Games that didn't deserve to die

Come on you know it be true, it was a entertaining video game.

Last rule change was on 2013.

Other urls found in this thread:

returnofreckoning.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i've had so much fun in SMNC and i was getting good with support and the rocket girl.

What the fuck happened

they just stopped updating the game and it was broken as shit and Uber is like "we're gonna update the game when it get more community support" even when its a weird title that hardly that many people play

The game started rapidly dying after they had to change the announcer's voice.

Dead in what sense? Any sense, or just the online community?

Let's get some big ones out of the way.

Post games that deserve to die

STOP

I was thinking online community, but if you have a good game that the devs stopped updating then you should shitpost it too.

Fuck Tripwire with a pitchfork for what they did.

fuck you. SMNC is what killed MNC

What did they do?

Came here to post these two.

When Red Orchestra 2 was first released, it was a buggy, unplayable mess.
When the Darkest Hour and Mare Nostrum mod teams refused to make mods for RO2 and insisted on keeping people playing Ostfront, Tripwire "updated" the way the client handled servers, essentially hiding every server in both the base game and the mods unless you used the Steam browser.
The populations dropped after that and people reluctantly went to Red Orchestra 2.

There are two other things they did to fuck everyone over.
Rising Storm was involved in the whole contest between teams to make a standalone expansion for Red Orchestra 2 alongside Darkest Hour and another lesser-known team, both of which dropped out, replaced with the In Country: Vietnam team.
Rising Storm was the only team who made progress, so Tripwire, as part of the agreement, replaced almost 95% of the original team with their own studio, removing features such as specialized spawnpoints, tanks, and previously shown maps.

Now, Tripwire is shit at keeping up with their own games if it's not paid DLC.
So with Red Orchestra 2, they had been slacking pretty badly when it came to vehicles they promised to release - they had one Russian tank and one German tank for the longest time.
They turned to a bunch of community modelers and texture artists to help out by producing tanks and vehicles.
So the community did, and had created, inside and out, around a dozen or so tanks with a handful of trucks that were purpose-built for Red Orchestra 2's level of detail.
Tripwire then turns around, reveals two transports and two tanks, both with inaccurate models and textures, and tells the community modelers to fuck off - but seeing as they had a contract, they couldn't use their vehicles for anything else, not even their own portfolios. So all that time and effort was wasted.

Tribes Ascend.

Lack of mod support killed it.

Hirez did.

League of Legends. If only so my friends will play games with me again. They'll probably find another flavor of the month game anyway.

You fucking on me right now?

I did the same double-take that you did. He's responding to a guy asking about games that deserve to die.

Nice catch bro.

Fucking NCSoft can burn in hell.

Don't worry, guys! You'll have City of Titans in a few years, maybe.

Oh fucking hell, I hate NCSoft for this and this alone.
Well, this and

About CoH… Valiance Online is still in development. Open Alpha and whatnot, for free. Think it'll end up any good by the time they hit beta?

The Lost Planet and Crysis Franchises.

I check that one fucking private server page almost every day and there's never anyone ever online.

It hurts.

why did they do that? i noticed that when i tried playing it agian for nostalgia and seeing how dead it is…

a co-worker of mine was obsessed with this game, had dozens of 50s. I let him have my account and he got all my alts to 50 as well. poor guy

I always feel like I missed something by not playing S4 League, if only because the tunes were radical and crossed over with the DJMAX series.

All games that have died.

You can't enjoy a game if you can't even play it, even if it's shit.

The game was great in the beta afterwards it's just been a free to play microtransaction hell back and forth, to and fro.

I've come to know that feel far too much. Always sucks to see a game die, even if it's not particularly good.

I only played SMNC for a short time to get the Assassin helmet for Team Fortress.
It was okay.
It is my favorite Pyro hat

Zero Gear.

It's a karting game on PC, like Mario Kart but with soccer and pachinko and all these other game modes as well as racing and shit and heaps of customisation and it was fun as fuck. But something happened to the developer or publisher and it was abandoned which is a fucking travesty.

Star Wars Galaxies was so perfect in every way until SOE fucked it up. I miss it every single day. I play on SWGemu but it's just not the same.

Fuck you, SMNC was a shit game designed to milk retarded faggots like you using the MNC IP. MNC did not deserve such shitty devs.

Evolve. The actual game is fun and has a lot of neat detaills and shit in it.
It's just the pubhlishers fucking killed it by making it 60$/not having a SP campaign, and horrible marketing for how the DLC worked.

Exteel. Was an arena mech shooter. Mechs that were based on gundam mech, not the clunky boring shit you see in MechWarrior or Hawken.

OH SO THAT'S WHAT IT WAS CALLED FUCK
BEEN TRYING TO REMEMBER THAT SHIT FOR YEARS

There is only one thing worse than seeing your favorite game die, and its seeing it live long enough to have it changed into something horrible before it finally gets its mercy killing.

Also, while I know it never got released, I am saddened to see everquest next die. While I assume the combat wouldn't work out very well, it was one of the only MMOs that would get released with a possible big enough impact and a different enough system to finally see MMOs change their way. We need fucking MMOs with a living world god damnit.

Also, I want rainbow six 3 to be popular in multiplayer again.

The things I would do for a version of Rainbow Six 3 with proper AI…

Fantasy Earth zero, still looking for a similar MMO

Dungeon Runners
Warhammer Online

returnofreckoning.com/

OUTCAST

CONQUEST: FRONTEER WARS

Hirez killed it by refusing to take its players seriously - preventing mod support was one of several (albeit perhaps the ultimate) symptom of that.

The one thing that always amazes me about older rainbow six games, is that even if you have 3 men as backup, you walk in a doorway and want to go back, while they are blocking the way, they will move out of the fucking way. I have yet to be blocked in by my backup. While so many other games fail to do that with even just ally following you.

While final fantasy 11 isn't completely dead i will say that pre-abyssea shouldn't have died but then i realize that today's gamer would never put up with that.

Could you imagine them waiting 4 hours to find a exp party? that would be funny.

it didn't kill it, but it did prevent it from being saved

what killed it was hirez fucking with the gameplay and reaching for the shekels, which could have been fixed in some kind of alternate community version if there was mod support but alas there was none.

Last time I tried that nothing worked right in it. Quests were broken, abilities were broken, mobs were broken, collission detection was broken, etc. How is it nowadays?

Story on why that bitch is getting handled like that? Because I see nothing warranting that amount of force. even for a nigger If she was talking shit, I hope that pig got fired.

now this was an interesting game. maps could have used some work but everything we needed to have fun was there

Silent Hills

Heroes of Newerth. The meta-game and hero balance were perfect at one point. It put every other ASSFAGGOTS to shame. But then S2 started the power creep: every has to run faster, have more mobility, be tankier, have better burst, have better sustain.

The game started dying when they introduced Monkey King: Monkey King was basically a Pebbles (or Tiny, for you DotA folks) that didn't need a Portal Key to start killing everything on the map. He could dive you past 2 towers, he could kill your carry and your support AND your jungler at the same under your tower and get away, he could 1 shot Devourer (Pudge) who had EHP items, he had one of the fastest movement speed, he made Dr.'s (Storm Spirit) in-combat mobility look tame by moving so fast and being all over the place that he was almost impossible to target with skills. There was 1 hero that could reliably kill him in the game and only if that one hero didn't get dropped on and went full on EHP. And the hero spent the better part of a year without any significant nerfs. The game just went downhill from there.

inb4 >assfaggots

That's what I heard from my friends who played it too. I liked HoN but couldn't stand looking at it so I played LoL until they started trying to turn a imbalanced casual baby game into something competitive. Thank god DotA2 came out soon after.

Also dota games are great, don't be dissuaded by the autists/memers.

Its shit. MNC all the way

I know that feel. On the plus side, Hawken made me quit f2p games for good. f2p is a cancer that killed a lot of games that would've been awesome with traditional development.

The final straw was when they changed the UI so it wasn't a part of the mech.
So fucking mad.

I blame Cawadoody.

Sure it was't perfect, but did it deserve to get ignored and die?

Had it not been for all the cinematic bullshit, that game would have been the most original FPS of the decade.

The new developers are so not interested in ever updating Hawken that they are now killing off critical programmers.

What planet?

It's an ape-woman. Better catch her before she starts shit.