What does Holla Forums think about Scott Pilgrim?

What does Holla Forums think about Scott Pilgrim?

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestop.com/ps3/games/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-ultimate-edition/108758
youtube.com/watch?v=-gx2TAYkIIQ
tumblr.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was OK. While it was basically River City Ransom, I felt like it didn't have its charm.

average beat them up game, play it with friends, if you have the game.

Can we talk about how fucking stupid the premise of SP is?

"ALL YOUR EXES WERE EVIL I AM THE CHOSEN ONE FOR YOU" is probably one of the most childish, self centered, brainless things i've ever heard.

It's like a posterchild for today vapid manchild generation that doesn't understand human relationships.

Like other anons said, it was a beat em' up game that was okay. I can't speak for the quality of the source material

I disagree.

A good 80% of all stories ever are about "the chosen one" think of it more like a paradoy.
And as pretty much everyone is obsessed with relationships, that's the benchmark of happiness/how good you are.

Plus if you ever read the books you would realize it's more about Scott learning to love himself, so he can be in a relationship.

Plus there's the deeper, more sad meaning that you can't have a healthy relationship with a girl until you come to terms with the fact that she's probably fucked 8 other guys

Does this game have a physical release? I know it was removed from the PSN Store, but I really wanted to try it.

Game is essentially a more intricate and polished RCR. Great fun, especially if you have a bunch of mates around to enjoy it with.

Comics are actually pretty great if you don't take them seriously. It's dumb, and it's fully aware that it's dumb.
Movie is a pile of shit though. Easily Edgar Wright's worst work.

Holla Forums hates it because hurr durr hipsters and "le ebin nintendo gaems" and basically because they feel it compromises their secret club.

The entire thing or just the game?

Early symptom of the "lol so nerdy xD" hipsterism. Castle Crashers is better as a game.

Not that I know of.

How is it more intricate?

Well, the fact that you have more than two buttons to deal with is a start.

It's funny you say that, considering how Hope Larson cucked the shit out of Bryan Lee O'Malley and they ended up divorcing over it.
**Writing Seconds was pretty much his way of coping with the whole thing.
Meanwhile, Hope's way of dealing with it was to go bitching about SP as a 'male power fantasy' to a certain Ms. Sarkeesian, who's good buddies with Anamanaguchi.**
that's why Anamanaguchi withdrew the rights for Ubisoft to use their soundtrack in the game. And that's why you can't download and enjoy it anymore.

Gamestop sells it and the DLC for PS3 that you can buy on their site, you can buy it that way

gamestop.com/ps3/games/scott-pilgrim-vs-the-world-ultimate-edition/108758

for real? details

Shit, I didn't know about the real life drama.
But it seems a tiny touch of attention is all it takes for a decent girl to go super slut these days

I basically told you the whole story. Hope Larson drank the SJW kool-aid and was going around fucking other guys while they were married, and when Bryan confronted her over it, she pulled the "you don't own my body" card.

That's about the same as RCR.

Source?

that asshole and vagina are ruined, i dont know why he didnt fucked the virgin chinese girl

Two attack buttons, one jump button, one dodge/roll button, a block button, super attack button, and call striker button.

By my count, that's 7 buttons you need.

Because she was like, 17 at the beginning of the story?

How many of the guys from the band fucked her for them to pull this shit?

as wife you do NOT pull the "you dont own my body card" so you can have sex with other men. gezzoose fing chris at least he dumped her ass

Block, jump, and super attacks are accounted for in RCR by combinations and combos of the two attack buttons.

Story wise it's because she was to young. But I agree, she becomes badass based on her own merits, while Ramona is supposed to be cool because that's how she was designed.

I will take genuine character development over Mary Sue any day.

And in RCR it's clunky as shit. I'd rather have single buttons. Plus, that's still 4 buttons unaccounted for.

Oh no, Anamanaguchi never fucked her.

But Anamanaguchi are Portlandian hipster douchebags who are good friends with Sarkeesian, who is good friends with Larson.

Word spreads down the chain, Anamanaguchi withdraw the rights to the soundtrack for the game from Ubisoft.

Ubisoft are left with the problem of either commissioning a new soundtrack, or pulling the game off the PSN/XBLA stores.
And since the game was a good 4 years old at this point and not making too much money off it any more, the financial choice was an easy one.

its not a crime in canada anymore, especially if you are a muslim

This is fucking bullshit, man.

the things in this thread are the reasons humanity needs to die

that was edge? user, da fuck?

I agree with the last user, that was really Islamophobic bro, I think you need to make an apology to the Muslim community.

Trudeau go to bed

I think it was more that knives was so young that she idolized Scott to the point where it was a completely one sided relationship. Not so much the sex.

I think you might be a bit confused, user.

Point was, making a political statement about mudslimes was irrelevant and tacky. Edge can be good, edge for the sake of edge ain't.

i keked

well it didnt help that scott didnt give a fuck about her. Especially when he found the used goods character.

Knives was FAR too good for him. He was a beta moron who was attracted by a warning colour special snowflake (ie: dogshit) when he already had the best kind of girl a guy could get- a kind hearted cute girl who actually cared about him and hadn't spread her legs for every Joe on the block.

A halfway decent thread about Scott Pilgrim on Holla Forums. I thought I'd never see the day.

When I was a more impressionable git, I really liked the franchise, but now, I'm sort of grossed out by it, which is a shame, because I really like Brian Lee O Malley's artwork. Gives off that goofy 1960's/1970's manga vibe.

I like the movie's visuals and sound design, so I don't mind having it on as background noise if anything, but the story is garbage otherwise. Scott should have stayed with Knives as an adapation exclusive ending.

I disagree about the game being a more polished RCR. If anything, it brings out the worst in RCRs flaws, namely the level grinding. Though IMO it's worth playing for Paul Robertson's animation alone. It's an alright game, but nowhere near a replacement for the Kunio Kun series.

Anyone who bought the DLC is a good goy, btw. Paul Robertson did NOT work on Knives and Wallace's sprites, as they're just headswaps of Kim and Stephen Stills respectively.

That's obviously a joke you sperg. Never read or played sp, but that's pretty fucking obviously meant to be a joke based on the hokey nature of vidja premises, like beat 8 robot masters or find 7 gems.

Can we all just agree Kim is best girl forever?

Making an offhand muslim joke isn't harming anyone, even if the relevancy of the joke is questionable. It's like calling someone a nigger
you double nigger

Hipster garbage, go play River City Ransom, Streets of Rage 2 or DD: Advance instead.

Fuck off sandnigger sympathizer

That third image triggers me more than it should.

100% accurate

She's right though, she's not quite as clever as she thinks she is because that shit is intended, Scott is supposed to be a manchild that's the fucking point.

She's pretty spot on with the twilight comparison though, it just happens that women are never expected to grow up, hell most never do, that's why feminists always go around acting like children throwing tantrums to get their way but never fucking doing any work to fix things themselves.

Post yfw

the comic was enjoyable
the movie ranged from trash to okay
the game was a pretty good beatemup whose worst flaw was that, in trying to be river city ransom, it failed to be river city ransom.
video rental is OP

Eugh, that's too bad. I've got a lot more respect for Bryan O Malley now.

This is not what Scott Pilgrim is even about.
Scott Pilgrim is in no way a chosen one for Ramona, he is pretty much her mirror version. He also went around breaking girls' hears, he pulled the smae shit with Kim, Knives and probably Envy and he was pretty much ready to get his own league of evil exes.

The comics are not really about Scott Pilgrim fighting for his love, it is about him getting into a relationship out of boredom learning actual feelings.

It might be hipster garbage with pop culture references out the ass but it has a theme.

Why are you believing some user who is regurgitating a rumor of a rumor of a rumor that has had no source whatsoever attached to it?

All those mechanics and half the time you get getting gangbanged by enemies hopping on screen and the physics engine. Wish it could've been a bit more finetuned for fighting enemies instead of just getting knocked down every three seconds

No surprises there

Faggots who think of this series as hipster bait are the worst, it has a surprising mature themes hiding behind it`s whacky style, and it doesn`t even have that much references to popular media

It`s audience is cancer no less

It was fun, but not incredible. At the end of the day, the best thing about it is that guy's pixel art, and Anamanaguchi's music is terrible.

I have read it and I liked it, I even got a couple of volumes, but the videogame - inspired style really gets annoying after a while, and whenever you remember that it very likely was the main force behind its popularity it becomes unbearable.

The movie is great due to a great soundtrack and Edgar Wright's style but it also appears to Michael Cera crowd of Juno-watchin faggots.

Decent game. Shame there's no official way to get it right now. And even the piracy route is difficult because it's hard to look up torrents for it without just getting torrents for the movie and comic scans instead.

FUCKING NORMIIIIIIES

he who lives in a glass house.

All I remember about Scott Pilgrim is that it was shilled and talked about by everyone and quickly went away.

The atmosphere following it made me stay far away. It seemed like some hipster indie shit and had zero interest.

That was actually included.

There was a movie based on this game with Michael Cera as a protagonist and ebin meta commentary ; it can't get to be anymore of hipster bait than this

honestly i feel i dodged a bullet missile when i somehow missed this game back when it was shilled by every games news site there was

>the epic Holla Forums is a hivemind meme
It's shit. There you go. I'm Holla Forums.

2/3 ain't bad, right?

Would you prefer neurotypicals, or others?

I raikku chipuutchune
youtube.com/watch?v=-gx2TAYkIIQ

Anyway, let's have a good old fashioned KILL FUCK MARRY or RATE BEST GIRL or whatever.

First, the honorable mentions
STACEY PILGRIM
Really, really hates Wallace's faggot shenanigans. High tier for that reason alone. Doesn't really do much

JULIE POWERS
The only character that gave me sort of a distaste for Aubrey Plaza. Gasped when Scott got shiskabobbed. Sort of annoying. That was probably the point.

LYNETTE SCOTT
Drummer. Punches the problem hair out of 2nd best girl. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Mid tier.

LISA MILLER
Scott is a platinum fucking faggot for being oblivious to her advances and she would have made a worthy first girlfriend and decent normalfag's breakup. But then we would not have had a story.

my nigger

There a higher res picture of that? I fucking love Final Fight.

Also I thought I'd just let you guys know I just took this huge shit.

The new scott pilgrim looks great!

Good job tom!

I haven't puked so hard in my entire life. No elbows, no knees. Just tree trunks, both the arms and the legs.

She is trash and your taste is shit.

Huh, looks like they wordfiltered normalfages

Just say normalfag, normalfages is the politically correct reddit way of saying it.

are there any girls that arent damaged/used goods?

can't find anything right now so have some maki instead

Now I'm really confused

Well Lisa might or might not be since we barely know anything about her.

Pixel art was ok and I think just before it all went to shit with retro 8bit atari 2600 sprites.

Gameplays is fine, I appreciate the up and down dash, makes there feel like there's more ease of movement.

Counter is broken good and one of the more early skills in the game so it's a little balance issue and the weapon swing speed boost is pretty OP too.

Boss fights are sometimes a little too basic, like the twins seem to die in an instant and the final boss isn't much thanks to literally giving you the best weapon at the door to it and you're always the right level for the increased swing speed at that point (I know there's another phase but he's small time)

I liked the Zombie mode and the secret bosses summon was cool.

The one you engineer yourself.

That movie was the BEST adaptation we could hope for, Scott Pilgrim`s style doesn`t transfer well to other movies, Wright agreeing to pick up the project was a godsend, in the hands of any other director it would have been a mess

Yes Cera and the girl who makes Ramona sucks, but you get pretty good support characters, a godlike pacing, meta jokes that are pretty much taken from the original material and just slightly adapted to the big screen, and they land every time unless you are not into that stuff

It was a great film on its own

I don't wanna remember these people

The girl who plays Ramona fits the character perfectly, comic Ramona was also a huge bitch.

Scott was not enough of an asshole in the movie though.

And now, the main events

KNIVES CHAU
A pure maiden Scott does not deserve. Starts out kind of vapid, which was the point. Really comes on her own as a character and Radiomaru needs to give her her own comic. 3rd place.

ENVY ADAMS
A prime example of why you don't date girls with your same interests. Also holds petty grudges. A bit vague on why she and Scott had beef, but it's apparently as much his fault as it is hers. She's basically Ellen Aim from Streets of Fire if she was a huge bitch. Still a better girl than Ramona.

KIM PINE
Best girl ever and Scott's worst mistake. Plebs hate her for being a snarky little cunt. None of the snark would have developed in her if Scott hadn't toyed with her the way he did. Wears an adorable gothic lolita outfit for 3 panels. Lesbian degenerate when she's drunk (but of course who wouldn't make out with Knives). Best girl otherwise.

RAMONA FLOWERS
Mistress of the mixed message. Problem hair of every color of the rainbow. Used goods of the highest degree. Worst girl, and nothing you can say will make me believe otherwise. Gets cosplayed a lot, but few ever pull her off well. The "people can change for the good" theme is never is executed well with her the way it is with Scott. Mary Elizabeth Winstead looks hot at least, I guess.

Finally someone else sees Kim as top tier, you are truly my nigga.

Lisa obviously the superior girl hands down, Childhood Friend®, just the right amount of slut and a nice girl to be with all around

n o r m i e s, they wordfiltered n o r m i e s into normalfags and I tried to get around it and failed like a retard.

Awesome Paul Robertson art
Good gameplay based on RCR
Great soundtrack sadly made by a bunch of whiny SJW turds

Pretty much it. Worth getting it running on a CFW'd PS3.

For those wanting something similar, check out the Phantom Breaker beat'em up spinoff.

meant to say knives is 2nd place btw

I wish there was more art of Maki from her Final Fight 2 outfit. That's ten times sexier than her SNKvCapcom2 outfit.

Oh fug, it didn't show up on my post.

It's a bretty gud beat'em up.

This.

It was supposed to be over the top and a little bizarre at times. Go play The Last of Us or something like that for mature gamers such as yourself.

You fucking normalfag.

don't be so rude friendo

Get bullied nerd

You're so full of shit that i could rent you to Putin to use you a cheap alternative to gas fuel for his pipeline

The fact that it's style doesn`t transfer well to movies is indicative as to the reason why movies like that are generally are not made and you know what?

THANK GOD FOR THAT

Because you either end up with movies like Double Dragon and it's utterly retarded and unintetional comedic value or even worse , with Scott Pilgrim where you have some pretentious little twat using the "3Deep5Uplets" and "mature themes" cards unironically on a Sri Lankan basalt rock carving board to describe a movie where bad guys fart thunderbolts out of their ass and explode into fucking pennies

Fuck off you little hipster fag

Comics were good, game was okay but uninspired, movie was mediocre. People saying Scott should have stayed with Knives missed the point of the series, Scott was a huge douchebag and would have ruined Knives' life like he ruined Kim's.

I am disappointed it isn't double
the game was pretty okay but lacking in some areas
the movie was just plain hipster garbage

I had a dream that they ported Scott Pilgrim to the 3ds last night. it was weird

That's what I have been trying to say this whole time.

They're hot if you're into Jim Davis artsyle

Is it story time?

Nope, sameface fetish time

(((thank)))

The comics were hipstershit before hipstershit was a thing.

But I like them. A lot. They're pretty comfy, and they sorta got me to listen to Plumtree, and Plumtree is probably my favourite band now.

The movie flip-flopped between "alright with some pretty cool visual effects" to "jesus christ just fucking kill me".

I love the game to death, other than the fact that you have to grind EXP if you're playing alone. I've never played it with friends, because I don't have those.

Comic story about a manchild realizing how much of a shitter he is was alright. The movie was awful.

The game was a pretty satisfying beat-em-up with couch co-op.

Maybe I should reread this comic. Not sure I want to bother with the color editions, though.

For anyone wondering, Seconds is also bretty gud.

The color editions are nice but it doesn't really add all that much since the shading was handled pretty well in the B&Ws. I thought Seconds was okay but it kinda felt like the second half just fizzled out.

You are a fine gentleman of good tastes

I actually like the books alot. I think they're pretty nice. Used to read the first few when they came out back in high school.
The movie is well shot but not too funny except for a few spots
The game is pretty good. Final level is pure bullshit though.

This reminds me, who's hyped for the next episode? This time he's been really taking his time working on it.

I have this, it's a decent game that tries to pander to nostalgia or retro hipsters of the time it came out in, but ends up being quite alright on its own. Would have really benefited from just two more stages and online play on launch. The DLC is Jewish as all hell and not even handled by the same guys.
As far as the series, I think SP is a great "pre-normalization of niche hobbies" comic book. Corny as all hell but the kind that was only possible when you weren't constantly reminded of hipsters when thinking of oldschool vidya.
The movie was really great choreography and jokes but shit as all hell casting except for Kim and Roxy (which by the way is a solid mid tier). Michael Cera is a shit actor that stutters all the fucking time and does not represent the douchey character that Scott is supposed to be.

I expected some lewd posting tho what's with this clean thread

I'm pretty hyped. I just hope it gets released soon.

holy shit

The Scott Pilgrim movie adaptation would've been infinitely better as a cartoon series instead of yet another "Michael Cera falls in love" movie.

One bizarre little fact I learnt about the writing or the movie/comics was that after O'Malley sold the movie right and starting seeing the movie script, he started asking is he could use jokes from the script in the comic.

Now this is where it's get troubling.

Books good
Movies meh
Games good

But nobody on Holla Forums knows that because they're a bunch of retarded faggots that don't check things out themselves and would rather listen to dipshits that don't know anything about it and calling it "hipster meme trash"

i hope these panels aren't supposed to be an example of good writing, this is retarded like how the persona 4 cast never realize they could avoid fighting their shadows by not being stubborn

The comic maintains a quota of silly, but gets serious within the standards it sets, if it makes any sense.

Like how JoJo is this… flamboyant as fuck shonen with ridiculous everything played absolutely straight, but when you're immersed in it, you feel every emotion the manga wants you to feel.

well the joestars wouldn't keep butting their head against the wall when the 8 narrators they have going at any given moment yell that it's not working

but i don't know full context so maybe he figures it out

lol lower-class trashtaste

I liked the comics, and O Malley's other comics. Kim Pine is best girl.

Tons of videogames have even more retarded premises and are still fun. Premises don't make a story bad, shitty writing does. You sound like a pretentious faggot who dislikes or likes things for very shallow reasons.

You don't know how vaginas work, do you? They don't magically loosen up. They can even go back to close to normal even after having a baby.

I really liked seconds. It felt like a pretty thoughtful piece.

It also involves someone getting back up with their ex, which was probably some of the what he was feeling after hope pulled her bullshit.

Soulless egotism.
hellbound and proud.

Isn't that band also friends with Christopher Poole as well?

He was in a video, not sure if that relation was maintained, especially post-cuntfest.

They were very popular with some Jannies from Janiteam. Other than that, I don't know how close they are to moot, because moot never fucking talked in the chat.

I think Scott Pilgrim ruined Holla Forums in 2010 and cannot be forgiven.

the current MLP came out in 2010

The Comic: Autism shit
The Movie: Autism shit
The Game: Shit

Then call it a perfect storm. Point is, Scott Pilgrim had a role in it.

Also, since this is Holla Forums, I might as well say my honest opinion of the game. The spritework was great, but otherwise it was a totally subpar BEM that didn't come close to living up to the ones it tried to emulate like River City Ransom.

Scott was such a dick for ditching Knives for Ramona. I don't know how they expected us to sympathize with him. He just told a girl who loves him for who he is to fuck off just so he could chase after a girl who will only get with him if he beats her evil exes.

i cant help it, red hair with freckles is MUH DICK tier

top meh

b-but I always banned porn dumps

The "this book is in black and white" joke in Volume 2 was changed in the color version. Other than that, stick to the originals.

Comics were okay
Movie was shit
Game was shit

It was Homestuck that ruined Holla Forums. No fuck that, Homestuck ruined 4chan. And it'll ruin full/v/ if you fucks don't step up.

I had forgotten about that until now…

How's it possible that there's other people with that name?
Who here knows someone with "Powers" as a last name?

It's a fictional character

Smashing, baby

Honestly a better choice for a Holla Forums waifu.

Where's the porn, eggman?

Literally who?

I like Julie and I like Aubrey Plaza, works for me.

My last name is Powers.

Shouldn't that make it even rarer?

I hated how they fucked Powerpack out of a reboot because some dude grabbed Julie and turned her into a lesbian but now with how Marvel is today, I'm happy; same for Runaways.

You're a freak.

Isn't that the point of the entire series? Scott's an insensitive asshole who's also implied to be autistic.

Every fucking time.

You just described scott, the main character of the comic. It should also be noted that Scott's perception of things around him are off by a large margin.

I wanted to play it but I don't buy shit from online console stores. Now I can't play it. Fucked thing is I couldn't care less about Amanaguchi's stupid chiptune fucking garbage and would buy the game with no soundtrack if they released it on PC, but I can't do that.

From what I heard the lack of online co-op is what killed it on release. I hear that was a choice by Bryan O'Malley himself because he wanted people to be in the same room with two controllers and connect like when he was a kid. I guess he didn't realize we're all manchildren who's friends have lives and jobs and shit who aren't going to take time out of their day to play some hipster game they've never heard of with their loser friend.

You dickless fucking faggot.

I take it you watched the movie, in the comic the relationship between Scott and Ramona is very shallow and it doesn't become serious until midway through because they grow to actually like each other beyond superficial appearances. And Knives and Scott was a blatant one sided love and Scott rolled with it because that is what he does cause he's a dick, his rejection of leading her on and cutting that shit out is a significant turning point.

He's just retarded. Remember how he has friends? Well. "friends," but he isn't a goddamn outcast like CWC.

But user, everyone who posts on an imageboard is more than likely to be an autist.

You can have friends while being autistic, user.

I used to like Aubrey but her schtick in Parks and Rec was so tiresome that it kind of soured me on her. Plus she's got that latina thing where she looks ten years older than she really is and you can tell she's REALLY not going to age well.

It's the ultimate Beta fantasy - to finally "get the gurl" after all those other guys (Alphas) were soooo mean to her.

Dude left his perfect little asian gf with tight pussy for a used up whore who has already sucked 30+ dicks. smh…

Pretentious hipster bullshit.

But that's every person in the comic.

Orderlies don't count

You are 100%

That`s why Edgar Wright avoids all the substance and replace it with style, a little bit of the comic and a lot of his own material, check HOT FUSS for fuck sake, it`s the exact same pacing and cuts, the movie is self conscious about it too

It`s more of an Edgar movie that a scott pilgrim one, that`s why it worked, faggot

O`maley writing was genuine, don`t let your hatred for hipster blind you

tumblr.com

Fucking garbage comic. For some reason the writer thought that no, the main character doesn't need to be likable until the last few pages of the entire series.

It's an exercise in putting up with retards.

Don't post yurishit.

make me

Man, that was honestly the best damn Knives' Help. Every frame of that animation is priceless.

It's canon, tho.

What is character development?

Never read the comics, movie was ok, game was surprisingly fun with friends but the online play update took so fucking long to come out the game was dead when it did.

Traditionally, the character is suppose to develop over the entire comic and show indication of development early on if it's going to be a long run, not be an unlikable ass for the entire run and then change in like 10 pages.

It was fucking garbage.

I read the entire comic, .cbr files I got from old Holla Forums before the exodus and before the film if that matters, and it was a fucking garbage experience. Hipster shit that was ultrapadded with nonsense - there was a fucking recipe for vegetarian/vegan dishes in the middle of one. Absolute fucking garbage. Every character was an unlikable ass or faggot until the last 10 pages of the entire thing, and that is not well paced character development for a long run comic. The only character that was remotely likable was Kim and Knives and only because I wanted them to realize that they're surrounded by assholes and leave so leave could live happy lives surrounded by humans instead of walking assholes that make up the rest of the cast. And that drunk lesbian kiss they had was more stupid padding.

The comic is shit.

Shit.

As someone who eats mostly beef, you have no taste. Possibly literally.

Nice response you fat cunt.

I think SP is not vidya.
No a movie isn't a game

Tell that to the Holla Forums Jojo threads.

The characters being unlikeable speaks a lot about the type of people the writer knew in life, since he basically wrote what he knew.

I don't know, it reminds me a whole lot to me, so I felt empathy and I did some reflecting.

This. So either anyone in Toronto is like that or the writer had really bad luck.
Consider that this was the begging of the hipster stuff, so they were actually the original hipsters.

Everyone in Toronto is like that, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it's true. The good folk in this country don't live in the cities.

I'm talking about the recipe you insufferable cunt. The comics aren't for the average Holla Forumstard so of course you hate them.

But as a cu/ck/ back in the glory days of halfchan, you're the type of nigger to call IHOP fine dining. Get the fuck out of my face.

Between his divorce and this, I feel bad for Bryan.

I think the comic would have had a better ending if Scott, after going through all of that, decides that he'd rather be friends with Ramona. Would have really cemented the "I have to learn to love myself before I can really love anybody," theme and mentality.

I would have liked it more that way, in any case.

i try not to its cringey as fuck.
the movie was 'fun with friends'

also the asian chick is best girl

You're unlikable then. Congratulations on being an unlikable human being that needed a comic to be a better person.

Consider Canada is liberal heaven… Scott Pilgrim sure is a reflection of that. It's a shame country folks don't give a shit, that's why the liberals run free. Or that's my guess at least.

I just realized I was shit when I didn't know it. We are all unlikable, user. You're being a cunt right now, for example.

At least I'm no the cunt who was such a cunt he couldn't realize he was a cunt without reading Scott Cuntgrim.

I think the comic is a great criticism of cringe-worthy hipster manchildren
and can't read it anymore because I too loved it as an impressionable git, for all the wrong reasons, reading it basically as a so-nerdy-ecks-dee-Twilight, and so now I just cringe for days on end when trying to read it

Scott Pilgrim is basically a more cancerous version of Road Runner. Chuck Jones didn't like chase cartoons, made a cartoon to mock them, ended up with people loving it as a chase cartoon. O'Malley realised he was a little shit obsessed with nerdy bullshit and with himself, made comics exhorcising his regrets and criticising himself, ended up with nerdy bulshitty people loving it.

His next comic should be about a cynical comic-writer coming to terms with having the wrong audience so long as he has some audience and also gets lots of money

also vid embed RE: the movie

As an unbiased observer you seem like an even bigger cunt, actually.

Saying 'well aksually I'm unbaised' is the biggest cunt thing a cunt can ooze out of his cunt mouth.

Yeah third guy, you're a completely insufferable cunty asshole.

ITT: "Hipsters are just a meme, they don't exist."

Seems to be the case for most people, but like I previously stated, the times were different and we still didn't know the multicolored enemy who'd be approaching the hobbyist industries some years down the line.

By the by, still waiting for them lewds

I seriously doubt online co-op would have improved sales. The Wallace DLC allows online co-op, tho.
Also, you don't have to buy it, just CFW your PS3 and play it, that's what I did, but I think there's a PS3 emulator already, but it's shit, like emulation in general.

No, I knew I was a cunt, what I didn't realize is that I was hurting people. Then I realized, but I didn't stop because why would I? It's not like I have a particular reason to improve. Although now that I have a job I did it a bit, I guess.
Thanks for making me blog post, fag. I love you

To be fair, since Scott Pilgrim is the origin or part of the origin of the hipster culture, it couldn't be hipster itself, ironically, because it's now mainstream.

It's less "hipsters don't exist" and more "the comic isn't praising hipsters, not entirely at least"

Here you go. That song came out almost 6 years ago, amazingly enough

Don't kid yourself, tiny tim

More like third wheel, to men. That makes you a fag cunt.

Eat a cunt, cunt.

You're both unbearable pieces of shit tbh fampai, and I'd likely dropkick you both just on the first sign of you acting up.

There is substance in the comic for those who dig, but the LEL SO NARDY references I suppose act like a filter. I know I get repelled by it now, even as someone who actually plays /vr/ tier games regularly. At the very least, O'Malley does put actual obscure to the average normalfag reference, like an ArcSys Hokuto No Ken machine in one of the backgrounds of vol 6 iirc.

The comic is basically a criticism against both being a NEET and being a hipster POS. A lot must've missed the memo, though.

It's alright porn, a lot of porn artists don't have a more better simplistic style, and the ones that do usually just look fucking terrible.

Well that was weird, I was assuming you'd be post stuff not in the original art style and I'm not sure my request was a good one
Just fetish stuff huh?
I can agree with that, but O'Malley himself seems like he forgot all about his lessons. I still wish I knew what happened that thebestgamers did to make him delete his own dA.

Jay Sherman pls go

I think the girls are cute.

Kim and Knives were cute.

You're cute faggot

Pretty sure that's because the comic glorifies hipsters one way or another. Although though the end everyone get over it since they have jobs and responsibilities right now.
Hipster shit get's so ridiculous that even Scott and Ramona got sick of it, which is supposed to be part of that message, I guess.

What?

Rockcock64 claims they're the reason O'Malley deleted his dA account.

I don't mean to sound smug or elitist but I don't know who thebestgamersare, the only internet videogame watch is TB sometimes. How could a bunch of videogame reviewer faggots have killed off a DA of somebody who's shit has been turned into a major Hollywood movie?

judging by an image posted above in this thread, someone took a lot of time to go troll him repeatedly at dA. That'd probably do it.

So are they ayyteam style internet faggots or TB style videogame reviewing faggots or letsplayers or what?

No idea, don't know if Rockcock64 are even the same people depicted in , just saying that that'd probably lead to someone closing their dA account, even if their shit has been turned into a major (flopped) hollywood film.

It's literally cancer. The comic itself is the single most cancerous comic ever made. The movie's just as bad.

The Game and the Movie were both alright going through, but nothing really memorable aside from the OST for the game.

thebestgamers are a group of youtube shitposters who used to make mock reviews of videogames to try and get as many autists, fanboys and kids angry at them, regardless of what they thought of the games they reviewed (which in most cases they didn't even play themselves and just stole footage from similar looking games) releasing their reviews as soon as the game was almost out so that they could bait more people into watching them. Over time they got a bit more analytical and true to their word, like the times they did a honest review of Minecraft and called out Phil Fish for being one of the biggest autists to ever grace the indie community.

Yeah great point except the point of the comic is that Scott is childish, self-centered and brainless, same for Ramona.