Are there any more first party Wii U games coming out other than Zelda? any at all?

Are there any more first party Wii U games coming out other than Zelda? any at all?

It seems like they are already dropping support after starfox and Wii U owners get a holdover of an NX launch title just to avoid some sour grapes consumers.

Looking at its extremely small, lacklustre lineup of exclusives for a console with barely any good 3rd party support it looks like they fucking cheated those of you who bought one and they are laughing to the bank with your neo shekels.

Look at things like the saturn, dreamcast, gamecube and so on. Any console that had its creator drop support too soon still have great libraries of 1st and 3rd party games.

Just what redeeming qualities does the Wii U have now its effectively dead? None of its sequels to existing games were fresh or new like mario galaxy was to sunshine or 64. The best none 1st party release Bayonetta 2 was still a lazy repeat of a lot of the first. Splatoon seems to be the only innovated title in the entire systems library. One game.

And now you get a Zelda pity release as they struggle to play hardware catchup. Again.

If you own a Wii U dont you feel somewhat ripped off by the worst lifespan/support of any console in the 21st century?

Because from the outside looking in it looks like you got fucked. Hard.

Get ready for a bunch of Splatoon and Bayonetta 2 posts.

That will be unplayable after the servers shut down

Which only exacerbates the issue.

Ten years from now people will still go to the gamecube or wii for things like eternal darkness, vietiful joe, ocarina master quest, mario galaxy, even things like cooking mama or some nostalgic wii sports time.
What would you go back to a wii U for? when both are old and graphics are less important Bayo 1 is a better experience than Bayo 2, Splatoon will be dead and all the mario games are just rehashes with no innovation being "look. mario is dressed as a cat now…. well that was fun" and it just looks like a massive rip off.

Well this is the only part I can answer because I actually plan on buying one.

I am PC fag, I was entire life pretty much only console worth buying for me is one that is in any way different from my PC.
I could buy PS4 for Bloodborne but really I have played DaS I&II and still have 3, it is enough for me. For rest of them it is pretty much same story, I have already played similar thing on PC.
If you want to get console to get shit that is in any way other then shit you get on PC the best option for you is WiiU.

Also I am buying this shit because current WiiU library is worth together with Wii library, only thing I am expecting are Splatoon servers staying up for 1-2 years.

The DS was good and the gamecube was worth owning. That's it

Only other first party to be released that I can think of is the weebshit Fire Emblem, and no one's going to play that anyway.

Are there any DS games that actually feel like full fucking games and not handheld trash that are worth playing?

DS emulation is pretty great right now, so I wouldn't mind giving it a go if there were a couple games that come highly recommended.

HOTEL DUSK MOTHERFUCKER.

Which is weird that they're gonna dedicate a section to it.

Just a note here - WiiU offers nigh-perfect bw compatibility with GCN and Wii (the only fucked games are those on GCN which used the GBA adapter shit), but with HDMI output. Once you hack the vWii mode it's smooth fucking sailing. That was reason enough to get mine

Thank you anons.

Waiting until a console is BTFO with custom firmware is indeed a great time to buy.

I don't know why, but it feels like the nintendo abandoned the WiiU at some point. I don't know why, but it feels like they were really half assing it the whole time. Like they never believed it stood a chance so they never tried.

There are some great games on there (Pikman 3, Splatoon, Wonderful 101 for example), but they are so few and far in between it just doesn't really feel that worth it. Or the other games that were pretty good were WAY better on the 3DS (Hyrule legends feels right on the 3DS, didn't feel that good on the WiiU).

Just sort of strange. I'd be interested in knowing why they did this.

vWii was hacked almost from the getgo. The WiiU mode while hacked is still shit.

This entire generation's felt pretty phoned in, probably they were half-assing it thinking video games were just gonna be flat-out done on consoles and packing up to move to mobile and PC when the problem was the PS3/360 generation lasted so fucking long. Nobody's really had anything new to offer but remasters and remakes to stall until they've actually got shit. Which means when PS4.5/Xbone tries unsuccessfully to merge with PC as a platform/NX hits we might have a tidal wave of vidya

Unlikely. We dont just have a console gen with barely any vidya, we have a console gen with barely any good or memorable vidya.

I have plenty of pirated Wii U games on my SD card.

And unlike PS4 & Xbone it has physical backwards compatibility.
So although 8th gen has been lame there's still a backlog of games that can be played.

Sage because this is probably a sonygger's 2 Minute Hate thread.

Well when you consider that Zelda might as well be an NX title, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is probably the only one left.

It's kind of a shame. The system finally has enough games for me to consider picking it up, but with nothing new coming what is even the point?

>Advance Wars: Days of Ruin Dual Strike had more content but feels like a mess
>Super Princess Peach is actually fun

Paper Mario: Colour Splash
RiP paper mario

Paper Jam was horrid as a direct result of Sticker Star's influence, I played Sticker Star entirely out of morbid curiosity and could identify every fault I had with PJ as being rooted in SS

I bought it to play Platinums games, Dong, and Pikmin. I was very happy with all of those games, so I don't regret buying it, but it's hard not to be disappointed with how they've been treating it since the NX announcement.

The Wii U is good if you hack the vWii. That way you can do anything you can do with a modded Wii, but with a HD output and Wii U games.
As for it's own games NSMBU and it's expansion are really good, as is SM3DW. Turns out when you make the same game again and again you get really good at it. Sonic Lost World was decent, but had a lot of missed potential. Rayman Legends was brilliant. Xenoblade X was fun even though the localization is shit.
If you have friends or family to play locally with the Wii U easily becomes worth the money. Nintendoland and Game & Wario are fun as fuck with other people, especially if alcohol is involved. Mario Kart 8 is great, although the 4 player framerate is a bit weird. Sm4sh is fun if there aren't any tourneyfags, and it's the best choice for large groups.

As for support the Wii U has always had issues. The games are good but when they take forever to come out it gets annoying. The backwards compatibility helps, but more games would have been better. If you get it cheap it's worth having, and the game prices should be coming down so it's more economical. I bought mine used for 150 bong a year after release, and it's been worth the money.
Right now I just want to know what the NX is. I hope it's a console/handheld hybrid, because Monster Hunter on the go and at home on a huge screen sounds great.

There are people who reverse engineer old online tech. The Xbox has Xlink Kai, and last time I checked there was a group trying to reverse engineer the Wii and DS. It's not ideal, but if there's enough demand the games should be playable long after the servers are shut down.

Sticker Star was horrible, I cant believe thats what they want the series to go.

Sticker Star's fucking frustrated me to play because battles really are totally and completely worthless with the only reward being money, Toads are boring and the only friendly NPCs besides a one-off Wiggler, constant jokes about actually being made of paper and living in a cardboard world when previous games didn't reference it whatsoever beyond visual gags, needing stickers to attack with a fucking jump in the first place, Kersti having no redeeming qualities, Bowser not talking whatsoever, the list goes on.

Just started Kirby Super Star. I was hoping it was going to turn out to be a remake of the snes version which I fucking loved, and it is!

My dick is diamonds. Now I just need to reverse the controls for jump/inhale because my muscle memory is fucking me up.

Downloading these too, thank you user.

"its good for games you already own on systems you already own" is not a very good selling point for new hardware purchases, especially when a wii now costs less than a take out pizza to buy.

I don't like the lifespan and the output of games has been hit or miss but I use it more than any other console and almost as much as my PC.

I should have seen it coming. My first thought about it was that it will be Sega Nomad 2.0.

God. Damn. It. am I an idiot. At least I have it on its hackable firmware.

Uhhh what? The Sega Nomad was kick ass, it was literally just a portable Sega Genesis.

Matchmaking the the only thing the servers handle, dumbass. The game plays P2P.

That doesn't prevent the game's online from being crippled once the servers go down. Sure, making a custom match making server should be easy, but only people who will hack their Wii U would be able to use it. That alone would reduce the community's size by 90% or so.

My bigger point is that Nintendo has no reason to shut down servers if they're only processing matchmaking.

The Wii and DS online services were all routed through Gamespy, which shut down completely for everything, PC, PS2, etc. including Wii and DS. Nintendo isn't even to blame for that, it's actually IGN's and Ziff Davis LLC's fault, because they had the control of the Gamespy network as part of owning Gamespy.com.

Not really. I got more than enough hours out of Mario Kart 8 online to make the entire console purchase worth it.

oy vey.

The NX is going to be exactly the same and the Nintendo fans still won't learn a damn thing

Who told you that? Your dad who works for Nintendo?

Good goy

Say what you want about the WiiU's software, it was more of a game console than Microsoft and Sony's Netflix machines.

Here's the Bayonetta post:
The WiiU has no games.
The only way I'll get an NX is if their's Bayonetta 3.
If not I'll carry on working through the cuh-ray-zee genre through different platforms.

How can everyone forget the best game of this gen. It turns a fucking failure of a console to one that is at least passing. Not to mention tropical dong, MK8, and 3Dworld/Captain toad

Now I'll always admit the Wii-u is a piece of shit, and if it was released in any other console generation would be the worst one. But this gen was been the most shit fortunately so its still on par with the the PS4, with its one game, and actually better than the Xbone, with its no game.

I am a little pissed off that Nintendo is just gonna abadoned the thing if favor of whatever the fuck the NX is gonna be. At least it doesn't really feel like a wasted purchase like the Xbone.

Yes, but they'll all be shit on by NoA

Hope you learned Nipponese user.

They could have made an actual Paper Mario game and given you a mariachi guy as a bard companion, that would have been neat.
I can't believe they thought this was a fine entry for the series. Even fucking Super Paper Mario had some interesting shit going on for it, come on Nintendo.

This. I don't get the meme that the Wii U had an unusually short life cycle. I guess most people like myself bought the damn thing just a couple years ago.

fucking checked

Maybe because it's only been 3.5 years since it came out, and the only major release left for it is Zelda? At this point, it practically is dead.

I can't even laugh at WiiU owners. This is just tragic.

In what fucking universe?

this one, the 7th gen was an outlier. Seems they're bringing back a more iterative console cycle these days, with the PSVR and XBO.2 being discussed. Wii U was a flop, but here's the good news:

homebrew. Once the scene picks up, homebrew devs are gonna be really interested in things like emulation, in making a centralized all-in-one nintendo box, which, since the Wii U renders wii/gc games at 1080p, it'll be an extremely beneficial thing.

I think for this reason the Wii U will be a sought after platform, and I can see in 10, 15, 20 years it'll probably maintain a decent level of value.

Shame it has no good controllers for it to be good

The pro controller is pretty comfy after an hour or two user.

Search for wiinusoft if you ever have the chance to try it out on PC

It never gets mentioned in recommendations for the DS, but I fucking loved Picross 3D. You should give it a spin.

Besides, all my other DS favorites have already been listed. I can't overstate how enjoyable Hotel Dusk and The Last Window are. Oh, and if you're into JRPGs, pick up Radiant Historia.

Speaking of Viewtiful Joe, there's still W101.

Please no. Don't name it that.

The wiiU is the real

But nobody cares because everyone bought it as a secondary console.

It's shit
Well, to be honest it's a nice controller, but it feels cheap (it isn't AFAIK) and the lack of triggers renders some racing games (Mario Karts, F-Zero) not very cool to check out
Also the stick positioning is bizarre to use, but leads to a very comfortable classic button placement

It has its pros and cons, but i rather use a Xbone controller… well not really due to the D-Pad
Nintendo really fucked everyone with the patent

One nice thing about the Wii U's stick placement is that you can claw the right side, to control the camera with a finger and the buttons with your thumb. It makes games a lot more fun to play when you can control the camera and do actions at the same time. In Arkham Asylum, for example, you can reposition the camera easily while fighting or jumping.
It might feel cheap, but from my experience the plastic is hard as fuck. I know an autist who chucks his controller at the wall when he loses a game of Sm4sh, and his still works fine.
Personally I'd rather use my Steam Controller for PC games, but if I need a Dpad I switch to the Pro Controller.

To be fair most people who buy a Nintendo console also have a PC or PS4/Xbox.

Nintendo is smart: you need their shit consoles for Nintendo games. Although they're becoming increasingly irrelevant.

Still predicting the death of consoles huh? Well.good luck with that.

There's nothing wrong with buying a used one now that it can be softmodded. If you can pick it up in the

That chart is incredibly misleading (at least when used to backup your point) because you compare lifetime sales to current console sales, last I checked the 3DS passed 50 million units

Yes, I really can't believe Nintendo dropped the ball this hard. I'm really starting to wonder if one of the higher-ups in the company deliberately tried to sabotage the system and it's library.

That being said, Bayo 2 is better than Bayo 1, unless you really like QTEs.

it has around 10 games, which is more then what the other consoles have. You can keep trying to meme that, however.

And i could go on all day, i have like 30gb worth of DS games on my r4

Even then that's debatable because I barely see any Wii U games to go back to any time soon.

At least with Super it still felt like they tried, even though the gameplay took a turn for the disappointing.

Wait, it does GCN as well?

You can run GCN games using the Wii BC.

How does that work out? I recall the controller adapter was basically for Smash, so I didn't expect it to be useful anywhere else.

Considering how long the Wii and DS had for their servers, is it really worth worrying? And even then that was Gamespy getting shutdown as .

Nintendo even warned people 3 months ahead of time that was going to happen, unlike other platforms where it was like a few weeks.

And even when Nintendo does shut down the Wii U's Nintendo Network, their will probably be Splatoon 2 out already.

In the few weeks before the DS/Wii online got shut down you could still play Mario Kart DS, Wii, 7 and 8 online amazingly enough. How many companies have kept supporting a series online when the sequels get released? (Like EA).

You have to use a hack called Nintendont

Oh it's a homebrew thing, not an official thing. Neat.

Pretty par the course for Nintendo

Compared with

And

And

Yet they've already given up on making wii u games. In between when star fox came out and zelda there's just HASHTAG FIRE EMBLEM, and that's just a translation from a game that came out last year. Fuck even the 3ds is getting more love from them.

Well, of course the 3ds is going to get more love from papa ninty. Noone has a wii u in japan, really, they all have handhelds and mobile phones.

Do you have a 3ds?

I need help with a question. Can I copy and past the folders from my old sd card onto my computer using the microSD management and then insert the new microSD cart onto my N3DS and use the microSD management to move those files into it?

Nope, no 3ds. But if you do have a question, there should be a 3ds hacking general on the catalog.

I'm not that user but I was under the impression that some of the files were encrypted using the per-console key.

That would make sense if they actually had games.

No it isn't.

Nintendo home consoles: irrelevant
Nintendo hand helds: declining

Those are facts.
There is a reason why Nintendo jumped into mobile.

There are two ways forward for Nintendo:

1 make a console that can compete with MS/Sony and has 3rd party support

2 make a cheap POS hardware that people can buy as a secondary console

If you're migrating from an O3DS's SD to a N3DS's microSD, no you can't just copy-paste your SD contents and retain everything.

Ask questions and get some advice here since you can migrate all your shit to and from hacked 3DSes

I'll bite. Somehow I've managed to spend more time playing Wii U than PS4 or PC.

Mainly Mario Kart, Super Fast Racing Neo, Mario Maker, Wii Sports Club (godlike tennis with wii motion plus), Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Star Fox, Monster Hunter 3, NSMBU, and now with piracy I've got an undub/uncensored version of Xenoblade. Mario Party 10 is surprisingly fun with its Bowser mode too. I've yet to even play Bayonetta, Pikmin or Wonderful 101 which are supposedly really good.

I do feel a bit fucked by the late/NX Zelda release but I suppose it's better than rushing the game out unfinished. Also, Amiibos are kinda lame IMO.

I don't think that a Melee machine was even worth $99.