The absolute best piece of Star Wars Holla Forums related media produced in recent years was a sub par theatrical...

Eyup, it also had a pretty decent ending that didn't sacrifice what was going to happen in the next movie.

the Clone Wars made me realize what a good universe SW had and it makes me sad to think Disney owns it now and is making nonstop fan fiction claiming it's canon.

Im sorry Orange-butt cheeks ill never doubt you again

we all make mistakes user…
I believed the RLM meme and shat on Lucas regularly.

The prequels were shit, user.

no fuck that jailbait mary sue.
she's fucking 14 (or 11, if you believe george lucas). shouldn't be leading clone troopers. It's fucking dumb.

it sacrificed the entire EU, this is what started that.

I see in that concept art ahsoka's torso is completely covered, but they also gave her a gratuitous butt-shot.

Did you ever see up Ahsoka's skirt in the show? Being CGI and all. I want to see her tight-wearing butt.

Are you by chance a mandolorian fag who is still mad over the whole peaceful planet thing

The EU needed a fucking revamp besides they were making literally almost every good thing in the EU canon overtime and some bad stuff too like a Yu Zhan vong episode.

then disney told them to stop

I'd say it's more of a mixed bag tbh. The Genndy Tartakovsky clone wars micro-series was pure kino. That and the Darkhorse comics.

Closest shot of her but I can think of is one episode where she has to wear a space suit and it's form fitting.

Not the user you were talking to but I was pissed about how the CGI clone wars handled Grievous.

Actually, that one never bothered me too much. But from what I remembered, the mandalorians were all supposed to be dead, so it's still a valid point about retconning.

I mean, fuck's sake, is there anything this show didn't retcon?
They even went down to minute details, like having Jango's helmet destroyed when most of us kids thought Boba was wearing Jango's armor repainted?
They just shat over everything for no good reason except shock value.

I agree, J.J. could do wonders with a star wars movie if lucasfilm let him oh wait.. HAHAHAAH xD

Yeah that bugged me a lot. I know there was this unfinished episode where Boba gets his proper armor but I don't know how he got it.

You know I think Brad Bird would've been a better choice for Star Wars. He can do weird stuff but still have a heart to it.

I can't believe this show has unfinished episodes.
Couldn't they have had less padding and filler and more tight storytelling?
Clone wars 2003 did fine with like 3 hours.
Somehow that wasn't good enough for the better show? They really needed over a hundred episodes of nothing?

Wait how is the CGI series the better show? or are you being saracstic?

No. How could you think it is?
Just because the lighting is literally darker doesn't make it a darker show, mongoloid.

People don’t realize this but the 2008 CG show actually made some of 2003 canon. Anakin and fucking Obi-WANs designs were ripped from it. In one of the early seasons Ventress remarks about a duel she anakin had. The ship she had was right from 2003.

Lightning Round

The CG show was great I don’t get why a lot of people are hating on it. It was the best show Cartoon Network had in years that’s for sure.

It’s also sure as hell better than Disney’s show

Mandolorain Wars happened when Revan BTFOs them they weren’t allowed back on Mandalore so they just got exiled

They had seasons 7 and 8 planned the show was that fucking popular even with season 6 already finished but during a hiatus Disney ordered them to cancel the show. They were also planning a lore revamp way before the Disney buyout the whole Disney thing gave them a reason to fully do it.

Genndy Wars was 24/7 action and was akin to Warhammer 40k star wars edition

I hope you mean the cartoon series and not the 3D faggotry.

The 3D show

Faggot.

CGI Clone Wars was a great show but there were times I honestly wished it wasn't beholden to movie continuity. Anakin's character arc in particular would've been fantastic if it wasn't for them having to adhere to Lucas' faggotry.

Also, it sucks that they nerfed Grievous so much because ole' Georgie threw a tantrum about it.

Wrong. Best Star Wars media was a fan-made 7 min film and came out in 2015.

They never gave this poor bastard a job. :(

fucking hell, this.
we all knew this was SUPPOSED to happen, but filoni couldn't bare to lose his fucking waifu

Also its Rebels that did this not clone wars

Legacy of the Jedi would like you to kiss its ass, OP.

It really is a pain.

Nobody cares about Mandos outside of the proto-tumblrites, faggot. He's talking about what Disney did, not what Feloni and Lucas did to the Mandos. Hell I legit laughed. All Mando faggots ever did was preach about their bullshit mando ways and how much better and progressive their shitty Mando stories were compared to the rest of the EU.

And for that I give thanks to CW for fucking over the Mandofags in every possible way and I don't even get what the big deal was since the jedi wars were still there and their ancestors weren't total pussyfists, but either way, the butthurt from mandos was great

Filoni/Lucas did the Mandolorian shit that happened way before disney buyout.

I was asking if the other user thought it was the better show. Get some reading comprehension dude.

Well he has a patreon now if you want to help him.

What bugs me about how Clone Wars did away with the whole story of True Mandalorians vs Deathwatch and Jango Fett no longer being Mandalorian. Granted the arcs they did with the Mandalorians were still interesting I just wish they didn't have to get rid of Jango's story for that.

Watch this if it makes you feel any better

It helps user. Thanks. Did they release all the animatics for that arc? Cool that Daniel Logan did the voice for Boba. He must be very dedicated to that character.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Better than Disney and Rebel shit

um sorry sweetie

What did ol' Georgie mean by this?

Hey Holla Forums

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA

you say that like people don't commonly assume the CGI Clone Wars is the best one.

eeehhhh….

by that logic any new bounty hunters added are OC donut steels

Hey Holla Forums

I thought the consensus was Clone Wars was a great show? Or does this place really hate everything?

Hey Holla Forums

The nose knows.

Personally I like the CGI Clone Wars I just consider the micro series by Genndy Tartakovsky to be better. That and I think it's liked here but people acknowledge it's flaws.

what? there weren't enough before?

great shows don't need to trample on others to raise themselves up

Your saying 2008 trampled on 2003? That is honestly false

dave filoni pls go

I recently found out there is a sixth season released on DVD?
Is it worth watching it?

Bane?

cad bane was supposed to be durge

Bane.

Holla Forums is not one person. I like it, although the animation is rather dated

Needs more Banking Clan

More like Shekeling Clan.

"Clone Wars" is the 2D series, "The Clone Wars" is the shit 3D.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH=

THIS

The early seasons but the later season had some of the best CG in years for s cartoon

What interests me about Logan is that he seems to have adopted an American inflection in his accent when he voices Boba Fett. If he'd been able to voice the character longer they could have easily made Fett's original voice in ESB canon again while keeping all the Jango Fett clone lore.

Really? I usually see people say the opposite. That the CG show is good but the original Clone Wars is superior.

People only like the 2003 for 24/7 action

Pull that off, die will you?
It would be extremely painful
A big guy you are.
For you.

If you post on a place with TRUE star wars fans, yes, they'll tell you the original is better.

even if only for the reason that it didn't shit all over previously established stories for no good reason

ACKTUALLY

It did fuck over an entire comic series since one of the jedi murdered by Greivious was part of an on-going Dark Horse comic series as a result the writers had to add in a new force power called "Force induced Coma"

Then there is the fucking shit with Shakk-Ti which is whole other cluster fuck where in the cartoon Greivoius induces his bondage fetish on her and flies away while in episode III deleted scenes he kills her.

Why is Shaak-Tis lore so fucking random? Shes died like 4 times already

k'kruhk?
probably nobody told them he was in a comic, they just got sent those character designs to use as random jedi

whereas filoni very well knows about the eu, look at the revan and bane deleted scene, where in that scene bane had his proper eu look too instead of the samurai-skull armor

I always thought Genndy had the episode III script before hand and used it as a reference giving certain characters a spot light. The 2003 series made you think of jedi being these super sayian tier warriors same went for grievous too. Genndy made episodes just for Mace Windu,Kit Fisto, and Sarese Tinn being the ultimate badasses of the jedi order which they were. However as a kid watching the cartoon those guys became my favorite jedi ever. Fast forward to little me watching episode III to the scene where Windu goes to confront Palpatine.

Genndy 100% had the script since at the end Windu crushes Grievous's chest

Which is why we ended up with the wheezing weakshit faggotron in Ep III. I was so disappointed that we didn't even get a badass grievous in a theatrical release, but a fucking series of shorts.

Genndy Wars were still the superior series though.

Not that it would have been more exciting, but the whole point was to show how utterly up there in the power tier Palpatine is. The other jedi are nothing to him.
Of course, poor direction in that scene made the Jedi look weak instead of making Palpatine look powerful. There is a difference, you know.

Man, now you know how i felt when i seen the CGI Grievous in the film and the CGI series!

Get Sheev'd, kiddo

But it was over real quick.

Atleast the CG series shows you how powerful the sheevster is

Well you were right about one thing.
The negotiations were short.

This is why I think the 2003 is not the best its great but think about in a star wars sense.

What if the mains movies had the jedi doing these insane moves and shit and clone troopers on speeder bikes jousting I would have gotten ripped.

Best season imo, probably because they just kept improving at stories and animation, but I haven't seen it in a while.

And it's crashing on their heads. JJ being an uncreative hack and rebooting the entire galaxy back to ep 4 meant a total stagnation for merchandise. A new jedi order, an actual new republic army and rag tag imperial loyalists could have been a goldmine for the collectible market. But no star wars has to exculsively be x-wings and tie fighters. I take back everything I said about lucas.

I actually hoped the allies what Leia mentioned in the movie will be the Chiss, the surviving Republic Army and the Imperial Remnants. Before ask why this much faction; the film said the First Order has enough troop and ship to beat the whole fucking galaxy. Which is pretty ridiculous since the jews of the Star Wars (the CIS) wasn't able to beat the galaxy with all the industry and banks, but fuck me right?

Now J.J. Abrams in the picture my last hope died. No way that white hating piece of shit would include anything from the old canon. His head is too deep in his own ass!

The worn-out anime tropes he stuffed it with made it pretty gay tbh. Good rendering of a shit style.

If you ever needed evidence of how incompetent/corrupt the industry is it's this.

Hey I found something suitable to your tastes

Begone, Imperial shill.

(((The Intergalactic Banking Clan)))

Actually the CIS were basically goyim trying to break free of the Republic's tyranny who got misled by a bunch of kikes getting ordered around by the kikiest kike of all in Jewpatine. Think of it like if Texas wanted to secede and turned to (((Israel))) to help them. Little did they know the (((Republic))) was being manipulated by that very same King Kike who then turned it into a dictatorial (((Empire))).

You're trying too hard to fit in kid.

Nice try but I'm betting I've been here longer than you.

Shit like this makes me wish tv had IDs

Eh, the cartoon wasn't "sub-par", but it certainty had its low-points.

Was this show written by a 13 year old?
wait, don't answer that.

the movie was fucking terrible

It's weird they're like a cross between jews and a white Yakub.

The movie was a bunch of episode arcs actually

Palpatine knows every lightsaber form he wanted to toy with Maul and Savage. He always breaks out lightsabers when he wants to play with his food.

The allies are actually a bunch of random boys who lived on an old republic factory world full of clone wars era shit and are led by a clone trooper played by a non CG Temura Morrison who didnt actually serve in the clone wars but is actually a surviving Anti-Trooper

Is the rest of his album good?

more like he wants to sell toys

and does that change how terrible they are? no? so what's the point of this statement.

I was just saying it was used as a way to create hype for the rest of the show

Morrison is a pretty good singer

That's pretty nice.

If that was the case, I'm surprised the show wasn't immediately cancelled

The early seasons were not the greatest but the series premiere was the biggest in CN history 5 million people tuned in for it.

The 1st episode will always be one of my favorites since it had Yoda teaching clone troopers how to be individuals in an army made up of the same person.

I don't know why the fuck they made so many fucking retarded decisions, I guess being a lifeless corporate kike hack will result in that utter and complete lack of skill and comprehensive thinking, but you'd think a continuation from The Return of the Jedi would've been easy as fuck.

But no. Jesus, the Prequels are so much better in retrospect.

I watched every episode, even the weaker episodes in the early seasons are still totally watchable, it's miles above whatever shlocke is being peddled by CN these days, with any episode that actually focused on the clones themselves being genuinely great. It kicks all the fucking ass off of Disney's sequel cartoon as well.

Fucking Disney man, Star Wars was always kind of a product, I never imagined it could actually be whored out even worse than it already is.

Reminder his idea of the next Star Wars cartoon was a watered down Seth Green parody, though that could been purely intended as a last laugh. I mean he had a dozen episodes finished before networks said no. And of course right before handing the reins to Disney and Kennedy, which would have immediately shot down the idea if it was pitched to them.

Were the Robot Chicken parodies not enough?

The shit writes itself. Instead of space ww2 we could've got space Vietnam or space ISIS.

yeah, no, it's a fucking huge waste of time.
clone wars and its fans are so fucking pretentious

And then this leads us to the chips…

It was actually really compelling, seeing an army of identical people who all become unique through what they experience and the decisions they make. It's not fucking Shakespeare, but it's an interesting idea that actually gets developed and makes for the best episodes in the series.

The chips aren't great, I'll admit. It turns the clones into a bunch of dindus, 66 works better as something the clones had to decide to obey willingly.

I actually thought the chips were a great idea as to why almost every clone trooper followed Palpatine's orders instead of there being a huge uproar where clones are forced to murder people that they've been through hell and back with. Plus it fits with Palpatine's character as a control freak who wouldn't allow for any possibility that the clones could disobey him.

If stormtroopers are supposed to be mundane-ish military forces, as in, regular non-clone volunteers make up its body, what the fuck happened to all the clone troopers after 66?

According to canon, Palpatine had them disbanded after the Empire was created because he was afraid they were too powerful or something and then destroyed all the cloning facilities on Kamino to prevent more from being made. The more logical answer is that SW writers realized that Lucas fucked up with introducing badass clone troopers that are somehow nowhere to be found during the Empire days because the stormtroopers are all obviously NOT clones, so they hastily made up some bullshit to justify their absence. Which doesn't make sense because all the clones were programmed to be loyal only to him anyway, which already makes them more reliable than normal stormtroopers and he could continue paying the Kaminoans more shekels to keep mass-producing them for him with no issue since he runs the whole fucking galaxy now.

I'm with you on this. Plus i think it fit well with the Phase Zero Dark Trooper project where the Empire chopped up clones and made them into half-cyborgs.

At the very end they were nothing but the very same thing they fight against. Droids without any freedom…

Damn, that's pretty stupid. What a disappointing answer. Thanks for the explanation though.

In the old EU, the cloners used the Jango strain to build an anti imperial force that had to be put down. That particular template was considered comprised so they branched out to recruitment and trying different less effective cloning. With the advanced aging, the clones were pretty much antiques by the civil war. The 501st, Vader's personal group was still clones until after Hoth.

Then Disney came

As a side note, the clones shit talked the new kids for being completely useless

They age twice as fast as normal humans, so youngest ones in service after RotS would physically be 38 by ANH, and most of them would be 40+. They stopped making them because it's cheaper to recruit normal people than it is to pay people to genetically engineer and then raise/train an army for 10 years.

That and they ran out of genetic material

From what I read it was a little better explanation. Sheev realized after a short lived rebellion on Kamino that someone else could create an army of 100% loyal soldiers to dispose him of power. His response was to phase them out slowly and replace them with brainwashed opens now that he held an iron grip on politics and media. Meanwhile, Kamino was downsized and heavily guarded while a significant chunk of their cloning tech was moved to Byss.

*open recruits, not opens.

There's a actually line from Lama Su about this in Episode II. He mentions how the clones are designed to be less independent and obey every command without questioning it.

I think that's still a bit hard to swallow if you take the Clone Wars into account, but I prefer it to the brain chip thing. Also, it makes sense since the clones aren't really ordinary humans.

>implying episode 9 won't shove in Kyle Katarn or Sev and butcher them

The show fucking overused dual-wielding lightsabers, making you wonder why would anyone even use a single one ever.

Heres the weird thing currently Republic Commandos are canon but the game never took place so Sev never went MIA.

This is both a good and bad thing since I fucking hate Karen Travis

Probably because heroically letting the fascist win isn't really Disney-ish.

Battlefront 2 covered that, actually, the old good one.

I've never been a big fan of how lightsaber styles were implemented into any SW media really. There's no clear advantage or disadvantage to having any kind of lightsaber because nobody ever seems to actually be better or worse depending on what they have. The closest example I can think of is actually Episode 1, the double sided saber seems like it'd be better for combating multiple opponents at a time.

What the prequels did to lightsaber fights kind of ruined them, though, since everybody was a crazy flippy ninja all of a sudden who could just do whatever the plot decided they needed to do.

You're going to get a million more fat, ugly, superwomen and like, maybe a new Calamari.

I can't wait, everyone fucking hates the new episode so much, it's so refreshing to see. That's what these soulless Disney kikes get for nihilistically shitting all over one of the most beloved properties ever created.

I just want Kyle left alone, he's my second favorite SW character right next to Luke, they already got one, I don't want them to ruin him too. Rebels already made their own OC donut steal version of him, so they can rape that guy all they want as far as I care.

I liked when lightsabers were used to serve the story

She's the kid demo surrogate

Literally the only good thing about the Disney takeover.

subtle

Mixed feelings, but Clone Wars a gold-covered turd with retarded nostalgia bait and trying to salvage shit characters like Jar Jar Binks, hated how they portrayed Boba Fett, the Clones, Dooku, and fuck Ahsoka, and screw what they did with the Mandolorians, various Jedi, and goddamn it Maul's origins was turned to shit. And fuck Rebels and the writers.

Is that the same artist who drew the Unreadable Squirrel Thing?

Actually, that would've also sucked because it would still be playing on Empire vs. Rebels nostalgia, just in a different context. And let's be honest, it's what everyone assumed that TFA would be early on and it people still thought it would be shit for that exact reason.

If I were Disney, I'd just fast-forward several centuries into the future to get as far away from Imperial remnants and Skywalker crap as possible and do a brand new story with new heroes and villains and themes, unattached in any way to the previous six movies.

Thing is, you couldn't have gone totally crazy with a new setting if you didn't move it into the far future, which wouldn't have been a proper continuation of the OT. Not that the Disney movies were, mind you, but there's only so much you could have done. At least having a New Republic, Jedi Order and Imperial Remnants fighting both the Republic and amongst themselves would have flipped the dynamic around.

marvel's tumblr heroes in SPAAACE

I can't decide which is worse, being a Star Trek fan or a Star Wars fan. It's like choosing between poking out your left eye or right eye…

Kannans not a Kyle Katarn ripoff anymore he was kinda leaning to Kyle in season 1 but now he acts like a Rahm Kota rip off

Expect in Clone Wars they were added perfectly Light Saber forms were based on alot of different sword styles. If you noticed when Ashoka took upon double blades she had a regular length lightsaber and a shortened one. This is based on Niten Ichi-ryū aka Dual wielding Katanas. While Dookus style was based on fencing same with Obi-Wans a neat little thing Dooku does in alot of duels was a fencers salute. Yodas form due to his height was literally based on jumping all the time. Anakin and Windus forms were actually really Sith light saber forms that were adapted by the jedi due to their destructive nature.

Its kinda depressing to see Holla Forums shit on the last great western cartoon we fucking had in years. Oh but it ruined this one fucking thing. Who gives a shit the lore changes it made are a hell of alot better than what Disney is doing with Nu-Wars.

Star Wars is for children. No amount of autistic swordfighting will ever mean otherwise.

Clone Wars is Nu Wars you dumbass Disney was so lazy they just said all clone wars canon was this show

This thread including implications that Clone Wars did anything perfectly makes me mad and just proves there are just fucking children on this board.

See the good side, atleast he will die with peace so the rape ride wont punish him further.

We have a new year refugee on the board recently. He sperg in reddit format how great current year Marvel is and how "ebil" are we for not sucking the tranny cocks.

Sooner or later the BO will btfo the 4cuck scum for good! This isn't Holla Forums, lying blatantly and fuck up threads wont work for them too long.

By that logic, so is this as well. you don't own nuffin goyim

I still regularly see people praise Aphra

yep. cringe.

yes, killing off the kid sidekick is so predictable. always happens, right?

honestly the chips are the only thing nuwars did that makes more sense
still makes developing the clones a waste of time, but also a bit more tragic at least, I suppose

Seems to me the show overused everything.
I just watched a clip of obi-wan vs grievous from the show, and they literally copy the movie fight beat for beat.

they literally copied it so little kids would say "hey! that happened in the movie!"
and you're telling me that the brilliant general would then try the exact same attack later on and obi-wan would beat him the exact same way.
It feels so amateur.

Developing clones kinda sucks since Commander Gree the dude Yoda kills during Order 66. Was the most progressive clone in the Republic even going as far as naming himself after an alien species. Unlike other clones Gree was interested in aliens and was not xenophobic of them.

Fucking Mouse nothing is safe

THEY ARE TURNING EVEN THE FUCKING CLONE TROOPERS INTO SJWs WHAT THE FUCK

Im pretty that was always Commander Grees thing

Daily reminder Disney made his 3D shit with old and unused sketchs from the original 2D series.

Pics related is that is how Ahsoka Tano was made: mixing up 2003 art of Shaak Ti.

Season 1 was where I stopped watching because of how insufferable just about everything was, so I'll take your word for it. It just struck me how Filoni obviously just wanted to put Kyle in his show but probably got turned down during the planning phase, which is ultimately a good thing.

Clone Wars didn't really ruin anything, if anything, it salvaged a lot of what the prequels fucked up. The chips are, arguably, the only big mistake and even then it probably works better than the order being followed willingly because the clones as they were characterized in the show were progressively becoming more and more independent.

Are you fucking retarded? Clone Wars was made before the Disney sale, if we operate on your logic the original trilogy are shit as well because Disney considers them cannon.

Why does that mean developing the clones sucks?

The 3D series used a lot of Genndy's stuff, even declared certain standout pieces cannon, like Anakin's duel with Ventress, who is herself a rip straight from Genndy's work because everyone liked her so much. You realize that almost everyone designs characters through concept art, right?

In that case you might have well made a new IP. But brand recognition is too strong.

unoriginal hacks, surprise. surprise.
they didn't even make ahsoka that cute in the end, she looks like a nigger with orange face-paint compared to those drawings.

it ruined all the good clone wars comics and the genndy cartoon obviously.

it was also intended to be an expansion of the genndy cartoon originally hence the designs, instead of just retconning it into oblivion. So I think his point still stands.

Mind you, Clone Wars was made when the old EU was still going on and while it drew some sources from it, it changed and overrode EU events and facts when it wanted to. It's now responsible for retroactively bringing some EU material to Disney canon.

That's silly, is like blame Germany (STG-44) for let Russia make crap copies (AK-47) of his weapons after the WW2.

Because I personally think Lucas Arts were gonna revamp the EU sooner or later shit was a clusterfuck

There are soooo much contrarians over the fucking thing too seeing people defendKaren Travis's Clone Trooper/Mandolorian lore,Yu-Zhann Vong, and Darth Caedus now makes me fucking sick to my stomach becasue it was deleted doesn't mean half of it was actually good. Now Disneys is not any better but what am I going to do.

If it makes you feel better, side material was never going to matter much to the mainline properties. Same deal with the current side material, no matter how often they say “real canon guz!”

I imagine they said TCW was canon because Georgie was a little more directly involved with that, yet I don’t know what gave them the idea to reuse a name for a forgotten character for Rogue One

Which it didn't do, Genndy's shorts were primarily eleven minute action romps, there was nothing to really retcon and many of the good moments are directly carried over into 3D wars, you're just being a faggot, probably a samefaggot at that.

I'm well aware, 3D wars played fast and loose with the lore at times but it was still fairly faithful. Now it's the last bastion of potentially good things in the Disney cannon.

Lucasarts would've probably wiped the slate clean but at least they would have kept the pozz to a minimum, and willingly reimplemented the good stuff. Now, all that good shit is gone in addition to the questionable stuff, only to be replaced by stuff that's fucking worse because it's politically motivated. Just look up the lore surrounding that purple haired cunt in The Last Jedi, she lives on a matriarchal planet where everyone is allowed to show their emotions, all the icky males stay out of power, and they are so empathetic and in touch with nature/their emotions, despite being excellent military commanders.

It's disgusting, I'd take a million more Vongs or another Caedus any day.

I imagine the sole reason CW is still cannon is because Disney wanted to use the same team and their resources for Rebelshit.

While at the same time squander Rebels? When it was announced I was actually kind of hyped one of the characters was a former jedi on the run from his past? Sign me up

I also went in thinking it would get better like clone wars but it hasn't the 1st season was unironically the best season and it was the most "kiddy" of the bunch. When Rebels tries to act serious it falls flat on its face should have just stuck with being an okay star wars children cartoon.

are you fucking serious

Ahsoka herself, just by existing, is a game breaker

People keep wanting it to have a tone similar to CW, but the team is hampered by Disney's censorship, which keeps them from doing that similar kind of storytelling well.

Hardly, her being yet another person Anakin lost in the between years is fine. Is it odd that she's not mentioned at any point in ROTS? Sure, but it's far from devastating.

Obi-Wan got to train Anakin right after he became a knight I never really saw anything bad with Anakin getting Ashoka….however it should have been Plo-koon still since hes apparently the one who found her as a baby and saved her from being kidnapped by a person who captures force sensitive children.

or Shaak-Ti you know the only other popular toruguta jedi during the clone wars.

It’s because she wasn’t created then

nigga the clone wars is only 3 fucking years and that period in the show is closer to revenge of the sith.
saying it doesn't matter that ahsoka is never mentioned is fucking retarded, don't feed me that bullshit.

I was talking about how she's not mentioned in anything else. If you want to talk about the other reasons why ahsoka is retarded, well hoo boy

Ahsoka Tano is made after the creation of new trilogy (Ep. I, II & III). Also, Anakin was jedi knight before turning Darth Vader.

Disney was just "Hey, lets put some new character from NOWHERE to the star wars core…also make Anakin jedi master because LULZ".

THIS

let's face it, filoni and george probably pushed the boundaries to see if they could get away with having a main character be such blatant pedo jailbait

They turned Grievous into a cowering pussy again, which is unforgivable.

Another thing Genndy Tartakovsky's series does better is Anakin Skywalker. He managed to make him into more of a cool badass while keeping his fundamental personality traits and mannerisms intact. 3D Clone Wars instead straight-up retconned him into a generic wise-cracking hero who has barely anything in common with his live-action movie counterpart aside from occasional, very minor nods towards the fact that he's supposed to be tormented as fuck and completely ignored his social awkwardness and outcast nature.

It's hilarious how much of Russian tech was simply minor reworking of shit they pilfered from the Germans.

but they just had to fuck it up with kid anikin v2, not chewbaca and the walking mandalorian OC.>>958210

I can't think of a single character in anything I've hated so instantly as Sabine.
I mean, even Rey took about an hour before I was completely sick of her.

Is it wrong if i want to force grip that butt?

It was before the buyout

Not really.

Spotted the pleb, your real issue is that they decided to go with a more Hong Kong feel for the martial arts fights instead of the classic 60's/70's Chambara feel that the original trilogy had. And that's kinda due to the most of the folks having grown up in the shadow of being able to watch Jackie Chan and Tsui Hark films (see the Zu Trailer). So naturally I can see that during the Prequel Trilogy the younger staff and George Lucas pushing for that, because it was hip at the time. Much in the same way that Lucas being one of the few to see Chambara films like the Hidden Fortress was an influence on the original trilogy. So please tell me you've actually taken a real interest in the sort of international films a guy like Lucas could've have been inspired by, and not just what manufactured hits you plebbishly torrented from Pirate Bay this week.

What's hilarious though is that Rian Johnson was so fucking obsessed with dumping stupid plot twist after plot twist (along with demolishing all of cast that matters) that the feminist bitch is so outright fucking incompetent that she basically wipes herself and the #Resistance fleet out in the process.

That was a Lucas mandate though.

Alot of really strange choices in this series were all Lucas werent they? Filoni was gonna make the ultimate star wars fanboy cartoon but lucas cock blocked him on half the shit.

Super invincible heroes are boring

Thought it was Erika Moen at first

wwwwwwwwwww

I always took the fighting style in the prequels being different because like Obi Wan said in A New Hope, it was a more sofisticated time. I mean, all the good guys and the bad guys are in their prime years. It's not like some old hermit fights a man in a robot-suit, or some farmboy who on his first year on the job fighting for his life.

I agree, the original voice actor for Anakin was much better, not to mention sounded much more like Hayden Christensen's Anakin. I remember especially liking him in the Revenge of the Sith video game, where Anakin is basically a one-liner-spewing smartass.

No offense to Matt Lanter but I simply cannot visualize his version of Anakin as the same one from the movies. I simply can't. If there is one casting decision that I think was a misfire in the Clone Wars, it was him.

Dee Bradly Baker is honestly one the best clone voice actors ever though. People dont like it but I honestly prefer him the extra mile he does when voicing essentially the same character but giving each character even just random white clone troopers vocal ticts like "Clone Veteran","Clone hotshot" or "Clone Newbie" was a nice touch.

I don't care if it's an homage to kung fu films, or if it was trendy, it was shit. Check the 'tism faggot.

Lucas has always been a really weird autistic sperg about certain shit, looking behind the scenes Filoni planned to include a ton of shit but was consistently stopped by Lucas, like with his 'siths don't have force ghosts' shit. He was even weirder with the videogames if you look into that.

There's 'prime years' and then there's really not making any sense. The super highly choreographed fights are boring when you get past the initial wow factor, they don't feel real, Genndy managed to make them interesting but I just can't get behind the duels in the prequel films.

I think he did an alright job, but you're right, the VA for Genndywars was much closer to Hayden, so close in fact that I thought it was Hayden at first.

Dee Bradley Baker's clone trooper voice was really good, at least he tried, Steve Blum in Rebels is the new Dee Bradley since he's the voice of almost every Stormtrooper and he phones it the fuck in.

How much did Lucas block Filoni on? I know that Filoni originally wanted to make Grievous like the 2003 cartoon but Lucas demanded he make Grievous like the movies, intended to have there be some sort of femme fatale romance/flirtation between Obi-Wan and Asajj Ventress and I think I even heard something about them planning to introduce a female Jedi with a crush on Anakin early on which got stomped out by Lucas pretty quick.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot that it was apparently George's request that Filoni bring back Maul in the show, which was the single dumbest fucking thing in it.

It's things like these that make me stop just short of wishing that Lucas directed the SW sequels. Disney's stuff is a soulless cashgrab but Lucas' autism cockblocking awesome ideas would've been just as bad.

Steve Blum has phoned in every role he’s been in since at least 2008. The guy has a good vocal range, the problem is that people only want him to do the same two or three voices.

Looks like that's the origen of Ahsoka Tano creation.

There are billions human across the galaxy so there's plenty of genetic material to collect from.

Did Anakin even get any chicks besides Padme? I always found it funny how out of the two of them, Obi-Wan always seemed to have more women interested (Siri Tachi, Satine Kryze, Asajj Ventress, even Bo Katan) despite the fact that Anakin was quite literally the Chosen One and should have been swimming in pussy.

The love-interests of Obi-Wan were always weird (and forced) like the ones of Luke.

The thing about Anakin & Padme is more like the representation of "true love", you know, no just "fuck some ramdom bitch".

I thought the entire point of Anakin & Padme is that it's creepy and unhealthy, hinged on Anakin's weird mommy issues and borderline psychotic obsession with Padme. A more "normal" Anakin (probably one who grew up with a proper father figure) would probably have several girlfriends throughout his life, simply as a side effect of being the Chosen One.

One of the reasons I think Clone Wars 3D fucked up with Anakin is that they didn't make him nearly unhinged enough, he was way too well-adjusted for a guy who completely loses his shit over a paranoid belief that his wife will die because of a dream only a few months down the line. They made him more likable at the price of making his turn even more unbelievable.

Speaking of Padme, the episodes with her in it are some of the worst of the show. I used to think that like Anakin, she was just a good character marred by bad writing but seeing as how even the Clone Wars couldn't find a way to make her interesting and not annoying, I believe that she's just a fundamentally shit character that's unfixable.

Padme's role in the story was always as more of a plot device than as an actual character, they retroactively tried to make her the Leia equivalent but she's just a boring senator who Anakin wants to fuck with no real personality aside from that. I kind of liked that episode where she solves the murder of another senator, but that's mostly just because I'm a sucker for murder mysteries.

They wanted to make her like Leia but at the same time didn't want her to feel like a Leia copy.

They kind of tied the two together by having one of Padme's ex-handmaidens, Sabe, end up training Leia's childhood friend, Winter, the one they used to use when the writers wanted to use Leia for an adventure but weren't allowed to. Sabe is supposed to be where Winter got the idea and the training to impersonate Leia.

wow that's an unpopular opinion. I'm with you on that, although I'm a bit biased due to nostalgia for that game and the genndy series.

The old anakin voice was seriously a damn good hayden impression.

I wish I could find a picture of the old clone wars ahsoka figure

it had a really cute butt sculpted under the skirt

look at those drawings. they genuinely wanted loli fanservice for their show.
the fucking dirty old men.

Genndy just made sketchs of many alien species with different ages and sizes as reference, not his fault.

Pic related is the final step of "Ahsoka Tano creation": just assemble in some way all the pieces of Genndy's work (and then give less clothes in 3D, lol).

So Anakin was fucking her? Wow.

I can't even blame or agnry on Hidalgo and Dave Filoni. They are just Holla Forums-tier nerds in a world where the "(((force is female)))".
It's pretty clear they are trying their very best to put as many coll stuff in the nu-canon as much they can, but since it's Disney they are forced to dumb them down…
I don't know if it would be good or bad if they just grown balls and start to demand and do what they want (reintroduce the old canon without the feminist bullshit). But seeing how Disney just force-close the Rebels show, i think they would be just replaced and dropped out.
I mean just make a quick search about it! They hired and asked Zahn to introduce Thrawn to the nu-canon and worked together to make the character cool and acceptable (mean: fixed old-canon Thrawn's Mary Sue traits).

If there is one thing what keep my faith in this raped franchise is that one day these two will get free hand and will make something good/decent and worthy for the original SW.

I guess. I just remember a lot of the lines from the original Battlefront 2 where some of the clones are regretful of Order 66 and one of them that served with Aayla Secura wish she had a quick death to spare her any pain. That felt more tragic.

Honestly, I thought they were going to do a Cold War thing since the OT had a WW2 vibe the natural conclusion would be the cold war.

One good thing I can say for Clone Wars is it explains what happens to Asajj Ventress. Never got an explanation for that before the CGI cartoon.

If they were going to fix the lore they could've at least curated it and not wipe the slate clean. Clean up some contradictions but keep the good stuff.

We kind of get him with Kylo Ren though.

It always bugged me how those two never met despite being Togruta's.

The original was a good Hayden impression and did a good job. But I kind of like Lanter's one since he does sound more like the badass Anakin Obi Wan described to Luke. That and their banter could be funny at times.

considering genndy's nude loli ashi scene in the new samurai jack, I say its safe to say he's a pedo too. Sorry man.

Anyway, I guess they had to trade the bare legs for the bare midriff? Having both would be too much.
Imagine all the potential upskirts we could have had in CGI.

bravo george

Ashokas Filonis waifu actually

Please don't let this be true.

A naked person in a show for adult viewers OH NO! You might expect them to be… I dunno… mature enough to handle shit like that and… well… not blame others for thinking the despiction of a half naked 2D child is sexually attractive.

But PFFF we're talking about Holla Forums Holla Forums here, full of teen scum.

of course, explains why we saw more of loli ashi naked than adult ashi right? so mature they even covered her butt?

you know it's true

george had a hand in it

On an ep of Dexter’s Lab they showed DeeDee’s naked torso very briefly

sauce plox.
For, uh, research purposes.

>put Thrawn into nu-canon cause we can't think of anything to do with that `creative freedom´ we were talking about so much

only disneyfags believe their lies

The spin they gave was they would still acknowledge some parts, or something like that

This

If you’ve seen her design, you wouldn’t be so excited

The spin was "Everything from old EU is now called Legends and that means it's just a story kids tell that was warped over time and distance, so it's not canon but if we are creatively bankrupt, we can canonise it and laugh at the money from retards flowing in"

Too bad they jumped the shark with these films. No idea why they didn't keep Lucas on as EP, use his ideas for a new trilogy and THEN add the shitty diversity they wanted. Would have given them money, credibility and a platform to preach their rhetoric from.

No wonder America gets cucked because they are scared of the female body.

It probably comes down to writer royalties

no wonder america hates europe, they love showing naked little girls in their movies.

sick fucks.

Yep, I love how we show naked little girls.

Which is ironic because the fucking Arabs are exactly like Murricans. Warmongering. Religious fanatics. Racist. Supersticious. Unkempt. Violent. Plain stupid. Sexist. Backwards in education. The worst of them are living in a desert landscape. I could go on forever.

People hate in others what they loathe in themselves?

If I were a sandnigger I couldn't even write coherently. Think, faggot.

I love watching pseudointellectuals humiliate themselves.

Hey Holla Forums

so you admit to the crime?

Oh boy this fucking imbecile is back.
When you're not around to cry about a bunch of shitposters FROM AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT BOARD WITH AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT TYPE OF SHITPOSTING these sorts of derails usually fix themselves.

Top kek.

I still can't believe just how awful the movie was

It really is fascinating

it's like how to not write new characters 101

is this shopped?
Why would she wear panties over tights?

user, your shiftkey is broken

Hey Holla Forums

what are you trying to prove?

And reported for derailing.

my bad, the discussion was really popping in this thread right

How fucking new are you?

you seem upset

What is this 2010? No seriously, what hellhole did you come from because it's obvious you're not from around here.

It's always 2010 in my mind

So you're a redditor, that would explain the autism.

you're one to talk. Only a sperg would get this upset over nothing

Then why are you replying? I was simply curious where you came from.

good question, I guess I'm a bit defensive. Anyway I've been here for a long time. Just because I don't visit every day or speak the same way, don't assume I haven't been around.

Bullshit, don't lie. You're newer than a fresh morning egg from a hemorrhoidal chicken. If it weren't so obvious from your passiveness, its definite by the fact you don't capitalize the first word of your sentence.

You're making assumptions. Not everyone is the same. I pride myself on not being a shithead.

Seriously who talks like this "I pride myself with…blah…blah…blah"; no one does. You're making the case worse for yourself with each passing post.

what is this, an inquiry? Am I on trial? I object, ect