Whats your favourite Crash Bandicoot game, Holla Forums?

Whats your favourite Crash Bandicoot game, Holla Forums?

Crash's YUGE adventure was pretty cool all things considered, but imo the best one is still CTR, even if it's a Diddy Kong Racing ripoff

3>>2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>depression quest>>>>>>1

Crash Team Racing
CTR>Mario Kart

Twinsanity > CTR> 3 > 2 > dicks > 1

The one that can melt cheese

the one with the sexy bandicoot ladies

come the fuck on mate

The cartracing one on the psp is the only one I've played but I had fun with it.

Wrath of Cortex is just 3 with Mark Hamill and worse levels

Twinsanity > 1 = 2 = 3 > Wrath > CTR: Nitro > Crash Bash = CTR >>>>>>>>>>>>> tag team racing

Probably 3. 2 was pretty good. 1 is charming, but reeks of the yet-untested 3D waters.

How are there this many people who liked Twinsanity? Never played it, but I'd always mentally lumped it in with the rest of the later games, assuming it was trash.

It's the only worthwhile post-ND Crash game, honestly.

Crash of the Titans is objectively the best game

I remember being pretty fond of Twinsanity overall. Beyond that I remember 2 and 3 best.

Reading about how much of Twinsanity was scrapped was fun in and of itself as well, it was rushed to shit and lots of stuff didn't end up making it. Probably if it'd been released as the developers wanted it to be it'd be unquestionably the best Crash but now it's just debateably the best Crash :^)

CTR > 3 > 2 > ntranced > huge adventure > 1 > nitro kart > tag team team racing

Absolutely great out of ten soundtrack

here's a cover those same guys did on an album of theirs. It's great. The whole thing is.

Uncharted 4

Sonic Boom :^)

Gotta be honest, this looks way cooler on crash than on the sonic guys
Probably because I'm still livid about the tribal-crash style of handling the character

IIRC; The founders of Big Red Button, the studio who made Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric, were former members Naughty Dog studios.

In other words, with the exception of rings and running tracks, Sonic Boom played more like a Crash Bandicoot game.

Key-word there being "founders" of Big Red Button, I remember something about all the talent bailing from it at one point or another.

everyone bailed, game made in 6 months with no engineering support

The first but that is purely out of nostalgia. I agree that 2 & 3 are better games.

1 has somewhat stiff control and limited moveset but the level design at least challenges the player occasionally.

Go play 1 and then 3 right now you nigger. 1's controls are "somewhat stiff" in the same way john flynt is "somewhat a dude".

I've played them all and acknowledge 1 has the worst controls. It's still the better game just for not being a complete cakewalk. Even then 1 is a 3/5 game at best.

I would argue that a game deriving most of its difficulty from really fucking heinous controls is unforgivably shitty game design.

Play the beta then come back and tell us what stiff controls are.

I pity the casuals that aren't gud enough to 100% CB1.

The fact that the beta may have even shittier controls does not suddenly make the controls in 1 any less shit, any more than how the mere existence of a large bowl of feces doesn't make a small bowl of feces taste better.

Not an argument.

Neither does the fact that the control in CB3 are smoother and very good make the controls in older games shit, they're just not as good but perfectly serviceable.

Of course, the fact that 1's controls were shit to begin with is what makes them shit. Warped doesn't even need to come into the equation except to show what genuinely good controls in a CB game feel like.

2 and crash team racing are my favorite, although I haven't played twinsanity

I JUST FLEW IN FROM THE NEW RUINS LEVEL

I don't even need to load the video.

Where's the tm logo that official videos often use?

Doesn't sound like one of us at all.

Except you're exaggerating how bad the controls really ar,e they don't even take time to getting used to unless you played 2 /3 first and can't stop trying to slide.

On top of that if your definition of bad controls is CB1 either you never played something with genuinely bad control, or use a retarded scale (aka "7/10 it's shit")

I actually did start with 2, then got 3, then went and got 1 and just fucking hated it. I would argue the controls in 1 are 4/10 at best.

Super Magnetic Neo

Not a fan of 2.5d games, especially not when movement is locked in 8-directions.

Only crash games I've played are 2 and 3. Liked them both. Can't decide which one I liked more

because I'm indecisive faggot

I only played 2 and rented twinsanity when it came out, so I'm a little biased.

Personally my favorite overall would be two, but I get the feeling if Twinsanity had a proper development cycle and funding it would be my favorite.

2>3>CTR>1>Twinsanity>Nitro Kart>Bash>Wrath of Cortex>Tag Team Racing>>>>>>>>>>>>Crash of the Titans>Mind Over Mutant

None.
I was too busy playing N64 to bother with Crash.

What a valuable contribution!
I really appreciate your addition to this thread it is so important and valuable for discussion.

You're welcome.

I guess that's why it turned out to be sonic's ass game.

Why not try the original?

Crash 1 was too unrefined, felt clunky and imprecise at times, not streamlined enough (especially with regards to level selection, saving the game).

Crash 3 had toooooo many gimmick levels, like 2 out of 5 levels were gimmicked and sometimes back to back. Crash goes scuba diving, coco flies a plane, crash rides a motorcycle etc. The powerups were gimmicky too and either didn't suit or didn't really add to the gameplay. Double jump was skid/crouch jump for babbies, bazooka slowed down gameplay, super belly flop was pointless etc. At least it had great bosses.

Crash 2 was the goldilocks zone; level selection and checkpoint/life system was streamlined to an acceptable level. Only 2 gimmick levels (jetpack levels). All available skills from the start of the game feel like a complete package and they don't pile on pointless ones as you progress. Controls and animations felt really tight especially compared to crash 1. Decent bosses and secrets.

I didn't play any crash games not made by ND except Twinsanity at a friends house, he just got me to play the difficult parts for him so I can't really comment on it.

tl;dr CB2 is COTYAY

I hadn't played anything in this series for over 15 years, but I suddenly had this track stuck in my head for a few days and decided to give it a replay. I don't remember the first game being this difficult when I played it as a kid.

Also the second game was the best from what I remember.

From what I played, the first Crash game on PS2 without was actually okay but it suffered from awful loading times. I never finished the game because it would crash my PS2 sometimes when loading.

The xbox version was alright.

Does it work on the 360?

Yes.

Bash. Second is CTR.

Never had a chance to try it.

In terms of gameplay Crash 3 was the best but it was dragged down by questionable motorbike levels.

In terms of overall game, Crash 2 is unquestionably the best, it's a single cohesive, polished, ultra tight game that feels organized, fun from start to end, well structured, with decent humor, while gameplay wise it might be technically worse than 3, it's sheer polish and overall quality makes it the better game overall.

And of course as anyone knows, CTR is the single best Kart game ever made.
Anyone thinking otherwise has to actually play it.
It someone plays CTR and doesn't think it's the best Kart game ever made, he's clearly nintendo biased and will never see the light.

These are actually really well-argued points. I'll have to play 2 again and reconsider my stance.

I'd say it's a tossup between CTR and Crash 2. Crash 2 had all the refinement after the first one and all the fresh ideas slapped on.
CTR is probably one of the best arcade racing games out since Diddy Kong Racing, imo.

I loved those bike levels man.

you mean questionable jet ski levels

Crash Tag Team Racing is such a clusterfuck

Few people would agree, but my favorite is probably 1 just because it's a little bit special to me. I just really like the stages. The platforming is more intense in the first game than in the rest. I like stages that really test your precision, and Crash 1 has quite a few of those.

Anyway, all of the PS1 Crashes are great games.

I quite like those levels. Anyway, CTR really is amazing. Played it again a few weeks ago and it's just as good now as it has ever been. Maybe better considering that I am way better at video games than I was back then.

I played 1, 2 and 3 again in one day in 2014/2015. Really fun games to marathon.

I should play Bash again. I even liked that a lot back then.

crash of the titans

My nigger right here

The retold version :^)

crash 2's only problem is dropped inputs

For post ND Crash games, which consoles should I get them for, or is there any significant difference? I plan on emulating them if possible, if that has any influence.

either the ps2 or the xbox then xbox360 if you want to play the absolutely shitty titan games

if i recall the xbox has the best ports

There's Wrath of Cortex and Twinsanity, neither are too bad. Both are emulatable via PCSX2 if you use the skipdraw setting. You want newer than that? I sure as hell don't.

When is that coming back? Last I knew, we had just finished up Unjustice, and the guy promised to run it "next Friday" but we're long past that.

I miss it. I am attached to that retarded mess now, and I want it back.

Warped.

Nah, I planned on only going as far as that generation. What about the kart games after CTR?

Nitro Kart is not bad. Not as good as CTR but better than Tag Team Racing

I dunno, the second TaleMaster said the same shit last week and it ended up doing it at sunday night. I'm about to pick the next comic and doing it myself, but i don't know what's the next comic.

Anyone with his sister wearing something sexy

I think it was Legend of Crash.

Nah, that's the one they did in Sunday.

Meant to

Who cares about Coco, the best Crash girl is Ami.

Well fuck, I missed Legend of Crash. Any link to an archive of the thread, or just a place I can read it stand-alone?

Shit. I must stop missing those threads. Then it's either Legend of Crash x Crash Bandicoot Retold, Super Smash Bros Xenoverse or Digimon Tamers 2.

meant to

I don't know who that is. Post pictures.
:^)

I'm gonna make a new thread about it. Maybe someone has the archive links saved.

The Huge Adventure was my favorite Because it was the only one I played growing up

shit, I guess I have some catching up to do

My favourite is actually the first one, which seems to be an unpopular opinion here.

because its hard and clunky like dick
its also because most people played crash with a dpad

Crash Team Racing and that one cross-over GBA game with Spyro

mostly nail on the head
crash 3's "gimmick" levels were garbage. Tedious jet ski levels, blimp levels…

Crash 1/2's gimmicks were game-defining, and created a nice pattern.

1's boulder levels were iconic and translated well into 2 as a nostalgic element coming back improved.

Hog Wild turning into the bear levels likewise was a good turn. Kept the spirit of the original and easily so.

2's level design was easily the best. This included the liberal speckling of secrets that were completely accessible by accidents in several cases. Curiosity felt rewarded. The absence of any comparable "secrets" in 3 felt disappointing - there's basically the two which both ended up being a forgettable dino gimmick level and the most tedious level in the entire game.

2's soundtrack also wasn't fucking lazy. The establishment of "LOL ONE BONUS THEME" was irritating.

CTR likewise, best kart racer ever. Vertical and horizontal movement were perfectly aligned. CNK was good so far as sequels go, even though the ps2 era switch showed the change in design philosophy. That said last level was no oxide station but was duly awesome.

Mario kart to this day just fucking rips gimmicks from it and its sequel. Karts transforming into magnet karts etc to go through specific points… Gee, where have I seen that… Oh yeah, Nitro Kart.

The first one is pretty good, but VERY rough around the edges, mainly the controls tend to be floaty and not precise as the ones in the future games and 100% it is insanely difficult if you aren't a savestate abusing filth.

CNK had good ideas but horrible execution.
Not a single new weapon or items, they were all reskinned, almost every single track is a 1:1 copy of the ctr ones, YOU CANNOT UNLOCK BOSSES, other characters are just shit, i mean, who gives a flying fuck about the gba games enough to put those characters in, motherfucking N. Oxide is a regular driver in a motherfucking car on wheels and the game doesn't even bother to give the reason why.
Those magnetic surfaces that Mario Kart aped are a perfect example of good idea being badly implemented, unless you're driffting or blazing in full turbo trough them you car starts loosing speed and starts jerking back and forward, like it's climbing a flight of stairs.
And my personal favorite, one minute long loading times before a race starts.

It was the best designed one but I think a lot of the secrets were plain dumb. Like not even "hard to find" dumb, just retarded (Jump on this staircase of Nitro which you need to notice that isn't moving)
The third one IIRC was done immediately after they finished the second so to their word it was much less polished but I still remember that one much more fondly.

That's not how you say jet ski levels
But you're still right because despite those levels being cool as hell, the bike itself handled like shit and there were way too many repetitive missions. The one thing it had over 2 though was the variety of the levels, the N Gin fight was fucking sick.

nitro staircase was one of the first things my elementary school ass noticed

"hey, they aren't bobbing. I'm a curious fuck anyways, why don't I see why there's a fucking staircase in the middle of nowhere"

also

dark sewer levels aww yiss

PSP Tag Team Racing was such a solid game. I couldn't get enough of that back when it came out.

What the fuck?

So wait let me get this straight, this "mod" just adds a shitload of explosives and some enemy spawns?

Also don't know mate I guess that it should've looked suspicious to me but I just had this irrational fear of the fucking nitro noise that I didn't even approach it until some friend told me to.

Probably 2, 3 was good and nearby, but had too high a gimmick level ratio for my taste so 2 edges out.

Anyone played the gba games? Crash 1 and 2 gba was solid 2d platformers worth playing IMO

I'M CRASH

It's hard to call it a Diddy Kong Racing ripoff without the other types of vehicles. Besides, it's better than DKR and MK64.

Get gud, faggot.

Twinsanity and Wrath of Cortex are good but mostly in that they show great potential that Universal didn't let them live up to. The Naughty Dog games are still better.

The GBA games are okay too.

I know you're trolling but you went too far.

The first game's controls are just fine. If you want to complain about anything, complain about the save system.

Crash isn't 2.5d, only some portions of some levels are.

3=CTR>2>1>Twinsanity>Wrath of Cortex>GBA games (not Purple)