Rocket League Has Now Brought in $110 Million

archive.is/rXN65

Damn, this game really took off. How come RL is never talked about on here? ~Potential Rocket League thread~

Multiplayer only and the community is cancer.
It looks like a pretty good game though, Ill probably buy it down the line.

found your answer.

Because it's a sports game, i'd imagine. Not a whole lot to discuss about it; drive around and smack a ball.

Next you'll want to discuss checkers.

$110 million. $110 million, anons. On a budget of $2. That's like winning the lottery right there.

For a sports with racing game, it's pretty fun. The only other sports game I've ever played was Mutant League Football on the Genesis back in the day.

Has its fun moments, obviously made to enjoy with friends.

There just isn't much to talk about. Plenty of people played it and enjoyed it. It got in the market at a pretty reasonable price point, it has no political aspects, few tactics and just all in all very little to discuss.

and they'll probably blow it all trying to recreate this level of success.

I really wish this game would be an actual e-sports.

you fucking what

They recently had a championship thing. I watched the stream and the skill level of the players was insane. Quite cool. But I lost interest after a few games and the prize pool wasn't even a million I don't think.

Hello underage

(checked)
Cool. I guess I should check on them more often

There are lots of tournaments and the devs are really pumping a lot of money trying to make it an "e-sport", not sure if it's working. There are some amazing players though.

That's quite impressive, I got it when it was free on ps4, I wonder how the sales are across the platforms, P.C. and consoles.

why would it cost that much for only a few oval arenas, a few car customizations, and an unchanging ball model? Obviously there's publishing and buying the rights to the engine but why would you need to spend that much on designing that much of a barebones game?

DLC for Rocket League is all cosmetics. A few weird sponsored things too, including the Back to the Future DeLorean and the Batman v Superman version of the batmobile of all fucking things

I'm not even regret.

That just proves people are willing to spend their money on any stupid bullshit they're offered, even if it doesn't actually do them any good.

Which has been going on for about 50 years now so I guess that's nothing new.

How come those niggers get a flag?

bought the game.

its actually pretty fun, mindless fun which i dont have any problem with.

its a lot of fun when you play it with friends. you get some really cool tactics going on. when you play it with random people, everyone goes after the ball like idiots.

Because they suck cock for attention.

:^)

They also suck cock for attention.

this game is overrated as fuck. as in the kind of title you bought just because RLM praised it and then you realize its actually kind of boring after 30 minutes.

Wow, it's just like real soccer.

RLM have really jumped the shark, they pander so much to the reddit audience, not to mention how cancerous aids moby is. Their games reviews are complete cancer.

This game is only fun with friends but at the same time you don't quite get to mess with the customization that way because muh unlockables. Gotta make everything unlockable like Cawwadooty to give you a treadmill sense of progression.

The main menu of the game links to fucking /r/RocketLeague

Don't give a fuck, the game is fun and I've sunk a shit ton of hours into it for only $10.

See also every single multiplayer game.

No, I said it's ONLY fun with friends. As in online is just droll and awful. Crank it with some controllers and play splitscreen or don't bother.

Because they are relevant in a certain sense. Same for reddit or 4chan, i mean not to the degree of either of those but still. For examplr people dont even know if this place, when people hear Holla Forums they think 4chan not Holla Forums. Which im still confused as to why this placed was named Holla Forums, it feels like its riding the 4chan wave without its own original soul.

What the fuck else are we gonna call the video game board

Vidya? Videogames, vidyagams, vidyagames. Anything but just Holla Forums, it sounds like 4chan knockoff.

This place is called Holla Forums, because we ARE Holla Forums. All the actual anons from Holla Forums left 4chan and settled here. Really, 4chan is the knockoff at this point.

user please tell me you don't actually believe that. You dont actually think the only "real" anons are the ones here. That is fucking restarded, the first big wave mainly came here because of GG.

Yes that's exactly what I fucking believe. If you think we're "knockoffs" of the anons at cuckchan, you're quite welcome to go the fuck back.

edgy

kek, I guess imageboard culture is just too 'toxic' for a moralistic reddit browser like yourself.

Nice downvote

Don't use words your dumbshit millennial ass doesn't understand. Stop abusing the English language with your faggotry.

God damn you fucking idiots.

It's, at most, three dollary-doos for a licensed car. I think the general new car bodies and paint styles are $2.

You are using sage as a downvote, literally

You're using sage as a downvote on a thread you don't like rather than avoiding an unwarranted bump for an off-topic post.

No, I'm using sage how it's suppose to be used, plebeian dipshit.

Here, I'll do it again, and I'm still using it how it's meant to be used.

Are you implying that either of these posts are on-topic? God damn reddit, get your fucking shit together.

bump :^)

Try since forever. Think about gold, in the past it didn't actually have much practical use but people still use it to show status. Thisbgoes back to probably even Mesopotamia and the first civilizations.

Try since forever, using things with no practical value to show you like something or show status has been going on since probably the very first civilizations.

I'm not implying that, I'm saying that you're so angry that it's hard to believe otherwise.

It's an imageboard user. Imageboards have Holla Forums, Holla Forums and usually Holla Forums. There are more than 2 imageboards in the world. Heck, even Josh has his own cancerous php imageboard.

For 10 bucks its alright. Probably played it more than a lot of games that are supposed to be worth 60 bucks or whatever.

I agree, it seems like a basic UT2K4 mod to me.

Holla Forums doesn't play videogames and hates fun.

Ive only played against cool people
its a good game with good meta

It's a fucking console rip-off of a UT2004 mod

There isn't much to talk about, it's just some mindless fun to pop into whenever you're bored.

graphics and sound fams

the game looks absurdly good and sounds even better. Art assets aren't cheap, and there aren't a ton of people on the market that are competent with lighting/shaders. Normally audio is pretty cheap but whoever they've got is super good at their job so I'd reckon that wouldn't be too cheap either.

It's a sports game with a cancerous community and unlocks that pander specifically to Reddit.

Gee I wonder why too.

I'd rather play the soccer mode in Acme All Stars.

Literal meme game

I've never seen someone using that.

Meanwhile better to direct the hordes to reddit or their own forums.

I never got why this game is so popular, it's literally just driving a car into a ball better than everyone else, guess that's modern gaming for you though.

Multiplayer games are like that. Do the thing better than the other guy.
You'll get more enjoyment if you play with people willing to work together. Voice chat (not ingame it's garbage) helps a tonne.

my niggah
thats probably the only sports game i can say i like

driving cars into balls better than the other guys 𝑎𝑠 𝑎 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑚

How much do you think it costs to employ people for a year? The average wage in the US is about 50,000, if you have 20 people on you instantly have gone through 1 million dollars in employment costs alone in one year. Then there's licensing, rent etc.

This. Seemed pretty obvious. I can't tell if these people are just being facetious or they're just willfully ignorant of how businesses actually run.

Yes and beating another team is enjoyable in a game where you can fly around into a giant ball with a rocket car.
Simple game. Very easy to learn and get into but takes a lot of effort to get good at.

Probably because there's little to discuss. At best you can just make a thread of WEBMs dedicated to trick shots and such

I never got why it was so popular either, but it's kinda fun I guess.

Omg I wish this game was for Macbook ^^

In a certain way it is maybe? I mean, almost all of the users here came from there to begin with, and it would also be an almost unanimous decision to use the legacy board name if we were to pick one, even now.

Also, I think there isn't much discussion about the game because, although it's good, it might not be "hundreds-of-hours-worth-of-fun" kinda good, it gets repetitive quickly.
Also quite popular among an audience that Holla Forums generally despises Inb4 vee onry 1 person meme, it's just a community consensus, like redditors and youtube/let'splay fags.

you're oversimplifying it a bit much, kinda like saying you win a fighting game by mashing buttons better than anyone else.

Take what people like about any popular, team-based sport and add driving and aerial maneuvers to the mix. There's your answer.

>not using the Israel flag ironically

Because I never have the cash for it when it's on sale.