential tuition increase at Nebraska goes to benefit the student who is paying it as opposed to being welfare for some other worthless liberal arts student.

I feel that would only lower the value of lower value careers, and increase the value of already high value careers forcing us to import even more poorly trained doctors.
I propose that students be offered an option:
A. Pay for your tuition. or
B. Agree that for a set amount of time that a percentage of your earnings will be collected by your school, an education tax of sorts paid by those who agree and have already benefited.

None of that sounds too bad.

Signed, people with sockpuppet accounts should shill this to leftists, I think this is something they would agree with, for different reasons.

WONDER WHO THE KIKE IS?

We need to drive debt down, but fuck college morons that took out huge loans. They need to sleep in the beds that they made.

Start cutting federal funding to colleges with shit students.
Make colleges responsible for debt of some of their students if their employment numbers are low.

There's a lot that would need done before we could do this, but I'd be in favor of allowing student loan debt to be discharged through bankruptcy or in exchange for national service.
The biggest issue is that academia is infested with kikes and subversives who can only survive through someone else's debt (usury=parasitism) and they keep opening the doors wider and wider to plebs.
Universities should be exclusive elite institutions, only open to males looking for training and specialization to start a career they can support a family on. Women should be encouraged to raise families and discouraged from attending college as it's one of the major things that fucks it up.

Math grad student here.

This is actually something that needs to be discussed. You're not retarded, OP, because this is indeed a problem, and Holla Forums does not like to talk about it because they generally hate academia.

Making student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy is an interesting idea, but having such a thing be easily discharged in bankruptcy isn't exactly great; it's very easy for a student to declare bankruptcy immediately after graduating (it's not like they *have* anything for the government to sell off), right before their first job, and then be absolved of the debt, leaving the tab to the taxpayer/bank/whoever. That is, it's just not a practical solution; either it completely kills student loans, preventing almost everyone from going to university (even for STEM) or we end up having the taxpayer pay way too much for education.

To answer , cutting student loans is a terrible idea in the current climate; we still need people to go to universities for STEM, and unless there is a realistic alternative for people to pick up those skills, we will end up completely sapped of people who drive our society forward.

A more viable alternative is this: if we lower the cost of a university education, then we can mitigate the dependence of students on loans. We can (partially) achieve this by a combination of building up our K-12 education system and raising admissions standards.

First, if we rework our K-12 education system, we can realistically propel motivated students to having their entire first year and a half of university completed - many students already get a solid semester due to AP classes, and some even get a full year. Decreasing the length of time that a student spends in university slashes costs, quite a lot! (As for how a reworking could look, I think a data-driven approach may be viable, but it has many ethical issues.)

Second, our admissions standards are too low - we consistently burn time and money on students who drop out after one or two semesters. Raising admissions standards will allow us to lower the costs of an education, simply by eliminating those who eat the most time and effort for instructors.

I don't have much to add on this subject, however, seeing as you're a math grad and all, you should know AP doesn't mean much. Unless you understand it as a "get out of gen eds/liberal arts" sort of deal.
The primary issue is people don't know what the fuck they are even doing with their lives until they are . If one knew what they wanted to do with their lives by 8th grade (and was sentient, i.e. a true human), then they could easily figure out what to focus in on and study throughout high school. Hell, if such a thing were done college would effectively become graduate school from the get go. For mathematicians, it would be a return to the 60s when Rudin was first year stuff all around (not just MIT) and the crazy text by Schlomo was the more insane stuff.

Prices would drop if government stopped giving loans and grants at all.

The only reason tuition is skyrocketing at the rate it is now is because student loans are causing massive price inflation. Without student loans tuition prices would crash down to the point where it would be affordable for most middle class Americans. It wasn't that long ago that you could pay for an entire year of college at a mid-tier state university with a minimum wage summer job. Also, scholarships and financial aid. Tuition prices will not adjust down to sane levels without student loans being cut off or at least drastically reduced, so trying to reduce costs before unfucking the student debt bubble is doing things backwards. You are correct that high school dual credit programs and saving money by with community college transfer is a good idea though. I got all of my language and math courses for my degree done in High School because we had a dual credit program with the local community college and I did my first 2 years of my BS at the community college also, saved me tons of money. Headstart/Dual Credit programs and community colleges are vital to many communities.

And this would have the added benefit of ending all loans to worthless social science degrees. Basically what Trump suggested. The only people who would be able to get loans would be those with good job prospects from their degree.

Universal basic income is a way to reinforce capitalism and the current major holders of capital, not a strike against it. It leaves all productive capability [presumably automated] in the hands of those with the most federal reserve notes to buy it up and then doles out allotments for people just large enough to make sure they stay consumers.

If someone was serious about striking against capitalism, they'd try to push a new homestead act through and offer subsidized purchases [or interest free loans for] of small-scale productive machinery [CNC machines, 3D printers, aquaponic systems, greenhouses, grey water filtration, etc] that people could install on their own properties.

Forgiveness for all those gender studies degrees? Nope.

Stop issuing new loans.

Nice try jew boy.

But don't you know? Everyone has to go to MIT, Harvard, etc. A community college isn't good enough, staying in your home state/town isn't good enough. You have to go see the world, party, get drunk, waste a fraction of your life. In part the issue is social, people don't see their lives correctly. It is no longer defined by actions with purpose, but rather those with a lack thereof or with a purpose based in hedonism. If it was as before, people would say: I go to school, get pretty good grades (because it's not that hard to get good grades these days), maybe work a job to save up some money. Go to a community college, get a degree. Start working in your home town, maybe find a wife in your home town, have kids, etc.

lmao only this shill and his cuckchan cohorts follow this. you cannot allow them to default because our government provides the fucking loans you stupid quadtruple nigger. you are asking for debt forgiveness that will kill our economy.

Nope.

Debt release is a bandaid to the actual problem, no different than food banks or welfare.

Nope.
Debt release is a bandaid to the actual problem, no different than food banks or welfare.

Take your slide thread to cuckchan where it belongs.

freedom and/or hot vagoo

on one hand I want the kikes to suffer losses from giving loans to Black Studies majors, but on the other hand I fucking hate Black Studies majors, niggers/chads who use college loans for vacation fun time

Universities are way too big, sometimes universities can be as big as in total 600 acres and are usually centered in high populated area. It's such a waste of space.

No, this is describing a price discovery in a free market. Right now, none of these degrees are priced realistically. A worthless degree should basically cost nothing (i.e. its true value)–if that means there is no one available to teach that curriculum, then that's also acceptable. By the same token, if a high value degree gets priced too highly then people will stop pursuing it. As always, competition will keep a lid on prices in a free market.

That's a non sequitur, in general. Furthermore, in particular, foreign doctors already have to basically start over with their residency training if they decide to come to the USA. And that's once they manage to find a program spot in the match.

It's also useful as a way to get out of a STEM subject that you only need a cursory knowledge of; an example being certain flavors of Engineers and their Chemistry course.

I think it can be built up into something far more worthwhile. It will require effort and time. (I would argue that the College Board, given their general incompetence, is not capable of building it up on their own, and that such a system would be better done by another company or even the government, but that's hairsplitting right now.)

Usually, people have at least a *rough* idea of what they want to do by then. "I wanna do something physical" or "I wanna do something artistic" or "I wanna do something scientific" is good enough. After all, the core curriculum for anyone going in to STEM is very similar until your second or so year of undergrad.

And people would be shut out of the education system if you did that. Qualified people. Who want to go into STEM.

You don't unfuck things by just "doing the things that fucked it, but backward." You're not wrong that this is why tuition is skyrocketing; unfortunately, undoing this immediately still causes issues as it is. We do need to make people less dependent on student loans, and this should be a step along the way to fixing things, but it's not the correct first step.

An analogy is this: imagine you get shot. The correct first step is not to remove the bullet; that's fiddly, difficult, and will end with you bleeding out and dying. (Depending on where you get shot), you first stop the bleeding. We are bleeding right now.

I will say that this is a worthwhile observation, and we should remember, after things are unfucked, to not fuck them up like this again.

No they wouldn't. The prices would be low enough that it would be possible to pay out of pocket.

also to (((banks))) as the (((banks))) who made those loans wouldnt get paid back

I'm torn. On one hand, shitlibs suffering with their worthless degrees amuses me. On the other, academia get's gutted for exploiting retards. Is there not some way to punish both?

I'm working on it, others should too.

In reality, the current higher education model is outdated. It would be much better to move to a certification system. Sitting in classrooms and listening to chink and pajeet professors babble is a waste of time.

(checked)

This is the crux of all debt related issues, if the government serves the people then it should not tolerate interest slavery and should allow it's people a way to nullify loans that can never e repaid. Everyone benefits from this approach except the banks who now have to be more responsible with their money and only hand it out to people that can reasonably be expected to pay it back.

The problem with this student debt crisis is that everybody has their own opinion on it (me included), and they all try to modify the policies of the government based on it. Meanwhile all that the market cares about is the government fucking with it, and it's slowly getting closer and closer to correcting. And when it corrects it won't be pretty for anyone involved.
Personally, I'd love to see the government provide help to the people that need it and deserve it. I want to see both smart black kids from the ghetto and smart rich Asian kids go to study, even if that means the government has to pay for the poor kid's books. I want all people to have the ability to learn the things they need to learn, if they deserve it.
But that's very hard to achieve in practice. If we want to fix this idiocy before it starts bankrupting people, we need to pop the bubble manually. That's not going to happen, so we're just going to get more free shit until the system collapses.

I've heard rumors that Trump intends to address the student debt crisis but never see any links posted. Here are a couple of the first search results.

h ttps://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/paying-for-college/articles/2017-01-31/3-student-loan-reforms-to-expect-under-trump

h ttp://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-03-18/student-loans

All you fucking STEM faggots don't get it. The problem isn't the shitty liberal arts degrees it's people buying into college and losing work experience at a young age. If young men who weren't sure what to do after high school went and worked construction(anything not service industry) they would understand how to conduct themselves in a work environment, be hard workers, learn valuable skills and be a contributor to society. If women don't go to college then they can focus on being mother's or work as well, and this keeps them away from the MAX degeneracy setting of modern college. Either way both those people, by not going to college have done a couple things

1. Not taken on student loans. Neither adding to the trillions already in the system nor burdening themselves financially
2. Productively spent the "fragile years" of adolescence in a better setting than Poz U.
3. By learning how to work and understanding the system we are in, they are more likely to start questioning why the current system we live in is shit(leading to other questions).
4. By taking people off of college campuses, the college degree can regain value, colleges will be making less in total and we can save young people from fucking their futures

back to cuckchan

Oh yeah, no argument there. Especially in universities like the one I attended, where around 33% of your curriculum is not related to your major. Women's studies, art, etc. These courses should be available as workshops or just interesting lectures to attend, but as actual classes with departments? What a waste.

This is another thing. People forget that if you loan money you're not entitled to make it back. That's why credit scores exist, if somebody has shit credit you won't loan to them because they're probably deadbeats. I won't shed a tear for banks losing money because they gave it to Tyrone for an education.

this also is true. education should instill experience. sitting through lectures where a professor recites from the textbook, or simply reads his own powerpoint notes out loud for 90 minutes is not effective and doesn't teach critical thinking or encourage innovation.

Fuck off back to your bronie shitholes, CIA.

Faggots who take Feminist Dance and Gender Studies need to be gassed, not given relief.

THIS

everybody loves to shit on the USDA and foresters, until millions of acres burn to nothing in california/arizona/washington/canada, and then suddenly its a big problem because they are dangerously understaffed

and yet there is nothing there to support people going into these fields. it isnt a crazy high-paying job, it's a labour of love, and something that is very expensive due to complete lack of student aide. you have to be willing to move across the country, work odd hours, and be on your feet/active for your entire shift out in the middle of nowhere. it's a science, which means the other half of your job is busting your ass in a lab and working with fire departments to clear out brush and make fire lanes.

i want this kiked up system to burn down, we don't need more CS pajeets or worthless pure maths profligates, we need more people with actual applicable skills

If you want to kill the college racket, don't go.
A career that needs a worthless credential to enter is a worthless career.

Agreed, but this doesn't stop other people from going, who shouldn't. And it doesn't stop the easy money loaned with little regard for the borrower's ability to repay.

That doesn't stop idiots from attending and funding the schools. Forcing lenders to be more selective does.

also this.

If yo are going to do this first institute a law that separates the savings and investments of the middle class from the banks that give out these loans. Else when the loan giving banks collapse they take the middle classes wealth with them.

Kind of like the Glass-Steagall law.

Anything with disallows bankruptcy of debts favors the bank. Inescapable lifelong debt is the polar opposite of prosperity and freedom.

Were you born based? probably not. So with pervasive leftist brainwashing all around people are bound to make poor choices in deciding to go to college, and what they study there. Making people carry these debts is just making them double down on the victim complex that those dumb arts degrees espouse anyway. consider this:
user gets STEM degree either by full ride scholarship or gets loan and them get s good job, is debt free after 5 years of good job and prudent finances. Meets marriage suitable woman who studied stupid arts degree but has massive debt.

user has 2 hard choices:
1) because of lack of woman's access to bankruptcy user now has to pay for 2 educations not just his own.
2) have much less options in marriage market due to so many high debt women in dating pool.

so this makes student debt a way to limit reproduction of the goy, and those that do reproduce are poor and have their children stuck in the same trap their parent were in.

debt lifestyle in women becomes endemic. women go from living from parents , to living from student loans, to living form credit cards to living from husband to living from alimony. At least with bankruptcy as an option women might learn some budgeting skills even if it is only for a few (bankrupt) years after graduation.

I think it would be worthwhile for bankrupts to have college majors (and name of college) listed if they are bankrupting their student loans so as to be warning to those attempting to go down the same path.

Bankruptcy as a graduation formality? well if the value of a self trained employee is so low compared to their self imposed training cost, why wouldn't some one do this? the business user might work for could be exploiting every single loop hole in the tax code (to pay almost no tax) but somehow a lowly employee user should somehow act honorably and not take the easy way out?

Seems like a glaring double standard to me.

There's all kind of things wrong with the modern education system, but punishing young naive students is not the answer. Making student loans bankrupt-able might be the only solution to stop this perverse industry of debt enslavement continuing. Few degrees today could pay off a student loan in 3-5 years so why wouldn't people file for bankruptcy on graduation it might make people from wealthy families actually pay for their education (as they benefit most from it) and those who are poor get a free education (plus a bankruptcy) so they have a chance to improve their lives.

Or maybe if you hang all the bankers maybe you can burn all their debt-slave document along with them and start again.

What if that's exactly what should happen?
The power structure that these kikes put in place to help them print their own shekels en masse through HFT would collapse absolutely, and then they could be the mimetic scapegoat that we keel haul to fucking Pluto and back.

It would also near-permanently prevent this exact scenario from repeating itself. The only way it will be marked on history is if incredible violence is associated with it. How many people remember the sterling crash that got Soros rich, or the ponzi scheme that caused 2008 to happen in the first place? If you ask people about the 2010 flash crash they won't have a clue what you're on about.

But, bring up a grand economic reformation rising out of the ashes of destruction, well then you have something even more memorable than the Great Depression.

US student loans are estimated at between 800 Billion and 1 Trillion dollars. That's enough money (if it goes up in smoke) to kick off some serious shit in an economy that have been weak for over 5 years.

favorite arg is that not allowing college loans to be discharged in bankruptcy increases access to "schooling." If you could discharge it poor people couldn't get loans for college. Oye vey!

That now-filtered Jew aside, the point of this sort of policy would be that (((finance))) would be much less likely to give the loans out in the first place if they are not protected against default. One of the reasons home loans have to be subsidized is that bad goys can get out of them with bankruptcy; hell they can even keep the house in many cases. Taking out the guarantees for student loans would make less money available to students really fast.

This would be a groundswell change for kikes. Holding down academia has been a crown jewel for 5 decades for them. This depends on the flow of warm bodies and easy money. 'and unlike healthcare where poor minorities riot when gibs are taken away, this would be taking from lazy whites and shifty jews, who have no (((legitimate))) reason to complain. I support it, I just dont know how much Trump would support such a big move right now. He has a lot of allegiances he is trying to keep, and his friends in the SEC and on Wall street would bitch to no end because student loan assets are considered a good bet to have made.

this is a tough change but it must be done

OY VEY

Professors are overpaid, they are pozed and they need to go, but Professors aren't the ones reaping the spoils of the debt culture. Professors are in many ways the useful idiots of the scam. That honor goes to the administrators and the industries that are working tangentially to the colleges.

Allowing debt to be discharged in bankruptcy would absolutely torpedo the student loan market and send the kikes scheme crashing to the ground.

I lived an austere life for 10 years to pay my loans back. Fuck you lazy bastards, you're not getting off the hook unless I get my 20's back. Pay it back, you borrowed it, dumbasses.

Really makes you think.

Good on you user. I prefer the "don't be an idiot and take out retarded amounts of money from the kikes" reasoning, but yours is good too.

Slave? You chose to put those chains on. No one made you take out a loan you can't pay back and its not like the terms are hidden. They are clearly spelled out.

And since most student loan debt is backed by the government its actually the US tax payer who will take the hit if retarded millennials get to walk away from their loans.
Jew bankers have nothing to do with this, goy.

Sorry if you spent 100K to just binge drink and fuck off for 4 years. Maybe you should have taken up a trade or a degree that actually has a chance of making you a living.

This is really important. Boomers had the right to do this up until the 1980's (I think it was around 1985 or so), so still a lot of professors were able to be debt-free after college, and their students are not.
I don't know if we can actually get this passed into law, but it doesn't hurt to try.

Always the first post.
Nice try, Shlomo, but we're immune to your wiles here.

(((Capitalists))) can fuck right off to the ovens with their (((Communist))) buddies, as far as I'm concerned.

Don't be spiteful towards your fellow Goyim; that's a Kike's tactic.
It was legal before, and it can be legal now.
We're taking our country back!
MAKE COLLEGE USEFUL AND AFFORDABLE AGAIN.
IF YOU DON'T GET ANY USEFUL SKILLS OUT OF COLLEGE THAT YOU CAN USE TO EARN MONEY, THEN YOU SHOULDN'T OWE ANY MONEY–IT'S NOT ENTERTAINMENT, IT' SHOULD BE PRACTICAL!
OUTLAW USURY.

I agree, if you didn't study a STEM field or a trade, something that can get you a livable starting wage, you deserve what you get. You don't hear about many welders or non-Pajeet software engineers in debt.

What the fuck are you doing? Beyond "outlaw usury" you're a humongous faggot.

This is a really good idea because it would force unis to only take students that they believe will be able to pay back loans.

That means more engineers and less feminists.

That means higher educational standards so that they can ensure thwir graduates will be employable

this is not a very valuable argument, nor a good stance in your personal, professional or political life.

JUST FUCKING WHAT
ARE YOU FUCKING HIGH
ARE YOU FUCKING DENSE
ARE YOU A CORRUPTIBLE MOTHERFUCKER

Die babyboomer - DIE
Never on this site have I seen a more disappointing text.
You are pretending that at the age of 18
(1) YOU ARE FULLY AWARE OF CONSEQUENCES
(2) EVERYTHING WILL HAPPEN EXACTLY AS YOU HAVE PLANNED IT
You are such an assmaggot that I will not try explaining this concept any further until you have PROVEN your false and retarded ASSUMPTIONS

But it doesn't mean any of that, if anything it means the opposite. Discharging the (federal) student debt of failures lowers the consequences of failure. We are defining failure here as "graduated with a degree but can't get a job that will pay back what it cost" or "was not intelligent or diligent enough to complete the degree", in this way we are alleviating the penalties for people who made bad choices while simultaneously transferring their burden onto the taxpayers (successful people) who made good choices. This means the benefit of being an engineer decreases (because there are necessarily higher taxes to pay off more government debt) or even encouraging people to make irresponsible decisions after graduating so that they can avoid the debt despite otherwise being productive workers.

This is in every way a terrible and poorly thought out idea.

Just stop federal student loans or make colleges liable for failure, private debt obviously must be subject to bankruptcy discharge

You are plain retarded, get and education

because our generation did not want a mortgage (mortcage= mort,death cage,cage: french original).
We chose to have another way in life, one without debt accumulation - and where are we now? Tricked by jews of our own country. State infiltrators pumping up numbers over the backs of students. Want to have an official function ? study harder - oh wait, let me just loan you the money : pay it back whenever, don't worry about it..
And bam - you are fucked, because they knew. They knew they can steal from you for the rest of your life. At least in a bankruptcy you can start from scratch, our generation is not given that same opportunity.
TL;DR : even on benefits you will EARN more money than being a dedicated student - regardless of outcome.

Tech schools and research universities should receive direct government funding. Liberal art universities should be funded by private persons as they offer to no benefit to the state.

To get rid of higher education is an anti white nigger move, as had happened in Rhodesia and South Africa

Hi tyrone, still think you need to take a shower to get rid of AIDs?

I wonder who will benefit from having goyim pay massive interest rates for the rest of their lives for a shitty education they didn't need. Wonder why this user decided to defend institutions owned and operated by kikes.

The question here shouldn't be "how do we make college more affordable for everyone" but instead how do we make college educations great again. Forgiving student loans is a good step as it hits the jew right in the gut.

The real battle is removing government subsidized loans. It would be the beginning of a domino effect that would allow colleges to be what they once were: A privilege for the rich and smart. No LaToya, we don't need you or your marketing degree.

We tried that before and an entire generation failed to pay a fucking dime on their student loans. Literally nobody paid them until they changed the fucking law.

The government runs college loans. The kikes aren't going to get fleeced, taxpayers are. This is a poor idea.

How about you get a degree in a career that actually makes money instead of taking a $500k loan to study some bullshit degree like gender studies or something?

This is what millennials actually believe