Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers #22

So this is the summary, Drakkon and Rita were defeated in the alternate future, and in the current timeline Rita was also defeated but Finster managed to escape for a while, now creating monsters out of real people.
Grace a former Power Ranger from 1969 has developed a scientific program throughout the decades which now can locate the people before they turn into monsters and Zordon has come back from the space between timelines.

As for the issues themselves. #20 was shit. Apparently, the team was experimenting with some edgier, pozzed style but it just made a rushed mess. #21 is better and tries to turn things back into the usual style and now it feels like Power Rangers again.

Also, first pages and… wow.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/Z6R6n
lostmediawiki.com/Taiyo_Sentai_Sun_Vulcan_(lost_Marvel_pilot;_1980s)
store.steampowered.com/app/251130/Chroma_Squad/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Finally, some levity.

Is Finster right Holla Forums?

Is art meaningless without public?
Are they apologizing for issue #20?

It seems that grace is hiding something but it feels far from malicious.
I really like this issue, it really does bring back the levity to the series after that super edgy issue and feels like Power Rangers again.
Go Go Power Rangers Coming Soon!

archive.is/Z6R6n

Los Angeles, CA (December 4, 2017) – BOOM! Studios, in partnership with Saban Brands, announces POWER RANGERS: SHATTERED GRID, the first comic book event in the twenty-five-year history of the global pop-culture phenomenon. In celebration of Saban’s Power Rangers’ 25th anniversary, the epic event begins on March 21, 2018 with Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25, by Kyle Higgins and Daniele Di Nicuolo, featuring events so shocking that the issue will be sealed in a black polybag to prevent spoilers!

POWER RANGERS: SHATTERED GRID will unfold in issues from both Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers and include two special one-shots. Lord Drakkon—a twisted alternate-reality version of Tommy Oliver (AKA the Mighty Morphin Green Ranger)—and his newly reformed deadly army will cross dimensions in order to execute on a plan that threatens the very existence of every Power Ranger ever. For the first time in comic book history, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers will join forces with some of the most popular Power Rangers teams in the franchise to face the threat.

“Call me sentimental, but I love anniversaries. Over the last two years, I’ve been weaving threads in the pages of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, all leading to the 25th anniversary of the franchise,” said Kyle Higgins. “SHATTERED GRID is a massive Power Rangers event that’s both a celebration of the property and also the largest comics story I’ve ever tackled. Lord Drakkon’s plan is so much bigger than our Rangers, our world, and even our universe. The Grid is shattering, every Power Ranger in all of existence is at risk, and it’s going to take more than just the Mighty Morphin team to stand against Drakkon’s armies.”

“The key to incorporating Go Go Power Rangers into SHATTERED GRID was making the story integral to the event while never losing the personal stakes of the series—and we are doing that in a really exciting way,” said Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers writer Ryan Parrott, whose series joins the event in April with issue #9. “A fan-favorite Ranger from the future is going to arrive, searching for Drakkon—and end up dividing our team in a very personal way. Thematically, Go Go has always been about examining the past in order to understand the future—and there’s no clearer way of doing that than smashing them into one another in real time.”

Polybagged editions of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 will be shipped with six (6) main covers illustrated by Goñi Montes, randomly assorted in equal quantities, featuring Drakkon holding one of the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger helmets. Montes helped launch the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic series from BOOM! Studios with a series of iconic covers on issue #0. A special chase variant by Montes will also be available and mixed in randomly within the polybagged editions. This landmark issue will also feature variants (shipping without polybags) by superstar artist Humberto Ramos (Amazing Spider-Man), Jordan Gibson (Howard the Duck), and a stunning wraparound cover featuring every Power Ranger ever by Scott Koblish (Deadpool).

OWER RANGERS: SHATTERED GRID kicks off BOOM! Studios’ celebration of the Power Rangers 25th Anniversary, with additional exciting comics, graphic novels, and more to be announced soon.

Print copies of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #25 will be available for sale on March 21st, 2018 at local comic book shops (use comicshoplocator.com to find the one nearest you) or at the BOOM! Studios webstore. Digital copies can be purchased from content providers like comiXology, iBooks, Google Play, and the BOOM! Studios app.

“SHATTERED GRID has been something we’ve been planning from issue #0, with the singular goal of delivering the biggest Power Rangers story we could tell at BOOM! Studios,” said Dafna Pleban, Editor, BOOM! Studios. “If you think you know where this story is going, think again—we’re making sure each issue of SHATTERED GRID shows you something that no Ranger fan has seen before!”

“From the very beginning, it’s been a joy working with Kyle, Ryan, and the entire team at BOOM! Studios, which is culminating in this fantastic event,” said Brian Casentini, Executive Producer of the Power Rangers franchise. “All of us at Saban Brands are thrilled to be able to bring this fantastic story to Ranger fans all across the world.”

For continuing news on POWER RANGERS: SHATTERED GRID and more from BOOM! Studios, stay tuned to boom-studios.com and follow @boomstudios on Twitter.

Better than SuperMegaforce's?

I'm cautiously hyped.

Well, who will fuck it up?

So after two first comics of pure bore and bad art Go Go Power Rangers didn't leave the best first impressions, it was clear this was the opposite of MMPR, as in is 70% slice of life and 30% action instead of backwards but issue 3 and 4 where full of action, good characterization and energy and Issue 4, in particular, excelled above Issue 20 of MMPR that month while finally showing the series' style a bit more light hearthed in content but at the same time slightly raunchier and bold in themes, so after a 1 month break let us see what GGPR has in store for us:

Is weird. Both MMPR and GGPR are both in the same continuity and is curious to see how Rita is shown in both. Here, Rita is still pretty self confident and cocky, even killing an awesome warrior for daring interrupting her, but here she's crying, ashamed of her own failures and looking help from low class rogues.

I'm not even mad, Bulk & Skull are beloved characters, he's portrayed positevely and even the MC support him despite all that "Make Angel Grove Great Again". I think that is just part of popular culture from now on.

Shit, Matt is such a great character, I'm sorry he's being used like this.

Good luck Bulk.

It was just filler, okay.

Of course they did.

I don't think is half bad, at the end they kept Bulk and Skull as funny characters, even going as far as making them sympathetic at the end, is time we admit it, "Let's Make X Great Again" is now a political meme in the same vein as Nixon, George Washington's teeth, or "Winners don't do drugs".

Talking about stuff that are now just a permanent meme.

Man… you're gonna love this.
HAVE YOU TAKEN SHEEP AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR?

Goodbye Sheeple, the best MMPR monster since Vitruvion man.

So Zordon's prison is laughably awful, and while I get the basic principle behind the Ranger's complaints I can't help but notice they're blowing this out of proportion, Grace methods look pretty reasonable.

But forget Grace moral procedures, this is now tying up for SHATTERED GRID Holy FUCK I'm HYPED!.
I just don't know if my body is ready to have Time Force, SPD, Lightspeed Rescue, etc. In comic.
But I should be more careful, last time I got this hyped was for issue 20 and we all know how that turned off.

Thanks for the read OP.

Is weird to read two different series with the characters at two different steps of their development at once.
Also the art quality going up in these past two numbers… I don't know if it's worth the two month gaps.
BTW, young Rita's a hottie.

It also seems that danke-Empire has learned to compress the images a lot better.

Thanks man.

Thanks a lot for the dump, OP. This comic is surprisingly great.

Shattered Grid begins people.

Also, I didn't noticed but this is the Issue #24, happy birthday comic.
Is weird, Rita's plan was actually good but is nice to notice why Finster is such an expert. She probably thought that all that was needed was to make a good sculpture and golem the shit out of it but her ego came to bite her despite her great plan.
This also explains why she just doesn't makes an army of giant putties.

Goddamit Saba.

stoooooop

Hey, it has to be big for the main event and the comic has been edgy since at least 8 numbers ago, is still rather fun compared to issue #20.
But it seems that even if edgier something really fun is about to come in the next issue.

Thanks OP.

Yeah, the lighter stuff isn't as good.

You know, I'm actually okay with that since, so far, they have managed to pull off edgy Power Rangers really, really well. And I can't believe I'm saying that.

Anyways, again, thanks a lot for the dump.

Thanks for the read.

Well, if you aren't appreciating the return to dark and edgy there's always GGPR.
Now this series has been all over the place, sometimes is boring like the first issues, then is full of action and today is filler. But not that bad tbh.
So the last issue we saw how Rita quite literally adopted Squatt, now we can see her accepting Baboo, you know, young Rita is such an interesting character.
We also continue on Billy wanting to leave the team… I wonder where will that lead to.
And Zack having doubts on Matt.

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers - c007 (web)

Fucking Bulk and Skull are getting some tonight with hot emo slut, fuck yes. Go Bulk.

Okay, now that's a reaction image.

Also, let's hold a minute of silence for Bulk, who did all he could do to protect his date, and pray to god, that he at least get's to third base.

In the last MMPR we learned that Finster gives different properties to different tiers of monsters, depending on their function he applies different quantities and probably different types of magic, so a putty that's supposed to pretend to be a human and indistinguishable at that while learning from his enemies may be able to actually develop feelings.
Huh… Also, that design is fucking horrifying.

So after two issues being 2 months apart from the one before them now we get two issues three weeks apart.

Again, I'm so interested in young Rita's story, I would read a spin-off about it and Goldar looks awesome.

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 008-004.jpg (1988x3056 1.66 MB, 1.49M)

So remeber putty Matt, well fuck him, Rita possessed his ass at the first sight of disloyalty, I'm not saying is out of character but is anticlimactic… there's still a whole fight after that so that's fun.

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 008-009.jpg (1988x3056 1.54 MB, 1.44M)

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 008-014.jpg (1988x3056 1.94 MB, 1.58M)

Well shit, I guess I was wrong about what a Emo girl likes in a man, no worries Bulk, you'll always have Skull. Also Billy realizes he's useful.

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 008-019.jpg (1988x3056 1.38 MB, 1.76M)

And this is how we tie in to Shattered Grid, with the Drakkon Minions, which implies time travel, which really helps to explains something… you'll see.
Don't bother sitting.

Attached: Saban's Go Go Power Rangers 008-024.jpg (1988x3056 998.3 KB, 1.25M)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT
Is not only something else than Mighty Morphin' in a comic, is:
FUCKING ZEO's SIXTH RANGER.
MOTHERFUCKING IN SPACE BLUE RANGER
ANIMALHUMPER RPM'S RED RANGER
GODBLESSED SPD'S PINK RANGER
IF I HAD TO MAKE A COMPLAINT AND THIS IS SCRATCHING THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL IS THAT IT ISN'T RPM'S BLACK OR GREEN, SPD'S BRIDGE OR KRUEGER, OR ANDROS.

Attached: 6e8e4fb9dbad58055f20878220551c6341c646f5b996c913bacfe1a3c155940c.gif (3976x3056 1.44 MB, 3.32M)

Dont forget the tie-in video user.

I don't know how to feel…

Attached: 6628edce660cbc4bf87872abc9260b22c6fbe205e90ca863b324d30296379da0.jpg (324x291, 12.1K)

Shit, id buy an actual subscription just to watch a mini-series.

Why was the video deleted?

So a couple of notes, apparently IGN took down the video but Jason David Frank also uploaded it, it has half a million views so people are really liking it, and those stupid reaction channels are doing something useful for once and giving attention to it.
I don't watch reaction channels but maybe I'll have too to understand what's going on.

Attached: a08863e546097e8128a953b21427e801b58807e2830dc627ceb43e39ee270971.jpg (387x309, 13.43K)

So apparently Kyle Higgins contacted Ron Wasserman for the music.

Nice, did he release the music yet?

No I meant the post, did the vols recklessly IP delete an user again.

That doesn't change the fact that IGN pulled the video down.

Right but the video/post before was from JDF.

I wonder how the Japanese sentai community is responding to this

Well, I can't speak for them but as promised I went and watched those reaction videos too see what the general reception is.

Last update from the normie side.
The combined views of all the YouTube channels that have posted the trailer, like Jason David Frank's, Saban's and IGN had reached 1.8M views, which even if we subtract repeated people has to be the biggest reception a comic book has received in years, especially if not from the big two for one of the only ongoing series of comics that's can be considered good right now.
A lot of people seems to still not realize the purpose of the video, for example it was just reuploaded by a channel that goes by "Movie Trailers Source".
So while it's good news to Saban and the Power Rangers brand, it's not necessarily good for the comic or comic industry, much less when people realize that they'll have to read 32 issues from two series and 4 annuals.
BTW, very curious about the Japanese reaction.
What do you guys think?

Attached: 21becc0100f2031794d8f36ef266630fb80e31fc89900cc5b48939b2f3e05212.png (600x600, 102.4K)

Same

They'd make a pretty penny if only they gave an actual budget to these people.

Is actually impressive, this is the edgy stuff movie companies have always wanted to sell to the masses but at the same time it doesn't mocks what toku sentai is, especially Power Rangers, it accepts the cheesiness, it opens with scenes of the battle poses, Lord Drakkon's costume is an edgy sentai suit, not a literally edgy tacticool armor.
I'm happy, even if it doesn't leads nowhere.
Is Lord Drakkon's suit the first official American made design of a Ranger suit? Considering the movies are just remade versions of the MM ones.

No, there's been plenty.

Attached: american_made_power_rangers_by_sentaifive-d6irltp.jpg (640x480, 143.8K)

If history has shown, saban will barely do anything considering the cheapskates that they are.

Its always so odd. I've watched both Zyuranger and MMPR. But the idea that Squats a troll like monster or goblin and baboo is actually a blood sucking vampire always makes their antics odd. They're far less threatening then their counterparts.

I love these comics. There aren't to many sentai comics. You've got the old Goranger Manga. Ninja Highschool, and the Old MMPR ones. I don't know if there are any other sentai comics. But Kamen rider has had several mangas.

Attached: 1466190886617.gif (238x177, 1.88M)

I still can't wrap my head around how they actually manage to do edgy Power Rangers in a way that works. I doesn't get a widespread release in my country, but I think I'll actually try to purchase a copy.

They actually care this time.

Well that's it, that gif convinced me I'm watching my first original Sentai right now.
Dekaranger because SPD's my favorite.

Because there's a lot of room for edgy shit in Power Rangers as long as the main point remains, that's what this comic does, it can get as edgy and dark as it wants without ever dismissing the morals of the franchise.

Well, I couldn't find any on Shattered Grid but I found on the 2016 movie and its the weirdest thing.
For us it was kinda lame because while it wasn't awful, it was clear it tries to distance itself from Power Rangers and what it means, but for the japanese it was just awesome looking flavor of the month.
Which makes sense since every year they have a new flavor, various of them really, at the same time, but for us we all have one every year and despite its differences or levels of edginess we have cohesion on the whole thing.
My point is for us is a great leap for Power Rangers, for the japs is just another Sentai.

Sun Vulcan was going to be the US first Power Rangers if Stan lee had his way.

Hell if it wasn't for Marvel We'd have no power rangers. Stan Lee and Marvel saved thier asses and created Battle Fever J

Queen Hedorian is based off of Hella from fucking THOR

lostmediawiki.com/Taiyo_Sentai_Sun_Vulcan_(lost_Marvel_pilot;_1980s)

Attached: super_sentai_by_fooshigi-d69t06f.png (495x765, 58.85K)

Don't forget-
SPEIDA MUN

That might've been not the best decision, five episodes in and I can already see major differences, I mean, everyone told me that Deka was darker and edgier but I guess that was just because people die, but honestly, I feel like the show thinks I'm retarded or something.
Again this all in the first episodes of both series.
Which Super Sentai do you recommend me Holla Forums or should I just jump into GARO instead?

Attached: 73386eb0079a582c837f5c264d015594b7cffc81244efb0bced663b27c89c6b4.png (768x576 768.82 KB, 637.7K)

its true nowadays you cannot make a series about people with color cordinated outfits fioghting monsters or bandai will sue you?
Whatever happened to those weird European parodies from some years ago?

SUPAIDA MAN

Bandai doesn't make Super Sentai, Toei does.

Dunno if you're talking about France Five but the series ended a while ago.

Huh, I never knew these were a thing.

No, it's Saban who'll try to sue you.

fuck, sorry i meant Saban, i recall hearing a story about some people making a "indie videogame" that was a parody of PR/ Sentai stuff, and then getting sued or something by Saban

This?
store.steampowered.com/app/251130/Chroma_Squad/

Thankfully they could still publish the game but had to add "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers".

So shattered grid finally begins, and we enter with one of the most beloved team in the franchise, the Time Force squad as Jen and Wes share a last goodbye.
Also, Jen is fucking badass and a great team leader, total Waifu material.

Attached: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers - c025 (web)

The art's kinda weird, is the GGPR designs but the colors are so intensely cartoony, like tumblr pastel but not really.
Can somebody explain me how did the time force visors work IRL please.
On the other hand is good to know that the team isn't as stupid as before and actually try to do everything they can to protect themselves.

I don't remember Ninjor that well. Was he this naive? Also Tommy and Kim are FINALLY going to a date.

So Drakkon kidnaps Ninjor and obtains L33T H4X0R skills so whatever countermeasure Billy was applying doesn't work.

And Drakkon kills Tommy, we know is bullshit but as far as we know this may not even be our Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers world, so he could be dead for real.
Also, the count of "Boyfriends of Pink Rangers Jen Scotts has been directly related too" now ascends to three if we count Wes' death at the beginning of this comic.

>"Boyfriends of Pink Rangers murders Jen Scotts has been directly related too"
Fixed.
And despite Jen quite immediately displaying actual military/police training Drakkon escapes.
Now in the final pages we have Blue Senturion trying to catch some Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers that seem to be working with the all awesome Mesogog.

I-I'm n-n-not crying…..

Attached: 1521400014257.png (566x676, 456.67K)

So, is he a paradox at this point?

No, he's from another physical dimension entirely, besides being set in the future, compared to the main one.

Hey user, mind recapping what's been happening in the various comic universes? I haven't read all of them, and I don't want to be scratching my head every other moment.

MMPR

GGPR

Thanks