3DS Homebrew Bunker: Downgrading in 0.5x A Presses Edition

DOWNGRADING FROM 11.0 IS BROKEN
UPDATING EMUNAND TO 11.0 IS SAFE
INSTALLATION GUIDE (PARTS 1-3 FOR DOWNGRADE + EMUNAND, 4 AND 5 FOR A9LH SETUP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Get-Started
If you're a full on ADHD Retard you can get a Chrome Extension to help you with the guide as well: bob.me.tz/age/
Memchunkhax2 is an exploit used to downgrade 3DS firmware. Most importantly, it can downgrade to 9.2, which is the ideal firmware that can be further exploited for access to CFW, and thus piracy and faster homebrew and emulators via kernel mode. This is possible on any firmware up to and including 10.7. Memchunkhax2 requires access to homebrew in order to run.
Memchunkhax2.1 is an exploit, much like it's predecessor, to downgrade 3DS firmware. This time, it works on 10.4-10.7, and is considerably more stable(?). As it is a new exploit that just popped out of nowhere, it may be untested and unstable for some systems and firmwares. Use this exploit at your own risk.
AFTER 11.0, DOWNGRADING IS BROKEN INDEFINITELY.
While 11.0 has only managed to patch MemChunkHax2.1 halfway, Nintendo has instated a minimum system app version list. This means that without a hardmod, it will take another exploit on the scale of 9.2 to be able to downgrade.
First, quit being such a massive faggot, and then find your firmware version below. Then see smealum.github.io/3ds/, unzip the starter kit to your SD card, and follow instructions to setup the Homebrew Launcher. Note that Tubehax is dead on all devices, all firmwares. Ignore it.
If you have a browser available, use the package in part 4 of the installation guide to dump your OTP, then update to 9.2 and install A9LH+CFW. Read here for more details: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You'll want to update to 9.0-9.2, preferably 9.2. There are ways to update straight to 9.X with CFW, or you can find a game card that has a 9.0-9.2 update on-cart and use that. read here for more details. github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update
You have no use for memchunkhax2/3. Install a CFW of your choice.
Use browserhax, optionally install menuhax as a more permanent solution. Downgrade with memchunkhax2.
If you have the update nag that prevents you from using the web browser, change your system's date to January 1st, 2000 at 00:00, initialize savedata, and immediately use browserhax. Don't exit the browser using the home button, or you'll have to reinitalize save data.
If you have the nag, you can beat it by opening the web browser as fast as you can from boot before the update nag kicks you out. Bookmark the applicable browserhax link, use as quickly as possible. You'll have about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you can use Smashhax if possible. Install menuhax immediately afterwards. Use memchunkhax2.
As of writing, from these firmwares upwards on n3DS systems ONLY, you should not have the browser nag. Use browserhax as normal, install menuhax, use memchunkhax2.
Browserhax and menuhax are usable. Ironhax does not work on this firmware as 10.4 REQUIRES you to update the game before launching it. Use memchunkhax2.1.
Downgrades are possible, but browserhax is broken. You must have a secondary exploit game (Cubic Ninja, Ocarina of Time 3D, soon Pokemon ORAS) In order to use these, you must have another 3DS with homebrew or a Powersaves (OOT3D ONLY). For more info on Powersaves, go here gbatemp.net/threads/oot3dhax-powersave-edition.401799/
No Downgrades. Homebrew is back working again, but you're fucked for downgrades unless you have a hardmod or cfw already. If you're interested in doing a hardmod, a guide is available here: gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-noob-friendly-nand-dumping-2ds-3ds-3ds-xl-n3ds-n3ds-xl.414498/ Downgrade from 11.0 with a hardmod is outlined in the A9LH Guide.

Other urls found in this thread:

gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/
gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
archive.is/SsDyf
pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U
my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
volafile.io/r/acH6c7
github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases
my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
pastebin.com/HWih2GZx
archive.is/piuFT
plutooo.github.io/freakyhax/
modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade#optional-making-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
3dsthem.es/1131
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
mega.nz/#!xZZySA5C!9LdWkIROwDIxFchV6tXwxiRrcO9y3y9XEIxq-WUOrvA
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(Getting-the-OTP)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin
mkey.salthax.org/
buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.4/nintendo/3ds/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum)
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size
github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-4-(2.1.0-Downgrade)
gbatemp.net/threads/sharing-story-i-was-stuck-with-arm11-bin-to-get-otp-for-2-days-and-found-the-unlikely-problem.428384/
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnePGjBcWudNW0tNndpMXhzaGs/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnePGjBcWudQ3hIQktWV1p6SHc/view
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting
gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Luma3DS and ReiNAND are the two most popular CFW and support A9LH, as well as having a number of features: Region Free, Language Emulation, etc.
rxTools is now out of date and lacks support for newer features as well as no longer under active development. Not recommended. If you have been using it previously, it is advised to switch.
All CFWs support both O3DS and N3DS.
For additional features such as cheats, save states, screenshots, and screen capture(NEW 3DS ONLY), use your CFW of choice to launch NTR CFW.
For NTR to launch, you must download a Firmware.bin file from the A9LH guide, part 5, even if you're using emunand.
Do further, thorough research on your own. Ask smart questions here.
See: gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-a-legit-cia-and-other-noob-cia-questions-answered.386705/
See: gbatemp.net/threads/guide-the-emunand-save-data-mega-guide-gbatemp-doesnt-deserve.378491/
If it isn't showing on your home menu with CFW on, your earlier install of it on sysNAND didn't work. Inject it into the H&S app: gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
Arm9LoaderHax(A9LH) is a (relatively) new entrypoint for booting into emu and sysNAND. The advantages of A9LH include 100% boot rate, and execution before boot. If you install A9LH, you can get rid of emuNAND and load an updated sysNAND to install .cia.
The installation process does have a slight brick risk and requires a downgrade to 2.1.0 in order to dump OTP (One-Time Programmable console-specific information). A9LH does still support booting of emuNAND if need be, but the most popular option is to update sysNAND and use it.
A9LH protects from softbricking once installed, as it can load before the 3ds boots and flash a backup nand image.
Menuhax vs. A9LH: archive.is/SsDyf
3dsiso, 3dschaos, 3ds.titlekeys.com
3DS Downgrading & Setting up CFW Links:
Installation (Follow up to step 3 for sysNAND + emuNAND, all the way for full A9LH Installation)
Thread Archives, 3DSISO Account, and Others: pastebin.com/7JAD1x3U

Downloads
Basic Utilities Pack: my.mixtape.moe/fhasur.zip
A Bunch of 3DS .cia's: pastebin.com/UdL5SN04
Luma3DS (Formerly AuReiNAND) Download: github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
Luma3DS updater CIA: github.com/astronautlevel2/StarUpdater/releases
Luma3ds Nightly Builds: astronautlevel2.github.io/Luma3DS/
ReiNand Download (Now supports O3DS AND N3DS): github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases
Python 2.7: python.org/ftp/python/2.7.10/python-2.7.10.msi
Hardmods and Arm9LoaderHax FAQ: pastebin.com/j0SfeDUn
In-depth Arm9LoaderHax information: gbatemp.net/threads/arm9loader-technical-details-and-discussion.408537/
3d/scurv/ volafile: volafile.io/r/acH6c7
NTR CFW: github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases 3.4 is New 3DS only, 3.2 supports O3DS. No longer in development, but still useful for features.
Last rxTools nightly (Only use if you have to): my.mixtape.moe/vxcoit.zip
Current OP Pasta: pastebin.com/HWih2GZx
Last Thread: archive.is/piuFT

If I were to buy a n3ds (Europe) right now, what firmware would it come with?

any 3ds you get should come with

also anywhere I can buy private headers? I would like to play some of these games online.

Thanks user

cia's don't need headers.

Oh? but I linked my NNID with my Luma3DS, wouldn't I get banned for playing my pirated copy online?

No. cias don't need headers. Play freely. Headers are only needed for .3ds files and you don't have a goyway.

.cia files are just installation files. You generate the headers when you install them to your 3DS and thus you won't get NNID banned when using online services.

So what does the pastebin with all the .cias in it mean by firmware spoofed?

Without NTR, some CFW (rei) won't be able to play out of reigion games, or take DLC.
Region free means it'll work without NTR and take DLC without issue.
Firmware Spoofed means you can play it without updating your console, as some games require you to update your console in order to play them, and this used to be a problem as n3ds users couldn't update beyond 10.4

Ahh, gotcha.

So, Holla Forums, here's a little fun story I had happen to me a few days ago, I hope you like it.

>long time friend got a New! 3DS for his birthday
>gritting my teeth I say "I will if you leave, please, JUST go. away".
>See guide; Your system is not bricked
You have to understand, I've been sitting on my ass here in the floor for at least 5 hours, so I was getting damn tired, of this, of his drunkenness and all the stupid shit he was saying, I needed to FOCUS.

(1/2)

(2/2)

Think about this, a grown near middle-aged man, drunk, crying his eyes out, and having his mom washing the puke off him while my sister records him to shame him for his stupidity. I'm not trying to be mean, the guy just doesn't know how to drink properly, hell, I don't even THINK he should be drinking, medication and all.
I just can't help to feel bad, the guy is /r9k/ material. He would probably post there, but he can't into imageboards, let alone social media.
He's even more tech illiterate than my friend, but at least he has a reason

I didn't tell you guys this, but a few years back, he got so piss drunk while on medication, he smashed the windows and threatened to slit my moms throat. Knife in hand, bleeding out from the shattered glass.
Every time he drinks, we have that fear, it fucking traumatized me, we've gone through some heavy shit, if it wasn't for that, I also wouldn't be as bothered.

Anyway.

What started off as a nice day, meeting up with an old friend to discuss about the possibilities of piracy, turned into something far fucking worse.

At the end of the day, I costed Nintendo a valued customer and found a new fuckbuddy.
He has to pay me back SOMEHOW, right? I even gave him my 32gb Micro SD because the guy didn't know good brand from bad brand.
I'm a fucking monster.

why would you arm9loaderhax at this time of all, or do you not trust your friend with menuhax?

I do NOT trust him with menuhax.

I also found arm9loaderhax to be superior.
I want to do it to mine, but I'm pretty happy with my own menuhax thing, that, and I'm lazy.

I gave him the whole skadoosh due to fear his 3DS getting it's shit fucked up.

Is he cute?
Either way, why the fuck is everyone's family fucked up in some way here? What about bad drunken brothers, tumblrista sisters, tech illerate moms and the lack of fathers bring us together? It can't just be confirmation bias.
On topic: Play any good vidya recently?

That's a kinda shit story, but at least the 3ds didn't get it's shit bricked.

Is he cute

can you go away? sorry to be rude, but no one fucking cares
this isn't your blog, go to tumblr if you want to make a blog. fuck sakes.

Very

We are united by tragedies, we understand what it's like to suffer, what it's like to struggle, to sink so low as to want to die, then to rise up so damn strong we blind the others with the mighty light of righteousness.
Whether our suffering comes from economical hardships or crippling loneliness, all the way to a dysfunctional, abusive family, our pain has brought us here together, like a magnet, united, friendship increasing, a bond come undone, unbreakable, even by the worst of people.

Be grateful you found this board, because it is the last of its kind.
This place gives us a deeper understanding to each other and the things we have risen above, we stand tall.
By ourselves, we are weak, like a twig, but together, we are one mighty faggot.

The posters above say otherwise.
Unless you're calling yourself a nobody.
I've never had a blog and never will, filter and move on.

I have a pretty good family, I'm just the sole fuck up.

also plutoo's new exploit for 11.0 is here plutooo.github.io/freakyhax/
remember: NO DOWNGRADES

either way, there's some string of mental illness that binds us together.

Yeah, it's probably the red thread of fate.

I was raised by a single father, maybe that's why I'm a tremendous faggot with a sugardaddy getting paid to shitpost in his underwear.

Anons, what are the best DS flashcarts that don't require any jury rigging to get working on the 3ds?

You're not allowed to say sugardaddy unless you're a girl, twink or trap. Otherwise it's just disgusting.

r4i gold is the best in terms of compatibility, r4isdhc is the best in terms of cost, but if you swap the shitty firmware on it for one without a timer then black, white, black 2, and white 2 won't work.

If you're in america, I'd recommend using ModChipsDirect, they ship direct from the USA.

So what is the other method that uses OoT3D?

if you have a 3ds with homebrew already you can put it on the cart by getting the homebrew starter pack and running the OoT3DS hax installer. If you have a powersaves, there's a guide in the OP in the 10.6-10.7 section.

Whats the best middle ground? Cost effective but compatible with damn near everything?

I would still say R4i Gold, it's $20 on modchipsdirect.

The most featured ds flash cart would be the SuperCard DSTwo but it's irrelevant on the 3ds because the GBA and SNES emulation aren't that great and I'm pretty sure it's blocked on the latest firmwares.

If you're using luma3ds for your cfw you shouldn't have any problems with any flash cart though.

Acekard, it'll work if you tell Luma3ds to make it.

I gotchu fam, gimmie that paypal and I'll hook you up.

The most expensive is 20$?

Well in that case, the price is pretty much irrelevant, R4i Gold it is.

Don't you mean the R4i 3DS?
The R4i Gold 3DS is an actual 3DS flashcart, while the former is a regular DS flashcart.

modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html is the one that I use: haven't run into any compatibility issues whatsoever.

It uses a microSD for storage (which isn't included, just grab one for cheap off Amazon or a local store, DS games aren't that big; 128mb max) and comes with a super shitty chinese microSD to USB adapter, so if you have no other way of reading microSD cards on your PC, you're at least covered there.

Setup consists of downloading the latest firmware and putting it on the microSD along with the ROMS you want, slapping that shit into the card, and launching. Save files are stored in .sav format so if you want to transfer saves over from DeSmuMe you'll probably have to grab a save converter.

Nah fam I've got emunand for all that, I just want DS games

no, I mean the R4i Gold. There's no reason to use an r4i 3ds, it just emulates an old version of gateway, and if you try to use a newer one it just doesn't work, some brick it. Also, as far as I can tell it can only use MSET. It can play ds games too but it's not worth spending the extra money on, you can use CFW for 3ds games.

u wot? It's literally just a DS flashcart designed to work fine on a 3DS. The Gold is 35$ more for 3DS ROM support but you don't need that if you're on CFW.

What do I need to change/remove in my sd card to remove ctrbootmanager?

I'm currently running it with rxtools for my 9.2/10.7 o3dsxl and it's getting in the way of me trying to switch to Luma.

should I make the jump to a9lh?

what lead paint are you huffing?

you can't use 3DS roms with it unless you're on 4.x firmware. The R4i Gold and R4SDHC both work perfectly fine on the 3ds, they just don't have the letters in the name.

There is literally no reason to have any flash cart except a sky3ds+ if you really need cubic ninja, which is a waste now because you can use OoT with powersaves for half the price of that.

the fuck are we talking about?

is modchipsdirect.com/r4i-3ds-r4ds-wood.html

actually a good option for DS games? plays them all at an acceptable speed and all?

he's talking about the old R4i 3DS cart that played 3ds roms by running a gateway launcher, which is a shit idea because it only works with an old version that only supports up to 9.9 emunand with the n3ds and lacks support for a bunch of games, and you can't use a new one or it will brick your 3ds or just not work. The one you linked is the one I have and it works perfectly. Just remember, if you hold start after selecting it with the menu it will load at the right resolution and not stretch it to disgusting lengths.

if you want to use luma3ds with ctrbootmanager just make a new entry, if you want to get rid of ctrbootmanager, replace the boot.3dsx and then delete any cfg stuff.

I would say go for A9LH but if you don't want to take the time stay with what you got.

I think you're getting the names confused. the R4i 3DS Wood (the one I linked) is the 15$ flashcart that only does DS games and works on everything.

The R4i Gold is the flashcart that runs 3DS games but only works on 4.x firmware and costs 50$.

It's the best option because it does DS games and only DS games, just like if you had the retail cart, with added patch/cheat support if you need that. No other features like emulation but you're on a CFW 3DS so you shouldn't give a fuck.

you're right, I was talking about the DS-Only one. I just usually hear it referred to as the r4i gold rts.

I want to do a system transfer from my O3DS into it and want to minimize any possibility of bricking. Do I just do it through EmuNAND once I have it set up on it? Both will be on 9.2 and have backups made before I attempt it; I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything. (O3DS already has menuhax installed)

Also, for a9lh, once it's set up it'll need the SD card in order to boot. Can this be done with any SD card afterwards as long as it has the same files and format?

I need help with a question.

Can I copy and past the folders from my old sd card onto my computer using the microSD management and then insert the new microSD cart onto my N3DS and use the microSD management to move those files into it?

No…don't do that

There's another process for transfering to a New SD card, let me see if I can find the pastebin for it

Well if you need to know i'm only moving some backed up save data from the old card. I'm not moving a bunch of games or anything. Just save data.

Where is the 3DS game list?

is the new SD card already setup for CFW?

Can I convert my SD card from FAT32 to NTFS without backing up my files?

No it's not. The old SD card has no CFW either.

I have a N3DS and wanted to use a 16gb sd card instead. I had to wait a while so I downloaded some games and played some monster hunter. Now I want to move the saved data from the old card to the new one

I've already deleted the downloaded games from the old SD card so it wouldn't copy those and just the saved back up data only.

Now I just need to know if copying the data from the old card onto my computer and then pasting them on the new card will work.

And I don't have a USB that I can insert the SD card into. I'm using the N3ds microSD management that lets me transfer data wirelessly onto the SD card

What would you have to do on a new card? It looks like everything is either already in the 3DS itself (a9lh) or just sitting on the SD. I mean, once you're on A9, you don't need a second NAND.

I forgot to grab a save off my emuNAND before nuking it. I still have the backup bin. Can it be done without loading it onto the 3DS?

Drag everything from the old to the new.

Look at Step 5 in the OP.

:)

So, i'd just:

1)remove the current boot.3dsx and boot.cfg.
2)remove rxtools folder
3)Put in the luma folder and the luma boot.3dsx

yes?

False alarm.

PSA for StreetPass
You must download the DLC before restoring saves or else the saves for the DLC games will be overwritten with empty saves by the DLC installer.

COMPLETED AND TESTED

Thanks user.

It was solved don't worry about it.

Well, I WAS having this same issue, but I found out that to get MH4U to run on my o3ds with Luma, I needed to completely disregard this "instruction" section of the wiki which claimed to fix the problem I expected to experience and did experience once I applied his "fix."
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade#optional-making-luma3ds-work-with-an-external-boot-manager
Just booting from ctrbootmanager into a /Luma3ds.dat that was un-altered by that fucking path changer program made it work.
Spent fucking hours trying to figure out how that section was supposed to help at all, what a joke.

Where's the guide to switch to A9LH from rxTools?

i end up removing ctrbootmanager.

do i choose: use second emunand as default?

But does it have good games yet?
Free shit is still shit, you know.

I bought an XL last week and it came with 9.6 I believe.

Question, I currently use Arm9LoaderHax and don't think I boot in any CFW. If a game asks me to update before I can play it do I risk bricking my system by doing so? Also is there any good guide in installing a CFW on a system that is already hacked? All I seem to find info on is systems with fresh installs.

You sure you're running A9LH and not something else, because A9LH cannot boot into plain sysNAND. If you followed the guide github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki then you should be running Luma3DS by default, and also able to access other helper programs by holding specific buttons at boot.

Assuming you actually are using A9LH, and running a good CFW like Luma3DS, A9LH will be write-protected so updates cannot alter it. However you must have a sysNAND backup from after A9LH was installed in case something goes wrong with it. You can make/restore one from EmuNAND9 (if you followed the guide, hold Y at boot to access it).

Not really but with A9LH, if say, you lost/formatted your SD card you can just follow github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) but skip Section II to get it back up. Unfortunately you'll have to reinstall all games as well.

I'm pretty sure I am running A9LH as I can get up the helper programs by pressing a button at boot. The thing that got me confused though is that I boot into the regular nintendo homescreen (albeit with FBI as the health and safety app) and I thought Luma had a custom look to it?

Why do people keep doing this shit, all of the New! Versions have IPS screens.

The only ones that don't are the Australian ones that are manufactured by toshiba, and even those are more rare to find in the states.

You stop it.

It has a better library than the Wii U, (un)fortunately.

Of course! I'm glad it worked for you. I'm here to help.

I fell into something similar, someone really needs to clarify that shit.

Alright, complete retard coming through.

I haven't been paying much attention for a few months so I'm still running RxTools. Now, I've read up on AL9H and I decided that I won't bother installing that. I went through a big headache as it is back then when I first hacked the system and I don't need the features.

However, I do want to switch to Luma3DS, but I have no clue on how to change cfw. Unless I'm blind, I don't think there's a guide in the OP on how to switch cfw. How do I do this? Will I lose anything from my current emunand if I switch cfw?

Only if you were using custom themes and installing cias like you were hoarding for a nuclear winter. Luma+a9lh should just look like whatever you the state you left emunand_original.bin as, which if you did it from a completely fresh state, now it's your duty to customize it to your heart's content.

Here's a little something to get you started.
3dsthem.es/1131

github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Installation-and-Upgrade
Can you put the pink and green folders in root? Congraaats!! That's it.

Thanks man, that really cleared things up.

What exactly is the point of no return with the OP's hack guide?
Do I have download both the CIAs and ROMs for vidya?
WIll I still be able to play online on pirated vidya without going on private servers?

Anyone got good places to get Roms/CIAs?

Your first downgrade is the single biggest risk because you have no NAND dump; if you fully brick not even a hardmod can save you.

Oh, well then. Thanks.

Actually, you can just boot into safemode and update your 3ds. It's still fucked in terms of piracy, but it's salvagable.

Fully bricked, user. When not even safemode is possible.

Got into part 3 of the github guide.
Do I update Rednand through System update?

I could've sworn downgrade could only semi-brick.

If you are unlinked (tinyformat sysnand), yes.

Has a Gameboy rom file to GB/C VC CIA generator not been made yet or am I not looking hard enough? I just want to try some non-GBA romhacks out on my 3DS.

Funny enough, I actually made a Red++ CIA
mega.nz/#!xZZySA5C!9LdWkIROwDIxFchV6tXwxiRrcO9y3y9XEIxq-WUOrvA
I could never get the banner/icon to swap properly, and color doesn't show in game for whatever reason, but hopefully it'll hold you over.

as long as you have arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card it will work with any SD card. Since you don't use an emunand, you can just copy the files off to another.

>tfw not cute
>tfw no bf

if you want titlekeys go to 3ds.titlekeys.com, if you want a list of scene releases use 3dsdb.com.

That's stupid, no. Why would you want NTFS on an SD card?

switch from rxtools to luma and then follow the guide linked in OP. I think I'm going to end up putting a small 'switching off of rx' guide in because of how much I'm getting asked this.

the point of no return is the first downgrade.
cia's are roms. You can play online fine with them. Check the OP for an idea of where to get them.

you can find plenty of GB cia files on 3dsiso, and the stickied thread for that section includes guides on how to inject roms as well. if you want to make a pokemon romhack you should look further into that though, so you can have trading and pokemon bank support.

Oh cool. I'll keep that around. I ended up just using a retroarch emulator to play it.

I have a n3ds xl that is overheating (including when not charging), can barely hold a charge, and has shit battery life. Should I just replace the battery? I can't really send the fucker back because it's hacked. I'm assuming replacing the battery would fix it, right?

It's probably a battery problem. One way to tell your battery is fucked is to see if it looks like it's swollen up in size. If it can barely hold a charge and has shit battery life that's a pretty good indicator though.

Your battery is fucked, son. Just replace it.

I figured as much. Thanks Holla Forumsros

The guide says I should copy and merge the 3ds folders from the PlaiSysUpdater and EmuNAND9 zip folders to my SD card but it doesn't say what to do with "PlaiSysUpdater.cia" or the other files from "EmuNAND9.zip". Do I just put them in my root folder or do I not need them?

Sorry if this was a dumb question, I'm trying to follow the guide as autisticly as I can and the softbrick thing has me really paranoid. Please no bully.

Why nobody already think about an exploit in the update of the recovery mode using a proxy?

plaisysupdater.cia is an installable version of the tool, I think you need it later on so it might be good to have it on your sd card but you don't need to worry about it right now.

Emunand9 has a lot of options for loading, don't bother copying the extra stuff.

yeah just put it in root

Thank you.

I meant the cia, shit not specified by the guide can be ignored.

People have thought of hundreds of times. The connection is completely encrypted and a man in the middle is impossible. Combine that with the recent patch that doesn't allow certain titles to be below a specific version.

Wait, why can't we redirect their connection a-la tubehax?

From what I remember the keys for the connection are inaccessible because they are stored in hardware. The 3ds doesn't encrypt or decrypt things through software, it has a piece of hardware that does it instead.

So, I rencently added NTR because I heard that you can take screenshots with it.
Do I need anything else?

I have the thing he's talking about, and I never new it was anything to do with emulating 3DS roms. I thought it was just an R4 updated to work on 3DS firmware.

So my Canadian Monster Hunter edition has an IPS? I did those little viewing angle tests and it seems fine, but I always worry.

Is there some sort of recommended list for 3DS downloadables? I got 64 GB of memory to fill.

What sort of genre do you like, user?

If it's under warranty, they probably won't give a shit. I sent mine in, got it back just as I left it. They specifically tell you not to send in the SD card, so theirs no evidence on hax unless you did that AL9H or whatever, and I doubt they'll look too deep into it. They're paid to make it work again, not to play detective.

If the battery is all swollen up and shit, then you could always buy another but it's easier to let them deal with it.

Managed to get everything up and running but when I try to go online with any game not on my region (have a PAL one) I keep getting asked to agree to the license agreement, which I can't do.

Is there some kind of workaround to that?

I'm alright with most varieties of game, although I have something of a soft spot for minimalistic puzzlers and tend to avoid sports-related games like the plague… Platformers, SHMUPS, RPGs, weeb-y things. If you know of any good region-exclusive stuff I'd like to be made aware of it.

Where are game saves stored? Specifically pokemans.

I backed my entire SD card up to computer, then did a9lhax, but pasting the old contents of the card back on didn't bring pokeman to the home screen. Anyone in the mood to spoonfeed?

Alright Holla Forumsirgins, I need some help here. Fairly tech-literate, I'm not going to do something stupid like update my sysNAND or some shit like that, but there's so many goddamn guides I can't find an answer in the sea. Here's my situation:

What would be the process to switch CFWs, and would I lose all my save data/emuNAND-installed games?

Disregard this very niggerish post. I have come decently far in trying to understand this program, and successfully pulled data from an old pokeman cartridge I have. I do have a unique problem here though:

The files are all there on disk, I just need to get the SaveDataFiler to recognize it so I can pull them. Is there an equivalent desktop application I can use to harvest 3ds saves from hard drive, instead of using a cia on the console itself?

If the screen doesn't seem warm, has more cool colors, and is as sharp and bright looking (not counting the jaggies) as your desktop LCD or television.

Then you're fine

I did everything the guide said to a T,but I can't find those dat or bin files it keeps asking because the download links give me precompiled files or 7zs.

Should I still proceed with these or try to compile them first then proceed to use them?
Should I ise 7z or sould I try to convert them or some shit?

Also can I still play with regular carts after going all the way through with the guide?

Nevermind,the issue was that I was using a Mac.

I fucked up Holla Forums
I went through all the way only to restore sysnand default.
Then I tried to reinstall al9h and now all it does is to boot to al9h installer/updater and nothing else.
Can I still be saved?

Has the new Taiko been leaked yet?

Read the OP

just download the latest luma, copy the luma and 3ds folders, and the .dat.

swap your arm9loaderhax.bin on the sd card, you have it set to load safea9lhinstaller instead of a cfw.

Hi guys, I have a new 3DS with firmware 10.3.0-28E
I never hacked it, what do I need?
I never really followed the 3DS homebrew / hacking scene so I'm a bit lost right now.
Also what will I be able to do once it's done? Play DS / 3DS games?
How can I prevent new updates to brick the console?
Will I be able to play online?

So if I understand it well, I can use browserhax since my version is < 10.6.0. But I need an internet connection to use the exploit, wont my 3DS try to update as soon as I active the wifi? Can I block the updates so I can activate the wifi safely?

you don't need anything but an SD card. you can use browserhax to downgrade, then set up cfw. you can play any .cia 3ds game and homebrew. After you get it set up, you will either have a emunand that you can update to the latest version or use A9LH and have a system nand to update to the latest version. You will be able to play online.

you shouldn't get update nag if you're on 10.3, I don't think. It doesn't do background updates like the wii u so you should be good, but if you want to be careful you can look up the tubehax dns.

Just managed to get this shit all the way through.
Even managed to load freeshop but there's a few concerns left.
Will I eventually get banned from NNID for using it,is there way to use the region free for pirated installed games and is there a way install games through the CIA and FBI.

You shouldn't get banned from nintendo over it, at the present time no one using .cia has reported being banned for anything other than the obvious stuff like cheating online. If you use luma3ds it has regionfree, I believe that reinand does as well.

what the fuck does this mean? yes, you can intall cia through FBI.

Any way to have NTR Boot on Launch with Luma?

As in using the FBI on the .cia file to install it on the 3DS,like PlaiSys in part 3 of the guide and the homebrew launcher in part 5.

Ok so I just tried browserhax, I did set the date to 01/01/2000 hour to 00:00, reset the browser data then access the URL with the QR code, the bottom changes color I see some debug info on the top screen then my console get stuck on a black screen with a green pixel on the bottom left and a red screen on the bottom screen, it doesn't start the homebrew channel, I copied the starter kit on the root of my SD card. Anyone knows why it doesn't work?

So I just got a new SDHC card and it came formatted with exFAT. Will that work in a 3DS or do I need to get something that'll format it into FAT32?

What the fuck is going on in this picture?
Why is Chariot bathing in a pool of dosh?

do you have boot.3dsx on your SD card? it's loading, but it couldn't find the homebrew launcher.

you can install FBI, yes. I would recommend it because to update the injected version you would have to inject it again.

it has to be formatted FAT32. if you load Emunand9 with a fat32 card you can hit select to unmount, put your new exfat one in, and then use 'Format SD (Rednand) or Format SD (no rednand) if you're using A9LH, it'll get formatted FAT32 64k.

Ok nvm I'm stupid, I copier the folder starter to the root of my SD card instead of the content.
I just installed the menuhax, now I have to downgrade I guess

What is the difference between the two, is an option better than the other?

emunand is a second version of the homemenu you load off of your SD card to use for CFW, it partitions itself on your SD, it's about 1GB more or less. The most common method of loading in is menuhax, which loads at boot. If you want to do updated sysnand, you don't have to have an emunand on your SD card but you'll have to spend some extra time setting up Arm9LoaderHax or A9LH which loads before boot, faster than menuhax, with a 100% boot rate (menuhax can sometimes get stuck, and then you have to restart). Parts 1-3 in the guide linked in OP lead you for an emunand setup, 4 and 5 are extra for setting up a9lh.

Good luck, read the guide linked in the OP and you should be good.

also you can read the A9LH vs Menuhax thing in the OP for more detail.

So if I understand, the only cons for A9LH is its "harder" to install and have a brick risk but once you've done it, its better than Menuhax

basically, yes. Also, you need to keep an old dump around in case you ever need to get rid of it, but once you have it setup it's better in every way.

Are the brick risk "random" or if you know what you're doing and if you do every step as described you're 100% sure to not brick your 3DS?
Also if I want to try that should I do every step (1-3) or can I skip steps?

Nice, that did it. Crazy convenient.

the brick risk is about 95% user error. Make sure you're not using a shitty off-brand SD card that will fail midway through a downgrade and you should be good. The biggest thing that causes bricks nowadays is people closing lids on their n3ds while in 2.1. Just remember when you go to 2.1 not to panic when you boot it the first time, you have to pull out the SD card and then put it back in after you boot. Read the instructions carefully and you should be perfectly fine.

You have to do every step.

I'm using the SD card that was with my New 3DS, by the way, if I want to put another SD card (bigger) after I do all of this, can I just copy everything from the original SD card to the new one?

if you decide to use emunand you have to format the new one for emunand, make a backup of your current one, restore it on the new one, and then copy your files over.

If you decide to use A9LH, then yes, just copy everything from the original to the new one.

okay cool, I just downgraded to 9.2.0 I have to reinstall menuhax now?
When they say at step 20 in downgrade
It means I have to follow again the same instructions I did when I installed it the first time?

Yeah, just load up the homebrew launcher through the browser and reinstall, it has the 10.3 package installed already.

Thanks for answering my questions and helping me, I'm currently backing up my SysNAND

Ok so, at step 20 of github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND) it says to open TinyFormat, the problem is, I don't see it from the homebrew launcher, I did merge the 3DS folder of the TinyFormat zip with the one on my SD card like they said, any idea why?

It means going into settings and using the normal system update right?
Another stupid question. Oh god why is this so stressful?

check the 3ds folder on your SD card and make sure tinyformat's folder is there, and check inside of it for the tinyformat.3dsx. if it's there then just keep scrolling on the homebrew launcher, if not then put it there.

I scrolled, I see "PlaiSysUpdater" 4 times, I checked the folder 3ds on my SD card, I see a folder TinyFormat with TinyFormat.3dsx and TinyFormat.smdh on it but still wont show on the homebrew launcher, is there some bug that make it show as "PlaiSysUpdater"?

Fuck it seems the copy didn't work completely after formatting then copying files again to the 3DS in the step 12
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(RedNAND)
I'm at step 20, I'll just override everything again

Im probly fucking up some how, but i need help. Everytime I try to use the browser exploit i just get sent back to home menu with an error message. I have the homebrew starter pack contents in my sd card and I changed the date and time.

open your browser, go to settings, and then scroll down to the bottom where it says clear browser settings, do that, then try again.

Did you do the switch themes and reset the browser settings before going to the URL?

I'm at step 21 of part 4 and it says
Its probably nothing but when I scroll the names I don't have "_original.bin" as name, its probably that the software changed version or something?

no, there isn't an 'original' label. Just rename it after you dump it.

Are you using the latest emunand9? It'll have that option.

Yep downloaded from the link on the tutorial EmuNAND9-20160420-141209.zip

I guess it doesnt matter too much, just rename it for now so you know what it is.

Did both of these as well, and it wont work. The most I get is the screen flashing orange and grey and than it gives me the error on home menu.

What's your firmware version number? Check in system settings.

Did you copy the content of the starter pack (not the folder) to the root of your SD card?

9.5.0-22u

Ya I did, the 3ds folder and boot.3.dsx are in the sd card root.

My advice is to just keep trying, browserhax can be pretty inconsistent.

On rxtools 10.5 O3DSXL, with 4gb card.
want to use a new 16gb card i got.
whats the best way for me to proceed? Should i just use the new CFW on the 16gb card and format the 4gb?
was wondering if there some sort of short-cut available since my 3ds is already hacked.

So is it finally worth getting a 3DS?

It means you boot into RedNAND by launching Luma3DS, once you're there, you go to settings to check your 3DS version, if it says "emu" in front of your version you're good, DONT quit settings and update from there

Go into homebrew and boot emunand9, back up your current emunand and when that's done, go back a menu, press select, swap sd cards to your new 16gb and select complete emunand setup. Press select again and move all your shit from your 4gb card to your 16gb card and inject your emunand.bin with one of the options (clone emunand.bin to emunand or something like that), and you're done.

If you want, press select again to switch to and get rid of emunand in your 4gb card so it doesn't take up space in it anymore in sd manager options inside of emunand9.

Almost done part 4
>Go to dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin on your 3DS

They mean open browser and go to the URL in SysNAND?

I was able to get it on my own by rereading some things but thanks anyways user. The stress is killing my reading comprehension.

Ask yourself this first

I would say yes, new 3ds is pretty solid in terms of game library.

do
then replace rx with luma, copy the luma .dat, luma folder, and 3ds folder to your sd card.

exactly that.

Yeah me too, currently at part 4 I'm downgrading to 2.1.0 currently Cloning EmuNAND to SysNAND…

Thanks, sorry for stupid question, I'm so afraid of bricking my NEW 3DS

for the love of god user you do not want to fuck around in 2.1 for long, grab your otp already

I'm doing it as fast as I can ;_;

restoring from sysNAND_original.bin…

Installing arm9loaderhax

I'm pretty new to the hacking scene since I finally got parental controls out of this 3DS I found in my house under a wooden bed frame when I moved in years ago, is there a way to do all this neat homebrew stuff without opening and soldering shit?

I'm probably the most tech illiterate person I know and I wouldn't trust myself with a drill let alone a soldering iron.

no soldering is required so long as your 3ds isn't on 11.0. to start, just read the guide linked in OP, it'll take you all the way through.

also, parental controls are really easy to get rid of, for future reference: mkey.salthax.org/

I just found that link this morning and decided to give it a go. Been procrastinating this too long even though it's not important.

Unfortunately I'm clearly a retard because the first thing I did was update it. Does that mean it's on 11?

Go to system settings to check your update, but if the first thing you did was to update it, you're probably on the latest version and there is nothing you can do atm

go to system settings and check. If you updated it today, you're on 11.0 so you would have to do a hardmod.

I'll have to wait then. Thanks for the answers.

It's gonna be a while. You can get someone else to do the hardmod for you, but it'll cost you like $50.

Yay, I did it, I've done the 5 parts without bricking my NEW 3DS

おめでとう

thanks!

I really wish this artist did more. Blonde with dark eyes + belly button = master race

The only way to play DS games on a hacked 3DS right now is with a flashcard?

yes. There's a pretty solid chance this will never change, so get used to it. Flash Carts are really cheap so just get yourself one.

Two questions:

1. The mega link to Stella Glow in the pastebin is undubbed. Is there any particular reason,ie. the dub is genuinely terrible, or is it just weeb nonsense?

2. Is there a fan translation coming out for Bravely Second?

You guys got any recommended games? I'm getting burnt out on MHX and all these turn based games.

I'm playing the dub and it's passing. Games with genuinely terrible dubs are Conception II, DeSu2RB and Persona Q.

Thanks; I forgot about Resident Evil.

Anyone know if Triforce Heroes's online is still active?

I thought I was immune to the weirdness of Jap shit, but that game creeped me the fuck out.

Okay, so right now I'm trying to get my stuff from the small 4GB card that came with the system to the bigass 64GB card that I wanna fill with all the stuff and the things, but I can't make that happen. I'm trying to use the emuNAND tool, but when I run it it says 'Access is denied', then says that there's no NAND-formatted SD card in there. Only thing I can think of is that it's inserted into one of those multi-card reader things, but I don't think that's it. Any help?

My emuNAND and my sysNAND are different sizes did I fuck something up?
Emu is 1.21gb and sys is 1.84gb so they match the sizes on the site but not each other is this normal?

+ Toshiba NAND:
1.979.711.488 bytes = 1.84GB

+ Samsung NAND:
1.300.234.240 bytes = 1.21GB

Find and download USBImageTool on your computer

Select SD Card from the program and "backup" the file to your desktop or whatever.

This will backup a full image of the 4GB SD card.

Now eject it.

Now, insert your 64GB SD Card, open the program again, select the 64GB SD card, and choose "Restore." This will load the image of the 4GB card into a 4GB partition on the 64GB SD card.

When that's done, your card will look to your computer like it's only 4gb. Just wait.

Find and download EASUS Partition master Free edition. This program will allow you to utilize the rest of your SD card.

With your 64GB card still in the computer, open EASUS, find your SD card, and select "Resize partition." Expand the 4GB partition to 64GB, then click "Apply Changes" - you have to click it on the main screen of the program too - it's kind of weird. It won't actually do anything at first, it'll just say "operations pending" once you set the partition expansion. Then you hit "Apply changes" again and you'll see it do stuff.

hope that made sense.

i mean, why?if you are content with your screen why would suddenly realizing it is tn instead of ips change your enjoyment?I think this should only be a problem if the screen bothers you the moment you start looking at it

You probably backed up a rednand. It should be fine.

I think it's a little odd that my backups aren't the same size but it goes with what the guide says so I guess I'll keep going.
Thanks user.

Well that was fucking easy, thanks user

This told me fucking nothing and was completely unrelated to my problem.

anybody else have ungodly slow speeds with retroarch on O3DS? I can't even get super mario bros running 30 fps on fceumm

retroarch a shit on o3ds

Okay, I had a DStwo back in the days with my DS lite, should I pick this? Wasn't there an anti piracy software on the 3DS that could brick your 3DS if your card was detected? (I'm using arm9LoaderHax)

What are the best emulators for 3DS?
GB, GBC, GBA, Genesis, etc…
I have a new 3DS with arm9loaderhax

3ds blocked flash carts so they wouldn't show in the menu, only thing ever intentionally bribing was gateway. I wouldn't recommend a super card but if you have one already and you have Luma you can use it. Otherwise get an r4i 3ds, they're about $20.

Genesis has injects into the 3d sonic games, all the other stuff has vc injects. If you're on new 3ds you can do retroarch emulators as well.

RedNAND automatically makes the dumps the smallest they can be regardless of the chip, which is the advantage over emunand. This means that even though you have a 1.8 gb nand (which you should get with sysnand dumps), rednand will automatically shrink it so it should be 1.2.

Hm I installed retroarch, but when I launch GpSP I just get a black screen

Could someone help me with retroarch? GpSP doesn't launch at all (tried latest stable and nighly) on Genesis Plus GX I have vsync issues (when vsync is on the screen is cut at about 2/3 of the screen and I get tearing)

Just get some Genesis or gba cias. Make sure you have a retroarch folder on your SD.

What do you mean? I downloaded from there buildbot.libretro.com/stable/1.3.4/nintendo/3ds/ and I just launch from the homebrew channel, its not what I should do?

If you have a 3ds with cfw, install the cia version. Even better than that is to go on 3dsiso and download and install injected Genesis and gba games and then you don't have to fuck with retroarch emulators.

I have a new 3DS with arm9loaderhax

I don't know why you felt the need to tell me that.
Is the third time you've said that now.

Ok fine, I'm on 3dsiso, you can convert directly ROMS to cia?

If you go on 3dsiso there's a section for already converted roms. You can make them yourself but its not really worth the hassle.

when I have the choice between 3dsx and cia what should I use?

3dsx is for homebrew launcher.
cia is if you want to launch it in-cfw

If you have a choice always do cia, it's way more convenient.

I'm on 10.7 using Reinand.
Is it safe to update to the latest firmware?

Is that Northernlion

yes

Everytime I install a cia it installs on the SD card?

unless you're installing a System Title or DSiWare, yes. FBI will autodetect if you are installing NAND cias.

What is the best place to buy a R4i wood 3DS if I'm from europe?

So I downloaded Shovel Knight USA cia, when I try to install it I get an error "cia install failed", is it because my 3DS is EU? I thought there was no region lock after hacking it, am I doing something wrong?

that's not a problem with regions, you must just have a bad .cia.

I didn't find it on 3DSisos I'll try to find another one

Except it isn't, you dumb faggot cunt.

Is there a good site other than 3DSiso to download cia for 3DS games?

I'm using Mega3DS because 3DSiso needs an account. It's in Spanish, but it's not like it's hard to figure out.

3dschaos.com or get cdn-fx and use enctitlekeys.bin from 3ds.titlekeys.com.

look up shameless or sockfile.
The program will generate tickets for you to basically take .cias right from the eshop, using FBI of course.

Open up FBI and do a QR install of pic related.

pay no attention to the flag, fuck

Thanks fam

Just finished part 4 on my N3DS.
I feel like I just disarmed a bomb.

What is this wizardry? Even the Wii didn't have this functionality.

>stuck on loading
Ah, there's the catch.

Yeah, the catch is it's downloading AND installing at the same time, so it's slow as molasses.

Not that,

The banner and icon are both OK, but launching the title leaves me in pic related forever.

you're probably using an old version of FBI, latest version patched that.
Either that or you downloaded a game from a different region and you didn't enable the region thing in your cfw settings.

visit the page for it on the eshop, or fix it with a new version of FBI.

what dangers?

New 3ds systems are not meant to be in 2.1, it's too low. So keeping it in 2.1 too long or closing the system bricks it.

Visiting the page definitely fixed it right away. Thanks.

Just about to downgrade to 2.1 on N3Ds. Wtf is SecureInfo_A ? How do you check this?

If you don't know what SecureInfo_A is, you don't need to be concerned. It's involved with region swapping bullshit.

You are a kind, patient, and helpful person, and I hope you've had a better day than I've had. Thanks.

I hate to ask again, but I'm super spooked, and this is a little unclear to me, too.

So I boot into homebrew, go into RedNAND via Luma3ds, then go back to homebrew through something like oot or browserhax and run PlaiSysUpdater?

Fuck, I just really don't want to screw this up…the rest of the downgrade section has straightforward language.

Install the plaisysupdater cia on rednand and downgrade.

Thanks again man, really appreciate it.

Heads up to anons about to downgrade to 2.1 on N3ds:

OTPHelper's One Click Setup will prompt you halfway through that you need to enable WiFi - and I'm assuming it means without Tubehax DNS - so save yourself like 30 minutes and enable wifi before you start.

Fingers crossed I make it to that point again…risky shit…

no problem

Wifi used to be a big problem that caused bricks on n3ds, as long as you have wifi set up already you're fine - but even if you forget it you can do a battery pull on n3ds or use the switch on o3ds (this took a surprisingly long amount of time for people to realize).

you can configure wifi on 2.1, you just can't enable or disable it with the new 3ds because there's no physical switch.

Holy shitcakes did I fuck this up?

The guide said nothing about the .sha in Section I of Part 4. Holy fuck. My head is getting warm.

Where is that from?

Final instruction of
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

Final instruction of Section I* fuck, I'm a nervous wreck.

I might be getting fired tomorrow (probably not, but might, I made a mistake and I'm in the probation period) and I'm trying to finish this up for a co-worker of mine who has been nothing but cool to me who's getting back from his vacation tomorrow.

Probably just a new decrypt9 feature to generate Sha hashes to double check nand dumps, you can ignore that it's nothing necessary, just an extra precaution. You can verify your dumps in decrypt9 without it as well.

If you already got the otp it's only like 15 more minutes of effort.

It did say emuNAND_original.sha. Even if you don't have that then you still can try. It's just a verification step. It's not 100% necessary but a fantastic safety net. (See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Checksum)

If the size of the bin matches this, you're pretty much safe:
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/NAND-Size

github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Okay, well shit I hope everything else is cool.

The sizes do match…fuck. I'm gonna try it anyway…

ctrl+F ".sha"

nothin….but yeah, thanks.

I posted the wrong link. This is Part 4…I'm gonna try it anyway…

This was where it should have been copied

Damn, I'm a fucking idiot. I guess it's too late now, I'm going to try anyway.

Well, I think I'm fucked.

dukesrg.github.io/2xrsa.html?arm11.bin

just hangs on "arm11.bin loading"

are you the correct firmwar version?

I did the downgrade to 2.1 on RedNand and it said it was successful but I'm on 9.2 on SysNand still.

I think you're supposed to do a restore using the NAND you made from the 2.1 install into your sysNAND. Please DO NOT act on this without checking first, but I'm pretty damn sure having just recently done all of this.

I thought that that's what was supposed to happen during the One Click Setup OTP thing

maybe I'm blind (quite possible) but I don't see anything about crating a separate Nand backup after the 2.1 downgrade…fuck. Maybe I should run the One Time Setup again? It said it was successful, even rebooted successfully on its own…

have to be up in a few hours…so tired and anxious. Hope I don't get fucking fired tomorrow. What makes it worse is that I'm trying all of this for a friend, and failing.

I appreciate the help more than you probably assume I do, anons. thanks.

Are you able to get into homebrew like you normally do? If so, you're definitely still on 9.2. I'd restore emunand_reformatted and try the downgrade again, then do OTP Helper again.

and if you're actually on 2.1, this might be a connection issue
gbatemp.net/threads/sharing-story-i-was-stuck-with-arm11-bin-to-get-otp-for-2-days-and-found-the-unlikely-problem.428384/
tl;dr

How to convert Genesis roms to cias/where to download Genesis cias?

go to the 3dsiso VC section to get some.

Extremely close friend or do you have a crush?

Well, my concern was that a small fuck up i made might get me fired but it turned out to be no big deal. The guy it's for is old enough to be my grandpa and that's basically what he's been to me at this job, been really patient in helping me learn my way around the place, . He's an old gamer who thought the 3ds. i hacked was really cool, and he wanted one. Just wanted to get it to him in case it was my last day there.

Also sauce plz

That's really sweet.

I think I cropped it from a d0oujin another user posted last year but I didn't save the whole thing

Does anyone have a link (not mega, please) for the uncensored version of Bravely Default?

I can only find it from Mega, which sucks now since the file is too big to be downloaded in one go.

I did it!!! Thank you so much for your help!!! I'm going to give it to him tomorrow! He's retiring next year, has a lot of leg pain, just a really kind but tired old dog. I'm throwing in a 32gb sd card and my spare 3DS charger to him for free. I hope he gets years of enjoyment out of the console, and it's largely in part thanks to you guys! Woohoo!

Reading the OP. What is that about ORAS now being a new entry point? and I assume it will work in 11, right?

Pokemon oras only has a unstable release so far last I checked. It's also secondary, so you have to have another thing. The big game right now is freakyforms deluxe which is a new primary exploit.

And yes, both work in 11.0.

by secondary, do you mean:
?

Yes, you have to have another entry or another 3ds that already has homebrew.

Have a bump to show that shows what you'll be saving.

Holy shit, A9LH is neat. Now I kinda want to get a N3DS for the CPU boost to old games. I can think of more than a few that would benefit.

Is it worth to play the western version (censored) from Bravely Default? Pirate version, of course.

I don't know how to do the RomFS shit to uncensor the game.

The game itself is okay,
Also I think the japanese game comes with english text and voices

you can just download the uncensor cia, user.
And if you find the voice acting too stupid (I didn't, but I'm used to bad voice acting), you can switch the language to japanese.

I will look into the JPN version, thanks.

I searched for it, however the only one I got was from a older version, with a bug where you couldn't fight in the world map, making it useless. I was able to find the updated version (with the bug fixed) at 3diso, however is the RomFS thing I mentioned, not he .cia already uncensored.

Do you happen to have the uncensored .cia? I would be really glad if you could share it.

I fucking hate using the br site because they split up every game into 3 parts, and they put every damn file behind an ad link.

drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnePGjBcWudNW0tNndpMXhzaGs/view
drive.google.com/file/d/0BxnePGjBcWudQ3hIQktWV1p6SHc/view

spend 20 seconds on 3dsiso.

right click, view source user.

You can find the uncensored cia on 3DSiso with just a little looking around. Give it a shot.

Sadly 3DSiso is exactly the same way.

GUYS!

=I BRICKED MY O3DS!

The downgrade to 2.1.0 worked perfectly fine and then I went to that site to install a9lh and that cleared based on the message I got. I realized that the SD card didn't have the a9lh folder that was needed and therefore no OTP.bin file. I don't know if the 3DS removed it or I just forgot to add the folder like an idiot (I still had the files from it in the root directory). Now my O3DS won't turn on anymore, with or without the card inserted and/or button prompts while powering on.

I still have my sysNAND and RedNAND backups and the emergency files that were created along the way. Is there any way to restore it or did I screw myself so bad that not even a hardmod will save it?

At least my N3DS is still safe and sound with menuhax and RedNAND installed. I won't go any further with it until I know what to do.

In the meantime, go ahead and laugh at me.

Also, I'm realizing that I would've been better off getting the OTP manually.

Is there still an older version of the guide somewhere with the steps? That is, whether there's still a way to save or I end up getting a another one (not likely).

Are you following the plailect guide? If so, which step did you get up to?

Note that A9LH if installed successfully will exhibit brick-like symptoms unless your SD card has an arm9loaderhax.bin to execute, are you sure that's not all it is?

Assuming you have a real brick, then there are ways to flash a sysNAND backup from hardware.

github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Troubleshooting

Hold up, what do you mean by "manually".

Noice.

gg newb. When the guide and tools say, repeatedly, that this is dangerous and to use all due caution, they mean it.

got it, but what about undubs like the Fire Emblem IF patch and the Uncensored version of Bravely Default?

I was following that same guide. Part 4 used to be called "Getting the OTP" before being renamed to "2.1.0 Downgrade" and it entailed using the browser to load a page that runs a program to dump your system's OTP and then restore back to 9.2.0. It looks like that part was moved to the start of part 5 where the page it says to go to (which starts SafeA9LHInstaller) presumably does that as part of the installation process. There's no OTP.bin to be found anywhere on my SD card because of that a9lh folder missing.

you can get pre-made .cia of them or you can use homebrew launcher's HANS or in some cases NTR to patch it.

when you hit the power button on your 3ds does the blue light come on for a second and then go off?

Yes, exactly. This is how I'm stuck at the moment.

if that's the case then it should be installed, make sure you have an arm9loaderhax.bin on your SD card.

How does this work without otp.bin? Did the recent change already take care of it some other way?

And yes, arm9loaderhax.bin is already in the root of my SD card. I'll try again and report back with the results.

I think recently a change got made where it dumps and auto-installs it from the website. How this works is a loss to me, considering no CFW is supposed to work on 2.x. Try putting decrypt9 on your SD card as arm9loaderhax.bin and then use restore dump [keep a9lh] and take it back to 9.2.

ok, yeah, looking at the latest revision of the guide you're supposed to just restore your 10.7 emunand after installing in 2.1. you can hold select to configure luma but it'll boot into a black screen, then launch decrypt9/emunand9/hourglass9 whatever the fuck you choose they all do the thing you need and restore your original emunand backup.

Scratch that. I DIDN'T have arm9loaderhax.bin in my SD card. I added it back in along with the a9lh folder and tried again. The light stayed on this time it booted into a black screen.

I then remembered the next step in the guide and held select at boot and sure enough, it brought up the Luma3DS config menu. Looks like I can finish and got scared over nothing.

Thanks! That did the trick.

no problem.

Turned out to be worthwhile for me to look back at that page for the amount of revision that has happened to it recently, got my 3DS updated for A9LH v2, plus the aeskeydb.bin thing is very cool.

how do you play DS roms on a 3DS?

buy a flash cart.

I can't use NTR CFW in Reinand, right?

I want to know because I'm getting "cfw not supported" or something like that.

I just want to stream some vidya.

Your firm.bin is updated. Replace it with one of these that apply/

I noticed in one of the pastebin game dumps this line:

>gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/

If I'm running a9lh and in sysnand, is this moot? I have installed some GBA vc .cias already and they seem to run fine, but I don't want any unintended consequences.

a9lh is sysnand, isn't it? It shouldn't be a problem.

if you're running A9LH with luma, luma automatically patches firms so you don't need to worry about that, that's for older cfw.

A9LH is an entry point. People use it to load sysnand, but it can do an emunand setup if you want too.

Also I modified the OP some more so once this hits page 13 I'll post the new one.

Also, now that summer breaks are starting, remember to give them shit when they act like fucking retards.

Sounds right. I'm just not super confident in my ability to decode the gibberish behind that link. Very possibly it's just me, but a lot of these GBAtemp threads seem to be overly jargonified and severely lacking context.

Is there any reason to do emunand through A9LH? It grants the ability to flash, so seems unnecessary.

Is it possible in theory for A9LH to be broken by a future update?

with Luma it should be impossible to break, but if you use something like cakes without firm protection then it could be broken.

some people like to use emunand to do region changing like getting a J New 3DS and then making a US region emunand.

New Thread is up