Politik BBS

INCOMING TRANSMISSION FROM THE FRONT-LINES OF THE
MEMEWAR…

---------------------------------------------------------------------| From the desk of The Enlightened One || March 22, 2017 |_______________________________________Hello fellow Neo-Nazis :^)Today I am announcing to you a pet project to be revealed in just afew months! I am going to be creating The Politik BBS! What is a BBS,you wonder?A BBS IS:An information exchange service popular before the early days ofthe Internet, before the creation of HTML/"Websites". It existed tothe public since the early 1970's and lasted all the way until the1990's. Now-a-days it's mostly used by oriental Koreans but it's gettinga comeback, especially in the Cyberpunk/Cypherpunk communities.This BBS will be designed for Holla Forums users! As a Holla Forums user I haveexperience in the BBS scene. I used them way back when. Have you everused Usenet? The original ideas of the BBS scene were designed to emulateUsenet. However, besides the transfer of plain-text files, BBS also addssome nice features such as:* ABILITY FOR NODE-TO-NODE (INTER-BBS CHAT) VIA THE UNIX[*] TALK PROGRAM* UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD OF FILES THROUGH A VARIETY OF PROTOCOLS (USUALLY X- Y- Y-G AND Z-MODEM)* ACCESS TO OTHER SERVICES SUCH AS FIDONET ECHO (A USENET-LIKE SERVICE) AND ACCESS TO USENET AND EVEN OTHER BBS'* INTER-BBS PRIVATE EMAIL (THAT IS ALSO PUBLIC FACING)* "DOOR" GAMES SUCH AS MONOPOLY, ZORK, AND ADVENTURE!!!!!!!!!1!11!* ALL CAPS DOES NOT MEAN YELLING, IT SIMPLY MEANS EMPHASISNow all this sounds good and perhaps the slightest bit hobbyist but youmay be saying "Why would I, a Holla Forums user, want to use such a thing."I'm glad you asked, schlomo!You see.......................* BBS is good for if they want to SHOAH us. You have a (semi)-reliable fallback* It's mostly Text-Files with no limit in character so you can post your ramblings in longer-form and not care about limit* It's easily archiveable/lasts longer on the forum than the fast-paced Holla Forums* It requires an account (pseudonym allowed) so less spam* It uses standardized protocols that work in computer terminals, rather than bloatware web browsers.* It fits the Fashwave A S T H E T I C S you got going on* It can not be archived by a web crawler so normalfags don't get there* No CIAniggers. I repeat: NO CIANIGGERS!To use a BBS all one needs is to connect to it via Telnet. No specialclient, no JS, no viruses, no ADs (unless someone posts a text ad tothe forum).Older BBS' also had phone-line access. I may install a few telephonenodes. Imagine if we had a happening where the entire East Coast'sinternet came down and you needed an easy way to converse with yourfellow Holla Forumslacks. You just call up the BBS nodes using a smart modemyou bought from the thrift store, log in, shitpost, and then your westcoast buds spread the info.Like my idea?I feel that if BBS came back we'd be able to survive any happening mucheasier. The computer technology of the 1980's was much more reliablethan that of the modern web. CB radio too. But I digress...I plan to have one up and running in the next few months once I buy adedicated server. Also, if people like the idea.----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- The ENliGHTENed OnE[*] UNIX s a registered trademark of The Open Group

Kike

First time, every time

Come back when you've got something to show.

Where is the IP and port, CIA nigger?

It's a proposal. I wanted to see what people would think of the idea then start setting it up. Shouldn't take too long to set up. I plan to run it off of an old computer and havent desided the system yet, maybe a BSD.

No, just no

A good BBS is important backup and we ought to develop it's culture.

Why use Telnet instead of SSH?

Because that's what BBS runs on when not direct-dial. I know of no BBS software that evolved out of the Telnet protocol, except SDF. SDF doesn't count though since they're no longer a BBS but a loan shell.

Well good luck getting it set up, direct dialing would be a great fallback if everything else gets shoahed.

1. Needs forced user, even if accounts. No usernames.
2. How can you prove there'll be no CIAniggers?
Other than that I'm on board.

I hope you're offering this as a onion service. If not, then this is a shit idea on too many levels.

1. Forced user is against the rules of Fido-net. I want to become a Fidonet node because I feel access to their discussion nodes would be nice for the community.

2. Because the modern CIA is too stupid to even use Windows right. All normalfags, the CIA. We're using Telnet and a computer you literally call over the phone. 1980's War Games shit. That's beyond their redditor Kyle Drake millenial staff and the old geezers who supervise them.

I'd allow Tor access. I don't know what you'd mean by "encryption" though. Your fear is that I'm using Telnet rather than SSH?

Sorry, meant to say Kyle Drake-tier. Fucked it up

Lessee

Have fun with your one man meme war club. Good luck getting asskissers

0/10 Also,

kys

It's time to stop with this shit
it's been getting cringe inducing for weeks now
another small niche genre/community destroyed by cancer

Yes, I consider
1) no client-to-server encryption (i.e. telnet instead of ssh)
2) (likely) no server-to-server encryption
3) no built in end-to-end encryption of private messages (when your system is needed, it's too late to teach users about pgp)
4) no signing of messages
5) no plausible deniability for private messages
6) no plausible deniability that communication with a certain person happened at all
a bad idea. In this age (and especially during crisis where the internet of a whole country is shut down) we can consider everything wiretapped. If it's a popular medium, it's also likely to be full of shills and an unmanageable amount of spambots.

I understand that implementing all of this in a BBS system is probably impossible. I'd consider a entirely different approach to this problem. An approach which benefits from the lessons learned in the last 30+ years of networking.

I suggest a system that takes care of identity management, i.e. an easy (!) way of creating public/private keypairs and using them to sign data and other people's keys. PGP already does this, but has shit usability. Also there's literally no implementation of automatic web-of-trust verification. I've been thinking about a solution to this issue for a while and I can elaborate on it if you like.

Then we need a communication system like tor (onion only) or i2p but which can be used over phone lines or ham radio. Unfortunately I don't know enough about that topic to provide useful info.

haha
time to exodus

I like it, if only because Telnet is the best normie filter there is.
I'm still occasionally playing MUDs, and it's like it's still the 90's there. I'd assume it'll be the same there.

Seriously CIAgger?

You're making me nervous.

Well on your first point I suppose I could do some hacks to get some old BBS software running on SSH.

Two, It'd start with a single machine hosted in my home. I don't think server-to-server encryption is needed when they are physically connected and not remotely connected.

Third, I don't know how I'd implement the end-to-end encryption. Maybe OTR? Some BBS software later implemented the original IRC protocol too so we wouldn't need to use the more-archaic Talk protocol, and IRC has some good encryption standards. That'd also fix points 4, 5, and 6, wouldn't it? Implementing an OTR system for the private messaging feature?

Remember though that the concept of a BBS is more than point-to-point IM (and email). It's also a discussion forum that transfers plain-text files for messages, has amusement such as DOS games, and has file upload/download so we could share PDFs. I think that actual IM should be worried about last since the other things are the higher priority. The forum and the filestore.

So you're just a kimmo alm 2.0?
>Trying to establish a community run by you and lead by you
>Trying to push namefaggotry on anoymous imageboards

Holla Forums has bunkers on danknet and zero-net, which do twice as good job as your little sekrit project
Also
You could elaborate instead of going full H-h-help me guyse!
FURTHERMORE
Go back to reddit where you belong

All BBS require accounts, but it can be a pseudonym. Node-to-node chat is just a common feature. Learn what a BBS is. I suggest textfiles.com

He has not once asked for help in any of his posts. Are you mentally ill or a shill for the other sites you mentioned as "superior backups"? It's obvious as fuck that you are at least one of these.

I think it's one of those bots but I'm starting to think I should have maybe posted this elsewhere, like the meta board. But thanks guys, so far the people seem to like the idea plus or minus a few things.

You all are a bunch of fucking jews, jesus christ, can't we focus on making less autistic projects?

You can't implement end-to-end encryption because an ssh client only displays data. It cannot encrypt anything besides the communication to the server. End-to-end encryption has to be done locally on the user's machine. Using BBSs, you'd have to do the encryption and decryption (:^)) on your server, but then it's not end-to-end anymore.

If end-to-end crypto using otr was possible here, this would solve 3, 4 and 5, but I'm not sure if this works for large files or non-instant (e-mail like) communication. 6 is still a problem because an adversary can watch all connections to your machine and do timing/correlation analysis.
Also you'd be missing a web of trust like pgp has, which is really useful if you want to communicate with somebody who you can't meet for fingerprint verification or who you don't know well enough to have any shared secrets with to do this. But like I said, there's no software which does this automatically for pgp keys, so this isn't actually used except by some autists. So pgp also is not the solution.

Interesting points. Still, I see no reason to need encryption on a service like this except for messages. It'd have tor access, the accounts are disposable, and I doubt people would really use the chat protocols anyway. It'd primarally be forum and file transfer. I do see the need for the IM encryption, and the email encryption, but other services running on the machine I don't.

Hey Rachel Maddow, you're not getting my IP, Kike.

Fuck off

You could not be more obvious about the fact that you are not from here. This reeks of outside influence. And quit namefagging, dipshit.