GOG Connect

DRM FREE NEVER

What exactly is the point of this GSG connect? Is it to share games between Steam/GOG?

ok

Yeah, Basically you get cheap sales on GOG now you can play them on steam and get achievements?

But steam must get a cut somehow.

It's been like 3-4 years I stopped using Steam, what's this again?

Deal with the devil. It's an assurance to prospective publishers and devs that people buy games on GOG.

It still can't connect for me, the servers may be overloaded as usual.

So, if I joined this then I could make some of my steam games GOG games, and therefore DRM free? What are the downsides for me?

woops

STEAM DATA
T
E
A
M

D
A
T
A

so wait wait wait
DRM free steam games.. that you can add to your already DRM free GOG account? the fucks the point? if my shits DRM free i'll just fucking move the folder somewhere else and call it a day.

Privacy, but that's a non-factor since you can simply create a new GOG account for Steam games. Basically, this is just another distasteful hoop.

the slippery slope begins.

Soon all restaurants will be tacobell.

Are you retarded or something? Of course they need to access your steam profile data, when you want to migrate your FUCKING STEAM GAMES to a drm-free form.

I'm not sure what the problem is. Please spoonfeed.

I guess that gogdrones must be in suicide watch.
Thats why i only use GoG as a easier way to find and pirate old shit or for those 50gb torrents.
Watch the denial since Galaxy got introduced

I think it's your saves and config files.

Oyy lamao

I SURE HOPE MY ACHIEVOS TRANSFER OVER

Its pretty funny, I especially enjoyed the denial after the Witcher 3 downgrade.
Every store is shit, pick your poison, buy to support the devs you like and pirate everything else.

Steamdrones are missing one brain cell too many.

I'm waiting for CD Projket to fuck up Cyberpunk.. Then I'll be all like "YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE". God fucking damn it. Don't do this to me.

t-thanks gog
maybe next round i'll get more games

Thats why i dont give a fuck about what they say, since its mostly ideological over a distribution service. Plus the damage control over not-Early Access was funny.
At the end of the day, Steam and GoG just sell a license with a official way to download your shit. Fanboism is a hell of a drug.

What does steam data tell them?
Win-10 style everything?
Or all the programs on your system/PC specs?
Not that I'm saying anything is fine since it can be used to build a profile by other organizations.

Everything from the games you bought to your friends list.

Im sure they using this as a way to see which games to add to their store.

This is clearly the end times.

I don't even know what's going on.

It's well past the sky-is-falling point. Have you even been paying the slightest bit of attention to the decline of vidya?

You goys do yourselves a favor and see:

Literally nothing.

Anyone could have figured out what's in OP by rubbing 2 brain cells together when they heard about gog connect.

Hoo boy, that beats my old UG collection.

You're absolutely daffy. If it was nothing it wouldn't even be happening.

Fugg.

But it's Thursday.

There's literally nothing wrong here.

So wait, is there anything actually here thats bad?
It just means that you need to make multiple GOG accounts in order to prevent Steam from getting you Info

Its not as if GOG games are going to have Steam processes in the background… is it?

Because that would be bad

Yeah, we should do everything we can to ensure good games flop, good devs collapse and AAA garbage sells like hotcakes. Fantastic plan.

hi (215)

Fug

Because the reverse happens when we buy games right?

I dont get it? Whats wrong with this. Its an added bonus.

Although in the case of GOG, a lot of the stuff they're selling is at prices that aren't worth it

Like vampire the masquerade is being sold at $20
Except its a broken and really buggy game unless you get it patched

Honestly I'm just annoyed that they're selling games based on how popular they are

Still Full piracy is shitty because its putting less no money into the market

I at least buy games that i didnt already previously own that i like

The only excuse for being full pirate is being full poor
And by Full pirate i mean FULL, as in not buying any games that all irregardless of them being good/bad or the money going to the actual devs

THINGS ARE HAPPENING CURRENTLY

Literally nothing. Underage Holla Forumseddit retards can't into common sense.

So could I transfer DRM games from Steam to GOG to get rid of the DRM?
Or in other words, can it get rid of Uplay and Games for Windows Live?

If not I don't care.

If you're a robot what makes you think you're welcome here?
Shoo. Go be scrap metal elsewhere.

If you already have a steam account to link in the first place I'm not sure what you all are complaining about.

So, a soft-takeover of GoG by Valve?

wat

user i dont think Uplay games are on GOG

How the fuck does someone play PC games in the last 10 years without fucking STEAM
I mean I wish I could do without but it's impossible

ok

it werks

my steam account is now connected and gog just gave me 5 out of 20 games i already have on steam. These are now the full gog version, i no longer need the steam client, i can now dl the gog version and play it without steam.

as far as i know, two worlds 2, on steam, had the shitty 3rd drm on board. Now with the gog version i no longer suffer this shit.

actually this is perfect, i never dl two worlds on steam and can now play it full drm free.

What the fuck? Who has ever had that dilemma? Buy it at most once and if you want a copy then either make a damn copy or torrent it if you used a DRM platform to buy. I can only see that being an issue for the terminally retarded

fuck off
steam is cancer but gog is like injecting donkey diarrhea into the cancer tumor

Wow, mean.

what?

It's a simple analogy about tumors and donkey diarrhea my man

Why is GoG worse than steam though? Id take it over steam anyday. If I had to choose

Then I don't see the point of this all.

user you need to stop biting the bait

But user, they are drm free as long as you don't have a GOY account.

Its for people who would rather play Grimdawn without DRM
Essentially if you dont buy stuff on steam in the first place its meaningless
Also its shares GOG data with steam, meaning Steam knows who all the GOG friends are and what GOG games you play although you can get around this by just making a new GOG account to transfer all your shit too

There are alot of Steamdrones in this thread who will try and dissuade you from stopping your games from being DRM, ignore them

Also there are the shitty Pirates, who i believe aren't pirates but actually are shills trying to put on a false front as pirates
Dont trust them as well

So since I always check first if I can get a game DRM free I can totally ignore this stuff. Roger.

Would've loved getting rid of Uplay on Blood Dragon, though.

The reason why many people won't switch to GOG is because "all their games are on steam". Offering these people free games gives them a chance to move their library over, and buy more things from GOG

Let them see what games I play on there instead of GOG. I want to see them cry when they've learned they're losing business from this.

You do know companies make money selling costumer data?

I'd agree that it is, I just thought his analogy was funny

Only if you use that connect bullshit, which no one with a half brain would do.

It was debunked so many times… Their marketing departemnt srewed up with some unrealistic presentations but it's still the most awarded game in history as well as financial success so stfu.

Isnt that the whole reason Steam is doing this in the first place?
thought this shit was without say
Anyway thats why you just make a new account on GOG and shove all your Steam games into it
Steam cant get data if theres none in the first place

Steam already knows what I play on Steam. I don't really care.
How's that even valuable information?

They're gonna know what memes you have and cherish the most.

Its valuable because they can sell it
However the aim of the game is to deny them
Steam must burn with all the DRM it comes with

will they know about my love for Ika?

Yea I was just responding to that user who thought he would stick it to steam by linking his GoG account.

Good, I hope they buy my data from Gog and find out that I'd rather play old stuff like Mite n Magic instead of their fucking cancerous skyrims. Maybe that'll make them work on their store selection more.

Well, it needed my game list. Connect only worked once I set my profile to public. Some data that is, since that is what Steam already takes and sells to publishers without my permission.

Haven't spent jewbux since paid mods and pirated my worthwhile library.

And what happens when they sell that information to EA or some other cancerous company who then rpoceed to buy it and rape it to death in a remake?
jk i know mite and magics already been raped to death, but think about other games that haven't

Everything's already dead. They cannot harm me any more.

Sell it to whom and for what? I'd assume it'd be only valuable for marketing which I don't care about. Let the idiots pay for worthless information.

The other reason could be seeing what I play on GoG since either Steam doesn't have it or I just prefer games without DRM. I'd be fine with Steam taking a hint.

What are the odds of an old game series coming back and actually ending up being good?

It has WESP's patch baked into the installer, you know, the shit unofficial patch

Heaven forbid user.

even worthless things can male shekels user
The aim is to prevent them getting shekels
Otherwise they'll just keep making DRM trash

currently none

If anything, this makes the bubble bigger. Let it.

wait wait wait, they grabbed the shit patch?
not the good one but the shit one?

how dopes that effect the good patch then?
Does it prevent it installing correctly or what?

The marketing department creates the art assets?

I don't know, that's all I heard about it

CAN'T FUCKING CONNECT!

Why don't they sell more old games on GoG? I thought thats what the name meant, Good old Games

Children with their parents credit card and casuals don't want old games. Since they are the largest market by far, it would be foolish for GoG to not pander to them instead of people like us who mostly use the service as a way to pirate easily.

Of course, the shit one is the one that gets marketed.

they released a few good new games on it and it let open the flood gates for other shitty games

To be fair, if they were remakes of old games i could understand, like in the case for "war for the otherworld", but now they've got a ton off shit newly released games

Still I've bought all the games i've ever pirated from GOG, albeit usually when they're on sale, so at least I've given to the market

Full pirates are only acceptable when they're poor

catering to the Holla Forums audience is asking for financial ruin

Risk of Rain did good but that was for /vg/.

This entire post is absolutely fucking revolting. Why do we let these people in?

Because this is a open platform accessible to all. Not just to those who share your opinions.

retards overreacting to an optional service that you aren't required in the slightest to use

The next generation is fucking doomed.

I didn't say I agreed with him user. You asked a question and I answered it.

You are if you want to play multiplayer games. But you keep staying willfully ignorant and passing on false info like the good useful idiot you are.

the world you live in must seem so bleak

You live in the Berenstein Universe?

i live in a universe where when a company offers me a free service i don't immediately feel the need to get mad about largely imaginary boogeyman stealing my personal data or attempting to take advantage of me or whatever it is that you're asserting here

i understand people hating steam, or gog, but i mean… if you went and got your big mac meal, and they said "we're having a promotion with dairy queen. would you like a free ice cream with your meal" would you flip shit that they're doing something wrong? i don't get it

Do have a single fact to back that up?

If you have a steam account, they're already doing that. I don't see how connecting it with GOG somehow makes it worse.

I didn't ask for a blog, if you want personal data that badly you actually need to pay people for it.

so you're mad that gog isn't paying YOU to link your steam account? do i understand you correctly?

why is this bread full with steam shills?
Is valve butthurt?

When i see this correct than is this gog immigration made by gog and developer/publisher.

the steam games it can do that shit to are already drm-free

Yes gog kike, kill yourself.

killer argument bro. i disagree with your piss-poor argument so i'm a paid shill. keep fighting the good fight

I was actually expecting inflation/whatever that fetish is when bitch is forcefed enough food for her to balloon into big fat snorlax. thank you for proving me otherwise

because Poland got access to the internet when they invaded the UK

8ch turned into shitchan faster than I thought. This site is dead.

If you want personal information, pay up, otherwise I'll continue not using your DRM spyware. :^)

Combing through your post history tells me that you are not improving the situation user.