A Very Holla Forums Christmas!

Merry times my fellow Holla Forumsfags! Lets gather 'round the warmth of our computer screens and share holiday comics to celebrate the Yuletide season!

I'll start things off by sharing Action Comics #105, "The Man who Hated Christmas"!

Superman saves Christmas, and Jasper Rasper becomes less of an asshole! You don't see simple Christmas stories like this anymore.

JLA #60 "MERRY CHRISTMAS JUSTICE LEAGUE – NOW DIE!"

Plastic Man tells us the story of how Santa Claus joined the Justice League.

Was it all coincidence, or was it Santa? Maybe the whole thing was the magic of Christmas.

So far so good.Patiently waiting for more, user.

Please be aware you're perpetuating an icon of consumerism by reposting these

Here's one of my favorites. Captain Marvel Adventures #69 "Captain Marvel and Billy Batson's Christmas."

We learn it's not about expensive gifts, but meaningful gifts.

A simple slice-of-life story featuring the world's mightiest mortal.

Here's another with the big red cheese. Captain Marvel Adventures #42 "Captain Marvel and the Plot Against Christmas".

A cantankerous old fart tries to stop his brothers from giving gifts to orphans and Captain Marvel attempts a one man Christmas Carol.

In b4 someone posts the Lobo Paramilitary Christmas Special.

This comic has a cover date of January, 1945, which means World War 2 was still raging. I've read a lot of cape comics from this era, but nothing quite captures the reality of war quite like that photo sitting under the Christmas tree.

Whoops, I got Badger in your Captain Marvel!

You should link your posts with replies, that way people can follow along.

OK, I'll do that next storytime.

Remember when Plastic Man was relevant?

THE BEST OF DC BLUE RIBBON DIGEST #22 - CHRISTMAS WITH THE SUPERHEROES!

Join in holiday cheer with these classic DC Christmas comics, including one by that old jew Jack Kirby. Needless to say, Jack Kirby's is the fucking best.

But first, the Teen Titans in "A Swingin' Christmas Carol" starring Wonder Girl's dangerously short skirt.

A Merry Christmas and a Groovy New Year from the Teen Titans.

Batman is saved by the Star of Bethlehem.

Captain Marvel Jr. helps a crook play Santa for kids.

Batman and Robin in "A CHRISTMAS PERIL"

A Merry Christmas from Batman and Robin!

Here it is, Jack Kirby's take on Christmas. An unpublished story from his Sandman run

"THE SEAL MEN'S WAR ON SANTA CLAUS!"

Seal men kidnap Santa Claus and attempt to ruin Christmas for the world because Santa keeps giving them gloves and snorkels.

So a charity gets a million dollars and an old man rekindles his love of Christmas! Thank you Jack Kirby!

Robin's White Christmas!

Robin gets a good old family Christmas with Alfred, Bruce, and Aunt Harriet!

THE MAN WHO MURDERED SANTA CLAUS!

The Justice League saves the day from the Key's evil plans!

This concludes Best of DC Blue Ribbon Digest #22. Have a Merry Christmas, Holla Forums!

Things that I think way too much about:

Given that most media producers (comic book artists included) are Jews, how much has the Christian celebration of Christmas been influenced by Jewish stereotypes about Christmas that they have portrayed in the media? How much of Christmas is a fanfiction of itself due to people adopting a highly stereotyped portrayal as the real thing?

As a foreigner, American Christmas seems to be creepily centered about consumerism. But that just might be American culture, since sports, spending time with friends, dating, etc. are also extremely commercialized in the U.S.

Thank you for storytimes, especially Plastic-Man. I will now hijack this thread to post new Hellboy Christmas Special: Krampusnacht. Written by Mignola and Illustrated by Adam Hughes.

And here's some bonus behind the scenes materials.
I will post other Hellboy Christmas Specials tomorrow if I manage to find them on my mess of a hard drive.

I wonder (((who))) could be responsible for that?

This was kind of mediocore

There's an old Terminator story from Dark Horse I once saw advertised, by this guy, Joe Jusko, and Toren Smith who used to write Dirty Pair, and did all those old Studio Proteus translations of Masamune Shirow. Been trying to track it down for a long time, I'm not sure it was even published.

Posting the last advert for the sake of historical verisimilitude.

If only we realized how good we had it.

When I got up this morning, I did not expect to see The Hulk brawling with Santa Claus.

Someone storytimed this a few Christmases ago, so I thought I'd return the favor. Here's Father Christmas by Raymond Briggs.

how blooming wholesome